Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Remember

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

scenes like this that keep being thrown into the narrative that bother me. If they aren't going to pair them up, then the scenes need to stop. I don't mean friendship or bonds, I mean the quasi-flirtation.

Speaking personally, I flirt and tease with friends - and I have no romantic/sexual interest in them (and vice versa).

For instance, if my friend looked like an animal had died on his face and he suddenly turned up all clean-shaven and whatnot, you bet your ass I'd be all "lookin' GOOOOOOOD!" and he'd know I wasn't about to climb him like a tree. :)

Carol is drawing a map of the community. So, I think she just grabbed a stack of paper and a pen, and she's using them to give her group some tactical edge in case of need. The ASZhats (love that, by the way) have home-court advantage, but at least, thanks to Carol, CDB wouldn't be going in blind.

I loved that. Carol is scarily prepared for the shit to hit the fan; she's planned her moves so far in advance. I do wonder how much was planned with Rick (and maybe Daryl?) considering Rick's subtle nod to her after she played weak with removing her gun, and the end scene of the three of them on the porch...

• Love 8

And I can understand everyone wanting to stay in the same house, but DAMN, I'd at least sleep in a bed or on a couch instead of the floor.

That bothered me. If they only felt safe sleeping together in that room, why didn't they move in some mattresses and couch cushions?  I'd have insisted on that . . . and on showers for everyone before bedtime.

Quickly, before my main point;  Am I the only one struggling with the actual belief that that is her real name?  Apologies to those this might apply to or might offend, but somehow I think the popularity of using the name Enid for a girl died out quite some time before she popped out her mom's birth canal.

Let's see, we've got a young adult named Glenn and a kid named Carl . . .  I quit questioning TWD's unusual character names long before Baby Judith was born.

• Love 3

Speaking personally, I flirt and tease with friends - and I have no romantic/sexual interest in them (and vice versa).

I know that happens a lot, but with the long and complex history between Rick and Michonne, I think it takes on another context then if, let's say Carol (who also has a long history with Rick but one that hasn't had any real undertones or any winking toward the audience), teased him that way. 

But I realize most don't agree with me here on this subject.

• Love 2

I found this link at Reddit.

http://www.amctv.com/TWD360/alexandria-tour/

I'm going to have to watch the episode again, because whenever they were in those lovely houses, I was looking at the paint colour on the walls. I've been trying to pick something for months now. The link is a google maps tour of what we've seen so far.

So why are the lawns and yards  such a mess in Stepford?  Seems out of place with the overall idea of their little utopia.

• Love 2

When Thing 1 asked Carl "Wanna play a video game?" - did it strike anybody else that Carl had a short-but-strong spasm of emotional turmoil? For a second, I thought he might burst out into tears. I got a major impression Carl still has juvenile memories of the Good Old Days, when he could get still excited about the new FPS just released for the XBox; he's had to grow up so fast in the ZA, though, he no longer relates to the kid he used to be. He still has the memories, of course, but they're shrouded behind a veil of experience; remembering them is like watching a movie about another person. And - just for a second - he recognized that "other kid" as himself, and missed being him. For just a second.

The Carl moment that brought me to tears was in his interview that he corrects Deanna that he didn't LOSE his mother, he KILLED her.  It had to be him.  This is what this 14 year old carries around in his head - and will forever.  It always bothered me that Rick fell apart after Lori died and therefore did NOTHING to deal with Carl's pain. 

• Love 5
(edited)

My quotey thingy isn't working so bare with me...

I don't know when you all grew up, but when I was an early teen in the mid 80's the early teen boys were totally trying to get some.  Granted it could have been that I had DD's at age 13, but still.  They were interested in waaaaay more than video games.

Did Carl's horrible make up job in that scene bug anyone else?  He had on a dark foundation that looked almost clownish.  For a show that deals a lot with makeup you would think matching his skin would be a cinch for them.

