Type keyword(s) to search

Meet the Parents: Gil and Kelly Jo Bates

• Start Topic

(edited)
6 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

I'd guess A Stitch in Time, but that is way above the Bates reading level.  

It hasn’t stopped them before, like the “medevil” theme. I think we have Alyssa to thank for that one. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 9

I suspect that the producers came up with the themes or at least helped them.  I am sure that the costumes were rented and paid for by the show.  Last year when there was no more show, only a few of them did costumes and most of those were pretty basic.  As usual, Michael had to sew something for Kelly and Gil because they are too lazy to do it themselves.  I'm surprised the theme didn't go by the wayside this year because the producers weren't around to make suggestions.  I also wonder who will actually show up.  Lawson should be done being "on the ground" in Turkey by then.

• Like 6
33 minutes ago, SMama said:

I was not clear that we had Alyssa to thank for the misspelling of medieval as medevil, not for the theme of the party. 

Is the party held in the dinning room? 😂

• LOL 10

I'm sure none of the grown children who are trying to be influencers want to appear to be stupid, uneducated, or poorly read so why don't they use spell check? Carlin made a laughable spelling mistake which I cannot remember at the moment and Jessa Duggar made a sign to show her cooking skills early in her marriage: WaLa.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3

Did they have their ILY party?  I caught a glimpse of all of them looking at menus in a close encounters restaurant that Evan posted. Everybody had their heads down so I’m guessing they are all tired of him using them in his videos!

I think I saw the Florida ones there too. Not Alyssa!  

I’m guessing they all got separate checks!

5 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

Did they have their ILY party?  I caught a glimpse of all of them looking at menus in a close encounters restaurant that Evan posted. Everybody had their heads down so I’m guessing they are all tired of him using them in his videos!

I think I saw the Florida ones there too. Not Alyssa!  

I’m guessing they all got separate checks!

Yes, that was the ILY weekend couples dinner. I hope they didn't go out in public in costume! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yes, that was the ILY weekend couples dinner. I hope they didn't go out in public in costume! 

Come on, live a little. J&K and T&L were starving after their escape from their receptions and headed to get food. No one changed. Kelton said he was really impressed how Josie walked into the steak house without a care in the world. But I think they did take out. T&L slummed it at In N Out, but they had that sweet car to show off, so the food was an afterthought. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Really, it's not like UP came and filmed it. They didn't even have a private room at the restaurant. 

It was strange.  They were all huddled so close and nobody bothered to look up for Evan's photo shoot!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'd have paid someone money to dress up like a character from The Prisoner.  For people who supposedly never watched TV or movies, there sure are a lot of characters that they should never have heard of in those pictures.  I'm assuming Zach provided the crime scene tape for the decor.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Michael and Brandon's costumes don't seem to go with the theme or am I missing something? They are dressed like it's 1770. How does that fit in with Sherlock Holmes, etc? I am shocked at Josie's costume. A few years ago, her parents would never have allowed her to dress in such a way at a family event; respect your parents' rules and all. As expected, no explanation from Gil and Kelly as to why this is now OK. I know, they are married and it's their husband's rules that fly, but still, some of their children have "left the fold" regarding this.

I bet that Michael secretly wishes that women still dressed the way she is for this event. She is an excellent seamstress if she made those costumes herself. Great job.

Is Gil supposed to be James Bond? I bet they never saw any of those movies after their "conversion".

• Like 10
(edited)
13 minutes ago, SMama said:

Most likely, I just could not recall the name, and too lazy to look. Wonderful costumes though. 

Paul had 2 wives according to Wiki.  First one, Sarah, died in 1773.  Presuming they are portraying the Reveres at the time of the Midnight Ride (on the 18th of April in '75, hardly a man is now alive who remembers that famous day and year), Michael is probably meant to be wife  #2 Rachel, who he married in 1773, right after the death of the first wife.

Revere certainly qualifies as a spy.

I had to memorize that poem in 6th grade and I like to show off.

Edited by Notabug
  • Useful 4
35 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Looks like Halloween with their chance to dress “fundy slutty” for the night. Except for B and M who can do war reenactment role play. 

When I saw Josie's costume my mind immediately went to Mean Girls and the Halloween "slut" rule. 😂😂🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Looks like Halloween with their chance to dress “fundy slutty” for the night. 

Hah! Maybe they’re actually Jewish and were celebrating Purim. 

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Look at those wild and crazy guys! Isaiah won the game. I think that is at K&G’s house, the little platform has been in many pictures and videos. No Zach and family sightings. Hope Whitney is OK, ILY day is a big deal to them. 

5D79846A-F0A4-4AC1-99D1-F1E85382A2DE.thumb.jpeg.4d382fad4a107059d96ae96fe0ef7584.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

What wild and crazy guys! 😂

Sarcasm. I just realized party guy Evan did not participate. 

Edited by SMama
  • LOL 6

I figured Michael and Brandon were some sort of revolutionary war era spies. 

What were those guys doing?  Whatever that game was, it looked really strange.  Somehow picking up a marshmallow with your shoe?  I'm confused.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Meow Mix said:

I figured Michael and Brandon were some sort of revolutionary war era spies. 

What were those guys doing?  Whatever that game was, it looked really strange.  Somehow picking up a marshmallow with your shoe?  I'm confused.

There was a string attached to their foot, which they had to use as a lever to get whatever it was in their mouth. The string was thrown over a rod or something not seen on the picture but you can see a stand on the right. Flexibility was needed and kind of weird to do it with guys.

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No surprise there. Should be pregnant by year's end. 👎

I thought he was going to emulate his older brothers and wait until his mid to late 20’s. Now Emerson needs to adjust to Arkansas from Florida. At least she’ll have Esther nearby.

Is Warden dating? 

Where does the "bride-to-be" live? I have no idea what Jackson Bates does (or pretends to do) for a living. Does anyone know?  What a surprise...this is the first that I have heard of this relationship.

• Like 2
Just now, floridamom said:

Where does the "bride-to-be" live? I have no idea what Jackson Bates does (or pretends to do) for a living. Does anyone know?  What a surprise...this is the first that I have heard of this relationship.

She's from Florida. I believe Alyssa introduced them. 

• Useful 5

I think that sign she's holding up should have read "OrlandoBride"? If she's from this area, I would not want to leave it to move to Tennessee. This is just my opinion. Maybe Jackson should hit John Webster up for a job at the a/c company. They always could use another employee here where it's hot.

Oops, let me be clear...I mean not moving to Tennessee because it's too close to Kelly Jo and all the other Bates....too overwhelming.

• Like 4