Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13: Sister Act

• Start Topic

Just a comment on Kyle's relationship with Lisa R.  Yes, they've apparently known each other for a number of years, given that Lisa R. has been to all the white parties but that in itself doesn't mean that they are close friends or that Lisa knows any more about Kim than what she has seen on the show.  I have friends who have never met my siblings or may have been introduced to them at a party.  It doesn't mean I have talked about them to any great extent.  Again, Lisa's knowledge of Kim may well have come from just seeing her on the show.  However, that's enough to see that Kim definitely has a problem.

But my point was that it did happen. She did say it. She just used a different euphemism. If Brandi had said "Kim isn't sober," would you still be saying "but she didn't say Kim fell off the wagon!"

I'm with you.  I don't know when Brandi said it but IIRC Brandi did say it at one point, maybe it was in a talking head, that Kim fell off the wagon.  I don't think it was a euphemism.  There was a 'wagon' involved.

I need Lisa R. to stop saying Harry's brothers "dropped dead".  Unless they were literally standing upright alive, then suddenly fell to the ground deceased, they did not "drop dead".  She's been bringing it up constantly -  it's not the same repeated clip - and it's a bit melodramatic, with a touch of disrespectful.

Lisa talking about Harry's brothers bothers me.  Maybe not so much about dropping dead but that fact that she is telling the world about it.  They're weren't celebrities.  I think people do deserve a level of privacy, no matter how they died.

• Love 5

I'm with you.  I don't know when Brandi said it but IIRC Brandi did say it at one point, maybe it was in a talking head, that Kim fell off the wagon.  I don't think it was a euphemism.  There was a 'wagon' involved.

At the risk of sounding like TWOP Howard - read the previous page! There's discussion on Brandi outing Kim as falling off the wagon - in a TH after Poker Night during the scene with her friend Jennifer.

P.S. Breezy - Kyle and LisaR have known each other for years (beyond Lisa being a guest at the White Party). I think I read somewhere that they were part of some "mom's group" that met weekly, and it included Denise Richards, too. I don't know how close they are, but they have known each other for awhile.

But my point was that it did happen. She did say it. She just used a different euphemism. If Brandi had said "Kim isn't sober," would you still be saying "but she didn't say Kim fell off the wagon!"

Yes, it did happen and I already said you were right about the TH but at the time I either missed seeing or didn't remember it.  Brandi was playing it coy with her words in her conversation with LisaR.  She eluded to Kim's problematic state but never actually said she wasn't sober or fell off the wagon during that lunch.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Yes, it did happen and I already said you were right about the TH but at the time I either missed seeing or didn't remember it.  Brandi was playing it coy with her words in her conversation with LisaR.  She eluded to Kim's problematic state but never actually said she wasn't sober or fell off the wagon during that lunch.

Problematic state = not sober.

• Love 3

These housewives love to play a game of semantics where they say everything but say it with an air of deniability.

I'm so disintered in the game of parsing words when Kim expects everyone's eyes to fail them and pretend she wasn't on drugs she shouldn't have been on and Monty gave her one pill and that's fine because her pain is at 100% and YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW KIRA(sorry, Real World Seattle reference).

• Love 10

Does anyone know if Kim has a history with bouts of manic depression? There were posts in this thread about her misuse of a prescribed drug in Paris and her latest episode was drug and not alcohol related.

When I rewatched "It's Just a Scratch" tonight LisaV said Kim's personality has always been whack-a doodle. She does seem to have high and low swings.

ETA: If Kim's issues with substance abuse stem from her having mental problems, her family's "don't talk about it" philosophy makes more sense to me.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 1

I went back and watched that scene and you are right. She did not come right out and say that, instead she said "you have no idea" about how bad Kim is and that she has to "pretend" to believe Kim is sober when she is with her, that being Kim's BFF is heavy for her and then  at the end of their conversation says something about everyone is lying about Kim being sober, something along those lines. So, IMO, even though she did not come right out and say she "fell off the wagon" exactly, she did in fact say it in a round about way. She threw out that Kim's claim of sobriety is questionable.

Oh, and Lisa R was the one that said they could NOT do an intervention, Brandi then suggests that she do a "group" intervention and calls out all of the HWs for something so Kim does not feel singled out. The "intervention" is Brandi's idea, not Lisa Rs.