I'm going to throw all my cards on the table and say that their personas were planned.  They knew they were auditioning before they got there.  They've even talked before about what they would tell people when they met them on their way to Terminus, so it is something that has been on their mind.  The look Carol gave Rick after fumbling with her gun and the blink and you missed it nod he gave back is what cinched this theory to me. 

Granted Carl has always been a "look what I did!" kid, but I still do not see why he would just open up enough to be like "I killed my Mom.  It had to be me."  No, it doesn't seem realistic.  I'm imaging some flashback scene where they are all talking about it while Erik and Aaron are in the other room sleeping.....

When Rick said "We'll just take it" I don't think he meant it sinister.  I think he meant if they don't step up then he will because let's face it, they probably won't ever find anything better than ASZ.  He doesn't want to lose it, and he will take control to keep it safe.  He doesn't want to eat people, he doesn't want to throw them all out - he just wants them to wake up or he'll wake them up.

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 4

It always bothered me that Rick fell apart after Lori died and therefore did NOTHING to deal with Carl's pain.

I hated Rick then. His monumental "Look at me! See how I grieve!" guilt theatrics, while his child stood there alone, made me want to punch him.

• Love 4

I know that happens a lot, but with the long and complex history between Rick and Michonne,

But do they really have a long history? Didn't Michonne turn up while they were already at the prison? So...haven't they really only known each other a few months?

It's been an intense few months, for sure, but still...not like she's one of the original group...

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't think of course they're raping her on a daily basis.

But...all your stuff about teenage boys and girls is for this world. Not the ZA world.

At this age boys in our world are figuring the buttons on video games...but for a long time before this age Carl has known how to kill. How to use many different weapons in a human's skull for best effect. How to clear a home and scavenge. etc.

That's true of both Carl and Enid, but not necessarily Things 1 and 2*. Regardless of what Mom and Pop might be up to, these two strike me as the ZA equivalent of The Boy(s) In The Plastic Bubble. Sure, they may have some degree of awareness about terrible, horrible things happening to the world Outside the Wall; inside the Wall, however, life is pretty good. No cable, but they still have video games - and school hours are drastically curtailed, so they have plenty of time to play them, or read comic books, or whatever.

And Carl was almost raped himself.

I'd be of the opinion that experience would make Carl less likely to be sexually aggressive toward Enid, not more - but YMMV.

Relationships probably are not the only way young girls in the ZA are being contacted by young boys or any age man.

I don't think "relationship" describes what is happening to most females in the ZA, and most males of any age can be fuzzy about what the word means because most of them aren't thinking of that and don't give a shit.

Understood. When I used the term "relationship " I wasn't thinking in terms of dating, or "going together", or any other social entertainment connotation; I was referring to fundamental psychological levels of human interaction. Which could be really good, or really really bad. If the word "relationship" sounds too cutesy for what's going on in the ZA, I apologize - but I couldn't think of anything better. I'm open to alternatives. :)

In the ZA girls or women of any age do not have all the power; in relationships, where to be, when they can leave, etc

Just because it's Alexandria means little to me; when Rick talked about killing people the Congresswoman was very blase about sending people out into the shit and it being equivalent to death. They may be clean and well-dressed and fed, that doesn't mean they are moral.

Back to my Bubble Boys perception. The old Em and Pee may be up to some hijinks - but if they are, I don't think the ASZ kids are in on it. To me, they come across as pretty clueless - and not very bright. The rope ladder out the attic window? In a vacant house? Really? Once they got in, they thought a rope ladder hanging out the window and banging against the side of the house was less conspicuous to their parents than, say, oh, I don't know - coming downstairs and unlocking the back door, maybe? Geez....

