Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Chapter Ten

A hurricane hits town, forcing Jane to stay at the Marbella. Meanwhile, Rogelio comforts Xo when he learns about Alba's condition; Rafael gets his old job back and must make a tough call regarding staff layoffs; and Michael tries to assist Alba quietly.

Luisa's roommate Betty had such hysterical facial expressions. The best one was when Luisa was yelling at Rose to get and as she's leaving, Betty gives her such a stink eye!

Score one for Michael for helping with the Alba deportation situation.

• Love 4

So it seems Michael isn't long for this world, going by that last narration. I'm guessing his partner will turn out to be in Sin Rostro's pocket, and was deliberately pointing him toward Rafael, then has to kill him when he finds out the truth.

• Love 6

I was a bit ambivalent about them raising the Alba deportation stuff, just because while it's nice to bring a bit of spotlight to what is no doubt a real issue for many of the people on the show (such as guest star Diane Guerrero), a show like Jane the Virgin in some respects can't really do real service to this, since Alba is obviously not getting deported to Venezuela, and safety will obviously come from one of her daughter's various contacts.  I was surprised that it was Michael, though, rather one of Jane's two newfound rich acquaintances.

I'm not really sure what to make of the final line since, I can think of three possible interpretations:

1)  Jane/Michael OTP.

2)  Michael is hung up on Jane for the rest of his long life.

3)  Michael is going to die really soon.

And I think (1) is fairly unlikely.

• Love 1

It cracks me up that Luisa and Rose had sex right in front of Betty.  I was hoping Luisa was going to steal Rose's clothes and leave her there as she escaped as "Rose" but I'm glad to see escaping was part of her plan.

I really liked the dramatic atmosphere the storm created.  Just well some placed lightening, thunderclaps, wind and rain. 

I thought the story with Rafael having to make cuts was a smart story beat.  It highlighted just how privileged Jane is and how that puts her in a difficult position with her friends.  It's the non-fantasy side of that relationship. I just wonder if this was the best episode to have it in.  I get Jane wants to take care of people she cares about but how did she not scream that this day was not the right time for this?

Things I didn't love:  Petra, her mother and their hostage.  Maybe this wouldn't be the case if I binge watched but that story feels like it's treading water and going nowhere.  I also didn't like Xo promising to keep her legs closed without a ring.  I'd hate for this show to become chastity obsessed. 

Did anyone else get an ominous feeling when they focused on Michael and said that he felt that he and Jane were meant for one another and he'd feel that way until the day he died?  That leaves a couple of possibilities.  She ends up with him (which boo--#TeamRafael here for now).  She ends up with Rafael and Michael pines for her for the rest of his life (which boo--This #TeamRafael doesn't want #MiseryForMichael4Ever).  She keeps flip flopping between the two (which boo---ewww. #Anti-fickleJane).

Or, he dies early while he's still in love with Jane, whether he's with her or not.  For some reason, I think this is the most likely scenario. 

And as I'm about to post, I refresh and see I'm absolutely not the only thinking along these lines.  So I guess I got my answer but I spent time typing so...

• Love 6

I thought the story with Rafael having to make cuts was a smart story beat.  It highlighted just how privileged Jane is and how that puts her in a difficult position with her friends.  It's the non-fantasy side of that relationship. I just wonder if this was the best episode to have it in.  I get Jane wants to take care of people she cares about but how did she not scream that this day was not the right time for this?

One thing I was expecting to come up, but which didn't, was Jane quitting in lieu of Frankie being fired.  Both because that seems like the sort of martyrdom the character might be drawn to on some level (and this episode pointed out at the start that she has a unique safety net), and because, well, isn't she going to be quitting that job in the near future anyway?  She's supposedly got less than a semester left in teacher's college, and is pregnant besides.

• Love 8

One thing I was expecting to come up, but which didn't, was Jane quitting in lieu of Frankie being fired.  Both because that seems like the sort of martyrdom the character might be drawn to on some level (and this episode pointed out at the start that she has a unique safety net), and because, well, isn't she going to be quitting that job in the near future anyway?  She's supposedly got less than a semester left in teacher's college, and is pregnant besides.

Ooh yes.  I was going to bring this up but forgot. 

