Type keyword(s) to search

The DCC Organization: Coaches, Judges and Owner Group

• Start Topic

Wow...these comments about Sam are downright annoying. Lets not assume anything until she has declared what she is choosing to do and has made it formal. She is 18, has never outright said "I want to be a DCC", and the times I have been around her has shown or spoken no interest in even wanting a spot. She is aware of this forum and again she is 18 and doesn't need to read about herself looking bad or not having dance skills from people who have never fully seen her dance and don't know her. Sorry just gets on my nerves she didn't sign up for the show so in my opinion should be left alone.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, TXStar35 said:

Wow...these comments about Sam are downright annoying. Lets not assume anything until she has declared what she is choosing to do and has made it formal. She is 18, has never outright said "I want to be a DCC", and the times I have been around her has shown or spoken no interest in even wanting a spot. She is aware of this forum and again she is 18 and doesn't need to read about herself looking bad or not having dance skills from people who have never fully seen her dance and don't know her. Sorry just gets on my nerves she didn't sign up for the show so in my opinion should be left alone.

I dont have the time to search (maybe someone else will) but she has posted on Twitter at least 3 times about WHEN she is a DCC.  Otherwise yes I think people wouldn't assume. 

• Love 4

Guys if you don't like the comments please use the ignore feature. This is not a fan site where people can only say nice things. If you don't like it, use the ignore feature. If you have a problem with this please use the PM feature (and PM us) instead of calling each other out in here. Everyone on TV is fair game for comments and everyone is welcome to post here. 

• Love 8

These boards have never been about building each other up- and the TWOP boards were even less kind. Sam has wide open social media accounts- which will leave her open to comments and scrutiny. She's also posted several times about WHEN she wears the uniform. There's nothing wrong with stating the obvious.... Right now she doesn't have the DCC look and she doesn't seem to have the dance skills either, but she's a cute, sweet girl and she's very smart. I don't have the DCC look either, or the dance skills. Doesn't mean I'm ugly, and neither is Sam.

• Love 5

First of all, the mods are not banning certain discussions on here. The reasons why we ask to move on to something else is because certain rules are not being followed on here. The constant calling out other posters and mods, not following numerous mod notes, and telling other posters what can or cannot be discuss on here for example. The mods do not mind Samantha being discussed on here, but we do mind when posters not being civil, posters making comments on here about the direction the mods have taken (notice the hidden posts above,) or mod notes being ignored. We should not have to make a thread about what should or should not be discuss on here. In the case of a new person not knowing about what happened in a criminal act against two former DCCs, a PM was sent to her explaining the actions the mod took. We have ask all of you to use the ignore feature in cases of a follow poster pushing your buttons, but a few of you want to keep adding fuel to the fire instead.

Here is a little piece of advice: Pick your battles! Calling out others on here, telling others what they can discuss, or complaining about how the mods deal with certain situations is not helping to improve things on here. We want posters to feel comfortable on here and enjoy discussing the show, what happens behind the scenes, and the girls. This is not a fan forum, and not everyone will agree with what you post on here. Think before posting and hitting the submit reply.

FYI, the reason why the one discussion about what happen with Holly's and Tobie's private pictures was ended happened because it was a criminal offense against the both of them. Their private rights were violated. I ask the forum administrator about this before I went in and ended the discussion when it first came up last year. I am sure there are other places to discuss the crimes against the girls.

2-3 hours from DFW area. Not super far by any means but when its your child..... I know my mom was insane when I left, she tried to get me to drop out of school and stay with her forever!

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, pink317 said:

2-3 hours from DFW area. Not super far by any means but when its your child..... I know my mom was insane when I left, she tried to get me to drop out of school and stay with her forever!

lol Kelli goes "I think she's crying harder over leaving the dog"

As a parent, I would say I didn't cry when I dropped him off 4 hours away in Chicago but it was a very quiet ride home for hubby and I.  We pulled off the interstate and went to a sit down dinner at a place we had never been at 4 pm and said almost nothing.  Then got home and were in bed by 8 pm.  He said I don't belong here and I said you will be fine and you can come home for a visit in 3 weeks.  Now he had lived from coast to coast and is very independent!

• Love 1

I surprisingly cried when my parents left me at college, and my mom cried all the way home because she was so happy I cried. Motherhood makes you crazy. 

Sam is going to have so much fun! 

I surprisingly cried when my parents left me at college, and my mom cried all the way home because she was so happy I cried. Motherhood makes you crazy. 

Sam is going to have so much fun! 

• Love 4

I cried when I was dropped off, but that was partly because my grandfather had had a massive stroke the night before move-in and he wasn't expected to last very long.  He passed away the day before classes started.

College is a big adjustment, but I bet Sam will fit in just fine.  And 2-3 hours away isn't all that far.

Edited by ClosetBachJunkie
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

lol Kelli goes "I think she's crying harder over leaving the dog"

That was hilarious ... yeah I was 16 and went all the way across country for college so I thought it was a lot of tears for such a short distance but I can see how it's a big change for all of them.  I'm sure she will get the opportunity to come home for weekends - very blessed to have her family so close.  I know I wish I do.

