Type keyword(s) to search

S26.E07: That's The Way Love Goes

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Well, that was fun. And a bit depressing. One heckuva endgame ruined by two girls who kept playing cat-and-mouse. I would've figured there would be more violence between Nia and Averey, but they seem to be over it. Did anybody else hope that they'd hook up Teege and send him skyward?

And Jay looks like a chump. At least his junk works. That was funny. It is sad that Zach and Jenna are a couple, because Zach is a meathead who needs to be thrown to the wolves as often as possible. What an asshole. He reminds me of Mac from It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, what with the religion and casual misogyny.

At least Teege had fun with the mission. Amazed that Jay & Jenna pulled it off. I can see Sarah's point of view, but there's a part of me that says she should be grateful her partner hasn't fucked her over and forced her dismissal.

Well, officially done with Zach. He could use a good crotch punch as a wakeup call every morning. Seriously, he's disgusting to me now.

Leroy getting so hyped up during the elimination and yelling out "bitch" then immediately apologizing was strangely funny. But really, why did either of them keep waiting for the other to grab a rope? Jay and Jenna are sooo screwed. I hope Leroy gets his revenge.

• Love 3

So, the men on this show are usually pretty sexist, but this episode was freaking incredible with how much they managed to pack in. Jay and Wes were the only ones not acting completely demeaning toward the women in the house. Zach and Reilly saying women are made to be inferior and Zach calling them swamp pigs- those two are the ones acting like swamp pigs.

Especially disappointed in Leroy, because he seems so nice typically. Both their strikes in the challenge were on him. Nia beat Avery, so it isn't like she disappointed in the elimination and left it all to him. And then he goes on about he "knows they're girls" and how Nia needs to show him something? Please.

I liked that elimination game though.

Edited by Universalhunter
  • Love 5

Most of these guys are assholes. Seriously every single one of them is a degenerate. Zach can fuck off with his sexist bullshit and "inferior" sex. He even knew how many cups were in a gallon despite the fact that he doesn't cook or bake? I was sort of always on the fence with regards to Zach, but over him completely. It's hard to believe people that like this still exist. Jordan is just as bad. I've never been a fan of Sarah, but I felt bad for her.  She has so much to deal with. It's a sad day when Jay comes out looking like a knight and shining armor.

And then he goes on about girls and how Nia needs to show him something? Please.

He said something along the lines of "I know your girls, but..." Subtle misogyny at its finest. 

Edited by SophiaPehawkins
  • Love 5

I love Leroy, but I think it was smart for Jay/Jenna to put him and Nia in the elimination round. Everyone else has been power couple besides them and hasn't put them in. Honestly, I think it was a loose-loose situation because Johnny/Avery were the weakest team and I think Jordan/Sarah would have beaten them.

• Love 4

Zach was able to totally distract me from my excitement about trivia.  I did really enjoy that scene being filmed with a hidden camera.  It added a little something extra.

I still really love trivia.  Nia did look a little bit more precariously swaddled than everyone else.

I'm loving Sarah being mad at Jordan.  They're falling out makes me way happier than it should.  Them losing the trivia challenge at the last minute was amazing.  The only thing that could have made it better is if they were sent to elimination, but I guess I can't have everything.

• Love 3

Man, Jordan is such a baby.

On addition to the casual verbal misogyny, I'm getting really tired of all of the men acting like they're captains of their two-person teams while the women defer to them on all decisions - like Jordan refusing the make a deal with Jay and Sarah complaining that "I would've made that deal in a second!" as if he has all of the power to make decisions on their team and she had no say in the matter, or Jay speaking directly to Leroy and telling him "I'm going to vote you in" while Jenna and Nia sit quietly beside them. I find it really aggravating to watch, and it's been happening more and more each week.

• Love 7

I love Leroy, but I think it was smart for Jay/Jenna to put him and Nia in the elimination round. Everyone else has been power couple besides them and hasn't put them in. Honestly, I think it was a loose-loose situation because Johnny/Avery were the weakest team and I think Jordan/Sarah would have beaten them.

