Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E16: Amster-Damn

• Start Topic

Wow, 34 pages. I think my last comment was almost 15 pages ago. I'm really bored with this thread, it doesn't have anything to do with any of you, but it's because of the show itself; it has become one dimensional -- it's all Kim & Brandi, Brandi & Kim. It's not interesting. :(

Which is why I more than likely will be leaving the show, it has become tedious and predictable with the Kim/Brandy/bad sister B.S. I'm over it.

• Love 3

Let's hope we don't have to do it all over again after tomorrow night's episode.

Don't know that I will even bother. I stopped reading many of the pages of this thread. Not because of the posters but because it's the same crap Bravo doles out episode in and episode out, the K-B crap story line.

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3

I agree with all of you. I just don't have another Brandi/Kim/Kyle discussion left in me. We've beaten it to death. I'll be happy to talk about anything else and if that doesn't work, we'll can follow SwordQueen's lead and "make fun of stuff."

ETA: LisaV's hat should be good for two or three pages :)

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6

Thanks to the poster that took the time to check Monty's Instagram and put the pictures in the thread. I wish I could find that post again.

Thanks to that poster now we have graphic evidence that Kim was happy posting for pictures the day of poker night and didn't seem to be in 100% pain at all, but more important than that , we have graphic evidence that Kim didn't go to the hospital that night or the night after that because there is a picture of her the night after poker night at SUR restaurant having a great time with her daughter and a group of her daughter's friends and again no signs of any kinds of health problems.

Kim must have gone to the hospital probably a couple of days after poker night and that only means that whatever pain she was suffering during poker night was not all that bad if she was able to manage to go to another event the night after.

We are 34 pages afterwards trying to make sense of something that makes no sense because it is a 100% lie.

• Love 10

Thanks to the poster that took the time to check Monty's Instagram and put the pictures in the thread. I wish I could find that post again.

Thanks to that poster now we have graphic evidence that Kim was happy posting for pictures the day of poker night and didn't seem to be in 100% pain at all, but more important than that , we have graphic evidence that Kim didn't go to the hospital that night or the night after that because there is a picture of her the night after poker night at SUR restaurant having a great time with her daughter and a group of her daughter's friends and again no signs of any kinds of health problems.

Kim must have gone to the hospital probably a couple of days after poker night and that only means that whatever pain she was suffering during poker night was not all that bad if she was able to manage to go to another event the night after.

We are 34 pages afterwards trying to make sense of something that makes no sense because it is a 100% lie.

I wish someone would repost those pictures, maybe on the Kim thread? They were extremely interesting to me. If memory serves, the point of it was that it had taken Kim some time to settle on an outfit for Poker Night. She looked like she was having fun with it. Not like she was in 100% pain or that she had to be talked into going. She said in her blog that she didn't want to go but that Monty convinced her. 

• Love 1

Eurekagirl, have you ever seen what one of the contracts these women have to sign look like? Kim has no business being on a reality show if she wants to control the narrative to her story. The contract makes it crystal clear that they'll have the right to make fun of you, place you in a potentially very embarrassing light, unflattering editing, etc. If Kim wants privacy about her addictions then she needs to get out from being in front of a camera where she's talking about them. Kim made a choice, she knows what she signed, she knows what being on the show is like after five years and she decided that she wanted to come back. 

Kim made her drug and alcohol issues a subject of focus for the show long before "mean-spirited" Lisa Rinna ever showed up. 

Sincerely Yours, it doesn't seem like you agree that Kim was out of line at any point apart from Poker Night and this is one of many areas where we disagree. I thought it was plain as day that we saw Kim inebriated after Poker Night. I thought she was loaded when Kyle and Brandi both game to visit her, I thought she was out of it and argumentative at Kyle's mixer. She was literally arguing about what day she'd seen her sister and actually had the nerve to have attitude with Kyle like Kyle was the one who was fucked up for not knowing what day they'd talked! It was unbelievable to witness on my screen, I can't imagine having to deal with a person like that in the flesh. During the Scavenger Hunt she was grouchy, irritable, and a pain in the ass to be around from the moment they all got there.

