Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Discussion

Glory

I took am pleasantly surprised they had Rachel fail at something but as I said above in order to avoid some of the issues that come with just a 6 month time jump they should have made her TV show crash and burn after the second season in (which would be about 3 years after the end of season 5) with her taking the brunt of the blame, leaving her with few career prospects.  It seems the writers decided that Rachel's pilot must fail and that is why she is back in Lima and wrote around that which means the reasons everyone else is in Lima are going to be contrived as heck.

What they should have done is ask a series of questions.

• First and foremost how do we get everyone back to Lima in the least contrived way possible? The obvious answer to that question is it has to be after Blaine, Kurt, Artie, and Dave graduate which means a time jump of at least 3 years.  From there they can come up with some scenarios that make sense (Blaine is taking time off between graduation and a new gig, Kurt is in between gigs, Artie comes back to do a film about arts education, Mercedes is on a break from touring, Dave just got hired on as Dalton's first football coach)
  • Next we want Rachel to be at a career low so she comes back to Lima with her tail between her legs how do we write that in?  The obvious answer is her show crashed and burned 2-3 seasons in and she is the one being blamed for it.  She burned her BW bridges and can't buy a job as an extra so she is back in Lima

I mean this isn't hard stuff.  These are basic questions the writing team should have asked.  Instead the glee writers come up with the stupidest writing ever

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2

I think the whole Rachel failing now is just a means to try and get some sympathy for her as the writers had turned alot of fans against her. But to say she will be an "underdog" is really trying to pull at heartstrings. I still can't emotionally feel anything yet for her. The writers wrote her as such a selfish know-it-all snob, who wouldn't listen to reason because she can never be satisfied with her very impressive accomplishments. So, NO for me this ploy is not working just yet. Plus a 6 month contrived time jump seems too soon for all the angst and drama they want to try and generate. Still no true mention of what Artie will be doing. And the biggest elephant in the room, how does Sue have the power to just stop ALL arts in the school? Oh Glee my hagtag crew of writers tisk tisk tisk. I still think that the final season is going to be a gigantic mess with unanswered questions as they kumbaya the last group song but hey it will be over and it seems as though Glee is taking the "we delivered you all can DEAL however you want to, fade to black we out" syndrome approach. Well glad to see Amber is returning which has been TO ME one of the best spoilers they've leaked so far. Guess we all will see in 2015 if it was a complete train wreck or just the derailing of a few of the train cars attached to the previous Season 4 and 5 wreck.

Having a tv show fail after one successful (or semi-successful) season would not be nearly as devastating for Rachel's career prospects as having it flop early on. Given that it's just six months after The Untitled Rachel Berry Project, either the network decline to pick up the show (which happens to a lot of pilots) or worse, the show aired but was a critical and ratings disaster and got canceled after the first episode. If Rachel gets bad reviews, that would pretty much kill her chances for a tv career.

Rachel's storyline could be interesting if it's handled right. I have no issue with Rachel getting some kind of opportunity before the end of the season so long as it's reasonable. I would love to see Rachel trying to mask just how badly she screwed her career, not just to everyone else, but to herself as well because let's be honest... she's the one that everyone expected to be the biggest star coming out of McKinley and she destroyed her chances by wanting too much too quickly. I can see her trying to sweet talk Kurt into staying with her rather than returning to NYADA because she has never been one who was willing to suffer alone (and it would gall her that Kurt would have what she didn't). Maybe in the finale let Rachel get word that there was an off-off Broadway show that was willing to take a chance on her and she would have the opportunity to start slowly rebuilding her career from the bottom.

I think having it fail with rumors of her being difficult to work with would dim her career prospects quite a bit.  Beyond that I think the narrative problems in everyone else's stories that come with only a 6 month time jump aren't worth the "Rachel's pilot crashed and burned so she has to come back to Lima" set-up  when they could get her in almost the same place with a failed TV show that she takes the brunt of the blame for.  That would allow for a longer time jump and not make everyone else's reasons for being back in Lima so painfully contrived.  