My point -and I do have one - being this: sounds to me like the vast majority of the ASZhats landed in this neighborhood VERY early on in the collapse, and their every action since has been to limit interaction with the post-ZA clusterfuck to an extreme minimum and to as few people as possible. Some poor schmuck's name may come out of the hat to periodically replace someone unlucky enough to get killed on a run - but for the rest, they continue to try making the fiction of Living A Nice Normal Life a reality through repetition for themselves and their families - especially the kids. Which makes me think that, other than a few days or maybe a week of Bad Days at the very beginning, most of the families (and the kids in particular) have the mindset that - if you overlook the walls and the snarling noises you occasionally hear on the other side - life now is pretty similar to pre-ZA life. Just without TV or Internet. Which makes me think their social interaction perspectives are similarly arrested.

ETA:

* Yeah, I know they have names; I'm not particularly worried about learning them at present, though. Maybe later, if they act like something useful to pay attention to....

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 6

Right on Nashville, those boys seemed like the town idiots compared to Carl, and Enid couldn't have been more disinterested if she tried.

I just hope nothing truly horrible happened to her, as we know what life can be like for girls/women in the ZA.

• Love 2
(edited)

That's true of both Carl and Enid, but not necessarily Things 1 and 2*. Regardless of what Mom and Pop might be up to, these two strike me as the ZA equivalent of The Boy(s) In The Plastic Bubble. Sure, they may have some degree of awareness about terrible, horrible things happening to the world Outside the Wall; inside the Wall, however, life is pretty good. No cable, but they still have video games - and school hours are drastically curtailed, so they have plenty of time to play them, or read comic books, or whatever.

I'd be of the opinion that experience would make Carl less likely to be sexually aggressive toward Enid, not more - but YMMV.

Understood. When I used the term "relationship " I wasn't thinking in terms of dating, or "going together", or any other social entertainment connotation; I was referring to fundamental psychological levels of human interaction. Which could be really good, or really really bad. If the word "relationship" sounds too cutesy for what's going on in the ZA, I apologize - but I couldn't think of anything better. I'm open to alternatives. :)

Back to my Bubble Boys perception. The old Em and Pee may be up to some hijinks - but if they are, I don't think the ASZ kids are in on it. To me, they come across as pretty clueless - and not very bright. The rope ladder out the attic window? In a vacant house? Really? Once they got in, they thought a rope ladder hanging out the window and banging against the side of the house was less conspicuous to their parents than, say, oh, I don't know - coming downstairs and unlocking the back door, maybe? Geez....

My point -and I do have one - being this: sounds to me like the vast majority of the ASZhats landed in this neighborhood VERY early on in the collapse, and their every action since has been to limit interaction with the post-ZA clusterfuck to an extreme minimum and to as few people as possible. Some poor schmuck's name may come out of the hat to periodically replace someone unlucky enough to get killed on a run - but for the rest, they continue to try making the fiction of Living A Nice Normal Life a reality through repetition for themselves and their families - especially the kids. Which makes me think that, other than a few days or maybe a week of Bad Days at the very beginning, most of the families (and the kids in particular) have the mindset that - if you overlook the walls and the snarling noises you occasionally hear on the other side - life now is pretty similar to pre-ZA life. Just without TV or Internet. Which makes me think their social interaction perspectives are similarly arrested.

ETA:

* Yeah, I know they have names; I'm not particularly worried about learning them at present, though. Maybe later, if they act like something useful to pay attention to....

Yeah, and I didn't mean Carl would be a rapist himself; more that he knows about stuff he shouldn't experience or see at that age.

I always think about Randall's story about the father and his two daughters---"they were real young and..."

Or the Merletone telling Daryl : "The real young ones, they don't last too long out here."

Those two other boys probably are safe.

But the place just makes me think of a Potemkin village, and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm sure the people only want the fiction of normalcy, but they were drinking lemonade at Woodbury while some shady shit happened.

That probably makes me crazy like Rick in the barn  But , for what it's worth, I also think gun cart girl is going to be squirrelly too.

I think this show has made me paranoid. I'm overthinking this?

