Type keyword(s) to search

Sweet Fellowship: Duggars and Friends (aka the Bates Family and Other Featured Families Thread)

Message added by Scarlett45

If a person/family was never featured on any of the Duggar shows, and is not related to the Duggar family by blood or marriage, they do not need to be discussed here..

The Politics Policy is still in effect. A participants social media is NOT an invitation to discuss their political view points. Consider if discussion of certain social media posts will cause you to violate the politics policy BEFORE you hit the "Submit Reply" button.

We may all agree that David Rodriques is quite unfortunate looking, but let's refrain from comparing human beings to apes, its got way too much of a loaded history- please review the new Inclusion Policy updated May 1, 2022 , which details guidelines around discussing body type, capabilities, physical appearance etc. Additionally, using body size as an insult is not allowed.

• Start Topic

I check Erin Bates instagram every now and then.  She and Chad post very appropriate pictures and the most beautiful captions.  I know they are the same Gothardites as the Duggars, but, they are so much more likable!! 

• Love 4

Halloween is approaching and I hope we are treated by another David Waller  Halloween story.  The last one was great with Greek Goddesses and handing out bible tracts with candy.  Saving the poor children dressed like demons.  I hope he doesn't let us down. 

789833_halloween-king-of-the-hill-hank-h

halloween-king-of-the-hill-hank-hill-s2-

• Love 8

Why would clothes matter when the lights are off in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation?

I just figured he drops off a bottle of special sauce through a hole in the wall.

• Love 7

It was OK with winsome little David loves Priscilla when the Duggars dressed up like pirates for free donuts.  Please, please, please let pirates come to his door this Halloween.

Krispy Kreme is having another dress up promotion for Halloween. Please, please, please let TFDW be a part of that! 

• Love 3

I was under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that these people weren't exactly the Halloween-celebrating type.  I can see them going to Trunk-or-Treat events (because hey, free food), but I can't see them going house to house.  Also, I don't see them giving out candy.  Small publicity shots of themselves, yes, but not candy.

• Love 2

Krispy Kreme is having another dress up promotion for Halloween. Please, please, please let TFDW be a part of that! 

Free donuts we have a shot at it coming true.

I was under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that these people weren't exactly the Halloween-celebrating type.  I can see them going to Trunk-or-Treat events (because hey, free food), but I can't see them going house to house.  Also, I don't see them giving out candy.  Small publicity shots of themselves, yes, but not candy.

David loves Priscilla gives out candy with bible tracts and miraculously converts all of the little 'demons'.

• Love 3

Maybe they are? We are in fundie-land after all, you never know.

Isn't there a bible verse stoping them from that? Oh wait, they don't read the bible, just wisdom booklets loosely based on something that sort of came from the bible.

• Love 3

It was OK with winsome little David loves Priscilla when the Duggars dressed up like pirates for free donuts.  Please, please, please let pirates come to his door this Halloween.

I hope it's not just any pirate but a young woman from the neighborhood dressed as a sexy pirate (eh, or maybe a young man dressed as a sexy pirate).

• Love 5

Two more days until a possible David loves Priscilla(he's trying to convince himself) Halloween tale about how he magically converts the little trick or treating demons that come to his door!  Can't wait.  

You mean from homosexuals to heterosexuals, right?

• Love 6

Two more days until a possible David loves Priscilla(he's trying to convince himself) Halloween tale about how he magically converts the little trick or treating demons that come to his door!  Can't wait.  

This year it'll include his winsome first born realizing he is a sinner at age 2.

• Love 6

I just hope he describes his younger self as winsome again. That word says so much!

• Love 5

In the meantime while we await a possible update to winsome David's blog, we have these words of wisdom from Priscilla and her take on why leaves change. Reflections by Priscilla.  She appears to be hearing voices. 47 seconds of religious insanity.

http://davidlovespriscilla.com/2012/10/03/happy-fall/

The more dead you are to yourself the more beautiful you are is what God told Priscilla.  Be dead to your plans and visions and yourself and you will be more beautiful.  Like the beautiful dead leaves.

• Love 5

In the meantime while we await a possible update to winsome David's blog, we have these words of wisdom from Priscilla and her take on why leaves change. Reflections by Priscilla.  She appears to be hearing voices. 47 seconds of religious insanity.

The more dead you are to yourself the more beautiful you are is what God told Priscilla.  Be dead to your plans and visions and yourself and you will be more beautiful.  Like the beautiful dead leaves.

Did you read the comments? She is an inspiration? Yikes I'm afraid for the future of women.

• Love 4

Did anyone see the picture of Bradley Bates first birthday (Oct. 29th)? Totally Pinterest inspired.

What a happy gorgeous baby!

