Type keyword(s) to search

Blood, Sweat & Heels - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, Demetria? When you really want to prove that you're above all this/don't need the show/didn't want to be part of any rachet reality/won'tcomeback/blahblahblah? See Brie. One and done, and nary a word about it. So you don't look quite so full of shit when you do, inevitably, invariably, return to the circus with the rest of the clowns. You only work in a shop you know, you can drop the attitude. (TM Edina Monsoon)

Oh, Mica. I know you annoy so many, but I fucks with you.

Oh, Geneva. So thirsty. So very, very thirsty.

Oh, Daisy. *sniff*

This season looks good.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 15

Are we going to do episode threads or are we just posting here for the season?

So, I feel bad about Daisy having to battle cancer and these treatments. I'm only a year older than her and that's scary as hell that she has to go through this. I still find her to be a Phony McPhonerson, though. Like, the "niceness" seems put on as opposed to Melyssa's whose niceness I find to be genuine.

Speaking of not genuine, I'mma need Mica to stop it with this Terry nonsense. How is she surprised or talking about how she couldn't trust Terry at the end f the day? You don't say! He had an entire decades-long relationship with another woman, and he kept Mica as a side chick (unbeknownst to her, of course, but the facts remain) for almost a year. There was no way in my mind that trust could ever really be established at that point. I also suspect that by the time the group had filmed the reunion an entire year before, Mica and Terry were done, but here we are a year later, and she's fronting like the end just happened.

Lastly, New Yorkers--480 sq. ft. Good grief! I was apartment hunting a couple years ago in DC, and I was appalled when I saw 600 sq. ft. for the prices. I can't even imagine 480 sq. ft. Thankfully I'm in DC with a 706 sq. ft. apartment that is reasonably priced. I bet I'm paying a lot less for my space than Geneva is for hers. 

• Love 1

Geneva thinks every day of her life is a Sex and the City episode. She is really trying hard to prove how fabulous she is. When she was talking to her mom she just seemed like a little girl playing like she was an adult. She's so immature.

I have a deep distaste for Demetria.

• Love 5

Geneva thinks every day of her life is a Sex and the City episode. She is really trying hard to prove how fabulous she is. When she was talking to her mom she just seemed like a little girl playing like she was an adult. She's so immature.

I have a deep distaste for Demetria.

I agree with alla this^. I really don't see the need for the additional cast members. This cast is full enough. I love the occasional drop by visits by the parents. I hate the reality show format for drama. It's not needed. I enjoy Mica and Daisy turning a really horrific moment into something funny. Yes, I can picture somebody in a fur coat throwing themselves on the casket.

Melyssa needs a career coach or something. A musical about your life? No girl.

SpringTulips, ha! I hope you'll be my recapper for all things chinchilla related.

Demetria. Ugh. I did watch the engagement photos scene. If you don't want to be affectionate with your Greg outdoors, then why agree to shoot your engagement photos outside? I felt the photographer's frustration in struggling to even get Greg to touch Demetria.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 2

I cried for Daisy. I am hoping she's doing better. Based on the previews, I figured she had a serious illness, but didn't think it'd be stage 3 cancer.

I had hoped that Demetria wouldn't come back...sigh. I really didn't enjoy her last season. For all her talk about being above it, I'm surprised she returned.

Melyssa seems really lost to me. If she remains in real estate, I will be surprised. She doesn't seem that passionate about it. I remember last season when her boss asked her if she could try showing up at 9 during work days so she wouldn't miss morning meetings and Melyssa just kind of laughed that request off.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

I cried for Daisy. I am hoping she's doing better. Based on the previews, I figured she had a serious illness, but didn't think it'd be stage 3 cancer.

I had hoped that Demetria wouldn't come back...sigh. I really didn't enjoy her last season. For all her talk about being above it, I'm surprised she returned.

Melyssa seems really lost to me. If she remains in real estate, I will be surprised. She doesn't seem that passionate about it. I remember last season when her boss asked her if she could try showing up at 9 during work days so she wouldn't miss morning meetings and Melyssa just kind of laughed that request off.

On paper, I should like Demetria. But she just seems so incredibly phony to me. She is like the human equivalent of a Facebook page. None of her interactions, even with Greg, seem genuine.