I definitely see ongoing relapse behavior. There are numerous things to indicate this at this point. Kim hides when she knows that her behavior is indefensible.

Kim's past history is relevant because it feels like the women have been here before. The other women have been down this road before with Kim's lies and ridiculous excuses. It gets old and because Kim is rarely forced to acknowledge her bad behavior and is never made to apologize it comes across with her getting away with being a rude and aggressive liar who refuses to take responsibility for her mistakes. It isn't as though LisaR hasn't seen the show. She knows that this isn't new behavior for Kim just as the other women do. The viewers see it too. How many times can a person accidentally take the wrong meds before it becomes obvious that these aren't innocent mistakes? 

Of course she was argumentative at Kyle's function because someone started an argument with her. I'm not saying that things didn't go left at any other gathering I'm saying the other altercations didn't happen because Kim was inebriated during those times and CAUSING a scene. She may or may not have been sober or clean but point being every confrontation after Poker Night didn't happen BECAUSE Kim was drunk, high, wacked out of her brain but it's being treated like Kim's addiction was the reason for all the bad behavior throughout the season and I'm sorry I can't get on board with that logic. The TOPIC is mostly the culprit. Oh and Kim's inability to tell the other women what they want but other than that I saw a person who is annoying but is also being provoked so I mean why wouldn't you expect annoying behavior and bad reactions? We also seem to be assigning way more incidents to the season that don't really apply because we know of her history but since it furthers the Kim's an addict, asshole worse person alive label everything down to her assumed abuse of flinstones vitamins is thrown in for good measure.

These scenes happened in the context of Kim's an addict so anything goes and that's bullshit!  A lot of those confrontations were mishandled, inappropriate and downright fucked up. Regardless of what Kim lacks that doesn't mean that the truth of everyone else behavior magically becomes okay or acceptable. Kim's past, Kim's struggles, Kim's battles and challenges don't just give any Tom, Dick or Harry the insight to start screaming addict at every chance, initiate half ass interventions and demands for accountability. Pretend that some witnessed events clears you for such a level of imposition. It just doesn't and the arrogance is overwhelming. The only wagon that anyone should be on right now is the on Kim should be on, however some of these ladies seemed to have jumped on the  "let's milk the addict for a storyline" bandwagon. Oh wait, that's not the name of it it's the "let's call an addict out on their behavior" healthy mantra or something like that. <gag>

Kim should thank her lucky stars that out of five years, this little snippet at the poker party was all that was shone. There is a lot more of that behavoir in the can over the years and she has been very very lucky it never made the light of day. She should call it a day and go off and use to her hearts content without anyone questioning her.

How is she lucky? Shot or not there's enough assumptions floating around to do as much damage.

• Love 4

Thanks for the correct word...recovering alcoholic. Sorry about that. Most of the family members in my family, four just quit drinking cold turkey so they say ex-alcoholics. They never feel any pull toward drinking but don't trust they could have just one drink. Me, I've had the same peppermint schnapps for three years to add to my hot chocolate.

You are most welcome

• Love 2

Motorycity mom- Here are the requested photos.

Poker night photo :  https://instagram.com/p/sBSd11wfCa/?modal=true  Kim always keeping it classy the toilet is in the photo.

Party photo:  https://instagram.com/p/sEXrlrQfE7/?modal=true  Someone else may be able to extract the exact date

Kyle on Amsterdam and the wine glass she admits to wimping out.  She is wearing the same cape-I guess it wasn't covered in glass.  According to Kyle she is getting some flak for her flee response.  I have to go with Kyle on this on-I don't think Kim would have backed down if Brandi had not have grabbed her and pulled her back.  Kyle runs from bees so why not flying glass?  http://www.allabouttrh.com/kyle-richards-reveals-scared-kim-richards-lisa-rinna-fight/

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

Re Kim apologizing, to me if you go to someone's house and act out you should apologize, but at the same time it was a poker party where alcohol was served, and getting liquored up and loud while playing cards is a time-honored tradition.  It should be noted that three of the attendees (Brandi, Kim and Kyle) arrived, if not fully inebriated then pretty damn close, and to me if Kim owes an apology then Brandi and Kyle do even moreso because they were not just loud but they got physical and / or threatening.