Edited by kikismom
  • Love 1

Yeah, and I didn't mean Carl would be a rapist himself; more that he knows about stuff he shouldn't experience or see at that age.

True of Carl, and probably Enid as well. I'm dying to hear her backstory.

I always think about Randall's story about the father and his two daughters---"they were real young and..."

Or the Merletone telling Daryl : "The real young ones, they don't last too long out here."

Those two other boys probably are safe.

But the place just makes me think of a Potemkin village, and I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I'm sure the people only want the fiction of normalcy, but they were drinking lemonade at Woodbury while some shady shit happened.

That probably makes me crazy like Rick in the barn  But , for what it's worth, I also think gun cart girl is going to be squirrelly too.

I think this show has made me paranoid. I'm overthinking this?

Not necessarily. I'm right there with you that at some point, that other shoe's gonna drop and these Nice Normal People have to become true ASZhats to survive. In the ZA, the question is never "If?"; not any more. It's ALWAYS "When?"

One thing, though: if the Sunshine Boys *do* take a page from the Great Big Grady Book O' Rape when TSHTF, they'll lose. Raw survival may be something new and frightening to them, but to Carl and Enid (probably - DAMMIT give me some backstory!!!) it's old hat. And I'll daresay that when Thing 1 and/or Thing 2 are stealing surreptitious glances at the cute girl reading comic books on the bed, it doesn't even enter their minds she has a hidden knife handy somewhere to put them down should someone try to get too frisky....

;>

• Love 2

"Enid" is a weird name choice for a girl that age.

I'd rather it be Enid (or even Gertrude) than friggin' Madison, Kennedy or Brittney. 'Course, I probably shouldn't talk. When I was that age most of the girls I knew were Debbie, Susan or Linda, very trendy in the prehistoric age.

• Love 7

I'd rather it be Enid (or even Gertrude) than friggin' Madison, Kennedy or Brittney. 'Course, I probably shouldn't talk. When I was that age most of the girls I knew were Debbie, Susan or Linda, very trendy in the prehistoric age.

Yes!! Debbie/Susan/Linda was the shit back then.lol

• Love 2

I took the virtual tour of ASZ over at AMC (http://www.amctv.com/TWD360/alexandria-tour/), and I was shocked by a couple of things I saw there. For one thing, I assumed it was a lot bigger than it is. Then there are no secondary and primary fences, just the one; I'm no architect, but why would you make your supporting beams so vulnerable to attack or override? (Although maybe strategic security wasn't an actual part of the pre-ZA curriculum.) The building marked on the map as the watchtower is outside of the fence line - and it looks as if it had been attacked already. The only other high spot for surveillance or defensive shooting is the church steeple, which is also outside of the fence line. To quote Daryl: "What the hell, people?" I'm guessing that there's a story behind those decisions that we haven't heard yet. I mean a story other than, "Oops. Our bad." It's interesting (to me, anyway) that the Monroes live in what looks like a block of condo apartments. Or maybe they're row houses like in Boston's Back Bay area. Either way, they didn't choose a house next to the fence. That's no accident.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have a weirdo old fashioned name. I've only ever met one other person with my name and we were high school classmates. It's a family name. I wanted to be a normal named person. My name is only seen (and rarely at that) on poor, fat, southern, trailer park trash type characters. Kind of the female equivalent of Merle (no offense to the Merles out there). It should be showing up soon on TWD.

Edited by CarpeDiem54
  • Love 3

I took the virtual tour of ASZ over at AMC (http://www.amctv.com/TWD360/alexandria-tour/), and I was shocked by a couple of things I saw there. For one thing, I assumed it was a lot bigger than it is. Then there are no secondary and primary fences, just the one; I'm no architect, but why would you make your supporting beams so vulnerable to attack or override? (Although maybe strategic security wasn't an actual part of the pre-ZA curriculum.) The building marked on the map as the watchtower is outside of the fence line - and it looks as if it had been attacked already. The only other high spot for surveillance or defensive shooting is the church steeple, which is also outside of the fence line. To quote Daryl: "What the hell, people?" I'm guessing that there's a story behind those decisions that we haven't heard yet. I mean a story other than, "Oops. Our bad." It's interesting (to me, anyway) that the Monroes live in what looks like a block of condo apartments. Or maybe they're row houses like in Boston's Back Bay area. Either way, they didn't choose a house next to the fence. That's no accident.

