Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Jagged Little Tapestry

Cranberry

A Quinn/Tina duet is something I never knew I needed, but it's my favorite song in recent memory. Wish we could have gotten the whole thing. All the mashups were pretty good.

My criticism of the whole Becky storyline is not that she, as someone with Down Syndrome, shouldn't be enjoying a normal life. It's that Becky has turned into a character who is nothing but rude, insulting, and vulgar. It was so unnecessary. I appreciated that Santana pointed that out. But then she was right back to calling people names and throwing food in a restaurant.

Other awkward scenes: The majority of the Bieste stuff, and trying to make the past three seasons of Klaine seem romantic rather than the terrible relationship it actually is.

• Love 3

This week should have been great because of the focus on the originals but I was bored out of mind for most of it.  Probably because of how much of a retread it was:

• Becky being in every club was funnier and fresher when Rachel was taking pictures with every club or when the newbies 1.0 scattered to different clubs after getting disqualified from sectionals
  • I should have been cheering Santana's rant because I agreed with some of it but that too was "been there done that."  Santana rips someone to shreds using some truths/meta and it did nothing to make me laugh or say you go girl.  Rather I just rolled my eyes at the laziness of the writers going that route yet again
  • The overuse of meta in general.  Hey writers it isn't clever to call out your cruddy writing nor does it give you a pass for it.  Instead of pointing out how contrived it is that everyone close to Sue has Down's you shouldn't have gone there in the first place.  I realize it was part of humanizing Sue but it is lazy storytelling.   This goes double for the Tina meta.  Instead of writing her as a punching bag and then using meta to say you are in the "joke" just write her better.
  • Brittany as the special unicorn who has a way of seeing and explaining  things that gives anyone and everyone insight.  I liked Brittany this episode up until that scene which unfortunately encapsulated everything I disliked about the writing for Brittany over the years.  Not to say her advice wasn't good because it was great.  I just didn't like it was her giving it, 
  • The Down's Syndrome and transgenders PSAs.  The preachiness of this show gotten even more stilted and heavy handed.  Egads Dot was not good in that last scene.  Also Sam being her mentee/confidant just does not work for me. I kept on thinking this should be Puck instead
  • And last but not least the end song was nice but it too felt stale to me even as I think it is great Rachel/Kurt are singing with the kids versus merely watching them sing.  Something I wish they had Shue do more often throughout the years and had Finn do more in season 4.

A few things worked for me in this episode:

• Spencer working to get Beiste fired.  It was a  refreshing change for a football player to be as scheming as Cheerios usually are
  • The Madison/Jane duet.  It reminded me of season 1 glee with 2 people singing for the joy of it.  Their voices sounded great together.  Too bad that they tainted it with the Kurt/Blaine flashbacks that were slanted towards trying to tell us they worked as a couple
  • Quinn/Tina duet
  • The Blaine/Kurt duet at the beginning.  Perfect use of a song and they sounded great together
  • The Rachel/Kurt piano scene where they both admitted they were wrong and agreed to work together going forward (although they are not teachers no matter what they tell themselves).  Is that growth I see for the characters?

Quick question - Kurt said he interrupted their proposal.  Did he?  I thought he ran out afterwards but didn't interrupt it

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

Nothing is more frustrating than the moments like in this episode, where the Brittany/Santana stuff is actually done pretty well.  They've got two actresses with great chemistry, they can sing and dance, respectively, and they can make good material sing, when they get stuff written for them.  So why were the show's writers incapable of supplying this with any consistency?  Brittany, especially, is a character they regularly insisted as writing as an unbelievable moron, instead of a goofball living in her own headspace; when they run with the latter, as here, she's a delightful character (I liked that her response to the marriage proposal was "I would love to", incidentally; I don't often praise the dialogue, but that struck me as such an in-character thing to say).

Also, in the inconsistent world of Santana's career, apparently she wants to go back to university now?

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 6

An ok episode. Favorite part, Santana's read on Kurt. She was mostly right about everything especially the dancing.

