Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

http://tvline.com/gallery/may-sweeps-spoilers-2017-finale-episodes-photos/#!23/distant-sun-4/

PRE-FINALE: The final episodes of Season 2 will test Kara’s friendship with Lena, first by introducing Ms. Luthor’s ex-beau — the dangerous and shady Jack Spheer (iZombie‘s Rahul Kohli) — and then by setting up a potential alliance between Lena and Queen Rhea, whose mysterious plan quickly escalates. Meanwhile, Kara and Maggie will grow closer as they team up to rescue Alex from a life-threatening situation, and James will find a new purpose as Guardian becomes National City’s only hope against a string of deadly attacks.

SEASON FINALE (MAY 22): In addition to meeting the infamous General Zod, viewers should keep an eye out for some returning favorites as the season comes to a climax. “With the return of Superman and Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart first resurfaces on May 15), we are poised for our biggest most exciting episode of the season,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg says. “Big fights, big guest stars, big emotion — it’s going to be amazing.”

Whatever, Kreisberg....

• Love 1

Press release for 2.21. Least helpful press release ever! Those writers teamed up for 2x03, which was strong, and 2x08, which was solid. Let's hope they channel the magic again (because individually they contributed to 2x13-14, which are the worst episodes of the season, so we certainly don't want a repeat of that bullshit).

• Love 2

Stills and interview out for 2x19. Bwah, Maggie looks like she wants to stab Kara with a steak knife over dinner.

I LOVE Rhea's outfit. She's rocking it so hard!

I'm trying hard not to get my expectations up too much, but this episode sounds like it could be so good.

And M'gann is back for the finale. That episode is going to feel so fragmented--so many characters are in it, they're going to get like 2 minutes of screentime each.

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, stealinghome said:

I'm trying hard not to get my expectations up too much, but this episode sounds like it could be so good.

I've already failed, because they keep saying stuff like this:

“It’s one of my favorite episodes we’ve ever done,” Kreisberg continues. “It’s certainly not the flashiest episode in terms of visual effects and in terms of stunts, but just as a character piece, I think it’s so interesting.”

From here.

• Love 1
(edited)

Supergirl Boss Sets the Stage for Season 2's Final 4 Episodes: Kara's Got "Several Very Difficult Decisions" to Make

there's a great standoff between Cat Grant and Rhea, as well. And also between Rhea and Lynda Carter. It's amazing to me to be on set when you're watching Teri Hatcher, Calista Flockhart and Lynda Carter all yelling at each other. It's pretty cool. [Laughs] I mean, in the beginning, it was sort of like "What is Supergirl and what does this show stand for?" and having the first female superhero on TV in so many years. And what I love about it is it's not just making your lead a girl and sort of setting her off in the world. In episode 21, you have a scene with Teri Hatcher and Calista Flockhart and Melissa Benoist and Lynda Carter in a script written by Jessica Queller, directed by Millicent Shelton. It really is a woman's world on this show and we're so proud to be able to present that.

http://www.eonline.com/news/847385/supergirl-boss-sets-the-stage-for-season-2-s-final-4-episodes-kara-s-got-several-very-difficult-decisions-to-make

Looking forward to this. Only missing Brenda Strong. 

Edited by nightwing877
  • Love 4

Season finale description:

"Nevertheless, She Persisted"

SUPERGIRL FIGHTS FOR HER CITY; SUPERMAN RETURNS -
Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) challenges Rhea (guest star Teri Hatcher) to battle to save National City. Meanwhile, Superman (guest star Tyler Hoechlin) returns and Cat Grant (guest star Calista Flockhart) offers Supergirl some sage advice.

Glen Winter directed the episode with story by Andrew Kreisberg & Jessica Queller and teleplay by Robert Rovner & Caitlin Parrish
(#222). Original airdate 5/22/2017.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm very excited about the next episodes. There is a few interesting interviews with Andrew Kreisberg about the next episodes here:

http://tvline.com/2017/05/01/supergirl-spoilers-kara-vs-lena-season-2-finale-interview/

http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-2/supergirl-andrew-kreisberg-season-2-finale-general-zod-superman

http://www.cbr.com/interview-supergirl-andrew-kreisberg-superman-general-zod/

I am so excited about all people that is returning in these episodes (Superman, Cat, M'Gann, Eve).

