Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

@Scarlett45 

Trust me, I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive my parents for this either. I mean, obviously I love them and will always have a relationship with them, but this incident has just changed the way I think about them. If they had been honest about her making her live in the backyard to begin with, I'd probably not have come back to CA and found a way to make it work in Chicago (maybe moved in with a friend for a few months). To be fair to my parents though, I don't think they expected their fully grown attorney daughter to show up at their door-step. I never expected it either but I've had quite a few blows over the last couple of years from a divorce to surgery to a lay off to this. (to be honest, the last 2 years).  Also, I don't want to sound like a victim, I am sure I've made some bad decisions, but ugh, it's just been a hard time. 

That's such a good idea, re the contract and the payments, I should run that idea past the woman who has been helping me re-home her (she runs a local foster based rescue network). The other fosters had met me and seen my interactions with my dog, and I think felt that they wanted to help me because of that. These ones  genuinely want to adopt a dog though,  so I don't know if it will fly. I basically went through my entire social network and hit a wall before I decided to rehome my girl. My ex's response, which stung the most because I got her with him, was that she was no longer his problem, and I was the one who decided not to let him see her after our split (he knocked up his then 21 year old girlfriend).  I guess things can only go upwards from here, right? The only good thing to come out of losing my dog is that I've decided that I'm going to foster rescues when I am again finally settled down in a place of my own with a new full adult job (if that ever happens, it feels very far away at the moment). I didn't know that not being licensed in my profession in CA would make me feel like such a child. Please keep your fingers crossed for me everyone! 

@MissMel, so glad you guys are safe. Ugh, sorry about your tree though. It looks like you guys are pretty lucky to still have power. I hope things go back to normal soon.

ETA: Thanks everyone for "listening" to me be whiny about this. Sorry for writing entire essays about it. 

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 9

I read some posts on other threads about some of you being in the heat and there is no electricity. Damn! I wish I could bring you all to my home. :-) 

The worst has passed. I am so sorry for the families who have lost loved ones and their homes due to both hurricanes. Mother Nature is a bitch. Hearing #45 say how it could have been worse. Seriously? IT WAS BAD!! His comments just make me want to hurl. 

Sorry for my rant. 

• Love 4

Glad to know those in the path of Irma and Harvey are okay. I remember the devastation of Katrina and my thoughts are with you all. 

I was in a fender bender in an Uber this evening. I'm okay, I did feel the WHIP but I was wearing my seat belt (like always), it wasn't my drivers fault (we were stopped the light was red) but the guy behind us was fiddling with his phone and reared ended us. The velocity of the car I was in, tapped the car in front of us. No one was hurt, I felt bad for my driver her car is brand new and the back end was MUSHED. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Glad to know those in the path of Irma and Harvey are okay. I remember the devastation of Katrina and my thoughts are with you all. 

I was in a fender bender in an Uber this evening. I'm okay, I did feel the WHIP but I was wearing my seat belt (like always), it wasn't my drivers fault (we were stopped the light was red) but the guy behind us was fiddling with his phone and reared ended us. The velocity of the car I was in, tapped the car in front of us. No one was hurt, I felt bad for my driver her car is brand new and the back end was MUSHED. 

I "liked" your post only because I am glad to read you and the driver of the Uber were not seriously injured. That could have been bad! 

Are you sure the driver wasn't a blonde bitch driving without a seatbelt, too? I know Karl is looking so damn rough, she looks like a dude. lol

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I "liked" your post only because I am glad to read you and the driver of the Uber were not seriously injured. That could have been bad! 

Are you sure the driver wasn't a blonde bitch driving without a seatbelt, too? I know Karl is looking so damn rough, she looks like a dude. lol

No no. He was a young, college aged skinny blonde guy- he wasn't a douche, he said "I only looked down for a second!" And my Uber told him "that's all it takes". I hope this is a lesson for him. 

My neck is a little sore, I will get it checked out. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No no. He was a young, college aged skinny blonde guy- he wasn't a douche, he said "I only looked down for a second!" And my Uber told him "that's all it takes". I hope this is a lesson for him. 

My neck is a little sore, I will get it checked out. 

Yes, please get it checked out. I had a similar incident and found out there was some damage done to my neck that still lingers years later. 

Damn these people and looking at their phones while driving. Is a message that important? I hope he does learn his lesson. His insurance company will make him regret what he did. 

