Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Mom 2: Small Talk

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, LBS said:

@lovesnark be careful with Sears.  They are thisclose to going out of business*.  If something would happen in the installation or aftermath,  you would probably not have their full support in helping you out.   

*just read an article in the Chicago Tribune business section today if you want to google it.  

I think it's Sears and K-Mart that are on their last legs. I read something similar in the WSJ.

I thought it was just the actual stores though?  I haven't read anything lately but I thought they were just going to continue business online.  So just no more stores to walk into and shop.  Is that wrong?  If so, I need to spend my points on some more extremely comfy, cheap, slip-on shoes from Kmart Online soon.  

1 hour ago, LBS said:

@lovesnark be careful with Sears.  They are thisclose to going out of business*.  If something would happen in the installation or aftermath,  you would probably not have their full support in helping you out.   

*just read an article in the Chicago Tribune business section today if you want to google it.  

No worries :) We've already ordered some beautiful, very high quality laminate for the floors and paid for installation. The slovenly pigs ruined carpet, so they were on the hook for the cost of replacing carpet. I just needed an estimate to given them and Sears was the first response when I inquired about bids. And, can I get a big WOOHOO!!! up in here?? She just handed me a cashier's check to cover most of the damage! I was able to recover $10,400 by threatening her with a lawsuit. I so wanted to spit in her face and slap the shit out of her. But, I acted like an adult and just glared - haha!

• Love 4

Oh man! I wear Land's End clothing to work on the regular, and they have a Land's End area in some Sears stores! Bummer. I can order online, but I like to try on the clothing in the store if I can. 

I knew three different people who contracted their services through Sears. Two started their business for the sole purpose of being accepted by Sears as contractors, one had a full business but added Sears on to her existing clientele for the slow periods. She became even busier with the Sears contracted work, and it paid well enough that she limited her other business. The other two were as crappy as you would expect from someone who started a business with the intent of becoming a contractor for a major retailer so they didn't have to advertise. I know one had their contract terminated because of complaints and their unwillingness to keep their insurance paid, but not sure what happened with the other because I haven't spoken to him in a few years. I did point out to him that the other one was fired and he knew, so maybe he straightened his act up. I kind of doubt it though; his arrogance was almost off the charts.

So, I'm glad it worked out for you. It's a mixed bag. So are Home Depot and Lowes. Some of those are independent contractors, too. 

So no one in my real life will appreciate this, but I knew y'all would. This weekend we were at a wedding and ran into one of my husband's ex-girlfriends (which isn't a surprise since he's lived in the area since college). She's a mix of Leah (trashy, dumb, needs to be the center of every man's attention) and Kail (loud and rude). And her daddy recently bought her a college degree (even though she's over 30) so now she's "smart."

So anyhoo, Mr. Birdee and I were standing outside the church talking to some friends and she walks up to him and says "FirstName MiddleName, how's your mama?!?" Now nobody calls my husband by his first and middle name except his grandmother. I mean no one. Very shades of Leah. She wanted to make sure everyone heard her and was looking at her. I just rolled my eyes. I've come to expect it of her. I was pretty "whatever" about it. But then she tried to take my baby out of my arms y'all! WITHOUTOUT PERMISSION! She just reached out and tried to grab Baby Birdee! And when I wouldn't let the baby go she told my husband I was "being mean and he knows how much she likes lovin' on babies." I kept looking around for a TM producer. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Birdee said:

So no one in my real life will appreciate this, but I knew y'all would. This weekend we were at a wedding and ran into one of my husband's ex-girlfriends (which isn't a surprise since he's lived in the area since college). She's a mix of Leah (trashy, dumb, needs to be the center of every man's attention) and Kail (loud and rude). And her daddy recently bought her a college degree (even though she's over 30) so now she's "smart."

So anyhoo, Mr. Birdee and I were standing outside the church talking to some friends and she walks up to him and says "FirstName MiddleName, how's your mama?!?" Now nobody calls my husband by his first and middle name except his grandmother. I mean no one. Very shades of Leah. She wanted to make sure everyone heard her and was looking at her. I just rolled my eyes. I've come to expect it of her. I was pretty "whatever" about it. But then she tried to take my baby out of my arms y'all! WITHOUTOUT PERMISSION! She just reached out and tried to grab Baby Birdee! And when I wouldn't let the baby go she told my husband I was "being mean and he knows how much she likes lovin' on babies." I kept looking around for a TM producer. 

No! She did not touch your baby without permission! LAWD. 

• Love 8
On 3/26/2017 at 1:11 PM, lovesnark said:

No worries :) We've already ordered some beautiful, very high quality laminate for the floors and paid for installation. The slovenly pigs ruined carpet, so they were on the hook for the cost of replacing carpet. I just needed an estimate to given them and Sears was the first response when I inquired about bids. And, can I get a big WOOHOO!!! up in here?? She just handed me a cashier's check to cover most of the damage! I was able to recover $10,400 by threatening her with a lawsuit. I so wanted to spit in her face and slap the shit out of her. But, I acted like an adult and just glared - haha!

How are things going with the renovations?

@Birdee *picks up jaw from the ground* Awww hell no!!!! No one touches Baby Birdee. In fact, it is fucking rude and crosses major boundaries for a stranger to try and pull away someone's child into their arms. What a fucking moron!

• Love 5

For real, @Birdee.  Hell naw!!  Don't touch the baby.  That could get a person hurt.  Especially an ex-girlfriend.  I remember after my first child, telling my sister, I hated how the older ladies in the grocery store would reach out and touch my child.  They were just being nice and thought he was cute.  I would have visions of biting their hands, though.  I never did, of course, but I wanted to.  Don't touch my baby!  But try to pick him up and hold him 'because you like to love on the babies'?  That probably would have earned a swift punch in the throat.  And a kick in the crotch.  Even in church.  

