Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

Sometimes what looks trendy/edgy/funky at 25 just looks crazy at 55. That's how I see Kitty. Don't want to kill her buzz, but maybe tone it down a notch.

i think Judy has shortened her hair some since the beginning, but I agree, a long lob, maybe at the collar bones would be more flattering. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

I hear you! My impression is that Kitty is a very pragmatic kind of lady who likes to get on with life and prefers to spend time just living her life rather than getting wrapped up in time-consuming self-obsessions. Maybe a "been there done that" mentality with the beauty queen stuff, and happy to let it go and be low maintenance. Not that she's letting herself go or anything, but she's a secure person who is happy in herself.

Thats not to diss Judy's style either, but she clearly looks after herself well and power to her!

I honestly can't imagine her with hair any different to what it is! It seems so synonymous with her personality. What other styles could you see on her?

17 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Sometimes what looks trendy/edgy/funky at 25 just looks crazy at 55. That's how I see Kitty. Don't want to kill her buzz, but maybe tone it down a notch.

i think Judy has shortened her hair some since the beginning, but I agree, a long lob, maybe at the collar bones would be more flattering. 

What @RazzleberryPie said. I feel Judy's hair, while great, weighs her down a bit. A chic bob would look great on her.

• Love 1
Spoiler

2 hours ago, JC123 said:

I want some of whatever Judys having, the woman just doesn't age.. 

Im not sure whether it's good genes or good work if I'm honest ?

i don't think Judy looks like she has had much work done? maybe i am bad at guessing that kind of thing lol but i see wrinkles around her eyes, etc.  She just looks like she has lived a healthy life, tried not to bake in the sun, etc. 

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

With the realization that so many DCC have extensions, I wonder if Judy does?  Any thoughts?

No, not even for a second. Look at pics of her when she was a DCC. That amazing head of hair is all natural. :)

• Love 3

If any I don't think Judy has had much work done. You can (faintly) see a few wrinkles. Minimal, considering her age, I hope I look like that when I'm in my 60's/late 50's!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I honestly think Kelli is prettier now than when she was a DCC.  She's just a classic beauty.

I think Kelli is really pretty too.  Like when I watch the show I honestly think she's prettier than most of the TCCs and DCCs.  Like she is just stunning for any age.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I think Kelli is really pretty too.  Like when I watch the show I honestly think she's prettier than most of the TCCs and DCCs.  Like she is just stunning for any age.

me too ... I think she looks super put together and very classy...

whoops, hit return too soon ... Kelli just looks rich if that makes sense.  Not saying she is but she looks the part

• Love 2

Judy wouldn't look as good as she does without that hair. She's pretty wrinkled but doesn't seem to be to spotted, then again, she is perpetually tan and that hides a lot.

I agree about Kelli and the casual suits in the early days of MTT. I think she had a thyroid problem too which wreaks havoc on your hair and your weight. 

I definitely think Kelli could rock the dances if she wanted to!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Judy wouldn't look as good as she does without that hair. She's pretty wrinkled but doesn't seem to be to spotted, then again, she is perpetually tan and that hides a lot.

I agree about Kelli and the casual suits in the early days of MTT. I think she had a thyroid problem too which wreaks havoc on your hair and your weight. 

I definitely think Kelli could rock the dances if she wanted to!

Kelli is a lady who really knows how to carry herself. The whole show wouldn't be nearly as compelling to watch without her poise.

• Love 3

Didn't Kelli have some kind of eye issue where she had to take oral steroids?  They wreak havoc on people, but IMO she still manages to look great all the time.

The eye issue was very likely related to the thyroid issue, I'm guessing Graves' opthalmopathy (I was at risk for it too) and I think she eventually had her thyroid removed.  She does look great and working around that stuff is no joke!  She's probably so much smaller in person as well.  I'll put a side note about the boots in the appropriate thread :)

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

'Im sorry for bringing up an old post, but I just wanted to agree wholeheartedly with Laurenbrook about this!  I can't remember where I saw a photo of Kelli giving Sam a driving lesson and Kelli wasn't wearing a stitch of makeup but still looked gorgeous (and she looked about 25 years old too!)

