Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Glad to see Olivia's staying angry. Hold tight to that anger, kid. Anger can be your friend and your savior. And in your horrible situation, maybe the only one you'll ever have available.

This is the poor little girl on their ministries page with a giant Sputnik like baby fascinator on her hair and scabs on her face!  Yeah I'd be pissed if my parents stuck one of those fugly things on my head and posted a pic of me with scabs all over my face.

32.jpg

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Mr Evenstar is about 5'-7" and even with French and Spaniard ancestry is as far away from Napoleon complex and from being an asshole as can be.

We must hear more about this Wallerian encounter...dish! ?

Sorry guys, the person in question says they are too easily identified by occupation and/or location and denied my request to post here. 

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm not sure there's enough wine to make this more palatable...I couldn't stand even a minute of it...I even went towards the middle and the end....about as engrossing as scrubbing my toilet.

I made it to the 46 second mark....  I have a question -- how does Jill have money for the acrylic nails while her kids are starving to death?

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I made it to the 46 second mark....  I have a question -- how does Jill have money for the acrylic nails while her kids are starving to death?

Maybe she makes poor Nurie do them....in their stink RV no less....the fumes must be horrific in that confined space...she's the Tammy Faye of the Quiverfull World.

Except Tammy Faye became a gay and drag icon ,and if I recall correctly, Tammy Faye was much kinder to the LGBT community than J Rod would ever think of being.

9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Sorry guys, the person in question says they are too easily identified by occupation and/or location and denied my request to post here. 

Shucks...but respect your friend's privacy you must.

(edited)
On 5/12/2016 at 7:10 PM, Sew Sumi said:

More JRod.

These people have to be trolling us. They aren't a real. They must be a skit for something. Good one Rodrigues' haha. I suggest you skip the crap until the kids start speaking at about 14:00. The girls are a hoot. Hi eeee.. What's worse is when the boys 'hi ee and bye ee'. Good thing they aren't 'mind-dirtied' by the 'ungodly'. What the hell kind of public schools do you have down there 'Murica'? 

09:00-10:15 Calculus

Bathroom break without having genitalia confirmed

10:30-11:45 Atheism

Lunch break with sluts and rappers

12:30-1:45 Physical Education

Bathroom break to smoke a doobie and take a swig from a bottle of moonshine, for the more advanced, safe injections site. 

02:00-03:15 Kamasutra (theory only, middle school duh)

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

These people have to be trolling us. They aren't a real. They must be a skit for something. Good one Rodrigues' haha. I suggest you skip the crap until the kids start speaking at about 14:00. The girls are a hoot. Hi eeee.. What's worse is when the boys 'hi ee and bye ee'. Good thing they aren't 'mind-dirtied' by the 'ungodly'. What the hell kind of public schools do you have down there 'Murica'? 

Bathroom break to smoke a doobie and take a swig from a bottle of moonshine, for the more advanced, safe injections site. 

I was defrauded just reading this! 

Where did you get the info....you must share the link.

Wondering if JRod would be mind dirtied by our blog and I hope she reads it.  She would probably have another rant on YouTube about burst balloons ..lady, just feed your kids and let them have a normal life.  You'll still gave godly kids if you teach them right, but don't deprive them of an education and drive them round the country in an RV teaching them to grift.

• Love 2
(edited)
51 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

They don't even keep their weird accent straight! They receive their "schooling" via "home skewell"!

Seriously though, that little girl sharing her square foot of desk with a sibling was super sad. 

Jill and David sure can ramble on. And what's the fucking point of preschool with no other children? You cannot homeschool preschool. 

Edited by ingenting
  • Love 6

I just skipped through that homeskewelling video. All I can say right now is: horrifying. Malnourished, discolored kids reciting sound bites about worldly influences and how grateful they are to their parents. It's chilling. Extremely dark.

• Love 13

I don't know why they can't find an accredited brick and mortar Christian school that is Fundy or Fundy lite that would give them a break on tuition. Many Catholic schools let large families attend free or almost free and the kids also get free or reduced cost meals so they get something decent to eat...I'm sure since they are D list Fundy royalty that many schools would welcome them with open arms.