Blaine is clearly not anywhere near over Kurt, you don't have all those pics on your phone of someone you'll never forgive. I am guessing Dave has never looked at his phone.

The normal guy dating Becky just seems terribly wrong. Why would a mentally normal man want to be with someone who is so intellectually behind them? Creepy.

And speaking of creepy, the whole Bieste is now thinking she's transgender. Do these idiot writers not remember her saying how she was all woman or something to that effect back in season 2? Of course not, these are the same writers who have Blaine dating his ex's tormentor.

Santana and Britney, whatever.

Think a mash up of You Oughta Know/It's too Late would have been epic!

• Love 2

Kurt didn't technically interrupt the proposal, he did interrupt/cut short the resulting excitement and celebration.  I wish there had been a scene between Kurt and Santana near the end, where they could reconcile properly and Santana could say that she had been pissed that Kurt had ruined her moment.  

I was really convinced at first that Becky's boyfriend was rushing her out to not-quite-fast-food restaurants because he was ashamed or scared of being seen with someone with Down's Syndrome.  And that was the sketchiness that Quinn picked up on.  But nope, he's all good.

Lastly - no You Oughta Know?  Really?

It was a pretty boring episode but one thing that bugged me was Quinn talking about lying to Finn about being the father like it was a silly little lie or exaggeration you tell at the beginning of a relationship and not what it is which is a asshole move. I never really liked Quinn so it was a little too much of her . The songs were Ok (except the Santana brittany one which I thought was terrible ) . I thought the Jane and Mason song was the best. I

Well this episode had another another anvil hammered in. That Sam will become a head coach by the end of the series. Thing is it's not gonna be at Mckinley especially with the final scene and Sue saying that Shannon's job will be waiting for her upon her return. I'm sure Beiste will help Sam secure a head coach job somewhere else, like say in New York suburbs perhaps?

Edited by Hookian

Unless there is a time jump Sam won't become a head coach anywhere considering he would need a college degree to do that and that was the only hint I got towards his future - that he will be attending college at some point. As for location, since he said quite clearly he hated New York and was more of a small town boy i would expect that to be somewhere in the midwest, most likely Lima U.  

Edited by camussie

Wow, they really retconned Beiste for the transgender PCA. She's always felt like that -- since when? Since she was telling Will she was such a girl? 

Becky's SL was so much on the nose.I felt like I was at a lecture how to date a person with Down's, which surely may be needed, but try to make it into a real story, make us believe this guy sees something in her as a person, and not a walking PCA. I too have no idea what this guy sees in her. All I'm left is he maybe likes rude obnoxious no-filter women.

Cutting off Quinn and Tina's duet, the best song in the episode, was the worst of meta. 

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 2

Sam isn't even going to college is he? Doesn't he need, I don't know, a teaching certificate or degree, in order to be a coach?

Not according to this episode. 

Unless there is a time jump Sam won't become a head coach anywhere considering he would need a college degree to do that and that was the only anvil I got - that he will be attending college at some point and since he has said quite clearly he hated New York and was more of a small town boy i would expect that to be somewhere in the midwest, most likely Lima U.  

... This is Glee, if they want to give Sam a head coach job then they will. Especially from word of mouth of a coach such as Beiste that has several National championships under his belt. It could easily happen.

Nothing in the episode said he could become a permanent head coach without a degree.  Fill in (which is ridiculous enough) but they never said he could become one permanently.  By the way I thought it was ridiculous Finn was allowed to fill in for Will  and Kurt/Rachel are allowed to coach Glee now but at least with Glee it is  clear is an after school activity while football has always been written as being a "class" those guys took i.e. it was their PE credit.  Sure Glee could go there but, since they made it clear that if Finn wanted to be a Glee coach as a career he needed to go to school,  I think the only hint we got to Sam's future in this episode is that he will end up in school by series close.  

Edited by camussie

Nothing in the episode said he could become a permanent head coach without a degree.  Fill in (which is ridiculous enough) but they never said he could become one permanently.  

A degree was never even brought up in the episode. If Glee wants him to be a head coach at a school then that's what they'll do. It wouldn't be the most unrealistic thing this show has done.

