Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Remember

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Remember that this thread is devoted only to discussing Episode 12: Remember.

If you want to discuss the episode before airing, please go to the Pre-Chat and Speculation thread for this episode.

And remember - Please be respectful with your comments and opinions and NO COMIC SPOILERS. Minor spoilers should be spoiler tagged. Any talk about the Comics, please go HERE.

(edited)

Oh great, something worse than zombies, politicians and frat boys.

You go Glenn with your badass self.

If Rick can shower and get a haircut, so can Darryl.

The end scene with Rick, Carol, and Darryl was interesting.

Rick, "Sasha."  Sasha shoots zombie in the head = excellent.

Darryl and the possum was funny.  "We brought dinner."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 23
(edited)

I cannot get over Rick's final comment about if those people cannot make it, that they will take this place. These people are waaaay out of their depth with Rick's group. 

Michonne so wants to believe. I hope that she is right.

Loved Glenn laying out Aidan and Daryl joining in.

Carl cannot be a normal kid again. He is faking it like Carol is.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 21

I was really disappointed they weren't ALL racing for showers, lol. Was Darryl the only one who hadn't by episode ending? Love ur first comment TigerLynx. Just don't feel right about this place yet. I hope since pace is slower, PTSD or whatever doesn't set in. Looks like it may with Carl...

• Love 1

I cannot get over Rick's final comment about if those people cannot make it, that they will take this place. These people are waaaay out of their depth with Rick's group. 

I found it interesting that Rick said that to Carol and Daryl, not Michonne.

• Love 19

Hooray! Rick got a haircut! I actually didn't mind the beard, but so glad the hair is gone. Um....but....Rick just gets scarier and scarier. "We might just take this place. Mwahahahahahaha". Damn. 

Carol was cracking me up. She sure knows how to play the game, with her repainting of the past and little cardigans. 

Daryl does NOT fit in. Doesn't want to. If they stay here, it's really going to highlight the pre ZA differences between them. 

I'm with my sage, Carl - "These people are weak. I don't want us to become weak too."

Damn straight. Did you see how they handle runs and walkers? As if walkers intentionally kill people? Idiots. And don't fuck with Glenn Rhee!

So, do we think Enid took Rick's gun?

My favorite part? Rick setting the time on his watch.

• Love 15

I am so relieved that Rick has a plan.  And I don't think it's really anything like the Governor because I don't think he'll keep heads in an aquarium and his zombie child or have Walker Gladiator Games. 

I want scruffy!Rick BACK!! waaahhhhh

• Love 2

Will someone please clean up Daryl?  I mean, I'm happy to volunteer if no one else wants to.

Will someone please clean up Daryl?  I mean, I'm happy to volunteer if no one else wants to.

Daryl not bathing is symbolic, he's not trying o drink any of the koolaid

• Love 18

I'm really curious about preview shown re: Sasha. To me, it looks like she may be doing something secret with the Congresswoman. Ugh, congress, governors, never a good thing, IMO, lol.

• Love 2

I think Michonne really wants it to be good...and I don't know if she's going to be included in the we'll just take the place over if it doesn't work.

I think some of the group are going to fracture, but anything could happen.

• Love 4
(edited)

Gotta love an episode where the scariest thing is a cardigan and a button down.

Carol playing all helpless housewife and being so good at it she fooled the wannabe professional poker player cum politician, that was freaking priceless.

My favorite moment from this episode when the aforementioned Deanna thanked Glen for knocking her son on his ass. I'm getting the take she is smart enough to know that they need to have survivors like Rick and company. She knows they are going to come up against something the townspeople can't handle.

If the people of Alexandria are smart, they will listen to these outsiders. Weak people don't survive in this world.

Who would ever have thought a heartwarming moment would be the father/son bonding over killing Walkers? It was necessary, in my opinion, because they can't lose their edge. They can't be complacent and think everything will be happily ever after. At best, the camp lasts for a while until they have to make a run for it.

Rick saying they'd take over the camp was all sorts of sexy. For me, it was even sexier than the shirtless scene.

Edited by mustbekarma
  • Love 14

Loved Glenn laying that Aidan and Daryl joining in.

Carl cannot be a normal kid again. He is faking it like Carol is.