• Love 3

Ha! That reminds me of Fortune Feimster. I saw her live last year, & she was saying how she'd never get hit on by guys, but one night some guy approached her on the street & was chatting her up. He asked her back to his place & she was all "rude! What kind of girl do you think I am?", and the guy goes "ummm...aren't you my friend Jeff?". ?

• Love 3
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Ha! That reminds me of Fortune Feimster. I saw her live last year, & she was saying how she'd never get hit on by guys, but one night some guy approached her on the street & was chatting her up. He asked her back to his place & she was all "rude! What kind of girl do you think I am?", and the guy goes "ummm...aren't you my friend Jeff?". ?

lol  She is a hoot. 

• Love 1
On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 8:15 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I did go to the chiropractor and get checked out. I have full range of motion but I'm sore. ?

I hope the pain goes away quick! Glad to know you are okay. If the pain doesn't get better, please get an MRI. 

I had an MRI done when I suffered whiplash many years ago. I found out I had torn ligaments and there was bleeding going on at the base of my brain. I was told to stay in bed and not move around. It was a pretty scary time. 

• Love 1

This is my first time joining the small talk thread, so hey guys! @Lm2162 your baby is adorable!

So I need advice on something. A good friend of mine is in Peru and is having an amazing time. She is posting pics on SM (Facebook and Instagram) of her trip and yesterday she posted some of Machu Picchu. I only saw the ones on Instagram because I no longer have FB. The pics were beautiful but I noticed that she spelled it Manchu Piccu, with an N. I didn't say anything but I did look it up and I don't see it spelled as Manchu anywhere. Then I got a message from another friend that she was irritated that my friend was spelling it wrong. They are friends on FB so she saw those posts. Now I should explain the reason for her irritation was that she was supposed to go to Peru 2 weeks ago but her flight got cancelled due to Irma, so I think she might be jealous. So I decided to message my friend. I normally don't like being a grammar nazi and I was pretty nice about. I said "I'm not trying to be annoying but I think you spelled Machu wrong." I didn't mention anything about our other friend and I also don't know if that other friend said something on FB to her. She comes back and said it was autocorrect and is it really a big deal. I told her no, not a big deal, i just wanted to let you know. So then she decides to a little passive agressive and says "when I get back home, I'll go back and modify all my posts for spelling errors." I told her no need, it's the pics that matter. I also apologized and told her I wasn't trying to be annoying and I didn't mean to take away from her experience. Was I wrong? Should I just have let it go? Or is she being too sensitive? 

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

I had emergency bowel surgery yesterday (perforation) and as soon as I awoke, I was on here reading for updates. Y'all's comments make my world go 'round.

I hope everything's okay and wish you a speedy recovery!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, MaggieG said:

This is my first time joining the small talk thread, so hey guys! @Lm2162 your baby is adorable!

So I need advice on something. A good friend of mine is in Peru and is having an amazing time. She is posting pics on SM (Facebook and Instagram) of her trip and yesterday she posted some of Machu Picchu. I only saw the ones on Instagram because I no longer have FB. The pics were beautiful but I noticed that she spelled it Manchu Piccu, with an N. I didn't say anything but I did look it up and I don't see it spelled as Manchu anywhere. Then I got a message from another friend that she was irritated that my friend was spelling it wrong. They are friends on FB so she saw those posts. Now I should explain the reason for her irritation was that she was supposed to go to Peru 2 weeks ago but her flight got cancelled due to Irma, so I think she might be jealous. So I decided to message my friend. I normally don't like being a grammar nazi and I was pretty nice about. I said "I'm not trying to be annoying but I think you spelled Machu wrong." I didn't mention anything about our other friend and I also don't know if that other friend said something on FB to her. She comes back and said it was autocorrect and is it really a big deal. I told her no, not a big deal, i just wanted to let you know. So then she decides to a little passive agressive and says "when I get back home, I'll go back and modify all my posts for spelling errors." I told her no need, it's the pics that matter. I also apologized and told her I wasn't trying to be annoying and I didn't mean to take away from her experience. Was I wrong? Should I just have let it go? Or is she being too sensitive? 

Welcome to the chat thread. 

Generally, when it comes to things like that on social media, I avoid telling people about their spelling errors because it could be auto-correct. It could also be because they don't know the correct spelling. But then, how would you know? Can't change what happened. She probably felt hurt. Anger stems from hurt. You apologized. That is all you can do.  You may have to let her know in person you were sorry. FYI it annoys me to see words spelled wrong, but then, I have had issues with auto-correct myself when I have posted here or on Facebook. I see how easily it can happen. 