I agree it would have been a lose lose situation.

I didn't start watching this season until after Diem and Knight were gone. I just couldn't do it. I'm glad I didn't miss the trivia challenge. Those questions were so damn easy. If these people had half a brain they wouldn't have missed one.

I haven't watched Real World in quite a while. I think I'm just getting too damn old for the fighting and petty bullshit. I missed the season with Averey and Nia. What the hell happened to make Nia walk up and punk slap Averey like that?

I watched a few minutes of the new RW season tonight. I saw a meat head guy walking down the street with a meat head looking girl, then some guy with oddly colored silver/grayish hair came on, then everybody is beating the hell out of everybody.

I miss the fun days of the Real World. I also miss the no violence policy. I'm just too old for that shit.

I miss the fun days of this show too. I prefer the fun, silly challenges and the fun the contestants would have. One of my favorite challenges was a newlyweds type game. And they used to have fun together, Coral's toga party comes to mind. Now on the down time all they do is fight.

Edited by Maharincess

Ew ew ew ew ew Zach. I'd rather watch Nia drink sweat all day then listen to him be an asshole for one more minute. I hope Jonna loses this for them and I hope it's on purpose.

I know Leroy did some problematic things towards the end of this episode but I still love him the best.

-"I told her she didn't have a lot to worry about but she has a WHOLE lot to worry about."

-Apologizing immediately for calling Avery a bitch. I actually had to rewind that bit a few times to make sure he didn't call her something worse.  

I know Wes isn't acting like a fool but it's Wes. I can never really like him.

Zach can fuck off with his sexist bullshit and "inferior" sex. He even knew how many cups were in a gallon despite the fact that he doesn't cook or bake? I was sort of always on the fence with regards to Zach, but over him completely.

Right, and by virtue of being a woman, Jonna should automatically know how many cups are in a gallon, because you know, clearly she spends so much time baking cookies for her big strong man. When is this guy going to get his comeuppance? And damn, I liked Johnny Reilly before this episode. Really disappointing to see him egging Zach's bullshit on.

I'm embarrassed to admit there were a few trivia questions I did not know. I wouldn't have gotten the Japan one right. Hilarious that Wes messed up on libido while Jay got "erogenous".

I know Leroy did some problematic things towards the end of this episode but I still love him the best.

-"I told her she didn't have a lot to worry about but she has a WHOLE lot to worry about."

I laughed so hard at that.

Edited by Tatum
  • Love 1

Right, and by virtue of being a woman, Jonna should automatically know how many cups are in a gallon, because you know, clearly she spends so much time baking cookies for her big strong man. When is this guy going to get his comeuppance? And damn, I liked Johnny Reilly before this episode. Really disappointing to see him egging Zach's bullshit on.

He did already. Zach completely flamed out the last time he was on in the last challenge and ended up in last place. He keeps talking about how great he is but he turned into a little bitch while doing the hiking part of the challenge. No one should be fearing him in this game.

• Love 4

Inferior swamp monkeys!?!?!?!  Zach deserves to wake up everyday to a nut check and a perpetual pulled groin muscle.  What a douche.

I love the trivia episodes, and I enjoy TJ's glee whenever it is challenge day (and his subsequent disappointment when they get the answer correct).  "I can't spell or am smart" had me in tears. 

By the way, being a criminal justice major is not the same as being in law school.  Idiots.

• Love 3

People seem to forget that on these trivia challenges there is a threat of being dropped or slung into water from great heights if you fuck up. That tends to mess with your mind. I would forget obvious things too if I was stressed like that.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 6

He did already. Zach completely flamed out the last time he was on in the last challenge and ended up in last place. He keeps talking about how great he is but he turned into a little bitch while doing the hiking part of the challenge. No one should be fearing him in this game.

I was loving every single second of Laurel yelling at him for being such a baby. God I hope they play that clip at the reunion again. The swamp pigs comment...I would love to hear what his mother thinks. Does he has sisters? He is a horrible douchebag.