Hahahaha...I made a word for word transcript of the last 20 minutes of this episode only to discover what a bunch of clowns Bravo has made of us. The cast is in on the BS. Brandi has her lines that she delivers staring at something or someone near the camera while she tosses her hair around like a nervous Nelly trying to appear authentic. I had to laugh at LisaR as they go for the concerned face for poor Kim. Well, LisaR was a much better actress. Brandi seemed to be smirking at herself a little as she got her pivotal money maker lines right with just the right amount of concern.

Going to hit the sack...will type the BS up tomorrow. At least I know now how Brandi follows to the letter what lines they feed her, leaving nothing for chance. You can wing some of the scenes, but Brandi had to meet certain bench marks before she and LisaR were done for the day. The plot sickens so to speak.

There's no way Bravo is going to fire Brandi...she delivered.

Here's the link to the transcript:

http://realitytvsmack.com/thread/500/transcript-brandi-lisars-lunch-e13

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 3

Does anyone know if Kim has a history with bouts of manic depression? There were posts in this thread about her misuse of a prescribed drug in Paris and her latest episode was drug and not alcohol related.

When I rewatched "It's Just a Scratch" tonight LisaV said Kim's personality has always been whack-a doodle. She does seem to have high and low swings.

ETA: If Kim's issues with substance abuse stem from her having mental problems, her family's "don't talk about it" philosophy makes more sense to me.

Kim took the "wrong" med in Paris and talked about on camera to Kyle after their return, at Kyle's store Grand Opening. Kim also talked to Paul about her meds and he was alarmed at what she was taking. I highly doubt that Kim or Kyle will ever say that Kim suffers anything beyond anxiety issues, which both claim to have and that Kim was on meds for. Brandi alluded to it this season as well, Kim's anxiety, that they both suffer from it as well.

It is possible that Kim has other mental health problems and it is possible they were caused by her lifelong addictions or the addictions could be the result of mental illness. There is no way to know this unless Kim admits something on camera and she will never do that. It really does not matter at this point which came first, addiction or mental illness because Kim refuses to seek long term help either way. At this stage, she needs to get off this show and go back into a more relaxed, more private day to day life without the scrutiny of HW viewers. JMO

• Love 2

Don't be upset they had somewhere to go during that lunch and the ladies delivered. Between LisaR's questions and Brandi's answers we were being led down the yellow brick road. Don't forget their talking heads. I am now beginning to second guess Kim's so called high whacko behavior on poker night and even Brandi's drunken clinging to Kim driveway BS. She's a masterful liar and I'm believing these two are with the Wizard of Oz (Kyle) behind the curtain all along. Dam that Kyle and Kim can really turn the faucet on when they need to.

Lunch Transcript between LisaR & Brandi

• Love 1

FYI..."Problamatic state" is not mentioned during Brandi and LisaR's lunch or talking heads...during the lunch scene. Maybe it's someplace else.

This is the link for the lunch transcript between LisaR & Brandi

Notice how dramatic LisaR is in the transcript of the lunch between her and Brandi. Brandi played it close to the vest while LisaR goes drama rama about Kim. The end result...to hold a intervention for every cast member using a therapist for the bad guy with Kim is hilarious. Both Brandi and LisaR knew where their conversation would end. Wonder if they had rehearsals...probably needed for Brandi who delivered her line and looked into the camera while fluffing up her hair for that casual look. I believe they are all in on it...even Kim. After reading Kim's blog how she's not upset with Brandi it's a joke. It justifies her next fight with LisaR...hinted at in Kyle's blog.

Here's the link to the transcript:

• Love 1

As always, I continue to be "invested" in the show (as was talked about many pages back by another poster), but I am so over the name-calling and everyone being so miserable. I mean, I've lost track of who the assholes are: Brandi, Brandi's kids, Kim, Lisa R's kids...I mean, gosh.

And for the tampon issue, I just personally don't care. She was drunk. Her dress rode up. Ok. I'm not going to blast her for it. It's just not on my radar. Who I do blast for it is the photographer and whomever this paparazzi person sold the pics to who distributed them. It's awful. Yeah, I know he/she has the legal right to do it. I just wouldn't ever do that, but I guess that's the reason I don't walk around with a camera, following people, and making money off taking and distributing lewd or possibly embarrassing pictures of people against their will/permission-even if the person is like that in public.

