Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Bait

I missed the last couple of episodes, but seriously?  That's what this show has devolved to?  Margeaux attempting to get revenge?  Amateur hour.  Like watching a kindergartner trying to run a corporation. 

• Love 7

Agreed.  At least Emily treated her like a kindergartner.  Haven't seen her gloat like that in a while.  Although why she didn't jump when Jack handed her the seaglass is beyond me... I hope this is the final season.  Gina Torres elevates this dreck as much as she can but she's not a miracle worker.

• Love 4

Okay, show. You got me. I'm officially a Louise fan. I tend to stay away from getting attached to new characters on Revenge because the show ends up fucking them up. Hell, they do it to the established characters too. And the last new character I gave a chance was Margeaux and yea we see what happened there. But I am officially on the Louise train and enjoyed her being part of the team. I especially liked the last scene with her and Nolan. Awwwwww. Well, played, show. Well played.

Speaking of Margeaux, I am so over her now. And I freakin loved Emily owning her because shes acting like an idiot. But as much as I enjoyed Emily gloating about outsmarting her, I know the show's gonna make her regret it. Sigh.

I am here for Victoria vs Natalie. I love me some Gina Torres so I'm going to need Natalie to back away slowly from crazy David. But I do like Victoria teaming with Louise's brother. That poor boy has no idea what he's in for.

All in all, a decent episode but I'm still praying that this is the last season.

• Love 5

I loved the episode (yes, I've missed it so much).  I loved Emily's take down of Margaux.  I truly can't stand her but I do look forward to seeing what hairstyle she will have next.  I've never been a Victoria fan, but, damn, if she isn't hitting her stride.  I like her better now that she isn't going after Emily.  I don't know what's up with David and Natalie.  I don't know Gina Torres from Adam, but I am rooting for Victoria in that match up.

I loved Louise teaming up with Emily and Nolan!  Please let her be just what she seems to be.  No more surprises for Nolan.

I hope the red sharpie really is back next week and they are not just teasing.

• Love 2

I have missed this show. I was happy to have it back and enjoyed the episode. I can't stand Margot so I did enjoy the crazy gang getting the best of her. But... it won't be that easy. Louise and Nolan are enjoyable. They compliment each other. Natalie and David getting friendly could be interesting.

• Love 3

Wow, loved Louise's Italy dress, that girl knows how to make an entrance - and a pout. Glad she was included and didn't mess it up.

I spend at least half of every show - especially when the dumb as a rock David Clarke is onscreen - thinking, Gosh I wish Conrad were here, gosh I wish Conrad were here. It sucks. 

Margo is looking aged big time for a two season run.  Very harsh look on her tonite.  And OMG - it was like taking candy from a baby.  LOL

I was kind of wtf?! when Victoria started bawling but again, OMG - amazed that she could pull that off with a face that doesn't move at all.  WOW, impressive on MS's part.

I don't know who new woman is but I hate her and her "I was giving you a chance" bs...so now I'ma gonna steal all your inheritance and screw your man too.  Sheesh.

Besides I do believe we've seen Grandfather Grayson and he did indeed have a soft spot for Vicky. 

I think when Emily told Jack it was messy it was in large part because she can't marry "Amanda's" husband....but that'd indicate she has a conscience so I'm only a little bit on that theory.  Probably she'd just rather have sex with someone taller.

• Love 4

I - I liked it. This is shocking for me to say since I've given up all hope for this show but this episode wasn't completely terrible. I liked Jack again which has been hard for the to say all season. I liked Nolan and Louise. I liked Emanda making Margaux look stupid. Even David was palatable but I think being in Gina Torres' presence might have something to do with that. Ben was used in small doses.

That was actually halfway decent so yay?

• Love 4

I'm a little worried about Louise being in on the revenge plan. I know she's no longer taking the crazy pills, but I'm not sure she has the mental strength for the kinds of stunts Emily and Nolan tend to pull. I hope Nolan didn't tell her the whole story.