. Any self respecting woman would steer clear of that asshole forever. Ugh 

Anywho, count me in for dissapointed in Reilly. NIa is still horrible. Leroy apologizing made me LOL. Atleast he realizes when he was being a douche

Im also over the misogyny. Gross- 

And I never once really was skeeved out by Jay. At the very least he realizes that just by treating people with an ounce of respect and by simply not being a horrible dbag he comes off like a really nice guy compared to the rest of these neanderthals. He seems funny, too.

I was so happy they won but Sarah and Jordan should have absolutely made that deal. Sarah- you are smarter and nicer than Jordan. Take control! Glad the ass kissing paid off

Im officially done with Reilly/Avery, so Im hoping the final is Jay/Jenna, Wes/Theresa ( ugh cant stand the bitch) and Jordan Sarah

I wish they would do a challenge "Nice people " vs " Giant Raging Assholes". Atleast give me one team I feel really good rooting for. I feel ok about Jay/Jenna but no way they are going to win ;/

• Love 2

I'm embarrassed to admit there were a few trivia questions I did not know.

Yeah, same. Fuck off, Zach, I do bake and cook and I had no idea how many cups were in a gallon. I also blanked on Mark Zuckerberg.

• Love 3

I was loving every single second of Laurel yelling at him for being such a baby. God I hope they play that clip at the reunion again. The swamp pigs comment...I would love to hear what his mother thinks. Does he has sisters? He is a horrible douchebag.

. Any self respecting woman would steer clear of that asshole forever. Ugh 

Anywho, count me in for dissapointed in Reilly. NIa is still horrible. Leroy apologizing made me LOL. Atleast he realizes when he was being a douche

Im also over the misogyny. Gross- 

And I never once really was skeeved out by Jay. At the very least he realizes that just by treating people with an ounce of respect and by simply not being a horrible dbag he comes off like a really nice guy compared to the rest of these neanderthals. He seems funny, too.

I was so happy they won but Sarah and Jordan should have absolutely made that deal. Sarah- you are smarter and nicer than Jordan. Take control! Glad the ass kissing paid off

Im officially done with Reilly/Avery, so Im hoping the final is Jay/Jenna, Wes/Theresa ( ugh cant stand the bitch) and Jordan Sarah

I wish they would do a challenge "Nice people " vs " Giant Raging Assholes". Atleast give me one team I feel really good rooting for. I feel ok about Jay/Jenna but no way they are going to win ;/

That challenge would be the good guys vs the bad asses which they've done before. But, the issue is that all of these people are capable of being assholes or at the most unrootable. So, you never know.

• Love 1

Never thought jay would be the person to root for in a jay/jenna team, used to feel bad for jenna on her rw season and jay was a little troll for treating her bad, I actually was expecting jay to act like an idiot this challenge because he was talking a big game on twitter about how he was going to be ready for this challenge etc, but he is actually behaving really well and has become someone that's easy to root for. Jenna relationship with zach makes me dislike her even more.

zach gets worse each episode, I'm glad they are showing his true colors, at this point I can't wait to see him on the reunion.

• Love 1

Ditto on Zach. What a piece of sh&t. So men are just entitled to respect because they are men, but women only get respect if they are someone you deem worthy of being your spouse. What-freaking-ever.  No woman should allow him to even touch her after seeing that. And I was so rooting for Reilly until he chimed in on that crap. It is a sad world when I am rooting for team BanaNany to come back and school them all in the final. 

• Love 2

Never thought jay would be the person to root for in a jay/jenna team

I know! I despised that wispy little kid when the show first started, because I can't stand when guys brag about how much they've cheated on girlfriends (Knight, I'd be looking at you too if the circumstances were different), but alas, he has really grown on me. He seems to care about Jenna without wanting to be with her, and most of his teasing seems to be more in fun than really mean spirited (ahem, Zach and Adam). Also, for being a little guy, he's pretty scrappy. He reminds me of Derrick in that regard.