Melyssa is still the cast member I'd most likely hang out with IRL, even if she does seem a little lost. I agree, she's not into the real estate thing at all. I watch MDLNY and I see how much someone like Fredrik eats, lives, and breathes selling. Melyssa seemed to equate selling expensive condos with standing in front of a million-dollar yacht at the Javits Center. She was not prepared to put in the leg work. I hope she can find something she loves doing and still earn a decent living.

Geneva may have a side-part now, but she still seems as desperate and delusional as ever. I sprain my eyeballs rolling them at her, whenever she's onscreen.

I only came to love Mica in the back half of season 1, when I felt the Prouds were unfairly attacking her. I hope I'm able to sustain the love.

I'm praying for Daisy. I feel just awful for her.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 8

I feel like Mica is so extra, to make up for years of trying to make herself small. I think as she came into herself she "found her voice" and decided she was just going to enjoy her damned self. And while she sometimes hurts my ears, I feel like she's the one who will genuinely give you the shirt off her back, no questions asked. She just seems like the one who will always have your back.

• Love 10

Melyssa is still the cast member I'd most likely hang out with IRL, even if she does seem a little lost. I agree, she's not into the real estate thing at all. I watch MDLNY and I see how much someone like Fredrik eats, lives, and breathes selling. Melyssa seemed to equate selling expensive condos with standing in front of a million-dollar yacht at the Javits Center. She was not prepared to put in the leg work. I hope she can find something she loves doing and still earn a decent living.

I would say MOST people who go into real estate think like this.  They think all they have to do is show a pretty house and they'll get paid big bucks.  Which is why most people who go into real estate soon leave real estate.

• Love 1

I do feel old reading this thread.

I feel Mica is as phony as Demetria; both of them are trying to be "reality show personalities."  I wonder if Mica was drunk off her ass during her talking heads.  She wasn't entertaining.

I like Demetria because she doesn't act common.  The problem is she's in a reality show and unless you want to come off 100% fake like Kenya Moore and her fake story lines on RHOA, you have to share some part of your life with the audience, if you don't want to do that, you have no business on reality TV.  

I don't really like Daisy, but I do feel for her, stage 3 cancer is fucking serious.  You know what made me cry, when she was walking up those stairs.  This woman is 20 years younger than me and that disease (and probably the drugs and the chemotherapy) have messed with her body so much that she can't even walk up a simple flight of stairs, and she just soldered on, that really moved me because it felt real.  She knew that if people knew she had cancer they'd treat her differently.  I wonder how she is doing today, both health and career wise.

For some reason, I like Melyssa, I think it's because she doesn't seem mean spirited.  I wish I could sit her down and ask her what the hell does she want to do with her life.  Okay, she was a video vixen, but unless she wants to be the next Karrine Steffans, she needs to think about the next phase of her life.  

• Love 7

You only work in a shop you know, you can drop the attitude. (TM Edina Monsoon)

[off-topic] I've wanted to say this to every snooty witch at the MAC counter who acts like she's a VP at Goldman Sachs.

Love AbFab.

• Love 4

Loved the premiere and so glad this show is back.

Daisy...What a trooper.  Surely that positive outlook and upbeat attitude will help her immensely on her cancer journey.  

Since I'm off work indefinitely, I may treat myself today to a marathon of season 1, which luckily for is on the On Demand.

Looks like it's going to be a great season...Welcome back, ladies!  

• Love 2

Demetria tries too hard to be so smart, serious and sophisticated. Lighten up, woman!

I can't remember, isn't Geneva the one that still gets financial support from her parents? Girl, please. 

I wasn't 100% a fan of hers last season, but Daisy walking up those stairs with every ounce of strength she has, then saying nobody knows that she was in the emergency room just 2 days ago. Heart. Break.  My respect for her is endless. 

• Love 4

Demetria tries too hard to be so smart, serious and sophisticated. Lighten up, woman!

I find her to be utterly humorless and dour. Her negativity (or blase-ness) about every damn thing is a fucking downer. Was disappointed to see her return.

• Love 9

I don't know why I sit through a show week after week where I can't find one character I like. Well no, I kind of like Demetria. I like her work ethic, her no nonsense attitude, but like others said, she's kinda boring for reality tv.