I loved the look on Victoria's face when she was told that all she was getting was the two dogs. Oh, and their Burberry dog beds.

Margaux is not nearly the match for Emily that Victoria was, so having her fall on her face wasn't that fun to watch. I think it's time to wrap things up.

• Love 2

That jacket Margaux was wearing was really weird.  Long in front, short in the back?  Is that a thing?

TeamEmily needs to take Margaux down permanently.  I hope that's what next week's red sharpie is all about.  But so long as the baby isn't harmed...

I kind of like Lyman, he really didn't seem to be too involved in his mother's plot against Louise, so I hope he isn't really dirty, just opportunistic.  Maybe he and Nolan can hook up.

• Love 3

It's past time to wrap this show up. 3 out of 4 Graysons are out of the picture (apparently Grampa Grayson too, who managed to get Charlotte back on drugs) and Emily lost everything but her father. If the show continues, they need a semi-clean break. Keep the Ellis family and Nolan, possibly Jack and send the rest to NYC.

While I was very happy to finally see Emily take someone down, & was happy that it was Margaux, who I hate, how could they possibly know she was going to wear that ugly, doesn't-go-with-anything-she's-wearing, cheap looking, craft bead bracelet? Did they sabotage all her jewelry?

I am not interested in Natalie at all. They're just manufacturing crap, & it makes no sense.

I think the CGI people were fucking with us during the scene on the beach where Jack and David were talking. In the ocean in the background, you could clearly see two shark fins swimming about, and then a man standing in the surf. He disappeared. Did he get eaten?

• Love 9

I can't believe how monumentally better Season 4B is than 4A.

Revenge is giving me everything I've been asking for- not one but two ongoing female conflicts (Victoria vs Natalie, Emily vs Margaux), all the supporting characters like Louise and Ben playing important roles in the conflict, a renewed focus on the Hamptons setting (the beach club, the new boat) and more badass spy plans from Emily. Oh, and Jack gets to be a hot bartender again.

Nearly every scene in this episode was viscerally enjoyable so I hope the writers keep it up and we don't get anything near the mess that was Malcolm Black again.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was surprised that I liked this episode as much as I did, mostly because this season has been absolute shit. Loved Emily blocking Margaux's plan to take her down. I am just so tired of the smug self righteous look on Margaux's face these days. Besides, she was willing to publicly humiliate Jack just to get back at Emily. Bye bitch!

Simone better watch her back. If Nolan and Emily find out that she was playing them, I hope they take her down too. No one messes with Nolan, damn it!

On a shallow note, I liked Natalie's ombre dress (and this is coming from someone who usually hates anything resembling a bandage dress). It was hilarious to see Victoria's reaction to learning that she inherited two dogs (and incontinent dogs at that!).

Although I'm a huge Jossverse fan, I never totally warmed to Gina Torres. I can take her or leave her. Maybe it's because I hated her Jasmine storyline on Angel so much. I'm still neutral on Natalie as a character, but as a nemesis for Victoria, she will do. Agreed that at least this isn't Malcolm Black levels of stupidity (yet).

After David and Jack talked on the beach about David fixing up the beach house and Jack fixing up the boat, I was certain that David wanted Edward's boat for Jack but nope! David is keeping the boat to work on himself. I guess it is a grant soap opera tradition that at least one person on the show has to have a boat (Bo Brady, I'm looking at you and Fancy Face!).

I feel like next we will see Emily telling Nolan that the reason she turned down Jack is that she wants to keep him safe followed by more yearning and looks.

I'm a little worried about Louise being in on the revenge plan. I know she's no longer taking the crazy pills, but I'm not sure she has the mental strength for the kinds of stunts Emily and Nolan tend to pull. I hope Nolan didn't tell her the whole story.

ITA - I know that Nolan likes her but what he and Emily do is a HUGE secret and you can't just go around telling your fake wife (okay, fine, they're legally married but whatever) about all the crazy shit that they do. I understand that he didn't want her to feel left out and rejected but all he had to do was tell her that Emily needed his help with something and that they could leave for Italy the next day. Louise knows that Emily is his best friend so surely she would have accepted that explanation more easily (and with less pouting) than his vague "Uhhh, something came up so why don't you just go without me?" suggestion.