You guys think this is somehow new for Glee to do this stuff.

• Love 1

It was a pretty mixed bag as an episode, but one thing is becoming really clear to me. That despite all this Daleastreet bullshit they expected us to swallow, Chris is the male lead of Glee. He's getting the screen time, the POV, the focus... maybe not the song performances that he deserves, but he is not being shoved into the background.

Take the whole breakup storyline. The majority of the focus is on Kurt's POV. Now I'll bitch forever that Kurt should put Blaine firmly in his rearview mirror and never look back but that's not how the show is going. But Blaine's POV, why he's with Dave, how he actually feels about Dave... that's getting no focus at all. It's all about Kurt and his emotional struggle because Chris is able to give me the layered and nuanced performances that make it feel sincere. So while the last thing I want to see is Kurt back with Blaine, I'm having fun watching Chris show his acting chops.

The Hummelberry partnership got a bit rocky there because Kurt was going through some real emotional turmoil and Rachel was pulling her usual doing what she thought was best without really listening to the input of others. Rachel has a bad habit of telling people only the positives (just like she only wants to hear the positives about herself and tunes out anyone who disagrees with her) and needs Kurt's more frank appraisal to balance her. If they can keep from killing one another, they can have a good working partnership. Not expecting this to last forever.

The Santana/Brittany scenes are sweet and while Santana bitching out Kurt was way out of line, I can understand why she was so angry. Here is her happiest moment and Kurt was crapping all over it because of his own issues. She went about expressing her anger completely the wrong way (basically giving Kurt the Lima Heights Adjacent version of "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny), but I give Kurt credit for apologizing. Owning up to your own bullshit is never easy and Kurt is wrestling through some very hard, complicated feelings. I liked the scene between him and Brittany because she as really giving him some good advice. Whether or not he and Blaine ever get back together (let me dream...), he can't live in limbo forever. He needs to start moving forward with his life. Now ideally (for me) that would mean getting out of Lima, getting away from Blaine and getting back to NY where he belongs. But I'll take any progress at this point. Let Kurt find himself a local hottie to enjoy, even it doesn't become serious.

I'm so tired of Becky eating up screen time. She was good at first, but now she's just obnoxious. I'd rather spend time on the new noobs than Becky. And I'm totally shipping Jane and Madison.

Yeah... there's no justifying the Bieste storyline. This really came out of nowhere, but I give Dot major props for selling it.

Nine more episodes of hell to endure.

• Love 2

Why was Sam sniffing jockstraps?

My reaction to the Bieste storyline was, "Well, so we're forgetting that Unique ever happened, right? Okay."

Highlight was Madison and Jane's duet. Jane is great. I really, really wish they had gotten her in the Newbies 1.0 group.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 3

I liked Brittany's advice to Kurt.  I just wish it was someone else who gave it because it was a retread of Brittany the special unicorn writing.  These writers are in such a creative rut,  

As for Dot I thought she was really good up until that last scene.   She sold Beiste's short fuse and conflict over her secret throughout the episode but when it came time for the big reveal it just didn't work for me.  

Edited by camussie

Yeah, it was bad enough Sam was sniffing jockstraps, but then we see he was doing it while other guys were in the locker-room.  It also looks like next week Sam has gone back to dyeing his hair back to blonde after it's been dark the past few episodes.

I liked the mash-up songs, but I was pissed we didn't get to hear the female cheerleader sing b/c I really liked her voice from last week and I wanted to hear more of it.  Maybe next week I guess.

I too thought it was glaringly obvious that Sam doesn't have the degree to be able to be a high school football coach, I mean what happens when it's basketball or baseball season...is he an assistant coach for those sports as well?

It was weird hearing Quinn mention Finn's name b/c I thought only Rachel was allowed to speak it from hear on out.  I know this will sound strange but it still doesn't feel real to me that Cory is really no longer with us, not that I was really affected by his death or anything, it just feels weird for some reason.  

So that was boring. Which I guess is better then being bad? It's just unfortunate, because here you have a limited number of episodes, to wrap up 6 years of stories and this is what they came up with for one of their entries? 