I took that tour, too. There are lots of burnt out and trashed houses right outside the fence. It's like they just fenced in a small part of that subdivision. And why are the freaking braces on the outside of the wall? Any band of Claimers and Merletones could shimmy up those things.

• Love 2

See now, if there are houses that look destroyed right outside of the gates that makes me fishy. If someone was ransacking the area, why not try to breach the walls? For all their bluster, it really doesn't seem hard.

• Love 1
(edited)

See now, if there are houses that look destroyed right outside of the gates that makes me fishy. If someone was ransacking the area, why not try to breach the walls? For all their bluster, it really doesn't seem hard.

I'd guess if any ransacking happened, it was probably by them, as they slowly widened their circle. If I were in that compound, I'd start my supply runs by ransacking the places closest and then move out once they were emptied, but that's just me. Plus, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Deanna's douchebag son was responsible for the destruction Edited by Pixel

I took the virtual tour of ASZ over at AMC (http://www.amctv.com...lexandria-tour/),

That was very interesting, thanks! You'd think they'd put some garden spikes or some other deterrent on top of the fence, and yeah, the reinforcements should be inside. I'm surprised on one in CDB mentioned that, but maybe once they get their bearings they will.

My name is only seen (and rarely at that) on poor, fat, southern, trailer park trash type characters. Kind of the female equivalent of Merle

I saw an "Earlene" on Judge Judy and she looked pretty much as you described.

• Love 2

I think he might have been showing his interest in Enid while making sure that Carl knows it and back off. Enid probably didn't do anything because she doesn't want to cause wave. 

Enid didn't do anything because she's a secret ninja who knows she could kill every boy in the room in about three seconds, if she wanted to.

• Love 3

I counted about maybe a dozen houses inside the fences. I may be off since the scenes shift, but there don't seem to be many homes within the walls.

Clicking on the map, I saw 12 houses, one building that could be either a smaller house or outbuilding and a large block of stacked townhouses. The number of gates (4!) is disturbing, especially since they have roads leading straight to them, seemingly unobstructed, which makes it possible to breach them by ramming with a heavy vehicle. The bracing on the outside (WTF) looks insufficient to keep them up if enough force is brought to bear on them.

• Love 2
(edited)

I have two little nitpicks about this episode.

1)  Daryl shoots that possum before they enter ASZ.  It looks like he doesn't bother to but it until the next day.  Anyone who's a hunter knows that you gut your kill as soon as possible, as it's the guts that start to rot first (being filled with bacteria).  That possum should be smellier than a pig sty and bloated to boot.

2)  When Rick was showering/shaving, he had a consistent tan all over his body.  Now I doubt that he walked all that way from Atlanta shirtless.  He should have had a farmer's tan at best.  We saw his pale skin when he burnt the pig sty at the prison, so what gives?  And once that beard was gone, his face underneath should have been ghostly white, as it's not seen the light of day for months.

1. Daryl is rebelling against the ASZ by using rancid possum guts as deodorant.

2. I've got a few guesses.

Hypothesis A: Rick has absorbed massive quantities of tannins, from all the acorns he eats. He has learned how to crush them up, eat them raw, and then regurgitate them back up for Judith, like she's a baby bird, after most of the tannin has been absorbed into his own system. He's been very slowly increasing the levels that he lets her digestive system deal with, so that eventually she would have been a lot less sunburn-prone. And it would have worked, too, if it weren't for that meddling ASZ!