I want more Rhea and want to see what happens after her interactions with Mon-El and Lena. I want to see the Daxamites attacking Earth and Maggie/ Alex/ Jonn/ M'Gann and everyone else fighting them. I wan't Kara and Mon-El finally fighting together again and more romantic moments between them.

Also according to paps (check tweets from canadagraphs and pursuit23), Lena, Lillian and Winn have scenes together in the alien throne room and I want to know what it is about.

I want to know what happens with Mon-El that according to paps will have to make the ultimate sacrifice (something related to pods) but will be in season 3. He is still in DEO clothing in his leaked photos in the finale, so I don't think that we will get his supersuit of hero name this season but paps said that there will be an emotional scene with Kara so I'm expecting her ILY.

I am so excited about the finale Supergirl/ Superman fight (there are leaked photos all over twitter) and what role plays General Zod in this. According to paps Clark doesn't recognize Kara, so maybe he thinks that he is fighting Zod?

I want to know who the season 3 villain is (Kreisberg said that we will know in the finale).

I'm so excited! I am loving this season!

Edited by emarasmoak

Well, I'm very glad that my prediction came true and Superman isn't in the finale to show off Kara, but to give Kara an even more impressive foe to fight. I wonder if they'll actually allow her to beat him or whether she'll just make him snap out of mind control in time. It sounds like the finale will be a super wild ride when it comes to fight scenes. Super psyched to have Cat and Rhea meet, it just hope Cat survives that. 

• Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, tofutan said:

Well, I'm very glad that my prediction came true and Superman isn't in the finale to show off Kara, but to give Kara an even more impressive foe to fight. I wonder if they'll actually allow her to beat him or whether she'll just make him snap out of mind control in time. It sounds like the finale will be a super wild ride when it comes to fight scenes. Super psyched to have Cat and Rhea meet, it just hope Cat survives that. 

She will.  Cat's survived much worse than Rhea, including a direct assault by Supergirl that nearly killed her (being thrown off her own building because Supergirl wanted to prove that she had power over life and death and that Cat was nothing compared to her).

I'm just disappointed that the show couldn't find a way to have Teri Hatcher and Dean Cain have even one scene together.  From what I understand, everyone was on board with the idea, but nobody could figure out how to make it happen.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, stealinghome said:

I believe I read somewhere that Dean Cain has other commitments and couldn't film in the finale. If that's true, I kind of get it, but if appears, I agree I'm calling shenanigans!!!

That must explain it. Because Rhea and Lillian are apparently suppose to be sharing a scene, if Lena and Rhea have story together, Lillian must be included. So they can easily have Jeremiah involved, if he had connections to Lillian.

Clearly must just be Dean Cain isn't in the final. But too bad, because Rhea is most likely dying, so we will never get them together now.

(edited)

I thought it would have been wild to have Rhea meet Jeremiah, size him up, and then contemptuously shoot him down with a line such as "You're the best that human males have to offer? This planet is even more pathetic than I thought!"  It would be a nice call-back to when Lois first met Clark on Lois & Clark -- she barely tolerated him because she considered him so far beneath her that he wasn't even worth her contempt.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1

Darn, no Jeremiah in the finale? That's the first thing I heard of it. That's quite sad, I was kinda counting on there being some payoff there. 

Anyway, the Inside Look is out: 

My first reaction would be to be worried that James decides to give up being Guardian because he realizes he can inspire people better as a writer/journalist. Except we know he fights in the finale together with everybody else. So maybe he does get his groove back by the end of the episode. 

TBH, if the show would actually commit to showing James working as a writer/photojournalist and also commit to Kara's journalism career, I would LOVE if the show would ditch the Guardian stuff. It's never been anything more than a "crap, the CW told us to kill Kara/James and what do we do with James now??? I know, throw stuff on the wall and see what sticks!!!!" storyline. In a season chock full of nonsensical or plain bad storylines, it's been one of the worst offenders.

The show really needs to set James up as Kara's photojournalist partner who is going to tutor her in being a reporter. That's his obvious niche on the show. Sadly, the writers have totally dropped their S1 thoughtfulness about the power of the media...just as that is an intensely topical issue now.

