Type keyword(s) to search

Suicide Squad (2016)

ApathyMonger
  • Start Topic

Variety is reporting that Warner Bros. is planning Suicide Squad 2 for production in 2017, with both David Ayer and Will Smith anticipated to be on board.

A lot of places are reporting this like a sequel is already decided on, but it's just looks like pre-planning to me. As in, they want Ayer and Smith's schedules clear in case the film does good enough for a sequel. Calm down, Internet.

• Love 1

Meanwhile, back in the real world where the first film hasn't even been released yet, if anyone is going to SXSW you may want to check out Harley's Tattoo Parlor. I guess the cast really is doing its own Instagramming, since Margot and Courtney used the hashtag #HarleysTattooParlour instead.

Meanwhile, back in the real world where the first film hasn't even been released yet, if anyone is going to SXSW you may want to check out Harley's Tattoo Parlor. I guess the cast really is doing its own Instagramming, since Margot and Courtney used the hashtag #HarleysTattooParlour instead.

You know, that's a tiny touch I really like. He may be a terrible actor, but at least he uses proper Aussie spelling.

I saw this noted elsewhere, but this movie has both the Joker AND Harley Quinn, so not ALL of the humor could be in the trailers.

Plus, not the best idea to run this story so close to April Fools.

I've heard that this was some reshooting scheduled well in advance to fit the schedule of the actor who plays Croc.  Whether or not it's related to the tone of BvS is all rumors.

This is so not my kind of movie, I really don't like anything about the trailers other than the music and the editing, but I predict that it's going to be a hit the size of Deadpool.

Edited by JessePinkman

David Ayer, a Navy man who apparently has a very low tolerance for BS, tweeted:

#SuicideSquad “reshoots for humor” is silly. When a studio loves your movie and asks what else you want, go for it! #ThanksWB #moreaction

We don't know exactly what the mission is, but essentially it's the Dirty Dozen with supervillains.  In the comics, Task Force X, aka the Suicide Squad, is a team of villains who are offered sentence reduction or clemency in return for completing some mission.  To keep them in line, they each had an implant placed in their heads which could be detonated remotely if they went off-script. So, disobey and get your brains blown out... literally.

Beyond that... guns and one-liners are likely to be the order of the day.  #WorstHeroesEver #BadVsEvil

• Love 1
Beyond that... guns and one-liners are likely to be the order of the day.  #WorstHeroesEver #BadVsEvil

And bats. And swords. And magic. Let's not forget the ladies. :) 

I'm pretty hyped from the trailer. Harley Quinn is the main one I care about, and she looks perfect. "I'm known to be quite vexing." I'm also happy that despite Enchantress's costume being a stupid metal bikini, she looks creepy and disturbing more than sexy. 

It looks like we get backstories for multiple characters based on the trailer shots (I won't list lest there is anyone who somehow isn't spoiled for the significance of certain things), and I do wonder how that's going to fit in time wise.

Edited by Zuleikha

I'm still looking forward to this movie mainly because of Margot Robbie as Harley.

Yeah, you and all the heterosexual males. (And gay females, 'cause it's Margot Robbie. What does Australia do, grow them in a lab or something?)

• Love 1

A lot of newish faces in the cast, but then you see Will Smith and it's like "ugh."

Will Smith is the king of the forgettable blockbuster.  I always thought someone said it best about his movies.  If you got three Will Smith movies for Christmas, chances are that you would return them the next day.

Well, for me, it's not just that Will Smith is a mediocre TV actor but also determined to inflict his whole untalented family upon the entertainment industry.   Besides, in every role, he's Will Smith as Will Smith.  

• Love 1

I desperately waiting for this movie, Yes Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Jai Courtney and Jared Leto all looks terrific. I recently observe some costumes of Suicide Squad at Sky-Seller. Recent Trailer of this movie make me crazy.

On 4/20/2016 at 3:40 PM, MarkHB said:

It's amusing that the one person the Joker didn't dare go after was the Wall.

The character may be crazy, but he's not stupid. (Same could be said about Leto, IMHO.)

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Suicide Squad has officially been "Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence and action throughout, disturbing behavior, suggestive content and language."

PG-13?  BOO!

Because I thought this film was going to be Rated R.  Given the nature of the story and the characters involved, it seemed a likely candidate for an R rating.  I'm disappointed by the decision to make it PG-13 but then again, few of the decisions that Warner Brothers has made for their DC movies inspires confidence.

