Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Was that dances name “Cow in heat” ?

I think its called "cry for Help" from the classic ballet "How to Embarrass yourself And your Friends and Family in under 60 seconds" 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Irate Panda said:

I swear Todd secretly (or not so secretly hates her) don’t get me wrong I think he hangs around and talks shit with her and pumps her big head up and then immediately runs to the next person to tell them how delusional and pathetic Big Whit is.  I dont know what happened to Twitney but it sure the hell isnt PCOS. She’s a complete mess at everything. I mean your mother has to shave your legs, your fiend has to tie your shoes, you get an award because you lift your leg 3 inches off the ground.  I think there’s some real schadenfreude with these high school friends of her.  I mean unless Glenn was paying these people  (which maybe he could considering he could afford 27 math tutors) to go on trips with her or hang out I can’t imagine most people wanting to do so before the show (and barely after having the show).  Again, not because of her weight, but because she’s an asshole.  You can’t tell me Todd wasn’t full of glee at Whitney’s tragic back roll. I bet he re-enacted for his family and friends when he got home.

I love that word! I studied German and no one ever told me about that one.

Anyway, I always wonder if Whitney was the Regina George of her HS. She had friends, but maybe they were social barnacles even back then. As for everyone else, they're probably laughing at how she makes a fool of herself on television (all the while thinking she's "fabulous"). As for Todd, Whitney and Todd have been friends a long time--I wonder if he's finally tired of playing sidekick to her. I feel like he's her Gretchen Wieners. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, TurtlePower said:

Anyway, I always wonder if Whitney was the Regina George of her HS. She had friends, but maybe they were social barnacles even back then.

I would not be at all surprised to find out that Whitney had made fun of fat girls in high school, then she became one and now has some deluded sense of guilt about it that drives her No Body Shame Campaign, because she is such an awful person that she knows EXACTLY how awful other people can be and heads them off at the pass by telling them to stop "body shaming" people. It's like how a guy who cheats on his wife will constantly accuse his WIFE of cheating on HIM, combined with this weird self-hatred about her own behavior in high school.

• Love 15
1 minute ago, ClareWalks said:

I would not be at all surprised to find out that Whitney had made fun of fat girls in high school, then she became one and now has some deluded sense of guilt about it that drives her No Body Shame Campaign, because she is such an awful person that she knows EXACTLY how awful other people can be and heads them off at the pass by telling them to stop "body shaming" people. It's like how a guy who cheats on his wife will constantly accuse his WIFE of cheating on HIM, combined with this weird self-hatred about her own behavior in high school.

It would be fun to hear from former classmates of hers--who were not friends but just classmates--as to what kind of person she was. From my experience, the Whitney-types barnacle together forever because everyone else hates them. They can't make/keep new friends, so they cling to one another because that's all they've got (sound familiar?). Even at HS reunions, they continue to huddle together and act like people care about them. Well, we don't. The rest of us are trying to catch up with our old classmates and have a good time as grown-ass, non-petty adults. 

I feel like this is Whitney.

• Love 10

A couple of days ago, someone -- maybe @Irate Panda? -- asked what the MBFFL filming schedule was.

I just saw a fan post saying he'd seen Twit in the Honolulu airport in Aug, so that means the Hawaiian vacay was July-August-ish.

And Twit was looking for the solar eclipse of Aug 21 in Greensboro with 2 of the production crew, so we know she was still filming thru Aug 2017.

• Love 4
On 2018-02-09 at 7:56 PM, the-grey-lady said:

Obligatory disclaimer: I am quite possibly the world's least graceful person. I consider each day a success if it didn't involve falling down. I hate to dance, which works out well considering how terrible I am at actually doing it.

With that said, that video was awful. And the audience reactions made me cover my eyes.

I love to dance but I am absolutely terrible at it.  After seeing Whit professionally dance it gives me hope that maybe I can be a dancer after all,...I mean I CAN lift my leg much higher haha!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love to dance but I am absolutely terrible at it.  After seeing Whit professionally dance it gives me hope that maybe I can be a dancer after all,...I mean I CAN lift my leg much higher haha!

I hope you insist that your friends shower you with the appropriate praise (also chocolate, snacks, statues in your honor, etc.) when you lift your leg.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, the-grey-lady said:

I hope you insist that your friends shower you with the appropriate praise (also chocolate, snacks, statues in your honor, etc.) when you lift your leg.

That made me LOL but yes please. My dancing now a days consist s of living room Zumba sessions I am too uncoordinated and embarrassed for public dancing ha!

