Type keyword(s) to search

Meet the Parents: Gil and Kelly Jo Bates

• Start Topic

Why do they always act surprised? I mean, you got all dressed up, had your nails done, walked into a pile of rose petals surrounded by candles, and there’s a professional photographer there. What did you think was going to happen??

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Why do they always act surprised? I mean, you got all dressed up, had your nails done, walked into a pile of rose petals surrounded by candles, and there’s a professional photographer there. What did you think was going to happen??

I think that’s why I liked Lydia’s (of Lydia & Trace) engagement. She was wearing whatever when he asked and then glammed up for the later photos. 

• Like 6
14 hours ago, floridamom said:

Where does the "bride-to-be" live? I have no idea what Jackson Bates does (or pretends to do) for a living. Does anyone know?  What a surprise...this is the first that I have heard of this relationship.

When Alyssa and John took Jackson out to dinner with them a few months ago while his sisters babysat it was speculated on here that it was a double date situation.

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Useful 1

I hope she didn't get her dress from that bridal shop that Katy went to in Florida and got that mess that even Renee couldn't salvage.  

I agree, I don't get the surprise act.  Especially since she already had a wedding dress.  It would be nice if he asked her for real somewhere privately just the two of them and just did this for the social media content.  

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, Meow Mix said:

I hope she didn't get her dress from that bridal shop that Katy went to in Florida and got that mess that even Renee couldn't salvage.  

Emerson's sister's wedding dress was absolutely stunning. Hopefully she goes wherever her sister went. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
41 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Pics?

I'll PM you her Instagram. It's a public account, but I don't know what the rules are about posting adjacents of Bates adjacents. 

Eta: also if you go to Jackson's account and look at his following, you can find it.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

So Jackson invited Z&K and the kids to FL for the engagement. This must be killing Carlin.

Seriously. He invited Z&W bc he's close with Z. Invited Trace - I assume he's close with him too - to video the engagement. And Alyssa/John bc they likely introduced the couple.

Look out Carlin - Jacko is on team Z&W, not yours. Makes sense since he's always been close with Zach and Trace and Trace/Carlin are no longer cool given that his wife talked about how crappily they kept their first home + Trace turned down a job at the Stewarts' home [or quoted such a high price that it was basically saying no]. Per Z he had been planning this engagement for months. If he really wanted Carlin there, he would have told her she needed to be in Fla. on x weekend - and unemployed C&E could have gone on a cruise next week.

C&E are going to cozy up further with Warden and/or Isiah now [one of them was involved with their patio] bc the way it's going they have not been important at all in the last few weddings - Law, Trace, now Jackson.

And let's be real you know C&E are looking to turn the attention back on themselves and are frantically trying to make a baby on this cruise.

Edited by cereality
  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

ILY day the Bates home is filthy with all those people and kids roller skating in the living room!

If they are going to continue large family gatherings build a big hall on their either church or home property!  Rent it out for income and host family functions there!

Clean up the house. Ugggg!

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

ILY day the Bates home is filthy with all those people and kids roller skating in the living room!

If they are going to continue large family gatherings build a big hall on their either church or home property!  Rent it out for income and host family functions there!

Clean up the house. Ugggg!

I guess they used the house this year because there were so many no-shows. I think they've used the fellowship hall at Gil's church before when more people attended. Could be wrong, though. 😁

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

They're not going to say anything. I don't think many of them watch the news etc. anyway - though I imagine they'll hear of it bc it's probably wall to wall coverage in Tenn. But in any event, they're not going to think the guns are the problem. A trans person went into a school and killed Christian children - to them it'll be about a lack of God/faith, the person is a sinner due to their life choices etc. - guns nope that's just an accessory. Never mind that whatever their life choices, they needed GUNS to execute the crime.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Me from ME said:

Unfortunately since the shooter is transgender it will only give more reason to discriminate. BTW the shooter was fluid in how they presented themselves. Sometimes female sometimes male.

Yes, and 99.99999% of shooters are heterosexual males. What should we do about them?

