Type keyword(s) to search

Whitney Thore: So She Thinks She Can Dance

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, Ketzel said:

Well, bear in mind that this girl is less than half Whitney's age, and probably less than half Whitney's weight, and even she is having obvious difficulties getting her turning foot to lift her body more than an inch or two off the ground. She also can't get her knee bent sufficiently to raise the non-turning foot into the correct position, and her core is not strong enough to keep her upper torso in good alignment. That's why she is travelling as she turns, a Very Big Mistake when doing fouettes, where the mark of clean execution is that the turning toe remains firmly in one spot, commonly described by ballet teachers as looking as if "it is nailed to the floor."  I don't mean to be unkind to her. She's working hard at her dance, which is much more than you can say for Whitney. But I don't feel inclined to overlook the negative effect on the technique imposed by her weight.  "Fat women can do anything!" says Whitney. Maybe so (although I think she undermines that message with every episode.) But unless they can do it as well as they could if they weren't fat, she's only making half the point.  (Plus a whole lot of excuses.)

I couldn't do it that good or at all and I weigh 110. Maybe it's just the girl's skill level and not her ability because of weight. Whitney could not do what that girl did. Oh, but she's a dancer in case you didn't get the memo, everybody.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I couldn't do it that good or at all and I weigh 110. Maybe it's just the girl's skill level and not her ability because of weight. Whitney could not do what that girl did. Oh, but she's a dancer in case you didn't get the memo, everybody.

But there's a direct correlation between the skill and the weight. It's possible she hasn't been studying long enough or that her teacher isn't very good, and that's why her technique is poor. But to repeatedly raise and lower one's body weight, balanced on the toe of one foot, while keeping the weight perfectly centered and rotating, as the knee of the non-turning leg whips in and out, takes both skill and strength. The heavier you are, the more strength is needed, and the more skill to keep the body aligned so the balance and the rotation will work.  The thing is, if this girl is committed to doing to do the work necessary to perform multiple fouettes and pirouettes correctly, I think she will end up losing a lot of weight, if for no other reason than it will make the goal she's trying to achieve much easier.  Whitney's goal, on the other hand, is to be both fat and fabulous, (or so she says) and she has yet to concede that some of fabulous she wants to lay claim to, including technical dance skill, is not so easy when one is morbidly obese.

Edited by Ketzel
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I don't find posing with baby tigers to be cruel. 

The babies are taken away from their mothers in order to push the mothers back into heat so they can be bred again (and make more cubs for the business). It's basically the result of the tiger version of a puppy mill. And it's not at all good for the cubs to be dragged about, exposed to numerous people. In the end, some of those cubs will end up the victims in canned hunts, or as someone's pet when they get too big for the picture parade. 

But back to the topic (before the mods smack us)... Whitney's delusions about her size, her health and what she's eating is really frightening and while I may snark on her, it's obvious that she's heading straight for a serious medical crisis. We see this with the people profiled on 600 Pound Life that they are totally blind to just how their own behaviors are at fault and how defensive they get when their eating habits are criticized. I highly doubt that Whitney eats as little as she insists that she does, otherwise she just wouldn't be 400 pounds. A symptom of PSOS may be weight gain, but her own behaviors at at least as much at fault (if not more).

I really wish that Whitney would see a proper doctor to deal with her weight issues and keep a food diary so she (and we) can see that she's eating far more than she realizes (and probably eating a ton of crap and not things like fruits and vegetables). We do this at Weight Watchers and it not only keeps you honest, but it lets you start learning what an actual portion is. Someone really needs to call her out on her bullshit and not buy the "You're fat shaming!" whining.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Hana Chan said:

The babies are taken away from their mothers in order to push the mothers back into heat so they can be bred again (and make more cubs for the business). It's basically the result of the tiger version of a puppy mill. And it's not at all good for the cubs to be dragged about, exposed to numerous people. In the end, some of those cubs will end up the victims in canned hunts, or as someone's pet when they get too big for the picture parade. 

But back to the topic (before the mods smack us)... Whitney's delusions about her size, her health and what she's eating is really frightening and while I may snark on her, it's obvious that she's heading straight for a serious medical crisis. We see this with the people profiled on 600 Pound Life that they are totally blind to just how their own behaviors are at fault and how defensive they get when their eating habits are criticized. I highly doubt that Whitney eats as little as she insists that she does, otherwise she just would be 400 pounds. A symptom of PSOS may be weight gain, but her own behaviors at at least as much at fault (if not more).

