Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

Cassie was never trashy..she just had a style and sense of humor that was difficult to truly capture on camera. Idk..I just always got her. Maybe not a fan of her dancing much, but I never thought she was "trashy" or anything.

Totally agree. I always thought she was hilarious actually, but I have a similar sense of humor. So if she's trashy, I'm trashy too! ;)

• Love 2

That moment where Cassie called out Taylor was so mean that I will always think Cassie is not very nice because of it. Ally T. seemed really mean in it too. I know Taylor was a mess, but geesh. Couldn't that have all been said more privately? Also showed the extra security that Cassie had being Judy's daughter in that she felt comfortable w/ being so mean w/o any concern of consequences.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1

Yes!  I always notice the different music they're dancing to and it does NOT fit the choreography.  The first time I noticed it, I thought maybe I had forgotten the song that went with the dance.  However, a few more routines in and I knew for sure they had changed all the music.  It bugs me because it makes the girls look like they're not on the beat sometimes, when it's just sound editing.

Agree, the music is really horrible.  Really ruins the enjoyment of the show.

• Love 2

That moment where Cassie called out Taylor was so mean that I will always think Cassie is not very nice because of it. Ally T. seemed really mean in it too. I know Taylor was a mess, but geesh. Couldn't that have all been said more privately? Also showed the extra security that Cassie had being Judy's daughter in that she felt comfortable w/ being so mean w/o any concern of consequences.

Yeah that wasn't great leadership and Ally also acted a bit bullyish.  I don't think Cassie is trashy though.

• Love 2

Agree with both of you on Taylor-gate lol in that moment I felt bad for poor Taylor. She was being tag-teemed by both of them and although she was immature she was a sweet, very young girl and sensitive. Ally and Cassie were older and acted like authoritarians, although they were by seniority, they didn't have to take it that far. I would say Taylor has matured by now. Having said that Ally and Cassie seemed OK outside of this! I might not have agreed with everything regarding Cassie and Judy, however I also got her sense of humour.

Edited by NicoleS9954

Why what is on her instagram? Which Taylor do you mean?

Taylor Lowery. Just google her name and her Instagram pops up. She just shows A LOT of skin and styles herself in a way that looks very artificial to me. I don't think she was ever DCC material personally. Not saying what happened with Cassie and Ally was right per se, but I don't think Taylor was innocent. There were obviously wrongs on both sides and it continually gets brought up to dredge up the Cassie talk.

• Love 1

I'm not sure how much Taylor has matured based on her Instagram honestly. For Cassie getting called trashy up thread, Taylor shows more skin than any former DCC I've seen.

Lol - yeah, that Instagram certainly doesn't scream mature. I would think that was a 15-16 year old girl I was looking at based on those photos if I didn't know otherwise.

Guess we need to stop talking about taylor though cause she really doesn't belong on this thread :/.

• Love 2

Since this is the Kelli-Judy thread I will throw this in. I loved after Kelli & Judy were reprimanding Taylor for eating cookie dough, Kelli quietly said to Judy "We're just jealous." I thought that was a cute moment!

• Love 2

It's just a matter of opinion. I think Cassie's figure is totally wonky and she looked skinny fat to me after her first season. To stay OT, I think she completely lacks class and charm and she got away with it because she is who she is. No office visits or weight warnings here. Overweight? Never. But she definitely filled out and others have been cut for that.

It would be hard for Sam to make it the way she is and her skills are now.  And I don’t think Kelli would let her try out lookin’ like that (both figure, face and dance wise).  It would just be disrespectful to the “brand” to think you could come shufflin’ off the streets and think you can get in just cause you’re Kelli’s daughter.  Too obvious and obnoxious too.  I think if she is serious about trying out (which I don’t think she is), Kelli will stick her in intensive prep and make-over mode like yesterday!

The posters on this particular thread should be ashamed of themselves for speculating and gossiping about Samantha's education, dancing, DCC plans, and looks in such a negative way. 

Sam is a pretty girl, yes, but more importantly she appears to be a young woman who is well grounded (you never hear of her boasting or partying), a positive attitude (often smiling and supportive of her friends), an athletic talent (cheerleading), intelligence and ambition (a college focus).  Importantly, she appears to be universally liked and supported by a large group of friends and her loving family. 

There are many reasons a successful student might prefer an in-state college or university to an out-of-state Ivy League school, including proximity to family and friends, a larger support network, and travel and overall cost of education.  Sam is also an athlete, as a competitive cheerleader, and the truth is that she may be seeking an athletic program that is more competitive than what a particular Ivy League school can offer. 

