Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: It's Just A Scratch

• Start Topic

I also maintain a healthy weight and am still a size 8,  and do it by mini fasting (500 calories) twice a week.

Got an eating disorder?  No?  Me, neither.  I used to fast every Wednesday.  Complete fast for 24 hours but feel better on 500 cals 2 - 4x per week. I'm glad you brought this up because the talk about the really thin Hos or their friends having eating disorders bothers me.  I know that at my age (their age) it's very hard to remain lean without watching every.single.thing that goes into my mouth. So I get only allowing yourself 6 almonds as a snack or one taste of cake.  Yo's lemon cleanse I would never do but the way Anwar ate prior to football practice (I think I spied something else on his plate when Blanca first set it down.  Scrambled egg?) and the offer of almonds was not at all troublesome to me during this episode.

Re Brandi --  I dunno -- She's not packing the alcoholic bloat.  I'm not her number one fan, but aside from what she's done to her face, I think she's got an amazing grasshopper body that I would be looking to fashion exploit.

She's not got the bloat (yet) but she's probably in for a shock when she hits 50.  I don't think she has to work very hard to be thin.  Right now.  But I noticed when she was walking Kim out of Eileen's, she's kind of got this skinny fat thing going on.  Please don't anyone misconstrue what I'm saying.  She is thin but imo she's a lazy thin.  Does that make any sense?  Rinna and Yo you can tell work hard for their bodies.  Eileen, too.  Kyle probably does, also, but I don't think she has the determination to keep at it.  In that way I think she's like Brandi.  Brandi will hit the gym to drop the 10 she put on over vacation whereas I don't think Rinna and Yo ever allow themselves to gain an extra 10.

ETA:  Higgins, brilliant minds.  Skinny fat.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

chlban -- One of the frustrations of the show for me is that we don't get to see some regular meals at Yolanda's and My Love's.   I do think they eat well and we just don't get to see it.  All of her children look to be of healthy weight too.  I would be surprised to find out that David doesn't tuck in and like his three squares.  Yolanda is definitely enjoying some food off camera. 

So --- goodbye, M'a Luv!

Re Brandi --  I dunno -- She's not packing the alcoholic bloat.  I'm not her number one fan, but aside from what she's done to her face, I think she's got an amazing grasshopper body that I would be looking to fashion exploit.  Her legs alone are awesome.  Credit where it's due. If she could her mouth shut and just give herself over to fashion photography, even at her age, who knows?  I do think she's beautiful in her weird way still.

Kudos on being and maintaining a size 8 ... For me always the ultimate prize and goal. 

Brandi could be using diuretics as a way to beat the booze bloat. I would not put it past her. JS LOL 

Yeah, Yolanda is not skinny. She is muscular in a way that it is clear she uses weights in her workouts. That's another reason I don't believe she has been in bed for 18 months much of any length of time because her figure takes dedication to exercise regularly. Brandi is skinny fat. I don't find her body type attractive myself. She looks like she doesn't workout.

Brandi is not toned, whereas Yolanda is very toned, especially for someone so sick.

• Love 3

Yeah, Yolanda is not skinny. She is muscular in a way that it is clear she uses weights in her workouts. That's another reason I don't believe she has been in bed for 18 months much of any length of time because her figure takes dedication to exercise regularly.

Brandi is not toned, whereas Yolanda is very toned, especially for someone so sick.

Here's my unprofessional opinion about how Yolanda can look like that and be so sick.  Everybody has ab muscles. Deltoids, biceps, pecs, etc.  Lose most of the fat over the top of 'em and suddenly you can see the definition of a six pack.  Even if you don't work out.  Now will they look like Rinna's?  No.  Her's are doubly defined because she works out and grows them.  It's possible Yolanda is just lean now.  There are probably some light work outs.  Hell, you can do isometrics right now as you're reading this. Go ahead, squeeze those butt cheeks together. LOL.  It's possible she's retained enough muscle mass to still have some definition but it's her lean-ness via clean eating that makes her look so...well, lean.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 2

I'm on board with this but Kim just needs to go entirely. I'd love for Adrienne and Camille to be brought back with sprinkles of Taylor's crazy ass here and there. Good grief I never thought I would favor Taylor over Brandi.

Camille rather exonerated herself to me, and I didn't even find her boring afterward. She had a certain sense of humor that I liked once she seemed to get her head on straighter. But I never could forget Taylor's role in the fights between Kim and Kyle. Particularly on limousine night, I remember Kyle telling Kim to make nice with Taylor and Kim nodding yes. Then she went over to talk to Taylor, who initially was ok, but suddenly, without warning, went off on a bewildered Kim for something I never could figure out, even after watching it several times. Then Kyle came over, yelling at Kim to stop embarrassing her (or something along those lines) and from there things degenerated into the horrid scene in the limo. Taylor kept on in the part now played by Brandi, yet on the distaff side, always being in Kyle's ear with some negativity about Kim. In the first season, the Kim we were getting just seemed frequently befuddled, and not vicious as she does now. Taylor's animosity toward Kim made no sense from what we saw on air.

