Type keyword(s) to search

She's Superman's Cousin!: And Other Supergirl Spoilers

• Start Topic

Yes, I also think it's the episode after that. The next one is the episode with the parents being revealed. At the end of it Musicmeister whammies Kara. Mon-El, J'onn and Kara jump into Flash's world. Then the Flash crossover takes place while the next Supergirl has the episode that is Alex focused. 

Maybe after the Musicmeister whammies Kara he is the one who opens a portal and J'onn and Mon-El are the ones who jump in right after him, so it's more "they were first on the ball" rather than "the DEO planned and expedition to Flashworld and J'onn and Mon-El were chosen to go"? 

Edited by tofutan

You would think, but Kreisberg in an interview quoted on the previous page said that it was 16. Unless the person doing the interview (or Kreisberg!) got the numbering confused, which I suppose is always possible.

Edited by stealinghome

I think the Alex heavy episode is 2x19 because 2x16 and 2x17 are about the Daxam plot and 2x18 was the one with Jack Spheere, so the big Alex episode had to be 2x15. I do think they could have added Chyler to the musical if they wanted, they just chose not to.

Ha! Sad but true that the writers aren't good with numbers (and are also lazy af about them).

looking at the pictures, I notice that Kevin Sorbo is listed as Lar Gand. So is Mon-El really Lar Gand II or are they making his real name actually Mon-El? If so, I want to know why Lar Gand and Rhea gave their kid a pretty Kryptonian name when they hate Kryptonians....

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 4

Hmm, that could be, that the heavy episode was Exodus. But that would make me quite sad, since I found that episode really strong from an Alex and Alex/Kara and Maggie/Kara POV and I was looking forward to another episode like this.

I do think that if Kara was otherwise occupied, shooting for Flash, that Alex really is the only character who could carry an episode other than her is a believable argument. There is also the fact that in the end: this is a Flash episode, so the focus is probably on what they need and not just what would be cool for the Supergirl cast. 

17 has a Daxam plot, but it also has Maggie and Alex running into Maggie's ex. It's also where there is a bounty on Kara's head, so maybe it's possible that Alex tries to tell Kara to stay put (maybe Kara is still weakened from the whole Musicmeister deal in some way) and keep her head done while Alex tries to handle things? And they could spruce it up with a lot of intrigue with the Lynda Carter president who gives Hank this order (btw: I really wonder whether the Terri Hatcher's queen might interact with Lynda Carter's president, maybe she thinks that as a queen obviously she should be interacting with the president directly)

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 0:18 AM, tofutan said:

The focus is probably on what they need and not just what would be cool for the Supergirl cast. 

Candice Patton (Iris) has said in an interview in Variety that in the Duets Flash episode she plays a different character in the alternate reality called Millie who is madly in love with another character called Tommy who is played by Chris Wood (Mon-El). They belong to different gangster families so they are star crossed lovers.

So both Barry and Kara will be watching people looking like their love interests madly in love with each other. That would be fun.

I have also seen in Tumblr rumours of Katie McGrath filming with Teri Hatcher, but I don't know if these are reliable.

Edited by emarasmoak

Teri Hatcher is definitely back filming based on her Twitter account. Kreisberg said she'll end the season as the big bad so I wonder how that will tie in with Cadmus. 

I wonder if she'll agree to help Cadmus expel (or exterminate) all aliens from Earth as long as she gets to take her son with her when she leaves. That kind of deal would make sense to me--I doubt the royal Daxamites give one shit about the rest of Earth's aliens, so I can see them being willing to help Cadmus get the rest of Earth's aliens out of the way if they will be given Mon-El in the bargain.

• Love 1

Since Sorbo said that he was doing a 3 season arc, I presume that means that he will die while the queen lives? 

I don't think that a deal with Mon-El as the bargaining chip would make too much sense, if we presume that the main obstacle is that Mon-El doesn't want to leave. 

1.) It's not like Cadmus can likely do much about Mon-El emotionally not wanting to leave

2.) If it is just about physically getting him to leave with brute force there is no reason why it couldn't be done earlier

IMO it would make much more sense if Cadmus and Rhea bonded simple out of pure hatred for Supergirl (presuming that Kara is the reason why Mon-El doesn't want to leave, and again, maybe Lar Gand dies). Both of them have something to offer each other, the Queen probably has some brute strength and she could just behave like a psycho to reinforce Cadmus' message that aliens are dangerous. And the Daxamites probably would be interested in some of the tech and knowledge Cadmus has (Cadmus could offer the queen the tech so the queen can leave and take over some other planet after Supergirl is defeated. Or they could just argue that the Queen is new to this planet and she needs information from the locals if she wants to defeat Supergirl). 