Edited by camussie

In defense of Sue's part in the storyline, arts programs tend to be the first things cut when budgets get slashed and I could see Sue willing to do that rather than sacrifice something else (like the athletics programs). I'm tired of her being this rabid anti-arts crusader every five minutes, only to change her mind at the end. It's tired and it's been done before (not that this has ever stopped Glee).

While it may make sense for Rachel to come back to Lima (if her career really is in complete tatters), there's no logic in Kurt, Blaine, Artie or Mercedes setting foot there for more than a day or so. The boys are still in school and starting to branch out professionally and Mercedes is touring to support her recording career. I get that they have a lot of sentimental feelings for their old choirs, but what kind of a message is it that the show wants them to sacrifice/postpone their professional prospects when they've only just started to explore them.

The writers checked out long ago. They're just collecting a paycheck and laughing at FOX for being such gullible idiots.

I don't think that the writers checked in since season 3!

Don't these people have professional pride?

Don't these people have professional pride?

Glee writers definitely have no pride nor any skills. The cast is so talented and unfortunately are stuck with these hacks until the end. I mean its to the point that I wish some fellow (good writers) would have staged an intervention or kidnapped them (sure FOX wouldn't pay a ransom for them) until the series end. Nothing they are projecting in the spoilers indicate that they have a clue of how to thoughtfully and or smartly bring this full circle. For that I lay the blame on Ryan Murphy for being so insistent that the final season would take place primarily back in Lima. I'm sure many of those writers are pondering if they will list "Glee Writer" on their resume when its all wrapped and fades to black!

I am hoping the time jump period is wrong because 6 months doesn't seem long enough for this to go down nor would it make sense for Kurt and Blaine not to be at NYADA. ::::sigh:::.

Why am I applying rationality to anything related to this cluster f*ck anymore?

I'm hoping a throwaway line by that Hollywood producer about Rachel's FG costar Paolo having been offered something similar (and blamed for the failure of the show)  was actually not a throwaway line after all. Perhaps he has some sympathy for her plight and is involved in helping her try and rebuild her Broadway career while she does her obligatory penance in Lima. 

I am truly disappointed that Will is over at Vocal Adrenalin. It doesn't work with me to have him competing against his not only his own 'children' but his own high school he attended.

He needs to lead a glee club though, and ND was disbanded. I don't love that he's coaching VA, but I don't hold it against him either. He's clearly not happy only teaching history or Spanish.

Bigger problem is where is the suspense?

Does anyone really think that Mck glee club won't get resurrected and end up winning what ever level they choose to show?

• Love 1

Oh I agree with that. I'm just not going to villainize Will for coaching VA. It's not as if he abandoned ND.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if after ND wins the competition, Rachel realizes teaching isn't her passion and hands the club over to Will.

Tbh, I wonder how Will's story line is even going to work. Will he coach VA yet still teach at McKinley( like Sue did with Aural Intensity)? That would at least allow him to interact with the other original characters.

Realistically, Rachel would have to turn ND over to Will (if that's how it plays out). it's not as if she has a college degree that would qualify her to be hired as a teacher. A college drop out who fucked her own career isn't exactly the kind of person most high schools would be looking to hire.

What I would love to see as far as Rachel goes is a renewing of her love of performing by working with ND. She's been so goal focused for the past few seasons that I feel that she's completely lost just performing for it's own sake. That would go a long way to getting her head back into the right place so that she could focus on trying to rebuild her career.