• Love 9
On 2017-05-07 at 5:09 PM, stealinghome said:

.just as that is an intensely topical issue now.

Yes, but the titled an episode "Nevertheless, She Persisted" so that takes care of current affairs now.

I'm excited for this episode. The show has got too carried away with aliens and CGI for me this season so I want to see if they can write a decent thought episode for a change.

• Love 1
On 2017-5-8 at 7:09 AM, stealinghome said:

TBH, if the show would actually commit to showing James working as a writer/photojournalist and also commit to Kara's journalism career, I would LOVE if the show would ditch the Guardian stuff. It's never been anything more than a "crap, the CW told us to kill Kara/James and what do we do with James now??? I know, throw stuff on the wall and see what sticks!!!!" storyline. In a season chock full of nonsensical or plain bad storylines, it's been one of the worst offenders.

The show really needs to set James up as Kara's photojournalist partner who is going to tutor her in being a reporter. That's his obvious niche on the show. Sadly, the writers have totally dropped their S1 thoughtfulness about the power of the media...just as that is an intensely topical issue now.

This is what James' story of season 2 should of been. James/Kara working as a team on reporting. 

Because Catco and the media made SG standout from all the other shows. S2 feels too much like all the other DC shows. I don't want Catco and the media to be gone for good in season 3.

• Love 3

I think they might actually be at the alien bar--hence why Kara and Cat are near a dumpster in the last few shots.  Plus, the pic with Alex and the President is definitely at the bar (you can see the "pool" sign) and the shot of Cat and the President looks to be in the same location.

1 hour ago, secnarf said:

Is that Cat at the DEO?

I really miss Cat. I think her leaving was one of the worst things that could have happened to this show.

If Cat's at the DEO, then there's no question that she knows Kara is Supergirl, since that's the most poorly kept secret AT the DEO.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, secnarf said:

Is that Cat at the DEO?

I really miss Cat. I think her leaving was one of the worst things that could have happened to this show.

Me too. Loosing Cat was the worst thing that happened to the show. Her presence really kept this show light with her one liners, and this show will go on for years, and Cat will have only been a major presence for that first season. 

I hope in season 3, she can come back more often.

3 hours ago, stealinghome said:

I think they might actually be at the alien bar--hence why Kara and Cat are near a dumpster in the last few shots.  Plus, the pic with Alex and the President is definitely at the bar (you can see the "pool" sign) and the shot of Cat and the President looks to be in the same location.

Guess Catco being partly ruined with destruction, has meant Cat is out of the office. Her at the DEO and Alien Bar. So looks like Cat has to know she is Supegirl, or at least she confirms to her she has known. 

I never thought I would see Cat at the DEO. That is like if Moira turned up at the Arrowcave. lol

9 hours ago, nightwing877 said:

Me too. Loosing Cat was the worst thing that happened to the show. Her presence really kept this show light with her one liners, and this show will go on for years, and Cat will have only been a major presence for that first season. 

I hope in season 3, she can come back more often.

I think there's a good chance she might not be in Season 3 because it appears it's very difficult for them to get her to film in Vancouver.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, stealinghome said:

If this is it for Cat/CF, I just hope the show doesn't kill her off. I'd much rather they give us another ending like 2x02, where you can imagine Cat off doing whatever in the world.

Me too. I hope this is what they do with her. Leaving the door open much later in the series.

8 hours ago, Xander said:

I think there's a good chance she might not be in Season 3 because it appears it's very difficult for them to get her to film in Vancouver.

Yeah this is true, especially with them hoping she would be recurring throughout. Instead of book ending a season. The move really hurt the show with loosing Cat. But we have to remember if this was on the CW to begin with, Calista never would have been casted in the first place and someone else would be playing Cat.