But, then again it's just how technology, media, and society is. It's cool to post pictures or share them of people no matter what effect it may have. But, thank goodness I don't have to be part of it. Oh, unless someone snaps a picture of me at some point. Then, I have no right to protest.

• Love 3

I have it On Demand and I'll check it. I never heard anyone say Kim was "off the wagon," lol.

I've been somewhat confused by some of the posts in this thread so I rewatched Sister Act tonight. Brandi mentioning a "2am phone call from Kim" must have happened on the driveway after the poker game because it didn't happen in Sister Act. She said "late night phone call" to Kyle at the gay mixer.

I was glad to see that LisaR was brought up tonight. I had no idea that she was friends with Kyle. I understand she had a limo from hell ride with Kim so she has a right to speak up but her friendship with Kyle adds another layer. While watching Sister Act tonight, I'm pretty sure that LisaR referred to Brandi as an addict in the limo ride to the Burbank Film Festival. They were discussing why Brandi acts the way she does and that's what I heard from LisaR. I don't believe Brandi is an addict nor do I believe she's an alcoholic. I think Brandi lacks class, self-control, exhibits inappropriate behavior (even when sober) but mostly I think Brandi is a bad drunk. She has a hard time controlling her impulses when she's sober so when she's had a few too many, there's nothing holding her back. She's not someone I would want to socialize with or want as a friend.

I've seen posts on this thread saying that during Brandi and LisaR's lunch meeting, Brandi said Kim fell off the wagon. That didn't happen. She said "If anyone said Kim fell off the wagon, she'd kill her and herself." I'm not too sure about the kill part of that quote. Brandi did mumble when saying it. Brandi also said Kim used a patch for her hernia and that she did not see Kim take a drink or a pill.

I remember it clearly. Brandi said Kim was "off the wagon." She said it in a TH. Maybe later, too, but definitely in a TH.

Thank you! Exactly. If it walks like a duck....

It wasn't a TH IIRC , Brandi told her ffiend Jennifer Gimenez during her recap of Poker Night that kim felt off the wagon those were her literal words. she talked also about the 2:00a.m calls, the TH might had been filmed later but Brandi did mention the call way before she filmed that TH

It wasn't sister act it was the episode before. She says it first when talking with Jennifer and then again in a th. I don't have to re watch because it is seared in my brain. At the time I thought " wow at least someone has spoken those words"

Eta Anna beat me to it. Great minds and all.

Edited by nc socialworker
  • Love 1

As always, I continue to be "invested" in the show (as was talked about many pages back by another poster), but I am so over the name-calling and everyone being so miserable. I mean, I've lost track of who the assholes are: Brandi, Brandi's kids, Kim, Lisa R's kids...I mean, gosh.

And for the tampon issue, I just personally don't care. She was drunk. Her dress rode up. Ok. I'm not going to blast her for it. It's just not on my radar. Who I do blast for it is the photographer and whomever this paparazzi person sold the pics to who distributed them. It's awful. Yeah, I know he/she has the legal right to do it. I just wouldn't ever do that, but I guess that's the reason I don't walk around with a camera, following people, and making money off taking and distributing lewd or possibly embarrassing pictures of people against their will/permission-even if the person is like that in public.

But, then again it's just how technology, media, and society is. It's cool to post pictures or share them of people no matter what effect it may have. But, thank goodness I don't have to be part of it. Oh, unless someone snaps a picture of me at some point. Then, I have no right to protest.

The night of Brandi's infamous wardrobe malfunction she had spent the afternoon tweeting where and what she would be doing.  She invited Ross Matthews to join her for drinks and told him where she would be.  Brandi wasn't being stalked by paparazzi, she was sending out invitations.  She will do the same when she hints at wanting lobster tempura (Flemings special), so Brandi pretty much advertises her location to keep the paparazzi snapping.  That night Brandi was trying to take off her clothes and it was pretty much a nightmare for her keeper her agent.  To spite Brandi's claims that the paparazzi camps outside her door 24/7, she has worked hard to cultivate a following.  Neighbors talk of her posting pictures of washing her car with her boys and there she is wet t-shirt and hamming it up and voila there is a paparazzi picture.