That jacket Margaux was wearing was really weird.  Long in front, short in the back?  Is that a thing?

A reverse mullet jacket! It looked so terrible from the back because you could see the weird half circle cut out which made it look like she had material hanging on either side of her hip. Ugly.

I feel like this show is getting really soapy now with all the different partnerships/friendships and enemies becoming entangled. But I can't complain because this episode amused me. Victoria sitting there calmly sipping her drink and making comments like, "Of course! You were poor!" cracked me up.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 3

Apparently it's more important to leave a loose thread waving around for future plot twists than it is to finally just let Emily and Jack be together.  Seriously, there can't be any other reason to leave these two hanging, can there?  Other than to keep Ben around for random sex scenes?

Love Gina Torres, love the setup of her vs Victoria.

ITA - I know that Nolan likes her but what he and Emily do is a HUGE secret and you can't just go around telling your fake wife (okay, fine, they're legally married but whatever) about all the crazy shit that they do.

Keep in mind Louise already knew what they are capable of - they already discovered Louise's mom was drugging her and recovered the memory of Louise's mom killing her dad. It wasn't like Louise was completely in the dark. 

While I was very happy to finally see Emily take someone down, & was happy that it was Margaux, who I hate, how could they possibly know she was going to wear that ugly, doesn't-go-with-anything-she's-wearing, cheap looking, craft bead bracelet? Did they sabotage all her jewelry?

Lol. No, they were counting on Margaux having a bit of a soft spot still for Jack's son, which she did.  It's not crazy to think that she would, seeing as how she was dating Jack pretty seriously when Carl was teeny tiny and cute. 

All that said, suspension of disbelief is required for this show… including the idea that the patriarch Grayson would give his son's ex-wife some inheritance when he has a granddaughter and great grandson he could give the money too.  Weird that Charlotte would get nothing. 

• Love 1

Weird that Charlotte would get nothing.

I assumed Charlotte got nothing because she's David's daughter and therefore not Edward's biological granddaughter (although you'd think that if he left something, even his dogs, to Victoria, he would leave something for Charlotte, even if it was just a small personal item). As for the great grandson, Edward hadn't spoken to Victoria for several months so he didn't know that Margaux is pregnant.

I think when Emily told Jack it was messy it was in large part because she can't marry "Amanda's" husband....but that'd indicate she has a conscience so I'm only a little bit on that theory.  Probably she'd just rather have sex with someone taller.

Man, the orange crates were getting a work out in that scene... suddenly they were face to face at the same height, when we know she's a giantess and he's itty bitty.

• Love 3

This show. Sigh. Are we supposed to be rooting for Margaux? Because we are most certainly are NOT. She has become the most unlikable character on this show, which is quite a feat. Victoria is more warm and fuzzy that this hate-filled stupid-haired ninny. I feel sorry for her baby being raised by her. 

I am also liking Louise joining the Scooby-almost-legal-hijinks gang. Gives her something to do beside lay at the pool drinking.

It looks like Ben has a secret. Yawn.

Louise's brother is helping Vickie get her inheritance. Yawn. I just don't care if she is rich or not, but I loved her snark with Natalie.

Either Jack and Emily get together or he leaves the show. He has no purpose now.

For David wanting to bond with his daughter, he really doesn't spend much (any) time with her. Are they bonding telepathically?

• Love 2
Speaking of Margeaux, I am so over her now. And I freakin loved Emily owning her because shes acting like an idiot. But as much as I enjoyed Emily gloating about outsmarting her, I know the show's gonna make her regret it. Sigh.

I totally fear this. I dislike Margeaux and was glad she got her due. 

This show. Sigh. Are we supposed to be rooting for Margaux? Because we are most certainly are NOT. She has become the most unlikable character on this show, which is quite a feat.

