Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

lol she's way too busty to be wearing a dress like that. Love her but no. My mom has larger breasts than her and wouldn't dream of wearing something so nonsupporting.

23 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Yeah .. not a fan.  Unfortunately at a certain age (and I just passed it), most women struggle to stay perky and alert.  Stuff be saggin' and no amount of tape or strapless bra can help save the day. She's a pretty woman but with her blessed size, she probably should be more supported

Yeah, I'm in Kelli's "club" and there's no way I'd ever wear a dress like that.  When you are a double D or above, it's just not flattering.  The girls need some support!

God, I love Kelli.  It takes CONFIDENCE to wear a figure hugging fuchsia dress at any age.  Yes, she is large chested but she looks like she has support in the dress...no sagging.  I think she is embracing who she, curves and all.  Good for her. 

On 6/7/2016 at 1:08 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

as much as Judy's smugness irritates me, when she retires, I have a feeling the DCC is going to get a whole lot sexier/trashier - more like the infamous bikini boot 'fashion' show.

compared to other pro teams they're downright G rated, but Kelli says just steers her from being too sexy, and Kelli took over as director when the old director quit after ownership wanted them to be far 'nastier'

I never thought about this until you said it, but I completely agree.

(BTW, I read "nastier" in Kitty's voice lol)

On 6/7/2016 at 2:38 PM, sleepyjean said:

It will certainly be  interesting to see what does eventually happen. Kelli has turned the DCC into big business. She will need someone with a head for business, as well as the ability to successfully manage a dance team. Those are two completely different skill sets. Most of the girls who pass through the team don't have any professional business experience. Being an excellent group leader is terrific, but doesn't necessarily translate into having an aptitude or capacity for managing employees in an office, budgeting, negotiating deals, legal constraints, travel, sponsorships, sales, and on and on. (I don't think Kelli did either when she was hired, she had to learn as she went, but the DCC today isn't what it was when she took the job.) 

I never really thought about this either. She has a full plate. She knows what she's doing. Any replacement would have to be on point!

6 hours ago, caligirl50 said:

God, I love Kelli.  It takes CONFIDENCE to wear a figure hugging fuchsia dress at any age.  Yes, she is large chested but she looks like she has support in the dress...no sagging.  I think she is embracing who she, curves and all.  Good for her. 

Agree. I think she looks gorgeous.

• Love 2

I was watching season 7s Mexico trips and Kelli looked beautiful in a few of her talking heads. She had her hair naturally curly, makeup looked perfect and she had a cute wrap around the neck dress on. I had to get my glasses to see what DCC redhead they were interviewing! 

8 hours ago, Spooky said:

I was watching season 7s Mexico trips and Kelli looked beautiful in a few of her talking heads. She had her hair naturally curly, makeup looked perfect and she had a cute wrap around the neck dress on. I had to get my glasses to see what DCC redhead they were interviewing! 

Omg yes, Kelli looked fantastic there! 

9 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Kelli looks fantastic too! Judy is wearing $1000+ Loubs. (Cassie looks like she wore a dress from Lennon's closet, but that's for another forum entirely.)

She always seems to wear clothes from her friends clothing store called Sayla Blooms. If she can rock it, I say why not lol

13 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

I think Kelli looks fantastic too! Judy is wearing $1000+ Loubs. (Cassie looks like she wore a dress from Lennon's closet, but that's for another forum entirely.)

seriously??  $1000 shoes?  I love loubies but come on!  OK I gotta know how much they're paying her for her to afford those shoes. Damn!

Did she name her daughter after John Lennon?  Interesting name

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 8:36 PM, QuiteContrary19 said:

I am not a fan of Kelli's tube dress look. It's not even that it's bad, I've just seen her look so much better in other styles. Judy, on the other hand, I don't know if I've ever seen her *not* stylin and profilin. To me, she always looks classy and sort of Dallas's version of boho chic, and never like she's living in the past or trying to be something else.