• Love 8

The night of Brandi's infamous wardrobe malfunction she had spent the afternoon tweeting where and what she would be doing. She invited Ross Matthews to join her for drinks and told him where she would be. Brandi wasn't being stalked by paparazzi, she was sending out invitations. She will do the same when she hints at wanting lobster tempura (Flemings special), so Brandi pretty much advertises her location to keep the paparazzi snapping. That night Brandi was trying to take off her clothes and it was pretty much a nightmare for her keeper her agent. To spite Brandi's claims that the paparazzi camps outside her door 24/7, she has worked hard to cultivate a following. Neighbors talk of her posting pictures of washing her car with her boys and there she is wet t-shirt and hamming it up and voila there is a paparazzi picture.

I don't doubt it. I just still don't think it was the right thing to do to take and share the pictures with the string in them, especially in a larger context. Crotch and panty shots happen a lot, and while I don't doubt that at least one person may have wanted that kind of shot taken for publicity, I don't think it makes the practice of taking those pictures alright. And with Brandi, I don't think she was trying to show herself like that on purpose. Yes, she voluntarily got drunk. But, I don't think it makes it A-ok for someone to take pictures like that. I'd be very ashamed if someone got drunk at a party or on the street, and I started filming their private areas...again, even if those areas were clear as day and the person usually liked attention. I absolutely can't get on board with it. Girls Gone Wild, etc? Nope. Might be legal, and it might be okay with tons of the girls even after they sober up, and I'm all for sexual freedom, but I couldn't be behind the camera. That's my opinion. I know, as always, I'm an outlier.

• Love 3

It's important to me because if I'm going to discuss it with others here on the forum, I want to get it right. If I offered up an opinion on something that did not happen, I'd be as crazy as Kim or Brandi.

That said, you were right. Brandi did say in a TH that Kim fell off the wagon. It was in "It's Just a Scratch" the episode from two weeks ago that started off with the driveway fiasco at Eileen's house and has LisaR's jewelry party. I lucked out finding it. For some unknown reason my On Demand service skipped over the next episode.

One thing that stood out in watching this episode was LisaR saying (again) that Brandi is an addict which I don't believe is true. I don't know why she keeps saying that but I'll bet she's going somewhere with that idea.

For some reason Lisar uses the term addict/alcoholic interchangeably.  In the world of addiction there are those who abstain. those who are sober, those who are abusers which includes using any amount of illegal drugs or drugs not prescribed for you, and those who are physically dependent.

What Brandi is trying to claim is she is not physically dependent on alcohol so therefore she is not an addict or alcoholic.  It is semantics, if you have as many televised bad behavior episodes as Brandi, been arrested, had blackout sex, drinks to get drunk she is definitely an abuser who should abstain from alcohol.  The fact that Brandi regularly and knowingly and advertises mixes Lexapro and Xanax with her cocktails  is a further indication she is amplifying her drinking experience. Brandi believes she is skating by the diagnosis claiming she is a very responsible mother and she shows up for work commitments.

At this point, Brandi is making her living off of being a drunk, and retelling her drunken escapades.  Be them not being able to start her car because her blood alcohol level was too high and the court ordered device kicked in, giving a hand job at the Polo Lounge on Christmas Eve, or whatever she dreams up.  Now she makes money off of drinking and insulting her coworkers and out and out getting physical with wine tosses, lap sitting, grabbing.  There may come a day where Brandi does eschew her Lexapro, Xanax and alcohol and look back and realize she had a real problem. Much like Kim though, I think she will chose not to revisit and blames those who didn't stop her or even the viewers.

• Love 1

It has never been stated/confirmed by anyone in the know but I have long suspected that some of the incidents where Kim has behaved strangely are mental episodes rather than substance related or a combination. Edited by quinn

Kim admitted to taking 1 of Monty's pain pill on poker night, she was also under the influence of something when Kyle/Brandi visited her at her home right before the mixer, as well as at the mixer itself IMO. And Brandi claims that Kim is using/on some type of "patch" for her hiatal hernia.