Of course, Taylor's crud stirring did not end with Kim and Kyle; between her random crazy fights with different housewives was her complete lack of integrity. I never wanted to see her again, but I do have to say at this point that an occasional, more reasonably behaved Taylor would be preferable to off the rails Brandi. Taylor can be entertaining in small doses when on her good behavior.

Wouldn't like to see Adrienne back. I used to think she was the only housewife with a head on her shoulders, until she started snarking around everyone, even prior to Brandi Bigmouthgate. She used to take such delight in seeing Paul uncomfortable. She laughed like crazy when he had trouble during the high heel race because his feet hurt, and she started a campaign against Lisa V as well, with a lot of digs about going to tabloids and such. She just became mean and irrelevant, so she can stay away.

I would like to see Joyce and hubby back. She's another who had some wit about her, wasn't nasty, and could put Brandi in her place. My guess is that she just couldn't be bothered to put up with that stuff from Brandi.

• Love 4

Here's my unprofessional opinion about how Yolanda can look like that and be so sick.  Everybody has ab muscles. Deltoids, biceps, pecs, etc.  Lose most of the fat over the top of 'em and suddenly you can see the definition of a six pack.  Even if you don't work out.  Now will they look like Rinna's?  No.  Her's are doubly defined because she works out and grows them.  It's possible Yolanda is just lean now.  There are probably some light work outs.  Hell, you can do isometrics right now as you're reading this. Go ahead, squeeze those butt cheeks together. LOL.  It's possible she's retained enough muscle mass to still have some definition but it's her lean-ness via clean eating that makes her look so...well, lean.

I really do think, especially at her age, Yolanda would not look as she does without exercise,  Also, remember when she and Brandi went for a walk in Paris? It seems to me she was talking to Brandi about how she gets out for walks and such all the time to keep in shape. I also seem to remember some comment from Brandi about Yolanda having an easy time doing the walk and that Brandi said it was hard to keep up with her, or something along those lines. Every time Yolanda brings up her "confinement" I can't help but wonder how she had time to be confined in between all her travels, health walks, lemon picking, etc. Snark!

• Love 2

I'll see your Witchypoo Carlton and raise you one Alison DuBois!

Oh, no, please!! Neither! We'd have to run for the hills between the two of them and their ill will trying to do a number on whomever! :) 

I would like to see Joyce back, mainly because I miss Mr. Joyce.  Having Camille back would be great too.

I think all of the women from the neck down look pretty amazing.  Some are too thin for sure but whatever. Lisa V would look even better were it not for what I take to be her butt implants.  I'm fairly certainly she did something to her backside a few seasons ago.  

Brandi is Brandi and one can only pray etc but I do envy her those legs that go on for days and days.  Pretty ankles.  You'd think that those and a good pay check would be enough to make for a likable woman.  Sigh. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

100% she loves it , it gives her validation. Season 3 wasn't she so proud and smirking when her BF Ken the bullmastiff would go toe to toe with Kyle and let her know that they didn't care about her concerns to their shenanigans? Ken was just another addict like Kim and also enabled Kim , he also went against Kyle and Kim fully enjoyed it, you could see it in her face.

I am sure that Kyle was blasted by her big sister Kathy when she exposed Kim's alcoholism, Kathy was not concerned one bit about Kim being an alcoholic but about everybody knowing about it, I am sure Kyle got a lot of flack from it and the fact that about the same time Mauricio decided to open his own firm and leave the Hilton's might have to do with it as well. It is obvious that Kathy and Kim are much closer than Kathy and Kyle, like somebody else pointed uptread Kathy swoops twice a year and can afford to be the "good cop" while Kyle has been left with no other option than being the "bad cop" , Kim knows that Kyle regrets what happened in that limo and will not do it again and she is pushing and pushing, acting like an awful drunk but daring Kyle to even say a word about it.

Kim IMO loves her sister but also hates Kyle's life, she wants all that Kyle has and that gives her more will to constantly play a guilt trip on her sister. Kim acts like a spoiled brat child who takes great pleasure is rub her misbehavior in your face and almost dares you to "what are you going to do about it?" because she knows your hands are tied.

Kim's brain are so toasted that she doesn't seem to grasp that her own life is at stake here, one overdose might be all it takes, but I can surely imagine Kim as Julia Robert's sister, she will leave a nice letter blaming all her issues on her sister and making sure than nobody ever forgets that her sister was her tormentor without realizing that she herself was her own worst enemy.