• Love 4

Ya know, I just don't get this twat!  Every single one of her dance moves is the same old hip/stomach roll and moving her arms or head.  I just don't see her as a so called dance professional with a "career" in dance.  The Museum of Dance had to be a shill.  Why the hell would they give her an award for her work in dance?  That video of her dance totally cracked me up.  The arabesque with the bounce to her step???????   Oh puuhhlleeeeaaassseeee.....She barely moved!!!!  I'm a horrible singer.....but don't tell me that when I am sitting in my car on the freeway belting out a song!  I sing like shit, but I still love to do it.  LOL. But for her to promote herself as a professional dancer is just insane.  I have been to some aerobics classes with other inept dancers (like myself) who manage to move their bodies and move a hell of a lot more than this whale of a woman child.  Just quit the fucking charade Twitney....and grow the hell up.

OH but she is so friggin professional that the belly dance instructor saw her as an amazing dancer and wanted her to perform at a restaurant and her ballroom classes of 1 month earned her a 2nd place title?  I know there are other BS stories, but I can't remember them right now.

• Love 17
13 hours ago, gigiann said:

I know there are other BS stories, but I can't remember them right now.

Pretty much the entire last season.

The fake pregnancy scare.  The fake lesbian-for-a-day.  The fake oops-I'm-dating-my-cousin.  The fake radio internship.  The fake dance competition.  The fake dance competition re-match that Whitney cancelled.  The fake going-on-tour-with-the-Fitness-Marshall.  It does on and on.

• Love 16
On 2/8/2018 at 5:10 PM, Ketzel said:

Yes, total bullshit. Whitney and Todd, who hold themselves out to their community as professional dancers, weren't even eligible for the amateur/ pro-am competition they pretended to enter. I assume TLC paid some money to the organization sponsoring the actual competition to rent their set-up either just before, or just after the actual competition took place, and that was the whole extent of Whitney's connection to the actual competitio

When Twit “dances” , it’s just a giant blob doing arm waves and head movements . I don’t know how her ankles withstand the pressure. For Twit to think she has a career in dance is laughable.Todd also looks graceless & gawky when dancing but at least he can physically do the moves and seems to enjoy it . In season 1 I kinda liked Twit and was rooting for her but I cannot stand her now (yet I continue to hate watch ) Weight has nothing to do with my dislike , she is just such an Azzhole- yes, all the scenes and storylines are set up but her unlikeability shines thru! 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Alapaki said:

The fake pregnancy scare.  The fake lesbian-for-a-day.  The fake oops-I'm-dating-my-cousin.  The fake radio internship.  The fake dance competition.  The fake dance competition re-match that Whitney cancelled.  The fake going-on-tour-with-the-Fitness-Marshall.  It does on and on.

Reminds me of this scene from Seinfeld:

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Let's not forget how quickly she dropped converting to Judaism (this season but still), something she was once very determined to do. She was even gonna get a DNA test! 

Everything is a passing phase for her. I have a hard time seeing her as genuine with anything she takes on or wants. 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, gigiann said:

Now THIS big girl is actually dancing

image.jpeg

Yes, but she's probably at least 200 pounds lighter than Whitney and, at a guess, not in her mid-thirties. But her weight is still taking a toll on her technique. If that was supposed to be a grand jete, she's very low to the ground and her legs should be much further apart. Most ballet students train their legs to over-split (stretch beyond 180°) just so that they can hit the split while leaping.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Well yes, but other than those...

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

Yes, but she's probably at least 200 pounds lighter than Whitney and, at a guess, not in her mid-thirties. But her weight is still taking a toll on her technique. If that was supposed to be a grand jete, she's very low to the ground and her legs should be much further apart. Most ballet students train their legs to over-split (stretch beyond 180°) just so that they can hit the split while leaping.

Agreed. She can dance mediocrely for a ballet student her age and years of practice.

If she were a normal dancer's weight, she would be unknown and ignored and considered like any other middle school - high school chick taking dance lessons. Because she is fat? It makes her "special" but in reality the technique is mediocre.

• Love 3
On 2/14/2018 at 10:42 AM, 3girlsforus said:

I have decided that the Geico skating Sumo wrestler is a parody of Whitney and her dancing 

Pretty sure that the Geico skating sumo could do a hell of a better arabesque than Twit! I mean, he was on f*ing skates... can you imagine Twit on ice skates?? I see arm flailing, wobbling.... but then she'd probably say her ankles or knees were too sore to handle being on skates... 

