Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

22 minutes ago, MissMel said:

I'm going to ask for a favor, right now.  If you happen to be a praying person, can you send up one or two please?  If you're not, that's cool too.  Just some good vibes can go a long way, as well.  :)

It's for the mother of these children.  Girl (woman, she's in her early 30's but she will always be a girl to me.  I think we met when she was 11 or 12)  She's trying to get number than numb.  The kids are safe but this girl is not.  Keep in mind, she just lost all of her parents.  Her mom last week.  She is lost.  

I know some people think addiction is a choice, and I can see it that way sometimes too.  This girl is on the ledge and there isn't shit we can do about it until she falls.  And hopefully survives.  

I know I sound crazy.  I lost my sister, my only sibling, 4 years ago.  My brother in law hanged himself 4 months later.  This feels pretty important to me.  I don't want to lose this girl too.  

Sending prayers and good vibes your way. I hope she survives her rock bottom and can get the help she needs.

• Love 3

I sometimes browse the regular forum for TM2 but haven't gone to this one---- and I am so touched reading the last few pages- wishing you all strength and better  outcomes- improved days ahead and lots of healing. It just goes back to that old saying that you never know what battles people are fighting........ hugs to each and every one of you.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I sometimes browse the regular forum for TM2 but haven't gone to this one---- and I am so touched reading the last few pages- wishing you all strength and better  outcomes- improved days ahead and lots of healing. It just goes back to that old saying that you never know what battles people are fighting........ hugs to each and every one of you.

How sweet.

So true. You never know who might be going through something similar or who has been through what you have been through.

@MissMel prayers. Addiction is horrible. It is a disease. Many of us have dealt with those who have suffered from addictions. Although we can tear them apart for their actions, deep down we know they need help. You never know what can send someone down the hell hole of addiction. We don't always know the trauma someone has encountered in life. I hope for this young mother she finds herself in a better place. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6

@MissMel, I'm an atheist but you and that family are all in my thoughts. I've been in your position and I'm so sorry for everyone involved. I've heard that most of today's heroin addicts were first addicted to opiate pain medicine.  I had a bad accident a couple of years ago and will be on time released morphine for the foreseeable future and I'm terrified of becoming addicted. I even went to Narcotics Anonymous and got a sponsor to keep me on the straight and narrow.  Addicts aren't bad people and I hope your friend can get and wants help.  People don't realize how extremely easy it is to become addicted and how it's so very hard to stop.  I haven't had alcohol since 12/29/85 and even after all these years, I still get cravings on occasion.  I hope everything will be ok, just don't give up on the addict. 

I feel bad now that I came to post something frivolous. I'll wait for a more appropriate time. 

Edited to say, MissMel, I have to thank you for saying "if you're a praying person"...  I appreciate that so much. I hate when people assume that everyone believes the same as them. Thank you. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 10

Aww, of course @Maharincess.  And thank you.  I try to not assume anything about anyone.  Go ahead and make your frivolous post.  We're all here to type and read, together.

Quick update on the kids:  They are doing great and still with their father.  He called DCF to get a case opened and the social worker came out to do a home a check.  She made several attempts to contact the mother and got nowhere.  (Nobody has heard from her.  She hasn't even called to check on the kids.)  The social worker transferred the kids' schools and the kids got to meet their new teachers and tour their schools Friday.  They also got brand new backpacks and supplies.  Their father has hired an attorney and the social worker will be reporting to the court, as well.  

Things are looking up for them but are still worrisome where their mother is concerned.  Her addiction did start with a legitimate prescription and she's done well, off and on, for several years now.  It's very easy to fall into for anyone.  Addiction doesn't discriminate.  Best of luck to you Maharincess!  I know you are very diligent to keep yourself safe.  I also know how hard you work to heal as much as possible.  

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Mkay said:

Washington (and Oregon if there are any of you) people are y'all ok? I see some of my favorite places in this area are on fire. I'm so sad to see if being burned.  ?

It is like our country is literally burning in hell with these fires, heatwaves, and well, certain people in charge of our country. 

• Love 9

I was just coming on to post about the Florida people! Think @Calm81 is a Floridian too. Stay safe guys!

My best friend's older sister just boarded up her house in Fort Myers and drove 10 hours north and will wait it out in GA. She said she got like 3 hours of sleep in the last 48. I can't imagine leaving my house not knowing what it will look like when I come back. You're all in my thoughts!

• Love 4
On 9/5/2017 at 0:16 PM, Mkay said:

Washington (and Oregon if there are any of you) people are y'all ok? I see some of my favorite places in this area are on fire. I'm so sad to see if being burned.  ?

I'm good here in western WA (I'm about 40 miles NE of Seattle). Just really smokey. The smoke is making for some really interesting and beautiful moon viewing, though. It's been orange to almost red.

Sending head east vibes to Irma and thinking of all of our friends in Florida. Stay safe!