Wow. This.

PS Sorry, everyone, that this is so last month. I'm so far behind!

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

I would like to see Joyce back, mainly because I miss Mr. Joyce.  Having Camille back would be great too.

I think all of the women from the neck down look pretty amazing.  Some are too thin for sure but whatever. Lisa V would look even better were it not for what I take to be her butt implants.  I'm fairly certainly she did something to her backside a few seasons ago.  

Brandi is Brandi and one can only pray etc but I do envy her those legs that go on for days and days.  Pretty ankles.  You'd think that those and a good pay check would be enough to make for a likable woman.  Sigh. 

When Lisa did DWTS her butt got much firmer and defined. IMO, she does not have implants but the exercise made a big difference and she has kept it up.

• Love 1

I never liked Yolanda from Day One, and it seems that every episode gives me more reason.

She is much too much of a helicopter parent, especially after all her talk about letting them fly on their own and make their own decisions.  I have always had a great relationship with my mom, but I would have been horrified if she had hovered so much when I went away to college.  They have to check in with her every day?  And why do they have curfews?  They're adults and not living under her roof.  If she felt they were responsible enough to move to the other side of the country, then she should let them live their lives.  I don't mean bow out completely, but give them some space!  And does she not realize that when they text her each night to say they're safely home in bed that they could be texting from anywhere?  Including a bar, a wild party, or someone else's bed?

The scene with Anwar was very telling.  She never knew that he has to leave early for games because they warm up first?  Why was that news to her?  She seemed so disconnected from his life.  Does she go to the games?  Does she support him the way she supports her girls?  She said something about not being too happy with his chosen sport, so maybe he needs to go into modeling in order to get her approval and attention.  And the whole, "He had to be the man of the house at age 11" is ridiculous.  I was the single mother of two sons, and neither of them ever were made to feel they needed to be man of the house.  I was head of our household, they were kids, and it worked out just fine.

I wish Yolanda would stop filming these "I love my kids, I'm such a good, involved mother" scenes.  They're boring, stupid, and way too self-promotional for me.

I agree with this, except for the idea that people are equipped to function as complete adults at 18. When I think back to some things I did even at 21, I often have cause to shudder. IMO, our country went nuts in the 60's when 18-21 year olds decided that if they were old enough to be drafted, they were old enough to be granted full adulthood, and eventually, the law was changed. But it couldn't change the way people develop and mature, and studies into the subject have shown the brain is still developing way beyond the age of 18, which should be no surprise to those adults among us who are honest with themselves, LOL.  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~news/releases/2006/02/06.html

• Love 3

I agree with this, except for the idea that people are equipped to function as complete adults at 18. When I think back to some things I did even at 21, I often have cause to shudder. IMO, our country went nuts in the 60's when 18-21 year olds decided that if they were old enough to be drafted, they were old enough to be granted full adulthood, and eventually, the law was changed. But it couldn't change the way people develop and mature, and studies into the subject have shown the brain is still developing way beyond the age of 18, which should be no surprise to those adults among us who are honest with themselves, LOL.  http://www.dartmouth.edu/~news/releases/2006/02/06.html

I didn't mean that all people are equipped to function at age 18.  Some are, some aren't.  But they are in fact adults.  And -  as Yolanda has repeatedly said - if  you feel you have taught them well, then you have to let them spread their wings and hope they will make the right choices.  

If a parent doesn't feel a child is ready to go to college, move across the country, live on their own, or whatever else, then perhaps it would make more sense to start on a smaller scale - local college, live at home for awhile, or start in a dorm with some supervision & other people around rather than alone in an apartment in a whole new city thousands of miles away.  But she has carried on over & over again about how proud she is of her girls, how mature they are, how ready they are, etc. 

If she thinks they're ready to deal with it, then she needs to back off and let them make their own mistakes.  That's how children (of all ages) learn.  She loves bragging about how grown-up her girls are, college in NYC, etc.  But yet she demands twice-daily contact with them, an accounting of every move they make, including having to send her a text when they're home and in bed for the night.  I'm a pretty involved Mom and a big worrier besides, but that's way too much Mommy-hovering for me.  If you know your kids well enough to be confident that you can trust them to make good choices, then you shouldn't be sending mixed-messages that indicate you don't believe they can succeed in the big bad world on their own.

Personally, I would have gone for some kind of middle-ground.  College, yes, but maybe not so far away at first.  And certainly a dorm rather than an apartment with no roommate in a large city on the other side of the country.  It was Yolanda's choice to opt for what she did, so she should (to a large extent, not totally) live and let live.  They're responsible enough to live on their own or they're not.  She trusts them or she doesn't.  She feels they're ready to function independently or she thinks they need more time.

