Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: It's Just A Scratch

• Start Topic

Perhaps it wasn't the amount or type of food served, but the time the food was served.

Let's say you eat dinner at 6, go to Eileen's at 8:30, sit through scene after scene, take after take, while sitting at a poker table and drinking.  If no food was offered during that time, I can see a problem.  Of course you could always just not drink like a fish.

At a 'real' party, I doubt it would've happened like this, but maybe production was trying to rush and just wanted everybody to sit down and get it over with.  I didn't even see a bowl of nuts on the table.  After the poker game, they were all circling the island in the kitchen like vultures.

I'm pretty sure it was Eileen that mentioned in a talking head that it was about 10 pm when Kim decided to leave.  She said it was early and she was surprised Kim was leaving.

If that's the case, and people arrived at 8:30, then it was only a bit more than an hour to an hour and a half that they were drinking before chowing down in the kitchen.  But the kids pancakes were certainly out before the game started.

• Love 5

Yipes!  I seem to have started the convo about Kim's motives in taking Monty on.  My point was that Kim might have been setting herself up for a fall, probably unconsciously.  It was about self-sabotage and really even more about how Kim seems to have NO real experienced eyes on her to help her in sorting some of her motivations out.  A person in real recovery would have a solid network to lean on -- and folks who really care about her would be pointing out these sorts of temptations and possible pitfalls. That's all that was meant -- And it was offered up because I know this from my own life experience -- Not from observing it in others but from living it in my own skin. It's not pretty.   Addicts in active mode do all manner of things to get their high on -- including stealing and certainly stealing from people close to them.  If Kim, in rehab, hasn't been made to produce a complete written list of stuff she's done to get her fixes, she's been going to the wrong rehabs. 

It's just the weirdness of addiction.  You live in constant fear of people absolutely hating you and calling you names but in truth need people around who care for you enough to get honest about what you may be up to not because you're a monster but because you're ill and there is still no cure.  And who can point this stuff out calmly and consistently without having it be all about them for a few minutes.  On camera, we get most of these ladies acting as though they can't fully make out what's going with Kim, while they insinuate all kinds of things -- and then treating her with kid gloves because it's such a horrible condition and she's so fragile and blah blah blah.  Does she even have anyone modeling for her what her own healthy approach to the problem might be?  Let's hope there is someone out there who can do this for her and show her how to be on the lookout.

Whether or not appropriate to get into any of that here is another story so point taken. 

Master manipulators tend to fly under the radar and not get caught stirring it up with their asses hanging out all the time. Vanderpump is a master manipulator.  The BPD diagnosis may be spot on but I see Brandi as more of a sloppy, obvious 24/7 manipulator for hire.  Or someone with BPD whom Bravo is exploiting in the same way they are using Kim.

• Love 4
Let's say you eat dinner at 6, go to Eileen's at 8:30, sit through scene after scene, take after take, while sitting at a poker table and drinking.  If no food was offered during that time, I can see a problem.  Of course you could always just not drink like a fish.

They could have eaten earlier if they'd wanted to. As was pointed out they already had the food ready by the time the women got there they just needed to bake and heat various items. It wasn't like at Dana's where all of the women were complaining about being hungry with Dana asking them why they didn't eat before they came. Even Taylor was complaining about wanting food. (I personally would have ordered pizza if I'd attended the original Game Night.) Brandi made no mention of being hungry nor did she make any comments then about the lack of food--something I feel she would have done at the time as she seems willing to criticize Eileen for the smallest thing.

to assume that Kim agreed to take care of Monty so she can get his meds is pretty damn ugly.

I think it's pretty ugly of Kim to have a conversation with someone where it couldn't be more clear that Kim is primarily (entirely?) concerned about herself when it comes to Monty's situation. In that conversation she didn't spare a single thought for how he was feeling--if anything during that conversation, LisaR seemed more concerned with what Monty was going through than Kim did. Kim has also twice confirmed now that she used Monty's powerful pain medication while adding that she had no idea how they would make her feel or behave. This is incredibly irresponsible behavior and Kim won't even acknowledge it. Instead she wants to talk about how "strong" she is in her sobriety (an insult to the people who are really working hard at it) and wants to make it seem like people who don't believe her absurd excuses are just unfairly "assuming" things about her.

I feel like excuses are constantly being made to cut Kim slack on her behavior. I also disagree with the idea that it's supposedly mental illness that keeps her from recognizing when she is being rude or unacceptable. I can concede that she might not recognize that she's being an asshole in the actual moment. But when she can watch the episode (if we can believe that she watched the most recent crop of episodes) and completely downplay all of her offensive behavior--I find that almost impossible to believe especially when she's able to recognize when bad behavior, similar bad behavior, is somehow wrong for other people to engage in. 

Kim didn't even blink when she heard about the wine throwing incident. She immediately felt that everything should be okay because Brandi made some half assed apology. It just shows how immature and ridiculous Kim can be. As if she'd *ever* get over someone throwing a glass of wine on her.

High or sober, Kim comes across as a very thoughtless and selfish woman.

I'm pretty sure that all of you know someone with dependency that you have no clue about because they are able to function somewhat normally.

This doesn't apply to Kim though. It barely applies to Brandi at this point. ETA: People who watch CA but don't watch RHBH seem to think that Brandi is smart, entertaining, and with it.

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 7

This is probably not important but someone at the beginning mentioned that Brandi didn't buy any jewelry - just took the gift bag and left.  

Not that it matters, but I think Brandi did by jewelry, when she was saying goodbye she had a receipt in her hand with her wallet.  That type of jewelry you don't buy and take with you - you order it and it's shipped to you (or the host). 

• Love 6

I'm sure all of this has been said already but...

Brandi's dress was no dress, if it was it was designed for a woman 5'5" not a 6' skank. Would have it killed her to put on a pair of leggings? When the bottom button is parallel with your vag it's not appropriate to wear out in public. Even to a public school.

Lisa Rinna on the other hand shows us exactly how to wear a plunging neckline (Brandi take notes). Her dress at the jewelry party was spot on. It was sexy, casual and comfortable all at the same time, I loved it. I'm probably biased though because I love her, she is funny, a little quirky, and not afraid to speak her mind without being offensive.

I'm also crushing on Eileen.

Kyle on the other hand still annoys the shit out of me. Yet again she will not say my sister was fucked up. The other ladies don't know Kim admitted to her she had taken 'a pill' and Kyle was not going to volunteer that information. She had every opportunity in the car ride home with Lisa, with Lisa straight up saying 'there is addiction going on and no one is saying anything about it'. But no, she just sits there playing stupid, then deflects everything (Kim's behavior and obvious fall of the wagon) by telling everyone my sister is in the hospital, oh what's wrong with her? I don't know, the doctors don't know, she just has pain!! Shut the fuck up unless you can be truthful, to yourself, your 'friends' and your 'fans'.

Edited by mla40
  • Love 4

Kyle's manner of pursuit, good intentions aside, is also always very aggressive in these instances. She gets frenzied and pushy and hysterical.  That part I think Kim just LOVES because watching sis lose control puts Kim back in the driver's seat.  Or so she thinks.  Brandi isn't too far off in saying these two hate each other.

