Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Puerto Read-Co!

• Start Topic

"Edges" refers to the hair located around a person's hairline, particularly around the temples. For many women, the hair in this area becomes thin and in severe cases, bald due to weaves, relaxers, improper haircare or just plain old stress amongst other things. Naomi Campbell is a prime example of someone who who has no edges due to wearing weaves since she was 15 years old.

• Love 3

I didn't like Claudia bringing up "biracial" every five minutes and said so during the episode she was introduced on.  However, I haven't seen Claudia air out her biracialness with the girls except for Kenya.  She's been pretty much silent in general and most of her scenes have been goofing off with Kenya.  I think the "biracial" THs were added/not cut to emphasize Nene's "half breed" comments in this episode...because without Claudia explaining her heritage in the THs, Nene's "half breed" comments don't make much sense.

LOL! Edges are your hairline/hair on the side of your head.  When you wear weaves/wigs/lacefronts a lot, sometimes the glue/tension can pull your hair out.  Claudia was saying Nene has no hairline/hair on the side of her head.  Google "Naomi Campbell Edges" to get a visual of what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the explanation, drivethroo, and curses for making me Google "Naomi Campbell Edges".  That is a sight I wish I could unsee!  :-)

I am almost afraid to ask what the fresh hell Nene was talking about re: the clitoris, but I obviously can't help myself anymore.

• Love 4

I don't think Cynthia has the budget for these extras because she is paying all of Peters bills, the bars, as well as her own and their household bills.

At the very beginning of the show, when they had clips from last week's episode, did Cynthia say she was "flattered" when Peter asked her to be part of his newest bar venture?

• Love 5

Every single one of these women gets worse and worse each season and each episode.  Newsflash to any and all cast members  Don't claim to be butt hurt about something when you helped or even shoved that damn stick up your own damn ass.  And don't claim to be fixing the situation by getting even more involved and more heated. You claim to be "removing" the stick?  Then why you shoving in and not just sitting quietly and pulling the damn thing out.  Out.  Not further in.  All you are doing is poking yourself in your brain the way you just keep shoving and shoving it all in.

I really hope someday and someday soon the 4th wall is broken completely.  At both the expense of the master shit stirrers who contrive and encourage grown ass women, adults, acting like this for pay and pretending it is all real and at the participants not only greedy and desperate enough to play but actually think they are aspirational doing so.  I want to see heads knocked down in such shame. 

Nene is as arrogant and entitled as some small time dictator with a boat a single engine plane and a house with two floors.  The best legacy you can hope for is to be the answer on a bar video trivia game a few years from now.  And hope you die broke if you go before the Human Hoverround known as Gregg Leakes.  He will spend your last earned dime on strippers before the gas even lights in whatever cheap ass crematorium he springs for.

Porsha is dumb but she seems to be the only one working the angle for something else.  Too bad she can't have the sense to step back.

Claudia is a dumbass for not recognizing she is coming on board.  Note, you and Porsha are similar in some regards career wise.  But she got demoted.  You just arrived.  And you are at the same damn spot  Stop sitting around giggling as you pretend to blow smoke up Kenya's ass while she does the same.  You will turn on each other for a dime.  Even before a second season is offered to you  So just stop.  Whether pretend or real you are pretending to be gaining altitude and all you are doing is wallowing wallowing wallowing.

Cynthia.  Damn just how broke is her ass.  Peter must have turned the couch cushions over for the last time  I'm betting she checks her balance online the day BRAVO deposits her check.  Weak posturing and all for a dime  Pathetic.

Phaedra.  Go get divorced and then just go away.  Really why do I care about someone who bought used criminal dick? Your whore went to jail and I do think in some way you either helped him go back or you let him go back.  Either way Felonious Sperm Bank and Sad Swagger is gone and you van put the rocks down now.  you aren't just living in a glass house you opened a china shoppe out of it,  Now don't be the bull.

Demetria you are blowing a guy to advance you I suspect.  He likes your tits and you want to be famous.  That is it.  Don't act like you have some kind of relationship if he won't appear with you and squirms like Apollo's sperm when cameras and Kenya is on him about it.

Kenya  Go back to casting calls.  you might have Donald Trump's attention but did you see who you are sharing the boardroom with?  Cynthia is riding you like a non-swimmer wrapped around a life preserver in high seas for that check.  Claudia just wants to be filmed and is waiting for some inner voice that lets her know she is one firm HW casting ground and she'll drop you.  Demetria is terrified of you since you are such an attention whore and need someone else to tear down.  All you are doing is showing the people you want to notice you what an unpleasant person you are who sucks the air out of every room you are in  I will be glad when the join the rest in ignominy.