• Love 1

You'd think they would learned something from Deadpool. However they are probably still hurting at the disappointment that was BvS and want to make sure Suicide Squad can make as much as possible. A PG-13 rating means more people can see it. 

45 minutes ago, benteen said:

Because I thought this film was going to be Rated R.  Given the nature of the story and the characters involved, it seemed a likely candidate for an R rating.  I'm disappointed by the decision to make it PG-13 but then again, few of the decisions that Warner Brothers has made for their DC movies inspires confidence.

I strongly doubt we'll see an R-rated film in the main DCEU narrative.  OTOH, I think they may be working on one that could be a sidebar in the way that I think Deadpool was... take a look at the DCEU movie thread, ya fraggin' bastich :) .

• Love 1

I saw the trailer last weekend when I went to see X-Men: Apocalypse, and...Viola Davis's Waller was the only good thing about it. Harley doesn't talk or sound like what I think Harley should, and seeing Leto's Joker gave me second hand embarassment.

But it still looks better than the Affleck movie. So I may give it a shot. Pardon the pun.

17 hours ago, benteen said:

17 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

You'd think they would learned something from Deadpool. However they are probably still hurting at the disappointment that was BvS and want to make sure Suicide Squad can make as much as possible. A PG-13 rating means more people can see it. 

Honestly, I think a PG-13 is an appropriate rating for this movie; I don't think the violence needs to be especially graphic to make a point (in fact, I think NOT showing graphic depictions of violence (just the hint of it) tends to make me more squeamish).

And while I understand that the nature of the character of print Deadpool meant that the R rating was necessary for a more accurate (or as accurate as you can get when translating from printed material to film) representation of the true nature of the character.  That’s not the case with the Suicide Squad or most other superhero/comic movies.

I also think that the target audience for Suicide Squad (or most comic movies) is very, very different from the target audience of a Deadpool and I am quite certain that the studio executives do not want to alienate/eliminate part of their audience due to an R rating (yes, I’m certain that some youn’uns will sneak into an R rated movie or their parents will take them, however, there is a larger segment of the population that will not). While Deadpool had box office success, I tend to think that this particular movie is the exception; I don’t think that other R rated comic movies would be as successful.

• Love 1

Extended set visit with interviews (no spoilers)...

“The rehearsal was very intense,” director David Ayer tell us. “It wasn’t a normal rehearsal, we’d talk about their lives, their history, and really got them to open up as people to each other. I also had them fight. I had them fight each other. You learn a lot about who a person really is when you punch them in the face. It gets rid of a lot of the actor stuff.”

“The tattoos tell a very specific story,” Ayer continues. “And eventually people will decipher them and understand what’s going on, but obviously they’re contentious, any time you do something new it’s contentious. There’s very specific stories and easter eggs in those tattoos. And even his teeth, there’s an entire story behind that which is absolutely canon. It’s putting his history on his body. This Joker is a little more working class, who I believe could live in our world.”

Info coming out about the soundtrack album (nothing yet AFAIK about the orchestral score):

Track list from Amazon (by way of Batman-News):

1. “Purple Lamborghini” by Skrillex & Rick Ross
  2. “Sucker For Pain” (with Logic, Ty Dolla $ign & X Ambassadors) by Lil Wayne, Wiz Khalifa & Imagine Dragons
  3. “Heathens” by twenty one pilots
  4. “Standing In The Rain” (feat. Mark Ronson) by Action Bronson & Dan Auerbach (of The Black Keys)
  5. “Gangsta” by Kehlani
  6. “Know Better” by Kevin Gates
  7. “You Don’t Own Me” (feat. G-Eazy) by Grace
  8. “Without Me” by Eminem
  9. “Wreak Havoc” by Skylar Grey
  10. “Medieval Warfare” by Grimes
  11. “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Panic! At The Disco
  12. “Slippin’ Into Darkness” by War
  13. “Fortunate Son” by Creedence Clearwater Revival
  14. “I Started a Joke” (feat. Becky Hanson) by ConfidentialMX
(edited)

I am expecting to hate this film. I am super bummed we didn't get a traditional Harley Quinn in live action before this...new one. The pigtails and hot pants thing makes her look like a deranged cheerleader more than anything....

Don't even get me started on Leto. Shirtless Joker?

And why is Smith playing Deadshot? Diversity? I only know a tiny bit about the villain because he was on JLU. Scratch that. I only knew that Michael Rosenbaum played him as a Kevin Spacey imitation.

Croc looks good though. But they all look overly styled, like they're attending the Teen Choice Awards.

Edited by DisneyBoy