Those poor Rodriguii...hungry for a good meal..hungry for knowledge...it's heartbreaking how sickly their poor kids look.  Wouldn't you if crammed in an RV with 14 people breathing formaldehyde and hairspray? It gives me a migraine just imagining how unhealthy that environment is.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Wondering if JRod would be mind dirtied by our blog and I hope she reads it.  She would probably have another rant on YouTube about burst balloons ..lady, just feed your kids and let them have a normal life.  You'll still gave godly kids if you teach them right, but don't deprive them of an education and drive them round the country in an RV teaching them to grift.

I don't know if Jill R. reads here, but she almost certainly reads Free Jinger.  She's been releasing videos at a smart pace to do the ol' internet FU over the stuff they say about her over there.  There's a whole subset of people monitoring everything online about her, and picking through the information to find out what's what.  No one has actually tried to go by the house the R's live in sometimes, or try to interview neighbors, get close to Amy, etc., but they're watching Jill and they pull no punches when discussing her.

But Jill still won't address why her kids are so thin.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 1
On 5/10/2016 at 9:37 PM, becca3891 said:

Fundies are absolutely terrified of children going away to college, even fundy colleges like Liberty. Because it's almost impossible to get through the college experience without having had your mind expanded or your way of thinking challenged. So the best option, if you are a fundy who does actually approve of higher education, like the Bateses, is to be lucky enough to live near an ultra fundy school so your children can remain at home and under your umbrella of protection.

Ugh. I will never understand what they find so immodest about loose fitting shorts but that's so unfair to make a little girl swelter in tights.

Huh.  I went to Liberty and never was, nor ever have been a Fundy.  Good to know.

I watched JRod's makeup and hair 'tutorials' for fun.  She is a pretty girl and looks 10 years younger without the forrest green eyeliner.  She is pretty quick with the curling iron.  And she had a thumb-sized bruise adjacent to her wrist bone, as in someone holding her a bit too tightly.  No longer fun, those poor kids.

• Love 2

That home-schooling video was repellent.  Dad droning on and on and on about the Biblical base for home-schooling, then Mom trying to be cute with the 'Take One' nonsense.  Good thing I had an adult beverage (okay a couple) last night when I watched it.  But the kids just saddened me more than anything.  The coaching was so apparent (memorize THIS and no MORE WIRE HANGERS! came to mind more than once).  They looked so beaten down, malnourished, hollow-eyed, and terrified.  Abuse seems very apparent and it's no wonder these kids are kept isolated from anything normal, since if they ever talked about what goes on in that House of Horrors, it'd probably make headlines. 

The one thing that set me off even more was David's entrance into the room where Jilly was filming, carrying that huge plate of what looked like cookies.  Time for a snack, Chubs?  Might be a little more Christian of you to share that snack with your starving children.  This guy is quite overweight and the kids are emaciated. 

I wish someone local could validate some of our assumptions, document, and call Child Protective Services. 

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I don't know why they can't find an accredited brick and mortar Christian school that is Fundy or Fundy lite that would give them a break on tuition. Many Catholic schools let large families attend free or almost free and the kids also get free or reduced cost meals so they get something decent to eat...I'm sure since they are D list Fundy royalty that many schools would welcome them with open arms.

Nurie (I think -- one of the older girls, anyway) mentioned specifically that Christian schools are almost as bad as public schools, so they can't go to them either. Wonder if the malnutrition helps them keep the kids from developing functional brains of their own.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ingenting said:

DavidnCil posted this a week ago. That house is probably still an uninhabitable dumpster. 

33e4pci.jpg

I can see why he's called TFDW.  He does look fabulous.  Eyes rolling behind my brain.  Prissy's kinda cute in her way but then she speaks (I saw a video someplace) and it seems that the lights are on but not sure anyone's home.  Sad.   

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Nurie (I think -- one of the older girls, anyway) mentioned specifically that Christian schools are almost as bad as public schools, so they can't go to them either. Wonder if the malnutrition helps them keep the kids from developing functional brains of their own.