I may be among the few who really doesn't care if Rachel succeeds again or if she sees a light at the end of her selfish and self absorbed tunnel. She's had opportunity after opportunity just given to her without appreciation for any of them. They may have wrote her character as a young ambitious naive girl but when does the girl grow up to become a woman? I honestly want to see what happens to the other characters that have primarily served to be her props, admirers, and whipping boards whenever she wasn't getting told how fabulous she was. I really want to see Kurt, Santana, Mercedes, Artie and Tina get to a place were they are happy with successful futures that they won't throw away like Rachel did. I cannot buy her as an "underdog" either but more as a greedy child that can never be content. IMO one of Glee's biggest mistakes was making Rachel this object to be worshiped which only made her more unlikable to me. However the show goes in these final 13 episodes I just hope they are not consumed with everyone still rallying to Rachel to tell her she is still a "shining star" while they neglect themselves, sacrifice what they want, and become once again puppets to raise her up while the show continues to push them down. I for one never watched Glee just to have all things become about Rachel Berry and surely not for them to incorporate Blaine into the "look at our 2 shining stars" parade! Just my rant just so tired of everything having to be about Rachel just because Ryan Murphy wanted her to be so "special" and "better" than the rest of the cast. Well he pushed that BS and I didn't stop to smell the steaming hot pile of crap that it was. So here's to a good final season for the rest of the cast and I hope the writers and Ryan Murphy show them the respect they deserve for hanging in there through all the horrible writing he and his team have given them.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

"Dave may now be romantically tangled with Blaine" isn't very specific. One of my friends has been wondering if maybe they're going to resurrect a former planned story line where Kurt tries to help Karofsky find a boyfriend, except with Blaine in Kurt's place. Do we know for sure that Dave and Blaine are going to be dating?

THR article that first broke the story was kind of vague and to be fair about the MJ's spoiler, it likely could have just come from THR story because if I remember correctly she did state that she was looking for information on the actual details of that storyline and how it comes to be or whatever. So it still seems to mainly be the original spoiler of Karofsky and Blaine being romantically tied in some way without specifics. But as I at this point expect the absolute worse when it comes to Glee, I'm going with they actually end up in a romantic relationship because the fact that it will make zero sense, no one that still watches the crapfest actually wants to see it, is reason enough for the writers to do it. 

Oh Glee Season Six sounds like a hot mess. It truly does. WHY CAN'T I QUIT YOU, GLEE? I really wish I could say "hell with this, I'm not watching this" but I'm going to be watching.

Wow, I wonder what that must feel like. As I found skipping about half of S4 very easy and then watching maybe a total of 5-6 episodes of S5 very easy. I look at it this way with Glee - life is too damn short and television is supposed to be, imo anyway, an entertaining escape. When I find myself hating EVERY single character/storyline and more importantly every single writer who gets paid to put that craptastic shit on screen, it's time to move on. There's just really nothing left anymore.

At this point, I wish the cast of this show would pull a Dawson's Creek where at one point the cast collectively refused to show up for work unless the writing got fixed because it was so bad. But I know they won't because honestly I think at this point these people are just trying to get through the misery and put this show behind them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 1
When I find myself hating EVERY single character/storyline and more importantly every single writer who gets paid to put that craptastic shit on screen, it's time to move on. There's just really nothing left anymore.

While I agree with that in theory...

Apparently I'm either VERY committed, or a total masochist (or both.)

I suffered through SO MANY bad shows (including ALL TEN SEASONS of Smallville!) without giving up. It's kind of A) the train-wreck scenario, where you can't look away, and B) the committment factor. After 4 seasons, I'm committed to the bitter, bitter (and it WILL be bitter) end of this wretched show.

I think that everyone's got at least one show in their history that against better judgment they kept watching well past its expiration date (X-Files, am looking at you). Like a lot of people here, I'm seeing Glee through to the end but I've lost pretty much all the enjoyment that the show used to bring me. I've been watching since the pilot first aired and grew very attached to this show and am often surprised that I still have the level of emotional investment that I do. I get genuinely angry at the level of astonishing stupidity that's been polluting my TV for the past two seasons. But I can't bring myself to stop watching.

To save what's left of my sanity, I'm just looking at everything that happened following the season 4 finale as the most poorly written AU. In my happy little head canon, Rachel didn't turn into a raging idiot who threw away all of her professional chances and is only going to achieve any of her goals after a lot of real challenge. Kurt never reconciled with Blaine and is still happily dating Adam Crawford and making a name for himself at NYADA. The NY trio wasn't invaded by the never ending pool of suck that is Blam and McKinley vanished into a black hole.

• Love 2

So the end is near, and not soon enough.