Hypothesis B: Rick is still dirty, because there were only 963 bars of soap in the entire town.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2

In the timeline/universe in which they live, there is no zombie trope. There is no such thing, in stories or anywhere else.

I seem to remember in the episode where it's raining zombies through the roof of the Walmart (or whatever), that Michonne gets startled by the cardboard cutout of a zombie. It was a display for an energy drink or something, and the moment was pretty funny. It's beacuse of this that I thought there was some zombie lore floating around in their world. I could be way off though

I was getting total "Ghost World" vibes off of the video game scene. Obviously because of the name "Enid" but also her major snark and love of comic books.

Loved it.

• Love 2

1. Daryl is rebelling against the ASZ by using rancid possum guts as deodorant.

I wonder how Deanna got the smell out of her room when Daryl left. Used to work with a guy who didn't believe in deororant. When he passed by, the smell could knock you over and it lingered. I don't even want to imagine the various types of  effluvia wafting around ol' Daryl.

• Love 2
(edited)

You know, this Sunday was the first time I ever maxed out the number of daily "Thanks" you're allowed to give here. I'm sure I've come close before, but never actually hit the magic number.What is it? 99? 100? But on Sunday, I hit it early. 

I did not even use up that quota the night that Carol blew up Terminus. Or the night we discovered that there was such a thing as "lollicops."

Hopefully this conveys some idea of how much fun this ep has been to discuss here. And still is.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 12
(edited)

So why are the lawns and yards  such a mess in Stepford?  Seems out of place with the overall idea of their little utopia.

I'm thinking in a post-za world things like mowing the lawn seem really trivial and a waste of time. Also, are you really going to waste fuel on it? Put gas in a mower or use electricity to power it? Or even use your manpower with a push mower when they could be using that energy for actual productive work?

Edited by 90PercentGravity
  • Love 2

Forget the zombies, the real enemy here is personal hygiene! God I so related to Rick in that shower scene. If I was in any place that had a shower in Zomebieland, I would go running for the first stall I could find. Even if they try to eat me afterwards, or just want to cackle evilly, at least I`ll be clean!

• Love 1

Does anyone know where they filmed the Alexandria scenes? I don't remember any areas like that in Senoia, though, to be fair, I haven't been down there in a few years. The style of the houses and the larger building in the background look a lot more like intown or hell, maybe here in Smyrna. But all I can find via Google is that they filmed much of the end of the season in Senoia. Just curious!

Forget the zombies, the real enemy here is personal hygiene! God I so related to Rick in that shower scene. If I was in any place that had a shower in Zomebieland, I would go running for the first stall I could find. Even if they try to eat me afterwards, or just want to cackle evilly, at least I`ll be clean!

It was so realistic (besides his mostly tan body) when he took his shower.  That shot of his feet...The big ring 'o dirt on the shower floor and his patchy red gross looking feet we saw seemed really accurate for someone taking a shower in God knows how long...

• Love 2

wonder how Deanna got the smell out of her room when Daryl left. Used to work with a guy who didn't believe in deororant. When he passed by, the smell could knock you over and it lingered. I don't even want to imagine the various types of  effluvia wafting around ol' Daryl.

I worked with in a hotel kitchen with a guy who not only did not bathe often enough, but also drenched himself with some horribly scented product that was worse than his phenomenal BO.  You could see people trying to hold their breath near him and you could actually make people start gagging by merely mentioning his bad stench on his days off.   I kept imagining Deanna pulling out a high heat steam cleaner every time an interview was done. Also, there appear to be a lot of scented candles in her living room, just saying.

• Love 6
(edited)

Maybe the fence is built that way, with the stupid supports pushing inward, because they want bad people on the outside to look at it and think, "Dang, must be a buncha walkers in there that someone's trying to keep from escaping!" 