As for the DCC, that opportunity is always there and waiting, as the squad has - in the past - taken girls into their 30s.  DCC has been a constant presence in Sam's family life, and she clearly puts her educational aspirations, and perhaps ultimately her career ambitions, first.  If, and when, she decides to audition for the DCC, she will undoubtedly take a year to prepare for that test with additional dance, fitness, and other prep; as most of the young ladies who audition do.

For now, let her enjoy her senior year and the beginning of her young adult life in college, without the speculation and snark of your comments.

• Love 2

Cassie is like me, we have a long torso and long legs. Someone said she doesn't have long legs but I think she does, I mean I would know. My legs are a freaking mile long. If she didn't have long legs, the boots would be hitting her at a higher spot on her legs. Now Kinzie definitely has really long legs. Anyways, I think Sam is super pretty but she still looks young. She looks too young for the team right now. I think she needs to grow into her looks and mature a bit before trying out. Holly is 19 and looks like she's 20 something. Sam is 18 and looks 18.

The posters on this particular thread should be ashamed of themselves for speculating and gossiping about Samantha's education, dancing, DCC plans, and looks in such a negative way.

Sam is a pretty girl, yes, but more importantly she appears to be a young woman who is well grounded (you never hear of her boasting or partying), a positive attitude (often smiling and supportive of her friends), an athletic talent (cheerleading), intelligence and ambition (a college focus). Importantly, she appears to be universally liked and supported by a large group of friends and her loving family.

There are many reasons a successful student might prefer an in-state college or university to an out-of-state Ivy League school, including proximity to family and friends, a larger support network, and travel and overall cost of education. Sam is also an athlete, as a competitive cheerleader, and the truth is that she may be seeking an athletic program that is more competitive than what a particular Ivy League school can offer.

As for the DCC, that opportunity is always there and waiting, as the squad has - in the past - taken girls into their 30s. DCC has been a constant presence in Sam's family life, and she clearly puts her educational aspirations, and perhaps ultimately her career ambitions, first. If, and when, she decides to audition for the DCC, she will undoubtedly take a year to prepare for that test with additional dance, fitness, and other prep; as most of the young ladies who audition do.

For now, let her enjoy her senior year and the beginning of her young adult life in college, without the speculation and snark of your comments.

Agree with a lot of things you're saying, but there's really no reason to make a blanket statement shaming everyone who has posted in this thread. There have been a lot of differing opinions, and a lot of positive things have been said by several posters. I personally think Sam is a very cute girl, very smart, and will do well with whatever she decides to pursue.

• Love 4

Agree with a lot of things you're saying, but there's really no reason to make a blanket statement shaming everyone who has posted in this thread. There have been a lot of differing opinions, and a lot of positive things have been said by several posters. I personally think Sam is a very cute girl, very smart, and will do well with whatever she decides to pursue.

We all agree Sam is a pretty, friendly-seeming girl.  I think folks were just thinking of her through "DCC lenses" and from judges' perspectives, same as the way Kelli judges and criticizes the other candidates.  No one means to make anyone feel bad - she's pretty and a good dancer compared to us normal folks...it's more whether it's DCC level.

• Love 1

I like Sam. She's smart, articulate, poised, and cute. However, she is not fitness or dance ready. By posting numerous times that she will be a DCC, will dance on the field, will dance with current girls, showing prep class performances, etc she is absolutely opening up and perpetuating speculation about auditioning.

Dance skill, fitness, ability, face, etc are all part of that package. At this point she does not have that package.

I did not care for Cassie as a DCC. She improved a lot dance wise, but her initial styling, stamina, dance skill, etc were not as good as cut girls. She looked better and danced better as things progressed. She always came off as flighty and airheady, with a little bit of entitlement. Sam comes off as much more likeable.

If a directors daughter, daughter in law, a legacy or a Jones auditions they will be under extra scrutiny. The end.

I do have to add that as a nonDCC, Cassie is so much more likable to me. She looks happier and prettier. Glad she's found her good place and has a good life.

• Love 2

I like Sam. She's smart, articulate, poised, and cute. However, she is not fitness or dance ready. By posting numerous times that she will be a DCC, will dance on the field, will dance with current girls, showing prep class performances, etc she is absolutely opening up and perpetuating speculation about auditioning.

Dance skill, fitness, ability, face, etc are all part of that package. At this point she does not have that package.