What’s the scoop on Cat Grant and Superman’s return on Supergirl? — Rosie
Both will play pivotal roles heading into the final two episodes. “I don’t want to tease too much about how they return because both Superman’s return and Cat’s return are great surprises; how it happens, you’ll be shocked at both of their appearances,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says. “This is Kara’s darkest hour. It’s perfect that she has both Superman and Cat, who are these great stabilizing influences in her life — Cat, who tends to have a good handle on what Kara needs, and Clark has a pretty good handle on what Supergirl needs. She needs them both desperately because she’s faced with some truly awful decisions to make in the finale and choices that affect her both as Kara and as Supergirl. Having her surrogate mother and surrogate brother there to make these decisions, it’s good to have them there.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/12/spoiler-room-once-upon-time-supergirl-ncis-la/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

And

The Girl of Steel is going to have her work cut out for her in the final episodes of Supergirl this season.

After Rhea (Teri Hatcher) effectively tricked Lena (Katie McGrath) into creating a portal that would allow the surviving Daxamite race to come to Earth — err, New Daxam — Kara (Melissa Benoist) will have to turn to some unlikely allies to combat this new threat, not least of which is Cadmus leader Lillian Luthor (Brenda Strong).

But just because they are aligned now doesn’t mean Cadmus has stopped hating aliens. In fact, the Daxamites won’t be Kara’s only threat as Supergirl heads into its second season finale. “There’s multiple showdowns coming up,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW. “These are some of our biggest episodes we’ve ever done.”

“The finale is probably the biggest episode we’ve ever done,” Kreisberg continues. “We saved a bunch of money to pay for more visual effects and actually added another day to the schedule so we could make it as big as possible, and yet it also has multiple get-your-Kleenex scenes. We’re really excited about it. We’re all blown away.”

With villains abound, Kara will also find some help from returning familiar faces Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart) and Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), both of whom she needs “desperately because she’s faced with some truly awful decisions to make in the finale,” Kreisberg says.

Kara will need all the help she can get when Superman villain General Zod (Mark Gibbon) joins the board in the finale. “It’s a great moment,” Kreisberg says of Zod’s arrival. “We needed a big, iconic Superman villain, and there really isn’t anybody more iconic, at least in terms of a physical opponent for Superman, than Zod.”

“Say whatever you want about the finales, they’re not boring,” Kreisberg says with a laugh. “It really feels like the culmination of everything we’ve been doing all season long, all the different story lines, whether it’s Superman and Cat and Cadmus and M’Gann and Mon-El and Lynda Carter and now Rhea, it all comes together in one big two-part story.”

http://ew.com/tv/2017/05/12/supergirl-season-2-finale-spoilers/

• Love 1

Looking at the new promo, I really hope the big drama in the finale is not about whether or not Supergirl can beat Rhea in a duel but whether she is ready to kill her as the rules require. That way that scene where she gives Rhea one last chance to surrender would also make more sense. 

(edited)

Stills for the finale:

http://www.farfarawaysite.com/section/supergirl/gallery22/gallery22/gallery.htm

The last few, where Kara and Clark are all wet, look like the fight from the promo in the fountain/shallow pool, so probably first scene of the episode. By the time of the Catco stills, Kara must've broken the mind control on Supes.

So my big question is whether the Fortress of Solitude pics with Alex are pre- or post-Catco. That is, does Kara bring Clark to the Fortress right from their fight, or is that scene later in the ep? I'm guessing she brings him there right after the fight, based on them both lying down (healing?) and Alex still being in her tac vest. Though I'm not sure why Kara would've stopped to pick up Alex on the way...and shouldn't Mon-El be there, since he beamed down to the Fortress and (presumably) didn't leave with Lillian et al?

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

Wasn't Lillian knocked out by Cyborg Superman? I'm so confused by the promo because again it shows that despite there being an alien invasion going on, Mon-El has the opportunity to change his outfit twice (once into civilian clothes in a beige jacket and once into the DEO outfit). If they are all under attack, what reason would he even have dress civilian at all? Would make much more sense if they were all running around in combat great 24/7 till the crisis is resolved. (I make an exception for Kara since I presume she needs advice from Cat again plus wants make a token effort to maintain her double identity in front of Cat) 

• Love 1

Wow Catco sure got repaired quickly, so I am guessing all the Clark/Cat/Kara scenes are of course after the battle is over. With the way Cat is seen in these pics, it is like she is returning to stay at Catco, doubt it unless Calista is willing to be more recurring in season 3 and appear in 2-3 episodes every so often.