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

Pretty sure that the Geico skating sumo could do a hell of a better arabesque than Twit! I mean, he was on f*ing skates... can you imagine Twit on ice skates?? I see arm flailing, wobbling.... but then she'd probably say her ankles or knees were too sore to handle being on skates... 

She doesn't do well on slippery surfaces which require special footwear.  Remember the skis?

• Love 5
On 2/10/2018 at 3:37 PM, Maggienolia said:

Sweet baby Jesus!!! She can't jump!! She can barely hop. Can't complete a pirouette or turn. If she's a dancer, I'm prima for the Bolshoi. 

Define "decent".

My favorite move is when she opens her arms and rolls back her head. So graceful and sign of true dancer.....?

I’m embarrassed for her. 

• Love 6
On 2/16/2018 at 5:17 PM, Maggienolia said:

Lmao ? I’m picturing Twit wailing in pain with her legs spreading apart on the skates like when she was attempting to ski 

• Love 6

There was quite a line at the Costco gas station today, so I amused myself by looking up the definitions of "fabulous" . . .

fab·u·lous
adjective

- extraordinary, especially extraordinarily large.  Synonyms:  tremendous, stupendous

- informal:  amazingly good; wonderful.

- having no basis in reality; mythical.  

===========

So she is "fabulous" in two out of three definitions.

• Love 9
(edited)

S-5 has turned out to be very odd. It's as tho TLC ordered PMG (production co.) to make Twit look as awful as possible.

Remember, it's all in the editing. PMG's editors back in the LA studio can take a 1,000 hrs of film & make anyone either a hero or a goat. Twit is a goat, from beginning to end.

?She is unable to handle the exertion required for TFM's tour.
? She is a petulant asshole about BGDC.
? She is a pathetic nutcase over Avi.
? Ditto about Ashley's pregnancy.
? She is abusive & ungracious to her father.
? She is shown on all fours with her ass in the air being rubbed down with lotion by a gay male.
? She turns a 4 mile stroll into the Bataan Death March.
? She then abuses not only Glenn but everyone else in her circle, apparently with the intent of ruining their vacation.

Twit has said she doesn't see an episode until viewers do. And, since her wardrobe never changes, it's obvious the THs for the whole season are all filmed in one sitting without her actually seeing an episode in its entirety.

I think she was genuinely horrified by how she looks in the last episode. That's why there's no crowing about it on FB -- no mention at all. That's why she keeps posting videos of exercising at the gym.

What did TLC tell PMG about filming S-5? Were there instructions given to make Twit, who has gone rogue on TLC's initial premise, look as bad as possible? (That is, to show her REAL personality -- histrionic, boundary-less, very disabled, NOT fabulous at all.)

If so, why? Has TLC decided this is the last season of MBFFL? Or has it told PMG the series will continue only if Twit goes along with being filmed as the world's biggest asshole?

Edited by Dot
  • Love 18
48 minutes ago, Dot said:

S-5 has turned out to be very odd. It's as tho TLC ordered PMG (production co.) to make Twit look as awful as possible.
Remember, it's all in the editing. PMG's editors back in the LA studio can take a 1,000 hrs of film & make anyone either a hero or a goat. Twit is a goat, from beginning to end.
?She is unable to handle the exertion required for TFM's tour.
? She is a petulant asshole about BGDC.
? She is a pathetic nutcase over Avi.
? Ditto about Ashley's pregnancy.
? She is abusive & ungracious to her father.
? She is shown on all fours with her ass in the air being rubbed down with lotion by a gay male.
? She turns a 4 mile stroll into the Bataan Death March.
? She then abuses not only Glenn but everyone else in her circle, apparently with the intent of ruining their vacation.
Twit has said she doesn't see an episode until viewers do. And, since her wardrobe never changes, it's obvious the THs for the whole season are all filmed in one sitting without her actually seeing an episode in its entirety.
I think she was genuinely horrified by how she looks in the last episode. That's why there's no crowing about it on FB -- no mention at all. That's why she keeps posting videos of exercising at the gym.
What did TLC tell PMG about filming S-5? Were there instructions given to make Twit, who has gone rogue on TLC's initial premise, look as bad as possible? (That is, to show her REAL personality -- histrionic, boundary-less, very disabled, NOT fabulous at all.)
If so, why? Has TLC decided this is the last season of MBFFL? Or has it told PMG the series will continue only if Twit goes along with being filmed as the world's biggest asshole?

I love this. 

