Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

I've mentioned living on a farm to you guys and told you a week or so ago it was lambing season. I've been spending more time in the barn than in the house lately-LOL! So, I figured sharing a pic with you all would make a great palate cleanser from the sadness we've been watching with the MTV heifers. Even though we've had some sadness and bizarre things happen with the ewes and their lambs this spring, this is what makes it all worth it. This is my Blue Faced Leicester ewe, Seren and the ewe lamb she delivered at about midnight Tuesday night. There's nothing like a cuddle with mama to make things right with the world!

serenlamb1.JPG

• Love 24

So much sweetness in that photo! I declare that photo be posted from time to time when things get heated and we need to de-stress around here, only because I don't have the time to go on vacation like some of these heifers do.

• Love 6

Ok we saw Pedialite on Leahs' counter. I mentioned her needing it if she was out of pills. I unfortunately have been on drugs for spinal diseases. The FDA cracked down after Michael Jacksons death. The doctor was based in Las Vegas as I was. The area doctors went on lockdown. So then they send you to pain management. You pay for a RX appointment. Then Physical therapy 3 x a week. Then there is a shrink. You pay for allllll of this. Also drug testing. My doctor didn't care that I smoke weed. It works good for my appetite and anxiety. So you spend most of your week going SOMEWHERE! When I moved back east its even worse. I couldn't take being treated like a criminal. Besides the drugs don't cure or help much but my body got addicted. I did not abuse anything. So coming off you need certain supplies like electrolights to keep you alive. I weaned myself off. I also had a plan. Tons of clean sheets and pjs.Pedi, anti nausea meds in both forms oral and rectal and anti shit meds. Those have a lil narco so it's a two fold fix. It was a disaster for about 2 weeks. Then I could keep pedialite down. Stepped up to Ensure.     

• Love 5
On 3/10/2017 at 11:43 AM, FairyDusted said:

Ok we saw Pedialite on Leahs' counter. I mentioned her needing it if she was out of pills. I unfortunately have been on drugs for spinal diseases. The FDA cracked down after Michael Jacksons death. The doctor was based in Las Vegas as I was. The area doctors went on lockdown. So then they send you to pain management. You pay for a RX appointment. Then Physical therapy 3 x a week. Then there is a shrink. You pay for allllll of this. Also drug testing. My doctor didn't care that I smoke weed. It works good for my appetite and anxiety. So you spend most of your week going SOMEWHERE! When I moved back east its even worse. I couldn't take being treated like a criminal. Besides the drugs don't cure or help much but my body got addicted. I did not abuse anything. So coming off you need certain supplies like electrolights to keep you alive. I weaned myself off. I also had a plan. Tons of clean sheets and pjs.Pedi, anti nausea meds in both forms oral and rectal and anti shit meds. Those have a lil narco so it's a two fold fix. It was a disaster for about 2 weeks. Then I could keep pedialite down. Stepped up to Ensure.     

Thank you for the information. I had no idea about Pedialyte being used by addicts. I knew it was used by those suffering from anorexia.

• Love 1

I have been up here in Washington and Oregon for a week. I'm not ready to go home. I've hiked and walked my booty off, but not enough. We went out to San Juan Island to try and see a whale. But of course I had to make a filming location stop while there. The location for where the house was built for Pratical Magic.  Eeeeek!! 

Of course while in Oregon there was the location for The Shining! (Hotel exteriors) Since we were in the vicinity The Carver Cafe from Twilight and Bridge of the Gods from Wild. Astoria for Goonies. The people who live here are so incredibly lucky. Not just for those fun places. Waterfalls are my passion. I could hang out at one for hours.  All those around the Columbia River Gorge.  It broke my heart when it was time to leave that area. It was pouring down rain and I was still so determined to hike to Oneonta Falls and couldn't do it. The water was freezing.  

That's the reason I've been quite. Back home I sit on my butt because it's too hot to enjoy the outdoors. It was cold and rainy here and I was still out and about. That's the weather I love. Someday I'll move here. I'm so over 9 months of heat in Texas.  Sigh 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Mkay said:

I have been up here in Washington and Oregon for a week. I'm not ready to go home. I've hiked and walked my booty off, but not enough. We went out to San Juan Island to try and see a whale. But of course I had to make a filming location stop while there. The location for where the house was built for Pratical Magic.  Eeeeek!! 