I really wish that Whitney would see a proper doctor to deal with her weight issues and keep a food diary so she (and we) can see that she's eating far more than she realizes (and probably eating a ton of crap and not things like fruits and vegetables). We do this at Weight Watchers and it not only keeps you honest, but it lets you start learning what an actual portion is. Someone really needs to call her out on her bullshit and not buy the "You're fat shaming!" whining.

I stand corrected about the baby tigers. I sign a lot of petitions for animal rights and welfare. I think I'm going to look into the tiger problem and see what I can find. Thanks for the info. That shit pisses me off so bad. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

But there's a direct correlation between the skill and the weight. It's possible she hasn't been studying long enough or that her teacher isn't very good, and that's why her technique is poor. But to repeatedly raise and lower one's body weight, balanced on the toe of one foot, while keeping the weight perfectly centered and rotating, as the knee of the non-turning leg whips in and out, takes both skill and strength. The heavier you are, the more strength is needed, and the more skill to keep the body aligned so the balance and the rotation will work.  The thing is, if this girl is committed to doing to do the work necessary to perform multiple fouettes and pirouettes correctly, I think she will end up losing a lot of weight, if for no other reason than it will make the goal she's trying to achieve much easier.  Whitney's goal, on the other hand, is to be both fat and fabulous, (or so she says) and she has yet to concede that some of fabulous she wants to lay claim to, including technical dance skill, is not so easy when one is morbidly obese.

True. I'm sure the girl in the video will have a hard time perfecting her art. I guess I was more focused on the fact that Whitney thinks she's a dancer and thinks she's fabulous. If any big girl is fabulous, it's the girl who is trying like hell to actually learn a true form of dance and doing pretty well at it in spite of her size. All Whitney can do is twerk. She also likes to do a lot of really shitty attempts at pas de bourees and I guess she thinks that makes her look skilled, especially when her arms are out to the side trying to be all graceful.

You know, I really wouldn't be hard on the woman if she was a decent human being or cared for the feelings of others in any way. 

• Love 16
14 hours ago, lovetheduns said:

Generally no.

It is quite hard to be charged with animal cruelty. I mean lets be real, if it were easy for just a lot of nasty animal issues, many other circus type shows (or pose with the baby tigers) would be charged - I mean it took MANY years for the soring practices employer by the TN Walker Big Lick shows to be banned.

In reality, if a horse is fed (not even if it is the right amount of calories), watered, and has "livable" conditions, then the owner/barn is not going to be charged with any animal cruelty. 

They definitely will not be charging a barn that put a super obese Big Whit on the horse for a walk. 

Do I think it is "cruel" yes. I think it is irresponsible and I would never do it to my animal, but I imagine TLC was charged a pretty penny.

IMO, the goal for reporting it to ASPCA (and doing it on Twitter would get more attention, too) wouldn't be for anyone to be actually charged, but for TLC, the production company and Twit, herself, to be noticed for what they did and to get the backlash they deserve for putting the animal through that, all to prove something to Twit, I guess, that she's able and "fit" (I almost choked just typing that!).  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nowhere said:

You know, I really wouldn't be hard on the woman if she was a decent human being or cared for the feelings of others in any way. 

EXACTLY. I do not go around judging obese people in my normal daily life. I feel a lot of judgement for Whitney, though, because she is so awful in every respect, plus the fact that she is shown on camera with terrible eating habits and she acts like they have nothing to do with her size because "I HAVE PCOS." And her attempts to work out are half-assed, at best. Maybe even 1/8th-assed.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, rayndon said:

IMO, the goal for reporting it to ASPCA (and doing it on Twitter would get more attention, too) wouldn't be for anyone to be actually charged, but for TLC, the production company and Twit, herself, to be noticed for what they did and to get the backlash they deserve for putting the animal through that, all to prove something to Twit, I guess, that she's able and "fit" (I almost choked just typing that!).  

We should see how it actually plays out on the show first - maybe they address any precautions they took and we are just jumping to conclusions.  I'm not a big fan of the ASPCA (only because I dive across the room to change the channel when their commercials come on), but I will definitely tweet them if it looks like that horse was put in any danger.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, notyrmomma said:

We should see how it actually plays out on the show first - maybe they address any precautions they took and we are just jumping to conclusions.  I'm not a big fan of the ASPCA (only because I dive across the room to change the channel when their commercials come on), but I will definitely tweet them if it looks like that horse was put in any danger.