(edited)

I this considered media or spoilers? 

SUPERGIRL is an action-adventure drama based on the DC character Kara Zor-El, (Melissa Benoist) Superman’s (Kal-El) cousin who, after 12 years of keeping her powers a secret on Earth, decides to finally embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. Twelve-year-old Kara escaped the doomed planet Krypton with her parents’ help at the same time as the infant Kal-El. Protected and raised on Earth by her foster family, the Danvers, Kara grew up in the shadow of her foster sister, Alex (Chyler Leigh), and learned to conceal the phenomenal powers she shares with her famous cousin in order to keep her identity a secret. Years later, Kara was living in National City and still concealing her powers, when a plane crash threatened Alex’s life and Kara took to the sky to save her. Now, Kara balances her work as a reporter for CatCo Worldwide Media with her work for the Department of Extra-Normal Operations (DEO), a super-secret government organization whose mission is to keep National City – and the Earth – safe from sinister threats. At the DEO, Kara works for J’onn J’onzz (David Harewood), the Martian Manhunter, and alongside her sister, Alex, and best friend, Winn Schott (Jeremy Jordan). Also in Kara’s life are media mogul Cat Grant (Calista Flockhart), James Olsen (Mehcad Brooks), a photo journalist who moonlights as Guardian, a masked vigilante, Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath), and Mon-El of Daxam (Chris Wood), whose planet was ravaged by Krypton’s destruction. As Kara struggles to navigate her relationships and her burgeoning life as a reporter, her heart soars as she takes to the skies as Supergirl to fight crime. Based on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, SUPERGIRL is from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“The Flash,” “Arrow”), Andrew Kreisberg (“The Flash,” “Arrow”), Sarah Schechter (“Arrow,” “The Flash”), Robert Rovner (“Private Practice,” “Dallas”) and Jessica Queller (“Gilmore Girls,” “Gossip Girl,” “Felicity”).

https://supergirl.tv/supergirl-season-3-synopsis

Most noteworthy is that Cat and Mon-El and James are mentioned (so we know they are not dying in the finale). The only one that is missing is Maggie? 

And Ali Adler is not listed as a producer anymore. 

Edited by LolaRuns
(edited)

I got the vibe that Adler hasn't been actively involved with the show for a while. I think it may be part of the reason the show is not as good as last year despite some good developments this season. 

I wonder if Maggie was not mentioned because the synopsis was Kara centred and she has a less direct connection to Kara than the other characters mentioned. I've heard everyone is returning but I'm not certain about that. 

Edited by Oreo2234

Yeah, I'm not reading too much into that (though I also wouldn't be surprised if the show dropped Floriana Lima to recurring given that they have zero interest in Maggie). Last year's similar blurb from the upfronts made it sound like Cat/Catco was still going to be a big part of the show, and then.... Nor did last year's blurb mention Mon-El, who has virtually taken over the show at times this season. Who the show brings to SDCC will be way more telling for their S3 plans.

I agree that Adler is basically uninvolved with the show at this point, and that has been to the show's detriment. She seemed to have a hand in 2A (was still giving interviews and such), which was solid enough, but 2B fell off a cliff without her.

• Love 3

Legends of Tomorrow's summary didn't mention Amaya/Maisie Richardson-Sellers and they have already confirmed on twitter that she's still a regular for season 3. So just because Flo isn't in this summary doesn't mean that she can't be a regular in season 3. 

22 hours ago, LolaRuns said:

Legends of Tomorrow's summary didn't mention Amaya/Maisie Richardson-Sellers and they have already confirmed on twitter that she's still a regular for season 3. So just because Flo isn't in this summary doesn't mean that she can't be a regular in season 3. 

Let's not forget when the original casting came out Maggie was listed as a recurring character and Lena a regular. They can make a mistake. 

http://tvline.com/2017/05/24/will-and-grace-series-finale-revival-estranged-children-spoilers/

Question: The Legion ring was shown in the fortress in Kevin Smith’s Supergirl episode. When will see it used in action? —Jen

Ausiello: When we delivered your Q to Supergirl star Melissa Benoist, she answered, “The Legion Ring, I believe, is on its way — but I don’t know exactly when.”