Even her most recent vacation photos, she always just has her hair thrown up and no make up! I love it. :) 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

Even her most recent vacation photos, she always just has her hair thrown up and no make up! I love it. :) 

Yet she still manages to look polished.  How does she do it???

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/15/2016 at 8:58 AM, RedDelicious said:

The eye issue was very likely related to the thyroid issue, I'm guessing Graves' opthalmopathy (I was at risk for it too) and I think she eventually had her thyroid removed.  She does look great and working around that stuff is no joke!  She's probably so much smaller in person as well.  I'll put a side note about the boots in the appropriate thread :)

If it was Graves (hyperthyroidism), she'd have a hard time keeping any weight on. It can also lead to bulging eyes (remember Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein? ). If anything, Kelli would have the opposite, which is hypothyroidism, which causes weight gain, lethargy, feeling cold, etc.

I have no idea what actually transpired with her, since that's her private health info. But definitely not Graves, given what we've seen. 

Edited by SopranoKris

I think she had some eye problems which lead her to take steroids. Steroids can lead to weight gain and other lovely side effects. I think she also had a hysterectomy or a partial hysterectomy.

Talking about Kelli, Judy and Kitty ~ with their differing personalities, I think they would be a hoot to hang out with. I imagine them hanging out and having girl fun when they go to Nashville for the CMT awards while still maintaining integrity and class. 

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, SopranoKris said:

If it was Graves (hyperthyroidism), she'd have a hard time keeping any weight on. It can also lead to bulging eyes (remember Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein? ). If anything, Kelli would have the opposite, which is hypothyroidism, which causes weight gain, lethargy, feeling cold, etc.

I have no idea what actually transpired with her, since that's her private health info. But definitely not Graves, given what we've seen. 

Graves is autoimmune hyperthyroid and some patients do gain quite a bit of weight because it causes your appetite to go into overdrive and you overeat. If treatment with thyroid suppressing meds or radioactive iodine is not successful, the thyroid is surgically removed. Steroids can be used to treat graves opthalmopathy.

I was only suggesting it as a possible reason for the physical changes we have seen in her over the years, since we don't really know what happened and a lot of us often wonder.

ETA: I thought she had thyroid issues and her thyroid was surgically removed. 

Edited by RedDelicious
39 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I can't imagine Kitty being fun at all, she seems like a truly mean spirited person.

I have heard the exact opposite.  Kelsey, for instance, said Kitty is awesome - and remember, Kitty called her a stripper on TV LOL  She said Kitty is genuinely supportive and caring to the girls and wants to help them.  I honestly think they dramatize a lot of it for TV. 

• Love 3

WHOAAAA WHOA WHOA. Don't go talking about kitty. Lol she dials it up for the show, but she is probably hands down the best dance teacher/mentor in Dallas. She's not meant for the weak hearted, but she's great. One night she thought she broke me down and pulled me aside and asked me if I was okay. She genuinely tries to push people and pull greatness out of them. And she knows her shit. 

My my personality is similar to Kitty's so I love her and hope to be half the woman she is one day. 

But it yes it would've fun to be a fly on the wall with Kelli, Judy, and kitty. 

• Love 9

Kitty is blunt, but she isn't nearly as rude or condescending as a whole lot of pro dance professionals who act like dancers are commodities and not humans. 

Kitty is what a whole lot of Special Snowflake girls need - special snowflake as in always the studio darling, best and prettiest at their school, etc - to jolt them into being amazing performers. You see so many who have worked hard, but never had much of a challenge, and kitty challenges them.

she might be abrupt and dramatic, but I've never seen her give bad advice or harmful instruction. 