Maybe they will bring back the comic book concept of the Daxamites being Xenophobic, so they and Cadmus might even share the same ideology that different races shouldn't live together and everybody should stay "pure" on their own planet. 

I find it odd that Mon-El/Chris Wood isn't being mentioned or seen in the promotion of the crossover. (Hank/J'onn/Harewood isn't being mentioned either, but his role doesn't seem to be as big as Wood's.) He's in some promo photos, but that's about it. He's supposed to be in the dream world too, but we haven't seen or heard anyone talk about that. It could just be them wanting to keep some surprises, but I thought at least a photo of him in the musical part would be out.

5 hours ago, Trini said:

I find it odd that Mon-El/Chris Wood isn't being mentioned or seen in the promotion of the crossover. (Hank/J'onn/Harewood isn't being mentioned either, but his role doesn't seem to be as big as Wood's.) He's in some promo photos, but that's about it. He's supposed to be in the dream world too, but we haven't seen or heard anyone talk about that. It could just be them wanting to keep some surprises, but I thought at least a photo of him in the musical part would be out.

On 7 February Leanne Aguilera tweeted a selfie with Chris Wood dressed with what I think are his Tommy's clothes as they were old-fashioned. I find them similar to Cisco's clothes in the alternate reality.

On 16 March (yesterday) she tweeted that today Friday she would post a "Karamel video + article with Chris & Melissa on set" which was "going to be pretty damn sweet". She may have interviewed them when she visited the set during the filming of the musical crossover, so we may get some info about Chris' role today.

She also tweeted a selfie with Jeremy Jordan on alternate reality clothes (I think that that was in February too). I would like to get some info about his role in the musical crossover. I am quite excited about that, as Jeremy is an incredible singer.

https://twitter.com/leanneaguilera

Edited by emarasmoak
better info about sources

In case that you didn't notice it, the stills that were released 2 days ago for the 2x16 episode ("Star Crossed") confirm that Mon-El's parents (the King and Queen of Daxam) are named Lar Gand and Rhea (source below).

My understanding is that in the original version of the comics Lar Gand's was Mon-El real name (he didn't remember his name, so he was named Mon-El because he arrived in Monday and was found by Kal-El).

About Mon-El's not being the real name of the character played by Chris Wood, basically it has been confirmed that it is his name, as the promo for 2x16 had Teri Hatcher saying "All Hail Mon-El, Prince of Daxam".

My speculation is that Mon-El's superhero name will be Valor.

Source: http://www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl...spg216b_0328b/

Picture 4: Supergirl -- "Star-Crossed" Pictured (L-R): Teri Hatcher as Rhea and Kevin Sorbo as Lar Gand.

Edited by emarasmoak

So, I guess if anyone didn't watch The Flash's episode, or anyone who chose not to tune in because they don't watch the show, here's kind of what happened:

Kara forgave Mon-El. They're back together as a couple. The end. Oh, and Cisco/Winn got to meet and sing a lovely portion of a group song together, in Kara and Barry's dream world. 

7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Cisco/Winn got to meet and sing a lovely portion of a group song together

As meh as that crossover was, I am thankful I watched if only to be introduced to Jeremy Jordan's (Winn) singing voice.  I wasn't familiar with him prior to Supergirl (i.e. the lead in Broadway's Newsies) but looking him up on Youtube, wow is he talented.

Edited by Kate213
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Kate213 said:

As meh as that crossover was, I am thankful I watched if only to be introduced to Jeremy Jordan's (Winn) singing voice.  I wasn't familiar with him prior to Supergirl (i.e. the lead in Broadway's Newsies) but looking him up on Youtube, wow is he talented.

I've made everyone I know watch the video of Jeremy singing It's All Coming Back To Me Now. Such a great voice.

• Love 5

Ask Ausiello:

Question: Is the only story for Supergirl‘s James this year the Guardian one? Is there a chance he gets a new love interest? —Daschell

Ausiello: Though he was guarded with details, showrunner Andrew Kreisberg told us at PaleyFest, “There’s a big James episode coming up that we’re starting to shoot this week. It’s, like, the biggest James story we’ve ever done. We’re excited, Mehcad [Brooks] is excited…. It’s going to be great.”

I don't believe you, Kreisberg.

Question: Now that Supergirl‘s Kara has been fired, is there a chance we will get to see her doing freelance journalism? —Natasha

Ausiello: The human job sitch “is a struggle, for sure,” Melissa Benoist acknowledges, “but that’s her calling. So it would not be her story without more journalism.That’s what she wants to do the most with her life, so you’ll see more of that, for sure.” As EP Kreisberg shares, “Kara might not be out of a job as long as people think. You can’t keep a good writer down.”

I wonder if she'll end up working for Lena?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

I just still am not convinced that Kara's "calling" is journalism. If it was, it's hard to believe she would just be chilling and enjoying funemployment.