I know why she didn't bring it up.  Jane can be a bit of a martyr but she has to prioritize her martyrdom here.  She is the one with the safety net so a way that she can make sure she and all her friends are taken care of would be to use that safety net.  I'm sure Rafael wouldn't mind supporting her and the baby.  But we've seen how she has reacted to being offered money for having the baby.  So she's choosing the martyr route of working two jobs to support herself when she doesn't need to over the martyr route of letting Rafael support her so her friends can keep their jobs. 

As for whether she intends to quit her job after graduating, that's hard to say.  Unless they happen to land in a really cushy situation of a well-paying private school or well-to-do school district, first year teachers do not make much money.  It is not uncommon for them to take on second jobs.  I got the impression that she was planning to continue working as a waitress.  The fact that has a baby may have changed things, though--or it may not have.  With Alba, Xo, Rogelio and Rafael available to watch the baby, she may decide to do weekend shifts.

• Love 1

"Pun.   Intended."   -- that was a wicked line to get past whatever passes for censors these days.  As posters have noted in other weeks, never look away from the screen! 

And no, Michael's prospects do not look good, based on the past predictive accuracy of the narrator (remember right before Zaz was killed? ). 

Edited by jjj
  • Love 5

I don't think Michael's prospects look good but I don't think his death is imminent either.  The show seems committed to the love triangle.  I fully expect something to break Rafael and Jane up and for her to reunite with Michael--maybe even marrying him--before things swing back towards Rafael again either just before or just after Michael dies.

Oh, man, Michael is so gonna be toast before the season is over, IMO.

The "friends" storyline bothered on so many levels. The friends annoyed me because they were so high school and Jane annoyed  me because she didn't put them in their place. And everyone annoyed me because no one thought about, IDK, Raphael making a call to help the fired friends get a job somewhere else or something. Either way, it's quite laughable that everyone in Jane's camp assumed/assumes that Jane can keep working at the hotel no big deal.

So, Sin Rostro helps criminals get new faces. Guess the name is quite fitting, then.

I don't trust Rose. At least she does care about Luisa and feels bad about fucking her over, but there is something fishy there. Bridget always plays her like she's faking certain things that she says, imo. BTW, I don't want Rafael's dad to be SR, that would be boring. Can it be Rose? She was a lawyer that married to become a trophy wife, which is weird. And Sin Rostro's deal has changed, because it used to be drugs. Plus, she hangs out at the hotel more than her husband. I don't know, either she's the bad guy or she's undercover.

• Love 3

The friends were pretty much the worst. It's fair for Frankie to be upset but it's not fair for her to put Jane in that position.

Rogelio is the best. I loved his swag bag and the concealer. And that he called Gloria Estefan and the UN ambassador.

Things I didn't love: Petra, her mother and their hostage. Maybe this wouldn't be the case if I binge watched but that story feels like it's treading water and going nowhere.

At least he's finally not their hostage anymore, so it does seem like they're moving ahead on that front. I was wondering how long he'd be tied up in that hotel room.

• Love 3

To be fair, I don't think anyone knew about her grandother until she told them.  Even Michael didn't know.  She was about to tell them but then stopped.   Her friends put her in an awful position but when their living is at risk, I can understand their desperation.  Jane should have just told them that Rafael wouldn't discuss business with her. 

Oh, man, Michael is so gonna be toast before the season is over, IMO.

I would be shocked if it were this season.

I thought Rafael treated Petra abysmally. Yet another reason, Jane needs to OTP dump him too. Jane the Virgin: OTPing her own dignity since 2014. I give Xiomara 2 days of JtV'ing until she realizes she is constitutionally ill equipped to deal with chastity. Poor Rogelio.

• Love 1

I would be shocked if it were this season.

I think it will be this season because it felt too ominous not to be pretty imminent. Not just what the narrator said, but Michael's face and that long close up. It's like the revelation of who Sin Rostro is, I doubt it they will stretch it into another season. First thing I thought was that those two will go hand in hand: Michael discovers Sin Rostro and then is murdered by him or her.  I know he's supposed to be one third of THE triangle of the show, but I feel he's the one who's the most dispensable, to be honest.

Oh, and they cleared up that Jane and her family are from Venezuela. Nice wink to the original telenovela!

• Love 3

"Pun.   Intended."   -- that was a wicked line to get past whatever passes for censors these days.  As posters have noted in other weeks, never look away from the screen! 

This was hilarious! The narrator and the typing on screen really add something to this show. Love it all!

