Type keyword(s) to search

Meet the Parents: Gil and Kelly Jo Bates

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Her kneecap looks like a giant, misshapen calf. Evan is a horrible photographer if these are the best shots he got.

Truly hideous.

• Like 1

Evan is a mediocre photographer, but I think that is her calf, seen at an angle from above. The angle is misleading. 

I came to this conclusion thanks to a mirror and my own leg, so take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Her kneecap looks like a giant, misshapen calf. Evan is a horrible photographer if these are the best shots he got.

It's crazy because with all the money fans swear BSB is raking in (snort) you'd think they could afford more professional shoots. Kelly's an attractive woman, but she always looks like she just rolled out of bed. If this is the best they can do with her, then they really need to hire a better plus-sized model. They're missing a prime opportunity to show you can look great at any age and size. 

• Like 5
24 minutes ago, AstridM said:

And WTF is going on with her legs in the first picture? Yikes. 

WTF is up with her left arm? Yikes again. 

Her skin does not look good -- mottled and maybe some sores. I hope that is Evan's shitty photography and not a reflection of her actual skin. 

• Like 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's crazy because with all the money fans swear BSB is raking in (snort) you'd think they could afford more professional shoots. Kelly's an attractive woman, but she always looks like she just rolled out of bed. If this is the best they can do with her, then they really need to hire a better plus-sized model. They're missing a prime opportunity to show you can look great at any age and size. 

The clothes don't help. Who puts horizontal stripes on a p!us sized woman? Whitney, as chief buyer, doesn't know shit about style.

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 7
5 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Nah, she's leading with her knee. Her leg is angling backwards. I compared to her other calf and realized that if the left one was that much bigger she should see her doctor.

No, that's not correct. The widest part you see is her calf. Her knee is partly under that ugly dress. The angles are awful and end up making her look bigger than she is. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The clothes don't help. Who pits horizontal stripes on a p!us sized woman? Whitney, as chief buyer, doesn't know shit about style.

Oh, I agree. Horizontal stripes, chunky tiers and ruffles don't flatter fuller figures. None of these girls know anything about styling or fashion. They're just coasting off D-list celebrity. 

• Like 8

Those are 3 of the ugliest dresses I have seen lately. Who would wear those? They look cheap and won't hold any shape....they already look like they are stretching out of shape on Kelly. I agree that Kelly doesn't look very good in those photos. She really needs a good makeover and a wardrobe overhaul...lose those awful denim skirts etc. She can still be modest yet look well dressed.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1

Looking at other pics of clothes models and IGs, I think the bent leg think is supposed to be shot from the side, not full-on. But Evan thinking he's the next Annie Leibovitz, shoots the 'models' while in motion. He might want to rethink that.

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
1 hour ago, Dehumidifier said:

Bring back nylon stocking with dresses. Look at the first picture to see why they should be worn, certainly by women over 40.

Unfortunately, those wouldn’t cover her mottled arms. 

• Like 3

Kelly needs to lose the ruffles.  They look ridiculous on her.  The colors of the clothes (and I use that term loosely) do her no favors, but her hair and makeup are contributing to the issues.  The brown lipstick is not good on someone with her coloring.  With all those people floating around, someone should be able to help her look her best since they want to sell these clothes.  That white background also washes her out.  Evan needs to work on his skills.  It is not the brag he thinks it is that he has never taken any classes.  He needs them desperately if he wants to make a living at this.

Going back to the graduation, it really bugged me that Kelly said Isaiah was still thankful despite that fact that she completely blew off his graduation.  What exactly is he thankful to her for?  She did nothing.  Also, it looks like Law and Tiff broke the bank on the root beer and greeting card they gave him.  Michael must have not been answering her phone since Carlin had to step in and order cheap pizza and throw together a party for Isaiah.  And where exactly is Gil in all of this?  Out giving another hateful sermon?

• Like 11
(edited)
51 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Unfortunately, those wouldn’t cover her mottled arms. 