I liked Jane and the cheerleader guy's song. Of course any song Tina is singing in would be cut off. Of course. But from what we heard she and Quinn sounded great together.

The Becky stuff. They have just handled that character so poorly. Every time she was on screen I kept cringing. They have just made her character so unpleasant, which I think, they want us to think is edgy an daring, but is really just awful. I actually thought they had some valid questions/concerns about the dating situation, but a) it wasn't their place. That is something I would expect her parents to talk to her about and b) they handled it in the most offensive way possible. They did bit better 20 years ago on "Life Goes On" with Corky. (yes I am old) 

I know I was supposed to get all the feels with the Brittany/Santana stuff, yet.....no. It just felt very over the top and treacly and honestly made me roll my eyes. I just don't think they are good together. I think their relationship served its purpose in high school in getting Santana to accept and come to terms with her sexuality and I think the relationship helped her see that yes, she can form close attachments. But the Santana we know would have grown out of that relationship as soon as graduation hit and not looked back.  And I can't get over Brittany not being a good person. I'm ok with Santana not being a nice person, because she owns it. But the show keeps trying to tell me Brittany is awesome-sauce, and I'm just not here for it. 

The Beistie story line basically undid any bit of character development they did for that character. when they first introduced her they actually tried to make a point about people making assumption about a person based on how they look. And how hard that was for her because she was woman and people didn't always treat her like one. Nowhere did they portray any discomfort she had with being a woman. It was, I thought  good story about how women and people don't have to conform to what society says they must. Now it was all just a lie and she secretly really wanted to be a man? Not that, that is not a worthy story, it just isn't the story that was originally laid out for the character.

Lastly I just have to speak up for the disrespect I think this show is showing educators. When Rachel and Kurt looked at each other in the choir room and said, "I guess we really are teachers." I wanted to yell at the TV screen, "No! No you are not teachers!" Teachers have degrees. They have been trained. The fact that this shoe claims to be about supporting arts education and then turns around and suggests anybody who wants to, can waltz in a school and call themselves a teacher, is insulting to the profession. Even if all they were doing is advising an extracurricular club, schools are still VERY, careful about who they let do that. Not just anybody gets to have access to kids. I know it's Glee. But it is just laughable how shabbily they portray the teaching profession. 

And Sam's new dream/wish is to be a high school football coach? Seriously? Since when? And he has even less schooling than Rachel and Kurt. He hasn't even sniffed a college from what I can see. And yes athletic coaches in high schools do have to have to degrees as well. They teach classes like health or drivers ed or P.E. Our basketball coach in high school was my Geometry teacher. Anyway, I'm one that actually doesn't mind/borderline likes Sam and I am just not buying whatever it is they are trying to sell me.

• Love 10

Yeah, it was bad enough Sam was sniffing jockstraps, but then we see he was doing it while other guys were in the locker-room. It also looks like next week Sam has gone back to

dyeing his hair back to blonde after it's been

dark the past few episodes.

I liked the mash-up songs, but I was pissed we didn't get to hear the female cheerleader sing b/c I really liked her voice from last week and I wanted to hear more of it. Maybe next week I

guess.

I too thought it was glaringly obvious that Sam doesn't have the degree to be able to be a high school football coach, I mean what happens when it's basketball or baseball season...is he

an assistant coach for those sports as well?

It was weird hearing Quinn mention Finn's name b/c I thought only Rachel was allowed to speak it from hear on out. I know this will sound strange but it still doesn't feel real to me that

Cory is really no longer with us, not that I was

really affected by his death or anything, it just

feels weird for some reason.

Will mentioned Finn last week.

Will mentioned Finn last week.

And City of angels mentions him several times. Will mentions Finn again in 100.    Kurt has also mentioned him since the Quarterback.

And lets not forget Daniel FINN Schuster.  I think Will may have mentioned him more than Rachel tbh.

Edited by tom87

Yeah, it was bad enough Sam was sniffing jockstraps, but then we see he was doing it while other guys were in the locker-room.  It also looks like next week Sam has gone back to dyeing his hair back to blonde after it's been dark the past few episodes.