• Love 1

It was a jam packed episode again! The hurricane added a pretty dramatic undertone. Here are my thoughts en rafale

I loved Rogelio and his swag bag. The sunglasses, the golden tissu, the concealer, Gloria Estefan... I love Rogelio. And I love how he loves Xo.

I'm glad Alba is going to be alright. Correct me of I'm wrong but Michael didn't really make the whole deportation thing go away, right? His phone call was to keep Alba in Florida because "she is an important witness to a drug dealing case", but was that a temporary fix, or a long term one? I had the feeling it was only temporary.

I usually do not mind (and even appreciate) Jane's selfless actions, but telling her friends about Alba so they would leave her alone really bothered me. I was waiting for her to start crying and telling them to leave her alone, but no. Jane's friends really put her in an impossible position. I was glad that Rafael saw past the "business talk" when Jane asked about the layoffs and saw that it was just Jane looking out for her friends.

The whole Sin Rostro plot thickens and I like it. Magda and Petra's storyline drags a bit but with the hostage not being a hostage anymore, I look forward to what comes next. Yes, Rafael was a bit rude and heartless with Petra, but with everything she's done, I understand why he doesn't want to give an inch.

Rose is more and more suspicious. The whole seen with Louisa and Betty was definitely hilarious!

Michael... I don't know what to make of all the theories we can draw from this episode.

Not my favourite episode, but it set things up for what's to come and I look forward to it.

• Love 2

This show moves QUICK, so I feel like Alba won't be able to hide that she heard the prayer for very long, and, also, that we won't have to wait too, too long to find out what the Narrator meant about Michael at the end.

I know he's supposed to be one third of THE triangle of the show, but I feel he's the one who's the most dispensable, to be honest.

Well I'm assuming no one would argue that a show called Jane the Virgin should kill off Jane.

• Love 1

I loved that they had the immigration reform PSA/hashtag explicitly in the episode. The narration is taking this show from great to sublime.

Xo promised not to let a guy "between her legs"-- she didn't promise not to kiss anyone. I don't think God, or even Alba, could have criticized her moment with Rogelio this episode, but Xo is a character who has a huge load of existential guilt to get out from under. I hope we do see her eventually stop feeling so bad about herself.

Rose is bad. She may be Sin Rostro, but in that case I'd think she would be less afraid of her husband and less depndent on his wealth. I was really disappointed when Luisa caved in. If Rose really felt sorry, she'd confess, get Luisa out of lock up, and get divorced. She was just using her, fishing for info, and generally being awful this week. I loved Luisa's roommate, though. I hope she eventually does speak.

I'm still wondering about Michael's brother and what nefarious business he's involved in.

• Love 3

I'm sure I'm the last one to notice this, but I flipped right out last night when I realized Magda is Terri Alden from Three's Company! That is amazing. I loved her.

I don't trust Rose. At least she does care about Luisa and feels bad about fucking her over, but there is something fishy there. Bridget always plays her like she's faking certain things that she says, imo. BTW, I don't want Rafael's dad to be SR, that would be boring. Can it be Rose? She was a lawyer that married to become a trophy wife, which is weird. And Sin Rostro's deal has changed, because it used to be drugs. Plus, she hangs out at the hotel more than her husband. I don't know, either she's the bad guy or she's undercover.

I don't think Rose feels bad at all, I kind of assumed the whole thing was a ruse to get information. The info was "why she came" and all. Hee.

That said, I will never complain about hot Rose/Luisa action. Never.

Edited by gesundheit
  • Love 1
"I'll live a better life -- more God-like, and all that....I'll live a chaste life...and I won't let a man between these legs again without a ring."

Couldn't she just backtrack by saying she meant a cock ring? Seems reasonable to me.

• Love 3

I'm sure I'm the last one to notice this, but I flipped right out last night when I realized Magda is Terri Alden from Three's Company! That is amazing. I loved her.

How the hell did I miss this. I loved Priscilla on Three's Company. Now I have to go back and watch some of her scenes as Magda again.

• Love 1

Oh good, I wasn't the last to notice! All that scar makeup really does disguise her, but I noticed the name in the opening credits this episode and for some reason really hadn't before. And now I can totally see her in there! So cool.

I don't think Rose feels bad at all, I kind of assumed the whole thing was a ruse to get information. The info was "why she came" and all. Hee.