• Love 4

Zach is just a big idiot. He treats Jonna like crap and is always talking bad about her whenever he gets the chance. If I were her, I would lose this challenge on purpose just so I wouldn't have to be around him anymore. His attitude towards women is just gross.

I would've never guessed that Jay and Jenna would've won that trivia challenge but good for them! However, they're in trouble if Leroy and Nia become power couple because they will most definitely throw them in.

• Love 2

Ugh, the misogyny continues to increase as the challenge goes on, so just a typical day for this franchise. If I had to partner with Zach, I'd punch him in the dick. Not only would I enjoy it, but it would get us both kicked off so His Assholeness wouldn't win any money.

• Love 1

Jenna had me cracking up this episode. When she said something like, "When I thought of 'UN', I automatically pictured the Periodic Table, and I was trying to think about which one was 'UN'", I almost died. 

Zach can eat a big ol' bag of dicks. "We're the better species". Uhm, Zach? A sex is not a species, you moron. Seriously, fuck off. I wish that every time he made a sexist comment, the show would play a montage of Laurel yelling at him when he couldn't climb the mountain during the final last season.

• Love 6

Zach can eat a big ol' bag of dicks. "We're the better species". Uhm, Zach? A sex is not a species, you moron. Seriously, fuck off. I wish that every time he made a sexist comment, the show would play a montage of Laurel yelling at him when he couldn't climb the mountain during the final last season.

It could be like when they kept showing the Johnny Backpack clip.

Of course I'm sure Zach doesn't consider Laurel a "proper" woman in his eyes.

• Love 1

That means of dropping them into the water terrified me.  It seemed like when they unrolled, on the first go-round (when their heads were near the edge) there would often be sort of a jerk almost as if it was catching on their head/neck.  I was sure there'd be a broken neck or at least whiplash--felt bad for Averey that it "smacked" her in the cheek--you don't have time to prepare for a proper entry in this one.  Not to mention Jonna's helmet practically hanging off of her when she was in the "cocoon"--you'd think they'd make sure they had their headgear on right.  

Here are the remaining people I can tolerate:  Wes, Jay, Sarah for the most part, and Jonna.  Sigh.

Oh, I guess Jenna too, since she's mostly a non-entity to me, and her being not am smart is I suppose an excuse for her being deluded into thinking Zach is a tolerable person.

Edited by Jobiska

Ugh, the misogyny continues to increase as the challenge goes on, so just a typical day for this franchise. If I had to partner with Zach, I'd punch him in the dick. Not only would I enjoy it, but it would get us both kicked off so His Assholeness wouldn't win any money.

I'm glad you referred to The Challenge as a whole. This misogyny has gone on for years, from "trimming the fat", Bananas saying heinous things to Evelyn on The Island, Vinny ripping Mandi's top off, Zach and Frank treating Sam like dog dung, etc. And I don't want to hear a single soul say that these guys are just "playing a role". Nah, this is who they really are. I understand that with exes, there can and will be bitter feelings. But a lot of these guys treat their partners like pieces of gum on the bottom of their shoes.

• Love 4

Zach hiding of social media, and deleting pics on his ig because people are hating , shows what a coward he is, he can act all alpha in front of other guys but he hides the minute he sees trouble.

Jordan and johnny r suck equal, no one was man enough to say zach to stfu and stop saying that, opposite they were even following him. We need more landon's on this shows and more evelyn, laurel and rachel's that won't put with the guys crap

Edited by fredj
  • Love 3

I'm a female so I'm not defending Zach for his behavior, but I do think the issue is that most of the people on these shows are super competitive and have an athletic background. So when their partner/team mate isn't athletically inclined/not competitive I think that's when the nasty comments start. I remember Ev/Laurel berating Luke  so the behavior isn't just males specific. I think the problem is these people depend on the Challenge as their income and it has turned into a cross fit competition.

