Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E10: Puerto Read-Co!

• Start Topic

Good for you, Lupita! Because you know if you took the picture w/ Kenya, it would be on her twitter feed, describing Kenya and her "good friend Lupita."

As much as I enjoy Kenya on RHOA, if I were Lupita I wouldn't be taking any pictures with her either, lol. The fangirl  Kenya was probably hurt but the reality star Kenya should have understood and just kept it moving without comment.

• Love 1

I agree but there are limitations when the "product" is yourself, LOL. So far, outside CA, Kenya has not "sold" her "product" and she came from a professional acting background, I would have expected more acting gigs from this show by now. It is possible that Kenya has burned far too many bridges in Hollywood with her aggressive, know it all attitude.

I agree with this.  Almost everyone on the show except Kenya and Claudia is selling or promoting something other than themselves. 

1.  Demetria is promoting her singing career and has had numerous recent acting gigs

2.  Kandi actually is writing for other groups and singers; she's always promoting her bedroom Kandi and her Kandi Koated Nights show and at one point had two separate reality shows that had nothing to do with RHOA

3.  Porsha is forever promoting her Naked Hair line, she is launching a lingerie line, promoting her singing career, appearing on a network show that had nothing to do with RHOA, and every thing she wears she promotes the company that sell it

4.  Nene is just everywhere on talk shows and other shows that had nothing to do with RHOA, she is promoting her clothing line, selling tee shirts, getting acting gigs and has written a book

5.  Phaedra has her law practice; selling tee shirts, stun guns, and her exercise video; on tour promoting her book

6.  Cynthia is at least trying to jump start her modelling career and get it back on track.  Right now, her model school business is closed and she has plans to reopen

7. Kenya has been talking about what she is going to do.  her exercise video didn't fair very well; the only network show she has garnered is CA; she has been on a few talk shows regarding RHOA

8. Claudia is on the RS show ....

I don't include WWHL with these as everyone gets their chance there after an episode featuring them

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

I agree with this.  Almost everyone on the show except Kenya and Claudia is selling or promoting something other than themselves. 

1.  Demetria is promoting her singing career and has had numerous recent acting gigs

2.  Kandi actually is writing for other groups and singers; she always promoting her bedroom Kandi and her Kandi Koated Nights show

3.  Porsha is forever promoting her Naked Hair line, she is launching a lingerie line, promoting her singing career, appearing on a network show, and every thing she wears she promotes the company what sell it

4.  Nene is just everywhere on talk shows and other shows, she is promoting her clothing line, selling teeshirts, getting acting gigs and has written a book

5.  Phaedra has her law practice; selling teeshirts, stunguns, and her exercise video; on tour promoting her book

6.  Cynthia is at least trying to jump start her modelling career

Kenya has been talking about what she is going to do.  her exercise video didn't fair very well; the only network show she has garnered is CA

Claudia is on the RS show....

It is surprising that neither Kenya or Claudia has gotten a guest shot on a talk show like the rest of the women. Has either been asked to appear on the View, that show seems to have hosted most of the HWs from all the HW shows at 1 point or another, or any other daytime talk show? I think Kenya was on the WW show once but that would have been it as far as I can remember.

• Love 1

For Kenya, according to IMDB, she's been on Steve Harvey, Anderson Live, Bethenny, Arsenio, Wendy Williams....did not see The View. The list must be fairly up to date as it includes Celebrity Apprentice. 

For Claudia, I didn't see any talk shows.  None.

It is surprising that neither Kenya or Claudia has gotten a guest shot on a talk show like the rest of the women. Has either been asked to appear on the View, that show seems to have hosted most of the HWs from all the HW shows at 1 point or another, or any other daytime talk show? I think Kenya was on the WW show once but that would have been it as far as I can remember.

I agree but there are limitations when the "product" is yourself, LOL. So far, outside CA, Kenya has not "sold" her "product" and she came from a professional acting background, I would have expected more acting gigs from this show by now. It is possible that Kenya has burned far too many bridges in Hollywood with her aggressive, know it all attitude.

I wondered about this too.  She was Miss USA and I would think that title would open a lot of doors.  She doesn't have a Vanessa Williams type of career, and Vanessa Williams had to give up her crown because of those nude pictures.

• Love 2

Vanessa Williams can sing-ish.  lol.  Andplusalso she's reported to be a super nice lady to work with.  

on the Rickey Smiley show, when asked about the snub, Porsha said she (Lupita) probably didn't know who Kenya was.  Even though I thought she was serving that from the shady side of the street, I think that the girl had a legitimate point.

• Love 2

For Kenya, according to IMDB, she's been on Steve Harvey, Anderson Live, Bethenny, Arsenio, Wendy Williams....did not see The View. The list must be fairly up to date as it includes Celebrity Apprentice. 

For Claudia, I didn't see any talk shows.  None.

LOL, 3 of those shows were cancelled. I forgot about the Bethenny appearance, Kenya was awful IMO.

• Love 2

I wondered about this too.  She was Miss USA and I would think that title would open a lot of doors.  She doesn't have a Vanessa Williams type of career, and Vanessa Williams had to give up her crown because of those nude pictures.

IMO, Vanessa never needed to be Miss America.  She would have been successful because of her talent and her persistence.  She has hit records and she has starred in hit movies and TV shows fairly recently.  I think things have slowed down for her in the last couple of years so she is doing Broadway which is her first love.

IMO, she is always #winning.

• Love 3

.Her very first record was a number one hit and she made other hits after that.  She is also a very accomplished actress as well.

Lol! I know girl, I'm not shading her I just mean she sings. That's not the same as being a sing-ER. Janet Jackson made a bajillion dollars and a gang of #1s with her voice but she aint a singer. It's that. Mileage, though.

• Love 5

Me too my dear.  I thought I may have been the only one.  I have never understood why anyone ever liked her, even from day one.  I just figured "to each his/her own".  I hope her true spirit is starting to be noticed by more people, especially those in the hiring divisions.

What made me truly lol was when Nene was deciding which Broadway play to be in and her agent tells her to take the wicked stepmother part and play against type. Then Nene agrees and describes herself as a nice person! Say what Nene must have been pulling the audience's legs....yank yank!!!

Loved her in the beginning but slowly she's systematically poisoned the well. Though I'm sure their are plenty of fans who love her...I'm just not feeling her anymore.

• Love 2

.Her very first record was a number one hit and she made other hits after that.  She is also a very accomplished actress as well.

If I remember correctly, I believe her dad was a music teacher so she had a solid music foundation - also a good manager/promoter.

sorry, off topic

No, if the others really had active careers outside this show before joining, I am referring to Kenya and Claudia only, they would not be on this show. They are on this show because they had no income, no other job when they signed the contract to become a Bravo HW.

Both Nene and Porsha have gotten jobs outside the HW show based solely on their roles on the show, they stepped up. Both Kenya and Claudia were already professional actors before joining this show, they stepped down! 

What product has either Kenya, in her 3 seasons on this show, or Claudia in her first season on this show, promoting? I have yet to see any "product". JS

well, there's that bootleg version of Phaedra's fitness video.