(Of course I believe that Gigi was in NYC for modeling much more than for college, but that's another issue.)

Edited by DebbieM4
  • Love 2

I do agree, DebbieM4!  She does hover too much, she is sending mixed messages, and I especially agree with your initial statement that just because they call or text her doesn't mean they are safe at home and not into some mischief!  I also agree with the idea of a shorter distance, and most certainly a dorm instead of an apartment for an 18 year old. In NYC, no less. Much too dangerous, IMO, no matter how mature the student. There are other factors to consider.

My point was mostly that I don't feel they ARE adults. Before the legislation of the 18 year old vote, 21 was the age of majority, and I believe for good reason.

Edited by renatae
  • Love 1

Ugh. I think this whole thing is so gross, but I wanted to say a few things--Cedars Sinai is a great hospital. 

In a year and a half, I'll have been taking them for twenty years, and while they were the drug du jour back in the day when I was first diagnosed, the long term effects are there and they're real, especially when it comes to cognitive issues.  If Brandi is mixing booze and Xanax, she is walking a very dangerous road, not only with respect to the aforementioned cognition problems, but with dying.  Benzos and booze do not mix--unless of course, you have a tolerance to both; which sort of tells me exactly where Brandi's at. 

Thank you for this post. As an Angeleno, I just want to concur that Cedars is a great hospital. I actually specifically chose a general practitioner doctor based on whether I would be able to go to Cedars if I ever needed a hospital stay. And your warning about Brandi mixing liquor and Xanax makes a lot of sense - if Brandi is telling the truth about not having started seriously drinking until after the divorce, it could go a long way toward explaining her rapid devolution on this show.

• Love 1

I didn't mean that all people are equipped to function at age 18.  Some are, some aren't.  But they are in fact adults.  And -  as Yolanda has repeatedly said - if  you feel you have taught them well, then you have to let them spread their wings and hope they will make the right choices.  

If a parent doesn't feel a child is ready to go to college, move across the country, live on their own, or whatever else, then perhaps it would make more sense to start on a smaller scale - local college, live at home for awhile, or start in a dorm with some supervision & other people around rather than alone in an apartment in a whole new city thousands of miles away.  But she has carried on over & over again how about proud she is of her girls, how mature they are, how ready they are, etc. 

If she thinks they're ready to deal with it, then she needs to back off and let them make their own mistakes.  That's how children (of all ages) learn.  She loves bragging about how grown-up her girls are, college in NYC, etc.  But yet she demands twice-daily contact with them, an accounting of every move they make, including having to send her a text when they're home and in bed for the night.  I'm a pretty involved Mom and a big worrier besides, but that's way too much Mommy-hovering for me.  If you know your kids well enough to be confident that you can trust them to make good choices, then you can't send mixed-messages that indicate you don't believe they can succeed in the big bad world on their own.

Personally, I would have gone for some kind of middle-ground.  College, yes, but maybe not so far away at first.  And certainly a dorm rather than an apartment with no roommate in a large city on the other side of the country.  It was Yolanda's choice to opt for what she did, so she should (to a large extent, not totally) live and let live.  They're responsible enough to live on their own or they're not.  She trusts them or she doesn't.

(Of course I believe that Gigi was in NYC for modeling much more than for college, but that's another issue.)

There was never any intent by either Gig or Bella to go to college in NYC. They went for the modeling contracts and that is why Yolanda bought them each their own apartment. IMO, the "college" story was just that, a story. 

• Love 4

There was never any intent by either Gig or Bella to go to college in NYC. They went for the modeling contracts and that is why Yolanda bought them each their own apartment. IMO, the "college" story was just that, a story. 

Oh - as I said - I agree.  I was just playing along with the storylines we were supposed to believe.  And if she felt they were old enough and responsible enough to live alone in NYC for modeling or anything else, then she should give them some space and stop hovering.  And if she didn't, then they should not have made that move yet.  That was my main point.

All of her jabbering about "Gigi going off to college" and "Bella going off to college" was pretty transparent, IMO.  Like much of what Yolanda goes on about, it was purely a facade and not based in reality.

• Love 2

I try hard not to draw conclusions too quickly but people close to me have been in top hospitals, Johns Hopkins, NY Presbyterian, etc., and you have to have something seriously wrong with you to stay for nine days.  You get sent to rehab (not necessarily referring to addiction) pretty quickly or released as an out patient.  I wonder what department Kim was in and if she was in an inhouse rehab (addiction or psych)  department.  Again, maybe I'm wrong but that's a long time in today's healthcare world.