Edited by choclatechip45

I'm a female so I'm not defending Zach for his behavior, but I do think the issue is that most of the people on these shows are super competitive and have an athletic background. So when their partner/team mate isn't athletically inclined/not competitive I think that's when the nasty comments start. I remember Ev/Laurel berating Luke  so the behavior isn't just males specific. I think the problem is these people depend on the Challenge as their income and it has turned into a cross fit competition.

That doesn't account for all the crap Zach says about how dumb both Jonna and Jenna are. Or the comments about Jonna's appearance. What does her hair/butt/face have to do with any of the challenges?

• Love 6

That doesn't account for all the crap Zach says about how dumb both Jonna and Jenna are. Or the comments about Jonna's appearance. What does her hair/butt/face have to do with any of the challenges?

I think those are misogynistic.  I was talking more about people who want Ev/Laurel/Rachel back I think those three females can be as bad as some of the guys.

Edited by choclatechip45

I feel a little guilty about this because that water slap looked painful, but I was delighted to see Avery get smacked in the face when she got dumped in the water. I've loathed her throughout with her whininess and tears about Johnny Reilly dumping her (yeah, like he's a such a prize!). Her lack of self respect really pissed me off. It was like the water was sick of her crying too. After seeing her on the Aftershow I hope her current boyfriend takes the hint and runs for his life.

• Love 2

The trivia / spelling challenge is always my favorite. One thing that drives me crazy, though, is that the difficulty level varies so wildly. On the one hand, you have the questions about the UN, French Revolution and Castro, and on the other you have Land of the Midnight Sun, metatarsal bones, and largest muscle in the body. I definitely noticed that Jenna got a couple of softballs lobbed at her, although some of Jay's questions had a higher than average difficulty level, so I suppose it evens out.

I know Leroy did some problematic things towards the end of this episode but I still love him the best.

-"I told her she didn't have a lot to worry about but she has a WHOLE lot to worry about."

-Apologizing immediately for calling Avery a bitch. I actually had to rewind that bit a few times to make sure he didn't call her something worse.

This cracked me up too. Also, at one point,  Johnny was cheering his partner on with "You're fine, Avery," and Leroy responded with something like "No, no, you're not fine, Avery." Heh.

• Love 2

I know! I despised that wispy little kid when the show first started, because I can't stand when guys brag about how much they've cheated on girlfriends (Knight, I'd be looking at you too if the circumstances were different), but alas, he has really grown on me. He seems to care about Jenna without wanting to be with her, and most of his teasing seems to be more in fun than really mean spirited (ahem, Zach and Adam). Also, for being a little guy, he's pretty scrappy. He reminds me of Derrick in that regard.

It is really unexpected.  The only things I remember about him from his season was that he wanted e-mail addresses and was a jerk to Jenna, because he was boring the rest of the time.  Now I'm thinking that he's at least mildly likable.

One thing that drives me crazy, though, is that the difficulty level varies so wildly. On the one hand, you have the questions about the UN, French Revolution and Castro, and on the other you have Land of the Midnight Sun, metatarsal bones, and largest muscle in the body.

Not only that, but it really isn't fair how the last team standing might not have answered the most questions correctly. Sarah was the first to go each round, so when she got her second strike, she was dropped and Jay and Jenna declared the winners, despite the fact that Jenna hadn't gotten her question that round right (yet) either, and probably wouldn't have. It's like in a spelling bee- if someone gets the spelling wrong, the person behind them isn't automatically declared the winner- he or she has to spell the word correctly in order to win. Had Jenna been in line ahead of Sarah, Sarah and Jordan could have easily been the winners. I would have loved to see Jenna have to spell "diaphragm".  However, still pretty impressed Jay got erogenous.

The spelling would have been hard for me. I'm a pretty good speller, but I need to see the word as I'm writing it. Spelling it out loud without that benefit while being suspended in the air would be hard. Although I don't think I would have gotten tripped up on libido.

• Love 4

Zach. Bless his heart. God took the rib from Adam because he didn't have enough brain to share. 