I think Rose does feel bad because the narrator said so, and I think he's supposed to be an omnipresent narrator who knows pretty much everything, including how characters feel and how things will turn out. Having said that, I do think her going to Luisa was primarily because she wanted the info and she was lying when she said some of the stuff she said. I thought her saying she panicked and her pretending to be so conflicted about being in love with a woman was bullshit she was feeding luisa because that's what she thought Luisa wanted to hear. but that being the case doesn't mean she doesn't feel bad about putting Luisa there.

• Love 1

I think Rose does feel bad because the narrator said so, and I think he's supposed to be an omnipresent narrator who knows pretty much everything, including how characters feel and how things will turn out. 

Oh good catch, I actually forgot that the narrator said that!

So, I just want to throw this out there since JtV embraces its soapiness...Sin Rostro could possibly be someone's evil twin. That's where my mind went when we discovered the plastic surgery room was doing facial reconstruction. Sin Rostro could have changed his or her face and kidnapped the real person whose face he/she stole, injecting himself/herself into the scene that way.

• Love 1

I'm glad Alba is going to be alright. Correct me of I'm wrong but Michael didn't really make the whole deportation thing go away, right? His phone call was to keep Alba in Florida because "she is an important witness to a drug dealing case", but was that a temporary fix, or a long term one? I had the feeling it was only temporary.

My understanding is that the only reason they were going to deport her was because they did not want to absorb the cost of her treatment with no insurance.  So it wasn't necessarily a legal thing, but a money thing.  I was under the impression that if she could have paid, then it wouldn't have been an issue, but now that they can't deport her, they're just going to suck it up.  Plus, I'm sure that Rogelio will pitch in.

Sounds like Michael might not be long for this world. I'm bummed. I like Michael way more than Rafael. I'm not sure why, but I just can't connect with him. 

My people! I love Michael and I borderline hate Rafael. I was scared about how that would end up affecting my love for this show in the long run and now I'm even more scared since it seems obvious they're gonna kill off Michael.

I also, huge UO alert, hate Jane/Rafael. Their relationship has made me hate Jane and that really sucks. The story they're doing here is just terrible. Jane comes of so badly. The bigger problem is I can't tell if the writer's get that or if they think it's totally awesome that Jane dropped Michael like hot potato and treats him like shit while she moons over Rafael. Ugh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

Honestly, I think the story of Michael being an adoptive father to Jane's baby and having to deal with Rafael outside of their relationship is a much more interesting story with potential conflict than Rafael and Jane's glowing heart love and perfect coincidence family. I have lost some interest in Jane's story of late because of this.

Still here for the narrator, Xo, and Rogelio.

• Love 7

Honestly, I think the story of Michael being an adoptive father to Jane's baby and having to deal with Rafael outside of their relationship is a much more interesting story with potential conflict than Rafael and Jane's glowing heart love and perfect coincidence family. I have lost some interest in Jane's story of late because of this.

Still here for the narrator, Xo, and Rogelio.

Yep, I've also lost interest in Jane's story. I just don't buy this amazing love connection between Jane and Rafael. 

But I adore Xo, Rogelio, the Narrator, and the fast pace and batshit craziness of it all that I still enjoy it. 

• Love 1

I also, huge UO alert, hate Jane/Rafael. Their relationship has made me hate Jane and that really sucks. The story they're doing here is just terrible. Jane comes of so badly. The bgger problem is I can't tell if the writer's get that or if they think it's totally awesome that Jane dropped Michael like hot potato and treats him like shit while she moons over Rafael. Ugh.

I don't really see what makes Jane come off badly.  She broke up with Michael because she was upset about his lying to her, and then decided to act on her feelings for Rafael.  She hasn't done anything wrong.

• Love 7

At this point, Rafael and Michael are about tied for me. I could see Jane living happily ever after with either of them...eventually...although they both have some serious flaws. Michael did deserve to get dumped. His lying and attempt at gaslighting Jane was abhorrent. But he is redeemable.

I have no real specific problems with Rafael, but he did seem WAY SHADY in this episode when Jane was trying to ask if he knew anything about the criminal activity at the hotel and he was all "HAHA criminal stuff, ME?!?! Let me vaguely reassure you that I am a total Boy Scout! You can trust me! Just trust me!" I tend to think that the more someone tries to get you to trust them, the less you should trust them.

I don't think Rafael is Sin Rostro, but I think he can't be completely clueless about everything that's going on in the hotel, unless he's really bad at his job. Would he really have never found that surgery room? Or wondered what was behind a door he, the manager of the whole shebang, didn't have a key to? Does he just roam between his office and the bar and never get to know every nook and cranny of his hotel?