Bradley is one good-looking kid. I'm so happy Zach ended up with Whitney instead of boring ass Sara Reith. They're such a cute little family.

• Love 2

Did you read the comments? She is an inspiration? Yikes I'm afraid for the future of women.

Oh the comments.  I was trying to purpose to not read them but after becoming dead to my own desires and plans I read them with much distress.  There is one from a Katie that says something about how Priscilla doesn't need to die to her own plans.  I'll only remember that one.

I feel bad for Pris. A lifetime of this BS will mess anyone up, especially a vulnerable type like her.

I know I feel bad for her yet she's going around purposing to make everyone she can think like she does.  So at this point the sympathy I have for her goes out to those she comes in contact with.

• Love 6

I don't say this in a mean way, but I think Priscilla has some developmental delays that either went undiagnosed or were never treated properly. When she speaks she seems to be just parroting phrases that have been drilled into her head since birth. I don't think she really understands what she's saying or came up with any of it on her own.

• Love 8

I don't say this in a mean way, but I think Priscilla has some developmental delays that either went undiagnosed or were never treated properly. When she speaks she seems to be just parroting phrases that have been drilled into her head since birth. I don't think she really understands what she's saying or came up with any of it on her own.

I think it's her delusions and hearing voices that is undiagnosed.  I get what you're saying, she seems to lack some key brain functions like being able to determine what is real or not but I think she may have a mental illness.  Perhaps combined with some developmental problems as well.

• Love 4

In the meantime while we await a possible update to winsome David's blog, we have these words of wisdom from Priscilla and her take on why leaves change. Reflections by Priscilla. She appears to be hearing voices. 47 seconds of religious insanity.

The more dead you are to yourself the more beautiful you are is what God told Priscilla. Be dead to your plans and visions and yourself and you will be more beautiful. Like the beautiful dead leaves.

What in the everlovin......was that? At first I snickered but then felt terribly sad for her. What an awful way to live, being dead to yourself. Shame on her parents and all the adults that propagate this BS. Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 7

Bradley is one good-looking kid. I'm so happy Zach ended up with Whitney instead of boring ass Sara Reith. They're such a cute little family.

Let's add normal to the mix. Zach went against Gothard teachings and found his own mate and they kissed before marriage! *Gasp* Normal!

I can't get enough of their son!! He is so gorgeous! He really needs to be in modeling.

• Love 3

Halloween isn't just a typical holiday in my town it's an EVENT.  We're in the Guinness book of world records for the second largest Halloween Parade in the world.  That's right - the world.  Everything stops.  The main roads are blocked off the entire town from the police to the fire department get involved.  Trick or treating happens the day before Halloween so no one misses the Parade.  Decorations go up days in advance.  People reserve chairs on the route the day before.  It's really cool.  So I've got the trick or treaters about to come today.  

• Love 5

Bet you live in Toms River!  And yes, it is huge.  My sister still speaks of the year she marched in it

Yes I do.  I'm actually in walking distance to the parade route except my legs won't carry me that far and the parking is crowded so I probably won't be going to the parade although I've been to many and would usually find some stairs to sit on somewhere.  Lot's of fun.  It starts at 7:00PM tomorrow.  The kids love it.  Today I'm just hoping I don't have to make another candy run to the store like most years.  I've got about 75 pieces but that goes quickly.

Yes I do.  I'm actually in walking distance to the parade route except my legs won't carry me that far and the parking is crowded so I probably won't be going to the parade although I've been to many and would usually find some stairs to sit on somewhere.  Lot's of fun.  It starts at 7:00PM tomorrow.  The kids love it.  Today I'm just hoping I don't have to make another candy run to the store like most years.  I've got about 75 pieces but that goes quickly.

Hey I did some dancing at the Stone Pony in my younger years. If you see Bruce give him a hug and tell him I've been waiting for 30 years to strap my hand cross his engine.

• Love 5

What in the everlovin......was that? At first I snickered but then felt terribly sad for her. What an awful way to live, being dead to yourself. Shame on her parents and all the adults that propagate this BS.

So true.  A Funeral for Leaves.  I'll never think of fall the same way again.

• Love 2

So I was just looking at Alyssa Bates' Instagram and people are giving this poor girl shit AGAIN because she posted a picture where she's wearing jeans. These people act like she walks around with her T&A hanging out a la Kylie Jenner. One poster even told her she needs to reread the Bible passages regarding modesty. I don't understand why they have such a hard-on for this girl.

• Love 7

So I was just looking at Alyssa Bates' Instagram and people are giving this poor girl shit AGAIN because she posted a picture where she's wearing jeans. These people act like she walks around with her T&A hanging out a la Kylie Jenner. One poster even told her she needs to reread the Bible passages regarding modesty. I don't understand why they have such a hard-on for this girl.