Of course while in Oregon there was the location for The Shining! (Hotel exteriors) Since we were in the vicinity The Carver Cafe from Twilight and Bridge of the Gods from Wild. Astoria for Goonies. The people who live here are so incredibly lucky. Not just for those fun places. Waterfalls are my passion. I could hang out at one for hours.  All those around the Columbia River Gorge.  It broke my heart when it was time to leave that area. It was pouring down rain and I was still so determined to hike to Oneonta Falls and couldn't do it. The water was freezing.  

That's the reason I've been quite. Back home I sit on my butt because it's too hot to enjoy the outdoors. It was cold and rainy here and I was still out and about. That's the weather I love. Someday I'll move here. I'm so over 9 months of heat in Texas.  Sigh 

WE JUST MOVED TO PORTLAND LAST YEAR.

This rain is driving me insane. I love rain (Californians love rain, it's true. Magic water falling from the sky). I wish it weren't so cold. 

Where are the Shining hotel exteriors? I must visit!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Mkay said:

Hellls bells! You're in my neighborhood! I live about 40 miles NE of Seattle.The San Juans are really beautiful, aren't they? When we had a boat, we used to go to Orcas Island for a week every summer. The Canadian San Juans are even more beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying your time here. The rain is starting to get to me, though, and I've lived here all my life. I'm tired of mud in the pastures! But, I have lots of indoor work to keep me busy. Begin rant............

We have a rental home on the 5 acres next to us. It was my Dad's house and we've used it as a rental since he passed in 2009. On November 1, I gave the tenants 90 days to move out. They weren't taking care of the place and rental rates have gone up a lot around here. I wanted them out and I wanted to get what what the place is worth per month. They left it in despicable shape. Cat urine soaked into the subfloor and wall in the master bedroom, soaked into the subfloor in one other bedroom. The beautiful hardwood floor has dozens of stains on it and the entire house was filthy. A friend of ours operates a bio hazard cleaning business and her crew will be here tomorrow to remove the subfloors and part of the wall in the bedrooms. I've been busting ass for 10-12 hours a day cleaning and painting. Thankfully, I had an iron clad lease and all of the damage is on them to pay for. I threatened her with a lawsuit and she's paid me over $10k. That'll cover the floors, the $1200 in custom window shades, etc. Live and Learn. I've already hired a property manager to screen the next tenants to within an inch of their life and she'll also do walk throughs every 3 months. 

AND, I have one more ewe to lamb and she's due anytime after Friday. Between the rental and the barn, I've forgotten what being home is like! Thanks for listening and if any of you feel the need to clean or paint, let me know. We'll make it a party and you can cuddle  a lamb when you're done - LOL!

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Mkay said:

Wow that's quite a trip. I want to live in the Practical Magic House. I miss Toooo Hot to go out in Vegas as we are snowed in here in Ohio.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, lovesnark said:

Hellls bells! You're in my neighborhood! I live about 40 miles NE of Seattle.The San Juans are really beautiful, aren't they? When we had a boat, we used to go to Orcas Island for a week every summer. The Canadian San Juans are even more beautiful. I'm glad you're enjoying your time here. The rain is starting to get to me, though, and I've lived here all my life. I'm tired of mud in the pastures! But, I have lots of indoor work to keep me busy. Begin rant............

We have a rental home on the 5 acres next to us. It was my Dad's house and we've used it as a rental since he passed in 2009. On November 1, I gave the tenants 90 days to move out. They weren't taking care of the place and rental rates have gone up a lot around here. I wanted them out and I wanted to get what what the place is worth per month. They left it in despicable shape. Cat urine soaked into the subfloor and wall in the master bedroom, soaked into the subfloor in one other bedroom. The beautiful hardwood floor has dozens of stains on it and the entire house was filthy. A friend of ours operates a bio hazard cleaning business and her crew will be here tomorrow to remove the subfloors and part of the wall in the bedrooms. I've been busting ass for 10-12 hours a day cleaning and painting. Thankfully, I had an iron clad lease and all of the damage is on them to pay for. I threatened her with a lawsuit and she's paid me over $10k. That'll cover the floors, the $1200 in custom window shades, etc. Live and Learn. I've already hired a property manager to screen the next tenants to within an inch of their life and she'll also do walk throughs every 3 months. 