Jane's friends were obnoxious. I get why, but good grief, children, choose your timing better and maybe try not to suck so much as an employee if you want to keep your job. Although I also think the layoffs were just the tip of the iceberg and they were feeling more jealous of Jane and like she isn't one of them anymore in general, and resent her a bit (even though she is also unexpectedly pregnant and having to deal with that huge life shift, I think right now her friends are mostly seeing the rich superstar daddy and rich boss boyfriend and new car and teaching job...not to mention that Jane is nearly done with school and has a real career path planned beyond being a waitress, and the others don't seem to). I like the realism of the storyline of the rifts that crop up now that she is in a more privileged position and shifting to a different phase of life. I think as much as being mad, Jane's coworkers are feeling like she's leaving them behind.

Now I'm wondering why Betty is in a mental hospital and hasn't spoken in so long. What is her trauma? And how is it going to tie into the rest of the story?

Also, Rafael didn't actually answer Jane about the stack of passports in the safe. And he said the burner phone was from when he went to Mexico looking for Luisa. Okay, sure...a rich businessman doesn't have a phone with a fancy international plan? I guess. But then why put the phone in the safe instead of dropping it in a drawer or something?

The most likely scenario to me is that Rafael's father is Sin Rostro, and Rafael is not directly involved in the crime business but knows about it from a whole lifetime in the shadow of his father...maybe with multiple identities for the whole family. So the real storyline will probably turn out to be something completely different from that.

• Love 4

I thought we were gonna get that and I really loved that idea. I mean obviously I knew immediately that Jane/Rafael was gonna happen and most likely be endgame, but I didn't expect Jane to dump Michael so quickly and easily and get with Rafael immediately. I think it was a terrible writing decision.

I don't really see what makes Jane come off badly.  She broke up with Michael because she was upset about his lying to her, and then decided to act on her feelings for Rafael.  She hasn't done anything wrong.

She definitely comes off, IMO, as way too judgmental about Michael's lie, which to her credit she did say she's judgmental. She's treating Michael OTT badly. She literally jumped right from Michael to Rafael, so she can get off her high horse any time now. And honestly I don't understand why Michael's lie is enough to make her throw away her love for him but she seems to think Rafael is a saint or something when she knows he's not. It makes her look dumb and asshole-ish to me.

I think and hope that since she actually asked Rafael about the suspicions Michael was having that she's starting to get a clue and I hope she didn't buy Rafael's badly acted ignorance.

All this being said, I really do adore this show. I love Rogelio SO much. I love Xo, I love Petra, I love Michael, I love the narrator.

• Love 1

She definitely comes off, IMO, as way too judgmental about Michael's lie, which to her credit she did say she's judgmental. She's treating Michael OTT badly. She literally jumped right from Michael to Rafael, so she can get off her high horse any time now.

What "high horse"?  Michael's willingness to give the baby to a couple he knew was on the rocks, when he knew that was important to Jane, is a pretty big deal to her (and his attempts to keep the secret also involved telling Jane that her correct suspicions were hormonal, etc.).  Don't get me wrong, I understand Michael's situation (that's a mark of good writing), but I understand why Jane had a problem with it.

• Love 10

I think I would be able to handle Jane acting like Michael is evil better if she wasn't so googly eyed over Rafael, who isn't exactly a prince.

I haven't seen Jane acting like Michael's evil.  She's been quite civil with him, after the initial anger.  Things are awkward, which is pretty much unavoidable.

• Love 3

I think I would be able to handle Jane acting like Michael is evil better if she wasn't so googly eyed over Rafael, who isn't exactly a prince.

She hasn't acted like he's evil.  She thought lying to her about the state of Petra and Rafael's marriage and telling her that her suspicions were just due to hormones and nothing legitimate was a breakupable offense but that doesn't translate into thinking he's evil. 

She cared enough about Michael's feelings and her mother's opinion and wasn't going to pursue her feelings for Rafael.  Michael only found out about the kiss because he snooped in her private property and read the note Rafael left for her. 

• Love 1

It's just a YMMV thing. I think Jane treats Michael way too shittily. It might be more of a directing problem than a writing problem though, IMO, since I feel Gina's face is the main thing giving me the impression.

I know that hating Jane/Rafael and preferring Michael to Rafael is very much a minority opinion. I am glad to see there are a few who agree though since it seemed like I was the only one!