• Love 3

We just got news from our county they are going to be issuing mandatory evacuations tomorrow. Unfortunately we live in the highest risk flood zone (close to the water) so even though we're on the Gulf Coast, we have to leave. :( I'm going to keep on checking in here though, don't want to miss out on anything.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Miss Chevious said:

We just got news from our county they are going to be issuing mandatory evacuations tomorrow. Unfortunately we live in the highest risk flood zone (close to the water) so even though we're on the Gulf Coast, we have to leave. :( I'm going to keep on checking in here though, don't want to miss out on anything.

Jump on the next flight to Seattle. I'll pick you up and you can hang here at the farm until it's over :) We're expecting another calf to be born any time now. This little girl was born early in the morning on the day of the eclipse.

calf1.JPG

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Jump on the next flight to Seattle. I'll pick you up and you can hang here at the farm until it's over :) We're expecting another calf to be born any time now. This little girl was born early in the morning on the day of the eclipse.

calf1.JPG

OMG! My daughter and I just love baby cows! Even though we are Texans and see them all the time, leaving my house we pass huge pastures on the way to the main highway. If we see a baby cow I slow down so we can oooh and aww over how adorable they are. Love watching them play!

My heart is breaking over the fires along the Columbia River Gorge. Spent a lot of time there in Marh, in the pouring rain, and I still didn't want to leave. 

Everyone in Fl, Wa, OR, wherever y'all are be careful! 

Edited by Mkay
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

calf1.JPG

Aww, I'd love to! She's a cutie! 

Aww, adorable @lovesnark!

@Miss Chevious, last I heard 75 is crowded but moving better than 95.  Or are you flying out?  Either way, be safe and best of luck while traveling out.  I'm staying but I'm in the northern middle of the peninsula.  My son has to stay for work in case of emergency.  I can't leave him here and his girlfriend and dogs are coming to stay with us.  5 people, 3 big dogs, 2 little dogs, 1 fat cat, 2 huge turtles, and a feral colony are here.  It should be fun when the electricity goes out for days.  Lol  I found out yesterday on Facebook that my water delivery won't make it so we are screwed on that at the moment.  Sure would have been nice to know that on Friday when the company made the decision.  Asswipes.  

Anyway, good thoughts and many prayers to all here with whatever each of us are going through.  

• Love 2
7 hours ago, MissMel said:

Aww, adorable @lovesnark!

@Miss Chevious, last I heard 75 is crowded but moving better than 95.  Or are you flying out?  Either way, be safe and best of luck while traveling out.  I'm staying but I'm in the northern middle of the peninsula.  My son has to stay for work in case of emergency.  I can't leave him here and his girlfriend and dogs are coming to stay with us.  5 people, 3 big dogs, 2 little dogs, 1 fat cat, 2 huge turtles, and a feral colony are here.  It should be fun when the electricity goes out for days.  Lol  I found out yesterday on Facebook that my water delivery won't make it so we are screwed on that at the moment.  Sure would have been nice to know that on Friday when the company made the decision.  Asswipes.  

Anyway, good thoughts and many prayers to all here with whatever each of us are going through.  

We're going to stay with my daughter who lives in the next county north of us. They're on higher ground so we're going to be OK there.

Sorry to hear about your water situation @MissMel. Hope you and your family and all the rest of my PTV friends in Irma's path stay safe. 

@Lm2162 your baby girl is adorable! 

• Love 4

I just want to reach through my monitor and hug your baby @Lm2162. I want to smell that baby smell. She is so adorable! She must look like you. ; )

Have you started her on hot dogs? Or are you waiting for a few more weeks? lol 

@Miss Chevious I am glad to read you all are situated with family. It must be horrible to just uproot your life on a whim when these hurricanes ravage through your area. I cannot even begin to imagine having to do what you all have to do such as boarding up your home, packing up the necessities, leaving work behind, and all that it entails. Hoping for the best for all out there. 

• Love 3

Florida is about to open the door to Cousin Eddie (Griswolds - unwanted guest) and my town is sold out of gas at nearly all gas stations, no bread or water anywhere. 

I'm praying for all of my fellow Floridians and anyone else in Irmas path to get through this scary hurricane. 

I will keep reading and updating on this site until (if) I lose power. It will help keep me sane and filled with some giggles. My kids are snuggled up on the couch with me while I read some of the funniest snark. 

Good luck all!!! ⛈ 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, MissMel said:

Today's 11AM Update:

irma4.thumb.JPG.5ae82739dc3b89a4b7dcc02bd35dc7e9.JPG

My area is a category 4 now. Central Florida was expecting cat 2 yesterday now it's cat 3-4. Which means my area is 3.5 and my husband's family are in key west. We just finished boarding our windows up.

• Love 3

I'm thinking of all our Floridian people here and hoping for the best.  I'm a pretty far north and in the middle, near Georgia.  Last I saw it was coming in at Cat 2 for our area.  We are just east of the top 3 in this pic.  Updates are coming faster now and more reliable.  Hang on my Floridas if you're staying.  Safe travels if you left and good vibes for getting back in and seeing how things managed against this bitch Irma.  