Kim admitted to Paul, before rehab, that she was on psych meds, he was not happy about what she was taking. While in Paris she claimed she brought the wrong med with her and that she took that med the entire time in Paris even though it was a med she has a very bad reaction to before (and she kept it despite the bad reaction instead of throwing it out). So yes, Kim is on psych meds, she says she suffers from bad anxiety....just like her BFF Brandi.

You can not make an addict get clean or stay clean, that is something they have to admit/know and want themselves.

Paul is a Plastic Surgeon. He has no place commenting on a psychiatric course of treatment.

• Love 1

Paul is a Plastic Surgeon. He has no place commenting on a psychiatric course of treatment.

IIRC I think all he said is she should not be drinking while taking them and commented on the scope.  I did not take away from the conversation he was attempting to change her meds. We have no evidence they were prescribed by a psychiatrist or even more than one physician as Kim has neither confirmed or denied that she is under the care of psychiatrist or how many doctors she sees.  If I compare an MD to the rest of the cast I would say he has probably better credentials to comment on Kim than anyone plus having been in her company while she was under the influence.

• Love 10

Paul is as qualified to know the type of meds she is on, the side effects they cause, the interactions caused just as any DR., psychiatrist, internist, PS, pharmacist is, he needs to know this class of meds because of his specialty. Also, that list of meds, posted a few pages ago, are prescribed by PCPs as much as they are by Psychiatrists, there is no way to know who wrote those scripts or even if Kim is getting psych help.

• Love 9

At the mixer Brandi tells Kyle to back up.  Kyle did not move towards Brandi.  She was standing in the exact same spot and it was Brandi who was moving forward towards Kyle and telling Kyle to backup.  It was extremely aggressive.  I'm sure it was scary for Kyle.  I would be scared.  That's when Kyle called Brandi disgusting and she was absolutely right.  Brandi is a disgusting human being.

My favorite part of the past episode was when they were at the film festival and Lisa says she fancies a glass of wine and Kyle said you can have a coke and a popcorn.  That was funny and Kyle looked cute when she said it.

Edited by ramby
  • Love 9

My recollection is that when Paul was told the meds Kim was taking his reaction was that it explained Kim's odd behavior, prior to that Paul was calling Kim out for being wasted, and once told about the meds he now understood what was going on, which amounted to Paul IMO giving Kim a pass for the behavior that he initially referred to as inebriation.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 1

Can you do an intervention if the addict refuses to acknowledge their problems and perscribed rehab?

Yes, you draw a strict boundary and refuse to enable.  There has to be a social consequence, which may be a slower burn but is more effective than a Very Dramatic moral consequence.  There should be an identifiable 'bottom' to orient everyone.

dude, WWHL is some dark shit.

I'm watching Kyle/Brad episode.  Kyle can't move her face.  I had to pause as soon as they started calling out celebrity photos on their plastic surgery.  Kyle's pretty savvy about this topic considering she's had no work done.  Very possible I missed the Kyle-gets-MORE-botox RH episode. Also possible that I missed it discussed on WWHL episode.  Probable that I missed it admitted in this WWHL episode.

Sometimes I forget how dumb these ladies are.  And did I hear Andy count his sober January days?    

Also, is it in the 2015 Bravo contract that everyone needs to wear clown lipstick?  

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 1

Greatest Kim moment ever. Mixing that chicken salad with her hands. Oh, the good old days.

Besides using her hands, what made it even better is that she was making 5 lbs of chicken salad for two people to eat before they went to the prom.  As I recall, the kids did not eat anything because they were going to have dinner at the prom.  Ridiculous every which way.

• Love 7

Yes, you draw a strict boundary and refuse to enable. There has to be a social consequence, which may be a slower burn but is more effective than a Very Dramatic moral consequence. There should be an identifiable 'bottom' to orient everyone.

dude, WWHL is some dark shit.

I'm watching Kyle/Brad episode. Kyle can't move her face. I had to pause as soon as they started calling out celebrity photos on their plastic surgery. Kyle's pretty savvy about this topic considering she's had no work done. Very possible I missed the Kyle-gets-MORE-botox RH episode. Also possible that I missed it discussed on WWHL episode. Probable that I missed it admitted in this WWHL episode.