I'll be reading all of you but I think I am finally truly done watching them.  Not a one has a lick of sense to try and even work the very misfortunes they helped bring upon themselves like other women do.

ETA:  "other women" as in those on other reality shows.  Not women in general.  They do not deserve in any way to be equated with any other women who is not a blatant attention whore.

Edited by heebiejeebie
  • Love 15
One great point Claudia made in her TH was that she wants none of the things Nene brags about having. Bags and shoes and stupid shit. She's so common.

And a husband who's basically a slave. I loved when she said something about - "Someone should let Gregg know slavery has ended". 

• Love 7

So I guess my next question is this....

If Nene is so terrible for saying Claudia is a half breed then why isn't Claudia just as bad for the slavery comments against Gregg?

I think both comments were ignorant and disgusting if I'm being honest.

• Love 3

"the Human Hoverround known as Gregg Leakes"

"Peter must have turned the couch cushions over for the last time"

"Felonious Sperm Bank and Sad Swagger" (Apollo)

heebiejeebie - I DIE (but not before worshipping at your altar).  :-)

• Love 6

If Nene is so terrible for saying Claudia is a half breed then why isn't Claudia just as bad for the slavery comments against Gregg?

I think both comments were ignorant and disgusting if I'm being honest.

Claudia cannot do anything about her heritage. Gregg, on the other hand, can grow a pair and refuse to be a purse jockey. That's just my opinion, I wasn't offended by the slavery comment due to the fact Gregg has chosen that place in his home, it wasn't forced on him against his will. He wants NeNe happy. Would you want her pissed off at you?

• Love 16

Considering the insult slavery was period, I would think using it to describe someone else would also be considered a racial slur especially the way Claudia used it.  So if I'm gonna make a judgment against Nene for the half breed comment then Claudia also gets it for the slavery comment.  

Which I guess is neither here nor there considering I think both of them are complete idiots.

And I don't think it matters if Nene's used it in the past, she didn't seem offended that Claudia used it just as Claudia didn't seem offended that Nene called her a half breed.  But it sure offended viewers, like me.  So that's why I was asking why one was considered worse than the other.  

• Love 1

Nene seems to have a serious problem with Claudia because she couldn't act as if she was better with her"trump" checks. Claudia has been on the Apprentice what twice? She seems jealous, bitter, and insecure. Calling her a slut and talking about her cooch. Nene was too bothered! I was truly happy to see Kenya got a night off from the mean girls coming for her!

• Love 6

It got chaotic there at the end, but did Nene seriously call Claudia a "half breed"??? If so, I'm surprised Claudia didn't go over the table. Nene has got to be the most foul woman in the history of this show, and I'm embarrassed she used to be my favorite. 

I've noticed that every season, I generally like NeNe, but by the middle of the season, she does or says something to make me dislike her. It seems like this happens every season.

And while on the subject! I thought Kenya's "claim to fame" was that her hair was all hers, all natural.  No weaves.  Is that not right? 

I thought being a former Miss America was Kenya's claim to fame.

• Love 1

Duke2801, on 12 Jan 2015 - 07:07 AM, said:

And while on the subject! I thought Kenya's "claim to fame" was that her hair was all hers, all natural.  No weaves.  Is that not right?

And here I thought it was her "Gone With the Wind fabulous" twirling.

• Love 2

I guess old habits die hard. I cannot believe that Phaedra would go back to the old "at least I have a huzzbin" well. At this time. With that husband. Demetria may not have locked down Roger Bobb, but turning Felonious Spunk into a father and a huzzbin was no great accomplishment. I wouldn't be crowing about being married if I were Phaedra, especially after putting Apollo on blast that he ruined her good name and reputation.

• Love 7

Someone called into Andy's show and mentioned that comment and Andy basically had no reaction. Andy covers Nene's behind all the time. I'm sick of it and he lets her get away with everything.

That he does.  He called Joe Guidice to task more than once for the gay comment he made at the dance thing with Danielle.  He called Teresa out on Joe's comments as well.  Nene - he brings it up, she asks him if she should kiss his a**, he says no, and its the end.