I'm one of the few (on this board) Rachel fans who doesn't care about believability.  This show gave that up during Season 2.    I want Rachel to sing pretty songs and make me laugh and I also want her to get a hot guy.

I've never liked or cared about Amber Riley or Naya Dorsey so what becomes of their characters mean's very little to me as long as I have a Rachel B or C plot in whatever episode is devoted to them.

I don't mind Blaine-Rachel interaction, so with them being back in Lima, maybe Rachel's friendship with The Hummel has fizzled and died and she and Blaine became friends.   I could live with it as long as I got a duet.   If Karofsky and Blaine end up dating maybe they could set Rachel up with someone to help pass the time and than they could all double.  

And color me curious about Sam, I'm actually looking forward to Sam/Rachel interaction as I've always felt they played off each other very well.

For the most part I just want to see Fandoms heads hit the roof over whatever RIB have cooked up.  

However, Glee ends I am certain of this one thing: NOT EVERYONE will probably be happy. I have convinced myself that Glee writers and Ryan Murphy are all DEMENTORS. They know exactly how to suck all the joy and happiness out of its fans. I care about the majority of the cast and whether Glee defies believable scenarios or not they should at least attempt to remain within the frames of writing of which they themselves produced. So yes, I would love to see Santana and Brittany get their happy ending hell I'd be happy if they just let them have some proper conversations and affection while in the same geographical area. I would love to see Sam and Mercedes have their happy ever after I mean they gave them all these proclamations of love in season 5 (can't live without you, I love you so so much, I have this feeling we were meant to be) does all that really get erased in a 6 month time jump (hopefully they won't pull another season 4 again).  I want Kurt to be happy for himself and not be the hem holder for Rachel while she ponders what she'll do while he already seemed quite content being at NYADA. I would like to see Blaine just stop trying to control Kurt and live his own life. That the show doesn't create more new issues for Blaine and Kurt just to stroke drama and just get to the wedding already. Sam I want him to find his own dream while still getting the girl for whom he said "nothing has ever felt as real for me as my love for you" hello Mercedes. You can be an individual and still be in a relationship. Rachel well we know even if she falls Ryan will be there to ensure she rises higher and soars among and with eagles in the sky. So don't prolong self induced suffering there either for the sake of drama or to try and return her to an underdog status which most watchers will not even buy into any how. Tina at least let her finally find a guy if its not Mike that can give her the love she is so ready to give and share with someone else. Artie let him have continued success with his movie making, maybe one can be up for recognition at Sun Dance or something as long as he is happy with where he is in his life too. Really don't have much in the way of caring too much about what happens to Sue and Will or Coach Beiste they are the more mature adults in the show and should be able to figure their own paths out hopefully. Glee should in its final episodes attempt to at least have some of their fans walk away with a slight glimmer of yeah they did okay in the end instead of wow they really screwed all their fans in the end.

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

I have difficulty imagining what could possibly induce Principal Sue to relent and give up her new computer lab to a teenager who fucked up her lifelong ambition by giving up her dream Broadway role for a chancy TV pilot. It's not like Rachel is rolling in with fame or money at her back. And then there's the issue of Rachel's character. Not only has she fucked up her career, Sue actually *knows* her. What sort of glee club has its choir leader hogging the spotlight and doing all the singing?

Literally nothing about this makes sense.

And that's before we get to all those NYC arts students inexplicably getting college credit for fucking off back to Ohio to coach high school glee clubs.

It makes my brain all hurty.

• Love 1

Geez Rachel didn't even do all the singing while she was in glee club, lets not exaggerate. If we want to exxgerate character than  Mr Shue used the club to woo Emma and revisit his youth, Sandy used the club to woo boys so Rachel  wanting to interject herself into a song or two ain't half bad.  

Maybe  that will be Kurt's job working  on Sue.

Edited by tom87

I have difficulty imagining what could possibly induce Principal Sue to relent and give up her new computer lab to a teenager who fucked up her lifelong ambition by giving up her dream Broadway role for a chancy TV pilot. It's not like Rachel is rolling in with fame or money at her back. And then there's the issue of Rachel's character. Not only has she fucked up her career, Sue actually *knows* her. What sort of glee club has its choir leader hogging the spotlight and doing all the singing?