Oh my god, I do the same thing! I change the channel immediately. I swear I cannot watch those commercials under any circumstances. And they last FOREVER! I change it back to see if my show is on again and there's another freezing dog looking at me. 

I follow a lot of animal rights groups on twitter and I'll tweet every one of them if they abuse that horse. Maybe one of them will notice. Especially if a few of us get together and do it.

I haven't seen the horse preview so I don't really know. Is she actually on the horse in the clip?

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Ketzel said:

Well, bear in mind that this girl is less than half Whitney's age, and probably less than half Whitney's weight, and even she is having obvious difficulties getting her turning foot to lift her body more than an inch or two off the ground. She also can't get her knee bent sufficiently to raise the non-turning foot into the correct position, and her core is not strong enough to keep her upper torso in good alignment. That's why she is travelling as she turns, a Very Big Mistake when doing fouettes, where the mark of clean execution is that the turning toe remains firmly in one spot, commonly described by ballet teachers as looking as if "it is nailed to the floor."  I don't mean to be unkind to her. She's working hard at her dance, which is much more than you can say for Whitney. But I don't feel inclined to overlook the negative effect on the technique imposed by her weight.  "Fat women can do anything!" says Whitney. Maybe so (although I think she undermines that message with every episode.) But unless they can do it as well as they could if they weren't fat, she's only making half the point.  (Plus a whole lot of excuses.)

Ketzel I agree.

Someone had mentioned her before with a perfect turns or what not... and yet I just don't see it.

Even though this girl works obviously very hard at her dance her weight is detrimental to her technique. The traveling, the lack of extension, she looks like she is heaving herself to keep the momentum going. It is quite inelegant and the antithesis of what a dancer is supposed to impart. 

What i respect for the girl, is that she is working and she is not stopping an activity that she loves because of her weight... but at the same hand, like Whit, like myself, if she doesn't get control over her intake she will be very limited in what she will be able to accomplish with her dance and overall physicality.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Nowhere said:

Chaining dogs is prohibited in many counties. In mine we can't have a dog on a chain for more than 30 minutes. I'm just saying that things are slowly getting better for animals. I haven't heard of a law prohibiting fat girls from riding horses but if too much weight on a horse could severely injure the horse or cause him pain then it is cruel, not "cruel" and something should be done or said. Horses have a good case here.

But I don't think I said they would be charged. I said they should be charged. 

I don't find posing with baby tigers to be cruel. 

I don't know what the walker big lick show did but I didn't say the barn should be shut down. I'd love it if some authority would just acknowledge the incident as not cool. But that wouldn't be politically correct now would it? 

Good points. The industry of posing with baby tigers or lions is inherently cruel. They are improperly bred and exploited while they are young for basically profit and essentially thrown away when they are too big to be "petted." USDA rules surrounding what happens to large cats afterwards are in sufficient. Nearby to my home we have a tiger/lion sanctuary. These animals (that can never go to a zoo much less be released in the wild) were all reduced from either "picture" breeders or backyard zoos. The states that they are in when getting to the sanctuary is.... repugnant. So the very existence of taking a selfie with a cub continues to support the nasty industry behind the rather benign picture of the bear cub.

Although I "wish" a proper animal authority will see the inappropriateness of having an almost 400lb Big Whit schlep herself ontop of the poor animal as wrong, I don't have high hopes.

• Love 1

It's a really hard balance, between weight and skill, and while I'm a huge proponent of you can do what you put your mind to, I think dance is one area where it's not always true because of the physics of what the weight does. I mentioned before I danced when I was younger (I quit around 20) and I was probably about 50 lbs lighter than I am now... I could probably execute a clean double pirouette, but could do 3-4 when I was younger/lighter. I think I benefit from the muscle memory of knowing how to properly execute it so while my extra weight probably doesn't help things, my body remembers the steps to at least try... but if you were never able to do it correctly, I think it would be harder to learn with the extra weight... does that make sense? Not impossible, but definitely harder. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, leighroda said:

It's a really hard balance, between weight and skill, and while I'm a huge proponent of you can do what you put your mind to, I think dance is one area where it's not always true because of the physics of what the weight does. I mentioned before I danced when I was younger (I quit around 20) and I was probably about 50 lbs lighter than I am now... I could probably execute a clean double pirouette, but could do 3-4 when I was younger/lighter. I think I benefit from the muscle memory of knowing how to properly execute it so while my extra weight probably doesn't help things, my body remembers the steps to at least try... but if you were never able to do it correctly, I think it would be harder to learn with the extra weight... does that make sense? Not impossible, but definitely harder. 

