Type keyword(s) to search

Trailers & New Movies: Coming Soon to a Cinema Near You!

• Start Topic

Annhilation was supposed to come out today here in Australia, but somehow it got bumped for two weeks and even then only on Netflix. I know I should go and see Black Panther instead, I just haven't been able to work up any excitement for it.

1 hour ago, Joe said:

Annhilation was supposed to come out today here in Australia, but somehow it got bumped for two weeks and even then only on Netflix. I know I should go and see Black Panther instead, I just haven't been able to work up any excitement for it.

Yes. Go and see Black Panther. Strong women, a well-crafted story and the best Marvel villain yet, imo, make it a movie worth seeing in theatres.

• Love 4

Has anyone gone to see a movie with closed captions and audio description? I'm guessing the captions are on screen, but is the description played over the movie's regular audio, or are there headphones? All the Black Panther showings for the next week have this happening.

9 hours ago, Joe said:

Has anyone gone to see a movie with closed captions and audio description? I'm guessing the captions are on screen, but is the description played over the movie's regular audio, or are there headphones? All the Black Panther showings for the next week have this happening.

At my local theatre conglomerate (one company runs pretty much all the first-run theatres) it's via headphones -- almost all screenings have "Closed Captioning / Descriptive Services" (CC/DS) available -- you'd never know if you weren't looking for it.

2 hours ago, dusang said:

At my local theatre conglomerate (one company runs pretty much all the first-run theatres) it's via headphones -- almost all screenings have "Closed Captioning / Descriptive Services" (CC/DS) available -- you'd never know if you weren't looking for it.

Thanks.

On 3/7/2018 at 12:10 PM, VCRTracking said:

This was a better trailer. At first I was afraid they were going to make Tully a platonic Manic Pixie Dream Girl for Charlize, but this trailer makes it seem like she's an actual person.

• Love 1
On 3/6/2018 at 9:22 AM, Spartan Girl said:

So the trailer for this one just dropped:

Goddammit, I have to see this.  You will be the death of me, Disney.

I never really noticed it in the cartoons but seeing it in the trailer, Christopher Robin being British and Pooh speaking with an American accent is odd.

2 minutes ago, AimingforYoko said:

This was a better trailer. At first I was afraid they were going to make Tully a platonic Manic Pixie Dream Girl for Charlize, but this trailer makes it seem like she's an actual person.

I like Charlize and Mackenzie Davis' interactions in the second trailer too.

A couple of weeks ago, there was a tweet going around saying that Ready Player One was our Black Panther. Our, being nerds. But the thing is, no. I saw a movie that had the absolute king of a phlebotinum-powered nation dress up in a cat suit and chase down a man with a cybernetic arm gun. It's based on a comic! If that isn't aimed at nerds, I don't know what is.

Also, I don't like too much fanservice. From all that I've heard, RP1 seems like a whole bunch of pop-culture references smushed together with a story tacked on. And half the references are things I've never cared about in the first place. So, no thanks.

Okay, if a movie had Captain Picard walk on board the Millenium Falcon. I would go see that movie twice a day. Forever.

Hotel Artemis: kind of feels like its connected to the John Wick universe with the whole "hotel for criminals", but Sterling K. Brown, Dave Bautista, and Sofia Boutella?  Yeah, I'm so watching that!

The Equalizer 2: 

Spoiler

I'm pretty sure when Pedro Pascal was cast, he was announced as the villain, so judging from this, he's going to be the friendly agent for the majority of the film, and then go "It was me all along, Denzel!" evil at the end.  Between this and Kingsman 2, I hope he doesn't get typecast in this type of role.

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Hotel Artemis: kind of feels like its connected to the John Wick universe with the whole "hotel for criminals", but Sterling K. Brown, Dave Bautista, and Sofia Boutella?  Yeah, I'm so watching that!

That's exactly what I said.  I thought that it looked like someone saw the hotel in the John Wick movie and thought "Damn, that'd be a great movie--how can we do something similar without looking like we're copying the idea?"  And my husband, son and I want to see it, too. 

• Love 4

They actually are making a movie about the "assassin hotel" from the John Wick movies.  Not sure how far in development it is, but it is coming.  There may have been talk of doing it as a tv show as well.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

They actually are making a movie about the "assassin hotel" from the John Wick movies.  Not sure how far in development it is, but it is coming.  There may have been talk of doing it as a tv show as well.

See, I've heard that they are doing a tv show, but haven't heard anything about a movie.  I'm fine with either one!

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

See, I've heard that they are doing a tv show, but haven't heard anything about a movie.  I'm fine with either one!

You're right it is a tv show.

• Love 1

Trailer for The Predator. I'm a big fan of all three Predator movies, but this one so far doesn't fill me with excitement. Amusingly, Olivia Munn's character picks up a gun to protect the kid. But traditionally, predators have only gone for armed foes. She's not making a good move there.

Spike Lee's movie looks SO GOOD!! And by the way, it just got an ecstatic reaction from its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. They're saying it's his best movie in decades!

• Love 2