CATHOLIC school was mentioned in the original post?  Are you mad?  The Catholics are heathens.  Having said that I attended parochial school for first grade, Mom pulled me out so I went to public school.  It was my choice to attend a Jesuit university and I'm eternally grateful I did.  I'm a heathen by any Fundie or Catholic or any other standard (never mind a hell-bound homosexual) but you can't beat a Jesuit education.  No snark involved in that comment. 

• Love 7
(edited)

In the hopes that she does read these boards: Jill, you are a twisted, twisted sister. Stop exploiting Amy. Please.

Edited by Aja
  • Love 4

It wouldn't be a proper courtship video without the obligatory one drink/two straws pose. I don't know what it is with Fundies and shared beverages. It's like they're trying to recreate some 1950s Americana malt shop fantasy. 

• Love 4

I've been trying to avoid them,but was that Jill and Family singing in the video? If so, they are truly grifting from the churches they perform!  Also, both Kevin and Amy seemed like they had a normal upbringing, so when did the extra special fundyness appear?

Amy was raised super fundie with Jill. Remember, Jill was basically handed to Chimpy by her parents when she was 17. I believe they were also homeschooled. I don't know Kevin's background. 

• Love 1

I watched that home-skewling video last night.  Those poor kids were soooooooooo coached.  You can even hear JillRod whispering the proper soundbites to one poor child who was forgetting the script.  And notice how they ALL mentioned the proper bits - being protected from having to talk to sinners and what a great teacher mother made and not being distracted by all the sin that goes on in public schools.  Even though some of them were very distracted by the "music" playing in the background.  I can only imagine what went on between the takes for those who messed up their first shots.  And after seeing how JillRod writes her blog, I can only imagine the poor English skills those kids have now.  Yeow.

• Love 2

I recommend watching the video on mute.

JRo, I'm just so, so, curious why you chose to make a video this year.

When should we expect the videos of your other sister(s?) anniversaries? And is this the 11th video you made to honor Amy's marriage?

• Love 1

Remember, Jill was basically handed to Chimpy by her parents when she was 17.

Really?! Could someone give me a short recap? I've only read about these nutters on here and not enough to know their history.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Henri205 said:

CATHOLIC school was mentioned in the original post?  Are you mad?  The Catholics are heathens.  Having said that I attended parochial school for first grade, Mom pulled me out so I went to public school.  It was my choice to attend a Jesuit university and I'm eternally grateful I did.  I'm a heathen by any Fundie or Catholic or any other standard (never mind a hell-bound homosexual) but you can't beat a Jesuit education.  No snark involved in that comment. 

My dear Henri, Catholic schools were only mentioned because they have long given free or almost free educations to large families.  It stands to reason that many Christian schools that are Fundy or Fundy lite may also follow a similar example by extending choices to religious families who couldn't afford to go but would like to. Private school is NOT cheap. Heavens to Murgatroid, I would never suggest the Duggars or Rodriguii consider a Catholic school....which is a shame since they generally offer an excellent education and would welcome anyone wanting a good education for their kids.

• Love 2

Well, as I said, she mentioned "Christian" schools. I would imagine that the Rodrigui don't include Catholic schools in that. However, she made clear that Christian schools -- by which I expect she means Protestant schools, many of which are conservative, Baptist, evangelical -- are also hotbeds of heathens. Perhaps not as heathenish as Catholics (or Episcopalians, or Lutheran or UCC or another liberal Prot denom). But certainly devilish enough. As you say, Jesuit education is considered excellent by us open-minded sorts. So it's obviously satanic.

• Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Really?! Could someone give me a short recap? I've only read about these nutters on here and not enough to know their history.

Here ya go. She's sanitized the part about it being a set-up through her parents. Chimpy was about 25 when they met. 

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?page_id=174

And Chimpy's bio. You can see that there were several years between the time he was "saved" around age 18-19 to when he hooked up with the Jillster. 