Now if Kim really wants people to get off her back, apologizing is actually the smart thing to do, apologizing usually puts a bow on things and allows people to move on, at least in the short term.  However Kim was not the worst behaved at Eileen and Vince's house, Brandi and Kyle were IMO.  Kim's biggest misdeed was more subtle in that she was the one who got her drunk sister and drunker BFF stirred up resulting in their confrontation which involved grabbing, pushing and threats.

The main reason that Kim's health and welfare remained on the front burner and resentments developed was mostly due to Brandi.  Kyle and Kim may have played a part as well but that is more of a suspicion, but there's a smoking gun / video evidence of how Brandi got things stirred up.  I think that Brandi kept things stirred up because she was deflecting from her own behavior, but I don't rule out that some of Brandi's actions were, if not well-intentioned, weren't ill-intentioned either.

Kim herself put out there that if she relapses there's a good chance that the end result will be her death.  If I am part of Kim's social/work circle and am being told that things are "worse than you know," and "she will kill herself," that will be alarming to me, and whether it is totally pure and noble intentions or the self-interest of not wanting to deal with guilt if the unthinkable happens, I can see why Lisa R and Eileen wanted to reach out to Kim.   I may have a quibble with some of Lisa R's actions prior to the Calgary flight and the Amsterdam dinner, but all in all we are talking about a few conversations with the other women, a discussion in Eileen's kitchen and apparently some texts - from what I saw Lisa did not go on some kind of relentless, time-consuning and obsessive campaign regarding Kim and her sobriety.  It seems like things were cool between Kim, Lisa and the other women after the script reading, Kim seemed to have more of an issue with Eileen but that seemed more based on her not liking Eileen bad-mouthing Brandi when she, Eileen and Kyle had lunch.  Kim also said that she did not think Eileen liked her.

Things seemed to have gotten stirred up again because Brandi told Kim that Lisa R was talking about her, and it seems like Kim was also told by Kyle or someone else that Eileen was asking questions as well.  So now Kim is pissed at Lisa R and Eileen and is mean mugging Lisa R on the flight to Calgary.  Kim really was very firm that she wanted Lisa R to stop talking about her sobriety and Lisa R did seem to understand but seemed to misjudge that Kim did not want to hear another word uttered, although I suspect that Kim wanted an opening because she wanted a piece of Eileen, so I think that one way or another, at the Amsterdam dinner, Kim was going to give have a go at Eileen and Lisa R culminating in her telling them to stop discussing her sobriety or lack thereof.

I don't like Brandi, but I really don't think that I am saying this out of prejudice against her, she really was the one who kept the issue on the table and created tensions.  I also don't think that this matter was beaten to death regarding how long and extensively it was dealt with among the women.  Now some viewers may not like that how much airtime is spent on this topic, although I personally am not all that averse, but I don't think that how it played out in real time was all that objectionable.

• Love 5

Re Kim apologizing, to me if you go to someone's house and act out you should apologize, but at the same time it was a poker party where alcohol was served, and getting liquored up and loud while playing cards is a time-honored tradition.  It should be noted that three of the attendees (Brandi, Kim and Kyle) arrived, if not fully inebriated then pretty damn close, and to me if Kim owes an apology then Brandi and Kyle do even moreso because they were not just loud but they got physical and / or threatening.

I hate to say it because I am not a fan, but Kyle actually did apologize to Eileen on Poker Night. I don't remember if Brandi did, but Kyle apologized to Eileen for her part in the fracas as she was saying her goodbyes.

