Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Grammy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Is it just me, or is the sound mix really off? Every performance so far is murky.

twenty one pilots just took off their pants...I'm sure there is a story.

ETA: They did tell the story. Great speech.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2
Just now, mtlchick said:

Twenty Pilots takes off their pants.  The guy in front (Dwight Yoakam?) doesn't get it.  Then they explain why.  Makes sense. 

I thought it was kinda charming. 

• Love 4

Is it just me, or is the sound mix really off? Every performance so far is murky.

Also the announcers are clearly not hearing when they stop announcing the nominees, because both J Lo and Nick Jonas just stood for seconds not realizing it was their cue to read the winner.

Those aren't just backup singers - that's Daft Punk, one of the most critically and commercially successful groups. They also won AOTY at the Grammys in 2014.

If anything, the Weeknd should be more than grateful that Daft Punk is standing up there on the stage with him. 

• Love 16

OK folks, you can't crawl up into Beyonce's womb because she's already at capacity. Jesus. Are there ANY other performers tonight?

The sound pretty much bites and yet....this is a MUSIC show.

Bring on the George Michael tribute.

• Love 8

I agree about The Weeknd being bland and middle-of-the-road. As a matter of fact, he's kind of the male version of Ariana Grande. But Daft Punk is great.

Carrie Underwood and Keith Urban didn't sound great. They don't sing those kinds of songs, plus there's something else off with the sound.

Twenty Pilots? Eh. Cute story, but GET TO THE FUCKING POINT AND GET OFF THE STAGE. THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GIVE YOU ALL DAY TO TELL YOUR WHOLE LIFE'S STORY.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Between Graham Norton and SNL, I've heard enough Ed "Muppet" Sheeran for a lifetime this weekend. Seriously he sounds like any subway busker you can hear in any major city's  transportation system.

He sounds like The Weeknd singing this song. The lyrics sound like one of his songs too. I'm indifferent to liking or disliking him.

Edited by Jaded

I like Ed Sheeran but the older I get the more pretentious and obnoxious I find it to show up to Big Events underdressed. This is the Grammys and Ed's dressed like he just came from the skate park. And this coffeeshop stripped-down shit might work for Good Morning America. It's okay to give a performance at the freaking Grammys. Stop being annoying Ed. Thanks.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, 27bored said:

I like Ed Sheeran but the older I get the more pretentious and obnoxious I find it to show up to Big Events underdressed. This is the Grammys and Ed's dressed like he just came from the skate park. 

In fairness, Ed does get dressed up for the actual show/red carpet. I've seen him wear a suit almost every year he's attended. He likely just changed for his performance. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, susannot said:

I predict this is the first of several awards for David Bowie tonight, after he is dead. Interesting that neither Iman nor their daughter showed up to accept.

Blackstar(song and album) won all the awards they were nominated for. I believe rock song was the final nomination.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Artsda said:

They finally give David Bowie an award and nobody showed up on his behalf to accept it? 

They don't know beforehand who will win.

Perhaps they are still grieving? Maybe they are not ready to be out in the public only to be bombarded with questions about him?

Jennifer Lopez had a different color face than the rest of her body. Cannot stand her.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

They finally give David Bowie an award and nobody showed up on his behalf to accept it? 

I don't blame them for not showing up.  Little late to reward his work now when he's not here anymore.

• Love 8

I like the sound of that boy who just sang.

Why TF is Beyonce's MOM here?

Maybe it's my Jurassic bones but I've never gotten just what is so "it" about her.  I know the Beyhive will come for me because of that. Like I am bored to tears right now and so far won't be discussing this at the water cooler tomorrow.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 9

Wow, Lukas Graham sounds great. First singer to sound on key the entire time. Kelsey Ballerini sounded...off.

Beyonce's mom looks weird. She looks like Joseph Jackson trying to be a woman. And she has Beyonce Hair. Weird.

• Love 1

OMG get on with it Beyonce. 

Jesus.  Even with Michael Jackson in his prime wasn't THIS self indulgent in an intro to a TV performance.

This. And that's saying something. I assume she's performing Pray You Catch Me, which I actually love but I've gotten bored waiting for it to start. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 3

I remember one Oscars when they had Beyoncé mumble her way through ALL five nominated songs. And a few years ago she melisma-ed her way through Mahalia Jackson's wonderful Take My Hand Precious Lord. It was a crime against music.

• Love 5

So basically, Beyonce? Your man cheated on you and then knocked you up and this is supposed to be the Newest Shit Ever? Girl bye. At least no one will say she faked this one because ol girl is clearly pregnant. Her boobs looks like they stank like a shower fart. But if this performance doesn't end soon, she's going to give birth to little Ivan and Ivor on the stage.

• Love 8