• Love 6

All of her jabbering about "Gigi going off to college" and "Bella going off to college" was pretty transparent, IMO.  Like much of what Yolanda goes on about, it was purely a facade and not based in reality.

She was way more excited about seeing "GIGI ON DA BUS!! GIGI ON DA BUS!!" than about anything to do with their studies.

• Love 2

I try hard not to draw conclusions too quickly but people close to me have been in top hospitals, Johns Hopkins, NY Presbyterian, etc., and you have to have something seriously wrong with you to stay for nine days.  You get sent to rehab (not necessarily referring to addiction) pretty quickly or released as an out patient.  I wonder what department Kim was in and if she was in an inhouse rehab (addiction or psych)  department.  Again, maybe I'm wrong but that's a long time in today's healthcare world.

Agreed. I had major abdominal surgery and they wanted me out in like five days. My child had very serious orthopedic surgery and there was brief talk of just a few days before we were allowed to stay for five. My surgeon actually had me kept on an IV so he could justify holding me longer. Once the lines are out you are dunzo, in my experience. Is it different if somebody with deep pockets is on the hook for out of pocket? Even Bravo's insurance company, if they were paying, is still an insurance company - they aren't funding some kind of hospitality stay.

How could it be rehab, though? Kim seems toasted at Kyle's party and that happened after this hospitalization, right?

• Love 1

How could it be rehab, though? Kim seems toasted at Kyle's party and that happened after this hospitalization, right?

Rehab, treatment, 12 Steps and Meetings don't preclude anyone from using, especially not Kim, right?  ;-)

• Love 3

I have no doubt that Kim's years of drinking and drugs have done some damage to her body.  Livers don't last forever!  Vitamin deficiency, anemia, ulcers, gastritis, pancreatitis, nerve damage, high blood pressure and heart disease...the list goes on and on, and that's just for alcohol.  I don't doubt there would be good reason to have her on an IV in the hospital for 9 days.  That family hides addictions; I have no doubt they also hide the physical effects of Kim's addiction.

• Love 5

That is a very long time to be hospitalized. The only thing I can think it she complained of uncontrolled pain. The only other thing is if her oxygenation levels were below 90% they wouldn't let her out.

• Love 1

Higgins, that would be an issue with her pulmonary system, wouldn't it, if she couldn't maintain oxygenation?

Seems like we'd have heard about that since it sounds so much more legit than the "severe pain" and "lots of tests" vagueness going on. I get the impression things are going to stay vague. I feel really sorry for Kim's kids having all this going on.

• Love 1

I think Kim's blog talked about a fractured rib and hiatial hernia from coughing from her bronchitis, of which there was no evidence of during the month of filming we've seen (Kimberly's wedding, cigar smoking during game night, etc.). 

I think they aren't going to talk about any drinking related problems because they hide everything, and try to fudge it with viewers by talking of "bronchitis" related injuries.

• Love 5

Higgins, that would be an issue with her pulmonary system, wouldn't it, if she couldn't maintain oxygenation?

Seems like we'd have heard about that since it sounds so much more legit than the "severe pain" and "lots of tests" vagueness going on. I get the impression things are going to stay vague. I feel really sorry for Kim's kids having all this going on.

They said she suffered from pneumonia and or bronchitis which resulted in a cracked or broken rib. That could cause you to not take deep breaths and set you up for a return or worsening of pneumonia and that could affect her gas exchange OR she complained of pain every 4 hours to get narcotics which is probably more plausible using Occam's razor.

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 3

I don't think Kim was in the hospital for 9 days, is there any proof of this or is it only Kim's word.  I would have to see documented proof that Kim was in the hospital for 9 days to believe it.  Also if Kim is paying the hospital will let her stay, so if her insurance paid for  3 days and she paid out of pocket for 6 I could see them letting her stay.  I would still need documented proof that Kim was in the hospital for 9 days.  

• Love 1

I don't think Kim was in the hospital for 9 days, is there any proof of this or is it only Kim's word.  I would have to see documented proof that Kim was in the hospital for 9 days to believe it.  Also if Kim is paying the hospital will let her stay, so if her insurance paid for  3 days and she paid out of pocket for 6 I could see them letting her stay.  I would still need documented proof that Kim was in the hospital for 9 days.

I don't have confirmation that she stayed in the hospital for nine days but I can buy that it happened for the reason you laid out. An insurance funded hospital stay is not that believable, but it's not like there's a shortage of hospital beds, so if the patient can and will pay out of pocket and get a physician who will keep her hospitalized for treatment and / or testing, then under those circumstances, it is not that hard for me to believe that Kim experienced a lengthy hospital stay. Edited by quinn
  • Love 1

If she thinks they're ready to deal with it, then she needs to back off and let them make their own mistakes.  That's how children (of all ages) learn.  She loves bragging about how grown-up her girls are, college in NYC, etc.  But yet she demands twice-daily contact with them, an accounting of every move they make, including having to send her a text when they're home and in bed for the night.  I'm a pretty involved Mom and a big worrier besides, but that's way too much Mommy-hovering for me.  If you know your kids well enough to be confident that you can trust them to make good choices, then you shouldn't be sending mixed-messages that indicate you don't believe they can succeed in the big bad world on their own.