• Love 7
(edited)

She just says what people are thinking! I've heard her tell a girl that she had a "blow job mouth" and honestly...I hate to say it but she was right. This particular girl came from a cheer background so they do exaggerated facials with a wide open mouth. And kitty corrected her! She still works on it but she's very much aware and there was no hard feelings. 

I know I probably sound crazy but it's one of those things you had to be there. It was hilarious.

Edited by dalgal214
  • Love 3
(edited)
36 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

She just says what people are thinking! I've heard her tell a girl that she had a "blow job mouth" and honestly...I hate to say it but she was right. This particular girl came from a cheer background so they do exaggerated facials with a wide open mouth. And kitty corrected her! She still works on it but she's very much aware and there was no hard feelings. 

I know I probably sound crazy but it's one of those things you had to be there. It was hilarious.

BAHHH! I know exactly what face you're talking about! When I was a cheerleader, I made sure to ask some of the more experienced girls how to not look like a maniac with facials. Granted, it wasn't a great squad I was on, but some of the facials I used to see were insane. I don't think most cheer coaches tell anyone to tone down anything, so going to Kitty and getting advice about what a pro dance team wants is definitely a good idea.

And just because I'm awful:

5e8411da26a41242ea06d0b5df8daf3e.jpg

Edited by KellyAnn3
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, KellyAnn3 said:

BAHHH! I know exactly what face you're talking about! When I was a cheerleader, I made sure to ask some of the more experienced girls how to not look like a maniac with facials. Granted, it wasn't a great squad I was on, but some of the facials I used to see were insane. I don't think most cheer coaches tell anyone to tone down anything, so going to Kitty and getting advice about what a pro dance team wants is definitely a good idea.

And just because I'm awful:

5e8411da26a41242ea06d0b5df8daf3e.jpg

Is that Amy Reece? The brunette, not the s****** blonde. ;)

Watching the re-runs of Season 10.  Does anyone else try to look at all the things on Kelli's desk & folder rack?  She is so organized!  When I was working in the corporate world, I was a neat freak when it came to my office space, so I love seeing how organized she is :)

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, SopranoKris said:

Watching the re-runs of Season 10.  Does anyone else try to look at all the things on Kelli's desk & folder rack?  She is so organized!  When I was working in the corporate world, I was a neat freak when it came to my office space, so I love seeing how organized she is :)

LOL I try to look at them for little clues

2 hours ago, SopranoKris said:

I do try to look! However I'm sure they're very aware that her office is a "set" and it's all there for a reason. 

• Love 2

I don't know, there's strong resemblence, but very different to me. The long hair shot of judy looks cute as can be. When Cassie smiles like that, all I see is Cartman from South Park.

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

This is a gr8 throwback picture of Judy. She said on Twitter that she is cleaning out her desk/office a Valley Ranch and found some old pics. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpD7vhUVUAAf2q4.jpg:large

Another one!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpD7DmoUEAEODFT.jpg:large

Cassie looks so much like her mom, I can really see it with these pics!

Her hair is amazing!!!! I love the first picture of her getting her name called

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCFAN71 said:

This is a gr8 throwback picture of Judy. She said on Twitter that she is cleaning out her desk/office a Valley Ranch and found some old pics. 

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpD7vhUVUAAf2q4.jpg:large

Another one!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpD7DmoUEAEODFT.jpg:large

Cassie looks so much like her mom, I can really see it with these pics!

I just love that first pic, it's adorable and wow all that hair!

I would give anything to have that hair, even if just for one day! I would be in heaven! That is a true gift that even the best extensions cannot imitate. Cassie did not inherite that, though, did she?

That hair must be such a part of Judy's identity, from a young age. She must get comments on it constantly. She would look so different without that hair. I adore it! I have hair envy to the extreme! 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Dccfanatic said:

I would give anything to have that hair, even if just for one day! I would be in heaven! That is a true gift that even the best extensions cannot imitate. Cassie did not inherite that, though, did she?