True, but there is also going to be a point where the weight does make it impossible. When it comes to turns, there's only so much weight combined with torque that you can put on your joints before bad things happen. Didn't Whitney learn that lesson attempting to pirouette on her cruise? Or maybe she's going to complain she slipped on a spilled drink or something, when we see the cruise episode! Nobody out-pirouettes La Thore! (Not even this fat-shaming hater! :-))

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Ketzel said:

True, but there is also going to be a point where the weight does make it impossible. When it comes to turns, there's only so much weight combined with torque that you can put on your joints before bad things happen.

The harsh reality is that for a lot of athletic endeavors, in order to really excel you really need to have the right body type. There's a reason why most elite female gymnasts are tiny and built like fireplugs, or why distance runners tend to be tall, gazelle like beings with zero percent body fat. Form has to fit function and when you are heavy, it makes it nearly impossible to do a lot of these things because your body just can't manage with the ease and skill that you need it too. I found that out when I was a kid and hoped to be a jockey, but I was just going to be too damn tall and heavy. It's just another unfair bit of life.

I would really like to know what Whitney believes qualifies her to be a "professional" dancer. Besides the ballroom dance lessons that we saw her take for that sham "competition", what real training does she have. I took years of ballet (and started pointe work before I busted my ankle and had to quit) and jazz when I was younger, and I took up belly dancing as a hobby as an adult, but I would hardly qualify myself as a "dancer". I like to dance and I enjoy watching others who are really skilled in their forms dance, but I wouldn't put myself in that category simply because I don't have the facility or the training. I'd love to know what real training Whitney has, because what I see her "teaching" is little more than Zumba-level choreography. Which is just fine if you're goal is to help women who don't feel comfortable in other physical activities get off their butts a bit. But that hardly qualifies her as a pro since what dancing I see her doing is little more than very basic moves.

Edited by Hana Chan
  • Love 13
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

She "self-identifies" as a professional dancer.  As for me, I'm 70, under 5 feet tall, female, and 30+ pounds overweight.  I "self-identify" as an NBA basketball player.  Unfortunately, none of the teams have yet offered me a contract, because they're all "old, short, gender, weight shaming" me.  It's unfair!!!!

Hah! Whitney is the Rachel Dolezal of the dance world ;)

• Love 7
On 1/19/2017 at 7:50 AM, Hana Chan said:

Her trainer couldn't even get her to snap pics of her meals and text the photos to him.  If she couldn't comply with such and easy instruction as that, I don't see her putting in the time and effort to log foods - even the smartphone logging apps require a bit of time and effort.  It's clear she doesn't give a rat's ass about what she puts in her mouth.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, flappa1016 said:

It's clear she doesn't give a rat's ass about what she puts in her mouth.

Whitney makes the same mistake a lot of people do - thinking that they can exercise away the pounds without changing their eating habits. What they often fail to recognize is that they are more than likely vastly out eating whatever exercise they're actually doing (which is likely not much at all).

According to calculations, at Whitney's age, height and weight, she would need to keep her caloric intake at around 1,872 per day to lose 2 pounds per week. From what we've seen on the show, there's no way she can stick to that for even a day so whatever limited activity she has is going to be erased by her eating habits. Exercise is important and will help with both weight loss and overall health, but it's not going to do squat for her if she doesn't manage what goes into her mouth.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

Whitney makes the same mistake a lot of people do - thinking that they can exercise away the pounds without changing their eating habits. What they often fail to recognize is that they are more than likely vastly out eating whatever exercise they're actually doing (which is likely not much at all).

According to calculations, at Whitney's age, height and weight, she would need to keep her caloric intake at around 1,872 per day to lose 2 pounds per week. From what we've seen on the show, there's no way she can stick to that for even a day so whatever limited activity she has is going to be erased by her eating habits. Exercise is important and will help with both weight loss and overall health, but it's not going to do squat for her if she doesn't manage what goes into her mouth.