Sometimes I forget how dumb these ladies are. And did I hear Andy count his sober January days?

Also, is it in the 2015 Bravo contract that everyone needs to wear clown lipstick?

Yes, Andy did this last year too. He didn't drink all of January.

It probably makes him feel better about all the drinking he does the rest of the year :)

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

Kim took the "wrong" med in Paris and talked about on camera to Kyle after their return, at Kyle's store Grand Opening. Kim also talked to Paul about her meds and he was alarmed at what she was taking. I highly doubt that Kim or Kyle will ever say that Kim suffers anything beyond anxiety issues, which both claim to have and that Kim was on meds for. Brandi alluded to it this season as well, Kim's anxiety, that they both suffer from it as well.

It is possible that Kim has other mental health problems and it is possible they were caused by her lifelong addictions or the addictions could be the result of mental illness. 

Yeah, I agree with you.  A lot of addicts have concurrent disorders, be it axis I or axis II.  Loosely (very) put, axis I (bipolar, etc) is concurrent but independent and axis II (personality, maladaptive) is more intertwined.  For such a late-stage drunk, I'm assuming Kim qualifies for a lot of other diagnoses.  In any case, none of it can be examined by professionals in good-faith until she's actually sober.

Luckily we are not those professionals!

Besides using her hands, what made it even better is that she was making 5 lbs of chicken salad for two people to eat before they went to the prom.  As I recall, the kids did not eat anything because they were going to have dinner at the prom.  Ridiculous every which way.

Oh god, that was uniquely depressing. She should screen cap that scene and hang it on the wall when she forgets that she does, in fact, not "love her life."

Edited for obnoxiousness and clarity 

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 4

Besides using her hands, what made it even better is that she was making 5 lbs of chicken salad for two people to eat before they went to the prom. As I recall, the kids did not eat anything because they were going to have dinner at the prom. Ridiculous every which way.

Thanks for reminding me that. It was just for the two kids going to prom lol. I had it my head that it for some party. That scene is priceless. Someone mentioned another scene where Kim stares at the dryer while eating cheetos lol Kim is just not right even when sober,in both scenes she just stares off into nothingness. Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1

I thought the daughter, her date, and some friends were coming back to the house to party there after?  Who knows?  It was a sad scene though.

IF (big if) Kim is bi-polar, that might explain her addictions.  Many bi-polars try to self medicate, to either even out the highs and lows, or to get back to a high or calm state.  Also, medications for bi-polar are not exact, doctors do often try several drugs, and combinations, some work, some make it worse, and they hit the drawing board again.  It's a scary thing really.  I had a bi-polar friend who killed herself during one of those lows.  None of the medications ever really helped her.

• Love 2

My recollection is that when Paul was told the meds Kim was taking his reaction was that it explained Kim's odd behavior, prior to that Paul was calling Kim out for being wasted, and once told about the meds he now understood what was going on, which amounted to Paul IMO giving Kim a pass for the behavior that he initially referred to as inebriation.

Paul was very concerned about the meds she was on. Yes, he said it explained a lot of things but he was still very concerned. I don't think what we heard was everything she takes/took and he/they did not list doses or frequency so there is still a big portion missing (not that I think they should reveal everything). Are these meds prescribed by 1 or several physicians because there has to be 1 DR coordinating her entire medication regiment. I don't think he gave her a "pass on her behavior" but said it explained some of her odd behavior. Bottom line, Paul was still concerned even after he knew what she was taking.

• Love 4

I thought the daughter, her date, and some friends were coming back to the house to party there after?  Who knows?  It was a sad scene though.

IF (big if) Kim is bi-polar, that might explain her addictions.  Many bi-polars try to self medicate, to either even out the highs and lows, or to get back to a high or calm state.  Also, medications for bi-polar are not exact, doctors do often try several drugs, and combinations, some work, some make it worse, and they hit the drawing board again.  It's a scary thing really.  I had a bi-polar friend who killed herself during one of those lows.  None of the medications ever really helped her.

I remember her saying something about the kids coming back to the house as well. Kim peeking out the blind was so sad, most parents are outside when their kids get in the car/limo on prom night, she hid like her daughter was embarrassed of her.