AND, I have one more ewe to lamb and she's due anytime after Friday. Between the rental and the barn, I've forgotten what being home is like! Thanks for listening and if any of you feel the need to clean or paint, let me know. We'll make it a party and you can cuddle  a lamb when you're done - LOL!

Omgosh! We went through Landlord hell as well. We even hired a management company and we got screwed so hard. It was just supposed to be a single mom and her 2 kids. She requested new carpet and I came up to check it out. I did get new carpet throughout. She wasn't supposed to be in the house yet and when I came back to see the carpet installed and see what else needed to be done I walked into a brown glossy mess covering every damn wall including borders. I told her not to paint anymore. Also some of my appliances were missing. She put them in storage someplace. She agreed to return the walls back and I provided the paint down the line. Well I was nervous about the renter over the paint but allowed her to stay the year she signed on for. I had the management company and a relative do a walk through quarterly. My sister and God Mother did the final walk through. Filthy doesn't begin to cover it. The hot tub was totally destroyed as was the pool and shed. We had to have the whole interior painted and cleaned and pest control. We said no pets no smoking. She did both. She also moved in at least 6 people. They told the neighbors they owned. My neighbors told me there was at least 6 cars here with a revolving door of suspicion of drug deals. The management company didn't give a lick or tell me about issues at all. All this leading to me having to move in 2 years before my husband is due to retire. He finally gets here in July. We needed then income to repair and replace. Y'all have been great company. And my hubby now knows I'm a Prevert.

• Love 1

How neat. We weren't too far away then. My husband has been applying at all the bases since he currently works at one but due to that darn hiring freeze. ? PNW is definitely where we want to move.  My heart hurt having to leave San Juan behind. Now we are at the airport. Long wait and plane ride to Texas.  Gonna have to start my dose of Xanax soon.  Hahaha

• Love 1

Living next door is the only way I'd be a landlord unless I did walk throughs every month. I knew the white trash tenants weren't taking care of the place (didn't know the extent of the inside) and that's when I told them to move. They were paying $1700 and when it's ready to rent again, it'll go for $2500 - $2800 a month. I had a guy from a flooring company come out to measure today. He lives near me and is paying $1800 a month for a 2 bedroom condo with a one car garage. No more carpet, either. We're going with bamboo or high quality laminate. And, NO CATS! I love cats and have 3 in the house full time and a couple that wander in and out. You'd never know it because I keep their litter box clean. I will never trust anyone to have a cat in a house I own again. It's not the cat's fault, it's the idiot who owns it and never cleans their litter box. I might be open to a dog if the circumstance is right and I know a previous landlord history with it. The house has a huge fenced yard but I have livestock. I have to be assured the dog won't go after my animals if someone leaves the gate open.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Mkay said:

I have thought about renting our house here in Texas and just moving up there.  But the. I worry about the nightmare situation like you are having. Eeek!!

The only way to do it is to research property managers in the area like crazy and talk to their clients. We have a friend with 3 rentals in CA (he lives in WA) and the property managers he has do a great job.

The last of the lambs arrived this morning. I went out to do chores and found a ewe lamb and a ram lamb and their mother was nowhere in sight. She was out in the little pasture with her buddy. I scooped the babies up and put them in a lambing stall, got mom and put her in there with them. She was totally uninterested. I put a halter on her and held her still while they nursed and she seems to be coming around. Sometimes, the first time moms take a while to get with the program. 99% of the time, they do a great job and are excellent mamas. Keep your fingers crossed that Jane figures out this mama sheep thing!

• Love 5

One is black, one is white. The white one is pretty dirty with yellow amniotic fluid and dirt from the floor of the pen he was born in. I'll get some pics when he looks more presentable :) Mama should get to licking him and cleaning him up soon. I just checked on them and she was nuzzling both of them while they napped. Good sign!

• Love 4
On 3/15/2017 at 11:22 AM, lovesnark said:

Sorry you're dealing with that, but I am actually pleasantly surprised you were able to recoup any money from your loser ex tenants. A lot of people would have shrugged and said, sue me. I mean, yeah, you would have won, but getting a judgment and getting your money are two separate things, so glad she paid up!