That hair must be such a part of Judy's identity, from a young age. She must get comments on it constantly. She would look so different without that hair. I adore it! I have hair envy to the extreme! 

Cassie seems to have thinner hair.

46 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Well get ready because I fully expect to see Sam in a uniform as soon as she finishes college.

This will happen way before that. You know Sam is dying to wear the uniform instead of being a hanger-on like she is now. I bet money Holly is giving her privates. If we see a drastic change in body shape that will be the sign that Kelli will put her on the team. 

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Well get ready because I fully expect to see Sam in a uniform as soon as she finishes college.

1 minute ago, TiaGrace said:

This will happen way before that. You know Sam is dying to wear the uniform instead of being a hanger-on like she is now. I bet money Holly is giving her privates. If we see a drastic change in body shape that will be the sign that Kelli will put her on the team. 

I will assume neither of you know Sam at all by your assumptions. She is far from a "hanger-on" or "dying to be in the uniform". I personally have been around Sam at auditions and she talks about things other than DCC. She and Cassie are night and day when it comes to the passion of DCC. I don't think her having friends on the squad automatically makes her using them for privates and things of that matter.

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

I will assume neither of you know Sam at all by your assumptions. She is far from a "hanger-on" or "dying to be in the uniform". I personally have been around Sam at auditions and she talks about things other than DCC. She and Cassie are night and day when it comes to the passion of DCC. I don't think her having friends on the squad automatically makes her using them for privates and things of that matter.

You assume correctly on my part. I don't know her. My opinion is based on solely on social media and to clarify, not just her social media. In my opinion, she does seem like the third wheel in pics with other DCCs. 

On social media, I have seen her working out with Holly. To me, it is not far fetched that Holly would work with Sam on her dancing. I never said the word used or any other things of that matter.  If any DCC is helping Sam with dance, I'm sure it would be mutually benefitting to both. 

Again, just my opinion. 

23 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

All I'm going by with Sam is her social media posts about when she's in the uniform, in the team, on the field, etc. She made those comments herself.

Whoa she's posted about "when she's in the uniform"????? 

• Love 1

Correct me if I'm wrong. Hey if she can improve enough from the prep class videos she's posted, more power to her. With all the grief Cassie is still getting years after retiring, if this is what Sam wants, she knows what backlash to prepare for. 

• Love 1

No one would assume Sam wants to be a DCC if she hadn't posted multiple times about how she looks forward to cheering on the team with Holly and Dayton and Victoria.  I think she also posted that about Cami Branson. 

• Love 1
On 5/3/2016 at 10:06 AM, sleepyjean said:

On 7/16/2016 at 10:21 PM, RedDelicious said:

Graves is autoimmune hyperthyroid and some patients do gain quite a bit of weight because it causes your appetite to go into overdrive and you overeat. If treatment with thyroid suppressing meds or radioactive iodine is not successful, the thyroid is surgically removed. Steroids can be used to treat graves opthalmopathy.

I was only suggesting it as a possible reason for the physical changes we have seen in her over the years, since we don't really know what happened and a lot of us often wonder.

ETA: I thought she had thyroid issues and her thyroid was surgically removed. 

I had Graves Disease at the age of 18.  I could eat anything I wanted and only weighed 100 lbs!!  folk don't gain weight with it, they can't gain weight with it.  Mine was arrested with medication as i had just started developing the big eyes (exopthalmic goiter), although the fine tremor and weight loss were were pretty active symptoms . It is a hyperthyroidism.

• Love 2

I think Kelli had a hysterectomy. I know women who have endometriosis can end up being diagnosed with Graves Disease (I was diagnosed with Graves Disease six months after surgery and being diagnosed with endometriosis.) I also think Kelli had some type of eye problems and was put on steroids. Steroids can cause puffiness and other lovely side effects.