Show, stop making Kara a genderbent Clark!!!

I still think they should make her a food critic. 

• Love 6

Somebody pointed out that in one pic one can see that Rhea is hiding a Kryptonite dagger behind her back. 

Also, Kevin Smith talked about Supergirl on Fatman on Batman

“The benefit of doing the show is I know what’s happening for now till the end of this season, and I also know what happens next season. And I’m gonna tell you right now, it ****ing makes me cry…Andrew Kreisberg ****ing told me everything And I, like, instantly was rolling tears, it is so ****ing good. He told me some **** that they’re doing which as a DC fan made me just nuts spontaneously in my ****ing pants. But also as somebody who just likes good stories, I was like.. That’s fantastic. Good **** coming up, man” I look forward to ****ing the end of this season on supergirl but the beginning of and all next season, were going places."

Edited by tofutan
  • Love 1

Smith always exaggerates, but I'm curious about what development (that seems like it) changes the structure of the show going into next season. And he said "as a DC fan", so I'm guessing it's based off a Supergirl (but probably Superman) comic story; but I'm not too familiar with those.

EW Spoilerroom

Hi, what’s next for Mon-El and Kara from Supergirl? — Maria
Well, Kara and Mon-El may have reconciled, but there are certainly challenges moving forward considering the Daxamites are slated to become the new big bads. “Isn’t that how things work that just when you get things settled, some wrench has to fall into the gears?” Melissa Benoist says. “The Daxamites pose some problems. Rhea is not necessarily a sweet prospect for a mother-in-law, but it’s really fun to see the way these characters interact.”

I'm still super confused by the Daxamite as villains. It this really going into season 3? For how long have they got Terri Hatcher? I thought they had a arc only this season because Kevin Sorbo said only 3 episodes. 

Edited by tofutan
On ‎25‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 11:06 AM, tofutan said:

EW Spoilerroom

I'm still super confused by the Daxamite as villains. It this really going into season 3? For how long have they got Terri Hatcher? I thought they had a arc only this season because Kevin Sorbo said only 3 episodes. 

Well, HE has been in exactly 3 episodes. She, however...

I have heard rumors of Teri Hatcher being filming with Brenda Strong (Lillian Luthor). No confirmed, no source, sorry.

If they are true we may get a scene with Teri Hatcher and Dean Caine (papa Danvers, currently under Cadmus' control). As a Lois & Clark fan, I really want this to happen.

• Love 1

Well I assume paycheck is paycheck and it's not like they have to do cozy romantic scenes with each other with the particular setup their characters have.

Back in February they at least claimed that they would love to set it up if they can find an excuse.

“We’d love to,” Kreisberg said during a press event.

“There’s a plan — if we can execute the plan,” he added.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/27/supergirl-lois-clark-superman-reunion-dean-cain-teri-hatcher/ 

• Love 1

Episode 2.18 description: http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/03/supergirl-episode-218-ace-reporter-promo.html

“Ace Reporter”

“IZOMBIE’S” RAHUL KOHLI GUEST STARS
– Lena’s (guest star Katie McGarth) ex-boyfriend, Jack Spheer (guest star Rahul Kohli), comes to National City to unveil his big breakthrough in nano-technology, which has the potential to eradicate all diseases. Lena asks Kara to attend Jack’s conference with her for support. When Kara sees Snapper (guest Star Ian Gomez) in attendance she’s inspired to tap back into her reporter skills and questions Jack on his discovery, which ultimately leads to a bigger investigation that puts everyone in danger.

Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Paula Yoo & Caitlin Parrish

(#218). Original airdate 4/24/2017.

Descriptions sometimes don't reflect what the actual episode will be like, but I'm glad it looks like this one is focused on Kara.

• Love 2

There's rumors going around on twitter, based on what set paparazzi have said, that claim that it looks like Queen Rhea and Lillian are trying to hook up Lena and Mon-El (arranged marriage style). 

6 hours ago, tofutan said:

There's rumors going around on twitter, based on what set paparazzi have said, that claim that it looks like Queen Rhea and Lillian are trying to hook up Lena and Mon-El (arranged marriage style). 

Oh, that's sure to end well.

(edited)
1 hour ago, legaleagle53 said:

Oh, that's sure to end well.

Rumors are based in a few semi-cryptical tweets by 2 paparazzis (lemon_buzz and pursuit23) on the 6 April, which indicate that:

-Sanvers will fight crime and Daxamites together in 2x21.

- Maggie & Lillian share a scene in 2x21.

- Rhea and Lena have scenes together and so do Lena and Mon-El (maybe also in 2x21?)

- To a tweet asking if there will be Lena/ Kara scenes in 2x21 the response is: "The Lena/ Mon-El Scenes create a bit of um.....tension? with Kara".