I'm kidding, but I would have socked him in the ball sack if I heard him say the things he said. He is a jerk. Plain and simple. And Jonna must like it because she lets him treat her like crap. It just blows my mind that any of these women allow these men to talk to them and lead them the way they do. It makes it not fun to watch. There needs to be a strong woman who says "You know, screw you, I'm doing what I want for a change." The only one I could see doing that is Theresa, and I don't even think she'd do it.  Makes me sad there are young women watching this seeing grown ass women being talked down to and being called inferior. 

• Love 2

YES! The trivia challenge! This is always my favorite one. It reveals how stupid these people are, and Teege always seems to take great pleasure in sending them into the drink. Many of them were eliminated on spelling questions. I have met some brilliant people who can't spell worth a shit, so I don't think this challenge is an accurate reflection of intelligence. With that said, do schools even bother teaching spelling anymore since there is spell-check and auto-correct features on most electronic devices?

Of course it's still hilarious that they don't know answers to simple questions that 99% of the population, including most children, would know. I laughed hard when Theresa misspelled "eroticism" because she gave Wes a hard time in a TH about misspelling "libido." Theresa sucks and I took joy in watching her lose it on an easier word. I think Jonna had a couple of tough questions (gluteus maximus and that measurement question). Unfortunately that gave Zach the opportunity to pile on some more after she missed them. He's such a vile, misogynistic douche, and I look forward to the day when karma smacks him in the face again. Sarah had the toughest word to spell. "Diaphragm" is tough with that silent "g." I knew she'd miss it, and all of them would've missed that one. Man, Leroy is dumb when it comes to pop culture. He seems pretty intelligent otherwise, but how could you not know Mark Zuckerberg? I would've never predicted in a million years that Jay and Jenna would win the trivia challenge. They did great, and the others will never live that down.

Jay and Jenna predictably followed up their trivia challenge victory with one of the stupidest moves I've ever seen in this game. Why on Earth would you vote Leroy in when Jordan and Sarah were such an obvious choice? Did they see how Leroy beasted that log? That guy is insane and they just unleashed the beast some more by sending him in to the dome. I've never seen Leroy so mad. I'd much rather have Jordan after me than Leroy, and Jordan provided actual reasons to be voted in. He was such a sore loser and didn't make a deal with Jay while they were hanging there. Also, while Leroy and Nia are definitely after Jay and Jenna now, I don't think that Jordan and Sarah would've been gunning for Jay and Jenna even after being sent in. Strategically speaking, it would be in their best interests to keep Jay and Jenna until the finale, but I don't think Leroy thinks in terms of the game. He just wants revenge, and I'm pretty sure he's going to get it as long as he stays out of the water.

I'm so glad MTV did a "To Be Continued" with AYTO Adam and Johnny Portland only to have Johnny and Averey lose the next elimination challenge. This only proved that they weren't worthy of a "To Be Continued." That battle simply wasn't epic enough. "Johnny Banana's Backpack" it was not. If Adam wouldn't have screwed up and fallen, he would've won easily. Reilly was going at a snail's pace and lucked out again. He had no chance against Leroy in the next elimination challenge, but he put up a great fight. Nia and Averey's battle was intense. They had fought previously during their Real World season after Nia hit Johnny in the head with a hair dryer. I thought Averey won that round, but Nia got revenge here. Nia is still vile for drinking Zach's sweat though. That's all I think about when I see her anymore.