THIS! This is another thing I try to teach people as a fitness/nutrition mentor--most of it is what people eat. Even Whitney's trainer yelled at her about her nutrition when she said, "I can't exercise because of my back" and he said, "That has nothing to do with the food!"

Even when I am running 70 miles a week I don't eat as much as people think. People think, "You're an athlete, you can eat what you want!" Um, no. THIS is why new runners complain they are gaining weight versus losing weight. They are most certainly out-eating their workouts.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

She "self-identifies" as a professional dancer.  As for me, I'm 70, under 5 feet tall, female, and 30+ pounds overweight.  I "self-identify" as an NBA basketball player.  Unfortunately, none of the teams have yet offered me a contract, because they're all "old, short, gender, weight shaming" me.  It's unfair!!!!

Lmao! I love you! I needed that laugh. :)

• Love 2
On 1/19/2017 at 9:45 PM, lovetheduns said:

Although I "wish" a proper animal authority will see the inappropriateness of having an almost 400lb Big Whit schlep herself ontop of the poor animal as wrong, I don't have high hopes.

There is just such an agency, and perhaps this will quell the horse discussion.  American Humane monitors these things very closely.  They even make sure that insects aren't harmed. 

• Love 1
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:07 AM, Ocean Chick said:

Twit calling herself a professional dancer is like me calling myself a professional singer.  Hey - I sing in a church choir.  Doesn't that make me professional?  Snerk.

I.m new to this forum. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one, questioning "professional dancer" job-title.

Just because she took dance when she was little, high-school and/or in college, doesn't make her a "professional". BUT if she did have training, I would think we would see technical dance or classical/lyrical dance skills a little more refined. I'm not a dancer, but I can count the times I heard other dance vocabulary (i.e. ballet terms) come out of her mouth, while she teaches. Granted now, I missed a couple of shows each season.

IMO, a professional dancer would be someone who is actively getting paid, has gotten paid, and/or actively seeking audition opportunities to dance, perhaps in different genres/settings. There are too many dance shows on TV that showcases dancers in various states of age (most of whom is younger than whitney), training, competition levels and abilities. Also, given the nature of the job of "professional dancer", a true professional would do what is necessary to keep their body in shape for a role. A true professional would be actively seeking training/classes to improve their talent. Many gifted dancers are already turned down for roles, voted off, or lose a competition, because the are too tall/short/can't do a certain dance move/broke formation/etc, so they wouldn't add being significantly overweight to the mix. Their "job" is to work on and keep their bodies in the best physical shape possible.

Teaching choreography isn't dancing. What she does to me is (or used to be) called low impact floor aerobics. But unless she adds a portion of weight/strength training to her sessions, I guess one couldn't call it an aerobics class. Is she really raising heart rates enough ?

here's a link to her "dance class".

http://www.nobodyshame.com/new-page-2/

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, flappa1016 said:

I really wish that Whitney would see a proper doctor to deal with her weight issues and keep a food diary so she (and we) can see that she's eating far more than she realizes (and probably eating a ton of crap and not things like fruits and vegetables). We do this at Weight Watchers and it not only keeps you honest, but it lets you start learning what an actual portion is

Another excellent point.

I need to pay attention to who the commercial sponsors are during the show. Especially since the premier is in January, when you are constantly seeing commercials for all of the major weight loss programs, activity watches, exercise equipment, pre-selected meals with healthy local ingredients and fitness clubs membership specials, if this show cares about health, lets see whose paying the bills.

Even a PSA commercial on eating a proper diet or getting exercise, see your Dr, stop smoking, products contain less sugar, etc, would make some sense. The question is how much are those advertisements willing to back ole Whit.

That PSA where the sedentary little boy calls his grandmother, who uses a walker, for a grape soda, is a classic !

Edited by sATL

No dance classes are scheduled as of today. 

As some who has diabetes, it does suck to have to watch what you eat and how much carbs you have. I want to live a long healthy life.  I make sacrifices when I want something high carb or if I want eat out.  It seems like she really needs professional help in determining what she likes to eat that is also low carb.

The endocrinologist I have been seeing told that a lot diabetics go back eating regularly like before once they hit that magical number the dr wanted to see.  I've had my issues keeping on track,  but I must stay firm and write down everything I eat.

