Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

So sad. It must have been a flood of emotions for her poor husband. I can't even imagine. 

I just found out a casual friend lost a co-worker in the shooting. She posted about it on her FB page. The woman was a teacher. She leaves behind not only family and friends, but so many students and fellow co-workers who are in shock. 

So sad. There are just no words.  it makes my little problems seem so small compared to what these poor people saw, heard, and replay in their mind.  I'm sorry to hear that. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, Mkay said:

So sad. There are just no words.  it makes my little problems seem so small compared to what these poor people saw, heard, and replay in their mind.  I'm sorry to hear that. 

You are so sweet. Yes, it does make our problems pale in comparison. Each day we wake up, it is another day. All those families who haven't received confirmation are still in limbo. 

• Love 3

What a sad, sad day it is. My heart breaks for everyone with loved ones caught in the lunacy in Las Vegas. Then, to lose Tom Petty. My daughter and husband did their dance at her wedding to Wildflowers. She chose it because it wasn't too long and she knew her dad loved his music, too :) It breaks my heart even more to know he said was done touring and he just wanted to spend time with his granddaughter. I'm imagining a Traveling Wilbury reunion with George Harrison and Roy Orbison wherever they are :)

ETA: I'm so grateful I have you guys. I'm surprised at how emotional I am about everything today. I'm sitting here bawling and listening to Tom. Knowing I'm going to finally be a granny and knowing he just wanted to play with his granddaughter is tearing me up.

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 6

Knowing Tom was alone at home when he suffered cardiac arrest and likely could have been helped sooner had someone been there at home...gah!!! Reminds me of Prince. These two beautiful souls died alone in their homes. I know Tom was officially declared dead hours later, but he did stop breathing and that caused his brain to cease functioning. Sad. 

• Love 6

I think we could all use a little feline feel good to give us a smile tonight. Over the years, random tomcats have shown up here and shared the food that's always on a shelf in the barn for the barn cats. I've trapped the ones I could and took them to the spay/neuter clinic I used to volunteer at, had them neutered and vaccinated, recovered them overnight, then let them go. None have stuck around after their ride with me-LOL! This is Thomas. He showed up here about two years ago as a very skinny tom with quite a bit of hair loss. He'd have some chow but would skedaddle every time I went into the barn. I tried three different types of traps and he wouldn't go into any of them, even for the stinkiest of cat food. His visits were sporadic at first but, then he was around a lot more and started looking better because he was eating well. It took about three months but he started trusting me. Not enough to touch him, but he'd sit and talk to me while I went about my business. He started routinely sleeping on one of the cat trees in the hayloft and every afternoon, I'd go up the stairs and open a can of wet food to see if I could get him to come to me. Finally, he trusted me enough to scratch him. And, boy oh boy! Did he ever want to be scratched! Poor guy was just starved for attention. So, I made an appointment at the clinic for my next volunteer day and the night before, opened his can of wet food and put it into a big cage I keep set up in the hayloft to use for fosters, post op recovery for friend's rescues, etc. Off we go the next morning and he talked and talked and talked and continued talking and begging for attention while he was waiting his turn for surgery. While he was sedated, we were able to get a real good look at him and determined he was about 2 years old, weighed 14.5 pounds, the hair loss (by this time was better) was caused from flea allergy dermatitis and that he was in great health. I brought him home and kept him in the cage overnight. I let him out the next morning and he's never left. He promptly decided that being a barn cat wasn't really his style and this is how he spends a lot of his time. He is the NICEST boy! Gets along with all the other furry family members and loves to cuddle. I've never had a cat that gets into naps quite the way he does. Completely and totally blissed out :)

TwistedThomas.JPG

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 16

Hi Thomas! So sweet! I love cats. I always feel like when cats find their families, it was meant to be. Almost like some angel shoos them to houses where people will care and love them unconditionally. A friend of mine had lost her cat due to illness. A few weeks later a stray cat showed up at her back door. He has never left. I told her her how her cat must have directed this stray cat to her door by telling him, "Go to that house. They miss me and they need a new fur baby to love." 

Thomas found his family. That put a smile on my face. 

• Love 2

@Mkay I'm glad your friend and daughter are ok and wow, what an amazing thing to do with that guy jumping on top of them! Some of the stories that I read are so horrible and then you read something like that (and all of the other heroic things people did that night) it does make me not lose total faith in humanity. Though that is hard some days.