Ladies, can we talk about Kelly's hair?  It's driven me nuts from season 1.  She's so absolutely gorgeous and her hair, as she so often puts it about other women, isn't doing her any favors.  It appears thin and flat and tortured.  I want her to either let it grow just a tad and to wear it loose and wavy (like she did on one of the calendar shoots), or, I want her to cut it into a short, sassy, face-framing geometric cut, like this:  

haircut.jpg

• Love 1

Annnnnd I *need* that yellow dress she wore for semis.  That said, you could see her Spanx squeeze-line.  Kelly, if you wear a dress in the correct size, as you did in this case, you don't need Spanx.  Trust.

Edited by Nicorleans
4 hours ago, Nicorleans said:

Ladies, can we talk about Kelly's hair?  It's driven me nuts from season 1.  She's so absolutely gorgeous and her hair, as she so often puts it about other women, isn't doing her any favors.  It appears thin and flat and tortured.  I want her to either let it grow just a tad and to wear it loose and wavy (like she did on one of the calendar shoots), or, I want her to cut it into a short, sassy, face-framing geometric cut, like this:  

haircut.jpg

Ha!  This picture is Raquel modeling a wig from her collection.

• LOL 1

Oh, I completely agree.  I believe Judy and Kelly had their hair and make-up done for each show.  

The hair guy with the man bun?  Is it me or does he look like Chazz from the LA hair salon that has gotten into BIG hot water over his shampoo line?  Did you all notice him at the salon before last night’s show? I don’t remember from past salon visits. There were two other guys featured.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Nicorleans said:

haircut.jpg

Kelli would look great with that cut ! It's sassy and flattering.

Just now, PBSLover said:

Oh, I completely agree.  I believe Judy and Kelly had their hair and make-up done for each show.  

The hair guy with the man bun?  Is it me or does he look like Chazz from the LA hair salon that has gotten into BIG hot water over his shampoo line?  Did you all notice him at the salon before last night’s show? I don’t remember from past salon visits. There were two other guys featured.

I think they use a new salon this year, I remember I think his name is Marshall? I'm pretty sure the salon is Tangerine

Just now, PBSLover said:

They changed again?  Wow.

Well they didn't do such a great job at last years salon lolll

1 minute ago, PBSLover said:

No they didn’t.  Maybe Kelli didn’t like being told she doesn’t know how to tease her own hair!

One of my favorite moments last season lol. There was nothing wrong with Jax's hair, I think it was Jax and not Bess. What's wrong with flat hair? lol+

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

One of my favorite moments last season lol. There was nothing wrong with Jax's hair, I think it was Jax and not Bess. What's wrong with flat hair? lol+

Jax's style was just bad lol I don't know if it was flat or just 'teased' weird but it was not flattering. It looks SO much prettier this year! ! I wouldn't have had a clue how to style or tease it right either lol 

• Love 2
Just now, LaurenBrook said:

Jax's style was just bad lol I don't know if it was flat or just 'teased' weird but it was not flattering. It looks SO much prettier this year! ! I wouldn't have had a clue how to style or tease it right either lol 

I'm not from the south so I would be one of those with flat hair lol I happen to like my straightened flat hair. I do admit that I want to figure out how they get their curls just right.

At the risk of going off topic I can see why they changed too. The difference between Jax before her makeover and Jax after was .... nothing. LOL I didn't think her hair looked any better.

I will miss that one guy though who teased Kelli about her hair teasing. Hope he wasn't the reason they changed because I thought he was great. The other thing I loved was his comment to Maddy about her goth hair "Do you know that's on your head?" LMAO

• Love 1
4 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

I miss Rainer. He did the BEST makeovers.

He was the best, and I thought he was hilarious. I definitely have thought makeover quality has declined since his departure, but what do I know. I looked him up a while back and it looks like he moved on to better things.

• Love 5
On August 26, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Nicorleans said:

haircut.jpg

Oh gosh, I think that shorter hair would age Kelli so much.  I love her hair as is ?

• Love 11

I really like Kelli's sassy pants dresses - I think she looks amazing - she's got a look she's going for and she kills it.  (I don't like bondage dresses myself, but it works for her).  Also, she has a large chest, and I know whenever I try to wear anything that doesn't both nip in at the waist and skim my bottom half I look like a house.  I actually wish she'd check out some of the silk rompers with the short shorts - I know it doesn't sound pretty but I went and tried one on and it was super flattering.  I looked like a Real Housewife, but it was pretty, and Kelli has gorgeous gorgeous legs.  Also she's not afraid of the mile-high Louboutins, so it would look even better ?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, raindancer said:

I really like Kelli's sassy pants dresses - I think she looks amazing - she's got a look she's going for and she kills it.  (I don't like bondage dresses myself, but it works for her).  Also, she has a large chest, and I know whenever I try to wear anything that doesn't both nip in at the waist and skim my bottom half I look like a house.  I actually wish she'd check out some of the silk rompers with the short shorts - I know it doesn't sound pretty but I went and tried one on and it was super flattering.  I looked like a Real Housewife, but it was pretty, and Kelli has gorgeous gorgeous legs.  Also she's not afraid of the mile-high Louboutins, so it would look even better ?