Okay, no. I know that's not it. But I'm really having a hard time with the "architecture" of that thing. I can barely put together Ikea furniture and even I know how crazy that fence is.

Edited by Tippi Blevins
  • Love 5
(edited)

I think a good idea would be to put up another fence further out.

Another solid, opaque, ASZ style fence, not just bars or chain-link.

And write warnings all over it:

Contaminated

Everyone Dead

ASZmunchers inside

Danger

Do Not Enter

Tonight Only: The Comedy Stylings of Carrot Top

Pile up Rick's old clothing and Daryl's possum guts around the inside of that final perimeter, and I think you'd be pretty much left alone.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 14

Pile up Rick's old clothing and Daryl's possum guts around the inside of that final perimeter, and I think you'd be pretty much left alone.

Don't forget Rick's beard hair!

• Love 3
(edited)

Two things that bugged me about this episode.  First, after Glenn/Noah/Tara & the two douches returned to the camp, the gate was left open.  Then Rick and Carl come in, the gate is still open.  Then Enid wanders in.  And the gate was still open.  Then it was finally closed.  If I'm living in the ZA, I'm closing the gate after I walk in, even if there's another dude on the outside waiting to open it for friendlies.  Hell, I do that with my front door so my pets don't get loose, and there's nary a zombie around my house...yet ;)

Can't get this out of the quoted section, sorry.

That scene drove me crazy. Secondly both Enid and Carl snuck out yet no one questions why they saunter in with everyone else. Of course there is no excuse for Rick not asking why Carl was out when they met up for the zombie killing. 

Also, they had the guy (can't remember his name) following the group, which means they seen Carol in action. I'm sure he has told Deanne everything he has seen the group handle and the dynamic of the group. So while what Carol is doing is smart, I don't think it is working because Deanne already knows too much.

I don't think there was much for them to observe of Carol.

Edited by Iguessnot

I don't think there was much for them to observe of Carol.

My thoughts exactly. Depending on how long Aaron was scouting them, all he really would have seen was the bridge scuffle and Sasha shooting the dogs.  Carol has probably been taking it as easy as she could to recuperate from getting hit by the car. Aaron probably saw the group's ability to efficiently deal with the walkers they needed to and avoid the rest.

• Love 3

Does anyone know where they filmed the Alexandria scenes? I don't remember any areas like that in Senoia, though, to be fair, I haven't been down there in a few years. The style of the houses and the larger building in the background look a lot more like intown or hell, maybe here in Smyrna. But all I can find via Google is that they filmed much of the end of the season in Senoia. Just curious!

113 Morgan Street, Senoia, GA puts you right at the ASZ main gate entrance.

(edited)

I hated Rick then. His monumental "Look at me! See how I grieve!" guilt theatrics, while his child stood there alone, made me want to punch him.

True, but the deliciously hilarious acting by Andrew Lincoln in that scene was totally worth it.

I'm going to throw all my cards on the table and say that their personas were planned.  They knew they were auditioning before they got there.  They've even talked before about what they would tell people when they met them on their way to Terminus, so it is something that has been on their mind.  The look Carol gave Rick after fumbling with her gun and the blink and you missed it nod he gave back is what cinched this theory to me.

I really wish we could give these numnuts enough credit for that. If anything, I saw Rick's nod as more of a "I see what you're doing, and good idea, I'll play along" nod in reaction to her improvization.

I think he might have been showing his interest in Enid while making sure that Carl knows it and back off. Enid probably didn't do anything because she doesn't want to cause wave.

I really don't care who touched who and who is raping who and who is turned on by who...this show doesn't really need a teenybopper One Tree Hill subplot, despite how much I love to snark at this show...

It was so realistic (besides his mostly tan body) when he took his shower.  That shot of his feet...The big ring 'o dirt on the shower floor and his patchy red gross looking feet we saw seemed really accurate for someone taking a shower in God knows how long...

Didn't the prison have working showers?

Edited by AndySmith