• Love 6

It should be noted that three of the attendees (Brandi, Kim and Kyle) arrived, if not fully inebriated then pretty damn close, and to me if Kim owes an apology then Brandi and Kyle do even moreso because they were not just loud but they got physical and / or threatening.

Also, did Lisa Rinna apologize?  I don't remember that.  She was the one that was yelling loudest when Eileen said to pipe down because her son was upstairs.  I'd have to go back and watch because I'm also almost certain that Eileen said that directly to her.  Even though it's been repeated often that it was meant for Kim.  It probably was, but Lisa's considerable lips were flapping loudly that night, too.

• Love 3

Also, did Lisa Rinna apologize?  I don't remember that.  She was the one that was yelling loudest when Eileen said to pipe down because her son was upstairs.  I'd have to go back and watch because I'm also almost certain that Eileen said that directly to her.  Even though it's been repeated often that it was meant for Kim.  It probably was, but Lisa's considerable lips were flapping loudly that night, too.

I don't remember if Lisa apologized, but you are absolutely right and I thought about that a few minutes ago that she should also be included on the list of Housewives who acted out on Poker Night. 

I hate to say it because I am not a fan, but Kyle actually did apologize to Eileen on Poker Night. I don't remember if Brandi did, but Kyle apologized to Eileen for her part in the fracas as she was saying her goodbyes.

Good for Kyle if she apologized, my main point was me expressing that IMO, Kim was not the worse offender on Poker Night in terms of acting out.  If others feel differently that's fine, but that evening became a fracas mostly due to Kyle and Brandi's overt behavior, as I said earlier Kim's biggest offense was that she got Kyle and Brandi stirred up. 

To the extent I judge Kim for not apologizing, it's because she does not want her issues dwelled upon and apologizing is a good way of closing the door on a topic, at least in the short run, and she is not smart for not issuing an apology for strategic reasons.

• Love 3

It all boils down to something so simple. Kim is afraid of losing her kids if they even suspect she's not clean and sober, they'll abandon her. What's more important than protecting that?  Kim gets a pass from me, and I hope LisaR has learned a lesson. If she wants to help someone, speak to them directly and not beat around the bushes.

Question - how is going after Harry Hamlin's personal life and possibly outing something ugly NOT going to affect and hurt his and Lisa Rinna's kids?  I think it is pretty darn hypocritical to use the kids argument when her outburst regarding Harry was the same or worse (her kids already know she is an addict... no secret there).

• Love 11

Yeah the Kingsley lawsuit

Probably not. They filmed the reunion on the 20th of Feb. Any tea afterwArds will most likely be carried over to the following season, if Brandi comes back.

Which is probably Brandi's intent with this bullshit slinging towards LVP.  

To make it appear as if she and Lisa are battling and "Look, Andy, I DO have something to bring next season!!!"

Gawd, I hope LVP just ignores her and makes her go away.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

Which is probably Brandi's intent with this bullshit slinging towards LVP.  

To make it appear as if she and Lisa are battling and "Look, Andy, I DO have something to bring next season!!!"

Gawd, I hope LVP just ignores her and makes her go away.  

I missed something. What is the new BS Brandi is slinging at Lisa V.?  

ETA: If this is too off topic, let me know and we can take it to the Brandi thread.

Edited by MatildaMoody
  • Love 1

I missed something. What is the new BS Brandi is slinging at Lisa V.?  

ETA: If this is too off topic, let me know and we can take it to the Brandi thread.

The prostitution references made above the post I quoted up there.

Apparently Brandi is currently saying that Lisa marrying a much older man who gives her diamonds is akin to being a hooker.

It appears that Brandi is trying to bait Lisa into firing back and thus trying to secure her spot next season to showcase their fight.

• Love 3

Full disclosure, I've partied a lot (like, a lot) in my day and so have my friends. But I wouldn't be friends with someone who was so ** aggressive ** in their drunk/druggie behavior that they said "fuck you" or "shut your fucking mouth" to me, called me names and insulted me, ruined the entire night for everyone, etc. And I also wouldn't be friends with a narc like Brandi!