1 hour ago, mamadrama said:

I had emergency bowel surgery yesterday (perforation) and as soon as I awoke, I was on here reading for updates. Y'all's comments make my world go 'round.

OMG lady. You deserve a well-needed break from all these health issues! Sorry for what you endured. That is scary! Take it easy. :-) 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Thanks @GreatKazu, I actually PM'd her, I didn't correct her on SM because I know I wouldn't like it if someone did that to me. She seems fine today, she sent me more pics so all is well!

I've gotten angry over stuff like that in the past. You know, you put a lot of thought into a post, create something creative and witty, or share some photos that mean a lot to me and the only comment I get is "you spelled (this complicated/non-English/autocorrect hated/multiple ways of spelling) word wrong." But like Kazu said, the reaction of anger comes from both hurt and embarassment. Eventually you get over it and can laugh it off.

Like the time I posted that I had 2 slipped dicks in my back, instead of discs, ha ha. ☺

You were trying, don't worry about it.

@GreatKazu thanks! I thought that the enlargement of my bowels was caused by constipation but when they got in there, it wasn't. Just another issue caused by my EDS. Too bad-I was looking forward to telling everyone that I was full of shit.

• Love 7

@mamadrama you sure can spin the most serious issue into some funny shit. No pun intended. lol 

Two slipped dicks...lol OMG that sounds like something Kail's personal life. 

3 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Thanks @GreatKazu, I actually PM'd her, I didn't correct her on SM because I know I wouldn't like it if someone did that to me. She seems fine today, she sent me more pics so all is well!

That's great. I am glad. She likely got over it and is now moving forward. By the way, that is a beautiful place she visited. I have never been, but I know people who have visited there. I don't think I could deal with the high altitude when walking. 

• Love 2

I have several herniated dicks! I'm really going to work that into convo from now on! Since we're all over at Jenelle's thread ripping on her trashtastic wedding, I thought I'd drop some pics of my daughter's wedding here as an example of what a casual, laid back wedding is supposed to look like :) I'm very proud to say I made her dress and I will NEVER work with silk chiffon again! It's like sewing air that frays! The pic of her dancing with her dad is from a cell phone and is not a good one. But, it really shows how the yards and yards of silk in her dress were as light as air and moved beautifully.

12038814_10153380340944580_5657948133132765075_o.jpg

906059_10153226089059580_4226003165862503558_o.jpg

Jaymeready1.jpg

11822602_10207021303278369_2621954138107002408_n.jpg

• Love 17
24 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

I have several herniated dicks! I'm really going to work that into convo from now on! Since we're all over at Jenelle's thread ripping on her trashtastic wedding, I thought I'd drop some pics of my daughter's wedding here as an example of what a casual, laid back wedding is supposed to look like :) I'm very proud to say I made her dress and I will NEVER work with silk chiffon again! It's like sewing air that frays! The pic of her dancing with her dad is from a cell phone and is not a good one. But, it really shows how the yards and yards of silk in her dress were as light as air and moved beautifully.

12038814_10153380340944580_5657948133132765075_o.jpg

906059_10153226089059580_4226003165862503558_o.jpg

Jaymeready1.jpg

11822602_10207021303278369_2621954138107002408_n.jpg

What a lovely family you have!  Thanks for sharing these with us!!

• Love 4

Thank you! What's funny about the whole thing is I'm the anti mother of the bride. I avoid weddings whenever possible and tried really hard to convince the kids to go to Hawaii and get hitched and we'd have a party later on. Before I knew it, I was making a wedding dress, making flower crowns for the flower girls and doing all the flowers, LOL! But, it was actually a lot of fun and the only stressful thing was the pressure I put on myself to make the dress as perfect as I could. I'd never worked with silk before and the lace was $75 a yard. I was terrified to cut into it. We went to a couple wedding dress places to get ideas, one of them was pretty exclusive, and the dresses were to die for. All that silk was intoxicating! One of them fit her like a glove and I told her I'd buy it for her right then and there but she was pretty set on her mama making her dress. So, I checked out every book on couture sewing our library had and dove in. I couldn't have pulled it off without those books and the internet.

Here's one of the flower girls and the little guys. They are all my great nieces and nephews and they were SO damn cute! The boys were carrying a sign that said "Here she comes". And, all three of us walking down the aisle (or isle if you're Jenelle).