This.

Oh great, something worse than zombies, politicians and frat boys.

You go Glenn with your badass self.

If Rick can shower and get a haircut, so can Darryl.

The end scene with Rick, Carol, and Darryl was interesting.

Rick, "Sasha."  Sasha shoots zombie in the head = excellent.

Darryl and the possum was funny.  "We brought dinner."

I don't really get why neither Darryl or Abraham were involved with Capt Frat Boy Aiden and his run of ineptitude. Hell, even Father Peepants knows you can't just tie up a walker and "teach it a lesson". Morons. These people are so out of their league, survival-skills-wise compared to Rick's crew. But Rick was right, if they all turn out to be weak Rick and Michonne will become the Ricktatorship. Diane doesn't stand a chance, even with her 'ability to read people'.

• Love 8

Was that a members only jacket Aiden was wearing, doesn't matter he's a douche bag either way.

Does poor Carl even know how to play video games? He was pretty young when the shit hit the fan.

Bet Carol gas a gun hidden on her somewhere In that Stepford Wives twinset. After all they have been through I wouldn't give up all mine!

My love for a Darryl knows no bounds, but please give that man a shower before they have to get the hell out of crazy town. Which we all know will inevitably happen sooner or later.

• Love 8

It seems the people of Alexandria have kind of a false sense of security, so much so that they risk lives to "get" walkers.  I'd want to know the last real threat they faced.

• Love 2
(edited)

Was that clown wearing a Member's Only jacket?

Glenn should pound caked his ass even more for that.

And calling guns biscuits, who does that?!

Silly ass wouldn't last a day in dem ZA streets..

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba
  • Love 12

Carol's subterfuge started early when she "fumbled" with her machine gun during the disarmament,

Rick was so hot then he put on the uniform and looks like the mail man.

• Love 17
(edited)

Regarding these people being weak, they have survived just as long as Rick and his followers. They also have what appears to be a functioning society. I think both sides can learn from the other.

Rick, instead of preying on the weak and taking what they have built why don't you and your followers just leave and go build your own society for the strong?

Edited by GodsBeloved
  • Love 13
(edited)

This.

I don't really get why neither Darryl or Abraham were involved with Capt Frat Boy Aiden and his run of ineptitude. Hell, even Father Peepants knows you can't just tie up a walker and "teach it a lesson". Morons. These people are so out of their league, survival-skills-wise compared to Rick's crew. But Rick was right, if they all turn out to be weak Rick and Michonne will become the Ricktatorship. Diane doesn't stand a chance, even with her 'ability to read people'.

I'd be surprised if it was Rick and Michonne. Rick made a point of saying that to Daryl and Carol, not Michonne. And they made a point in the scene when Rick and Michonne can't sleep to hit home yet again on their differences over this place. She's a little too into this place being salvation for him to trust her on it. Edited by BrokenRemote
  • Love 11

Carol playing all helpless housewife and being so good at it she fooled the wannabe professional poker player cum politician, that was freaking priceless.

My favorite moment from this episode when the aforementioned Deanna thanked Glen for knocking her son on his ass. I'm getting the take she is smart enough to know that they need to have survivors like Rick and company. She knows they are going to come up against something the townspeople can't handle.

Since Deanna is unknown to me I have no idea if it is a good idea to be thinking Carol fooled her and that she's grateful for anything. If she really was a poker player, that would be the way to bluff.

• Love 9

I think the scene with the three originals at the end was the best scene so far. Part of me wishes that Glenn was there too but I respect that it was just the three.

I was surprised Rick didn't yell at Coral when they met up at the house where Rick's gun was. But I loved their scene together. I can't wait for Judith to be older to join in with the basdassry.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm glad Rick showered and shaved! He looks a thousand times better. However, I was hoping he would leave a little scruff on his face. He looks better with facial hair. IMO.

Well I can already see the cracks starting to form in this decision and the gang has not even fully settled in yet.

1. The Frat Boy son and his cohorts.

2. The senator claims she's all about transparency, but did she say why she exiled the two/three men that she exiled? And what happened to her husband is he around?

3. The woman who cut Rick's hair...her husband is going to be trouble, which will in turn cause trouble for Carl and his acquaintance with the teens in the town.