Personally, I would have gone for some kind of middle-ground.  College, yes, but maybe not so far away at first.  And certainly a dorm rather than an apartment with no roommate in a large city on the other side of the country.  It was Yolanda's choice to opt for what she did, so she should (to a large extent, not totally) live and let live.  They're responsible enough to live on their own or they're not.  She trusts them or she doesn't.  She feels they're ready to function independently or she thinks they need more time.

I don't think Yolanda considers herself to be hovering and still trying to mother them. I think in her brain, she is maintaining a close relationship with her daughters even though they are on the other side of the country. In her mind, they are living the lives she wanted for them, and she wants to be able to enjoy that with them. It seems more like she is wanting to live vicariously by having them in constant contact every day. I truly think this is Yolanda's way of trying to be friends with her adult daughters by being a major part of their every day lives. 

Also, Bella has a roommate. Bella said that she would be rooming with a friend of hers that is also going to school in New York. So, Bella isn't alone in an expensive apartment in NY. There was no mention of whether or not Gigi had a roommate, most likely she doesn't, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if she did. What I am really curious about is how much if any the roommate (or her parents) contributed to the cost of that apartment. Because I imagine it would be great to be friends with someone whose parents bought them a place that nice and I got to live there rent free and have it in close proximity to my school. 

When it comes to the kids, I always wonder how much is just about making the women seem like involved parents. If they go overboard like Yolanda they are seen as extreme helicopter parents. When the kid doesn't care to be on the show - like Max in the first few seasons - the parent is accused of showing favoritism simply because only one child wants to be involved in the filming. I think Kyle gets the best parenting edit simply because she has so many kids and the kids themselves (except Portia) get to decide when or if they want to be on camera. So we see her interacting with one or two and then sometimes all or none and the audience sees a balanced picture of her interacting with all of her kids.

I doubt they are going to foot the bill for a stay in the hospital past what the insurance will pay. If a doctor discharges her, she is out. It's not like a hotel. The hospital is not going to let you say and receive treatment just because you want to. There are way to many risks of admission like contracting a nosocomial infection, blood clots, med errors. If they kept her it was because her doctor agreed to the need for some reason. It is possible and probable that she complained of uncontrolled pain. That would be reason enough to keep her but, I don't know about 9 days. Where did that info come from?

I doubt they are going to foot the bill for a stay in the hospital past what the insurance will pay. If a doctor discharges her, she is out. It's not like a hotel. The hospital is not going to let you say and receive treatment just because you want to. There are way to many risks of admission like contracting a nosocomial infection, blood clots, med errors. If they kept her it was because her doctor agreed to the need for some reason. It is possible and probable that she complained of uncontrolled pain. That would be reason enough to keep her but, I don't know about 9 days. Where did that info come from?

Kim wrote it in her blog.  I too find it hard to believe she just lounged around for nine days but maybe she medically detoxed and they found a concomitant malady that allowed her to stay.  Anyone know how long it takes to medically detox from pain killers?

• Love 1

That is a very long time to be hospitalized. The only thing I can think it she complained of uncontrolled pain. The only other thing is if her oxygenation levels were below 90% they wouldn't let her out.

The photo, I posted in Kim's thread, she tweeted of herself in the hospital, second day, shows no oxygen tube on her or on her bed so I think her oxygen levels were fine. In that picture, she has an IV and she is smiling/posing in her hospital bed with her hospital gown semi on, not fully on.

They said she suffered from pneumonia and or bronchitis which resulted in a cracked or broken rib. That could cause you to not take deep breaths and set you up for a return or worsening of pneumonia and that could affect her gas exchange OR she complained of pain every 4 hours to get narcotics which is probably more plausible using Occam's razor.

Don't forget the ruptured disc and the hiatal hernia the coughing caused as well. The rib breaking from coughing can happen and I have heard of before but the other 2, I highly doubt and have never heard of happening. If Kim has been coughing that hard she would have been hospitalized then, not after her bronchitis and pneumonia was over but during. That is where Kim's story looses any creditability for me, had she been that sick and coughing that bad her Dr would have hospitalized her then and not waited until she was over it.