Edited by mzskyhawk00
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, cynicat said:

There is just such an agency, and perhaps this will quell the horse discussion.  American Humane monitors these things very closely.  They even make sure that insects aren't harmed. 

I know what you're saying, but two things:

1) Reality shows aren't bound by the same rules that scripted shows and movies have. I've heard that some groups are very concerned by the way children are filmed for reality TV, for example.

2) Even if the Humane Society was on set, I'm not sure what their definition of "harm" or "abuse" consists of. It usually has to be pretty extreme, like forcing horses to trip and fall for a battle scene. And I'm not sure how much real knowledge all of these representatives have about horses in general. Just seeing a big person get up on a horse and sit there while it walks around may not look like abuse to the average person, who cares about animals but doesn't really know that much about horses. 

I guess we'll know more when the show airs. I still haven't seen the clip of Whitney on the horse, but I'll watch for it.

ETA: I remember on the *Ruby* show, there was an ep where Ruby went horseback riding. Her horse was a very large one, certainly a draft cross, and seemed to handle it okay but it wasn't fun to watch. Ruby weighed even more than Whit at that time, IIRC.

Edited by okerry
  • Love 1

This is one of the shows that I DVR, but I don't watch every episode so I don't program my Tivo for a OnePass, I just manually schedule the episodes I want to watch.  So I went in to my programming guide to schedule the first episode, and I saw the description for the second episode, and OMFG:

"IMMACULATE MISCONCEPTION - Whitney is blindsided when Lennie wants proof that news of her pregnancy is real."

I'm really, really, really hoping that she isn't preggers.  I'm hopeful that by "news" they mean "rumors".  But how far in advance do they film these shows?  Is it possible that he could have seen the promos for the show, and then freaked out?  Damn it, now I have to DVR episode 2!

• Love 2
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:46 PM, yogi2014L said:

She should have them on the show and teach her class a thing or two about dance!

Someone could post them on her FB page and suggest it.  Let us know first, so we can see the meltdown before the post is removed.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, Runnergirl said:

About the jokes regarding her going to Dr. Now--I'm not sure he'd ever take her as a patient. She's argumentative, refuses to take responsibility for her situation and would probably refuse to demonstrate she can lose weight before surgery.

Wouldn't you love to see her put in the hospital on that 800 calorie a day liquid diet? 

• Love 6
On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:45 AM, Cherrio said:

I am horrified about the horse.  I won't hesitate from calling the humane society.

On one of the hoarding shows, there was egregious animal cruelty, and the people, who should have been "reporters" I'd have thought, didn't contact authorities.
After the airing several views called the police in the town, and the bitch faced charges.  (It was truly awful, you don't want to know), but if it rises to animal cruelty, that's a crime now in a lot of places.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, flappa1016 said:

This is one of the shows that I DVR, but I don't watch every episode so I don't program my Tivo for a OnePass, I just manually schedule the episodes I want to watch.  So I went in to my programming guide to schedule the first episode, and I saw the description for the second episode, and OMFG:

"IMMACULATE MISCONCEPTION - Whitney is blindsided when Lennie wants proof that news of her pregnancy is real."

I'm really, really, really hoping that she isn't preggers.  I'm hopeful that by "news" they mean "rumors".  But how far in advance do they film these shows?  Is it possible that he could have seen the promos for the show, and then freaked out?  Damn it, now I have to DVR episode 2!

I'm sure he's horrified because the Boyfriend Lennie gig has spun so ridiculously out of control. Now they want him to play baby daddy to Whitney's phantom fetus? TLC is  asking a lot of this man who was already chewing at his chains last season. I can only imagine his meltdowns between takes.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, auntjess said:

On one of the hoarding shows, there was egregious animal cruelty, and the people, who should have been "reporters" I'd have thought, didn't contact authorities.
After the airing several views called the police in the town, and the bitch faced charges.  (It was truly awful, you don't want to know), but if it rises to animal cruelty, that's a crime now in a lot of places.

I believe you are talking about Hannah.  And I think that was the Hoarders on A&E. (FYI, there are a few of us here that comment on this show, the 600 lb life show, and the hoarders show--a "heeey" out to all my soul sisters/brothers out there)

Edited by notyrmomma
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, auntjess said:

Someone could post them on her FB page and suggest it.  Let us know first, so we can see the meltdown before the post is removed.