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Folks,

This is the Gil and Kelly Jo Bates thread.  Unless they make a comment on the school shooting in their state, any discussion about the shooting  is off topic here.  You are free to discuss this tragedy in Small Talk.  As always, be respectful when doing so and please understand that such occurrences bring up strong feelings for many people. 

Posts were removed.

• Like 4

It was just posted on Reddit that Gil's brother in law, his sister's husband, Greg Fleming 55, passed away. They are headed to the funeral tomorrow. Gil's sister and her husband did not have children.  How sad that he died so young.

• Sad 10
25 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It was just posted on Reddit that Gil's brother in law, his sister's husband, Greg Fleming 55, passed away. They are headed to the funeral tomorrow. Gil's sister and her husband did not have children.  How sad that he died so young.

His name is Craig.

• Useful 3

There is a rather large family photo on Reddit of most of the Bates Family at the funeral. I could not make out Carlin or Michael. But they may be somewhere bunched up in the middle. Everyone else seemed to be there. Even Alyssa with the youngest newborn. 

• Useful 3
(edited)

I was able to see all the married ones and they spouse and kid(s), except Finley. Where's Finley? She took the picture? 

Edited by SMama
1 hour ago, SMama said:

I was able to see all the married ones and they spouse and kid(s), except Finley. Where's Finley? She took the picture? 

Chad is holding her. Her head is right behind Erin's, but kind of blends into the background.

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That infant has traveled more in her first two-ish months of life than I have since Covid. 

Same here.

I feel bad for Erin’s kids. All the other cousins are dressed for the occasion, but they really stand out in their colorful clothing. I don’t think it’s necessary to dress kids in black, but maybe earth colors. Only because it really draws attention.

What do I know. When Papi died I was ten years old. Except for school I observed the one year of wearing black, white, and gray. Mami died when I was sixteen, and my views over the year of mourning had evolved. Plus my bio mother didn’t want me to do it again.  However, since it was important to Mami, I did the same for her, in her memory. I was Emo before it was a thing. 🤣🤣

Edited by SMama
  • Like 5
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I’m kind of impressed that they all came from far away places for their uncles funeral!  

I'll say it. Attention. And it's not like most of these bozos have jobs. 

My post above was supposed to say multistate, not multistage. My bad. That'll teach me to pay attention when I'm writing. 

• Like 6

I was surprised to see so much black on that photo.  My experience with funerals in recent years in the south is that people dress the way Erin and her family did.  Only in more eastern European funerals do you see everyone including kids in black.  As for Jon's outfit, that would be a no-go anywhere unless someone was coming from work and didn't have time to change.

• Like 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Meow Mix said:

I was surprised to see so much black on that photo.  My experience with funerals in recent years in the south is that people dress the way Erin and her family did.  Only in more eastern European funerals do you see everyone including kids in black.  As for Jon's outfit, that would be a no-go anywhere unless someone was coming from work and didn't have time to change.

Most people don't have the time or money to keep a full set of black funeral clothing for themselves, let alone their kids.  It's one thing to see kids in black at the Queen's funeral; most of the rest of us put the kids in whatever nice clothing fits at the time.  And, of course, most of us would leave younger kids home with a sitter rather than drag them to the funeral of someone they don't even know.

I recall when my mother died, my sister took her 14 and 10 year old boys to Kohl's and bought them both a pair of chinos and a white dress shirt to wear under sweaters they already owned, figuring they'd get some use out of them on other occasions before they outgrew them.  Because that's what regular people do.  My mother would've approved.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

My kids went to public school during their younger years, so they just wore their school clothes. For a summer funeral we did have to run out and buy some early 'school clothes'.

Funerals around here have every stage of dress, from very casual to funeral formal, but most come to calling hours after work and are wearing business casual and wear the same to the funeral service. The color black really isn't too much of a thing anymore.

Since most of the Bates don't work, they likely go out and buy new stuff, or wear whatever black (or other) clothes they own. 

• Like 3

Speaking of black and funerals.  They used to give out tiny cards at the funeral home.  Name and date of birth and date of death.  Done.  The card was white with a black border.

They are building huge white houses with black shutters and trim.

Those houses always remind me of mass cards!

• Like 4