Back when real estate was rock bottom prices, husband wanted to snap up some properties cheap and either resell or rent out. I was like, hell no. For every one person who has had an easy, profitable experience, there are like, 15 horror stories I've heard. Hope your next tenant is way better!

• Love 2

I love the islands off of Washington. They are so beautiful. San Juan is very, very beautiful.  I have family who live in Lake Stevens. They just recently moved there from Seattle.

@lovesnark that is so terrible to read about your rental home. I am sorry. Being an owner of rental homes, I have been very lucky to not have encountered what you are dealing with. Thankfully, you didn't have to go to court to recoup the money. At least they took your threat seriously and coughed up the money you are owed. I hope things go great for you in the future now that you got those vermin out of there. People just have no respect for other people's property. Sounds like they had a great deal paying the rent they did only to trash the property.

I wanted to share my father-in-law passed away. The man lived a very long life. He passed away at the age of 95. He still had his memory, he was still driving and he was very talkative. That is how I want to go out when I pass. No sadness here as we know he lived a long, wonderful life. I had the blessing to be able to say goodbye to him although it wasn't really a goodbye as much as letting him know I felt loved like a daughter and how I always felt welcomed in the family.  Yesterday my sister-in-law went in for brain surgery to remove cancerous tumors. Thankfully, she made it. She is in ICU. Hoping she pulls through and can enjoy a few more years.  It's been a hectic couple of days. Miss being around here where I know I can always get a good laugh.

• Love 4

So sorry Kazu! It always seems like bad things happen all at once! Your family is in my prayers and I hope y'all are surrounded by nothing but love and positive thoughts right now.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Birdee said:

So sorry Kazu! It always seems like bad things happen all at once! Your family is in my prayers and I hope y'all are surrounded by nothing but love and positive thoughts right now.

Thanks sweetie. We sure are. Losing dad, as sad as it was, it really was a happy occasion because he took it all in stride and was ready to go be with his wife and the children who died before him. His send-off will surely be filled with laughs, good memories, and an overall happy occasion. As for my sister-in-law, she has been sick for quite some time. She actually put off getting surgery. The problem with cancer is one shouldn't put off any surgery because cancer can spread. That is what happened in this case.  She almost put off her surgery due to our father-in-law's death, but the family persuaded her to go through with it.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I love the islands off of Washington. They are so beautiful. San Juan is very, very beautiful.  I have family who live in Lake Stevens. They just recently moved there from Seattle.

@lovesnark that is so terrible to read about your rental home. I am sorry. Being an owner of rental homes, I have been very lucky to not have encountered what you are dealing with. Thankfully, you didn't have to go to court to recoup the money. At least they took your threat seriously and coughed up the money you are owed. I hope things go great for you in the future now that you got those vermin out of there. People just have no respect for other people's property. Sounds like they had a great deal paying the rent they did only to trash the property.

I wanted to share my father-in-law passed away. The man lived a very long life. He passed away at the age of 95. He still had his memory, he was still driving and he was very talkative. That is how I want to go out when I pass. No sadness here as we know he lived a long, wonderful life. I had the blessing to be able to say goodbye to him although it wasn't really a goodbye as much as letting him know I felt loved like a daughter and how I always felt welcomed in the family.  Yesterday my sister-in-law went in for brain surgery to remove cancerous tumors. Thankfully, she made it. She is in ICU. Hoping she pulls through and can enjoy a few more years.  It's been a hectic couple of days. Miss being around here where I know I can always get a good laugh.

So sorry Kazu.  

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Sorry for your loss Kazu and hope your SIL make a full recovery. Have they tested to see if it spread? Or are they waiting until the tumors are removed? I don't know much about brain surgery.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Tatum said:

Sorry for your loss Kazu and hope your SIL make a full recovery. Have they tested to see if it spread? Or are they waiting until the tumors are removed? I don't know much about brain surgery.

Thank you. Thank you to @Mkay as well.