• Love 2

She definitely comes off, IMO, as way too judgmental about Michael's lie, which to her credit she did say she's judgmental. She's treating Michael OTT badly. She literally jumped right from Michael to Rafael, so she can get off her high horse any time now. And honestly I don't understand why Michael's lie is enough to make her throw away her love for him but she seems to think Rafael is a saint or something when she knows he's not. It makes her look dumb and asshole-ish to me.

See, I interpret this as Jane always being the good girl, the one that makes the right decisions, the one that has a life plan, a timeline. I am not saying she didn't really love Michael, she obviously did. But I think she was planning a life with him because he was safe, he was a logical choice (a good guy, respecting her desire to stay a virgin until they marry, etc), he was the right choice to make for her to follow her life plan. She always wanted to be different from her mother, and so Michael and being a virgin, etc would help her achieve that. I think Michael represents the "be a logical, good girl" path for Jane.

From the flashback of Rafael and Jane, when they first met it's pretty clear she felt those sparks for this guy right from the beginning. She feels this chemical thing (like they mentioned in the show). I especially remember Rafael asking her back then what she'd be doing if she was logical (teaching) or if she was brave and following her dreams (writing). Now with this baby, having her life plan derailing right in front of her eyes, she is allowing herself to follow her dreams and allowing her feelings to dictate a bit more of her decisions, rather than relying solely on a rational plan. I think Rafael represents the "follow your dreams" path for Jane.

Outside of the context of the show, I am not saying one path is better than the other. People make their own decisions and do what works for them.

In the context of the show, I think it's actually pretty awesome to see this dichotomy play out in front of us viewers.

• Love 8

I like the realism of the storyline of the rifts that crop up now that she is in a more privileged position and shifting to a different phase of life. 

Of course this is a tv show and a telenovela on top of it, so you take everything they throw at you with a huge grain of salt, checking reality to the door when you watch it. But despite all the incredibly unlikely scenarios they throw at us, the writers also sprinkle in some really, truly realistic moments (Alba's immigration thing, Jane having cravings because of her pregnancy, Jane's friends and her having to adjust to them being in different phases of life, etc...) And that is just another reason why I really love this show!

• Love 1

Bouffe, I felt that way for most of the season too, but lately I don't feel they're particularly writing it that way. Not writing it well at least.

I just wish Jane would have moments where she seems like she missing Michael or wondering if maybe she was too harsh about the lie or just seeming like she thinks about him at all. She acts like everything he does now is just so awful and annoying. She accused him of stalking her, like come on, honey. But maybe Jane really never loved Michael, in which case her current behavior would make more sense to me, but the show hasn't ever hinted at that either, so I don't know.

Ultimately I think it was a huge mistake for them to put Jane/Rafael together so quickly. 

And, shallowly, while I do agree with the majority of viewers that Jane/Rafael have chemistry, it's way too schmoopy for my tastes and I just find them supremely annoying together. Plus, Rafael seems like a completely different person with Jane and I don't know if that's deliberate in the writing or just an acting or even directing thing.

• Love 3

Bouffe, I felt that way for most of the season too, but lately I don't feel they're particularly writing it that way. Not writing it well at least.

Ultimately I think it was a huge mistake for them to put Jane/Rafael together so quickly. 

I think they put Rafael and Jane together that quickly because they had no idea if the show was going to be renewed or if they would only get one season. At least I feel like that's part of the reason why the pace of this show is so infernal!

I respect your opinion, peachmangosteen, even tho I disagree. I love that we can all have a civil conversation about this show. :)

• Love 3

I think they put Rafael and Jane together that quickly because they had no idea if the show was going to be renewed or if they would only get one season. At least I feel like that's part of the reason why the pace of this show is so infernal!

Yea, I imagine this is why, too.

I look forward to seeing how everything plays out now since they will indeed have another season. I assume Jane/Rafael will break up, which I actually fear I'll end up hating, but hopefully they surprise me!

• Love 1

I like Jane see Michael being willing to let her give her baby to an unstable couple to be a huge betrayal. He also made her feel stupid when she told him her fears. Its a trust issue at this point.

That being said I don't think Jane treats Michael badly. If anything she's doing her best to treat Michael and Rafael equally. She still confides in Michael as we saw in the elevator.

Like Bouffe said Jane has an opportunity to take a different path and I don't think she should be punished for doing so. If her and Michael are really meant go be they will be.