EXACTLY! This is my point exactly. Good intentions, all that history, Kim's antics and bad decisions still doesn't change the fact that Kyle doesn't help matters when they arise either. I just think that each occurrence should be taken at face value and although there are many many layers to this debacle of a relationship there has been enough experience between these two that I really don't see how Kyle by now hasn't at the very least created a superficial dance that she has in place so SHE isn't frenzied, hysterical and oh so tormented and can just detach, take a breath and step away.  A plan of action FOR HERSELF since it's been such a reoccurring thing in her life. Something like, texting Maurico to get her or a code word with a friend that says Kim's at it, I will lose it, I need to get out of here. (Pineapples, LOL) Just something besides jumping right in and playing out that same old sad script.

I get that it's hard but to me its more about getting that phone call saying she needs help financially, that call in the middle of the night that she's in the hospital, that call from her slurring, telling you she doesn't know where she is, that call saying she hasn't picked up the kids from school please come get them year after year after year.  That's where to me, the real torment lies and the real outbursts are warranted. Build up or not the angst that Kyle displays at these dinner parties, poker parties, game nights doesn't seem to be in proportion to the situation at hand.  I mean, I guess maybe Kyle has earned the right to just have her outbursts because damn it, Kim has just been such burden but I don't agree with that logic.

And it's not about letting Kim "get away" with anything. At the end of the day she's not skipping home to a palace with servants rubbing her feet while her loyal subjects keep her bathed and fed. She goes home with an addiction, lives in a fishbowl, saddled with a stigma and judged by millions. Whether she's brought it onto herself or not that's her life so I'm not going to absolve Kyle and her dramatics and grant her immunity for her bad choices with Kim just because "she's put her time in" or "paid her dues".

Also, something that really bugs me about Kyle is that she likes to get in your personal space and she's done it more than once so no I don't think Brandi using her body counts as Brandi getting physical first. Kyle is the one getting in people's personal spaces so if she isn't worried about putting herself in someone's space and then escalating it by putting her hands on them then all bets are off. I mean honestly I just don't understand the need for the extra dramatics. 

And it's not about cutting Kim off cause it seems like Kyle will never be able to and that's understandable. It's about letting the night/episode exhaust itself and then following up later when things die down. I did it with my mom for years. It seems that the worse that comes out of these gatherings when Kim is not quite right is that she gets the side eye from people. I just don't get how after all these years Kyle still acts out so strongly in these moments. Yeah, yeah the anger the hurt and all that but as someone who went through every emotion imaginable with my Mom there came a time where it just didn't make sense to always be so emotionally raw for each and every thing. I knew all I needed to know and situation by situation I decide how I would proceed. Whether or not I wanted to or was prepared to be around her. So, at some point yes, IT IS Kyle's responsibility to remove herself from the drama instead of using her years emotional distress as an excuse to unleash her aggressiveness onto Kim when the opportunity presents itself. The limo being a good case in point.

• Love 6

Also, can anyone help me with one of Eileen's lines from this week's show after Kyle and LisaR drive away.  I thought it was in response to someone asking if Kyle was alright and Eileen deadpanned with something like "except for the gash in her arm.  I think she might need stitches."  Or was she still making fun of Brandi going around showing everyone the small scratch on her arm?

I think she was just being a little sarcastic.  If it were a significant injury, it would probably be played waaaaaaay up.   

Also, someone upthread mentioned Eileen saying she found a bra in the driveway; I thought she said a brawl in the driveway.  

• Love 4

I don't have a problem with an assortment of appetizers at a poker party that starts at 8:30 pm.  As Eileen said in her blog, it was a poker party, not a dinner party.  And she also said that there was quite a bit of food, and it had been catered.  Appetizers/hors d'oeuvres can certainly be far more substantial than chips & dip, and clearly these were.  Cocktail parties are adult parties with alcohol and appetizers, so how is that any different?  Brandi's expectation of a full-course meal that would sufficiently absorb all the alcohol she intended to drink was unreasonable. I'm  much more willing to take Eileen's word about the whole thing over Brandi's, as Brandi has proven herself to be less than credible many times. 

And even if Eileen served Cheetos & ice water, it's bad form to make fun of the food that's served when you're a guest in someone's home.  Send snarky texts to your friends or giggle on the phone about it if you must, but being rude about this kind of thing publicly is a whole other level, and IMO Eileen had every right to come right back at her.  Brandi embarrassed herself by showing her ignorance about the "pancakes", and blatantly publicly insulted Eileen besides.  She's no innocent victim in all of this, and should certainly be prepared to take it if she's so intent on dishing it out.

I wonder what type of food Brandi served at her "house-warming" party....I don't recall seeing much food prep going on during the pre-party scenes - just her Mom and some other guy cutting up lemons and limes.  There were no shots of a food display that I can recall - just shots of her tacky bar with Pinnacle Vodka well displayed.

I only think that the food would be inadequate if a guest decided to drink heavily. (And why would anyone want to drink heavily knowing full well that they're going to be on camera?) Since the event didn't last that long there's no reason for Brandi to have become as intoxicated as she was. There were sliders, pizza, and other appetizers plus desserts. Brandi's the one who decided to drink before she got to the party in addition to whatever she had when she was there. Eileen wasn't giving a dinner party. With Game Night it was daylight outside when most of the cast arrived and they were there for a lot longer than they would have been because they were waiting on Kim. Dana had breadsticks and desserts. Eileen definitely had more items to choose from than Dana did and certainly enough to soak up the alcohol Brandi had downed if she'd been so inclined. 

Does Brandi forcefully putting her arm against Kyle's chest in order to block her from Kim not count as touching? Brandi might not have been using her hands but she was definitely touching Kyle with her body in a forceful manner as Kyle repeatedly asked her not to do so. I don't see how Brandi got a bad edit here. The constant shots of her drinking--the editors are working with what Brandi is giving them IMO and so far Brandi has been giving them a lot of rude and obnoxious wine throwing type behavior. That's all on Brandi as far as I'm concerned. Should Bravo have kept from showing some of Brandi's more embarrassing moments and comments this season? 

If Bravo did that, we wouldn't see much of Brandi this season, would we?    ;-)

• Love 4

This reminds me of Kim's "relationship" with Ken that sort of sprang up out of nowhere.  She was clearly using and lonely and lo and behold she meets someone 'hanging out' by her mailbox who can keep her company and do drugs with her.  Convenient.  As I recall, the entire family was firmly against him from the get go.  It seemed like they had seen this exact behavior before from Kim.  Substitute Brandi for Ken.

Also, can anyone help me with one of Eileen's lines from this week's show after Kyle and LisaR drive away.  I thought it was in response to someone asking if Kyle was alright and Eileen deadpanned with something like "except for the gash in her arm.  I think she might need stitches."  Or was she still making fun of Brandi going around showing everyone the small scratch on her arm?

I noticed Kim a couple of times hinted physically and verbally that there was more to her relationship with Brandi than BFF. Sort of like experimenting college coeds or just two gals in search of an edgy storyline.

• Love 3

They could have eaten earlier if they'd wanted to. As was pointed out they already had the food ready by the time the women got there they just needed to bake and heat various items. It wasn't like at Dana's where all of the women were complaining about being hungry with Dana asking them why they didn't eat before they came. Even Taylor was complaining about wanting food. (I personally would have ordered pizza if I'd attended the original Game Night.) Brandi made no mention of being hungry nor did she make any comments then about the lack of food--something I feel she would have done at the time as she seems willing to criticize Eileen for the smallest thing.