Wedding-431 new.jpg

WP_20150801_037.jpg

• Love 12

It was a really fun day! Great people, delicious food and no drama. Jenelle would have bored to death - haha! Okay, just one more, then I'll stop. This was a snap from a cell phone but it's one of my faves. They are both such great kids and got married for all the right reasons and they love each other to pieces. I'm expecting to hear I'm going to be a granny any day now. They got married 2 years ago.

11855873_10100702053201943_7674653290927473985_n.jpg

• Love 9

Awww, thanks you guys :) I was very proud of that dress. I learned a lot about myself while I was figuring out how to make it. I learned that I have an incredible amount of patience and that I can stop myself from throwing shit when I get really frustrated-haha! I made the whole thing out of muslin first (thank you couture sewing books) and I had to make the bodice twice because the original pattern I made didn't work. Did you know that all the design houses make a muslin dress form to the client's measurements before any sewing is done? Princess Diana lost so much weight while her gown was being made that they had to make several and  had to keep altering her gown. It was the first time I tried to make a pattern on my own and it frustrated the hell out of me. Thankfully, a friend loaned me a dress form that I was able to adjust to my daughter's measurements and that helped a lot.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Oh my. Reading how you made that dress, it makes me regret not taking up sewing in high school. *sigh*

I can cook great food!! 

My granny taught me how to sew when I was 6. She left me her sewing machine in her will :) It's something that has served me well all of my life. I don't know how many sets of curtains I've made or pillow covers I've sewn to spiff up a crappy house I was living in when I was young and single. I made a ton of costumes for myself and my kids and made most of my daughter's horseshow clothes when she was doing that. She was really tiny and the stuff I could buy was SO expensive and she'd outgrow it in a season. So, that's when I started modifying patterns to suit what I needed. Same thing with costumes. I started thinking about the wedding dress like a costume. Engineer it and figure it out! I wish kids still had to take HomeEc like we did in school. Learn how to do practical things like cooking and sewing instead of bringing a fake baby home for the weekend to let your parents watch.

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Learn how to do practical things like cooking and sewing instead of bringing a fake baby home for the weekend to let your parents watch.

And in Barb’s case a real life baby to watch for the  next 18 years

• Love 3

Hey SoCal posters- I'm coming to your neck of the woods next month for work! It's just a short trip, but we are spending one day in LA, two days in Palm Springs, and the last day at Redondo Beach. My work trips have previously included touristy spots  such as Waterloo, IA, Marshfield, WI, and the cherry on top, Huron, South Dakota, so this is the big time for me!

I am trying to get us hooked up with some Monterey based commercial lenders, because driving over that bridge is on my bucket list.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Hey SoCal posters- I'm coming to your neck of the woods next month for work! It's just a short trip, but we are spending one day in LA, two days in Palm Springs, and the last day at Redondo Beach. My work trips have previously included touristy spots  such as Waterloo, IA, Marshfield, WI, and the cherry on top, Huron, South Dakota, so this is the big time for me!

I am trying to get us hooked up with some Monterey based commercial lenders, because driving over that bridge is on my bucket list.

Oooh how exciting! Ohhh Monterey is such a lovely place. What are your plans in L.A.? 

Unfortunately, a bunch of meetings. It's a networking trip, which is nice in a way, but it means every breakfast, lunch, dinner, happy hour, and cocktail hour is dedicated to various potential clients, so I will have NO downtime. Plus I'll have to wear a dress and heels. I am still looking forward to it, because I LOVE California, and I very rarely get to go (most beach vacations for our family are in FL because it's cheaper and logistically easier).

I do have a question though- why is it so hard to find a beachfront hotel on the Pacific? In FL, you can get take your pick of like thousands of hotels where you could lean over the balcony and spit and hit either the Atlantic or the Gulf, yet on the CA side I had a really hard time finding anything that was beachfront. Our Redondo beach hotel is several blocks back from the Pacific. Is it just zoning issues?

2 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Unfortunately, a bunch of meetings. It's a networking trip, which is nice in a way, but it means every breakfast, lunch, dinner, happy hour, and cocktail hour is dedicated to various potential clients, so I will have NO downtime. Plus I'll have to wear a dress and heels. I am still looking forward to it, because I LOVE California, and I very rarely get to go (most beach vacations for our family are in FL because it's cheaper and logistically easier).