Micha just tries too hard all the damn time. I'm over her after one episode. Not as funny or cute as she thinks she is.

Geneva, time to just move back to mommy's and give up the charade.

While I hope Daisy is doing well with her health I'm really not going to enjoy a whole season of her saying Cancer. I smell a new drinking game Andy Cohen. I get it, it's the first episode and she needs to get it out there but enough. Let's just focus in on how and why anyone would put you and your purple/silver/gold eyeshadow their tv show as a style expert.

I see Melissa the video vixen who doesn't want to be known as a video vixen is still harping about her days looooong ago as a video vixen. Her play, really, give it up. Kandi Burris you are not.

Edited by hottesthw
  • Love 2

I can't remember, isn't Geneva the one that still gets financial support from her parents? Girl,please.

Yes, and I think Demetria still has use of her parents' credit card. But they're grown women who are too mature and fabulous for those other hoodrats. :)

• Love 2

I just chuckled at Demetria getting married to a Caribbean man and NOT having a reception, just "a dinner".  She must not know us island people love our wedding receptions!  I can just see her mother-in-law and that side of the family talking about this for years to come; like my grandma still talking about shit from 30 years ago. 

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1

Oh Daisy. Stage 3? Liver involvement? Fucking cancer.

Demetria is waaaaaaay too aware of the cameras. It keeps her from being real IMO. She's so above it all, too cool for school... No wedding reception, no parties, etc. Bore.

Micha makes me laugh, love her.

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 8

I find her to be utterly humorless and dour. Her negativity (or blase-ness) about every damn thing is a fucking downer. Was disappointed to see her return.

I would rather spend a week in the presence of any of these women, including Geneva before spending a night in Demetria's dry-ass commons. That said, I was glad to see her back. Because every week now I will be entertained watching someone who talked so much shit suit up for the circus like all the rest. She might think because she wears less makeup than the rest of the clowns, she's a special snowflake. But I'm here to watch and remind her that she's selling out just as hard. And a lot more boring. Dance, puppet dance!

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 13

Demetria is pretending to be the wise, experienced, successful I'm-above-all-of-you woman. The behavior we've seen onscreen fairly shouts otherwise. She is disingenuous in the extreme, and deeply insecure under all that posturing.

• Love 7

Is Demetria's voice different from last season?? It seems weird.......

I think I liked her last season but now she just seems a bit awkward...

I did not like Daisy last season and now I'm going to have to cry for her this entire season.  Cancer freaks me out, especially when someone so young gets it. 

Her walking up the stairs was sad because it finally showed how it's affecting her. 

Glad she got rid of that bob wig though... it made her look 20 years older. 

Yes, and I think Demetria still has use of her parents' credit card. But they're grown women who are too mature and fabulous for those other hoodrats. :)

I might be remembering wrong, but I think Demetria said she had use of her parents' card in her 20s. It was Geneva who said last season that she still calls her parents for rent money.

Demetria is pretending to be the wise, experienced, successful I'm-above-all-of-you woman. The behavior we've seen onscreen fairly shouts otherwise. She is disingenuous in the extreme, and deeply insecure under all that posturing.

Is it? I mean, is her behavior on screen different than what is actually happening in her life? Because she is successful, and she is an experienced writer who makes money from her writing, and people do ask her for her advice because they feel she has words to share. 

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 2

Melyssa is in a musical comedy about her life?  What?  Why can't she follow steps and dance?  I thought she was a video vixen.

Demetria is dour, more so than last season.  There was nothing as awkward as her and her fiance posing for those pictures.  I get it that PDA might not come naturally, but not even being able to touch someone in public?  Sounds extreme.  Maybe body language was doing all the talking for the health of that relationship.

Mica still grates and I ff through the conversations with her chinchilla.  Geneva also still grates and bores.

I'm not looking forward to a season of cancer, though I feel for Daisy.  I guess she must really want to be on this show.  I'd be lounging around and saving my energy for chemo.

All that to say...bring on the new ladies!

Edited by izabella

Melyssa is in a musical comedy about her life? What? Why can't she follow steps and dance? I thought she was a video vixen.

Demetria is dour, more so than last season. There was nothing as awkward as her and her fiance posing for those pictures. I get it that PDA might not come naturally, but not even being able to touch someone in public? Sounds extreme. Maybe body language was doing all the talking for the health of that relationship.