• Love 2

Kim wrote it in her blog.  I too find it hard to believe she just lounged around for nine days but maybe she medically detoxed and they found a concomitant malady that allowed her to stay.  Anyone know how long it takes to medically detox from pain killers?

It would depend on the drug/med she took, what dosage she took, how often, how long and what her blood and liver levels were at the time she was admitted. If she was abusing her psych meds, it could very well take them a week to wean her off of them and another few days to give her a new med and adjust the dosage. Some medications are never stopped cold turkey, most psych meds fall in that category.

Three or four days of acute hell but, there is no reason she would need to be admitted to detox from opioids. It is very unpleasant but not at all dangerous unlike alcohol or benzodiazepines. Maybe she is coming of the anti-anxiety medication but that would take weeks to months of a slow taper to be safe.

• Love 2

I thought there was a flirtatious vibe as well - maybe that's why Eileen seats herself right next to him.  I also feel sorry for Eileen, because Vince knows this is the woman who threw the wine in Eileen's face, and he was somewhat dismissive when she brought it up on camera.  I can't stand Ken, but I respect how faithful he is to Lisa.  No way he would invite Brandi into his house and flirt with her if she'd done that to Lisa.

Let's not forget -- this is a couple who have, what, racked up 3 marriages each? Not exactly stable relationship types.

• Love 1

IMO, just mine, Kathy acts different to Kyle, colder, and has done so since before Mauricio left her husband's RE Brokerage but she is much warmer to Kim. She and Kim always seem to be more relaxed around each other and Kim does not mind if Kathy skips out on a promise, like planning/hosting Kimberly's graduation party last season but let Kyle is held to a different standard.

I am not sure Kathy is not concerned about Kim's drug/alcohol abuse/addictions but she is never around while Kyle is left to pick up the pieces. Heck, look at Kathy's own daughter's, Paris, drug/alcohol issues. There is a history of addiction/abuse on both sides of that family, Richards/Hilton.

Kathy is actually proud of her daughter -- that's a whole lot of crazy! I remember them on Larry King years ago after Paris got out of prison; Kathy was looking on her high-priced call-girl daughter with complete adoration and awe. If she was acting, she beats Kyle and Kim by a mile!

• Love 1

Kathy is actually proud of her daughter -- that's a whole lot of crazy! I remember them on Larry King years ago after Paris got out of prison; Kathy was looking on her high-priced call-girl daughter with complete adoration and awe. If she was acting, she beats Kyle and Kim by a mile!

It was not an act, when Paris's sex tape became public, it was reported that Big Kathy was very proud of her grand daughter and she and Little Kathy helped Paris use it for celebrity status/to make money!  They are 1 very twisted/sick family. IMO, Kyle's saving grace was/is her mother in-law.  Kim looks to sister Kathy and now Brandi as her protectors and guides in life! Scary sad!

Edited by WireWrap

In tonight's episode coming distractions we see Kyle throwing Brandi out of her home and Brandi reminding us all about Mauricio cheated on her! Here we go again...Kyle thought she had that behind her last season. Could this mean Kim and Brandi have been gossiping about this event. Shame on Brandi for resorting to this ugly business again. Double shame on Kim if she's so revengeful against her sister...that she emblazoned her best friend to go there.

Edited by RealityTVSmack1

It was not an act, when Paris's sex tape became public, it was reported that Big Kathy was very proud of her grand daughter and she and Little Kathy helped Paris use it for celebrity status/to make money!  They are 1 very twisted/sick family. IMO, Kyle's saving grace was/is her mother in-law.  Kim looks to sister Kathy and now Brandi as her protectors and guides in life! Scary sad!

Responded in Kyle's thread.

In tonight's episode coming distractions we see Kyle throwing Brandi out of her home and Brandi reminding us all about Mauricio cheated on her! Here we go again...Kyle thought she had that behind her last season. Could this mean Kim and Brandi have been gossiping about this event. Shame on Brandi for resorting to this ugly business again. Double shame on Kim if she's so revengeful against her sister...that she emblazoned her best friend to go there.

Responded in Kim's thread.

Big Kathy had been dead for a year when the tape came to light.  It came out in 2003 and was released in 2004.    So I question whoever claimed Big Kathy was proud of her granddaughter unless they had a connection to the after life.

Paris claims to have not made a dime of it and does not want to make any money of it.  http://on.aol.com/video/paris-hilton-claims-she-never-made-money-off-sex-tape-518028851  It sounds like someone made this up. I don't mean you Wire-it just doesn't make sense.

• Love 1

Big Kathy had been dead for a year when the tape came to light.  It came out in 2003 and was released in 2004.    So I question whoever claimed Big Kathy was proud of her granddaughter unless they had a connection to the after life.