I've been reading up on many of the victims and it's all so incredibly sad

• Love 3
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

@Mkay I'm glad your friend and daughter are ok and wow, what an amazing thing to do with that guy jumping on top of them! Some of the stories that I read are so horrible and then you read something like that (and all of the other heroic things people did that night) it does make me not lose total faith in humanity. Though that is hard some days.

I've been reading up on many of the victims and it's all so incredibly sad

Thank you.  She is looking for her hero and a post is making the rounds, but so far no luck.   

I've been reading some of the other survivor stories, too. It's all so sad but some of them I have to set aside. They are just so sad.  It's awful when it has becoming common place to enter a theatre or music venue and you (I) look for the exits or any potential hiding places if anything were to happen.  Thank goodness I enjoy being at home.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Thank you.  She is looking for her hero and a post is making the rounds, but so far no luck.   

I've been reading some of the other survivor stories, too. It's all so sad but some of them I have to set aside. They are just so sad.  It's awful when it has becoming common place to enter a theatre or music venue and you (I) look for the exits or any potential hiding places if anything were to happen.  Thank goodness I enjoy being at home.  

I hope she finds her hero. 

• Love 4

@lovesnark you have a beautiful cat. He looks so precious in that photo. Thanks for sharing a photo of him.

@Mkay so sorry to hear the terrible news. I am so glad an angel was there. Risking their own life to help a complete stranger. Boy, that is making me tear up. In a world filled with so much hate, I am happy to know we are still surrounded by plenty of angels in our midst.

Our country has taken a nose-dive. I see people on Facebook ripping each other apart, unfriending, and basically feeling they can be bullies to people. Sometimes those people don't even know each other. They take things personally. They are easily offended. It is sad. The name-calling is horrible. When tragedies such as the hurricanes and this mass shooting occurred, we get reminders that people do care and they are ready to help and offer support.  People, like the heroes who saved complete strangers, are a reminder that we have people who are concerned for others, not themselves.

Edited by SPLAIN
  • Love 4

Hi, everyone - I've been on these boards and TWOP's forever but had to post here because of @Mkay's Las Vegas post. My husband's cousin was at the concert with her husband, they both got out OK but then he went back in to help others - he's a firefighter. While he was helping he did get shot in the leg - one through and through but also some shrapnel. He is OK, but I thought since you're looking he might be your hero. I've never met him and I've only met her once - I will need to talk to my husband to get last names, but his name is John and his wife's name is Kim and he's a firefighter somewhere in San Diego, if that helps. They are both aready showing symptoms of PTSD. So very sad.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, ktwo said:

Hi, everyone - I've been on these boards and TWOP's forever but had to post here because of @Mkay's Las Vegas post. My husband's cousin was at the concert with her husband, they both got out OK but then he went back in to help others - he's a firefighter. While he was helping he did get shot in the leg - one through and through but also some shrapnel. He is OK, but I thought since you're looking he might be your hero. I've never met him and I've only met her once - I will need to talk to my husband to get last names, but his name is John and his wife's name is Kim and he's a firefighter somewhere in San Diego, if that helps. They are both aready showing symptoms of PTSD. So very sad.

First of all, thank goodness he survived. I am deeply sorry to read he was shot and feeling sad he is dealing with PTSD.  It would be a miracle if no one suffered from PTSD after going through that, which was horrific. Please pass on our concerns to this wonderful man for his heroic deed and to his wife. He certainly is a hero.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, ktwo said:

Can I send you my friends Facebook post and see if her story sounds familiar?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ktwo said:

My prayers go out to him for a speedy recovery.

I am deeply touched by the humanity many of the victims who survived the shooting, showed upon their fellow man during that tragic event. It lifts my spirits that we have so many heroes in our country.

• Love 7

Hi all, I think one of the PTV superslueths posted in TM or TM2  that they knew how to watch a bunch of shows without cable. We recently cut our cable and can watch MTV, but I am missing Bravo and TLC trash TV. I've looked for the post but can't find it. Does this sound familiar?  Does anyone know how to watch those networks online for free?  Thanks. 

• Love 1

You guys! I finally found a gig!! I'll be a contractor but it's better paid than most attorney jobs I've had and, while full time, has good enough hours for me to study for the  Bar while working. It's also the sort of company that, in the long term, will look good on my resume and will be beneficial to have connections in. 