The sad part is that in some respects she has a point. Emily has done some terrible things (to mostly terrible people admittedly). BUT the things Margeaux is mad about aren't really Emily's fault. (I suppose you could argue that none of this would have happened if Emily hadn't come onto the scene, but then Margeaux may never have met Daniel and been expecting the 2nd coming).  If she were just self-righteous on the correct things, I might like her more. But right now she just comes off as jealous, petulant child. Ultimately Daniel loved Emily more than her and died for Emily and that's what bugs her the most. 

• Love 8

I have never seen Gina Torres in anything else, but I can't stand her as Natalie.  And for anyone who was questioning why Grandpa Grayson didn't leave money to anyone else, I think because the will really is fake or it was done under extreme  coercion.  He did have a soft spot for Vicky, and him leaving her two incontinent dogs smacks more of Natalie being malicious.  I don't buy her goody two shoes acts of giving all that stuff away.  Like a boat, and to David Clarke, of course.  Yeah, there isn't more to that, is there?  I'm going to really enjoy watching Victoria take her down!

(edited)

The problem I have with Natalie is the same problem I have with every other baddie in Revenge. The pop up out of nowhere, spin their web, then vanish without a trace or a mention a few episodes later. See: Malcolm Black, white-haired man, Initiative woman, Victoria's other son (the guy from Passions), Margeaux's brother, Stevie, the guys who burnt down the Stowaway, Louise's mother and brother, Padma, the guy at the beginning of this season who screwed over Nolan, and so on. It's the worst narrative crutch of the entire series. You know that there will be no long term consequences to their arc because there never are, hence it becomes a predictable formula that is barely worth watching.

Edited by DB in CMH
  • Love 6
(edited)

I thought this was a great episode.

Loved Team Emily outsmarting Margaux, but Emily really better watch the gloating.

I'm surprised Jack was willing to play Margaux.

I am always worried Louise will get in the way of the Nolan-Emily relationship, but so far she hasn't and, gosh darn it, the show is making me like her.

I like Victoria teaming up with Lyman. He's interesting and I get a kick out of how the show makes all the characters interconnected.

I do wish David and Emily had something together this episode, seeing as the past 3 years were in his honor.

Finally, I really don't get why Emily "can't" with Jack. She really needs to give a better explanation since I don't believe she would be in love with Ben. I've never rooted for Jemily to be endgame, but since that's what the show seems to be headed, let's get on with it then. There are plenty of threats and obstacles to be had moving forward.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1
As for the great grandson, Edward hadn't spoken to Victoria for several months so he didn't know that Margaux is pregnant.

But you would have thought he did leave something to Daniel and hadn't gotten around to changing the will yet (it hasn't been that long, right)? Only a few weeks?

Finally, I really don't get why Emily "can't" with Jack.

Same here.  Is she really just not that into him or is there something she thinks is keeping them apart.  Because I can't think of any reason they shouldn't be together if that's what they both want.

(edited)

I had the same reaction to the gloating.  I cannot accept Margeaux taking on Emily and even winning minor battles, let alone a war.  But I'm a bit hopeful that the writers are playing with us a bit.  The way "Mission Em-Possible" was staged and edited, it was clear that we were supposed to freak for a moment that Emily and Nolan took the bait.  So they may just be jerking the audience around a bit with false set ups, i.e. dramatic irony tropes have taught us to see this as hubris, but Emily is actually that fucking bad ass.

Finally, I really don't get why Emily "can't" with Jack. She really needs to give a better explanation since I don't believe she would be in love with Ben. I've never rooted for Jemily to be endgame, but since that's what the show seems to be headed, let's get on with it then. There are plenty of threats and obstacles to be had moving forward.

I cannot tell where they intend to go with this.  My take on her statement that she couldn't with Jack was that it was sort of everything. She couldn't deal with the epic ton of baggage, she's not entirely recovered from Aiden's death and a relatively simple relationship with Ben, for whom her feelings are not that serious and/or (probably and) not at all complex, is all she can handle, etc.  But that still could go either way.  It doesn't strike me as contrived so much as actually kinda makes sense.  I have never liked the idea of Jack and Emily together, so I hope it was a "There will always be too much water under that bridge" in stead of a "Not yet."