Mica still grates and I ff through the conversations with her chinchilla. Geneva also still grates and bores.

I'm not looking forward to a season of cancer, though I feel for Daisy. I guess she must really want to be on this show. I'd be lounging around and saving my energy for chemo.

All that to say...bring on the new ladies!

I'm wondering if Daisy's motive to be on the show is pretty much just needing a paycheck. Needing one really bad. Even with good insurance a major illness like cancer can clean out your bank account and if you're self-employed and can't work for several months or years on top of that, well it can get bad. So if Bravo came knocking and offered to work around her schedule and not demand too much and gave her a nice chunk of money to pay off her bills...I could see it. Sometimes you do what you gotta do.

• Love 11

In one of Melyssa's talking heads, she looks SO different.  Anyone else notice this?  It was making me crazy trying to figure out what she had had done.  Every time that TH would pop up I would need a second to figure out who it was.

• Love 1

In one of Melyssa's talking heads, she looks SO different. Anyone else notice this? It was making me crazy trying to figure out what she had had done. Every time that TH would pop up I would need a second to figure out who it was.

Terrible, terrible make up. And an awful, too tight weave. I recently was made aware of a growing trend in make up to make your eyebrows look like upside down check marks. I keep seeing it and it's hideous. Melyssa is the latest victim. Additionally, the Orange lipstick and yellow powder. So many of the black and brown people on these bravo shows are using some type of yellow powder on their skin that makes them look jaundiced. I'm sure Melyssa was watching her TH and cringing. All of these women are attractive and don't need the pounds of make up on their faces. They look their best, fresh faced with very little make up. I wish they'd realize that.
  • Love 4
All of these women are attractive and don't need the pounds of make up on their faces. They look their best, fresh faced with very little make up. I wish they'd realize that.

I do give Demetria snaps for her generally minimalist make-up.  Her face always looks fresh and pretty because she doesn't slather on make-up that doesn't suit her.  I know make-up for cameras is different from make-up in real life, but I don't think pounds of make-up is necessary and always makes people look older and dried up.

• Love 3

In one of Melyssa's talking heads, she looks SO different.  Anyone else notice this?  It was making me crazy trying to figure out what she had had done.  Every time that TH would pop up I would need a second to figure out who it was.

I noticed it, too. In season 1 Melyssa mostly wore her hair back in ponytails and very little make up. This season she's wearing so much make up. In the scene with Daisy where she finds out about the cancer (™ Amber Marchese), her fake eyelash was starting to peel up.

I'm glad Daisy ditched the orange bob wig, but I'm not a fan of the new hair, either. The colour is really brassy and she's wearing too many packs. For a stylist, I've never found Daisy particularly stylish.

I do love Demetria's hair and make up. And I love her cute shift dresses.

Can't wait to meet the new ladies. I will say the British should tone her contouring way, way down.

We won't find out until next week, but I wonder what Geneva did to get herself arrested?

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 1

I'm glad Daisy ditched the orange bob wig, but I'm not a fan of the new hair, either. The colour is really brassy and she's wearing too many packs. For a stylist, I've never found Daisy particularly stylish.

What are packs? 

We won't find out until next week, but I wonder what Geneva did to get herself arrested?

I remember reading reports last year that Geneva went upside Melyssa's head with a bottle.

• Love 1

I remember reading reports last year that Geneva went upside Melyssa's head with a bottle.

IDK why I was acting like this is the 1990s and I can't just google this shit. LOL.

Turns out she was indeed arrested for assaulting Melyssa with a vodka bottle. On camera. And then she arrested again some time after filming for not paying her cab fare. MESSY.

• Love 3

Geneva was arrested for the cab far evasion before the altercation with Melyssa.  BTW, it looks as if said altercation won't be part of this season.  Wonder if it's an ongoing case, and so Bravo decided not to not get involved.

I enjoy having the girls back, and seems as if it'll be a good season.

I feel so bad for Daisy.  It's such a tough thing to go through, but I really love her upbeat, positive attitude.  Hopefully that helps her though this struggle.  If it is the type of cancer that's been speculated then the prognosis is not great.  Hopefully she pulls through.