-- cosign

• Love 1

Question - how is going after Harry Hamlin's personal life and possibly outing something ugly NOT going to affect and hurt his and Lisa Rinna's kids?  I think it is pretty darn hypocritical to use the kids argument when her outburst regarding Harry was the same or worse (her kids already know she is an addict... no secret there).

I agree.  And if I were one of Kim's kids, her addiction aside (a big aside, I know) the fact that my mother was willing to spit out humiliating, ugly gossip -- while calling another woman a beast --  that alone would make me feel deeply ashamed. So Kim was hurting her own kids in the process as well -- nobody's children were going to be protected by Kim's vicious mouth running like an overflowing toilet.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 12

Full disclosure, I've partied a lot (like, a lot) in my day and so have my friends. But I wouldn't be friends with someone who was so ** aggressive ** in their drunk/druggie behavior that they said "fuck you" or "shut your fucking mouth" to me, called me names and insulted me, ruined the entire night for everyone, etc. And I also wouldn't be friends with a narc like Brandi!

This of course is the same woman that when Yo took her arm while they were biking to show her how the Dutch girlfriends road together she thought it was 'aggressive'.  So I guess girlfriends touching = bad and shut your fucking mouth = good?

• Love 3

The prostitution references made above the post I quoted up there.

Apparently Brandi is currently saying that Lisa marrying a much older man who gives her diamonds is akin to being a hooker.

It appears that Brandi is trying to bait Lisa into firing back and thus trying to secure her spot next season to showcase their fight.

God, Brandi is such a trash box.  She oozes insecurity and jealousy.  No wonder she always looks like she could use a shower   

And, this is just me, but ~15 years isn't a huge age difference, anyway.  Here's hoping that Lisa doesn't take the bait.  I can't handle another season of the Brandi and Kim Show: Drunk and Drunker. 

• Love 12

Well, to Kim's credit, she knew that Lisa was quite apologetic to good ole Jimmy before he disappeared ... She wasn't going down without a fight, you see.

I mean, really, Kim is innocent, here. She was just trying to defend herself from Lisa "The Lips" Rinna. You know, Lisa was the one who shot JFK, and I heard that she shot the sheriff, too. That woman needed to be stopped. Kim was really working undercover for the FBI (Federal Bureau of Insanity) to flush The Lips out of hiding, by playing the part of a cracked out child star. She's an American Hero, that Kim Richards.

LOL  Thanks for the laugh.

• Love 1

The glass LisaR threw must have been the size of a showroom window. Brandi had glass all over he and in her hair, Kim was covered in glass. I'm surprised LisaR could lift it. Too bad she didn't also throw a wash cloth at Brandi.

• Love 8

I would never intentionally try to get someone to leave this show when I'm still hanging in there, but I have to say that it makes me feel better to read that a lot more people than I are sick of the storyline.  W-a-a-a-y up the page is a post by Sincerely Yours, and one sentence especially stood out to me.  It said, "If Kim wants privacy about her addictions then she needs to get out from being in front of a camera where she's talking about them."  Amen!  And, by extension, I would add that if Brandi is intent on ruining this show for everyone (her fellow cast members and the viewers), she should be dropped like a hot potato.

One thing that I can't understand -- and maybe it's my fault -- is that I seem to be the only person who is angry beyond words with Andy.  Nothing goes on the air that Andy doesn't approve.  He never seems to disapprove of anything, yet after an episode is aired, such as this one, he invites the offender to appear on WWHL, raises his eyebrows, and says essentially, "You went a little too far on that one, didn't you?"  That's how he handled Lisa R's glass smashing, and he's done it with Brandi numerous times.  What I'm asking Andy is, "Where were you BEFORE the show aired?"  If he wasn't happy with the glass smashing, why wasn't the scene edited out and a new one filmed???  He waits until the deed is done and is shown all over the internet, and then he tries to come off as Little Mr. Goody Two Shoes! 