That is the problem, Tatum. My SIL had cancer in her lungs (years of smoking). She put off getting surgery for the tumors in her lungs which led to the cancer spreading to her brain. smdh  It is frustrating and yet, all anyone can do is let her make her own decisions. I am the opposite. If a doctor says surgery can relieve me of something, I jump on it.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

That is the problem, Tatum. My SIL had cancer in her lungs (years of smoking). She put off getting surgery for the tumors in her lungs which led to the cancer spreading to her brain. smdh  It is frustrating and yet, all anyone can do is let her make her own decisions. I am the opposite. If a doctor says surgery can relieve me of something, I jump on it.

I know how you feel. Someone close to me was diagnosed with cancer, and they thought they had caught it early, but after lumpectomy additional testing revealed the cancer had spread, and it's no longer as simple as removal and chemo is very strongly recommended. She won't do it. Her choice, but sure not what I would do.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I'm liking your posts but I swear it isn't because I actually like what is happening!  Sending good thoughts, that sounds really like a really tough few weeks for your family. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Tatum said:

I know how you feel. Someone close to me was diagnosed with cancer, and they thought they had caught it early, but after lumpectomy additional testing revealed the cancer had spread, and it's no longer as simple as removal and chemo is very strongly recommended. She won't do it. Her choice, but sure not what I would do.

It goes to show that each person handles their lives differently. I am sorry to hear about your relative. It sounds like she may not want to go through the ordeal of chemo. Let's hope we never have to make such a choice. Thoughts are with you, her, and the family.

Thank you @MissMel and @ChocolateAddict your words mean so much.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4

You guys.  I was just grocery shopping with my five year old and he freaked out about lunchables.  Apparently one of his little friends at school brings them every day.  No, we don't live in West Virginia.  Telling him "no honey, mommy would never live it down on the message boards" wasn't really a viable option, so I bought him one. 

Hangs head in shame.

• Love 10

Don't feel bad.  My kid had a meltdown in the grocery store at 5 too.  They're people and they have bad days just like we all do.  My child is 23 now and I can't even remember what he pitched a fit over.  I do remember my reaction to it, though.  And apparently he did too.  No shame from me, I love me some Lunchables still to this day.  I wish I could figure out what that dill mustard-y sauce was, back in the day.  ?

• Love 1
On 3/17/2017 at 11:24 AM, GreatKazu said:

I'm sorry for what life is throwing at you. Your father in law sounds a lot like my Pop. He went just as he wanted and lived a good, long life full of love and adventure. We had a potluck a couple weeks after he passed and it was a happy day with a lot of laughs. I'm so grateful that he lived next door to us for 11 years and it was an honor to be able to help him during that last year. Here's a chuckle for you..... I live in Lake Stevens! Have for 30 years - haha!

• Love 1

Well, Jane sort of got with the mom thing. By this morning, it was evident that she wasn't going to let her boy lamb eat. So, I have another bottle baby. I name the babies a name that starts with the first letter of their mom's, so this is Jeorge. He's with my beloved old ewe, Blanche. She's about 13-14 and doesn't have babies anymore but she loves the lambs. She's the best nanny in the world and worth her weight in gold! She loves them, cuddles with them, lets them climb on her and does everything a mama sheep would do but nurse them. She has two foster babies this year and has been elevated to Saint Blanche :)

Saint Blanche.JPG

• Love 10

Putting this here because it could go on too many Mom's threads, so to keep from repeating myself ad nauseam, I am watching a show on the Viceland channel called Needles & Pins about tattooing, in this episode how it has become illegal in Japan and people are discriminated on if they have them, even refused apartments and work, and the work on that show, including full sleeves and complete back coverings, make the Teen Mom tattoos look even worse. I'm always surprised by how bad their tattoos are since they have the money to pay for decent work, but this show just put it into perspective, again.

There are tattoos that are erotic anime, along with religious artwork, fantasy designs, and the conceptions of people requesting the work. I wonder if Kail and Amber look at their work and see the beautiful artwork like on this show. Kail clearly has delusions about herself when she looks in the mirror.

On 3/18/2017 at 7:44 PM, lovesnark said:

I'm sorry for what life is throwing at you. Your father in law sounds a lot like my Pop. He went just as he wanted and lived a good, long life full of love and adventure. We had a potluck a couple weeks after he passed and it was a happy day with a lot of laughs. I'm so grateful that he lived next door to us for 11 years and it was an honor to be able to help him during that last year. Here's a chuckle for you..... I live in Lake Stevens! Have for 30 years - haha!