They actually make makeup for that kind of stuff.  Sally Hansen has a product called 'Airbrushed Legs' that is a spray on makeup to cover veiny legs and such.  Works pretty good, don't ask how I know.

Why not photoshop the pics?  It's not hard.

Taking a picture of an already kinda short squat woman from above so her legs look even shorter and sqatter should be against the law.

As a chubby chick who wears horizontal stripes,  they may make me or Kelly look 10 lbs heavier, but at our weight, 10 lbs is not going to make much difference, so, I say wear what you want.  However, I will say a solid jacket or sweater over horizontal stripes or a pendant to draw attention to the midline does mitigate the effect.

Whoever thought that putting a middle aged women in too many ruffles and have her tug at her clothing like a bashful toddler was not thinking straight.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 12

Folks,

Quick reminder - there are terrible photos of Kelly in cheap, ill-fitting clothing.  The photos make everything about her look bad: hair, skin, legs, arms, . . . .  You can comment on how she looks in the photos.  Do not take that to shaming her for things she cannot change about her body or her age. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

They actually make makeup for that kind of stuff.  Sally Hansen has a product called 'Airbrushed Legs' that is a spray on makeup to cover veiny legs and such.  Works pretty good, don't ask how I know.

Why not photoshop the pics?  It's not hard.

Taking a picture of an already kinda short squat woman from above so her legs look even shorter and sqatter should be against the law.

As a chubby chick who wears horizontal stripes,  they may make me or Kelly look 10 lbs heavier, but at our weight, 10 lbs is not going to make much difference, so, I say wear what you want.  However, I will say a solid jacket or sweater over horizontal stripes or a pendant to draw attention to the midline does mitigate the effect.

Whoever thought that putting a middle aged women in too many ruffles and have her tug at her clothing like a bashful toddler was not thinking straight.

She had to tug on the maxi dress because it would have otherwise been a puddle on the ground. I guess BSB doesn't do petites. 

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

She had to tug on the maxi dress because it would have otherwise been a puddle on the ground. I guess BSB doesn't do petites. 

They don’t do petites? The whole family is short, including the men. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
14 minutes ago, AstridM said:

They don’t do petites? The whole family is short, including the men. 

It is tough to find petites, especially in some sizes, in the cheap-clothes market. I wear petite sizes. If stores have anything in my size, it's either granny wear or juniors wear. I am neither. 

Evan definitely needs to work on his photography skills. I think my midrange iPhone could do better. 

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, Heathen said:

It is tough to find petites, especially in some sizes, in the cheap-clothes market. I wear petite sizes. If stores have anything in my size, it's either granny wear or juniors wear. I am neither. 

Evan definitely needs to work on his photography skills. I think my midrange iPhone could do better. 

Most of their stuff seems to be cheap Chinese-made junior wear. It’s just ugly!

• Like 5
(edited)

Bates must be feeling pretty uneasy today. The trailer for the documentary re IBLP is up - linked on People's homepage. Starring Jill Duggar and Derick - among others who've left IBLP. I know the Bates justify it in their own heads as - so what it's the Duggars not us - but pretty sure Gil was/is on IBLP's board, Brandon works for IBLP, Gothard attended Chad/Erin's wedding and had a birthday cake at the wedding etc.

I'm sure Carlin, Josie, Alyssa, and Zach are too worldly to admit it but the ties were there through and through - and unlike Jill or Jinger, they haven't even come out and said - this was our parents, not us, we grew up and realized it was a cult.

I guess Carlin's too busy talking about her toes and toasting her boutique with sparkling water as she pretends to have a sophisticated garden party/picnic with her BSB besties . . . .

Edited by cereality
IBLP edited
  • Like 10
  • Sad 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, cereality said:

Bates must be feeling pretty uneasy today. The trailer for the documentary re IBLP is up - linked on People's homepage. Starring Jill Duggar and Derick - among others who've left IBLP. I know the Bates justify it in their own heads as - so what it's the Duggars not us - but pretty sure Gil was/is on IBLP's board, Brandon works for IBLP, Gothard attended Chad/Erin's wedding and had a birthday cake at the wedding etc.