I think it's pretty ugly of Kim to have a conversation with someone where it couldn't be more clear that Kim is primarily (entirely?) concerned about herself when it comes to Monty's situation. In that conversation she didn't spare a single thought for how he was feeling--if anything during that conversation, LisaR seemed more concerned with what Monty was going through than Kim did. Kim has also twice confirmed now that she used Monty's powerful pain medication while adding that she had no idea how they would make her feel or behave. This is incredibly irresponsible behavior and Kim won't even acknowledge it. Instead she wants to talk about how "strong" she is in her sobriety (an insult to the people who are really working hard at it) and wants to make it seem like people who don't believe her absurd excuses are just unfairly "assuming" things about her.

I feel like excuses are constantly being made to cut Kim slack on her behavior. I also disagree with the idea that it's supposedly mental illness that keeps her from recognizing when she is being rude or unacceptable. I can concede that she might not recognize that she's being an asshole in the actual moment. But when she can watch the episode (if we can believe that she watched the most recent crop of episodes) and completely downplay all of her offensive behavior--I find that almost impossible to believe especially when she's able to recognize when bad behavior, similar bad behavior, is somehow wrong for other people to engage in. 

Kim didn't even blink when she heard about the wine throwing incident. She immediately felt that everything should be okay because Brandi made some half assed apology. It just shows how immature and ridiculous Kim can be. As if she'd *ever* get over someone throwing a glass of wine on her.

High or sober, Kim comes across as a very thoughtless and selfish woman.

This doesn't apply to Kim though. It barely applies to Brandi at this point. ETA: People who watch CA but don't watch RHBH seem to think that Brandi is smart, entertaining, and with it.

It may not apply to Kim but, we have no reason to think that the other extreme applies either. She doesn't have to be one extreme or the other is my point. It is a continuum not you either are an addict that agrees to care for a dying man so you can steal his pain meds or a functioning addict. It is a problem how we treat addiction when the public doesn't understand there are subtleties to the condition. 

• Love 1

Eileen's food looked okay to me too.  Folks on a real high, unless they have the munchies, typically don't care about eating food anyway -- Don't even see it, not until they're on the other side.  As in "Where's my pizza?"  Anyone working on this show -- and it is a job after all -- I'm sure packs snacks and such, knowing that production may pull the rug out from under them and offer tons of booze and little to eat. I know I would. 

The real danger zone was the poker game and the near occasion of sin in having booze all around. The Richards cannot handle parlor games and competition!   All of their dislike and mistrust comes tumbling out.  Add Brandi, some innocent bystanders, and holy smokes. 

If Brandi doesn't bring the scenes, the vulgarities, and the crazy trouble making to the RHBH, she's gone and no paycheck for her.  I think she's presented with a general roster of potential storms she's meant to incite during the season and goes at it.  To include insulting Joyce repeatedly last season.  Not saying I like her, mind you, just that I believe she definitely lays it on extra extra thick for reasons that have to do with Bravo entertainment. 

Kyle needs to calm down and stop following Kim into bathrooms for private chats when she's on a bender. Kim doesn't seem to get that we, the viewers, and anyone in a room with her when she's flying high can clearly see that she's altered.  So she gets angry with Kyle for pointing out on camera what she thinks is hidden.  The stigma on women when they have addiction problems is even heavier too.  It's a prime reason we don't seek treatment earlier or at all. Mommy isn't supposed to be hooked on anything ever and, if she is, she's a horrible horrible person who is never to be trusted again.  Lying liar who lies -- Throw Momma from the train!

For Kim, who lives to be needed and admired, it's going to be extra tough to get real when the urge to escape hits.  I've talked plenty of smack about her because I don't care for her much but, in her defense, have to say that living with a chronic illness for which there is NO cure and is as insidious as a disease can be is a heavy load to bear and not everyone has what it takes to make it.  I see her as someone who is able to stay straight for awhile and then opts to go back out to do more research -- a revolving door of using and not using.  I doubt she'd be on the show at all if she didn't need the money or imagine, in her dimwitted way, that this has been a return to showbiz for her.  It's clear that being on the program triggers real anxiety in her -- If I were her sister, I'd be urging her to get off the gravy train.  

Kyle's manner of pursuit, good intentions aside, is also always very aggressive in these instances. She gets frenzied and pushy and hysterical.  That part I think Kim just LOVES because watching sis lose control puts Kim back in the driver's seat.  Or so she thinks.  Brandi isn't too far off in saying these two hate each other.  

Envy is a real trigger for Kim, I think.  Having to hang out at Eileen's -- a successful blonde actress with a long, steady career, married to a sensible fellow, some children still in the house -- earning top bank on the show, everyone kissing her bottom.  Except Brandi, of course, who is also triggered by envy.  They both have some serious problems -- Kim is the hot mess that we all see -- and Brandi suffers from some real boundary issues for which she is handsomely paid. Brandi confuses being liberated with being mean and vulgar.

There is a lot here I agree with.  My entertainment needs aside, I think if the Richards sisters (respectively, both) really prioritized any recovery, they'd leave the show. Period.  Especially, Kim who, at her best, has the emotional self-care skills of an eleven year old. I have no idea what Kim's financial needs are (separate from her standard of living) but, dude, this isn't like potential homelessness, is it?  Come on.  

I think envy is absolutely a trigger for Kim, as well as a point of digression. My guess, and you can see it in Kim's sad dopey eyebrows whenever some other woman's dignity is afoot, is that for Kim a lot of being well means having certain shit in place that is ultimately a potential benefit of getting better but not the condition of getting better.

I agree, recovery from addiction is a constant decision without guarantee, and many respects, without a capital-S solution. It's not for everyone.  It may not even be for the people who think they've got it down.  This shit is hard.  It requires a massive emotional and existential risk.  Any good support system would urge Kim to call her return to showbiz quits.

Good thing I'm not her support system!

Edited by runforcover
  • Love 6

Your analysis would be spot on if it wasn't totally wrong.

You see Kim followed Kyle into the bathroom. Kyle was trying to get away from the crazy. It followed her like a dog with bad skin in an ill fitting suit. It is all on Kim.

I used to be a big fan of Kim and made a lot of excuses for her. Not any more. Once you team up with Brandi against your own sister you get what you deserve.

• Love 23

Wanting is not the same as saying. I got the impression after Kim had gone too far with Kyle and followed her to the bathroom, Kim was sort of okay with Kyle and then she looked at someone and decided Kyle's words (which she could not remember) weren't okay. Maybe she thought Kyle might say something? I think Kim is actually probably wanting to make this gig work and knows she needs to be there when filming is going on. I think part of her lengthy hospitalization gave her an escape from filming excuse.

The rest of Kim's blog makes absolutely no sense. If the argument between Kyle and Brandi wasn't about Kim what was it about? I get it is about boundaries and control but it wasn't about the Lisa and Eileen or not getting pizza. One thing is for certain Kim is still not feeling any sisterly love towards Kyle.

I cringed when Kim was walking in the kitchen to say goodbye, and Kyle was talking about being embarrassed. I thought she was talking about Kim, but she was actually talking about her math skills/poker. I wonder if Kim heard that and thought Kyle was talking about her?
  • Love 6

Kim's blog was bad enough but Brandi's just makes me see red. She even had me going for a second when she said that she needed to apologize to Vince and Eileen for the comments she made about their home. I thought, 'Oh, okay, that's nice. At least she's able to make something of an apology which is more than Kim seems capable of doing.' Then exactly one sentence later she's essentially saying that she should have fake complimented Eileen and then talked shit behind her in her TH because 'that's what "classy" ladies do" according to Brandi. The implication is that Eileen and others are two-faced in their THs. Grrrrr with this woman!