It's such a relief, I'll be able to squirrel enough away to be moved out of folk's house when I need to. This has been such an emotionally and physically exhausting year for me but maybe, hopefully, will have a good end. Anyway, hope I am not tempting fate by posting this here but wanted to celebrate with y'all since I've posted so much sad stuff here recently. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 12
12 minutes ago, evilmindatwork said:

You guys! I finally found a gig!! I'll be a contractor but it's better paid than most attorney jobs I've had and, while full time, has good enough hours for me to study for the  Bar while working. It's also the sort of company that, in the long term, will look good on my resume and will be beneficial to have connections in. 

It's such a relief, I'll be able to squirrel enough away to be moved out of folk's house when I need to. This has been such an emotionally and physically exhausting year for me but maybe, hopefully, will have a good end. Anyway, hope I am not tempting fate by posting this here but wanted to celebrate with y'all since I've posted so much sad stuff here recently. 

*happy dance* I am super excited for you!!!! I have had you on my mind, as you know. What a blessing! :-) This is one major hurdle, sweetie. I am very happy for you. 

• Love 3

@evilmindatwork I wish I could have actually been THERE for you. I feel like it wasn't enough just to chat here about what you were going through. It was that feeling of wanting to do more than just lend my support over these boards. I am just so glad this gig came in for you. I know this has been stressful for you. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 2
On 10/16/2017 at 1:25 PM, Booger666 said:

Hi all, I think one of the PTV superslueths posted in TM or TM2  that they knew how to watch a bunch of shows without cable. We recently cut our cable and can watch MTV, but I am missing Bravo and TLC trash TV. I've looked for the post but can't find it. Does this sound familiar?  Does anyone know how to watch those networks online for free?  Thanks. 

I think it was @Rebecca who mentioned that. I will try to find the post but I remember she said to PM her for details.

If you get a firestick from Amazon you can load Kodi on it and get everything on your TV. 

• Love 2
On 9/12/2017 at 0:43 PM, Rebecca said:

Not sure how I found that one but I'm full of internet knowledge, hahaha. For instance, if anyone wants to know where to watch this show for free online, with no commercials, pm me. 

@BOOGER666 I think this is the post you are referring to.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Gardening is hard work! I just planted tulips in honor of my great Aunt (she was our nanny and passed in 2005). Tulips were her favorite flower and she was a great gardener. 

What a sweet thing to do. It is nice when you can do something to honor a loved one who has passed away. 

Gardening can be very hard and tiring, but man, what a reward when you see how your garden turns out and you see your plants and flowers bloom. I have a tomato plant growing like crazy in my yard. I didn't plant it. Must have come from some animal pooping in my garden. I see four tomatoes on the vines. I can't wait to eat them. 

• Love 3
Just now, GreatKazu said:

What a sweet thing to do. It is nice when you can do something to honor a loved one who has passed away. 

Gardening can be very hard and tiring, but man, what a reward when you see how your garden turns out and you see your plants and flowers bloom. I have a tomato plant growing like crazy in my yard. I didn't plant it. Must have come from some animal pooping in my garden. I see four tomatoes on the vines. I can't wait to eat them. 

Oh wow. I’m getting excited. I’m going to take my pumpkins (after thanksgiving) and put them in the backyard and just “see what happens”.....maybe I’ll have pumpkins next year!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Oh wow. I’m getting excited. I’m going to take my pumpkins (after thanksgiving) and put them in the backyard and just “see what happens”.....maybe I’ll have pumpkins next year!

You never know. :-)   

My husband and I did some volunteer work last week passing out pumpkins to needy families. It happened to land on a day that was the hottest day of the year in our city. Four hours of being in the blazing heat. I don't want to look at pumpkins until next year. lol 

• Love 2

Oh my! I just want to kiss her!! She's so dang cute. Our daughter hit the 11 week mark today and my grand baby is the size of a fig :) She's SO happy to not be sick anymore. She didn't have morning sickness, it was 24/7 sickness. Poor kid.  I've finished knitting a baby blanket and am itching to start more baby stuff but I have some birthday socks to get knitted before I can dive back into baby land. 

• Love 9

I'm a life long Oakland A's fan.  My all time favorite team ever was the 89 A's. I met a lot if the team at an event at the local community college. It was that team that got me into baseball and turned me in to a life long fan.  We are also Raiders fans in this house. 

I need to talk about something different after my last posts. 

Has anybody started their Xmas/holiday shopping yet?  I've bought a few things but I'm running way behind this year. I'm usually all finished by November 1st but I'm slacking this year.  I'm just not into Xmas like I used to be.  I used to turn into a little kid during holiday season but lately I'm feeling more like the grinch. It's just so different when the kids are grown and gone. They have their own commitments and plans. I still get to see them but it's just not the same as when they were little. 