Literally nothing about this makes sense.

And that's before we get to all those NYC arts students inexplicably getting college credit for fucking off back to Ohio to coach high school glee clubs.

It makes my brain all hurty.

Yeah it will really give you a headache if you try to apply logic. Why would she even be allowed on school grounds to begin with she doesn't attend the school. She really has no claim to fame to have anyone rally around her to help put it together. Where in hell are the funds coming from to stand the club up again? Holly and April don't have any money to give her. How does Rachel even know the 5 newbies are interested and don't you need 12? Any who maybe there is a magical script somewhere and we are either going to be pleasantly surprised at the outcome or leave thinking that was some bat shit crazy stuff Glee just tried to pull off as writing. Either way after 13 episodes it will be over!

Edited by Ann Mack

Geez Rachel didn't even do all the singing while she was in glee club, lets not exaggerate. If we want to exxgerate character than Mr Shue used the club to woo Emma and revisit his youth

, Sandy used the club to woo boys so Rachel

wanting to interject herself into a song or two

ain't half bad.

Maybe that will be Kurt's job working on Sue.

There was also Emma projecting her sexual

issues onto the kids with the Celibacy Club.

In regards to Rachel, I just can't buy her WANTING to share the spotlight with others. That's not a dig on her btw. It's just her personality to want all the glory.

If we want to nitpick, however, Rachel taking over solos from the kids WOULD be wrong. We criticized the other teachers everytime they used the students in some way, so we should criticize Rachel if she makes similar mistakes.

Edited by Sara2009

Not only has she fucked up her career, Sue actually *knows* her. What sort of glee club has its choir leader hogging the spotlight and doing all the singing?

It's kind of silly to speculate how one should criticize Rachel for something that hasn't even happened.  Also, I'd hate to be forever judged based on how I acted in high school.  Plus, let's not kid ourselves, pretty much ALL the kids in Glee Club were shitty to each other one way or another, and they all wanted the spotlight/solos.  Rachel got more solos, but that wasn't her fault.  It's actually Mr. Schue's.  

Rachel certainly has an abrasive personality, but Rachel actually encouraged other people plenty of times.  She's actually done it more than any other character, but that's the nature of being a main character.  Rachel was supportive of Mercedes in the first sectionals, Kurt and his performance with the Warblers, getting Santana/Mercedes to come back after the troubletones, Mercedes in night of neglect, etc.

Anyway, everything on this show is terrible and nothing ever makes sense.  Why would the last season change anything?  Only 13 more episodes to go! 

• Love 2

There was also Emma projecting her sexual

issues onto the kids with the Celibacy Club.

In regards to Rachel, I just can't buy her WANTING to share the spotlight with others. That's not a dig on her btw. It's just her personality to want all the glory.

If we want to nitpick, however, Rachel taking over solos from the kids WOULD be wrong. We criticized the other teachers everytime they used the students in some way, so we should criticize Rachel if she makes similar mistakes.

This is a different situation she knows in the end she will not be on the stage getting the spotlight.     We know while in glee club she did help the others and she  let other sing their bit in class over and over again.   

Will Rachel still sing the most I am sure of it.   

I am pretty sure she won't interrupt every student every day and finish the song for them.  

I actually liked when Mr Shue would sing and dance with them in season one

And really the argument why would she even  be on on school grounds?  That wouldn't even make the list of  top 500  silly things glee has done.   If anything Sue would be worried she will succeed and get the club and maybe other art programs back in school.  

Edited by tom87

I have to admit that I love the title. Since the focus will be heavily on Rachel's crash and burn of a career "Loser Like Me" is more than appropriate. And as predicted, lots of "woe is me" solos for La Berry.

And is it really surprising that all but one song in the episode would be sung by either Rachel or Blaine (or them together)? Disappointing, definitely. But not surprising. And I'm totally laughing at the misuse of Let it Go - a song about empowerment in the face of the worst adversity and it's going to be wasted on Rachel just because if Lea's not copying Barbra, she's copying Indina.