• Love 5

I have a different theory, Dot. I'm afraid all the gym videos are Whitney setting up Season 6.  I predict something will happen over the rest of Season 5 that "convinces" Whitney she needs to make some changes in her "fitness." (Or maybe that's what the 85K walk was for.) So next season we will get to see her "working out" and "getting stronger" with minimal-to-no weight loss. so that she can be triumphantly fat and fit. Maybe she'll take on Jiya in a head-to-head dance competition!

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ketzel said:

I have a different theory, Dot. I'm afraid all the gym videos are Whitney setting up Season 6.  I predict something will happen over the rest of Season 5 that "convinces" Whitney she needs to make some changes in her "fitness." (Or maybe that's what the 85K walk was for.) So next season we will get to see her "working out" and "getting stronger" with minimal-to-no weight loss. so that she can be triumphantly fat and fit. Maybe she'll take on Jiya in a head-to-head dance competition!

[not sure what this word was supposed to be, but it wasn't "Reilly" ?], since we all know there's no such thing as being both fit AND morbidly obese. Getting popcorn. 

Edited by AUJulia
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Ketzel said:

I'm not sure our theories aren't compatible. I think you may be right: Twit was horrified by what she saw in the HI race episode & has decided to get "fit" to ward off any TLC inclination to cancel the series. (She hopes.) And she's already indicated that she hopes one night of sex will lead to a plot line in another season.

BUT what she may want in a S-6 & what TLC may require are 2 different things. And if TLC tells PMG to keep showing what an asshole she is, will she say, "No, thank you. If you are not going to film me as fit & fabulous, I quit."

I don't think so.

• Love 5
(edited)
3 hours ago, Dot said:

And if TLC tells PMG to keep showing what an asshole she is, will she say, "No, thank you. If you are not going to film me as fit & fabulous, I quit."

I don't think so.

Well, we're in total agreement on that. But I do give TLC some credit for manipulation, or for subtly or not so subtly suggesting Whitney do stuff that makes her look bad. (Producer, breathless, on phone: "Whitney, Avi's here RIGHT NOW. Get over here!") So I'm sure if she demands to be shown getting fit, they will dutifully film hours of her doing the wrong exercises with terrible form at the gym, and later cut in the wailing visits to the doc-in-a-box when her toe/foot arch/knee/ back/ skin folds/anxiety starts acting up.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Wait - what?

Twit is so pathetically sexually inappropriate that she bragged in a live FB video with Allison shortly after the Avi story arc ran its course that she had had sex the night before. Then she simpered & said she wasn't going to name the person since it might become a plot line in a S-6.

Becuz she was lying all over Allison at the time, there was some discussion  in the forum's Social Media thread as to whether or not it was Allison.

7 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Well, we're in total agreement on that. But I do give TLC some credit for manipulation, or for subtly or not so subtly suggesting Whitney do stuff that makes her look bad. (Producer, breathless, on phone: "Whitney, Avi's here RIGHT NOW. Get over here!") So I'm sure if she demands to be shown getting fit, they will dutifully film hours of her doing the wrong exercises with terrible form at the gym, and later cut in the wailing visits to the doc-in-a-box when her toe/foot arch/knee/ back/ skin folds/anxiety starts acting up.

I can't disagree with any of that!

Edited by Dot
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, AUJulia said:

[not sure what this word was supposed to be, but it wasn't "Reilly" ?], since we all know there's no such thing as being both fit AND morbidly obese. Getting popcorn. 

Autocorrect is always so much fun, isn't it? Mine, on a Kindle Fire, inserts the word "poo" in the middle of a word randomly & frequently.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, Dot said:

Autocorrect is always so much fun, isn't it? Mine, on a Kindle Fire, inserts the word "poo" in the middle of a word randomly & frequently.

That's priceless ????

• Love 1

Twit is so pathetically sexually inappropriate that she bragged in a live FB video with Allison shortly after the Avi story arc ran its course that she had had sex the night before. Then she simpered & said she wasn't going to name the person since it might become a plot line in a S-6.

Facebook needs to add "having sex" to the long list of things you can tag yourself as doing when you check in somewhere.

Completely different topic, I have always wondered - Why does Whitney Way Thore have two last names? Or is "Way" her middle name?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Elizzikra said:

Facebook needs to add "having sex" to the long list of things you can tag yourself as doing when you check in somewhere.

Completely different topic, I have always wondered - Why does Whitney Way Thore have two last names? Or is "Way" her middle name?

It's her middle name. I'm guessing it's a family surname. 