So, we all sit here, myself included, complaining about the HWs, while Andy sits smugly in the background, escaping blame.  What's the solution?  Start a petition to have Brandi and Kim fired?  Brandi only?  Kim only?  No petition?  Just a general petition about "cleaning up the act"?  Clearly, Andy likes what the show is doing.  Do we?  I'd love to read some replies.  Thanks, friends.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

I would never intentionally try to get someone to leave this show when I'm still hanging in there, but I have to say that it makes me feel better to read that a lot more people than I am sick of the storyline. W-a-a-a-y up the page is a post by Sincerely Yours, and one sentence especially stood out to me. It said, "If Kim wants privacy about her addictions then she needs to get out from being in front of a camera where she's talking about them." Amen! And, by extension, I would add that if Brandi is intent on ruining this show for everyone (her fellow cast members and the viewers), she should be dropped like a hot potato.

One thing that I can't understand -- and maybe it's my fault -- is that I seem to be the only person who is angry beyond words with Andy. Nothing goes on the air that Andy doesn't approve. He never seems to disapprove of anything, yet after an episode is aired, such as this one, he invites the offender to appear on WWHL, raises his eyebrows, and says essentially, "You went a little too far on that one, didn't you?" That's how he handled Lisa R's glass smashing, and he's done it with Brandi numerous times. What I'm asking Andy is, "Where were you BEFORE the show aired?" If he wasn't happy with the glass smashing, why wasn't the scene edited out and a new one filmed??? He waits until the deed is done and is shown all over the internet, and then he tries to come off as Little Mr. Goody Two Shoes!

So, we all sit here, myself included, complaining about the HWs, while Andy sits smugly in the background, escaping blame. What's the solution? Start a petition to have Brandi and Kim fired? Brandi only? Kim only? No petition? Just a general petition about "cleaning up the act"? Clearly, Andy likes what the show is doing. Do we? I'd love to read some replies. Thanks, friends.

Every showrunner is entitled to run his or her show as they like, AFAIC. If I don't like the choices they make, I stop watching.

Andy owes me nothing. His creative choices are his business. I don't have the energy to write television shows.

I don't complain about this show. I like this show.

• Love 3

I just spent an hour trying to write a post about this episode, and when I finished it, I deleted it all.  I think this episode had everything in it that I hate about the direction the show is taking -- Brandi's backstabbing, Kim's whining, Lisa R's hyperactivity and violence, Kyle's weeping and wringing her hands, HWs sitting down to another meal that turns into another free-for-all in yet another country, the entire kit and caboodle.  If I liked Brandi, I'd wish she'd clean up her act.  If I cared about Kim, I'd worry about her drinking.  If I were fond of Kyle, I'd believe her tears.  If I enjoyed Lisa R., I'd wish she would wash her mouth out with soap and take a few Valium.  But, the truth is that I don't care because I don't see the show changing direction in any way except, in this episode, becoming worse.  What could possibly be next?  I'd rather not think about it.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 6

I would never intentionally try to get someone to leave this show when I'm still hanging in there, but I have to say that it makes me feel better to read that a lot more people than I am sick of the storyline.  W-a-a-a-y up the page is a post by Sincerely Yours, and one sentence especially stood out to me.  It said, "If Kim wants privacy about her addictions then she needs to get out from being in front of a camera where she's talking about them."  Amen!  And, by extension, I would add that if Brandi is intent on ruining this show for everyone (her fellow cast members and the viewers), she should be dropped like a hot potato.