4. Darryl's inability to conform

5. Rick's mindset that if the folks that are already there can't make the town work to their liking they will take it. That last scene between him, Darryl and Carol was interesting. It was repeated over and over throughout the episode that this is survival of the fittest and that he will do whatever it takes so that his "family" survives and is safe. So...Arlington best watch out.

I didn't understand why the girl left the community then came back? Is she trying to keep up her fighting skills too? Is she a spy for some other group?

Carol telling Darryl to shower was hilarious as was her pretending to be the meek housewife who love cooking, cleaning and taking care of her husband. Did Glenn shower? He still looked kind of sweaty.

This town is definitely a little suspect. It will be interesting to see what else is behind the wall of utopia besides jealous husbands and frat boy sons.

Edited by Enero
  • Love 4

Hmmm...so what happened to the gun Rick stashed?  And where was the girl going in the woods?  And who was in the house outside the entry gate?  Where Carl saw movement just before they went in.  Questions to be answered later I guess.

The scene with the two ASZ punks having strung up a walker for sport reminded me of the Woodbury walker fights. If I were Glenn and Noah and Tara I would definitely not want to be lead by this kid outside the walls.   Definitely an a-hole and someone who'll get others killed. 

We didn't really see that many people in this new community.  Maybe that's by design.  Maybe they're not as weak as some of the group seem to think they are. 

• Love 2

Regarding these people being weak, they have survived just as long as Rick and his followers.They also have what appears to be a functioning society. I think both sides can learn from the other.

Good point.  The Alexandrian's behavior during the run was dumb though.  I wonder if they've been comfortable for a while and are bored?  Been together so long they are starting to crack a bit?  Something is off IMO.  

• Love 2

Hooray! Rick got a haircut! I actually didn't mind the beard, but so glad the hair is gone. Um....but....Rick just gets scarier and scarier. "We might just take this place. Mwahahahahahaha". Damn. 

Carol was cracking me up. She sure knows how to play the game, with her repainting of the past and little cardigans. 

Daryl does NOT fit in. Doesn't want to. If they stay here, it's really going to highlight the pre ZA differences between them. 

I'm with my sage, Carl - "These people are weak. I don't want us to become weak too."

Damn straight. Did you see how they handle runs and walkers? As if walkers intentionally kill people? Idiots. And don't fuck with Glenn Rhee!

So, do we think Enid took Rick's gun?

My favorite part? Rick setting the time on his watch.

Those douchebags were so proud of how far they've wandered outside the compound, but it didn't sound very far.  

I loved Daryl pacing back and forth like a police dog who wants to get someone being arrested.  Now we know what Daryl's job will be. 

• Love 5

Regarding these people being weak, they have survived just as long as Rick and his followers.They also have what appears to be a functioning society. I think both sides can learn from the other.

Rick, instead of preying on the weak and taking what they have built why don't you and your followers just leave?

I have a feeling they survived because Deanna's husband had the foresight to build big honking steel walls all around the town. They obviously haven't been going on runs in highly populated areas. They also survived by sheer luck by being directed to a town that was self-sufficient and off the grid. At some point, luck runs out. Look at everything that happened to Rick and his followers. I didn't think Rick's statement was about preying on the weak. It was an a statement of fact. The people of Alexandria do seem to be weak, and if/when they falter, then Rick and company will take over. Better them than Termites, after all.

I'm definitely leaning towards "when."

• Love 11

Oh! I forgot about the girl leaving the camp. There was something weird on closed-captioning when Carl was following her. It said "Metal Clanging", which I didn't really notice, and she immediately changed directions and took off running. I was thinking it was maybe a signal, and I thought maybe she still had a group on the outside and she's smuggling out food to them. She had a really full backpack on.

• Love 8

I still am so confused as to why Daryl was absent during the scene where the group was giving up their weapons (where was he?), and how he had his crossbow later. They let him keep it? Really?

It kind of seemed like they were interviewing people before they turned in their weapons.  Maybe Daryl refused to until he made a total decision to stay and they're respecting that in order to get the rest of the group.  

(edited)

And yet the Douchebag Brigade was doing something  monumentally stupid. I don't see how they've survived this long based on that nonsense other than living in a fortress.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3