To all of you young moms, it sounds so cliche but seriously, enjoy and cherish every second you can.  One minute the kids are in diapers and the next they're moving out. It just happens so damn fast. 

Wow. I'm just a downer tonight. This was supposed to be a happy post to make up for my downer posts in the other thread.  

I think I need a few bong hits! 

@Lm2162, your baby is adorable.  I've been itching to hold a baby. My daughter is done having kids and she and her husband both got fixed to make sure of that. My son is 31 and I keep ordering him and his girl to have a baby but they aren't cooperating dammit. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 6
On 11/16/2017 at 9:36 PM, Maharincess said:

I'm a life long Oakland A's fan.  My all time favorite team ever was the 89 A's. I met a lot if the team at an event at the local community college. It was that team that got me into baseball and turned me in to a life long fan.  We are also Raiders fans in this house. 

I need to talk about something different after my last posts. 

Has anybody started their Xmas/holiday shopping yet?  I've bought a few things but I'm running way behind this year. I'm usually all finished by November 1st but I'm slacking this year.  I'm just not into Xmas like I used to be.  I used to turn into a little kid during holiday season but lately I'm feeling more like the grinch. It's just so different when the kids are grown and gone. They have their own commitments and plans. I still get to see them but it's just not the same as when they were little. 

To all of you young moms, it sounds so cliche but seriously, enjoy and cherish every second you can.  One minute the kids are in diapers and the next they're moving out. It just happens so damn fast. 

Wow. I'm just a downer tonight. This was supposed to be a happy post to make up for my downer posts in the other thread. 

I am dreading this holiday season so much. I would like nothing better than to go to sleep tonight and wake up on January 1st. My parents told me last Nov 2 days before Thanksgiving that they were separating. I was sad, but thought it was temporary. Now they are officially divorcing at the beginning of the year 2018. I am trying to put up a good front for my kids but I see a happy holiday shopper and I want to punch her or him in the face. The same for seeing elderly couples walking hand in hand. And god help the people on my friends list on Facebook who make happy anniversary posts for their parents/grandparents. Seeing couples in their 70s and 80s walking together happily used to make me smile. Now I just want to throw something at them.

• Love 7

((((virtual hugs)))) to you my friends and many thanks for this board and the laughs you all bring to us on a daily basis. 

@Tatum I remember when you first posted about your parents separating. I had hoped we'd be reading that  your parents were going to remain together while seeking counseling. I am saddened to read that is not the case. It surely makes it hard when it happens during the holidays. I am deeply sorry for how this is affecting you and your family. Your feelings are valid and it is understandable. You are obviously hurt and sad. I can feel it in your post. If it helps you, vent here like crazy. Hugs to you. 

• Love 3

Thanks @GreatKazu...it has been an absolutely awful year for me and my mom. My dad is struggling too, but in a different way, and this was 100% his choice. I am hoping that next year is better.

But, um, happy holidays to rest of you that aren't hating life right now :)?

• Love 5
Just now, Tatum said:

Thanks @GreatKazu...it has been an absolutely awful year for me and my mom. My dad is struggling too, but in a different way, and this was 100% his choice. I am hoping that next year is better.

But, um, happy holidays to rest of you that aren't hating life right now :)?

Aww your poor mom. I know I don't know her, but I want to send her out a big hug. She must be so heartbroken. Having lost my mother so long ago, I always am happy for those who have their mothers in their lives. I wish you two better days ahead. My heart goes out to all of you. 

• Love 2

So I was watching Escape from Polgamy- it's like a train wreck- I can't Not watch even though I know it's awful and people are hurt. Well, I left the room for a bit and when  I came back there was a special on about Elizabeth Smart - she was telling her own story.  Next thing I know , there is Dr Drew doing the post show special interview with her. I wanted to turn it off because I hate him but then I decided to watch and see if he was terrible to her as well as the TMs. Answer was:  overwhelmingly YES. Why do people keep employing him?  Stop. He is awful. Awful. 

Anyone else catch it?  

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Pixiebomb said:

So I was watching Escape from Polgamy- it's like a train wreck- I can't Not watch even though I know it's awful and people are hurt. Well, I left the room for a bit and when  I came back there was a special on about Elizabeth Smart - she was telling her own story.  Next thing I know , there is Dr Drew doing the post show special interview with her. I wanted to turn it off because I hate him but then I decided to watch and see if he was terrible to her as well as the TMs. Answer was:  overwhelmingly YES. Why do people keep employing him?  Stop. He is awful. Awful. 

Anyone else catch it?  