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?page_id=169

Edited by Sew Sumi
I didn't want to leave the Chimp out!
  • Love 1

I can see why he's called TFDW.  He does look fabulous.  Eyes rolling behind my brain.  Prissy's kinda cute in her way but then she speaks (I saw a video someplace) and it seems that the lights are on but not sure anyone's home.  Sad.   

Prissy and TDFW are like Dopplegangers...they are twins from another mother.  She's often called "Poor Simple Prissy", but she looks so sweet and inoffensive that many pity her being married to a guy rumored to be a total asshat.  But at least, David works a steady job and you don't see him grifting and he seems to know he needs to do  what's right by his wife and kids.  I think out of all the Keller sisters, she got the better husband.  They seem to be "making the best of it", even if they aren't totally happy.

I think the best Keller husband was Josh. Together, he and Rebekah completely left Gothard and lived a very normal life for several years before they divorced. Of course, you know that the senior Kellers, Wallers, Anna, and the remaining Keller brothers at home are blaming some sort of sin for the dissolution of Rebekah's marriage. First and foremost, their abandonment of Gothard. I don't think I've seen a picture of Rebekah with the Kellers  (ANY of them) since we found out about the divorce. I hope she wasn't shunned. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I think she needs glasses since everytime I see a picture of her she is squinting hardcore.

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Here ya go. She's sanitized the part about it being a set-up through her parents. Chimpy was about 25 when they met. 

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?page_id=174

And Chimpy's bio. You can see that there were several years between the time he was "saved" around age 18-19 to when he hooked up with the Jillster. 

http://rodriguesfamilyministries.com/main/?page_id=169

I want to know more about Jill being set up by her parents. I have never heard that before.

Prissy turns 30 this year. She's two years older than Anna. 

As for the Jill/Chimpy set up, I am positive that Jill has written/talked about it, but maybe just not in that "About" section of the blog. It may have been in response to a question at some point in a video? I've been following the Rods for a number of years, and this recollection is from a few years ago, so I don't remember where I saw/heard it now. :(

In my area we have both Catholic and Christian private schools as well as a Jewish private academy. All are rather expensive, although the Catholic one does offer a slight discount for a 3rd child and beyond. The tuition at the Christian school (which does not teach evolution) is similar to the cost of community college. For families with a dozen or 19 kids, either would be out of reach.

The Catholic school's tuition has increased due to a drop in enrollment. Not sure why the Christian school is so costly. 

So heathen or non-heathen - money talks when it comes to private education.

4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, as I said, she mentioned "Christian" schools. I would imagine that the Rodrigui don't include Catholic schools in that. However, she made clear that Christian schools -- by which I expect she means Protestant schools, many of which are conservative, Baptist, evangelical -- are also hotbeds of heathens. Perhaps not as heathenish as Catholics (or Episcopalians, or Lutheran or UCC or another liberal Prot denom). But certainly devilish enough. As you say, Jesuit education is considered excellent by us open-minded sorts. So it's obviously satanic.

So, in other words, simply no interaction with anyone outside of their family.  (I went to a Lutheran elementary school for a few years so I grant and attest they exist, and expect Jill R. knows this also.)  You simply can't function outside your bubble or talk to strangers, apparently, and I wish any of the kids luck getting married off if they're only allowed to spend time with their siblings.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

So, in other words, simply no interaction with anyone outside of their family.  (I went to a Lutheran elementary school for a few years so I grant and attest they exist, and expect Jill R. knows this also.)  You simply can't function outside your bubble or talk to strangers, apparently, and I wish any of the kids luck getting married off if they're only allowed to spend time with their siblings.

Well, the door is wide open for me to make a crack, but I'll resist...

• Love 2
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Well, the door is wide open for me to make a crack, but I'll resist...

snap! Oh no you dih int! Oh wait you didn't! But yeah, I see where you were gonna go. 

What is with these fundies claiming everyone else is ungodly? Grrrr. 

Edited by sometimesy

On the off chance that Rock chick is reading here, I'll say this.