- To a tweet asking or Lena & Mon-El gonna have to save Kara or something the response is "No. Very far from it".

- Lena does not like Mon-El.

- There is a tweet mentioning "a villainous prearranged marriage that was halted before started".

- When asked if the marriage was Mon-El & Lena, the reply included diamond ring icons, celebration icons and champagne icons. People is speculating that this response means yes.

- Cat Grant will be seen again in season 2.

Edited by emarasmoak

I'm hyped about Cat, but I can't picture her fitting into the current setup at all. For all we know it will be just a picture of her, or her showing up giving a news broadcast. Or worst case, she shows up just to get killed :( 

(edited)
56 minutes ago, tofutan said:

I'm hyped about Cat, but I can't picture her fitting into the current setup at all. For all we know it will be just a picture of her, or her showing up giving a news broadcast. Or worst case, she shows up just to get killed :( 

Maybe she gets Kara her job back.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

Scoop from TVLine on 2x19:

What can you share about Supergirl, more specifically Season 2, Episode 19? Anything you can give away about Alex/Maggie/Kara ? —Lisa
As revealed in the synopsis for the episode “Alex” (airing May 1), the titular DEO badass is kidnapped, leading Kara and Maggie to find her — if, that is, they can agree on how to go about doing that. “They both have such strong feelings for Alex, and they’re both strong opinionated women who really are passionate about their work,” Floriana Lima shared with me between takes of filming the episode. “So they’re going to butt heads a little bit.” Adds Melissa Benoist: “They don’t necessarily agree on how to deal with the fact that the person that’s the most important to both of them is missing and in danger.”

GIVE IT TO ME NOW! This episode might be the best of the remaining episodes. Hopefully it won't somehow turn into the Mon-Hell show the way 2x14 did.

And from spoilertv, 2x20:

TVLine has learned that Lonnie Chavis aka Young Randall on NBC’s freshman hit will guest-star on the CW superhero series as Marcus, a young alien boy who bonds with James (played by Mehcad Brooks) after the rugrat’s mother attacks National City.
The episode, titled “City of Lost Children” and airing Monday, May 8, promises to find CatCo’s interim CEO at a crossroads, as he grapples with his extracurricular destiny.
“There’s a lovely moment that I have with Mehcad, about accepting who you are,” shares David Harewood, who plays DEO boss man Hank Henshaw aka “Martian Manhunter” J’onn J’onzz. “James is reluctant to step in and help somebody, and I persuade him, as a hero, that sometimes you have to go against your own instincts and do something that’s right, as opposed to what you think might be right.”

Sigh. I see they still have no idea what to do with James and are just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. I don't watch This Is Us but I hear the child actor is pretty good, so that's something at least!

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

Sigh. I see they still have no idea what to do with James and are just throwing things at the wall to see what sticks. I don't watch This Is Us but I hear the child actor is pretty good, so that's something at least!

Being someone who's quite critical of James' story this season and how much I don't see his purpose on the show, I think the last few episodes have had that overshadowed by my deep hatred for Mon-El becoming front and center in front of all other supporting characters. So having a James-centric episode oddly excites me now. Plus, J'onn/James interactions, the kid actor is quite good, and James now has a story that's not about him being the Guardian (although it does seem to seep into his heroism issue). Since it's been a long time since James had any sort of storyline on the show, I'm all good with them trying this. As long as Mon-El doesn't interfere. 

• Love 4

I agree that a respite from Mon-El sounds absolutely lovely, but I'm afraid that this is a write-off episode for James. I can see it now--"I'm adopting this boy, and he needs stability and a father figure who isn't going to get killed while being a superhero, so I'm giving up being the Guardian and moving back to Metropolis to raise him with the support of my mother and siblings" or some such.

If they are writing him off, it will be an epic loss of storyline potential. I've never loved James as a LI for Kara, but I still say photojournalist James/cub reporter Kara was a HUGE missed opportunity by the show.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, stealinghome said:

General Zod has been cast for the season finale.

Come on. They should have done Ursa. And not that the show needs to follow the movies, but Zod should be already defeated by Superman.

So how soon until Lex shows up? And still no Lois Lane. ::rollseyes::

I still can't for the life of me make sense of the weird arranged marriage plot. I used to think it was a joke but more and more of the twitter insider people are saying it. Why would Rhea want that? Why would Lillian, presuming she is involved? What interest with Lena have? What interest would Rhea even assume Lena would have? What exactly is Rhea's plan to comply with this again? It just reeks of stupid. 

Like, why would Rhea even suggest that? If she doesn't, why would Lillian or Lena ever suggest that? 

Because everything on this show has to revolve around how dreamy Mon-El (allegedly) is, even in an episode that has no business involving him in any way. Didn't you get the memo? ;)

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1