Agree ... I definitely feel like Kelli tries a bit "harder" or at least she looks like she does wit the heavier make-up, the tight dresses and heels ... I mean, she looks great but she definitely buys into the whole "image" thing of DCC.  Good for her - I wish I gave more of a whoot and looked more put together / classier LOL

• Love 2

I read somewhere that Judy is trained in a variety of styles including Tap! I don't know about you but I would LOVE to see a MTT where Kelli twirls a baton and Judy taps! We rarely see them in a dancing capacity and I would absolutely love to! 

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, spazette said:

I read somewhere that Judy is trained in a variety of styles including Tap! I don't know about you but I would LOVE to see a MTT where Kelli twirls a baton and Judy taps! We rarely see them in a dancing capacity and I would absolutely love to! 

In a previous season (don't remember which one) Judy asked Kelli if she could still do the opening field entrance and she said "Hell yeah". I  would've loved to see her demonstrate it to the TCCs.

• Love 7

@MrsEVH I sort of remember that from season 8. I also remember a quick 2 second shot from season 7s  calendar release party where i *think* Kelli joins the girls on the dance floor doing "sexy hips". I Would LOVE to see them do the entrance! Not because I don't think they could do it, but simply because how fun!!!! 

• Love 5

Its always fun to see directors out of their usual professional stature. My friend is a drill team director and I taught her girls a hip hoppy combo. They saw their director learning along popping her booty and said "ohhhhhhh, Ms. Harris!" It wasn't an overtly sexy move but it was pretty funny because you could tell after the fact that she was slightly embarrassed ?

• Love 3

But back to business-I can easily see Kelli doing any and all of the tags/performances. Maybe a little tight with the show group tricks (hey, if you don't use it you lose it) but I feel like she'd go all out with the fun Pom routines!

• Love 2
(edited)

I was impressed to learn that Michelle Keyes has tens of thousands of followers for her choreography on Instagram & her power classes now are drawing 100+ folks some class sessions. I'd love to see her teaching a technique class or choreo session in training camp. It looks like she did so shortly before auditions this year, maybe to prep vets for auditions. 

I realized I put my show wishlist/suggestions in the wrong thread & they should go here: I'd love to see Michelle or Sara Idziak or some other retired vet who is an assistant choreographer teaching at a TC rehearsal or working with TCCs on the show this year. But for the record, I enjoy seeing guest choreographers like Jordan & Bree as well. I also really want to see more of what group leaders & seconds do, including running rehearsals on nights K & J are absent. I enjoy watching vets help rookies with their dancing & performance, not so much with chatty pep talks. Loved watching Brittney E helping Mackenzie L with her kicks, for example, and other Mackenzie helping Sydney her rookie year. 

Another "scene" I think would be fun that could change things up a bit is to see what kinds of makeup & hair styling instructions/tips girls get during their makeovers or from the makeup artists & stylists when they're getting prepped for cameos. Not just before & after, but things like how to do (& blend!) their eyeshadow, lips,  hair, etc. Learning how to style themselves is part of what K & J evaluate candidates on, & I imagine some viewers would enjoy some "glam" tips that can be toned down for a cocktail party or night on the town. I don't mean Abby Farrin fashion show advertising, however, but more of the artists talking girls through what they're doing while getting hair & makeup done. Or actual consultations about the looks girls come in with, like right & wrong colors girls wear (Breelan), how to highlight or create good cheekbones (like Brittney S's), or how to make different eye colors pop. 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 3

I really enjoyed the endings last year with Kelly having a short narrative about the end goals and turning out the lights.

The make up thing would be interesting.  Do the girls come in and then do their make up there before practice or do they do it at home?  

2 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I really enjoyed the endings last year with Kelly having a short narrative about the end goals and turning out the lights.

The make up thing would be interesting.  Do the girls come in and then do their make up there before practice or do they do it at home?  

I'm sure they do it before they get to practice.  Still seems a bit much tho, but it's TV so I guess I get it.