I haven't even finished reading it. Three paragraphs in and I need a rest from the bullshit. I wonder if Brandi knows what projecting means because she does that shit a lot.  

• Love 9

Totally laughing at Lisa V.'s blog - she is clearly holding a grudge over Kyle stating that she holds onto a grudge! It's too funny, she simply cannot let it go and thereby proves Kyle's point.

"Kid's pancakes" will never not be funny to me.

My goodness. Lisa's writing is awful. Anyway, it's funny that she also claims that she tried to warn Kyle. Lisa has conflated her (super duper, rapid fire, butt buddy) friendship with Brandi with Kyle and Brandi getting to know each other in a much slower fashion. 

If Brandi could see this then why was she doing everything to keep Kim hyped up and acting crazy all during that whole time they were playing poker?  If you ask me, the only reason she wanted Kim to leave was because Kim went into the bathroom with Kyle and that pissed Brandi the fuck off.  She didn't want Kim interacting with Kyle unless it was throwing a slew of insults her way like they were doing before Kyle went into the bathroom.  Brandi is using Kim to discredit Kyle.  That's what I believe anyway. 

Brandi really didn't want Kim interacting with Kyle. It's also very telling that she was deflated when Kim turned to her in the driveway and said [paraphrase], "Don't do that. She's my sister." Brandi's, "Oh, wow. OK" was a pathetic response. Why was she taken aback by Kim's statement of fact? Brandi loved every moment of the sniping between Kim and Kyle then shrank back when (minor though it was) Kim chastised her.

Looks like Kyle has set up the 2015 version of a flyer display.  Why confine your advertising to the foyer when your kid can have 21K followers?  Portia has her own Twitter page, capturing all the cute things she says to mommy.  Precious. ;-)

I'm sorry.  Kyle's an ass.

ETA Link:  https://twitter.com/portiaumansky

The account was started in 2011. There are no pictures (except for the account avi), and Kyle likely started it because folks were tweeting to her about the ways in which they found toddler Portia cute. 

ETA to add this gem from Brandi's blog: "Lisa R. is charming and delightful to my face but a snake behind my back. I barely know this woman, but if she truly thinks that I have a problem, the proper thing would have been to come to me before talking to Kyle about it behind my back. I really don’t want to believe that she is this careless, because everyone on the show has kids that can be affected by comments like these. These are very serious accusations and throwing them around for public fodder is simply irresponsible, and she should be disappointed in herself."

*blinks*

Brandi has forgotten about the crystal meth accusation she tossed at Kim, I see.

Edited by Mozelle
  • Love 15

Well, like an idiot, I kept reading Brandi's blog.

"Lisa R. is charming and delightful to my face but a snake behind my back. I barely know this woman, but if she truly thinks that I have a problem, the proper thing would have been to come to me before talking to Kyle about it behind my back. I really don’t want to believe that she is this careless, because everyone on the show has kids that can be affected by comments like these. These are very serious accusations and throwing them around for public fodder is simply irresponsible, and she should be disappointed in herself. This show centers around social activities, and I'm a social drinker--that is it. This group of women can be intimidating and stressful and when we are socializing together there is ALWAYS alcohol around, so I partake."

If you're worried about your kids, don't act like a drunken fool on camera. Last time I checked no one was forcing drinks down your mouth.  You don't have to partake.

Edited by polodog
  • Love 9

Kim's blog was bad enough but Brandi's just makes me see red. 

Not to mention, it's completely false.  She says that her whole problem is that Kyle couldn't be trusted to keep Kim's "secret" - of course she brought up season one and the limo again, and says that just like then, Kyle wanted to expose Kim's problems to the whole world, wanted it on camera, and only Brandi was thinking of Kim and trying to preserve Kim's secret.

Brandi, do you think we didn't watch the episode?  KYLE was the one who whispered in the bathroom with her mic covered; KYLE was the one who refused to comment in the limo when Lisa R. was talking about the obvious addiction taking place.  YOU were the one who stated on THREE different occasions that Kim was using again:  in your talking head, when you said "Kim fell off the wagon," in the scene with your enabling buddy Jennifer G. when you said that "Kim was clearly off" and in the scene with Yolanda, when you did the same thing. 

Ugh.  What frustrates me the most is the percentage of people who will take Brandi's side on this, not that Kyle is perfect (she has many issues), but in this situation, Brandi trying to position herself as the hero is just flat out delusional.  In my opinion. 

• Love 17

Well like an idiot, I kept reading Brandi's blog.

"Lisa R. is charming and delightful to my face but a snake behind my back. I barely know this woman, but if she truly thinks that I have a problem, the proper thing would have been to come to me before talking to Kyle about it behind my back. I really don’t want to believe that she is this careless, because everyone on the show has kids that can be affected by comments like these. These are very serious accusations and throwing them around for public fodder is simply irresponsible, and she should be disappointed in herself. This show centers around social activities, and I'm a social drinker--that is it. This group of women can be intimidating and stressful and when we are socializing together there is ALWAYS alcohol around, so I partake."

If you're worried about your kids, don't act like a drunken fool on camera. 

This is always what Brandi trots out - how dare folks forget that she is a mom with kids. She did that last year when she accused Kyle of calling her a bully in the press. She was overcome with anger because she didn't want her kids to hear her called a bully. Forget that she has bathed nude on camera. Or talked about threesomes in detail on camera. Forget that she cared nothing about Adrienne's kids, or Kyle's kids when she brought up the cheating rumors, or Kim's kids with the meth comment. In her world kids are off limits, but only if they are her kids.  What a POS. 

• Love 17

Brandi has been delusional for a long time. Her attacks on Joyce last year are a perfect example. Or her outing of Adrienne's children. All of her vile behavior has been rewarded. She is still around and Joyce and Adrienne are long gone.

Satan Andy loves the evil.

• Love 8

chlban--Thank goodness for that ray of sunshine in your own family's life -- and for a super lucid and helpful explanation.  

Just to add too that, like other "stars" past or present, Kim seems to turn all her so-called friends into her celebrity handlers -- Ken, Brandi.  In her mind, she will always be that diva who deserves to be protected and catered to, no matter what.  She selects those who are less secure financially to fill this role for a spell.  "Where's my pizza?," was so so telling. 

Oh oh oh!!!

I read your post and remembered a scene from the Ken season, when Kim had her stylist at the hotel and was not only all fucked up but also in full-blown DIVA mode.

Ken was an idiot who didn't bring her the right Starbucks drink.

Ken was an idiot who didn't order her preferred pizza.

Bring me my purse.

Charge my phone.  

She talked about and ordered Ken around like he was the fucking incompetent hired help, even though he told her more than once he was trying to shower and get ready himself.

I mean, hey, I was definitely no Ken fan but goddamn...That shit was just harsh.  Even the stylist didn't appear to know quite how to respond.  

She also reached into her purse at one point to show her stylist her spiffy lipstick-disguised dildo in what was yet another (of many) extremely awkward moments that episode.