I wasn't really a fan of Daisy and Mica season one.  Mica seems like a fun person to be around, if she doesn't drink too much, but is too extra at times.  I was glad to see her and Daisy laughing and being silly  after Daisy's reveal.  I think she'll be a great source of positivity and fun for Daisy, a welcome reprieve from her struggle.

I wonder what the real scoop is with Terry?  He shows up later in the season with Mica, so I guess they're still friendly.

I like Demetria. I think she went into the show saying she wouldn't act like a stereotypical Black woman on reality tv, and I respect that.  I like that she's career driven, and not about the nonsense but she does come across as TOO serious, and too uptight.  I think this season she made a concerted effort to come appear nice, lighthearted and fun, but it comes across as phony.  I think she let her new "nice" veneer slip when she said in a snotty voice to the photographer " Are YOU not getting shots that you're happy with?"

Geneva and Melyssa....I've got nothing.  But can I just say Melyssa's make up in her confessionals/THs is horrendous.  Her face is orange in two of her THs (she was wearing different outfits in each).  Does she owe her make-up artist money?  Is that why she/he set Melyssa up like that?  Demetria also had too much make up and looked greasy in one of her THs.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.  Wonder if Geneva and Demetria are still friends?  Usually I can get a feel for these things on Twitter, but haven't been able to find out yet.

• Love 1

Geneva was arrested for the cab far evasion before the altercation with Melyssa.  BTW, it looks as if said altercation won't be part of this season.  Wonder if it's an ongoing case, and so Bravo decided not to not get involved.

I enjoy having the girls back, and seems as if it'll be a good season.

I feel so bad for Daisy.  It's such a tough thing to go through, but I really love her upbeat, positive attitude.  Hopefully that helps her though this struggle.  If it is the type of cancer that's been speculated then the prognosis is not great.  Hopefully she pulls through.

I wasn't really a fan of Daisy and Mica season one.  Mica seems like a fun person to be around, if she doesn't drink too much, but is too extra at times.  I was glad to see her and Daisy laughing and being silly  after Daisy's reveal.  I think she'll be a great source of positivity and fun for Daisy, a welcome reprieve from her struggle.

I wonder what the real scoop is with Terry?  He shows up later in the season with Mica, so I guess they're still friendly.

I like Demetria. I think she went into the show saying she wouldn't act like a stereotypical Black woman on reality tv, and I respect that.  I like that she's career driven, and not about the nonsense but she does come across as TOO serious, and too uptight.  I think this season she made a concerted effort to come appear nice, lighthearted and fun, but it comes across as phony.  I think she let her new "nice" veneer slip when she said in a snotty voice to the photographer " Are YOU not getting shots that you're happy with?"

Geneva and Melyssa....I've got nothing.  But can I just say Melyssa's make up in her confessionals/THs is horrendous.  Her face is orange in two of her THs (she was wearing different outfits in each).  Does she owe her make-up artist money?  Is that why she/he set Melyssa up like that?  Demetria also had too much make up and looked greasy in one of her THs.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.  Wonder if Geneva and Demetria are still friends?  Usually I can get a feel for these things on Twitter, but haven't been able to find out yet.

Re: the first bolded comment: Geneva has lost her mind. Apparently, she's suing Melyssa for $25 million (yes, MILLION) because of that altercation where she, ya know, hit someone with a damn champagne bottle. So I'm guessing that's why nothing related to the fight made it into the "This season on BSH..." preview.

Re: the second bolded comment: Yes, Demetria is pretty guarded. There was a "Black Women in Media" panel yesterday at the Schomburg Center, which she was part of (along with Farai Chideya; Vanessa K. De Luca, EIC of Essence; and Akisa Omulepu, who moderated the panel). They talked about portrayals of women in reality TV, and Demetria mentioned being aware of all that when she signed on for BSH. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Re: the second bolded comment: Yes, Demetria is pretty guarded. There was a "Black Women in Media" panel yesterday at the Schomburg Center, which she was part of (along with Farai Chideya; Vanessa K. De Luca, EIC of Essence; and Akisa Omulepu, who moderated the panel). They talked about portrayals of women in reality TV, and Demetria mentioned being aware of all that when she signed on for BSH.

I assume you mean the Schomburg Center in Harlem.  Heck, if I'd have known, I would have gone.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 1

I assume you mean the Schomburg Center in Harlem.  Heck, if I'd have known, I would have gone.