Question: Is it safe to assume that Cat Grant is back full time for Season 3 of Supergirl? She looked pretty cozy in her old office. —Kellen

Ausiello: It is not safe to assume that. Despite the fact that Flockhart was listed among the series regulars in Supergirl‘s official Season 3 press release, I’m told she will not rejoin the full-time ranks. But if the scheduling can be worked out, you can count on her putting in a handful of guest appearances, as she did in Season 2.
BONUS SCOOP: Casting for Season 3 villain Reign is underway and rumor has it the Big Bad will have a major presence in Season 3 (i.e. appearing in possibly a dozen episodes).

(edited)
21 hours ago, tofutan said:

I know that this also happens in the comics, but "oh, yet another person escaped Krypton" really cheapens the whole "last of my kind" thing. 

That was actually the reason that the 1986 reboot of Superman went out of its way to completely rewrite history so that Superman, and ONLY Superman, was Kryptonian.  It was felt that even just having Supergirl and Krypto around, much less Supergirl's biological parents, the entire population of the lost Kryptonian city of Kandor, the Phantom Zone villains, and Beppo the Super-Monkey, took away from Superman's origin as the last surviving Kryptonian, so all of those characters were simply eliminated (Supergirl herself died in the Crisis on Infinite Earths, and when she was re-introduced post-reboot, not only was she not Kryptonian or even Superman's cousin, but she wasn't even from this universe -- she was an artificial life-form created by an alternate version of Lex Luthor, and she had powers that were very, very different from Superman's).

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
(edited)

Of course, they eventually undid that and had the Kryptonian Supergirl arrive on earth post-Crisis (which was really confusing since the artificial Supergirl had changed over time to incorporate elements of her predecessor's look, powers, and secret identity), as well as Kandor and a number of Kryptonian villains.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 1

As much as I hated the storyline, at least on Smallville, all those Kandorians that Tess "released" were clones, and only Clark and Kara were the surviving Kryptonians. Yep, Zor-El, Zod, Lara, Faora...CLONES!  Though Clone Zod ruler and Master of the Phantom Zone was uberly HAWT.??

???

4 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Apparently Floriana Lima will not be a regular next season, because the actress is "looking to pursue other opportunities".   Sounds to me like Sanvers is not going to get a happy ending.

Supergirl: Floriana Lima Steps Down as Series Regular, Will Recur in Season 3

So, it sounds like Maggie's getting killed off or sent away at some point, which means Alex/Maggie won't have a happy ending. It's pretty much what I predicted, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't suck. I do wonder if the actress is really looking for other opportunities, or if it's one of those BS, press-written answers. It does imply that she wasn't satisfied with the direction of her character, which I agree with. As a series regular, Floriana was given very little to do as Maggie overall. Besides a few scenes here and there solely about her character, she was mostly there as a plot device. I really wanted more when it came to Maggie, as well. Hopefully, she either gets a decent send off or they work something out with Floriana that'll allow Maggie to stick around, even if it means less episodes. 

If they kill her off, I'm going to be furious.

If the actress wants to leave (which isn't necessarily the case at this point, since she'll still be recurring), there are ways to do it that don't involve killing her. If she just wants to cut down on her screentime, they can have Maggie and Alex be happy offscreen. We don't need to see it in every episode.

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, secnarf said:

If they kill her off, I'm going to be furious.

If the actress wants to leave (which isn't necessarily the case at this point, since she'll still be recurring), there are ways to do it that don't involve killing her. If she just wants to cut down on her screentime, they can have Maggie and Alex be happy offscreen. We don't need to see it in every episode.

The CW had to deal with a lot of complaints last year when they killed a character part of a popular lesbian ship on the 100 so I think Maggie is safe.

It's understanding that Floriana Lima wants to find something more interesting to do, Maggie's main job on the show is to be Alex's girlfriend who herself isn't the main character. So even if Maggie joined the DEO or something like that her role would always be limited.

Now the writers are left with a difficult choice, either they break up Alex and Maggie and take the risk to anger the shippers or they keep them together mostly off screen and don't know if Floriana will be available when they need her which could be detrimental to Alex's story.