I seem to recall Ken mumbling something (right before he closed the hotel room door when Kim was searching for that elusive object on the bathroom floor) about "see what I have to deal with" or words to that effect.  Well, obviously, he didn't have to put up with anything, he was free to leave.

I could never be sure if Ken was on drugs, too, or if he was just Kim's gopher and it was one of his "jobs" to procure them for her.

Also, in Hawaii, it apparently fell to Ken to even find her bikini bottom so she could dress herself.

He was a weird one...But so is Kim, IMO.  

I thought that same "diva" behavior was on full display in the poker night episode and, even though she was totally fucked up, Kim was reveling in all of the attention.  

I think in her Baby Jane substance-addled brain, having Kyle and Brandi "fight" over her on Poker night was probably like reliving her glory days when she was likely "fought" over as a youngster for various roles.

Now I just want to see the crème de la crème - a scene of Kim doing her best "I'm ready for my closeup now, Mr. DeMille" impersonation.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 13

Looks like Kyle has set up the 2015 version of a flyer display.  Why confine your advertising to the foyer when your kid can have 21K followers?  Portia has her own Twitter page, capturing all the cute things she says to mommy.  Precious. ;-)

I'm sorry.  Kyle's an ass.

ETA Link:  https://twitter.com/portiaumansky

Holy promotion....I'm pretty neutral on Kyle, but I find that Twitter account of questionable intent.  

Is anyone really that interested in what Portia has to say that requires her own Twitter account?  

That account looks like she's really trying to make Portia "happen."  

I wonder if "Portia" will start insulting the cast mates like "Giggy" did for Lisa. 

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

I can buy that initially Brandi was brought on to be the sexy firecracker who was going to stir things up in the franchise, but to me she has crossed so many lines into the vulgar that I can't believe she still has any value to the franchise.

Her almost immediate antipathy towards Eileen -- at the very first she tried to suck up, but every meeting since then has been a shitshow that Brandi instigates. Bravo paid a LOT of money to get Eileen, I can't believe they wanted their marquee HW pissed off (although now that I think about it maybe that's Brandi's plan, to make the experience so uncomfortable for Eileen that she doesn't do another season, thereby saving her own spot in the show?). I do love how, in heels, Eileen also towers over Brandi, the only other HW to do so.

But in her zeal to be the foul-mouthed truth cannon she's coming across as the turd in the crystal punchbowl, making it ever more obvious she doesn't fit in with these women or this show. And if she fancies herself a female Howard Stern...oh honey.

And runforcover: Kim's Sad Dopey Eyebrows is my new fantasy band name, ha!

• Love 9

Kyle has a huge issue with Kim's addictions, and I totally understand that, but Kyle seemed to think Taylor Armstrong walked on water and Taylor was one disgusting drunk.  I think all of these women party hard, but Kim requires more of Kyle's attention, so she's a bigger problem for Kyle.

Lisa V's house is beautiful, but I can't imagine having 7 dogs around the white carpet and delicate décor!  I have one Golden Retriever and I spend a fortune on Swiffer refills.  I picked out my flooring to match my dog.  I wonder if her dogs have the run of her mansion?  I'm sure she has a great housecleaning staff, but doggie drool, toys with slobber on them, occasional vomit and lots of hair is tough on any home.  Besides, her home is so large, I wouldn't be surprised if the little dogs occasionally mark their territory in seldom used rooms.  But, God love her, if I could afford pet food, grooming services and vet care for 7 dogs, I'd do it too.

I don't know why any of the Ho wives complained about Eileen's food.  I doubt they eat more than a few meals a week.

When Brandi and Kim eventually have THEIR big fight, and we know it will happen, it will be the loudest, craziest fight we've witnessed on all of these shows.  It will probably need closed captions, but it will be a doozy.

• Love 16
And it's not about letting Kim "get away" with anything. At the end of the day she's not skipping home to a palace with servants rubbing her feet while her loyal subjects keep her bathed and fed. She goes home with an addiction, lives in a fishbowl, saddled with a stigma and judged by millions. Whether she's brought it onto herself or not that's her life so I'm not going to absolve Kyle and her dramatics and grant her immunity for her bad choices with Kim just because "she's put her time in" or "paid her dues".

As somebody who used the "get away" idea, I think, I do want to clarify. I'm not saying that Kyle handles everything right or that her reactions to Kim aren't flat-out bad or all about herself. I'm just saying that that's what people do--just as Kim does it, Kyle's going to do it. Her being the sober one doesn't mean she's necessarily going to be better at controlling herself. Her sister walks up out of nowhere and basically announces that she hates Kyle right then, Kyle leaps up, gets upset, needs to know what's going on. Is it all about Kyle? Sure. Is it, from an objective pov, melodramatic? Yes--from my pov Kim's just causing trouble and looking for attention and Kyle should be able to walk away. 

But that's not Kyle's personality. For whatever reason she always has a big emotional reaction to it. So if Kim provokes her and Kyle responds, putting it on Kyle to be the bigger person seems like letting Kim off the hook. Like when you've got the two siblings and one makes the other angry and the mom says, "Well, you're older so you should know better." She doesn't. She's just as screwed up as Kim. Kim knows how to push her buttons and Kim's just as capable as Kyle is of not acting in the way that always causes the same reaction. If Kim's not being held responsible for Kyle's outburst while Kyle's held responsible for escalating that's imbalanced--and more importantly it's just so in line with the way Kim's treated all the time for obvious reasons. Kim's a master of getting other people to give her less responsibility and more leeway than other people. Even in an ep where there's a fight around her the fight's about who's not being supportive enough of Kim.

• Love 11

Your analysis would be spot on if it wasn't totally wrong.

You see Kim followed Kyle into the bathroom. Kyle was trying to get away from the crazy. It followed her like a dog with bad skin in an ill fitting suit. It is all on Kim.

I used to be a big fan of Kim and made a lot of excuses for her. Not any more. Once you team up with Brandi against your own sister you get what you deserve.

Quite right that I got the order of bathroom entry wrong.  My bad.  These two sisters when they get going are like squirrels in a backyard tail spin.  I have trouble keeping up with all the goings on, the following, the squawking, the crying and froggy talking.  Kim was so delirious, happy-looking, and relaxed in the driveway in Brandi's arms after that conflagration that she looked like she'd just had sex.  That is some seriously messed up BS right there.

Every time we reach the end of one of these conflagrations and I get myself sucked into this vortex yet again I just want to kick myself really.  Kim, Kyle -- whatever! Why I do this to myself becomes the real question.  I actually get to missing Yolanda, her lemons, her daughters, her love, her leggings and decorating schemes.  I miss Joyce by now and Carlton too!

I don't see anyone as being at fault in any of this.  I don't think either Richards gal is very bright, never have -- just clever enough to have landed on this show.  I don't fault them really for not getting along and knowing how to help each other -- They don't have what it takes, as Lisa V might say.   I do think they're both irresponsible knuckleheads who are setting women with real issues back by decades with each additional installment.  Neither of them seems to have the first clue as to how serious the illness is and what a grave responsibility it is to represent.  If the aim was to help and educate, it's been an epic fail, prodded on by the misogyny and greed of Andy Cohen. 

I wonder if NBC proper and CBS have gotten in touch with Eileen by now to tell her to get off this clusterfuck of craziness after this season.  Whatever additional publicity for the soap operas she and they might have been going for has been achieved and there's only so much she can let fly as Eileen D, private citizen, because she's got way too much at stake professionally to waste on the bread and circus Bravo routines.  Lisa R I can see lingering -- here's to hoping she does. 