Yep! It started around 6:30 in Harlem. I watched the livestream thanks to my Roku. 

My heart breaks for Daisy. That's a challenging diagnosis. I'm glad she has her parents' love and her faith.

Was there no elevator to get her up in that building? And I doubt anyone will hire her for broadcasting now that she's outed her cancer diagnosis. I hope everything works out for her.

Geneva has her funny moments, but did I hear her correctly? She had to downsize to a tiny apartment because her landlord wouldn't renew the lease, and she's no longer working the same job and is "on her own." Right away I suspected that she got behind in her rent and got tossed out, and that she lost her job and is now out of work. She sure tried to spin it otherwise.

I thought Demetria's fiance was more charming and outgoing. He seemed downright sullen at the photo shoot. They were supremely uncomfortable with each other.

Did Melyssa's show actually get presented, or was the rehearsal and all that talk smoke and mirrors?

Mica looks fantastic and has great style. But boy her dramatic flailing around would wear me out.

• Love 1

Oh Demetria.  So above it all with only a dinner reception for your wedding guests and no bachelorette party.  Just a blast in a glass you are.  Its no wonder the fiance looked so despondent.  He can see miles and miles on dinners at the table sitting in silence with only elevator music playing in the background. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Aww, man! I'd have gone.

It's not that she's aware and doing things not to appear like the average woman on reality TV that makes her dour and boring, it's that she's just dour, and boring. And thinks that it makes her come off better than the rest. She may not be involved in physical altercations, but she brings bitchy and snide (also bad behavior, by the by) like nobody's business. That's not behavior to aspire to either.

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 5

Aww, man! I'd have gone.

It's not that she's aware and doing things not to appear like the average woman on reality TV that makes her dour and boring, it's that she's just dour, and boring. And thinks that it makes her come off better than the rest. She may not be involved in physical altercations, but she brings bitchy and snide (also bad behavior, by the by) like nobody's business. That's not behavior to aspire to either.

See, I don't think she is dour or boring. I think it's that she's really trying to control her edit, even though she has no control over it. It seems to me that Demetria is trying hard not to give material that would have her looking like the next Nene or Porsha, and as such she gives the appearance of being dour and/or boring. I don't believe that Melyssa would be off-camera friends with such a person.  

• Love 3
(edited)

See, I don't think she is dour or boring. I think it's that she's really trying to control her edit, even though she has no control over it. It seems to me that Demetria is trying hard not to give material that would have her looking like the next Nene or Porsha, and as such she gives the appearance of being dour and/or boring. I don't believe that Melyssa would be off-camera friends with such a person.  

I agree.

I assume Demetria has seen the Bravo machine at work on other shows and is over compensating in her reserved behavior, doing her best to not provide the Bravo crew anything on film they could spin to make her look ridiculous.

Good luck to her on that, though.  Sooner or later Bravo will find her hot button and hit it repeatedly until they do get footage of her losing her cool.

It happens to all the Bravolebrities sooner or later.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 7

Except ... whenever I have seen her on anything, she gives off the same vibe and energy. She always - to me - gives off a "I'm not saying I'm better than anyone else, I just am" vibe. I mean, jeeze, there IS a point between rachet, and put a mirror under her nose. She couldn't even inject happiness and energy into her damned engagement photos! Like, who exactly is she modeling this supposed "you can be on reality TV and retain your class" exercise for? Anyone for whom that's a big priority isn't watching Bravo - at least not for that. And I doubt anyone is watching this looking for role models anyway.

I would probably judge her less harshly if she didn't talk out of both sides of her mouth. Just shut up, and be on the show. As much as she tries to act like she has it in hand, all the articles and blogs pre-empting her first appearances, and then explaining subsequent ones just scream protesting too much. You're insecure, boo.

• Love 11

I don't blame Demetria though, reality TV isn't kind to black women, so more power to her, I'd rather be dour than ratchet.  

Was there no elevator to get her up in that building? And I doubt anyone will hire her for broadcasting now that she's outed her cancer diagnosis. I hope everything works out for her.

There probably was but since it wasn't that many steps, Daisy probably thought it might raise a red flag if she took it.