Many people with mental illness self medicate for a variety of reasons and getting someone's medication plan correct does take time and needs to be re-evaluated/adjusted on a regular basis. There is no way for any of us to know which came first, drug addiction or mental illness and at this point, it does not matter. Kim refuses to get help for whatever is going on with her and she is the only one that can make that happen.

• Love 3

Hey gang, not moving any posts but lets keep the discussion in this thread based on the episode and take the speculation about Kim relating to past episodes etc. over to her topic. Thank you!

• Love 2

Ok, I just noticed it, Eileen's green lace blouse she wears in her talking heads does nothing for her. Quite awful in fact.

Oh my heck - every time there is a TH where she's wearing that top, I die because I think her boobs look so fantastic in it. I long to wear that top and have my boobs look like hers.

Yes, Andy did this last year too. He didn't drink all of January.

It probably makes him feel better about all the drinking he does the rest of the year :)

Yeah, Dry January. It's a tradition, I have a few friends who did it this past year. Maybe it's an NYC or media people thing, but I don't think so. Anyway, it made for some very dull January parties.

• Love 4

I don't think cry-yelling works particularly well on or for anyone. It hasn't done a thing for me.

msblossom - You quoted only a part of my post. My entire comment was in response to why Kyle bothers to trying to speak to her sister as if she is of healthy mind. My response was, Kyle reacts to Kim's addiction/behavior because it is Kyle's own repetitive behavior towards her sister that many people exhibit when dealing with the addict. Never did I comment that it is helpful, merely giving my own personal insight on how some people deal with the addict in their life.

I have noted before that Kim either has some mental issues or disorder that has possibly plagued her before her addiction or, that she has fried her brain from years of addiction. There has to be some damage to her brain.

I noticed how Brandi took a quick glance to the camera crew when she mentioned Kim wearing a patch.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2

I had the TV on in the kitchen this morning while putting groceries away and RHOBH was on Bravo. If I knew they were going to rerun the past few episodes this morning, I wouldn't have bothered to watch them On Demand last night. Foolishly, I left it on while while puttering around and by the time I was done, I started to doubt my own sanity.  I've had more than enough of Kim, Brandi and Kyle this week.  The one thing that especially annoyed me today was Kyle's "cry-screaming" voice.  She's well on her way to having a voice almost as bad as Teresa Giudice's.  Of all the women on RHOBH. Kyle seems to be the one with the greatest "it's all about me" attitude.

Last night I posted that I thought the next housewife to bring the drama would be LisaR.  After listening to it all again this morning, I'm more convinced of that than ever.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

After rewatching the episode and the comments by Lisav and Lisar what is becoming apparent a strong case for Brandi and jealousy could be made.  Brandi has made this prediction that it would make Kyle happy to see Kim fail in her sobriety and all I can see is Brandi being as helpful as possible to push this agenda.  I don't believe for a moment if Kim were in so much pain and Brandi were encouraging her to go to the doctor that Brandi had not been clued in on Kim being impaired.  Now Brandi's account is she realized how off Kim was and all she wanted to do was keep her close at Poker Night.  Brandi was pushing and playing off Kim in the girls behaving badly department on Poker Night.

I was also a bit startled by Brandi's idea of a group intervention under the guise of trying to get the entire group to get along and the therapist someone targeting Kim???  Brandi's real BFF is an addiction counselor has she ever paid attention to what this woman does?   What rings true to me nearly six months after these events were filmed Kim is so incredibly clueless as to her of culpability in this situation.  I guess Kim is counting on world to buy into the Brandi/Kyle jealousy storyline. 

Whenever Kim feels demeaned by Brandi I like the way she gives her a break-Brandi claims the wedding (which by this point in filming was six weeks earlier) was so stressful for Kim, Kim simply claims it was the biggest joy in her life, Brandi fears the pressure that comes with being Kim's designated BFF, Kim relieves her of the pressure by naming three long time best friends.  I wonder how many take the 2 am phone calls?

• Love 2

So LisaR is a good friend of Kyles and knows all about Kim and her sobriety. Now that she's featured as a cast member, I can't say I blame Kim for turning to Brandi and no longer trusting Kyle. In the event Kim is off the wagon she might be leery of LisaR and might not have talked to her. No wonder Kim was so upset that LisaR called Kyle to inform her about Kim's behavior in the limo.