I caught the first hour. I need to DVR it so I can FF thru the commercials. UGH! Drew is on there, too? OMG 

• Love 1

OK, this has nothing  to do with anything Teen Mom related, but it gave me a very much needed laugh this morning.

Did anyone watch the original Real World San Diego back in 2004? My roommates and I loved that show in college and we watched every week together. Cameran, who was like 19 when the show filmed, went on to appear on some Bravo show that I don't watch, and is now married with a baby. I hadn't really followed her much in the last 13 years (didn't realize she was still on TV after RW), so I was surprised to see something about her on The Ashley and was like, hey, that's Cameran! So, I was googling her, and came across this awesome quote about her plans to breastfeed:

"First of all, it is none of your dang business how I plan to feed my child, but to answer everyone's question so that they will shut their yappers — yes, of course I plan on breast feed my child. But if it doesn't work, I will then pump. And if the pumping doesn't work then I will happily stick a bottle of formula in my baby's mouth and she will turn out just fine just like I did and thousands — probably millions — of other children turned out just fine," she shared on Instagram.

She ended the rant with this final sassy message: "And if the formula doesn't work then I will go to Chik- Fil-A and get a No. 3 value sized, put that in a blender and spoon feed her. And I'm fairly certain she's going to like that cause it's the only thing she's been eating for the past 9 months anyway."

I think I just fell in love with her.

• Love 9

Yes, I watched all the seasons up until the first Vegas season started. The show jumped the shark at that point for me. 

Good for Cameran! What a funny girl. 

Man, I sure do miss the original RW.  Imagine if there had been a snark board back then? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

I adore Cam.  A little goes a long way with her but I think she's aware of that.  Southern Charm is the show she's on now and her husband, who does not appear on the show, is a doctor.  Her house is one of the most beautiful homes I've ever seen on tv.  

Big hugs @Tatum.  I was 25 when it happened to me and I can honestly say, it sucks.  January 1, 2000.  I can still tell you, word for word, what my dad said on that phone call.  And yes, I was still drunk from partying like it was 1999 the night before.  That was the first time I've ever cracked a beer open at 11AM.  My husband actually helped me grab one after he heard what was going on.  We were both so broken hearted, pissed off, and in disbelief.  As adults!  People like to tell us we shouldn't be so hurt over our parents breaking up when we are adults.  That's bullshit.  It hurts and it makes it feel like your life was some sort of lie and your parents seem like strangers.  I can also tell you it does get better.  Not quickly, but eventually it does.  I'm often saying to my parents now, "Where the hell were you two 25 years ago?" while they are sitting in my garage, drinking coffee, like old friends.  

In all honesty, I'm actually thankful it happened.  It allowed me to grow in ways I didn't know I could grow.  Don't get me wrong, the first few years were hell.  Then I just avoided it for a couple.  But now?  I'm good with it.  I can see why they waited, how it all happened, and that it really is for the best.  It's definitely a confusing time though.  My kids made out like bandits though!  (That's probably a bad thing to say but they did.  Two birthdays, instead of one.  Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter-all at home and Granny and PaPa were welcome to show up-but we were not traveling anywhere.  It worked out great!)

Anyway, big hugs during this rough time friend.

• Love 5

Thanks @MissMel. The hardest part for sure is seeing the total devastation to my mom. She still breaks into tears sometimes, although since my dad asked for a divorce several weeks ago she seems to be doing better. In the last year she's been hoping for a reconciliation and while this is not what she wanted, at least now she can start moving on rather than just waiting for my dad to change his mind and over analyzing every encounter for a hidden meaning. The next hardest part is stressing about which one of them is going to be sitting home alone on Christmas Day. We usually alternate holidays between my family and husband's family, and before, on their "off" years, my parents had each other. My dad is not close to his siblings and both his parents are gone. My mom's parents are both gone and she is close emotionally with three of her siblings, but they live very far away and my mom is not too keen on driving long distances. Plus, one of her siblings has a job that frequently requires him to work on Christmas Day. So, I am already dreading this Christmas and next Christmas.

The next hardest part is the fact that I always felt vaguely proud that my parents, in the generation that saw the highest number of divorces, stayed together when all their siblings and peers were splitting up. It was so common in my high school to have divorced parents that I was actually the odd one out having parents that were married 20 years (this was in the late 90s). I always imagined them growing old together and being the kind of couple that other people look to as the ideal. Now it all seems like a fucking joke. I feel stupid misjudging my parents' so called happy marriage so badly.

• Love 3