Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

I'm probably one of the only people that completely adores Sam. I think she's gorgeous and has only gotten prettier over the years. 

Another reminder: Do not tell other posters what they can or cannot discuss on here. If you do not care for the discussion then the mods suggest using the ignore feature. Posters who tell others what can or cannot be talk about on here will have their posts hidden. Try to be civil and respectful when it comes to your fellow posters. Thank you.

I have an endocrinologist. She went to Tufts and Brown. She told me *some patients with Graves *can gain weight. It does happen to some patients with hypER. Your appetite is out of control and you are on thryoid suppressant therapy (typically tapazole). 

Likewise some patients with hyPO lose weight due to thyroid stimulation with synthetic thyroid hormone replacement (typically synthroid). 

I legitimately thought I remembered Kelli having a thyroid problem. Sorry.

Edited by RedDelicious

I love that Sam is friends with Holly.  It must be very hard to move to Dallas at such a young age.  Sam will know the area and help Holly get to know Dallas, which is fun, mostly shopping & eating though.  I am sure they dance, sing, and carry on all the time together, just like any 18 year olds would do.  I have seen a few recent pics of Sam and she could become a DCC...Most of the casual pics are with absolutely no makeup and I am sure she can be DCC'd in that heavy makeup and hair routine, after college and maturing (looks wise) some more.  Probably the only time a lady wants to mature faster...to make the DCC team!  I hope they enjoy every moment because all of a sudden they will be in their 30's.  I hope Holly keeps being the best!  Love her spunk!

• Love 4

If Sam tries out, I feel like she'll be in her early 20's and after college. She seems so serious about her studies, and A&M is nowhere near Dallas.  Not possible to do both at once.  I can't imagine her transferring to cheer, and whoknows where her interests might lie once she graduates. She's 18 and has the world in front of her. Maybe she'll explore the business side during internships and such. 

• Love 2

Yes. It pretty much is how dance operates. Zero backstage privacy and a whole lot more manhandlkng than Kelli or Kitty do. Costume changes come fast and furious, so modesty goes out the window pretty quickly. Dressers and costumes especially see you as a body that needs to fit a costume and that's about it.

• Love 4
On 7/17/2016 at 2:56 PM, dalgal214 said:

She just says what people are thinking!

That's probably what I dislike most about her.  One of my pet peeves is people who explain away their rudeness with the "I'm only saying what other people are thinking" excuse.  As the saying goes, some things are better left unsaid.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

That's probably what I dislike most about her.  One of my pet peeves is people who explain away their rudeness with the "I'm only saying what other people are thinking" excuse.  As the saying goes, some things are better left unsaid.

I totally agree in general!! but not in the pro dance world.  They are paid to tell girls the hard stuff and the girls are aware of that; if it hurts their feelings they should pursue another field of interest. They need rough feedback sometimes to truly improve.  Kelsey, who Kitty called 'stripperish', says they all appreciate Kitty for being so upfront because it always helps and that for the most part, she is an awesome person who is hard on the people she sees potential in. 

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:25 AM, kalibean said:

If Sam tries out, I feel like she'll be in her early 20's and after college. She seems so serious about her studies, and A&M is nowhere near Dallas.  Not possible to do both at once.  I can't imagine her transferring to cheer, and whoknows where her interests might lie once she graduates. She's 18 and has the world in front of her. Maybe she'll explore the business side during internships and such. 

yeah I agree with you ... I think college is her main focus or at least that's the way it seems.  Exploring the business side is smart idea ... she should totally take advantage of the fact that her mom can pull strings.  Not everyone has that ... #privilege

• Love 2

I personally don't think Cassie was an anomaly, especially since there are other judges on there, even though their votes might not count as much.  They're not going to want to piss Judy off by saying "no" to her daughter.  There was a spot on that squad for Cassie as long as she wanted it, no matter how badly she messed up.  In fact, she messed up pretty badly her first year and, if she'd been anyone but who she was, she wouldn't have made it past that specific round (semi's, I think).  There's also Charlotte to consider.  She might have considered it a favor to Judy that Cassie was on as long as she was.  There was just too much going both for and against her for there not to be some behind the scenes stuff happening there.  I also think the same will go for Sam should she want to try out.  There would be a spot for her on the squad as long as she wanted it.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2

A little part of me wants to think MTT is so big now that they wouldnt get away with having an under par DCC for 5 years.

so if Sam isn't a good dancer, maybe they'll get away with it for 1/2 years? I've never actually seen Sam dance though.. Anyone know where I can find any vids please? 