Just to sign off on a happier note, I noticed what gorgeous hands and nails Yo has when she was on the phone with Bella.  Am always envious of women with beautiful hands.   And a very simple and elegant wedding band.  

• Love 4

Kyle's been propping Portia from day one.  I'm totally not surprised and I'm not interested.  That was in regards to the twitter comment.  You all are fast around here.

Edited by polodog
  • Love 4

Okay, I had to break this down. All of the quotes are from Brandi's blog:

In her blog Brandi keeps repeating what a "strong lady" Kim is but I'm not seeing any evidence of Kim's so-called strength when dealing with her issues. Brandi again brings up the wedding and sending Kimberley off to college as though Kim has had the world on her shoulders lately and that this is somehow evidence of that. I also agree with those who are skeptical as to how involved Kim was in planning that wedding.*

That week Monty had just gone missing, no call, no show for a few days and then returned. Kim has also been in physical pain and was still in pain without relief after her doctor visits. It was long drive out to Malibu and Monty had just returned, gave her one of his pain pills, and it was obviously too strong a medication for her.

This shit is so convoluted. Kim told LisaR that Monty was gone when they were in the car together not that he'd just returned. IMO she already had the pill/s (not freaking way was it just one pill) and either he'd given them to her before he took off or she was dipping into whatever he'd left around. Also, if Brandi is to be believed (and she isn't the only one to make me side eye Monty when it comes to substance issues) Monty doing a no call, no show for days on end sounds incredibly suspect and puts more doubts on Kim's overall sobriety. 

Oh and it was the "party" that was too much for Kim according to Brandi. Right.

Kyle keeps saying that I do not know the history between them, but it's now been five long years of history I've spent watching this sisterhood. More often than not, they’re not getting along. In Season 1 Kyle mortifies her sister by outing her dependency on national TV (I was watching). In Paris, Kyle is the first one to doubt her sister's sobriety...once again for an audience. Her inability to keep this private matter, well, private is concerning. Kim was not herself. I was slightly intoxicated, but my goal was to get her out of a bad situation as quickly as I could. If something was actually wrong it didn’t need to play out in front of everyone, but Kyle, as I wrote earlier, didn’t share that same opinion.

This woman is such a flaming hypocrite. Yeah Brandi, Kyle did that in season 1 and you were so offended and feeling so sorry for Kim that you did the same damn thing to Kim at Game Night by making the meth accusation. How is it any different? Also, does Brandi not remember her own comments with regard to Kim's behavior in Paris? (I was watching.)

"Slighty intoxicated"?

To ME, it was about what Kim needed that night and no one else. My priority was Kim’s comfort, both physical and emotional. My girl needed support, not judgment, not interrogations, not a sister making drama, and not a public shaming.

Is that why Brandi tried to guilt trip Kim after Kim wanted to go after Kyle because she was concerned about Kim's comfort? I'm supposed to believe that she was supporting Kim, not judging her or interrogating her when she made the comments about how she's around for Kim at 2am and asking her if Kyle is there for her, etc. 

Kim can be seen whispering to Kyle, “Don’t,” “Stay away from me,” and “You were out of line in there,” but Kyle kept coming at her. As you saw, it was all about Kyle.

How many times did Kyle ask Brandi to not block her? How many times did Kyle ask Brandi to stay away from her with Brandi ignoring her and continuing to insert herself into the drama as though it was all about Brandi?

She can try to change the facts to suit her victim narrative, but it’s all on tape (try watching it without the sound). I just wanted what Kim wanted--to get out of there to see Kim safely home, which I did.

If this isn't some ridiculously classic projection...

I barely know this woman, but if she truly thinks that I have a problem, the proper thing would have been to come to me before talking to Kyle about it behind my back. I really don’t want to believe that she is this careless, because everyone on the show has kids that can be affected by comments like these.

When has Brandi ever cared about her comments hurting the children of her costars? Brandi doesn't seem to understand that her comments and overall behavior are hurting her kids far, far more than a comment like that from a woman she claims to barely know. Meanwhile it's totally okay for her to out Kim for falling off the wagon. (I don't actually fault Brandi for doing this since I could tell based on Kim's behavior, I just want to call her out for being a hypocrite.)

This show centers around social activities, and I'm a social drinker--that is it. This group of women can be intimidating and stressful and when we are socializing together there is ALWAYS alcohol around, so I partake.

Brandi and I have very, very different definitions as far as what constitutes drinking socially. In any case Brandi has already admitted that she drinks alone as well so what does she call that?

*Kim basically has no story apart from her addictions so you'd think there would have been loads of wedding planning footage as we had with Lisa when she was planning Pandora's but that wasn't the case. They did show us Kim being there for dress fittings and we saw Kim's MoB look. Apart from that Kim's participation seemed to be minimal but I suppose there were tons of activities that she participated in and Bravo just chose not to show them. I have my doubts but will at least acknowledge this as being a possibility. I definitely don't think it's about Brooke being camera shy either. She's appeared on the show before as well as other reality shows like The World According to Paris. (Yes, heaven help me, I was one of the sixteen people who watched that show.)

Edited by Avaleigh
  • Love 12

What kills me about Brandi is that in just the last episode, she claimed she felt okay about drinking around Kim because she knew Kim was so strong in her sobriety (or something of the sort), but after the shit hit the fan with Kyle, now Brandi talks about how vulnerable Kim is and how only she's been there for her. Brandi knows she is in trouble this season.

Lisa Rinna is fabulous for if nothing else, just putting it all out there. Thank you for simply calling out Brandi & Kim as both suffering from addiction. Ditto for Eileen. And I just don't know if I see Eileen doing a second season. She's just too smart and honestly, unless Y&R and DOOL go off the air, I don't see her needing the show.

When Eileen was confronting Brandi at the jewelry party, I suddenly felt like Eileen was saying to herself, "I am so done with this show." I don't see why she would need this show anyway.  Lisa is also too good for this show.  If the head honchos in charge lose good people because of Brandi, they should feel very stupid.

• Love 2

Thanks Avaleigh for breaking it down.

Does Brandi realize turning the sound off a tape does not enhance the quality of the video portion?  Not since Kenya Moore asked Claudia, "how long have you been bi-racial?", has there been such a stupid assertion by a RH.   

I rewatched it and the food was dislodged because Brandi started waving her arms around like a lunatic.

• Love 6

That's not what Bravo wants to show. They want this season to be about Kim's sobriety. I'm sure there is tape of the wedding planning, of Kim acting normal. That's not the narrative they went with.

• Love 4

Brandi really didn't want Kim interacting with Kyle. It's also very telling that she was deflated when Kim turned to her in the driveway and said [paraphrase], "Don't do that. She's my sister." Brandi's, "Oh, wow. OK" was a pathetic response. Why was she taken aback by Kim's statement of fact? Brandi loved every moment of the sniping between Kim and Kyle then shrank back when (minor though it was) Kim chastised her.