One thing that I can't understand -- and maybe it's my fault -- is that I seem to be the only person who is angry beyond words with Andy.  Nothing goes on the air that Andy doesn't approve.  He never seems to disapprove of anything, yet after an episode is aired, such as this one, he invites the offender to appear on WWHL, raises his eyebrows, and says essentially, "You went a little too far on that one, didn't you?"  That's how he handled Lisa R's glass smashing, and he's done it with Brandi numerous times.  What I'm asking Andy is, "Where were you BEFORE the show aired?"  If he wasn't happy with the glass smashing, why wasn't the scene edited out and a new one filmed???  He waits until the deed is done and is shown all over the internet, and then he tries to come off as Little Mr. Goody Two Shoes! 

So, we all sit here, myself included, complaining about the HWs, while Andy sits smugly in the background, escaping blame.  What's the solution?  Start a petition to have Brandi and Kim fired?  Brandi only?  Kim only?  No petition?  Just a general petition about "cleaning up the act"?  Clearly, Andy likes what the show is doing.  Do we?  I'd love to read some replies.  Thanks, friends.

I, myself enjoyed the early part of the season, seeing the women doing their own things and getting together in small groups with little or no drama but I think most viewers were bored. The object of these HW shows for Bravo/Andy is to make money, and to do that they need to keep viewers tuning in each week. I agree that the drama is way too much, too violent both emotionally and physically but sadly, it sells. IMO, Bravo/Andy need to find a middle ground somewhere in between the early episodes and the dinner fight.

• Love 3

Kim is delusional. Her and Brandi's attempts to turn Kim's bad behaviour into a defence of Kim's family is laughable. Lisa R offered a simple apology to Kim for questioning her sobriety and Kim latched onto it like a rabid dog. She had been looking for a way to attack Lisa R since she got on the plane. As for Kyle, enough is enough. I am sick of the story line that Kyle has to somehow bond with Kim because they are sisters? I wish Kyle would cut Kim loose. Then Kim would see that she is often invited to events because she's related to Kyle, not because she's a current hot ticket. No one wants Kim and her craziness at their parties.

• Love 2

I would never intentionally try to get someone to leave this show when I'm still hanging in there, but I have to say that it makes me feel better to read that a lot more people than I am sick of the storyline.  W-a-a-a-y up the page is a post by Sincerely Yours, and one sentence especially stood out to me.  It said, "If Kim wants privacy about her addictions then she needs to get out from being in front of a camera where she's talking about them."  Amen!  And, by extension, I would add that if Brandi is intent on ruining this show for everyone (her fellow cast members and the viewers), she should be dropped like a hot potato.

I think that was me, lol. I won't speak for Sincerely Yours, but I've been getting the impression that he/she is on the other side of this particular argument.

Lisa Rinna looks great during the show, but in her TH's, she looks emaciated with her makeup gun dialed to whore setting.

I watched the Y & R for years and love Eileen --- she really is a star!

I thought Yolanda did a great job trying to keep the trip on track, and, well, dammit.....I really like her.

I love Lisa V and she can do no wrong in my eyes. Brandi was a fool to ruin that friendship. What I wouldn't give to get a personal look at her closet.

• Love 3

I call total BS on Kim's reason for being upset about her sobriety (or possible lack of) being a topic of conversation. Her children are adults - 22 and 23 years old this year. As someone upthread wrote, their embarrassment of their mother's actions over the last several episodes is what she should be worried about. And Kim actually DID say the reason that she was upset where her kids are concerned. She said (don't remember the exact words) that her kids would disown her if they found she was drinking again. So Kim's rabid reactions are due to how the end result of her kids knowing would affect HER, not her kids.

This is the first year I have watched this francise, so just wondering - has LisaR ever discussed her sister dying of an overdose before? It seems like every epi for a while now she has talked about Harry's two brothers dying of alcoholism and even Harry himself being sober for three years. Seems odd that she would continually bring Harry and his family into the conversation but not her own. I hope Harry is OK with it - I am not sure that I would be if I were him. And to clarify, not that he should be ashamed, but that his brothers I assume were not in the business so do not need to have their lives open to public consumption.