I mean I personally think Kalina Jnr (cannot for the life of me remember her name) would have a good shot at getting in to TCC by herself, because she's a good dancer and the Mother-Daughter connection with being a DCC would be a good storyline for CMT, especially as Tina has featured on the show before. It wouldnt be as blatant favouritism as Cassies case because Kalina can actually dance to start with. 

• Love 1

I have a trainer (in showing my dog as an amateur)  If she isn't blatantly clear with me I don't seem to recall the correction when I need to remember the most.  One time she took me by the shoulders and said "this is what you are doing" and "this is what you need to do."  I got it after that, especially when she told me I walked like a drunk sailor.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BritFan said:

^^ hmmm...

lol ... that says it all BritFan

37 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Obviously a small clip but I don't see a future DCC there.

Agreed ... which would really annoy me if she managed to make it to DCC (as she is now).  I would hope and would think Kelli would be reasonable enough to gently tell Sam she needs to up her dance lessons and also eat healthier / get leaner if she wanted to try out in a couple years.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

lol ... that says it all BritFan

Agreed ... which would really annoy me if she managed to make it to DCC (as she is now).  I would hope and would think Kelli would be reasonable enough to gently tell Sam she needs to up her dance lessons and also eat healthier / get leaner if she wanted to try out in a couple years.

Sam looks like your typical college freshman. Cute, but Plain, not a glamazon. There's nothing wrong with that..... She's obviously smart. Go with that, Sam. It will get you so much further than DCC. Besides that, it doesn't look like she can dance?!

• Love 5

I think it's interesting that it is assumed that 1. Sam wants to be a DCC, and 2. that she isn't aware that to be a DCC she would need to be leaner and work on her dance skills. Maybe she wants to be a DCC one day, maybe she doesn't. I don't think Sam is stupid, so I think she probably knows what she would need to do if she intends to be on the team one day. I'm reserving judgment on all of these things until she actually shows up to auditions unprepared. Until that happens, I'll just assume that she's not dense and she'll do her homework.

• Love 5

I always assumed that she did want to be a DCC because she's always been in close proximity to the organization and she's left a lot of comments on her buddies' pages about "when we're on the team together" and "can't wait to share the field with you". She'll probably wait until after college, yeah, but something tells me she'll definitely do at least a year after college just to say she did and get that sweet legacy treatment.

19 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Sam looks like your typical college freshman. Cute, but Plain, not a glamazon. There's nothing wrong with that..... She's obviously smart. Go with that, Sam. It will get you so much further than DCC. Besides that, it doesn't look like she can dance?!

Totally nothing wrong with plain - I'm about as plain as it gets.  She totally looks like a "normal" college girl and very cute / bubbly.  She just doesn't look DCC yet (which is fine cause she's not trying out yet).  In spite of the weird "I'm going to an ivy league and all these schools want me" social media display, I still assume she's smart and ambitious to be valedictorian of her high school!  Hope she has an amazing experience in college.  It's so interesting the different paths people take.  Her experience is very different from that of Holly's and they're of similar ages

• Love 1
1 hour ago, KellyAnn3 said:

I always assumed that she did want to be a DCC because she's always been in close proximity to the organization and she's left a lot of comments on her buddies' pages about "when we're on the team together" and "can't wait to share the field with you". She'll probably wait until after college, yeah, but something tells me she'll definitely do at least a year after college just to say she did and get that sweet legacy treatment.

True, there have been posts like that. But like I said, if she doesn't change her mind and decides to audition at some point, I don't want to assume she wouldn't do her best to get in shape and take some dance classes. We'll just have to wait and see.

In my opinion if you dont have a rockin body at 18 you're in trouble. Your metabolism is never going to be as fast as it is now... yes she can get crazy and lose weight but she's obviously not naturally thin or in shape.  

• Love 3
On 8/7/2016 at 11:37 AM, RazzleberryPie said:

Well get ready because I fully expect to see Sam in a uniform as soon as she finishes college.

Not to be mean towards her but if Sam is truly wanting to do that then she needs to improve her body type....Just saying. 

2 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Totally nothing wrong with plain - I'm about as plain as it gets.  She totally looks like a "normal" college girl and very cute / bubbly.  She just doesn't look DCC yet (which is fine cause she's not trying out yet).  In spite of the weird "I'm going to an ivy league and all these schools want me" social media display, I still assume she's smart and ambitious to be valedictorian of her high school!  Hope she has an amazing experience in college.  It's so interesting the different paths people take.  Her experience is very different from that of Holly's and they're of similar ages

Ok, will put myself out and tell you that the girls that lived in the townhouse between myself and the man I would one day meet and marry, told him that a homely girl had moved in next door.  I realized that even if I was a size 4 or 6, I would never be even pretty plus have RBF so worked on trying to be beautiful on the inside.   Clearly he saw something have we have been married 35 years so plain is ok.  Someone has to be plain to make the others glamorous!