21 hours ago, Dot said:

BUT what she may want in a S-6 & what TLC may require are 2 different things. And if TLC tells PMG to keep showing what an asshole she is, will she say, "No, thank you. If you are not going to film me as fit & fabulous, I quit."

I don't think so.

I still think if she REALLY hit bottom and REALLY made an effort and REALLY lost weight the production company would be all for it, because people like to watch that type of thing.  But if not - they need something, and apparently making her look like the ass that she is is the next best thing :)

• Love 7

It's her middle name. I'm guessing it's a family surname. 

Interesting. I never use my middle name except on legal documents. I wonder why she uses her full name in introductions, etc. A lot of people do, but I never have...

I’m curious about reality ‘stars’ like Whitney.  Does anyone know what kind of salary the show would pay her, by which I mean, does she really make her money off the show or does her money come off her appearances like the cruise or what “talks/speeches” she gives.  I remember when Jersey Shore was a thing and some of them were really raking it in on club appearances, etc., not that I expect Whitney to be a big club draw.  I guess I was trying to figure out (I know, a waste of time) why Whitney continues to sign up for this embarrassment.  I’m guessing she was around 30 when the show started, was she living at home then?   I missed the beginning of the series, was Glenn footing her bills or it wasn’t discussed?  I’m normally not so nosy about people’s finances, but I’m truly fascinated by some of the questions this show brings up.

On My 600lb Life, the people are usually pretty poor, living off disability, so I can understand to a point that they let the show film them in embarrassing situations because for SOME of them, their options are limited, but Whitney has seemingly had a lot of opportunities growing up and as an adult.  I do believe something happened to her for such a major weight gain, but I’d like to know if there was any personality change from say Season one until now?  Was she more likable back then and did her friends cater to her as much as they do now?

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m curious about reality ‘stars’ like Whitney.  Does anyone know what kind of salary the show would pay her, by which I mean, does she really make her money off the show or does her money come off her appearances like the cruise or what “talks/speeches” she gives. . . .  

I’m guessing she was around 30 when the show started, was she living at home then?   I missed the beginning of the series, was Glenn footing her bills or it wasn’t discussed? . . .

I’d like to know if there was any personality change from say Season one until now?  Was she more likable back then and did her friends cater to her as much as they do now?

Some folks here found her more likeable in S-1. I'm not one of them. By half-time she had revealed what a narcissist she is by grumbling when her parents complimented Todd for his dance moves. (You can go to the app, TLCgo, or website, TLC.com, to watch previous series.)

Twit was working at a Greensboro radio station as "Producer Whitney" when the jocks sponsored her "Fat Girl Dancing" YouTube video. She had no job when MBFFL started & she was living with her parents. She was about 30 when S-1 began.

What she earns as a reality "star" has been a question in this forum before. Most of us think she probably doesn't make more than $100,000/yr since TLC is cheap.

She wouldn't get any money for her cruises, just free cabins for her & the barnacles.

Her speakers bureau lists her fee as $5,000 to $10,000 tho other arrangements are supposedly possible. No one thinks she has ever come close to earning $5,000, but who knows? Most of the talking engagements she has crowed about on her SM pages appeared to be freebies in or near Greensboro or, at best, payment of a small stipend for travel expenses.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Dot said:

Some folks here found her more likeable in S-1. I'm not one of them. By half-time she had revealed what a narcissist she is by grumbling when her parents complimented Todd for his dance moves. (You can go to the app, TLCgo, or website, TLC.com, to watch previous series.)

Twit was working at a Greensboro radio station as "Producer Whitney" when the jocks sponsored her "Fat Girl Dancing" YouTube video. She had no job when MBFFL started & she was living with her parents. She was about 30 when S-1 began.

What she earns as a reality "star" has been a question in this forum before. Most of us think she probably doesn't make more than $100,000/yr since TLC is cheap.

She wouldn't get any money for her cruises, just free cabins for her & the barnacles.

Her speakers bureau lists her fee as $5,000 to $10,000 tho other arrangements are supposedly possible. No one thinks she has ever come close to earning $5,000, but who knows? Most of the talking engagements she has crowed about on her SM pages appeared to be freebies in or near Greensboro or, at best, payment of a small stipend for travel expenses.

Thanks for the info @Dot guess I thought it was odd her dad had to co-sign for her home since she was theoretically living at home and I doubt was paying Glenn and Babs rent, so should have some kind of savings from the show.  I don’t like to get into people’s finances but a lot of things on this show just don’t make sense.

• Love 4