• Love 7

I've noticed that every season, I generally like NeNe, but by the middle of the season, she does or says something to make me dislike her. It seems like this happens every season.

Miss USA, but it don't matter either way.

• Love 3

And here I thought it was her "Gone With the Wind fabulous" twirling.

And *I* thought it was her "stallion booty". 

• Love 3

Yes Andy never let Joe Guidice live down his gay comment, which I didn't even feel was offensive.  Joe clearly has no problem with gays.  Can you imagine if Lisa Vanderpump called someone a half breed?  Nene made a real asshole of herself.  Nene is not doing well going head to head with articulate, intelligent women who don't just scream about clits coming out of bodies.  Claudia completely owned her and it was awesome.  Words are words but Nene was the first one to accuse Kim Z of being a slaveowner and imply she was racist, so I hope she gets taken to task for her ignorant comments.

But as a previous poster said, it looks like next week they are playing 'pass the sex toy' so I guess no hard feelings.

• Love 7

Probably for the same reasons everyone thinks everyone is being manipulated by Nene.  Kenya is manipulative as is Nene and those being manipulated by them....Cynthia....have shown they have no spine so it is easily believable they would be manipulated.

I  feel that Nene and Kenya are cut from the same cloth. They approach things a little differently but both demand to be center of attention at all times, or most of it, and they each have to be top HW of their group. They both nasty IMO.

• Love 4

Um, Demetria was not speaking to Nene so why was Nene speaking?

Why does Nene think that everyone is being manipulated by Kenya?  Cynthia and Claudia seem to be operating on their own so I don't know why Nene thinks that Kenya is putting them up to anything.  Now, Kenya could have just listened to Demetria's comments without telling her anything about Phaedra, but Demetria chose to confront Phaedra at the table and that confrontation is Demetria's style.  She essentially did the same thing to Kenya when she confronted Kenya about Roger Bob.

While Phaedra's analysis of Demetria was correct IMO, no one asked her and she of all people needs to keep quiet about someone's relationship.  She threw shade in Demetria's direction and she can miss me with the innocent act.  Demetria laid her out with the 8 years in common comment.  Phaedra thinks a ring from a convicted felon is better than no ring.  Okay.

I know these shows thrive on drama, but it would have been nice if they had gotten along for once on one of these trips.  The subtle shade when they were in their small groups was fine; I just wish they had a nice dinner with some good girl talk without all of that rudeness and disrespect of each other.

Nene is always talking about her pockets, but I notice that she did not pull out her wallet to upgrade her room since she thought it was not big enough.  Folks with money don't talk, they show.

ToukieSmith, all of this. If I could have hit that thumbs up button five times, I would have!

• Love 1
I really hope someday and someday soon the 4th wall is broken completely.  At both the expense of the master shit stirrers who contrive and encourage grown ass women, adults, acting like this for pay and pretending it is all real and at the participants not only greedy and desperate enough to play but actually think they are aspirational doing so.  I want to see heads knocked down in such shame.

I agree with this, but the truth is many people believe that you're nobody unless you're on TV and they'd do anything to get on TV.

• Love 5

I agree with this, but the truth is many people believe that you're nobody unless you're on TV and they'd do anything to get on TV.

These women, all of the HWs/shows, will just claim that they are great actors if and when that 4th wall is ever truly broken instead of hanging their collective heads in shame! LOL

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 2

I really don't think Claudia would've said anything to Nene until Nene came at Claudia with the Rickey Smiley dig. At that point, I think Claudia figured the gloves were off.

And damn another dildo episode? I get that Kandi is in the sex toy trade, but seriously, enough already.

Nene is always talking about her pockets, but I notice that she did not pull out her wallet to upgrade her room since she thought it was not big enough. Folks with money don't talk, they show.

And that's exactly what Lisa Vanderpump did on BH's vacation i think. And then she left without telling anybody. Ha! To be rich. Edited by charmed1
  • Love 4

I really don't think Claudia would've said anything to Nene until Nene came at Claudia with the Rickey Smiley dig. At that point, I think Claudia figured the gloves were off.

And damn another dildo episode? I get that Kandi is in the sex toy trade, but seriously, enough already.

I do not understand what Nene even meant by the Rickey Smiley dig. Her bestie Porsha works for him too.

• Love 1

Felonious Spunk

Bowing deeply. (I swear, I cannot read today.  Original credit was correct.  Sorry, hunterhunted.  It was you all along. I'm an idiot.)