I loved when Jonna said that Jay says all the right things. He had her at "my junk still works." At least Jay is mostly positive and not a jerk to his partner (on the show at least) like most of these misogynistic pigs. Wes has been cool too, but the rest have been disrespectful. Even Leroy was a little harsh to Nia. I attribute a lot of that to competitiveness and The Stockholm Syndrome this show puts contestants under where winning is the singular focus, but Leroy went a little overboard and probably feels justified due to the winning results. But Zach is the absolute worst. I look forward to his exit, preferably next week.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 1

Jay and Jenna predictably followed up their trivia challenge victory with one of the stupidest moves I've ever seen in this game. Why on Earth would you vote Leroy in when Jordan and Sarah were such an obvious choice? Did they see how Leroy beasted that log? That guy is insane and they just unleashed the beast some more by sending him in to the dome. I've never seen Leroy so mad. I'd much rather have Jordan after me than Leroy, and Jordan provided actual reasons to be voted in. He was such a sore loser and didn't make a deal with Jay while they were hanging there. Also, while Leroy and Nia are definitely after Jay and Jenna now, I don't think that Jordan and Sarah would've been gunning for Jay and Jenna even after being sent in. Strategically speaking, it would be in their best interests to keep Jay and Jenna until the finale, but I don't think Leroy thinks in terms of the game. He just wants revenge, and I'm pretty sure he's going to get it as long as he stays out of the water.

I agree that Leroy is a pretty good competitor, but I don't think Nia is all that great.  I think Jordan/Sarah are stronger than Leroy/Nia. I was actually impressed Jay/Jenna decided to use logic rather than make an emotional decision. Leroy/Nia haven't won power couple yet and if there is a swimming challenge I don't think they will win that.  I would rather have a team who hasn't won power couple gunning for me than give a team who has won "power couple" an excuse to throw me in.

Edited by choclatechip45

Thank you to those who pointed out this show has always been insanely misogynistic. I used to watch it regularly back in the day and let's not forget all the conversations about "trimming the fat" as a code for eliminating women, the sexist and homophobic bullying of Ev and other women on the Island, and the constant atmosphere of sexual harassment. Let's not forget certain (very popular) male cast members are no longer on this show because they RAPED an unconscious woman with a toothbrush. Zach and his disgusting tirades of abuse are nothing new and would fit right in to past Challenges. I still consider this show a guilty pleasure but it boggles my mind that any the women give these sexist jackasses the time of day, let alone date them. Their self-esteem must be in the toilet.

• Love 6

Zach is going to lose this challenge for himself because of how he is treating Jonna. She is a decent competitor but he is breaking her down by being so verbally abusive- her mental state is going downhill as it is can you imagine how the final would be if they get to it?

Zach will have nobody to blame but himself ( but you know he will blame Jonna)

And yeah, most reality tv show guys are HUGE dbags. Jay is good, Leroy is kinda ok, Wes has redeemed himself slightly this season ( but I won't forgive him for pouring coke all over Cara Maria's head ) Johnny has gotten better since the rapists Evan and Kenny left. Even during Diems farewell episode they brought back Evan and I wanted to slap him ugh disgusting humans. I wonder what else has happened that nobody heard about..

• Love 2

Yeah, same. Fuck off, Zach, I do bake and cook and I had no idea how many cups were in a gallon. I also blanked on Mark Zuckerberg.

Totally with you on the feelings towards Zach!  I think I could've answered that question if I had more time but I wouldn't know it instantly.  I do cook, but I don't bake (gasp! and I'm female!).  I was thinking "ok wait 2 cups in a pint, 2 pints in a quart..." but the time ran out before I could finish the math. I can see where it'd be much harder if you were hanging over water in a sling.

I had kind of realized how misogynistic this show was before but the more I watch it and especially think about older episodes, it's really bad. I can't even stand Nia (and can we PLEASE PLEASE bring back the no violence against castmates rule? so we never see her again?), but hearing Leroy scream at her like that bothered me.

Was still glad to see Jay and Jenna win the trivia challenge. I hate how they're treated as the "dumb" ones but it makes it even better that they won.

• Love 2

I agree that Leroy is a pretty good competitor, but I don't think Nia is all that great.  I think Jordan/Sarah are stronger than Leroy/Nia. I was actually impressed Jay/Jenna decided to use logic rather than make an emotional decision. Leroy/Nia haven't won power couple yet and if there is a swimming challenge I don't think they will win that.  I would rather have a team who hasn't won power couple gunning for me than give a team who has won "power couple" an excuse to throw me in.