Also, after being told 4 separate ways that my water delivery wouldn't be here yesterday, the truck showed up!  So I scrambled for water on Thursday and got my delivery on Friday.  We have plenty to share with the neighbors.  Most of us are staying because we are pretty rural have many animals.  Mostly horses.  

Good luck and stay safe.  This includes our flood damage and fire friends.  ?

• Love 6

I moved into my new home Dec 2016 and was doing renovations Oct-Dec so I didn't get to decorate or really "get my holiday on" like I would've enjoyed. I went apple picking Friday and got two fun pumpkins for outside (as well as apples, golden delicious which I'm enjoying a lot) and not 3 days later someon has stolen my pumpkins! Ugh. I knew this was a possibility, so I'm not upset about the $9 I spent on pumpkins but more the principle. You wouldn't steal a package from UPS but you'd take a pumpkin?!

Update- my pumpkins are present and well, but they had been moved by people not authorized to move them. They are now back in their proper place. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I moved into my new home Dec 2016 and was doing renovations Oct-Dec so I didn't get to decorate or really "get my holiday on" like I would've enjoyed. I went apple picking Friday and got two fun pumpkins for outside (as well as apples, golden delicious which I'm enjoying a lot) and not 3 days later someon has stolen my pumpkins! Ugh. I knew this was a possibility, so I'm not upset about the $9 I spent on pumpkins but more the principle. You wouldn't steal a package from UPS but you'd take a pumpkin?!

Update- my pumpkins are present and well, but they had been moved by people not authorized to move them. They are now back in their proper place. 

Before I got to your update I was seriously getting upset for you. Lol. I understand the fun involved when picking out the perfect pumpkin to help it feel like fall weather is approaching. I'm glad you got your $9 pumpkins back (they're really pricey for something waiting to get smushy after the weather changes) but I'd be pissed that people would reorganize your property without speaking to you.

UPDATE on IRMA:

We're fine. We didn't lose any power and the extent of our damage is one of our panels for our fence got ripped off. I'm still waiting to hear back from other family members but it's too early and due to being up so late with the storm they need their rest (I've always been an early bird no matter how many hours sleep I lost).

I hope my other PTV Florida family members have the same to report back. My in-laws in the keys still haven't left their shelter so they don't know what type of damage they are going to endure but I don't think it will be minor. ?

• Love 8
Just now, Scarlett45 said:

@Calm81 thanks for caring. There were 3 pumpkins different sizes and colors that's why they were $9. 

Then I'm being ripped off. The pumpkin I bought from my local grocery had them for that price. I want to find a 3/9 deal. ? ?

• Love 2

Re Irma: we're all safe and sound here. No power loss, although it flickered on and off a few times. The track shifted and the eye wound up passing through east of us, so we were lucky. There's several towns around us with no power (my hometown among them) and there's debris and fallen tree limbs, but that's about it.

thanks to all for the good thoughts.

• Love 9

@Scarlett45, so glad you got your pumpkins back! Why did they move it? How presumptuous of them.

Glad all you Floridians are safe! 

I think I told people on this board about having to rehome my dog. To cut a long story short, I've been sick for a large portion of this year and then got laid off from my job. I had to move in with my parents who initially told me I could come with my dog but then demanded that she live in the back yard.

It turns out that her first foster family couldn't keep her because she was not getting along with one of their 3 dogs. It sucks for me because they were planning to  either adopt her themselves or return her to me once I am moved out of my parent's house by January (the deadline I've set for myself). For the past week she's been  living with a different foster, they also plan on adopting her, they  seem to adore &  pamper her, but the option for me to get her back is obviously off the table. I visited her twice this weekend and it's been physically painful, I just love her so much that it hurts to let her go. However, I know she can't have a good life with me for at least 4-5 months. I still have to study for and take the Ca bar-- it all costs time and money so I can't move out right at this moment.

I know I have no right to be sad because this is a choice I made but this almost hurts more than it did when my marriage fell apart. She's also, in a way, better off with the new fosters because they're a retired couple with more free time than I expect to have over the next 40 years lol, but my heart still aches from letting her go. My family is no consolation because they keep accusing me of choosing my dog over them, as if it's a competition.

The good news is that my beautiful puppy girl at least seems to be happy and thriving.. It just sucks because she got me through so many tough times in my life, and I feel like I am betraying her just as soon as it became inconvenient for me to have her. 

I attached a picture of my gorgeous baby from our visit to the beach this weekend. I don't think I've ever really seen a dog that looks quite like her. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-11 at 11.52.16 AM.png

Edited by evilmindatwork
  • Love 11

@evilmindatwork it's obvious you've been through a lot ((((hugs))) to you, and I have a bit of irrational anger towards your parents for not allowing you to keep your dog after all you've been through.

I am glad she has a loving home now, and you got to say goodbye. Is there anyway they would work with you to get her back in Jan? If you signed a contract or sent them $20 a month for her upkeep as an act of good faith?

• Love 3