Wouldn't you love to see her put in the hospital on that 800 calorie a day liquid diet? 

She'd probably find someone to sneak her food like a few of his other patients, he'd wind up sending her home and she'll be the next Penny.

• Love 2

There has been so much lead up to something we all know isn't true... they've been pushing this storyline since like November...like we can't see her real time social media. I "unfortunately" will likely be unable to watch it, I'll be out of town and I don't plan on planning my day around being back at the hotel to watch this hot mess, so bless you souls who report here and give me reading material before bed :).

• Love 1

Not sure why reality shows are not held to the same standard as scripted shows, regarding the treatment of all animals. I didn't see the preview regarding the horseback riding, but what does a horse ,or even an horse related event, have to do with an woman who claims to be a dancer, who has health and other personal issues? I caught an part episode last season where a horny pig was the new family pet and was causing mayhem in the house/apt/home office. I felt sorry for the pig.

It may take viewers to voice their concerns to producers/networks for a "shift in direction and policy" for episodes that involve animals. And something more than the standard "no animals were harmed in the filming.."

Even Ringling BB Circus realize that the public tastes towards animals has changed.

(link)

"Ringling has been phasing out elephants as a result of shifting public tastes and criticism from animal rights groups over the well-being of the animals.."

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, auntjess said:

She'd order in pizza and then fight the nurses about it, crying they fat shame her. She would whine about discrimination for being fed chicken, steamed veggies and jello and not mayo banana sandwiches, soda and pie.

• Love 3

I did a simple Google result to see if she was pregnant.  Not that I really needed to, just bored. If you Google ultrasound PCOS and then look at hers, they look very similar.  A pregnant ultrasound and hers, not so much.  There is s picture of the ultrasound on Starscm (or however you spell it).

Edited by mzskyhawk00
Clear up post
  • Love 1

I am not understanding why they keep pushing the storyline of her "romance" with the radio guy. After last season ended, he did an interview stating that he had a girlfriend and that most of those scenes were edited to look like something other than what they were. (Apparently, Whitney sniffed everyone at the station and he wasn't the only one to show up at her ballroom dance scam gig.) So why do they keep trying to make us believe it?

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I am not understanding why they keep pushing the storyline of her "romance" with the radio guy. After last season ended, he did an interview stating that he had a girlfriend and that most of those scenes were edited to look like something other than what they were. (Apparently, Whitney sniffed everyone at the station and he wasn't the only one to show up at her ballroom dance scam gig.) So why do they keep trying to make us believe it?

I am wondering if TLC is trying to fool us into thinking Whitney is likeable. "See, guys want her, women want to be her, you should keep watching." 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Because the production people are not reading snark boards where no one believes all this stuff.  They're reading Whit's personal FB page, from which all non-supportive comments are purged post-haste.  There are a lot of people who believe what they see on TV . . . whether it's "reality" or scripted.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Because the production people are not reading snark boards where no one believes all this stuff.  They're reading Whit's personal FB page, from which all non-supportive comments are purged post-haste.  There are a lot of people who believe what they see on TV . . . whether it's "reality" or scripted.

This. And the Whitney followers periodically throw up a post fawning over how cute Roy is and how they hope Whitney "gives him a chance" this season, to which she responds very coyly.

• Love 3
On 1/8/2017 at 11:35 AM, spacefly said:

If Whitney is bordering on Dx then she should be monitoring fasting and post eating sugars for a realistic picture of her overall Diabetic picture.

It probably all depends on the doctor. I have a former boss who is now a good friend and when she was found to be in that pre-diabetic A1C range her doc had her meet with the diabetes educators in their group and a nutritionist who gave her tips on what she needed to change in her eating habits to try and get that number down. And this is not a woman who is/was overweight or ate crap or was sedentary. But she followed their instructions, made changes to her eating habits (mostly revolving around restricting the amount and types of carbs she ate) and by the 3 month follow-up, she was back down within a normal range. At that point, she was advised to keep up with watching carb intake, and they would continue to monitor her A1C in case, at some point, it dipped back into that pre-diabetic range. Unlike Twit's "I'm no longer pre-diabetic" spoken as if having gotten her A1C down that ONE time means that she's out of the woods for good. 

She just delusional.