I'm sure Carlin, Josie, Alyssa, and Zach are too worldly to admit it but the ties were there through and through - and unlike Jill or Jinger, they haven't even come out and said - this was our parents, not us, we grew up and realized it was a cult.

I guess Carlin's too busy talking about her toes and toasting her boutique with sparkling water as she pretends to have a sophisticated garden party/picnic with her BSB besties . . . .

I watched the trailer (and I will watch the first installment after work). I could have sworn I saw some Bateses in passing. 

If Gil and Kelly have any sense (which is doubtful), they should be very nervous right now. 

ETA: The first installment is June 2. I guess I'll watch it in two weeks, then. 

Edited by Heathen
  • Like 5
9 minutes ago, Heathen said:

I watched the trailer (and I will watch the first installment after work). I could have sworn I saw some Bateses in passing. 

If Gil and Kelly have any sense (which is doubtful), they should be very nervous right now. 

ETA: The first installment is June 2. I guess I'll watch it in two weeks, then. 

I don't recognize the Bates kids from when they were really young - but people on Reddit are repeatedly saying that one of the shots is of a teenage Michael carrying 2 younger Bates kids and another shot is of an elementary aged Josie walking next to Michael.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
8 minutes ago, cereality said:

I don't recognize the Bates kids from when they were really young - but people on Reddit are repeatedly saying that one of the shots is of a teenage Michael carrying 2 younger Bates kids and another shot is of an elementary aged Josie walking next to Michael.

According to Reddit (I know, I know), there is also a shot of one of the younger Bates daughters. Their names all sound alike so don't ask me which one. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

According to Reddit (I know, I know), there is also a shot of one of the younger Bates daughters. Their names all sound alike so don't ask me which one. 

They all look alike, too. Yawn.

• Like 4
15 hours ago, AstridM said:

They all look alike, too. Yawn.

There was a shot where there was a group pic of Gothard surrounded by mainly girls.  I spied Erin, Alyssa, Tori and maybe one other.  There were a few incel looking boys in the photo as well.

• Like 3

Speaking of pics of Gothard surrounded by girls, there is a really creepy pic that I think was taken in the 70s of him sitting in one of those fan chairs manspreading and surrounded by all these lookalike cult girls.  The look on his face is truly revolting.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Meow Mix said:

Speaking of pics of Gothard surrounded by girls, there is a really creepy pic that I think was taken in the 70s of him sitting in one of those fan chairs manspreading and surrounded by all these lookalike cult girls.  The look on his face is truly revolting.

I saw that pic and I agree it was disgusting. He was posed like a sultan surrounded by his harem. I can't even imagine the stuff that's gone on that hasn't even been exposed. 

• Like 6

Wonder what KJ&G will be doing on the 2nd of June? 😬😁

Hell I wonder what all the Bates, Duggars and even the Rods will be doing that night. Time to dust off the maps and pop the popcorn.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)
40 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hell I wonder what all the Bates, Duggars and even the Rods will be doing that night. Time to dust off the maps and pop the popcorn.

Jill will certainly watch with glee. It will prove to her that the shunning by the Duggars doesn't really matter because they're sinners. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
On 5/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, GeeGolly said:

What's going on?  I think I missed this.  Tia

2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

What's going on?  I think I missed this.  Tia

Amazon is releasing the documentary about IBLP with a heavy emphasis on the Duggars.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

The latest podcast episode of Digging up the Duggars is about Gil and is entitled "Gil Needs a Story and a Swingset". It's really good and is all about Gil's philosophy of praying for every little thing (rather than working for anything) and how he feels that is the best way to serve the Lord. The Lord didn't want him working or even driving an appropriate car for his passel of kids. The Lord apparently prefers that Gil pray on whatever until someone shows up and gives him what is needed for free. They also talked about how adamant Gil is about not borrowing....except from Lawson, who used to pay for everything! In short, Gil is a lazy hypocrite!

• Like 14
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2