I did not care for Cassie as a DCC. She improved a lot dance wise, but her initial styling, stamina, dance skill, etc were not as good as cut girls. She looked better and danced better as things progressed. She always came off as flighty and airheady, with a little bit of entitlement. Sam comes off as much more likeable.

If a directors daughter, daughter in law, a legacy or a Jones auditions they will be under extra scrutiny. The end.

I do have to add that as a nonDCC, Cassie is so much more likable to me. She looks happier and prettier. Glad she's found her good place and has a good life.

Yeah - she seems like a good mom and clearly loves her kids.  I love to see happy post-DCC lives!

All the girls that Kelli has criticised over the years on their weight, gummy smile, thut, grandma face, highlighter hair, botoxed face, or called stupid and graceless.... they're all someone's daughter, so why would Sam be held to different standards?

Sam publicly said "when" she is on the team... Not if, if I'm lucky, if I'm blessed etc...so she is taking for granted that she will be on the team, not us. That opens her up to speculation.

No need for anyone to be ashamed.

Edited by RhiRhi
  • Love 2

If any other person was out there on social media saying they were going to try out for DCC "someday", critiquing what they put on social media would be fair game. Sam isn't any different. Except that of all then them, she should know better about what to put on social media.

I guess I don't see how she is any different than anyone else.

If any other person was out there on social media saying they were going to try out for DCC "someday", critiquing what they put on social media would be fair game. Sam isn't any different. Except that of all then them, she should know better about what to put on social media.

I guess I don't see how she is any different than anyone else.

If you make statements on a public social media account, you are fair game for discussion and dissection. I think people here have been on topic and generally respectful. If you make on-the-face-of-it contradictory statements that have caused subsequent embarrassment when people have called it out, that's just life.

Sounds like she/DCC definitely reads this board, that the above statement has come from her/DCC, and maybe someone has learned a lesson.

• Love 2

Saying Cassie is trashy for saying the word "sucks" a couple times is a pretty bold statement considering it's a pretty accepted word in this day and age. If she's trashy for that reason, then most people are. Including myself, everyone I work with, my church going pre school teaching mom, etc.

• Love 4

I think it's not so much the use of the word 'sucks' which makes it trashy, it's the petulant sulky teenage face that usually accompanied it.

I've got no problem with the word, but attitude like that is not generally seen in a model DCC...

Maybe "sucks" isn't quite trashy, but it certainly isn't "gracious"; maybe Kelli should have given Cassie a copy of the Jackie O book and had her give a report about how to speak more like a lady.

Edited by Moxiejan
  • Love 1

While some would say (and have) that we are being particularly harsh on Sam, from what I see, we aren't saying anything that Judy and Kelli haven't said to many a girl who have auditioned for the squad.  I don't know how much influence they have over the editing of the show, but, in many cases, the show has highlighted girls in the pre-lims and semis who have less than ideal body types for the uniform and weren't exactly the type of dancers the squad was looking for.  That is actually more damaging to a person's ego than what is being said here.  I think Sam knows that she isn't exactly ready for the DCC and, if she isn't already prepared for what's to come by watching all the mud that was slung at Cassie, she should be getting ready cause it's gonna get brutal for her.

As for Cassie, I was rewatching season three and think while she was a lovely young lady (yes, I've eaten some of my words) at the time, I think she was given more opportunities than many young ladies.  Many have said she wasn't the best dancer her rookie year and that many girls with better skills should have been selected over her.  I think, in many cases, that was true and she could have gotten some classes to bring her skills up to speed without the spotlight.   However you look at it, going through this entire ordeal has probably made her a much stronger, more resilient person.  Yes, some of her public speaking skills never developed (and I wonder how those shots made it to air given the emphasis put on being gracious and ladylike in public and public speaking), but she must have had something that I never saw in her because she's developed in areas I never expected. 

• Love 3

While some would say (and have) that we are being particularly harsh on Sam, from what I see, we aren't saying anything that Judy and Kelli haven't said to many a girl who have auditioned for the squad.  I don't know how much influence they have over the editing of the show, but, in many cases, the show has highlighted girls in the pre-lims and semis who have less than ideal body types for the uniform and weren't exactly the type of dancers the squad was looking for.  That is actually more damaging to a person's ego than what is being said here.  I think Sam knows that she isn't exactly ready for the DCC and, if she isn't already prepared for what's to come by watching all the mud that was slung at Cassie, she should be getting ready cause it's gonna get brutal for her.