Paris claims to have not made a dime of it and does not want to make any money of it.  http://on.aol.com/video/paris-hilton-claims-she-never-made-money-off-sex-tape-518028851  It sounds like someone made this up. I don't mean you Wire-it just doesn't make sense.

I think the tape was known to the family way before it became public. Wasn't there some kind of "pay me or else" threat to Paris before it became public? Also, BS on her saying she did not make a dime off of it, her entire "celebrity" status came from that tape  being released.

The Hilton's family attorney filed a lawsuit against the distributor of the video when it was released in 2003, claiming Paris was a minor when it was made. Paris was born in 1981 and was 22 when it was released in 2003. If she was a minor then it was made 5 years earlier and if they were fudging her age, it was made 3-4 years before it was known about. Either way, Big Kathy would have been alive.

Edited by WireWrap

So I question whoever claimed Big Kathy was proud of her granddaughter unless they had a connection to the after life.

Many seasons ago, didn't the Richards sisters go to see a psychic?  Or was it just Kyle?  Allison DuBois could have relayed a message too.

• Love 5
(edited)

I think the tape was known to the family way before it became public. Wasn't there some kind of "pay me or else" threat to Paris before it became public? Also, BS on her saying she did not make a dime off of it, her entire "celebrity" status came from that tape  being released.

The Hilton's family attorney filed a lawsuit against the distributor of the video when it was released in 2003, claiming Paris was a minor when it was made. Paris was born in 1981 and was 22 when it was released in 2003. If she was a minor then it was made 5 years earlier and if they were fudging her age, it was made 3-4 years before it was known about. Either way, Big Kathy would have been alive.

The tape was made when they were dating in 2003.  Big Kathy died in 2002. The guy, Solomon sued Paris and the Hiltons  for trying to discourage the distribution of the film when it was released in June of 2004, he sued the guy distributing it for $$$$ and the rights to  it  https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4NDKB_enUS584US584&q=Paris+hilton+sex+tape+dat+of+release#q=Paris+hilton+sex+tape+date+of+release&spell=1, the Hiltons did not sue for $$$ for the distribution Solomon alleged the Hiltons were trying to cut into the profits  by claiming Pairs was  a minor.  Paris sued claiming it was an invasion of privacy and lost her invasion of privacy lawsuit, Solomon won and Paris was awarded $400,000 and a percentage of the profits-not because she pursued it but because they had to include her in the settlement.  This tape had nothing to do with Big Kathy because she was dead. 

Paris had been in the news since she was 16 and had a TV show premiering-she was famous and I don't think it made her any more money. I don't really care for Paris because she had not discernible talent but she did not become famous solely due to a sex tape and it had nothing to do with her dead grandma.  Most women who buy Paris' goods are really not into sex videos.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 1

I think you are confusing the Kardashian video with Paris video

No, not confusing them at all. K/R Hilton claimed Paris was under age when the video was made and filed a lawsuit against Salomon, he in turn filed a defamation suite against them. AND Paris did make money off of the video............ http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,663313,00.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Salomon

"In 2003, a sex tape featuring Salomon and then-girlfriend Paris Hilton was leaked onto the Internet. Shortly afterward, Salomon filed a lawsuit against the company that distributed the tape, and against the Hilton family, whom he accused of tarnishing his reputation by suggesting that he had exploited Hilton.[2] Salomon further claimed in his $10 million suit that representatives of the Hiltons tried to discourage media outlets from playing excerpts of the tape by saying that Hilton was underage when the tape was made (which would have made showing the tape illegal), and were attempting to crush him to preserve the image they had created for her.[3] Hilton later sued the company that released the tape, Kahatani Ltd., for $30 million for violation of privacy and emotional distress.[4]

In April 2004, Salomon began distributing the tape himself through adult-film company Red Light District Video under the title 1 Night in Paris.[5] In July 2004, Salomon dropped his lawsuit against the Hilton family after Paris Hilton's privacy lawsuit was thrown out of court. Salomon and Red Light District Video agreed to pay Hilton $400,000 plus a percentage of the tape's sale profit."

Edited by WireWrap

I agree that Brandi has some really bad things from her childhood that affect her. I have no proof or reason, but both her parents creeped me out.  

I also agree with the poster who said there will be trouble again between Kyle and Lisa V.   Not that Lisa is an innocent, but Kyle has no idea what loyalty or being a friend is. She was raised in a home that had no values or morals.

Maybe its been covered already, but doesn't anyone else think Lisa V's home looks like a dept. store?  WTF is with the ridiculous front door and welcoming mat. Tacky, very tacky.

Didn't she say her first season that her parents were nudists? The parents creep me out, too -- especially after hearing that, and my unprofessional guess is that she was sexually molested as a child (by friend or family) -- hence the sexualized personality.