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

A reverse mullet jacket! It looked so terrible from the back because you could see the weird half circle cut out which made it look like she had material hanging on either side of her hip. Ugly.

And what's more, it was one of Ashley's cast-offs!

http://wornontv.net/9320/

• Love 1

I was sceptical at first, but I have to say that I really enjoyed this episode. It's true that it got all really soapy lately, but this episode reminded me of the good old days of Revenge.

I was a 100% sure that Emily would reject Jack after seeing the promo, did anyone else recognize that the red dress they made us believe Emily was in in the promo wasn't even in this episode at all by the way :). But obviously it hit herself more then she expected, so i guess this was not the end of the story.

I'm beginning to really like Louise though.

So good episode. Of course, still with a major plothole as usual, because the bracelet was a really lousy plan after all, they were just lucky. What if Margaux would have put it off for some reason, or never would have put it on. And if that was the plan, what was the point of Emily sneaking in at all, just for the show-off? And most importantly, if this videotape was so important to Margaux to destroy Emily, and she knew they where coming for it, everbody with at least some brains left would have saved it on at least 5 different external hard drives and USB-Sticks in 3 different safe deposit boxes. How do they know she hasn't done that? I mean really, I was sitting there waiting for Margaux to pull an USB-Stick out of her pocket, saying "really? you think I'm that stupid??".^^

But besides that I felt well entertained, can't wait for next week.

• Love 1

This was a great episode, wasn't it?

Victoria and Natalie's rivalry with the inclusion of Lymon is a lot more interesting than i expected it to be. It's hard to tell where they're going with Natalie but I'm definitely interested. She even made David a little more interesting too.

Emily vs. Margaux certainly had it's moments in this episode. I like Margaux but she's a lame antagonist, even if she managed to get Ben nervous by finding his ex-wife though.

Emily rejecting Jack seems like something they'll rectify during the finale though. It was more frustrating than heartbreaking that scene.

I like Nolan and Louise working together and I do think they have a decent connection with each other as well.

Overall, I really liked this one, 8/10

The episode was interesting enough and I liked having Louise included in the schema.  I really enjoyed her showing up with the cops drawing their guns - nice pleasant surprise.  I just wish they have a better actor for Ben character, he can't act :(

Mr. EB isn't from Chicago (in fact, he's never even visited the state of Illinois) but he is a huge Cubs fan so I found that more believable than Margaux's ugly Ashley castoffs!

Being a sports fan is a weird thing. Sometimes loyalties are just completely without rhyme or reason. Maybe David's dad was a fan or he went to college in Chicago or he just likes bear cubs (or underdogs!) or the team colors.

They really are going to wait until the end to get Emily and Jack together. It's so frustrating.

I love Louise. I hope she stays good and doesn't turn on Nolan like everyone else has in his past.

I'm team Natalie all the way. I hope Victoria doesn't come out on top. She was ready to spend her father in law's money without caring that he died. I'm tired of her crap.

I'm team Natalie all the way. I hope Victoria doesn't come out on top. She was ready to spend her father in law's money without caring that he died. I'm tired of her crap.

Both Natalie and Victoria are money grubbing opportunists.  Natalie might get the better of Victoria for an episode or two (how long can they drag it out) but eventually Victoria will win.  She is the main star of the show. 

Apparently it's more important to leave a loose thread waving around for future plot twists than it is to finally just let Emily and Jack be together.  Seriously, there can't be any other reason to leave these two hanging, can there?  Other than to keep Ben around for random sex scenes?

Love Gina Torres, love the setup of her vs Victoria.

In regards to Jack and Emily that scene at the end had similar elements to a scene in the Season Premiere of another show I watch Arrow where Oliver tells Felicity that he can't be with her. Both Emily and Oliver feel they are too screwed up to be with Jack and Felicity