ETA:  proper proper attribution.

Edited by Mondrianyone
  • Love 3

Like I said, people will and say and do any and everything to get on TV, especially Nene.  She acts that way because she knows that people will be talking about her. The worst thing that can happen to Nene Leakes is no one talking about her, good or bad.

Hate to admit it but watching Kenya, Claudia and Cynthia do anything is zzzzz......I don't like those girls; they act like the girls in high school who were nasty because they knew they were cute and knew they could get away with anything; and Cynthia is starting to look rough around the edges, I guess being married to Peter/menopause is taking its toll.  

I'd rather be married to Greg Leakes than Apollo or Peter and that's mighty sad.

• Love 6

Nene is probably thinking that being a Broadway and television actress is far superior to a radio show.  I see the Rickey Smiley crew on Dish Nation everyday and they are way funnier than Nene wishes she could ever be (Porsha included, she's pretty good on the show, much as it pains me to admit).  All Nene can do is yell "HEFFA" and "DEEELDO" when she's backed into a corner.

• Love 4

I'd much rather watch Kenya, Claudia, and (somewhat) Cynthia than Nene, Phadrea, and Porsha. At least they laugh and have a good time. They make tons of digs like the others but they are funny and light hearted. Nene and the rest of her crew just seem, tired, bitter, and very mean... #Team Twirl every day all day!

• Love 19

Is something supposed to be wrong with working for Rickey Smiley? Isn't Nene all about the checks?

Hee. I think this would've been the perfect response to Nene. She probably would say she has so many checks delivered to her house, she doesn't have the time to open them.
  • Love 4

Hee. I think this would've been the perfect response to Nene. She probably would say she has so many checks delivered to her house, she doesn't have the time to open them.

You're probably right. I am all about women being empowered and getting their checks, but I'd love to watch Nene get a reality check. Her fall will be glorious and well deserved. Maybe that will humble her enough to be grateful and not entitled!
  • Love 5

So is Kandi contractually obligated to mention giving head or show off a sex toy in every episode! Seems like that's all she does anymore. I am not a nun but can they please curb the fellatio talk a little. I do not want any mental images about what these womens sex lives are like.

• Love 14

Lying Kenya always swears her hair is all hers. She has stated and bragged repeatedly and proudly on WWHL (because Andy is always bringing it up)she does not use weaves or peices. I don't believe her. 

Brandi, the "truth cannon", said on WWHL that it's not all Kenya's hair because they got their hair done together during Celebrity Apprentice taping and she saw "the pieces."

Edited by ExplainItAgain
  • Love 1

Like I said, people will and say and do any and everything to get on TV, especially Nene.  She acts that way because she knows that people will be talking about her. The worst thing that can happen to Nene Leakes is no one talking about her, good or bad.

Hate to admit it but watching Kenya, Claudia and Cynthia do anything is zzzzz......I don't like those girls; they act like the girls in high school who were nasty because they knew they were cute and knew they could get away with anything; and Cynthia is starting to look rough around the edges, I guess being married to Peter/menopause is taking its toll.  

I'd rather be married to Greg Leakes than Apollo or Peter and that's mighty sad.

i blow a loaded gun if those were my options.

And I do agree about staying on tv.  What I want is the overall notion that anyone who is famous for being famous via a reality show has to battle much more than they do to do red carpets or bobble their heads on other television media venues.   i do think it will happen.  I'm just sad and cynical that it might take decades instead of the five years ago it should have.

Is something supposed to be wrong with working for Rickey Smiley? Isn't Nene all about the checks?

Both Porsha and Claudia are smart in that regards  Both are raising their visibility in the entertainment world with those jobs, getting paid and meeting people they can network with in hopes of using that increased visibility.  Day after day.  How long does Nene's current entertainment jobs last?  How long was she looking Sesame Street one of these things is not like the other with Cirque?  On Braodway?  Both Claudia and Porsha have jobs.  Nene shows up here and there like the Lippizaners or leap year.  If both women can keep themselves working as they are both can wave to Nene as the bank comes to take her toys away.

• Love 7

Brandi, the "truth cannon", said on WWHL that it's not all Kenya's hair because they got their hair done together during Celebrity Apprentice taping and she saw "the pieces."

Kenya has proven she has her own thick, beautiful long hair, but I am positive she wears weaves and pieces from time to time. It keeps her hair healthy from all the heat damage. Brandy can really have all the seats with her stringy very badly weaved up hair!