The one good thing (and I'm clinging to my silver lining) is that if Kurt isn't singing in an episode called "Loser Like Me" it's because he isn't a loser. He still has NYADA and Broadway and when he comes to Lima, it's going to be as a rising star. So I don't mind him not having a ton of focus here. If anything, If Kurt appears in the first episode at all, I'm expecting him to be there merely as a counterpoint to Rachel (a rather bitter reminder to her of what she no longer has) and to be her cheerleader as she regains her confidence. I don't see any real storyline developing for Kurt this season - which has me sad but at the same time grateful since it gives the writers less chance to wreak his character.

It's kind of silly to speculate how one should criticize Rachel for something that hasn't even happened.

But expected.   I think the audience is pretty set in it's ways with regards to how they view characters.   Who can do know right.  Who can do know wrong.  Yada Yada.    This show went wrong when it started fan pandering, it didn't do it in moderation in did it in mass.   There were people that were mean't to be nothing but a background punchline and people liked them so RIB bought them forward with know plan and probably know clear idea about who the characters really were.   Those should have stayed in the back of the choir room and just made funny comments on occasion.    People who were B-Level supporting were brought forward when it wasn't their original intention and again because that wasn't the plan, RIB were lost yet determined to shove square pegs through round holes.

A Rachel song use to EASILY catapult to the top 20 on iTunes, these day's Glee is lucky if ANYTHING makes the top 100.    I have know doubt their are few, if any casual viewers left, I hope RIB pick a firm structure, pick 2 or no more than 4 characters to focus on and wrap this whole thing up.   Since Glee was SUPPOSED to be a Dark Comedy before it became a PSA about bullying (SOME bullying, certain bullying is ok according to Glee) and intolerance, I don't mind Rachel being back in Lima myself, I just hope they manage to amuse me.

I'm hoping others get little to know screen time but with my track record of not getting what I want with this show, odds are not in my favor.   But off to a good start based on song spoilers.   I do love Darren/Lea duets.   And I want to see Lea's take on "Karma Chameleon".    Don't know "Uninvited" so I'll refrain from spoiling myself and let that be my episode surprise.

Edited by Advance35

Yeah, I was wondering if I missed a post somewhere, too. So, I went a-huntin'.

The title of the Glee Season 6 premiere is “Loser Like Me”, written by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. Brad Buecker directs.

Song Spoilers including performers:

“Uninvited” by Alanis Morissette – sung by Rachel

“Suddenly Seymour” from Little Shop of Horrors – sung by Rachel & Blaine

“Sing” by Ed Sheeran – sung by Blaine & the Warblers

“Dance the Night Away” by Van Halen – sung by Vocal Adrenaline

“Karma Chameleon” by Culture Club – sung by Rachel

“Let it Go” from Frozen – sung by Rachel

Source: mjsbigblog.com

That song list sums up what's 90% wrong with this show (IMO). Ugh. Where is the diversity? Does Rachel really need three solos and a duet? I sure hope the plot supports that (ha).

• Love 2

Oh for the love of god that sounds dreadful.

I do think Ed Sheeran is perfect for The Warblers, and that's not a compliment to either. 

Word to whoever said Lea either copies Barbra or Idina, unfortunately for her she's not in the same league as either of them. 

Also Karma Chameleon is a love song written by a man about another man, Boy George is very clear about that, as are the pronouns in the song. I know Glee likes to change meanings and the gender of who is singing, but there aren't a whole lot of songs about gay relationships, they already ruined one of them, couldn't they have left this one for one half of the one gay relationship they have on screen. This seems especially stupid as it would fit Kurt's situation perfectly. 

Of course they're doing "Let it Go." Of course. A mega-hit performed by Rachel's on-screen "Mom." There's no way it wasn't going to happen. But I'm surprised they didn't line it up for last season. I'm someone who actually has affection for both Rachel and Blaine (despite the writers' best efforts) and I'm cringing at these spoilers.