I still want to see a "preparing for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas game performance" special.

They have to be field ready at practice so I would say make up first. Even when they arrive to valley ranch to catch the bus to the stadium they must be appearance/field ready. Touch ups or fluff and puff happen throughout 

• Love 2

That's a fun fantasy, but they would both be straight up awful. At their age, having not danced as step in 20 years, they'd both be struggling. They could probably still mark the dances, but full out? Not a chance.

Oh--I thought of something else to ask.  Last year it showed them practicing outside (it seemed like the distance to the inside studio was just a short walk since at dusk Kelly would say it's time to go back in).  I thought I saw houses in the background around there.  It didn't seem real private in any event but I could just be remembering incorrectly.  

On June 21, 2016 at 10:10 AM, sleepyjean said:

That's a fun fantasy, but they would both be straight up awful. At their age, having not danced as step in 20 years, they'd both be struggling. They could probably still mark the dances, but full out? Not a chance.

This. Exactly. Plus neither of them would have the stamina to go full out Thunderstruck. That's a long ass, exhausting intro. 

I'm only a few years younger than Kelli and I used be flexible "Gumby" and could kick my nose, like Lacey. There's no way at this age that I could attempt to dance like I could back then without embarrassing myself. You just get to a point where you start to lose your flexibility. Every time I do yoga it makes me sad that I can't put my nose on my knees anymore. I just don't think K & J would be able to do the dances. There just comes a time when, as much as you'd love to be able to do it, your body won't let you. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

On another subject, does anyone know when the DCC went from wearing their hair however to always wearing it down?  I just remember Tami Barber with her cute ponytails in the early eighties.

When I think of the DCC prior to this show she is the one that always pops into my head immediately.  So adorable!

29 minutes ago, ChlcGirl said:

When I think of the DCC prior to this show she is the one that always pops into my head immediately.  So adorable!

And I always think of our very own Judy!

• Love 2
10 hours ago, ChlcGirl said:

I am continually in awe of how really beautiful Judy is to this day.  The woman is aging wonderfully.

I agree!  I also think she dresses very appropriately, she never looks like she's in denial or trying to be a 20something.  She puts forward the best version of herself, rather than trying to be something she's not. 

• Love 5

Though I think Kelli is beautiful, she appears to be fighting the age thing much harder than Judy.  I think if she would give up one or two things (like the tight clothes and platform heels) she would look more beautiful.  Of course, she doesn't look horrible in the wiggle dresses just, again, trying hard.

• Love 1

I always think she looks nice when she wears those flowy hippie looking shirts that look like caftans.  Comfy and interesting looking.  NOT the shirts with the shoulders cut out.  Just no, Kelli.

• Love 6

Kelly was very fit for a long time. She's almost 52. I honestly think she's not quite adjusted to how her body is reacting to her having a hysterectomy a couple of years ago and metabolism crashing after that. Judy is almost 10 years older, and has had a little time to adjust. They both look great, and I hope I look that put together when I'm at that point. 

Judy is only a couple of years younger than Kitty Carter. Digest that for a little bit. I love Kitty, but she could take some style tips from Judy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Judy is only a couple of years younger than Kitty Carter. Digest that for a little bit. I love Kitty, but she could take some style tips from Judy.

I hear you! My impression is that Kitty is a very pragmatic kind of lady who likes to get on with life and prefers to spend time just living her life rather than getting wrapped up in time-consuming self-obsessions. Maybe a "been there done that" mentality with the beauty queen stuff, and happy to let it go and be low maintenance. Not that she's letting herself go or anything, but she's a secure person who is happy in herself.

Thats not to diss Judy's style either, but she clearly looks after herself well and power to her!

42 minutes ago, cgloss said:

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but I want Judy to cut her hair. 

I honestly can't imagine her with hair any different to what it is! It seems so synonymous with her personality. What other styles could you see on her?

• Love 1