I thought she looked significantly bigger this year than in years past.  I was surprised at how overweight she got ... bordering on the (gasp!  dare I say it?  oh why not since it's not necessarily a bad thing) fat category.

11 minutes ago, raindancer said:

@tobeyoungagain I guess I just don't see that at all....she is absolutely nowhere near I would ever think of as "fat."  Granted I'm from the Midwest and we need enough on us so that we don't blow away in the snow, but I think she has a beautiful figure, for Texas or anywhere else.

Same. I'm with someone else who mentioned that she actually looked like she lost weight this year.  Please tell me your secrets, Kelli - i will be beyond joyful if I look like that at her age!!! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

Same. I'm with someone else who mentioned that she actually looked like she lost weight this year.  Please tell me your secrets, Kelli - i will be beyond joyful if I look like that at her age!!! 

She's definitely super classy looking and I would love to know that secret!  I was just surprised because I literally gasped when I saw her ... from my perspective, it looked like she gained a lot of weight

• Love 1

Kelli has the type of face that looks better with a few extra pounds. Judy really suits being skinny. I think Charlotte would look good if she should gained a few pounds, she's starting to look haggard and older than she is. I personally think Kelli looks great! 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, raindancer said:

I actually wish she'd check out some of the silk rompers with the short shorts - I know it doesn't sound pretty but I went and tried one on and it was super flattering.  I looked like a Real Housewife, but it was pretty, and Kelli has gorgeous gorgeous legs.  Also she's not afraid of the mile-high Louboutins, so it would look even better ?

I don’t know how old you are but a woman in her ’50’s should not wear short shorts in a professional setting (short shorts are not a great idea for work in general).  Some of Kelli’s dresses are too short, in my opinion. I think a powerful woman who is of a certain age, should wear dresses just below the knee. But that’s me. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Yet another person I'd love to be as "fat" as lol. Kelli, Caila, Kathryn Dunn, Danielle, Chelsea Chaney, Megan Sharp, any of em who've been the subject of weight stuff. We Midwest girls just cook too well. It's a badge. A fat badge.

OMG. LOVE YOU. hahahaha!!!! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

How old is she?

4 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

We Midwest girls just cook too well. It's a badge. A fat badge.

this is by far the best thing I have read all day ?

3 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I don’t know how old you are but a woman in her ’50’s should not wear short shorts in a professional setting (short shorts are not a great idea for work in general).  Some of Kelli’s dresses are too short, in my opinion. I think a powerful woman who is of a certain age, should wear dresses just below the knee. But that’s me. 

not like super short, but just short enough to show off her legs, especially if she balances it with a body-skimming, silky top with longer sleeves.  I think given that she's in entertainment as well as business she has a lot more leeway there, especially if she was to pair it with a pretty tailored jacket.  I found her a dress in a cut and color she would absolutely rock - she could pair it with a white jacket and pretty earrings and call it a day.  I even went to Belk to find it for her.

I just turned 37, and my style is much softer than Kelli's (I never met a shade of soft muted blue I could walk away from, especially if it's silk - I would feel very self-conscious in some of the bright colors she loves), but I think she looks great.  I hate the idea that there are certain lengths or cuts or anything that would preclude someone from wearing something because of age - I know what you're getting at about things being age-appropriate but I already think Kelli does that.  I don't like the idea of anyone trying to appropriate a woman's body and telling her what to wear or not because it doesn't suit their prejudices (I know this is NOT what you were doing - I'm just metaphorically shaking my fist at the patriarchy lol).    

Kelli's dress.jpg

• Love 1
11 hours ago, PBSLover said:

I agree.  Just above the knee is short enough.  And for what it is worth, once most women are past their 30s their legs really look better in fine hosiery when wearing a dress.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, raindancer said:

this is by far the best thing I have read all day ?

not like super short, but just short enough to show off her legs, especially if she balances it with a body-skimming, silky top with longer sleeves.  I think given that she's in entertainment as well as business she has a lot more leeway there, especially if she was to pair it with a pretty tailored jacket.  I found her a dress in a cut and color she would absolutely rock - she could pair it with a white jacket and pretty earrings and call it a day.  I even went to Belk to find it for her.

I just turned 37, and my style is much softer than Kelli's (I never met a shade of soft muted blue I could walk away from, especially if it's silk - I would feel very self-conscious in some of the bright colors she loves), but I think she looks great.  I hate the idea that there are certain lengths or cuts or anything that would preclude someone from wearing something because of age - I know what you're getting at about things being age-appropriate but I already think Kelli does that.  I don't like the idea of anyone trying to appropriate a woman's body and telling her what to wear or not because it doesn't suit their prejudices (I know this is NOT what you were doing - I'm just metaphorically shaking my fist at the patriarchy lol).    

Kelli's dress.jpg

That would be up to my mid thigh. Damn you long legs. 

4 minutes ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

Yeah, but at least you know K&J wouldn't tell you that the boots eat up half your leg!

True story. They would have loved my body in high school, not so much now.