Thanks sweetie!

Lake Stevens is a gorgeous area. I can't wait to visit our family in the future. I see their photos and I am just in awe. I have enjoyed going to Washington. So much to do. The islands are my fave part of visiting the area.

@druzy Thank you. My SIL is up and walking around. She is feeling great. Thanks for the prayers.

On 3/18/2017 at 9:45 PM, lovesnark said:

Well, Jane sort of got with the mom thing. By this morning, it was evident that she wasn't going to let her boy lamb eat. So, I have another bottle baby. I name the babies a name that starts with the first letter of their mom's, so this is Jeorge. He's with my beloved old ewe, Blanche. She's about 13-14 and doesn't have babies anymore but she loves the lambs. She's the best nanny in the world and worth her weight in gold! She loves them, cuddles with them, lets them climb on her and does everything a mama sheep would do but nurse them. She has two foster babies this year and has been elevated to Saint Blanche :)

Saint Blanche.JPG

Awwww look at this lovely moment! Blanche is a better step-mom than those moms named Jenelle and Kail. :-)

20 hours ago, Christina said:

Putting this here because it could go on too many Mom's threads, so to keep from repeating myself ad nauseam, I am watching a show on the Viceland channel called Needles & Pins about tattooing, in this episode how it has become illegal in Japan and people are discriminated on if they have them, even refused apartments and work, and the work on that show, including full sleeves and complete back coverings, make the Teen Mom tattoos look even worse. I'm always surprised by how bad their tattoos are since they have the money to pay for decent work, but this show just put it into perspective, again.

There are tattoos that are erotic anime, along with religious artwork, fantasy designs, and the conceptions of people requesting the work. I wonder if Kail and Amber look at their work and see the beautiful artwork like on this show. Kail clearly has delusions about herself when she looks in the mirror.

I need to check out that documentary.

The TM girls really truly believe the shit they get tattooed on their bodies is the best. They figure they paid a good sum of money therefore, it must be the best.  I am still laughing at Kail having gotten a stop watch tattoo on her arm to signify when she and Javi met.

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Thanks sweetie!

Lake Stevens is a gorgeous area. I can't wait to visit our family in the future. I see their photos and I am just in awe. I have enjoyed going to Washington. So much to do. The islands are my fave part of visiting the area.

@druzy Thank you. My SIL is up and walking around. She is feeling great. Thanks for the prayers.

Awwww look at this lovely moment! Blanche is a better step-mom than those moms named Jenelle and Kail. :-)

I need to check out that documentary.

The TM girls really truly believe the shit they get tattooed on their bodies is the best. They figure they paid a good sum of money therefore, it must be the best.  I am still laughing at Kail having gotten a stop watch tattoo on her arm to signify when she and Javi met.

Gonna have to google lake Stevens. I loved San Juan Islands. We went to try and see whales but only saw some seals. That was still exciting.  We only see Pollen here in East Texas. We spent a lot of time at Deception Pass. Those two were our favorites this trip. 

I really hope we get to move there. It's currently 84 here now and there is this big, bright, hot yellow thing in the sky that makes me hibernate for ten months out of the yr.  We are so happy in the PNW with the clouds, rain, cool temperatures. I didn't want to stay out of it. The less sun I see, the happier I am.  If hubby doesn't get a job and I happen to find a great one there, we would move in an instant.  I think it would be great for us. The heat is depressing.  For real. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Mkay said:

Gonna have to google lake Stevens. I loved San Juan Islands. We went to try and see whales but only saw some seals. That was still exciting.  We only see Pollen here in East Texas. We spent a lot of time at Deception Pass. Those two were our favorites this trip. 

I really hope we get to move there. It's currently 84 here now and there is this big, bright, hot yellow thing in the sky that makes me hibernate for ten months out of the yr.  We are so happy in the PNW with the clouds, rain, cool temperatures. I didn't want to stay out of it. The less sun I see, the happier I am.  If hubby doesn't get a job and I happen to find a great one there, we would move in an instant.  I think it would be great for us. The heat is depressing.  For real. 