I started watching this year because of Elieen D. I have watched her on Y&R for years but have never been an fan of the character she plays. However I have come to like and even admire ED on this show - she is so level headed and seems to be a very compassionate person. I will also say that though it seems to be an UO, I love Yolanda. She always seem able to communicate with everyone on the show, again in a very level headed manner. Especially when battle lines have been drawn - not an easy line to navigate. She does it with a good heart, and I think in general is a good person.

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 1

I call total BS on Kim's reason for being upset about her sobriety (or possible lack of) being a topic of conversation. Her children are adults - 22 and 23 years old this year. As someone upthread wrote, their embarrassment of their mother's actions over the last several episodes is what she should be worried about. And Kim actually DID say the reason that she was upset where her kids are concerned. She said (don't remember the exact words) that her kids would disown her if they found she was drinking again. So Kim's rabid reactions are due to how the end result of her kids knowing would affect HER, not her kids.

This is the first year I have watched this francise, so just wondering - has LisaR ever discussed her sister dying of an overdose before? It seems like every epi for a while now she has talked about Harry's two brothers dying of alcoholism and even Harry himself being sober for three years. Seems odd that she would continually bring Harry and his family into the conversation but not her own. I hope Harry is OK with it - I am not sure that I would be if I were him. And to clarify, not that he should be ashamed, but that his brothers I assume were not in the business so do not need to have their lives open to public consumption.

I started watching this year because of Elieen D. I have watched her on Y&R for years but have never been an fan of the character she plays. However I have come to like and even admire ED on this show - she is so level headed and seems to be a very compassionate person. I will also say that though it seems to be an UO, I love Yolanda. She always seem able to communicate with everyone on the show, again in a very level headed manner. Especially when battle lines have been drawn - not an easy line to navigate. She does it with a good heart, and I think in general is a good person.

I tend to believe that she has brought it up but it didn't make the cut until that dinner. Harry Hamlin is pretty well known name who also wrote a memoir that included his family's struggles with addiction, so the editors probably thought it made more sense to show scenes of her talking about his brothers - especially since his loss was so much more recent. 

• Love 2

It's so insane to me that we live in a country where binge drinking is so socially acceptable that it's almost expected at all football games and concerts but then a group of adult woman fret about eating a weed cake because they are parents.

I didn't think the dinner was an invention.  I thought Kim could have deflected Lisa easily with just accepting her apology and moved things on.  No doubt Kim has had enough interventions to be wary of any organized dinner parties at this point though; Also I think she drinks before any filming.  Her bizarre excuses, reasoning, and outrage make me think things are much much worse than her sloppy behavior initially made me think.  I think Kim really needs strong medication, and it seems like she has a severe anxiety disorder just the way she sometimes talks, I'm not sure how easy it is to get benzos in CA, it's impossible for me in OH, but I'm sure she finds a way and thinks theres nothing wrong with her abusing those.

Very hard to get benzo here. Or anything else for that matter. I regret moving here because with MRI's in hand and loads of records for PTSS and spinal diseases they treat you like a criminal. Severe panic attacks sucks but I'm not a mean bitch either;)

I live in Northern California and have a prescription for adivan, have had my medical coverage changed from private (Kaiser) to Medicare and my new doctor had no problem prescribing it.  Actually I hurt my shoulder and she wanted to give me xanax on top of the adivan. I actually had to reminder her of the adivan.

I almost forgot to mention this because there was so much happening in the last two episodes. When Kim came to LisaR's room to basically manipulate her into apologizing again, I could have sworn that I actually saw the moment when LisaR realized that it was best to pretend everything was fine. 

Kim had started rambling about her kids and how she only took the one pill and it wasn't a relapse, and for a split second LisaR looks like she is about to correct her. And then, you can just see her realize what level of delusion she was dealing with and she either closed her mouth or just said "I am sorry." It's a little hazy now with all of Kim's fuckery, but I kept trying to remember to post that here after the episode aired. Because LisaR's behavior after that totally made sense. It was a very small moment, but it is the moment of resignation on her part.

• Love 5