• Love 13

I just have to say, Claudia is my new hero. I wasn't sure what to think of her at first, especially being friends with Kenya. But when she point blank asked Nene to spell "bridesmaids", she won over my evil, black heart! And then, and then....it gets even better! Ramen head??? I'm dying. Literally. Call an ambulance. 

Totally agree with your comments above.  Loved Claudia's ramen noodles reference.  As soon as I heard that I wanted to scream out loud "YES, YES, that's what her hair looks like"!!    Then, she floored me with the "bridemaids" comment.  I hope she keeps it coming - or should I say, I hope "she keeps it real"? 

• Love 7

Kenya has proven she has her own thick, beautiful long hair, but I am positive she wears weaves and pieces from time to time. It keeps her hair healthy from all the heat damage. Brandy can really have all the seats with her stringy very badly weaved up hair!

Thank you! When Kenya takes the pieces out, she has a beautiful, healthy mane. If there was a sudden worldwide shortage of Brazilian weave bundles, Kenya would be alright.

Brandi on the other hand? That girl's hair system is more complicated than Christian Bale's in American Hustle. She's got a dude living in her house to glue it all in every day, and she's STILL a mess.

Edited by Lakewood27
  • Love 14

I have intensely disliked Nene since day one; now I just fuckin' hate her.

Me too my dear.  I thought I may have been the only one.  I have never understood why anyone ever liked her, even from day one.  I just figured "to each his/her own".  I hope her true spirit is starting to be noticed by more people, especially those in the hiring divisions.

• Love 5
I just have to say, Claudia is my new hero. I wasn't sure what to think of her at first, especially being friends with Kenya. But when she point blank asked Nene to spell "bridesmaids", she won over my evil, black heart! And then, and then....it gets even better! Ramen head??? I'm dying. Literally. Call an ambulance.

I don't get it.  It's fine if Claudia makes fun of someone but bad if Nene does it?  I don't get it.  Wasn't Claudia Jordan one of those "models" on Deal or no Deal, or was it Price is Right?  

I'd rather have Claudia insult Nene than her go on and on about how hard it is to be biracial, and how her mother never says she loves her.  Cry me a river, girl.  

• Love 3

I don't get it. It's fine if Claudia makes fun of someone but bad if Nene does it? I don't get it. Wasn't Claudia Jordan one of those "models" on Deal or no Deal, or was it Price is Right?

I'd rather have Claudia insult Nene than her go on and on about how hard it is to be biracial, and how her mother never says she loves her. Cry me a river, girl.

The difference is Nene came for Claudia for no reason. Nene should have kept her mouth shut, but Claudia not only read her but gave Nene her mouth to put in her pocket and leave! BYE

• Love 11

Agreed. Prior to that Claudia was just expressing her displeasure at how people at the table, in general, were acting. It wasn't until Nene made her little quip that Claudia zeroed in on her. 

• Love 6

"The s is not silent."

Where do I go, physically, to worship at the Church of Claudia?  HOLY SHIT.

Porsha thinks she's adorable with her $80,000 purses?  Gob Bluth would tell that tiara-wearing, Cocker Spaniel-haired, character-free idiot to come correct:

Porsha and Nene need to investigate things like bob hairstyles in colors found in nature and some continuing education.  I'm only sad that it took seasons of Dum and Dee on this show before Claudia arrived to bring some balance and additional IQ points to the mix.

• Love 9

I'll admit, Sunday is my wash and condition night, so I may have missed it, but I've only heard Claudia mention being biracial maybe twice. When she was first introduced and when her mother and grandmother visited, which made sense to me. Other than that, I've seen it mentioned in this forum many more times than I've actually heard her talk about it.

• Love 11

I do not like Nene, never have, never will but that said.........Kenya and Claudia were brought onto the show for nothing more than drama and made up drama at that. With the other HWs we know about them, their families and their real/private lives, the same can not be said of Kenya and Claudia. Neither really live full time in the Atlanta area or even in the state of Georgia, there is no real connection to the area other than Bravo. I am even suspect of Claudia's job on Dish Nation Radio show at this point, who lives without furniture? LOL How real is the "friendship" between her and Kenya, how "real" was it before she joined the show? Both newbies have acting backgrounds, Kenya had an acting background as well, that alone makes their "team" suspect IMO.

• Love 4