Get that fat slob of a husband on a fucking diet! Start feeding your underfed, malnourished, pasty looking children with nourishing food, stop making up your daughters so they look like tarts on a night out and ffs, move into the 21st century and dress less like a Rock chick wannabe.

That one particularly disgusts me mightily. How do those children know what school is like when they've never been to one?

• Love 15

Smuglaw Bates put up a video on IG where he bangs into the wall at Erin's house and manages to break it........apart from the fact that he is clearly wayyyy overconfident (read: smug as hell), how the hell can a wall be damaged like that, just because someone bumps into it? If he'd done that at my flat, he would have likely broken his back........

On 5/12/2016 at 0:11 PM, Fallacy said:

How can she not realize how fake and rehearsed this video comes across? I don't believe any of those kids. I think all of their eyes are filled with terror and they're praying every night for rescue.  She's insane, truly. I'm seriously angry and devasted right now and I can't believe that parents in this country are allowed to do this to their kids all in the name of religious freedom. 

I'm not sure they're praying for rescue. I think in their own brainwashed way, they're content. I hope there isn't horrendous physical abuse going on behind the scenes, although admittedly there could well be. I certainly think they're malnourished and emotionally abused, at a bare minimum.

18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

But that would miss the whole point. They want the family to be together all day, every day, and believe that there is untold evil lurking in every corner, even in a Christian school. They believe "age segregation" is wrong and that socializing should be large Christian families mingling, that's it.

16 hours ago, Curucu said:

Huh.  I went to Liberty and never was, nor ever have been a Fundy.  Good to know.

How did you end up at Liberty if you've never been Fundy? That's a new one to me. I've known many people who went there, but every last one was Fundy. Bearing in mind, my definition doesn't match that of some people here. A Fundy to me is a fundamentalist Christian, one who is obsessed with the inerrancy of the bible, "witnessing" to people to get them to accept Jesus into their heart, is a new earth creationist, etc.

• Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, queenanne said:

Control freaks can't afford outside contact for their controlees. I went to public school and still was deprived of human contact as much as my family could possibly manage. The old standby approach is to make you so leery of speaking to other people that you don't have contact with others even when you do, you know, have contact. Jill seems to do that part by instilling fear of and disdain for others. In my case, they did it by convincing me that I was far below a pile of fresh crap on the list of desirable things and that nobody in the world would want to do anything but vomit if I spoke to them or approached them in any way.

It's all about the isolation, and it's kind of amazing to me that even the biggest idiots -- and all those in denial about their control freakism, as I expect the Rod parents are -- instantly grasp this fact. The fact that those kids are kept on the road all the time is obviously a part of this. And it's an especially horrible part, I think, because it greatly limits the chances that a kid will ever feel comfortable or brave enough about another person or situation to let down their guard a little to reach out at all or begin to notice that devil-mommy may have been wrong.

Edited by Churchhoney
poor word choice
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, becca3891 said:

How did you end up at Liberty if you've never been Fundy? That's a new one to me. I've known many people who went there, but every last one was Fundy. Bearing in mind, my definition doesn't match that of some people here. A Fundy to me is a fundamentalist Christian, one who is obsessed with the inerrancy of the bible, "witnessing" to people to get them to accept Jesus into their heart, is a new earth creationist, etc.

I know some people who went to Liberty and who consider themselves conservative evangelicals rather than fundamentalists. The differences they point to are that they're not as isolationist as fundies or as legalistically judgmental when it comes to total inerrancy-to-the-letter and such. I expect there may be a fair number of Liberty grads who would put themselves in that category, actually.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I know some people who went to Liberty and who consider themselves conservative evangelicals rather than fundamentalists. The differences they point to are that they're not as isolationist as fundies or as legalistically judgmental when it comes to total inerrancy-to-the-letter and such. I expect there may be a fair number of Liberty grads who would put themselves in that category, actually.

Seems to me you've done a good nutshell job of describing the fine distinction and difference that has long been evading us:  that of the Dillard and Seewald families of origin, vs. the Duggars, Maxwells, et al. 

• Love 3