He's definitely still has brown hair.

Quinn saying, "We'll do anything to help you, Becky" was SUCH a WTF moment for me.  If Becky were PLEASANT, or at least not constantly offensive, it would be one thing, but why on earth would anyone want to help Becky?  Plus, why would QUINN AND TINA want to help her?  Santana (co-captain of Cheerios) and Brittany had actual relationships with her.  The PSA may have been on point, but Becky has been so unlikable.  I thought it was a complete waste of Quinn and Tina, though it got us the duet, which of course they cut short.  (Hey, it's full length on iTunes)

I mostly enjoy Santana's rants, but thought tonight's against Kurt actually ran too long.  Like, my attention wandered.  (I wonder if Demian from TWOP is still watching Glee?  I'm guessing he enjoyed that rant immensely)  

Also, I guess Mark Salling's just there to cash a check.  One line?

• Love 2

So another Rachel personality change.  Rachel the one who called the club out for not pulling their own weight and Finn share that   "You’re our leader, Rachel. The way you’re on everyone all the time is annoying, but it’s also what keeps the club motivated."

But to sum up this episode in a nut shell, 3 little words.

Too much Becky.

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

I’m not going to give Santana’s rant any more consideration that this - she was extremely angry with Kurt. Kurt just crapped on what was the happiest moment of her life because of his own issues. He was wrong there and I’m glad that he owned up to it an apologized.

Santana lashed out in a really ugly way that had no justification. She had a right to be angry with Kurt and to tell him off. But she just ridiculing everything that Kurt is sensitive about and that was totally uncalled for. There as nothing she said that had a remote connection with reality. She was just looking to hurt him. It’s vastly different from her rant at Rachel when they were fighting because she was telling the truth of how Rachel treated others. Here she was just ripping into Kurt to deliberately hurt him.

As gratifying as the scene between Kurt and Brittany was, I would liked to have seen Kurt and Santana have a scene together so they could hash out their issues. Santana deserved an apology for raining on her happy moment, but Kurt also deserved an apology for her lashing into him the way she did.

• Love 2

That is one change I get right now.  Rachel has been humbled because of her flame-out on TV and being persona non grata on Broadway so I would think she wouldn't be all that confident in telling other performers what they need to improve.  Even kids 3 or 4 years younger than her.  I would also expect that to turnaround as the season goes on and she starts building her confidence back.  I dislike this return to Lima because I am tired of Lima but I get why a person in Rachel's position would come back with their confidence trashed.  I just need to see her progress from that point as she sets her spine back towards a BW career  and I think she will.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

That is one change I get right now.  Rachel has been humbled because of her flame-out on TV and being persona non grata on Broadway so I would think she wouldn't be all that confident in telling other performers what they need to improve.  Even kids 3 or 4 years younger than her.  I would also expect that to turnaround as the season goes on and she starts building her confidence back.  I dislike this return to Lima because I am tired of Lima but I get why a person in Rachel's position would come back with their confidence trashed.  I just need to see her progress from that point as she sets her spine back towards a BW career  and I think she will.

It was a change for a plot point again.    They needed in end to let Kurt be right  and pretend they balance each other out.

• Love 1

It’s completely unrealistic that a sweet guy like Daryl would be interested in Becky. Not because she has Down Syndrome…but because she’s a raging bitch with no readily apparent redeeming qualities.

I love me some Alanis, so I was happy with the music.

I can’t even muster up the energy to care about the Beiste storyline. It’s just that dumb and out of absolutely nowhere.

Mason and Jane are adorable. The actors, I mean. So dorky and cute and excited. I like their reaction shots.

I have rarely loved Santana more than I did during her rant about how awful Kurt was. Especially her line about his smile looking like he’d just removed his top dentures. A thought I confess to having every time Kurt is on-screen. And she was great in telling Becky the hard truth. Man, I’m going to miss Santana.

Lea Michele must be bribing her hairdresser, makeup person, and wardrobe person. Girl looks great.