(edited)

You can control your edit and not come off like you have a stank attitude. And hell, if I were concerned about my image, the last network I would work for is Bravo. No one expects a role model on a Bravo show. I don't care for Demetria's 'character' at all and was disappointed when she returned to the show. I much prefer the light energy Melyssa and Daisy bring. Even with stage 3 cancer and an uncertain future, Daisy is full of smiles and bubbly energy.

I almost thought Demetria got a new man when I was looking at that engagement shoot. They seemed uncomfortable with one another, like they were plucked off the street for a Match or eHarmony commercial. I remember her man being more upbeat and fun last season, but maybe I am recalling him incorrectly.

I could have sworn that Melyssa and Geneva got into a physical altercation on camera while filming this season, but no previews indicate that. I wonder if Bravo opted not to include it in this season...I am happy if that's the case. I think Geneva got an assault charge and that's pretty serious.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 2

I would probably judge her less harshly if she didn't talk out of both sides of her mouth. Just shut up, and be on the show. As much as she tries to act like she has it in hand, all the articles and blogs pre-empting her first appearances, and then explaining subsequent ones just scream protesting too much. You're insecure, boo.

I think "Just shut up and be on the show" sums it up perfectly.  Also, a great way to avoid a bad edit or not get caught up in reality TV black female stereotypes is NOT to do a reality show. I assume these women are paid, and hey, get that paper and expand your brand.  But that means you're judged just like every other person on any other reality TV show.  You take the bad with the good. 

I don't think it's hyper-awareness of the cameras, either. I remember Demetria confessed in a TH last season that's she lost friends because of her career/ambition.  It's possible that it was a haterade situation, but she gave me the impression that those lost relationships was on her, and she was aware of it.  Plus, the condescending, dismissive tone she took with Melyssa when she talked about growing up poor - to the extent that Melyssa couldn't even finish a damn sentence - told me everything I needed to know.  

I also think there's a happy medium between ratchet and dour.  Whatever the feelings are about Daisy or Melyssa or Brie, none of them were ratchet. 

• Love 8

Are we going to do episode threads or are we just posting here for the season?

So, I feel bad about Daisy having to battle cancer and these treatments. I'm only a year older than her and that's scary as hell that she has to go through this. I still find her to be a Phony McPhonerson, though. Like, the "niceness" seems put on as opposed to Melyssa's whose niceness I find to be genuine.

Speaking of not genuine, I'mma need Mica to stop it with this Terry nonsense. How is she surprised or talking about how she couldn't trust Terry at the end f the day? You don't say! He had an entire decades-long relationship with another woman, and he kept Mica as a side chick (unbeknownst to her, of course, but the facts remain) for almost a year. There was no way in my mind that trust could ever really be established at that point. I also suspect that by the time the group had filmed the reunion an entire year before, Mica and Terry were done, but here we are a year later, and she's fronting like the end just happened.

Lastly, New Yorkers--480 sq. ft. Good grief! I was apartment hunting a couple years ago in DC, and I was appalled when I saw 600 sq. ft. for the prices. I can't even imagine 480 sq. ft. Thankfully I'm in DC with a 706 sq. ft. apartment that is reasonably priced. I bet I'm paying a lot less for my space than Geneva is for hers. 

Oh? Is your version of reasonable under 1200? No shade. Asking because I'm moving in June and Largo is the worst place ever to live without a car.

I think "Just shut up and be on the show" sums it up perfectly.  Also, a great way to avoid a bad edit or not get caught up in reality TV black female stereotypes is NOT to do a reality show. I assume these women are paid, and hey, get that paper and expand your brand.  But that means you're judged just like every other person on any other reality TV show.  You take the bad with the good. 

I don't think it's hyper-awareness of the cameras, either. I remember Demetria confessed in a TH last season that's she lost friends because of her career/ambition.  It's possible that it was a haterade situation, but she gave me the impression that those lost relationships was on her, and she was aware of it.  Plus, the condescending, dismissive tone she took with Melyssa when she talked about growing up poor - to the extent that Melyssa couldn't even finish a damn sentence - told me everything I needed to know.  

I also think there's a happy medium between ratchet and dour.  Whatever the feelings are about Daisy or Melyssa or Brie, none of them were ratchet. 

Thank you, yes to all of this.