Spacefly - glad that you have found a doc that help and put all of the pieces together for you! I've always gone by A1C as well (my Dx of T2 was in 2010) and I've been lucky so far that I've been able to keep the A1C under control with diet changes and haven't had any complications. But just getting the Dx was enough to scare me into a mindset of "I'll do whatever I need to to be healthy". 

• Love 2
On 1/20/2017 at 11:07 AM, Ocean Chick said:

Twit calling herself a professional dancer is like me calling myself a professional singer.  Hey - I sing in a church choir.  Doesn't that make me professional?  Snerk.

Actually, you're probably closer to being a professional singer than she is a professional dancer. 

• Love 2

So according to the NIH (which I checked since I'm a loser with no life), besides PSOS sufferers having difficulty conceiving in the first place, there is a pretty long list of pregnancy complications associated with this disorder.

• Miscarriage or early loss of pregnancy (3x the rate of women without PSOS)
  • Gestational diabetes
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy induced high blood pressure
  • Preterm birth
  • Higher rates of medically indicated c-section

Now under the most ideal circumstances and Whitney was completely healthy, she would still be considered a high risk pregnancy just on account of her weight. Having PSOS and the multiple health concerns that she has already displayed just puts her at even greater risk. Besides her obesity, she has sleep apnea. She's had a cardiac episode with elevated blood pressure and has been diagnosed with early stage diabetes (which would be Type 2 diabetes). A pregnancy on top of that would be very dangerous. But again, all this is hypothetical that she was even able to get pregnant at all and this isn't just the show fucking with us for ratings.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hana Chan said:

So according to the NIH (which I checked since I'm a loser with no life), besides PSOS sufferers having difficulty conceiving in the first place, there is a pretty long list of pregnancy complications associated with this disorder.

• Miscarriage or early loss of pregnancy (3x the rate of women without PSOS)
  • Gestational diabetes
  • Preeclampsia
  • Pregnancy induced high blood pressure
  • Preterm birth
  • Higher rates of medically indicated c-section

Now under the most ideal circumstances and Whitney was completely healthy, she would still be considered a high risk pregnancy just on account of her weight. Having PSOS and the multiple health concerns that she has already displayed just puts her at even greater risk. Besides her obesity, she has sleep apnea. She's had a cardiac episode with elevated blood pressure and has been diagnosed with early stage diabetes (which would be Type 2 diabetes). A pregnancy on top of that would be very dangerous. But again, all this is hypothetical that she was even able to get pregnant at all and this isn't just the show fucking with us for ratings.

I agree that a pregnancy would be very dangerous, and I hope her OB scares the shit out of her when she goes in. I don't think she is pregnant, but she is delusional if she thinks she will be able to easily achieve motherhood in her current status of health. And wouldn't she want to provide the best possible outcome for her baby ? I know a lot of women who try to get in good shape pre pregnancy in order to have a healthy pregnancy. Modern medicine is amazing and I think a lot of people don't see being pre-term/gestational diabetes as a huge deal but it really is. Scary shit seeing little babies so helpess in the NICU! Who would willingly risk that?

I am willing to bet she is not pregnant. 

Also did anyone see the update on TLC? Babs had a stroke- poor Babs! Hopefully she has a full recovery

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/whitney-thore-shares-sentiments-about-mom-babs-thores-health/

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 1
On January 21, 2017 at 9:28 AM, cynicat said:

You and others may be interested in this podcast.

http://www.colleenpatrickgoudreau.com/animals-in-film-part-two-animals-were-harmed/

In Animals in Film: Part 1, we talked about the history behind the American Humane Association and its “No Animals Were Harmed” disclaimer. Today, in Animals in Film: Part 2, we discuss where things have gone wrong on TV and movie sets that lead to the death or injury of animals and why these productions still received the “No Animals Were Harmed” disclaimer from the monitors meant to protect the animals.

3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Also did anyone see the update on TLC? Babs had a stroke- poor Babs! Hopefully she has a full recovery

http://www.tlc.com/tlcme/whitney-thore-shares-sentiments-about-mom-babs-thores-health/

After attending too many funerals of those gone-too-soon, I was always motivated to come back home and make heath changes and/or improvements. Lets hope ole Whit will monitor her cardiovascular and another other system/organ that contributed to her mom's stroke and make changes. And doesn't her father also have (or had) a diabetes scare ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1