• Love 8

As gratifying as the scene between Kurt and Brittany was, I would liked to have seen Kurt and Santana have a scene together so they could hash out their issues. Santana deserved an apology for raining on her happy moment, but Kurt also deserved an apology for her lashing into him the way she did.

Glee never provides those scenes.  Santana smiling and half-hugging Kurt at the beginning of the final song is Glee-speak for 'they had a thoughtful and adult conversation and worked everything out.'

I think the part that got the most laughs out of me was after Kurt told Jane and Mason they could've done better, Madison is motioning to Mason to sit up with his shoulders back and sit straight up. Heh.

It also kind of reminded me of that random time in season 1 when Mercedes is mad at Rachel for something, and she motions at Matt like "I'm gonna kill this bitch" and he's in the stands like "I don't know what to do!"

Edited by Craphole Island
  • Love 1
It was a change for a plot point again.    They needed in end to let Kurt be right  and pretend they balance each other out.

It may have been but it also works very well within Rachel's overall story right now.  She is at a professional low point.  Doubting herself and the decisions she made over the past 6 months.  Given that I would also expect her to be more reserved with criticism and wary about getting back out there and trying again.  The good news is they have already telegraphed that she won't remain in this place as she clearly stated  she wants to try her hand at Broadway again,  She just needs to lick her wounds (many self-inflicted) and set her spine to do it. I wouldn't expect that to be an overnight process or one that happens without some support along the way but it seems it  will happen.

Edited by camussie
I have rarely loved Santana more than I did during her rant about how awful Kurt was. Especially her line about his smile looking like he’d just removed his top dentures.

LMAO.   The episode was worth it for that alone.   That and as you said later in your post.   Rachel's wardrobe and hair has been AMAZINGLY on-point.   

• Love 1

The Santana rant was way out of line. Not because she didn't have a justifiable reason to be angry at Kurt but because there was absolutely nothing she said that had anything to do with what she was upset about. Instead of just focusing on him transposing his own issues on her and Brittany, it became about how Kurt dressed and sang and danced. And in case Santana forgot, Kurt was the one who dumped Blaine for being a clingy creep who didn't respect boundaries and couldn't read the very clear Not Happy signals that Kurt was giving off. Santana was way off point and really hateful. I can't shake the feeling that the writing (courtesy of Brad Falchuk - the asshole) was aimed more at Chris than Kurt for not being all rah rah over this last season and just trying to be a professional and get through it. He went after Chris's appearance, his fondness for old folk (represented in the episode that Chris wrote), his twirling abilities (which they liked to feature on the show)... so much of it didn't seem to be about Kurt at all.

I'm sure those that hate Kurt found it very enjoyable to see him abused since Glee does nothing better than break out the effemiphobic bullshit when they can't think of something clever to say. Mocking Kurt/Chris over his teeth was so petty and childish that I wouldn't blame Chris at all for checking out for the rest of the season.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 4
I have rarely loved Santana more than I did during her rant about how awful Kurt was. Especially her line about his smile looking like he’d just removed his top dentures.

What killed me was the comment about the shoulder shimmy. At least Kurt's smile resulted in this awesome gif that will haunt the Internet (and my dreams) forever, but nothing good has ever come from that damn shoulder shimmy. 

But yes, the rant did go on a bit too long, IMO. 

ETA: Rachel's facial expressions during the rant were the clincher. 

Edited by galax-arena
  • Love 3

Yeah the rant did mostly gloss over the  more important things like Kurt sometimes being self righteous and judgmental and how he shouldn't  project his failings and his relationship  on  to Brittana.

But sadly nearly everyone has had their appearance made fun of even after some of  the actors (such as Lea and Amber) said they were over it. 

Edited by tom87
  • Love 1

I think back to Santana lashing out at Rachel in the choir room last season and except for one remark about her appearance, she kept her venting to the precise reasons that she was angry at Rachel. This time Kurt's teeth, the shape of his mouth, how he dances, how he dresses, his sai twirling, his sex appeal... all that was brought into play. It wasn't at all clever or funny. It was really ugly and without having a scene here they could apologize to one another for crossing the line, that gets left as the big indelible moment on their interactions. There was nothing to soften it's impact so I can go "well, they're still friends" beyond a quick touch during the last song. That doesn't cut it. It just went too far. This was well beyond the humorous insults that Santana regularly dishes out.