As for Cassie, I was rewatching season three and think while she was a lovely young lady (yes, I've eaten some of my words) at the time, I think she was given more opportunities than many young ladies.  Many have said she wasn't the best dancer her rookie year and that many girls with better skills should have been selected over her.  I think, in many cases, that was true and she could have gotten some classes to bring her skills up to speed without the spotlight.   However you look at it, going through this entire ordeal has probably made her a much stronger, more resilient person.  Yes, some of her public speaking skills never developed (and I wonder how those shots made it to air given the emphasis put on being gracious and ladylike in public and public speaking), but she must have had something that I never saw in her because she's developed in areas I never expected. 

Nicely phrased!!  All this being said, I am looking forward to finally hearing the big announcement on Sam's college of choice!  Lol ...

• Love 1

Sam and Cassie have been discussed, brought back to live, and discussed once again. Lets try to move on to another topic please. Remember not everyone will agree with your opinion. Use the Ignore Button if someone is annoying or upsetting you. Thank you.

Sam and Cassie have been discussed, brought back to live, and discussed once again. Lets try to move on to another topic please. Remember not everyone will agree with your opinion. Use the Ignore Button if someone is annoying or upsetting you. Thank you.

Will do but one question just so I understand the rules of this forum but why are there limitations on topics that people are interested in but have been discussed before?  If people aren't interested in Sam and Cassie, they can always hit ignore.  It seems like many topics have been discussed before so not sure what the distinguishing line is.  I didn't think anything about it was breaking the rules (that I'm aware of) so would like to understand for future reference.  Thanks!  :)

• Love 3
On 4/11/2016 at 10:38 AM, SopranoKris said:

Yes!  I always notice the different music they're dancing to and it does NOT fit the choreography.  The first time I noticed it, I thought maybe I had forgotten the song that went with the dance.  However, a few more routines in and I knew for sure they had changed all the music.  It bugs me because it makes the girls look like they're not on the beat sometimes, when it's just sound editing.

The music on the reruns is awful!

The music is pretty bad but I honestly don't even pay attention to it. It's not like they show a vast amount of dancing on the show or anything, lol. And when they do I am watching so closely that I just tune the music out.

NOT a fan of Melissa R.  I find her so freakin' annoying on the show and absolutely irrelevant and useless.  I mean, her "mentoring" session?  Seriously?  "Smile more" or "Be Bigger" isn't exactly mentoring.  And it's been awhile since she actually danced / performed as DCC so she's a bit irrelevant.  Ugh please take her off the show ... she's just so annoying!

• Love 3

She (like Cassie) is one I was like meh about but have really come to love through her IG.  I think Melissa is a really fun, great mom and her family is the absolute cutest (Her daughter is like, what, 4? and is seriously gorgeous already!!).  I don't know, I just really like seeing her personality shine through on there and it makes me like her more on the show. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Melissa was just a member of the squad for two years. She was not a star while there.  So bringing her back, and yes, she did do two seasons of Dancing with the Stars as well as a short stint with the traveling show, does seem odd when there are better choices out there.  Better dancers, women who have chosen dance as their career. 

But we all know why she is there.  Celebrity, no matter how small, means something I suppose in ratings.  She doesn’t bother me.  Yes, I would rather have Michelle Keys mentoring the girls but nationally, she has no name.

Edited by caligirl50
  • Love 1
Just now, caligirl50 said:

I think, and this has been said before, is that Melissa was just a member of the squad for two years. She was not a star while there.  So bringing her back, and yes, she did do two seasons of Dancing with the Stars as well as a short stint with the traveling show, it does seem odd when there are better choices out there.  Better dancers, women who have chosen dance as their career. 

But we all know why she is there.  Celebrity, no matter how small, means something I suppose in ratings.  She doesn’t bother me.  Yes, I would rather have Michelle Keys mentoring the girls but nationally, she has no name.

DIdn't someone say before too how Melissa probably already has a contract with CMT so they use her where they can? She had a show with Tye and then she hosted that weird Redneck show...

Melissa probably has a contract with CMT since she had her own show with her husband, and she was a cohost on another CMT show Redneck Island. I did not care for her at all in Season Nine. She got on my nerves a little in Season Ten, but at least she was not playing pet project with one TC camp candidate like she did with Breelan in Season Nine.

(edited)

She did/does have an ABC contract.  CMT is owned by Paramount so not sure if she could have two contracts but maybe ABC is done.

I forgot she was contributing correspondent on Good Morning America. They sent her to cover a lot of red carpets including the Academy Awards.   She also did The Bachelor and co-hosted the first season of Bachelor in Paradise with Chris Harrison.

I still feel there are better mentors out there.

Edited by caligirl50