Yeah, but I think if Jay/Jenna would've justifiably thrown Jordan/Sarah in that that would've been a better move. Jordan/Sarah wouldn't vote Jay/Jenna in because it's getting to the point in the competition where it's strategically smart to keep the weak teams in. Jay/Jenna are probably considered the weakest remaining team even after winning the trivia challenge. Now they have Leroy and Nia gunning for them. They're so mad that they're not thinking strategically. I think they're capable of winning "power couple," and they'll definitely throw Jay/Jenna into the dome. I also wouldn't put it past Leroy to volunteer to go into the dome to take Jay/Jenna out of the game himself if they don't win "power couple" and Jay/Jenna finish last in one of these challenges. He seems to want revenge and the dome hasn't involved anything aquatic yet.

I thought that brutal heavy lifting/puzzle challenge from 2 weeks ago that was like a mini final was a good barometer for who the best teams are. Leroy/Nia finished 2nd and Jordan/Sarah finished 3rd. I would say they're pretty even teamwise. I agree Nia isn't that great, but Leroy is a beast. I think Sarah is the better competitor in the Sarah/Jordan pairing. Jordan hasn't done anything that great in this competition. Yes, it's very impressive how good he is considering his disability, but his pride has cost him in the past and his conduct could be detrimental to his team. Up until this last challenge, Leroy/Nia have had better team chemistry. This has taken a slight hit after Leroy was yelling at her during the elimination challenge though.

Edited by jmonkey
  • Love 2

Yeah, but I think if Jay/Jenna would've justifiably thrown Jordan/Sarah in that that would've been a better move. Jordan/Sarah wouldn't vote Jay/Jenna in because it's getting to the point in the competition where it's strategically smart to keep the weak teams in. Jay/Jenna are probably considered the weakest remaining team even after winning the trivia challenge. Now they have Leroy and Nia gunning for them. They're so mad that they're not thinking strategically. I think they're capable of winning "power couple," and they'll definitely throw Jay/Jenna into the dome. I also wouldn't put it past Leroy to volunteer to go into the dome to take Jay/Jenna out of the game himself if they don't win "power couple" and Jay/Jenna finish last in one of these challenges. He seems to want revenge and the dome hasn't involved anything aquatic yet.

I thought that brutal heavy lifting/puzzle challenge from 2 weeks ago that was like a mini final was a good barometer for who the best teams are. Leroy/Nia finished 2nd and Jordan/Sarah finished 3rd. I would say they're pretty even teamwise. I agree Nia isn't that great, but Leroy is a beast. I think Sarah is the better competitor in the Sarah/Jordan pairing. Jordan hasn't done anything that great in this competition. Yes, it's very impressive how good he is considering his disability, but his pride has cost him in the past and his conduct could be detrimental to his team. Up until this last challenge, Leroy/Nia have had better team chemistry. This has taken a slight hit after Leroy was yelling at her during the elimination challenge though.

See I think with Jordan's ego he would throw Jay/Jenna in. Actually now, I kind of wished Jay/Jenna did throw them in because that would be hilarious if Jordan/Sarah win power couple again. I could see them not coming to an agreement. I wonder what happens in that case?

Honestly, I doubt Leroy would volunteer for a dome just to take Jay/Jenna out. Wasn't he the one with the strategy to go to the draw every time because the odds were better he wouldn't be thrown in that way?  I don't see him taking a risk like that. It's usually the guys with giant egos who do that like Evan and Jordan. Leroy is way to smart for that.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 2

See I think with Jordan's ego he would throw Jay/Jenna in. Actually now, I kind of wished Jay/Jenna did throw them in because that would be hilarious if Jordan/Sarah win power couple again. I could see them not coming to an agreement. I wonder what happens in that case?

In Free Agents (or was it Rivals II?), if the power couple couldn't come to a consensus, the power couple would go to elimination.

• Love 1