Kurt was wrong, but he was speaking from his own experiences. Santana had every right to reject what Kurt was saying since she and Brittany are a completely different couple. Where she went wrong was making it so personal and toxic and making it seem like Kurt is solely responsible for all the problems that existed between him and Blaine. I have no idea what the writers were really aiming for because they are all such incompetent hacks, but that was how it appeared to me. That even to someone that considers herself normally to be Kurt's friends, Kurt is the unattractive and undesirable one who tossed away a perfectly good man. So what if he made Kurt miserable or cheated on him. Why should Kurt expect any better? As far as Santana is concerned, he deserves to be alone.

I would have happily sacrificed five minutes of the obnoxious Becky storyline to give these two a scene where they could have resolved this properly. If Kurt could apologize multiple times during the episode for letting his personal issues cloud his judgment, then he certainly deserves one after that abusive rant.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 3

I agree it was hella boring.

And I guess I'm just over Santana  because I had to stifle a few yawns in her rant.  I don't know why Kurt  didn't just walk away, but she is surprisingly easy to tune out.  If they needed to have Kurt object, he should have brought up how Brittany had already been "married" (or thought she was...) to Sam.  Just saying.

Speaking of Sam,

Anyway, I'm one that actually doesn't mind/borderline likes Sam and I am just not buying whatever it is they are trying to sell me.

For me, I think part of this I'm sure he had given up football during his endless senior year.  I know Jake and Ryder were on the team, but it was pretty clear Sam wasn't.   He turned his interests completely toward Glee Club and Blaine, probably not in that order.  I know it's just more character inconsistency, but still I totally agree it would have been such a better plot for Puck and would have given him something to do.  Sam and Bieste don't have the chemistry that she does with Puck.   I also thought it was weird that Sam wasn't included in the Glee Club stuff this week.

For all the tiresome Klaine drama that I wish we could just fastforward  through at lightening speed, I did like "It's Too Late."   But then I've always loved Carole King, and it wasn't a mashup.  Nothing against Alanis, but Carole should be celebrated on her own IMO. 

And even with bad writing, I find it very hard to swallow that nobody, Kurt or anyone else, has brought up how CREE PEE it is for Blaine to be with Dave.   I was waiting for Brittany to say it.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 2

http://education-portal.com/articles/How_to_Become_a_Football_Coach_Education_and_Career_Roadmap.html

Sam wouldn't be hired as head football coach of a suburban high school with a fairly competitive program becaue he never played college ball, not because he doesn't have a college degree. Also, he has never been an assistant coach, has never attended widely-held coaching clinics, and knows about as much about football strategies ("x's and o's", in the jargon of the sport) as Cassandra knows about ballet. And he's a verrrrry slow learner who irons jock straps.

After S1, Lea was on an Emmy panel of leading TV ladies. (It's on YouTube. She exhibits a persona almost unrecognizable from her talk show appearances.) When asked if she ever had to deal with misconceptions that male writers had about women, she replied that when they wanted Rachel to say she was wearing a training bra, she objected strongly on the grounds that that was "about me". By the same token, they had no business using Santana to attack Chris's physical appearance. (I will not go into details, but it was much worse than it appears on the surface, and much worse than has ever been done to any other actor/actress on the show.)

Edited by Higgs

My nephew plays football in high school and his coach, besides his training and knowledge about the game itself, has a degree in sports medicine because football is a fucking dangerous sport and kids can be easily hurt. An incompetent coach that doesn't know how to teach the players proper skills (like how to tackle in a way that the don't snap their own necks in the process), or basic safety procedures (like signs of injuries, concussions, heat exhaustion, etc) is going to et someone severely injured or killed. There is no way in hell that Sam would be allowed to oversee practices or stand in for Bieste.