I do have a question though- why is it so hard to find a beachfront hotel on the Pacific? In FL, you can get take your pick of like thousands of hotels where you could lean over the balcony and spit and hit either the Atlantic or the Gulf, yet on the CA side I had a really hard time finding anything that was beachfront. Our Redondo beach hotel is several blocks back from the Pacific. Is it just zoning issues?

That seems to be the case for that particular area. That is not close to my area where I live so I am not real sure, but my husband is here telling me zoning is a problem, if not the main problem. He says it might have to do with earthquake fault lines and such. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I guess San Diego had some beachfront properties....of course, I was last there in 2010, and I couldn't afford anything beachfront at that time...

I did read an interesting article that said in Monterey, CA, it's very rare to have beachfront houses, but I can't remember why. That's why most of the houses used in the show Big Little Lies were actually in Malibu.

Too bad, this Midwesterner really wants to soak up the Pacific!

• Love 1

You will love Monterey. When we have visited up there, we tried to get a hotel as close to the beach so we didn't have to walk very far. We ended up having to drive. One area that I love is Avila Beach. There are some hotels that are very close to the ocean. It is two hours from Monterey. I know that won't work for you, but if ever you get a chance, that would be a place I would recommend to you.  Monterey's coast is so precious and beautiful, rocky in some areas. A lot of homes that are near the beach are usually situated on cliffs that overlook the ocean. Even though here where I live it is near the ocean, I do enjoy visiting the oceans of other areas. 

San Diego is very pricey when it comes to hotels. Hella expensive. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 1

Damn, Tom Petty on life support! This is too much bad news in one day.

Feeling so outraged and sad at what occurred in Vegas. We were just there a month ago. We visit there every so often. 

Thank goodness for this board where I can get some laughs and snark in to help with this sadness. 

• Love 6

I have an old high school friend who was at the concert with her 12 yr old daughter.  She laid her daughter down and laid on top of her. Then a gentleman they did not know laid on top of them. He took a shot to the leg.  They made it to their room and were in lockdown this morning. she says her daughter was ok until she fell asleep around 2am. I can't imagine the mental trauma this will be on them both. I cried knowing I'd do the exact same for my child.  Ugh. 

Then let's add Tom petty to the sad news days.  Sigh 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I have an old high school friend who was at the concert with her 12 yr old daughter.  She laid her daughter down and laid on top of her. Then a gentleman they did not know laid on top of them. He took a shot to the leg.  They made it to their room and were in lockdown this morning. she says her daughter was ok until she fell asleep around 2am. I can't imagine the mental trauma this will be on them both. I cried knowing I'd do the exact same for my child.  Ugh. 

Then let's add Tom petty to the sad news days.  Sigh 

Oh sweet, Jesus! I am reading your post and I am expecting to read one of them was killed. Thankfully, they made it out alive. I am so sorry for what your friend and daughter suffered. That man, what a hero. Bless him.

I was up late on the computer, as usual, when I received an alert. Damnit. Our country is in the shithole as it is and then we are again enduring the loss of many lives because people are acquiring guns who have no business owning them in the first place. Tragic. People's lives have been turned upside down. My heart is aching real bad for everyone who was affected. RIP to those affected. 

Now, Tom Petty lost his life. No brain activity. They had to pull the plug. Goodbye, Tom. RIP. An American Boy. 

• Love 6

Back in school our boyfriends were best friends so that's how we knew each other. She moved to California after graduation.  I knew she went and I knew she had been in the area. But then to read what happened just made me cry. Not that it isn't sad to begin with but any of us could or ourself in her shoes, with our child. Having one the same age was like a punch in the gut.  There seems to be so much hate lately, and for a stranger to throw himself on them.  More tears.  Her husband had decided not to go at the last minute. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mkay said:

Back in school our boyfriends were best friends so that's how we knew each other. She moved to California after graduation.  I knew she went and I knew she had been in the area. But then to read what happened just made me cry. Not that it isn't sad to begin with but any of us could or ourself in her shoes, with our child. Having one the same age was like a punch in the gut.  There seems to be so much hate lately, and for a stranger to throw himself on them.  More tears.  Her husband had decided not to go at the last minute. 

So sad. It must have been a flood of emotions for her poor husband. I can't even imagine. 

I just found out a casual friend lost a co-worker in the shooting. She posted about it on her FB page. The woman was a teacher. She leaves behind not only family and friends, but so many students and fellow co-workers who are in shock. 

• Love 4