Oh, my God, those people are INSANE ! She's wearing jeans - just normal ole jeans, with a sweater and boots, and they're all behaving like it's a thong and tassel pasties ! What is it with the frumper-humpers and the rush to judge anyone who isn't wearing eight layers underneath a giant mumu ?!

Maybe THEY need to read the Bible passages where Jesus was, uh... NICE to everyone, including prostitutes, criminals, and lepers. Sheesh. 

• Love 13

It's a cold rainy dreadful day in Chicago today. Poor little trick or treaters won't be able to go to TFDW's to pick up their candy and tracks. I'm heartbroken for them.

That's making me wonder now if his post-Halloween personal essay will include the word "wistful" in addition to "winsome"...  ;)

You have to hand it to the guy, though - he has an infinitely better vocabulary than your average leghumper. Credit where credit is due and all that, even if he is a cog in the monster machine that is Gothard.

But Priscilla ? Jesus, that girl gives me the willies ! Can't put my finger on it, but something about her makes me feel like she'd still be all sing-songy calm, making those weird faces and squinting while she was stabbing me to death. 

• Love 11

In the meantime while we await a possible update to winsome David's blog, we have these words of wisdom from Priscilla and her take on why leaves change. Reflections by Priscilla. She appears to be hearing voices. 47 seconds of religious insanity.

The more dead you are to yourself the more beautiful you are is what God told Priscilla. Be dead to your plans and visions and yourself and you will be more beautiful. Like the beautiful dead leaves.

Sad and somewhat demented.

• Love 4

But Priscilla ? Jesus, that girl gives me the willies ! Can't put my finger on it, but something about her makes me feel like she'd still be all sing-songy calm, making those weird faces and squinting while she was stabbing me to death. 

Yep. See that type regularly on the ID channel. 

• Love 2

It's a cold rainy dreadful day in Chicago today. Poor little trick or treaters won't be able to go to TFDW's to pick up their candy and tracks. I'm heartbroken for them.

Damn it!

That's making me wonder now if his post-Halloween personal essay will include the word "wistful" in addition to "winsome"...  ;)

You have to hand it to the guy, though - he has an infinitely better vocabulary than your average leghumper. Credit where credit is due and all that, even if he is a cog in the monster machine that is Gothard.

Yeah I hear you, same feeling about Priscilla.  Happy fall now go die to yourself like the dead beautiful leaves having their funeral. 

• Love 4

All this talk of stabbing.  I'm on my third day of Halloween movies on AMC, I think.  They finally have the original with Jamie Lee Curtis on.  I saw the second one with her yesterday, and the Halloween II, III, IV, V, Resurrection, etc.  But there was one that showed Michael with his classmates and a sibling and a step-dad, and his mother that they never showed.  Maybe they cut from this first one.  It also showed him in hospital with the doctor trying to reach him somehow.  Gee in three days you'd think I'd run across it.  I even flipped to it during the World Series and while giving out candy.  I had the theme from Halloween playing loudly for the little dickens that arrived here to collect.  I looked around and couldn't find my dog.  He gave up and was on my bed, upset, probably because somebody set off a couple of cherry bombs a couple of blocks away.  

• Love 1

Yes! Because stabbing someone to death is really only helping them become 'dead to the self', and, therefore, it's merely HELPING that person become more beautiful to God. You know, like the beautiful dead leaves.

The logic of Priscilla is downright dangerous.

• Love 1

I assume it was obvious Pricilla was slow and had issues as soon as she could talk,it seems to be a fundie trait to sweep things like this under the rug,to have her go to endless medical observations and appontments would have been a serious NO NO,imagine all the devil nurses and sinners she would meet.

I know its shallow and maybe irrelevant but for anyone who hasnt seen the Keller father "Mike",just google him........thats all

Edited by kandinski
  • Love 5

David and Priscilla and all these offspring of the cultists are damaged, and I suppose that the slightly different ways they're behaving as young adults result from their different underlying natures and how the damage interacts with those. 

If this were the wizarding world we'd say they had been put under the unforgivable Imperius Curse, which is even more unforgivable when it's done to young children, since they have almost no way to defend themselves against it. Gothard, JIm Bob Duggar and the like are all little Voldemorts, not only authorizing willy nilly use of Imperio! but downright calling it a necessity to use it on everybody you can get your hands on to further your own incredibly selfish ends. Jessa's smugness and Jill's stupid smile and David's and Priscilla's various shades of zombieness -- all marks of that happy (while hideous) trance people are in when they've been robbed of their own individualities and personhoods by the disgusting curse.

The destruction of children in the name of Jesus. Pretty much the height of unforgivable, I'd say.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14