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Ok, will put myself out and tell you that the girls that lived in the townhouse between myself and the man I would one day meet and marry, told him that a homely girl had moved in next door.  I realized that even if I was a size 4 or 6, I would never be even pretty plus have RBF so worked on trying to be beautiful on the inside.   Clearly he saw something have we have been married 35 years so plain is ok.  Someone has to be plain to make the others glamorous!

Aaaaw ?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

In my opinion if you dont have a rockin body at 18 you're in trouble. Your metabolism is never going to be as fast as it is now... yes she can get crazy and lose weight but she's obviously not naturally thin or in shape.  

I looked better at 28 than 18 because I learned about fitness... How to feed my body to get really toned and lean. I was thin and cute at 18, but my body was rocking at 28. Plus some people lose the baby fat later. So, if Sam really wants to be a DCC someday, she has time to  get a DCC body. Most of the girls on the team aren't naturally thin or naturally in shape. No one is born toned. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Your post made me think of something.  I wonder what Kelli's figure was like when she was a DCC.  I know she's always had a gorgeous face but I wonder if she had the "skinny with big boobs" that she likes to see on the squad or if she was more curvy.  I don't think breast implants were as commonplace then as they are now. 

Kelli was tiny. Very thin. But with boobs!

1 hour ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Your post made me think of something.  I wonder what Kelli's figure was like when she was a DCC.  I know she's always had a gorgeous face but I wonder if she had the "skinny with big boobs" that she likes to see on the squad or if she was more curvy.  I don't think breast implants were as commonplace then as they are now. 

4-Kelli-McGonagill-Hottest-Dallas-Cowboy

3fc89d5e044d4c836dfd9d51d9715c25.jpg

• Love 3
1 hour ago, KellyAnn3 said:

4-Kelli-McGonagill-Hottest-Dallas-Cowboy

3fc89d5e044d4c836dfd9d51d9715c25.jpg

She is HAWT! I don't know whether it's just a good picture but those shorts actually look a bit more flattering that length?! 

And yeah it doesn't look like Sam can dance. But we all know that wasn't an issue with cassie so it probably won't matter. I can see her doing a couple years to get a DCC perspective then maybe taking over the business side of stuff from Kelli. 

Lol, well Kelli even said on the show once herself that the calendars from back then are "beautiful...but they're dated." Perfect description of that calendar pic above. The straw in her mouth is giving me fits of laughter. What a sexy farmer.

• Love 6

I feel like I jumped in my time machine and went back to the good old days!  Kelli is only a few years older than me, so that 80s hair is definitely something I cringe at now when I look at pics from back then. But, man, oh, man...did we think we were the s*** back then with our pouffy hair and mall bangs...LOL :p

• Love 5
10 hours ago, JC123 said:

She is HAWT! I don't know whether it's just a good picture but those shorts actually look a bit more flattering that length?! 

And yeah it doesn't look like Sam can dance. But we all know that wasn't an issue with cassie so it probably won't matter. I can see her doing a couple years to get a DCC perspective then maybe taking over the business side of stuff from Kelli. 

Totally agree with you about taking over the business side.  heck I would - what a great gig and all prepped up for me lol

The whole "taking over for Kelly " thing.  I'm not so sure that Kelli's job would just be passed on to Sam simply because she's Kelli's daughter.  It isn't like she's a Jones.  Kelli is just an employee of the Jones family.  

• Love 1

IMO those shorts look a lot more like diapers than the current ones being that they're higher on the waist...I've never seen a diaper so far below the navel.  I'm curious about her hair.  Did they do the makeovers when she was a DCC, and if so, was it the organization who decided she should be be blonde?  And if that were the case, did she pull a Loren and go back to the color she liked after she retired?

10 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

The whole "taking over for Kelly " thing.  I'm not so sure that Kelli's job would just be passed on to Sam simply because she's Kelli's daughter.  It isn't like she's a Jones.  Kelli is just an employee of the Jones family.  

I don't think Sam or Kelli have ever indicated Sam planned to take over Kelli's job, or that Kelli plans to leave anything soon. They'll cart her body of the field when she's 80, if she lets them lol. 

Kelli has branded herself so well lately, too, that they're really going to have to bring in a persona and a good business person when Kelli does retire. She'll have huge heels to fill.

• Love 2