I'll go on record as saying I have never liked Brandi. I don't like her whole truth cannon bitchy personality. I pretty much always hate people who use "honesty" as an excuse for being an asshole. However I have taken her side in some issues because, well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I also don't see her as manipulative, mostly because she's so dumb that when she tries to work a game on people it's really obvious. Now Kim on the other hand is highly manipulative. Is it because she's an addict? Don't know, don't care. I just know that she is a conniving, selfish little liar. One of the most startling things about the whole PR debacle when I rewatched last season on Hulu was that Kim was actually the mastermind of the thing. She was the one keeping it going, assuring Kyle Brandi was telling the truth (because Kyle may be dumb, but she's not dumb enough to take Brandi's word), convincing Kyle that LisaV wouldn't give her a straight anwser even though Lisa had, keeping Kyle upset even later at the end of season wrap party. It is really creepy to watch. Kim had some reason to not want Kyle and Lisa to be friends (we may never know what it was) and she played Lisa, Brandi, and Kyle like fiddles. She is so good at this shit that no one even noticed how involved she was.

All this is to say, I think Kim is manipulating Brandi and not the other way around. I think it is entirely possible that Brandi has been hearing long rants about how much Kim hates Kyle, all the awful stuff Kyle has done, how much Kim dreads being around Kyle, lots of "you have to have my back when Kyle gets there" and "promise me you'll protect me from Kyle if she starts in on me". So Brandi, who is stupid, thinks she's doing what Kim wants and then once Kim got her desired reaction of Kyle running after her ready to burn down Eillen's house if it stood in the way of getting to her sister and ready to make Kim the center of all attention again, Kim turned on Brandi. Brandi had served her purpose so Brandi was dismissed. Kyle was hysterical, sobbing, acting a fool in front of others ready to forgive and forget anything as long as Kim choose her over Brandi. All was right in the world again. Yeah...the Richards House must have been six different kinds of fucked up.

• Love 12

Brandi's blog

Other then this madness, I’m in a great place, a happy place, at peace, enjoying my life and successes, learning, succeeding at being self-sufficient, awaiting new challenges, new opportunities, and the next chapter of my life, trying to stay as optimistic as possible. I truly hope that we can all move forward one day as friends, real friends, and support each other as we grow and meet life’s challenges.

LMAO!!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Brandi did NOT write this. I doubt she even knows some of these words.

I bet after having to take down that little twitter pearl against Andy yesterday that some Bravo PR handler has been sent over to muzzle this gal.

• Love 5

Brandi's blog

Other then this madness, I’m in a great place, a happy place, at peace, enjoying my life and successes, learning, succeeding at being self-sufficient, awaiting new challenges, new opportunities, and the next chapter of my life, trying to stay as optimistic as possible. I truly hope that we can all move forward one day as friends, real friends, and support each other as we grow and meet life’s challenges.

LMAO!!

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Brandi did NOT write this. I doubt she even knows some of these words.

I bet after having to take down that little twitter pearl against Andy yesterday that some Bravo PR handler has been sent over to muzzle this gal.

I'm positive that Brandi wrote it because she frequently confuses the difference between the words then and than.

• Love 1

All this is to say, I think Kim is manipulating Brandi and not the other way around. I think it is entirely possible that Brandi has been hearing long rants about how much Kim hates Kyle, all the awful stuff Kyle has done, how much Kim dreads being around Kyle, lots of "you have to have my back when Kyle gets there" and "promise me you'll protect me from Kyle if she starts in on me". So Brandi, who is stupid, thinks she's doing what Kim wants and then once Kim got her desired reaction of Kyle running after her ready to burn down Eillen's house if it stood in the way of getting to her sister and ready to make Kim the center of all attention again, Kim turned on Brandi. Brandi had served her purpose so Brandi was dismissed. Kyle was hysterical, sobbing, acting a fool in front of others ready to forgive and forget anything as long as Kim choose her over Brandi. All was right in the world again. Yeah...the Richards House must have been six different kinds of fucked up.

Entirely possible indeed.  I hear you.  I didn't see Brandi being dismissed after the carrying on but did see Brandi being rewarded with hugs and kisses and swooning in the driveway.  Even Eileen was petting Kim's hair!   Kim has a deep-seated need to bring Kyle down to eye-level now that the tables have turned.  I do believe that all this super love talk aside, these two sisters really really don't like each other.  I can either believe what they keep telling me about how great their relationship is or go with my lying eyes.  Kim mentioned twice that the two of them were fighting over her -- as if! -- loving all that like a toddler -- Closer to the truth maybe to say that Kyle and Brandi despise each other, use Kim as a battering ram -- and that because Kim wants to undercut her sister, she'll make use of Brandi for as long as necessary. 

Either way, Brandi ain't going nowhere.   She's like a rolling cannon -- prop her up anywhere you need to and light the fuse. 

• Love 2

Just to clarify,  according to Kim (I know, I know...I'm just the messenger) in her blog last week, she says:  I definitely didn’t want to go out when Monty came back to the house before poker night after being gone for a couple days.  Also, keep in mind that Monty was the one who took her to the emergency room the next day.

Speaking of Monty, I'm not downplaying his cancer battle but I think that the impression being given is that Monty is close to death but at the same time he is able to leave the house for a few days and drive someone to the hospital.  Again, I'm not trying to not appreciate that Monty has terminal cancer but my impression was that both Brandi and Kim were a little overstepping with Kim's 'responsibility' for his care at this point.

This is just Kim trying to spin all the lies she told that night into one story. He's gone and I hurts so bad wait no, he's there and I'm so stressed with taking care of him because he is sick, wait no, he is not that sick so I'm hurt and sick, yes that's it!

Yes, the speculation that she's just using Monty for dope is ugly but IMO it would be terribly naïve to disregard the idea.

Brandi's blerg, umm blog is typical, she does ridiculous and hurtful things but she's a victim because they had the nerve to respond in kind. Seen it. yawn.

• Love 10

I think those of you who position Kim as the master manipulator are right on the money. She played Kyle like a fiddle and had Brandi trained better than any of Lisa's puppies.

Next week looks even better. It seems that Kyle finally had enough and gives Kim a double fisted salute! Let's hope she stays strong and refuses to interact with Brandi. Time for a freeze out. I bet Eileen, Lisa V and Lisa R will be on board. Good times.

• Love 12

Therapy will not work for Brandi because she is unwilling to admit that she has any degree of responsibility for her own life and for what happens to her..  Her MO is to blame everyone else, portray herself as the perpetual victim, and to self-medicate.  She's far too immature to be willing to concede that she has any flaws and far too unmotivated to do the work that is necessary in therapy.

I worked in the mental health field for many years, and it's commonly known that only those who are "present" can be helped.  My guess is that she would flee (blaming the therapist, of course!) as soon as the suggestion was made that she look at her own behaviors and start taking some good, positive control of her life.   Any suggestion of self-medicating would likely be met with shrieks of, "I'm an adult!  I can drink if I want to!"

I agree with those who say they don't believe she's mentally ill.  She's a hot mess, for sure, but she's making choices of her own free will.  She enjoys the image she has of herself and seems completely unwilling to give it up.  I understand that Celebrity Apprentice is giving her the sweetheart edit, but it's also pretty obvious that she's perfectly capable of controlling herself because we've heard her say several full sentences there that didn't have even one profanity.  I'm quite sure she knew that stuff wouldn't fly on Donald Trump's show, so she's (for the most part) behaving herself.   Which is proof that she can when she chooses to do so.   IMO she's not mentally ill, just really low-life, immature, and severely lacking in social skills & self-awareness.  And that's not going to change as long as she doesn't want it to. 