I still haven't seen the last episode. LisaR called Kyle and told her about the limo ride? Good for her! Even if this weren't happening on a TV show, I think that it is good that LisaR isn't pretending that everything fine and dandy. Especially, when you consider how long LisaR has known Kyle. It would make no sense for her to pretend that everything was fine when she saw first hand how Kim was behaving with a camera present.

• Love 3

Did LisaR call Kyle?  I thought she sent Kyle a text during the limo ride to tell Kyle that "Kim wasn't feeling well."  I'm pretty sure that was the gist of one of the yelling scenes in Eileen's driveway.  Kim heard someone say LisaR had told Kyle that she was acting strange, and Kim started yelling at Lisa.  Then Lisa said she told Kyle that Kim wasn't feeling well.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 3

Did LisaR call Kyle?  I thought she sent Kyle a text during the limo ride to tell Kyle that "Kim wasn't feeling well."  I'm pretty sure that was the gist of one of the yelling scenes in Eileen's driveway.  Kim heard someone say LisaR had told Kyle that she was acting strange, and Kim started yelling at Lisa.  Then Lisa said she told Kyle that Kim wasn't feeling well.

I haven't seen the last episode, so I was asking if LisaR called Kyle. My recollection of the episodes I have seen was the same as yours, that she said Kim wasn't feeling well in a text. I wanted to know if there was actually a call.

I've seen the past few episodes more times than I care to admit.  My only excuse is that it's February and a really bad winter here on the east coast. My outdoor excursions are limited to work and grocery shopping.  

Even after several viewings I have not been able to determine the reason for Kim's five day hospital stay (other than 100% pain).  In today's world hospital stays are cut to a minimum.  Five days is a significant in patient hospital stay.  We've heard the hernia story.  I did hear Kim say she coughed and heard something pop (or crack) but I'm still not clear on what that five day stay entailed.  Did she have surgery?  Did Kyle visit her in the hospital?

• Love 1

I haven't seen the last episode, so I was asking if LisaR called Kyle. My recollection of the episodes I have seen was the same as yours, that she said Kim wasn't feeling well in a text. I wanted to know if there was actually a call.

Whatever it was Brandi claimed she knew Kim wasn't right.  Maybe Kyle was stupid enough to share the info with her--it seems Brandi was the one to tell Kim.  Perfect for Brandi's methods make Kim feel isolated. 

• Love 2

I still haven't seen the last episode. LisaR called Kyle and told her about the limo ride? Good for her! Even if this weren't happening on a TV show, I think that it is good that LisaR isn't pretending that everything fine and dandy. Especially, when you consider how long LisaR has known Kyle. It would make no sense for her to pretend that everything was fine when she saw first hand how Kim was behaving with a camera present.

All Lisa R said to Kyle, in a text, was that "Kim was not feeling well". She didn't even say that Kim was acting crazy, which she was. Lisa R played it down to Kyle.

I've seen the past few episodes more times than I care to admit.  My only excuse is that it's February and a really bad winter here on the east coast. My outdoor excursions are limited to work and grocery shopping.  

Even after several viewings I have not been able to determine the reason for Kim's five day hospital stay (other than 100% pain).  In today's world hospital stays are cut to a minimum.  Five days is a significant in patient hospital stay.  We've heard the hernia story.  I did hear Kim say she coughed and heard something pop (or crack) but I'm still not clear on what that five day stay entailed.  Did she have surgery?  Did Kyle visit her in the hospital?

Kim wrote in her blog that she was hospitalized for 9 days, she then told Brandi that it was 6-7 days then she told the Lisa's and Eileen that it was 5 days. Her explanation was that she "coughed and heard a pop", screamed in pain and then Monty drove her to the hospital for how ever long. She claims to have suffered a broken rib, a ruptured disc and a hiatal hernia from that 1 cough. Mind you, she was seen smoking a cigar the night before at Eileen's poker party, yelling, kicking at Lisa R in the limo, all with no coughing at all.

She did not have any surgery, at least she has not claimed to have had any during her hospital stay. Her whole story is suspect IMO.

• Love 12