WTF at that song list. Are Chord, Chris, Jane, Matt, Naya, Amber, Kevin, etc. ALL unavailable for the first episode or something? Why are there only two people singing in the first episode? I don't expect everyone to sing in everone episode, but at the very least I would have expected a Blaine/Sam and Rachel/Kurt duet thrown in there instead of having three Rachel solos.

Heh. I'm really only interested in season 6 because of Lea/Rachel, so I'm actually fairly happy with Lea singing "Let It Go" in the premiere. And Alanis, always a good thing (even though I think Naya would do her more justice).

I don't expect everyone to sing in everone episode, but at the very least I would have expected a Blaine/Sam and Rachel/Kurt duet thrown in there instead of having three Rachel solos.

I'll give you Blaine/Sam but for the love of GOD, no more Kurt/Rachel duets EVER.   Ick.   I think there has been MORE than enough of those.    I'd rather see duets with Blaine, Sam, Schue and whatever boyfriend they give Rachel.

Heh. I'm really only interested in season 6 because of Lea/Rachel, so I'm actually fairly happy with Lea singing "Let It Go" in the premiere.

Ditto.  Another thing about this being the end is that the show doesn't have to do the everyone get's to sing nonsense or everyone get's a storyline.   Only 13 episodes, what do they have to fear......that they won't get a renewal? HeeHee.

Edited by Advance35
  • Love 1

Never liked Let it go and while I usually like Idina but not a fan of  how she sounded on that song. 

I  think Naya would have been better for that particular Alanis song but who knows.

Bracing for more resentment and hate for Lea/Rachel the next 9 months.  Its been bad for years but will only get worse I see.

Edited by tom87
Bracing for more resentment and hate for Lea/Rachel the next 9 months.  Its been bad for years but will only get worse I see.

I've only recently become fond of her so the hate doesn't really bother me (it's actually been cracking me up) but I'd imagine for someone who's not a "Come-Lately", it's probably worn thin.   Look at it this way, this show is just about done and afterwards everyone will likely only follow the actors/actresses they like.   I doubt anyone in this show will be doing projects together in the future so consider it all a countdown to freedom.

Well to say I'm not exactly happy about that song list would be one helluva understatement. I know they need to set the framework for the downfall of Rachel but damn 3 solos and a duet all in the same episode is a bit extreme even by Glee standards IMO. Then what isn't a Rachel song is sung by Blaine. Not going to bitch too much about this because hey what can anyone do, if Glee wants to continue to lose its remaining few viewers just keep letting spoilers and song lists like this leak out, SMHH! But I know I seriously will not be tuning in to watch the first episode. Hopefully, the 2nd episode will have more distribution and diversity in it. Toodles!

• Love 1

I have no issue with Rachel being featured prominently since her humiliating return to Lima is going to be the catalyst to the season. But I am tired of her (and Blaine) always being treated as if her storyline is the only one that matters. I can take it for one episode, but not an entire of season of focus being fixed completely on her. I would like to know what is going on with other characters, Kurt in particular, and see how their storylines get wrapped up.

The Funny Girl debut ep was a bore to me musically with Lea singing nearly everything and this promises to be little better. It's a cheap tactic to give Lea an Oscar winning song from a hit film sung by Indina (or Darren to get a song that is still currently on the charts) to try to generate some iota of interest. I have no issue with Lea and Darren getting songs, but I'm tired of it being to the exclusion of everyone else in the cast.

• Love 1
But I am tired of her (and Blaine) always being treated as if her storyline is the only one that matters.

Her story line is the only one that matters to me =). Every story line on this show is so terrible anyway; it's almost better not to get a story line!

I'll be happy just to get a few good songs out of the season, and Uninvited, Let it Go, and Karma Chameleon should be fun.

I have no issue with Lea and Darren getting songs, but I'm tired of it being to the exclusion of everyone else in the cast.

Well, don't forget--Vocal Adrenaline gets to sing a song! Surely, that qualifies as mixing it up.

So, it's considered 'hating" on Rachel because TPTB decided to give her four out of six songs? Seriously?

Edited by indeed