Then again, this is the show that has one conservatory drop out and career trasher pay to lead a show choir and another conservatory wash out get a paying position at an exclusive prep school to lead their choir. If they told me that Becky was being hired as the new calculus teacher, it would make just as much sense.

I get it Glee.  We should be tolerant of all people, all the time.  Even ones that constantly call us bitches and sluts.

Fuck this show for making Bieste transgender after all we've gone through with her.  It makes NO sense.  I did, at least, like seeing Sue remember that they are friends (and her calling her Shannon).  There are very few times when I can stand Sue.

Maybe it's just me, but this season, I really just want to hear the newbies sing.  I'm so over the originals, and their tired storylines.  I was so annoyed that I had to watch a Klaine montage when the best song of the night was going on.  Speaking of originals, why is Puck there again?  Is his Air Force base right outside of town?  Does he run to the glee club room on his breaks in full uniform to just sit there?  Ugh, this show.

• Love 4

http://education-portal.com/articles/How_to_Become_a_Football_Coach_Education_and_Career_Roadmap.html

Sam wouldn't be hired as head football coach of a suburban high school with a fairly competitive program becaue he never played college ball, not because he doesn't have a college degree. Also, he has never been an assistant coach, has never attended widely-held coaching clinics, and knows about as much about football strategies ("x's and o's", in the jargon of the sport) as Cassandra knows about ballet. And he's a verrrrry slow learner who irons jock straps.

He's an assistant coach right now...

My nephew plays football in high school and his coach, besides his training and knowledge about the game itself, has a degree in sports medicine because football is a fucking dangerous sport and kids can be easily hurt. An incompetent coach that doesn't know how to teach the players proper skills (like how to tackle in a way that the don't snap their own necks in the process), or basic safety procedures (like signs of injuries, concussions, heat exhaustion, etc) is going to et someone severely injured or killed. There is no way in hell that Sam would be allowed to oversee practices or stand in for Bieste

That's actually pretty rare.  The high school football coach thing is one of the few things Glee doesn't get wrong actually.  You do not need a college degree to be a high school athletic coach.  I can guarantee this.  I played 4 years of varsity sports in high school, the only coaches I had that had college degrees were also teachers.  I had several coaches that hadn't finished college/dropped out, etc.  Two of my coaches were actually former semi-pro athletes.  However, you can't really make a living as just a coach unless you're in a majorly good program cause most get paid next to nothing.  McKinley isn't a powerhouse football school in Glee so Sam could be the coach if he actually had experience and a decent intellect.  Sam wouldn't get the head coaching job because he's an idiot that sniffs jock straps.  I can't believe someone like that could draft up plays.

Gawd.  Way too much Becky.  That was awful.

Also, Kurt was a giant ass and he was rightly called out by Santana, but they should have cut that rant in half at least.  That went on way too long.  And, wtf Kurt?  You weren't even paying attention to Mason/Jane.  You were off in LALA land thinking about Blaine.  Kurt and Rachel both needed to stop cutting each other off and undermining each other, but Kurt was not being a good teacher in that moment.  He spent all episode projecting his crap about Blaine onto others and it just made everything uncomfortable. That plot just didn't really work for me, plus it was annoying to watch flashbacks of Blaine/Kurt.

• Love 3

God I hate everyone but the noobs but only because they haven't had that much toxic screen time as of yet.

Kurt was insufferable

Santana was the nicest I remember her being this episode minus the vitriolic rant aimed at Kurt. Only half of it felt like legitimite criticisms and the rest was just meanness about his looks which while I hate Kurt a lot seemed like overkill.

Kurt noone asked your opinion about Britney and Santana, keep your mouth shut. You and Blaine have your own issues such as Blaine being OCD about towels and his weight and being insecure and all his other many issues.

Becky is toxic and has no redeeming qualities as far as I can see. I don't know why any of them bothered to help her and I wouldn't tolerate her existence around me for 5 minutes.

It seemed weird that they were talking about the road to Sectionals when they still require 8 more members just to participate which means they have 10 episodes to recruit those members and get them to harmonise with the rest of the noobs.

Edited by wayne67
  • Love 2