Cosigning all of this.

My problem with the mental illness over diagnosis is people seem to just write off everything that person does as something that can't be helped.  Sometimes a person who insults the hostess, makes crass comments about fingerbanging, manipulates an addict is just a very awful human being making awful choices, not someone who is mentally ill.

• Love 9

Just watched the extended clip of the Brandi/Kyle poker night.  i have to say, it really re-iterated to me that Brandi believes you either love or hate but can never do both. Her constantly saying that Kyle and Kim hate each other (while the sisters are hugging and Kim is clearly trying to comfort her baby sister) was just unbelievable to me. It's like she doesn't get that you can fight and disagree yet still love each other.  Even with all of the drama and arguing we have seen (and haven't seen) from the sisters, it is very clear that they love each other. They, very much, have that family dynamic of always being there for each other, or at least try to no matter what is going on. The closeness of all the cousins indicates that as well. I do wonder if Brandi has that with her family and I would have to guess.... no, it doesn't.  With her saying her Father stopped talking to her (even if deserved) and that she doesn't seem to have a good relationship with her sister, it just seems that she thinks everyone behaves that way. You either love me and disagree with me always or you hate me, no in between. 

Lisa V.....Boring. The constant sexual innuendos about her dogs is not funny or cute. We get it. You've been saying the same jokes about  Giggy and Ken for 5 years. It's stupid. 

I love that just last week I remembered the link about Kyle/Lisa R and Denise Richards having monthly 'mom nights' and then Denise shows up in the next episode. Makes me wonder if we'll be seeing her more and more. I loved Denise's reaction to Lisa V when Lisa V made that comment about her being married to Charlie Sheen. She had a face like 'really? That's how we are doing this'. I will give Lisa the benefit of the doubt and say that she just said that so the viewing audience would know who Denise, if they didn't already, but it just came off so funny to me, lol. 

Interesting that Brandi didn't seem to know that her BFF Kim was in the hospital? Or maybe she did but she couldn't do the 'kyle is an evil sister' mantra. 

• Love 3

Wait, what? What happened?

Also, I'm scrolling through Kyle's Instagram. She doesn't have any recent pictures up of her and Kim. There's one from last week, but it looks like a photo from taping last fall when she and Kim met up for lunch after the spa day/wine tasting event. In the picture, they're both wearing the exact same outfits from that episode. The most real-time recent photo seems to be from 12 weeks ago at someone's Halloween party (Kyle, Kim, and (I think) Alexia are in the picture).

Edited by Mozelle

That's not what Bravo wants to show. They want this season to be about Kim's sobriety. I'm sure there is tape of the wedding planning, of Kim acting normal. That's not the narrative they went with.

I don't see Kim doing much planning at all. The wedding took place at Kathy's house, she would have been in charge, even more than Brooke IMO. Kim would never go against Kathy, ever. 

I'll go on record as saying I have never liked Brandi. I don't like her whole truth cannon bitchy personality. I pretty much always hate people who use "honesty" as an excuse for being an asshole. However I have taken her side in some issues because, well, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. I also don't see her as manipulative, mostly because she's so dumb that when she tries to work a game on people it's really obvious. Now Kim on the other hand is highly manipulative. Is it because she's an addict? Don't know, don't care. I just know that she is a conniving, selfish little liar. One of the most startling things about the whole PR debacle when I rewatched last season on Hulu was that Kim was actually the mastermind of the thing. She was the one keeping it going, assuring Kyle Brandi was telling the truth (because Kyle may be dumb, but she's not dumb enough to take Brandi's word), convincing Kyle that LisaV wouldn't give her a straight anwser even though Lisa had, keeping Kyle upset even later at the end of season wrap party. It is really creepy to watch. Kim had some reason to not want Kyle and Lisa to be friends (we may never know what it was) and she played Lisa, Brandi, and Kyle like fiddles. She is so good at this shit that no one even noticed how involved she was.

I don't know that Kim is manipulating Brandi as much as they are using each other. They tweet support to each other to this day. I think 2 addicts/losers found common ground and are acting out together. Yes, I do think Kim resents Kyle with a passion, she has everything that Kim does not have and so desperately wants. The same can be said of Brandi, Kyle is a glaring spotlight of everything she isn't and it drives both women over the edge. Kyle is an easy target for both of them because she gives them what they crave, a reaction. Both Kim and Brandi (more so Brandi) tried to get a reaction from Lisa last season and Lisa stopped reacting so their new target is Kyle. Kim saw what happened to Brandi when she acted out and attacked other HWs, she was given a contract.......Kim needs Bravos paycheck as much as Brandi does if not more, so she is modeling Brandi's behavior and Kyle is their mutual target. JMO

• Love 4

"Is Eileen still on a soap?  Which one?  I'm curious now.  I love her. I haven't watched a soap since Luke and Laura got married."

As far as I know, she's still on Days until February.  As for Y&R, I have no clue.

Eileen is on Y&R now and absolutely killing it.  I've been a Y&R fan for 15 years now, (yikes), and she has always been stellar on the show.  She's a good actress.  Anyway, a couple weeks ago she did a shower sex scene with one of the hot guys on the show and just nailed it.  She was semi clothed but she looked great and projected more passion than actors half her age manage on that soap. 

As far as Portia goes, I've always loved that kid and kids in general on these Bravo shows so I don't comment negatively on them.  That being the case I will quote my own 12 year old kid when we watched the scene where Kyle, Mauricio and Portia were shopping for the Meditteranean cruise they were taking.  As Portia was throwing piles of clothes on the floor and demanding "buy me this!", Kyle's talking head said -I don't want to raise a spoiled child, and my daughter said "too late". 

• Love 6

I keep forgetting to mention:  Lisa R's confusion in her TH about not knowing what 'tops and bottoms' meant was funny and self-depreciating and why I like her.  But then she had to ruin it by continuing:

"Sorry gays"  "I let my gays down"  "Gays will you ever forgive me?"  Thud.  So unacceptable.  Have the rules changed and suddenly it's okay to marginalize people like that?  Would she call her Hispanic friends, 'My Hispanics'?  Her Jewish friends, 'My Jews'?  No.  

So far, I like Lisa and I know she is currently the fan favorite but things like that start adding up for me.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 11

Wait, what? What happened?

Also, I'm scrolling through Kyle's Instagram. She doesn't have any recent pictures up of her and Kim. There's one from last week, but it looks like a photo from taping last fall when she and Kim met up for lunch after the spa day/wine tasting event. In the picture, they're both wearing the exact same outfits from that episode. The most real-time recent photo seems to be from 12 weeks ago at someone's Halloween party (Kyle, Kim, and (I think) Alexia are in the picture)

Stupid Brandi tweeted Andy that all the talk about her on WWHL (when Eileen and Whitney Cummins were on his show) was too much and felt like bullying

She took that tweet down which is something that Brandi has never done before, so I am assuming that TPTB have had enough of her non-sense and have sent an official Bravo handler just like they had to do after she had the tampon string incident and when she revealed the RHBH salaries , basically somebody to muzzle her.

Bravo helped create this monster IMO so it couldn't have happened to a better person, added that just few weeks ago she had the fortunate idea of "joking" about the throwing wine and got pissed when Andy basically didn't back her up. I am starting to see the cracks between Brandi and Bravo,

• Love 7