I've lived in the Pacific NW my whole life. I was born in Seattle. The rain around here does get to be dreary sometimes, but that's why I have lots of indoor things I love to do. I spin, knit, sew and love to read. Great things for rainy days! The thing I love the most about living in WA is that you have the ocean, the sound, mountains, desert and everything in between within a few hour's drive. If you wind up here, we can get together and snark!

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

I've lived in the Pacific NW my whole life. I was born in Seattle. The rain around here does get to be dreary sometimes, but that's why I have lots of indoor things I love to do. I spin, knit, sew and love to read. Great things for rainy days! The thing I love the most about living in WA is that you have the ocean, the sound, mountains, desert and everything in between within a few hour's drive. If you wind up here, we can get together and snark!

Yes! Love having all of that right there.  Waterfalls, ocean, mountains, love it! Add a little snark in the mix! So. Much. Fun!! 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Mkay said:

Yes! Love having all of that right there.  Waterfalls, ocean, mountains, love it! Add a little snark in the mix! So. Much. Fun!! 

You can hang out with me and learn how to be a shepherdess. I'll have you wrangling sheep in no time - haha! Or, if sheep aren't your thing, you can hang with the donkeys. They are the sweetest creatures ever and love attention and treats! This is Rosa and her daughter Laina. Laina was 4 days old when I took this pic. She'll be 5 this summer.

rosa&laina1.jpg

Edited by lovesnark
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, lovesnark said:

You can hang out with me and learn how to be a shepherdess. I'll have you wrangling sheep in no time - haha! Or, if sheep aren't your thing, you can hang with the donkeys. They are the sweetest creatures ever and love attention and treats! This is Rosa and her daughter Laina. Laina was 4 days old when I took this pic. She'll be 5 this summer.

rosa&laina1.jpg

Too flipping cute!!! Not just because Eeyore is my absolute favorite Disney character. Hahahaha My daughter is ten and we have pastures full of cows all around us. Whenever there is a new baby cow we stop the car and awwww at him.  I bet the owners think we are scoping out which cow we want to steal. Hahaha She and I would have fun with cute lil donkies. 

• Love 3

As of today, I have 5 donkeys, 2 cows, 9 chickens and 15 sheep (that includes lambs and the 2 adult rams). I'm not going to breed the sheep anymore, so the adult rams and several sheep will be sold. I will keep a small flock of 7-8 for their fiber. I also have a dog, 3 indoor cats, 2 retired barn cats that are in and out and 4 very shy barn cats. It's a given that if you have chickens, you're going to attract rats. The barn cats provide rodent control services and I provide a great big barn with lots of cat beds tucked around, an old couch in the hayloft for lounging, two cat trees, an always full dish of dry food and wet food daily. It's a win-win. Unadoptable feral or shy cats get a great home to live out their years and they provide rodent control services while they're at it.

• Love 4

Haha! You can tell when things are quiet around home by how much I post. The animals generally don't take too much time to care for. Lambing season makes for more time with the sheep, especially having bottle babies. Now that spring is finally creeping in, we won't have to feed hay for much longer and that will cut out some chore time. Once everyone is eating grass, I just make sure the water troughs are full. Chickens are really easy to take care of and don't require much time. They have a big feeder that lasts for a few days and a big waterer that only needs to be refilled every few days.  Getting the rental repaired, cleaned and painted is a huge project that I wasn't anticipating but it's getting there. Speaking of the rental........

Has anyone here used Sears for any home improvement projects? We're going to replace the flooring in the bedrooms, hallway and family room with high quality laminate but I needed an estimate for carpet because that's what the slobs are responsible for ruining. I contacted a bunch of people for estimates and Sears was the first to respond, so I had them out last week. It was like sitting through a time share presentation! Two hours of watching demos on her laptop, listening to the history of Sears Roebuck, blah, blah, blah. I wanted to scream at her to just take the fucking measurements, show me some samples and give me a bid. Now, I'm dreading the barrage of phone calls that will surely follow.

@lovesnark be careful with Sears.  They are thisclose to going out of business*.  If something would happen in the installation or aftermath,  you would probably not have their full support in helping you out.   

*just read an article in the Chicago Tribune business section today if you want to google it.