All the better in church, actually.  I wouldn't have to feel bad for assaulting the ex, there.  Just punch her and ask for forgiveness, then keep it moving.  ☺ Personally, I think you showed great restraint!

• Love 3
(edited)

Thanks for understanding, y'all! We couldn't freakin' believe it! I took a second for it to register that she was trying to take the baby out of my arms. I slapped her hands and turned away from her and my husband put himself between us and then physically moved her away. 

Seriously though, I could see Leah doing the exact same thing with a future ex's new baby. And using the middle name and asking about his "mama" really annoyed me too. Granted, once she reached for my daughter, nothing else really mattered because I was concentrating on not beating her head against the ground, but still...

And to make matters worse, she used to be hot shit around here and some people still think she's amazing and we had several people ask why I didn't just give her that baby! Ummm, because I barely know her, I don't really like her and oh yeah, Baby Birdee is mine and I'll be damned if anyone just randomly grabs her and thinks it's okay. She's not used to being around many people and this woman scared her and made her cry. I could have killed several people at the wedding, y'all. 

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 8

I can imagine how you must have felt when that happened.

We can sit here and think of so many things to have done and said, but in the heat of the moment, it takes a moment to think as that shocked feeling comes over you. You can't believe at first what is happening. You did good. That female (she is no woman) deserved that and more. Screw what anyone else thinks.

• Love 6
18 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

How are things going with the renovations?

@Birdee *picks up jaw from the ground* Awww hell no!!!! No one touches Baby Birdee. In fact, it is fucking rude and crosses major boundaries for a stranger to try and pull away someone's child into their arms. What a fucking moron!

One room left to paint! The hardwood floors are refinished and are SO beautiful. Makes me want to have mine redone but I don't want to move out for a week - haha! Meeting with a property manager this morning to get that ball rolling. The new laminate flooring is scheduled for install next Wednesday. It's coming along :)

@BIRDEE, I'm proud of you for not throat punching that bitch!

Sad news on the sheep front. Little Jeorge died during the night. I've known from the start that he most likely had something not right going on with his digestive system. His mama sensed that when he was born, sometimes they know things we can't see. But, he had an amazing will to live and I respected that and fought with him. He was the sweetest little guy and I'm grateful to have felt the love and sweetness he shared with me. Rest easy, little friend.

• Love 4
(edited)

Thanks ladies, it really was a surreal experience. And I'm sorry to hear about Jeorge, @lovesnark . We have bottle calves every year and at least one doesn't make it and it always breaks my heart. 

Edited by Birdee
  • Love 2

It is crazy how some people don't have any sense about what is ok.  I was talking to a friend who is still close to another girl from our school who got engaged a couple of weeks back.  We are all still at uni and the newly engaged couple are planning on waiting until they graduate to get married because even with parents helping, it is going to be bloody expensive (this girl has lovely but high fashion taste). 

Anyway, so people have started messaging her angling for an invitation to the wedding.  Suddenly all these people who she hasn't spoken to for years are gushing about how long it has been since they caught up and they just HAVE to meet up soon.  Or bombarding her with questions about when they are thinking, will she be making the dress (she is studying fashion design), where are they thinking, etc, etc.  They've been engaged for a fortnight! A couple of others have just gone the direct route and sent messages like "Congrats on the engagement, looking forward to being at your wedding!".  Like WTF??? Unless you are her fiance, you can't assume that you will be invited!  

One of my best friends used to be the cutest little blonde you've seen, big green eyes and blonde ringlets.  When she was little, people used to come up, go "Aren't you cute" and touch her hair or her arm or whatever.  And it used to freak her out!  She has memories of well meaning older ladies who petrified her by entering her personal space and touching her without permission.  Completely undermines everything that we teach kids about being in charge of their own bodies.  That is why I really hate it when people ask little ones who they don't know well to give them a hug.  You aren't entitled to touch someone, just because they are little and adorable.  It's their right to not kiss/touch/high five you.  

Not on the same level as what happened to you @Birdee but I'm just constantly shocked at how insensitive people are.  Respect personal space and boundaries! 

• Love 5
(edited)

It's not always an easy thing to navigate though.  

My youngest son pulled a crockpot over when he was 16 months old.  He got burned, bad. We spent 18 days in three different hospitals, in two states.  Skin grafts, eye surgery, blood transfusions, bloating beyond belief--you name it.  We did it.  But...

About a month after we got home, we went to Chuck E. Cheese's.  (Which was about a month before Halloween)  My kid was in the ball pit; we had just climbed through the tunnels.  There was this sweet little child, maybe about 3, that said, "Momma, look at that kid--He looks like a monkey!"  Which is true.  My kid did look like a monkey in his pressure garments.  

She flipped her shit on that baby.  "you can't say that!"  Um, yes, he can, because it's true.  I pulled her aside and told her I actually appreciated her son calling my son a monkey.  In fact, I bought him a tail to pin on his burn suit for Halloween.  Because he does, in fact, look like a monkey right now.  It was way better than our usual "look at that freak" comment we were accustomed to.  (from both young and old people)

I say all that to reiterate, don't touch another person's child.  Nobody wanted to touch my youngest child because he looked gross..(not really, he was just healing)  But everybody wanted to touch my oldest.  He was the fattest, most beautiful, brown eyed Buddha baby I have ever seen.  (we don't have brown eyes in our families) But for real, just after he was born, that kid looked like ET on meth for a couple months.  So that pissed me off; don't touch my kid.  My youngest though? Man, he was pretty from the word 'go'.  Got his dad's two-tone eyes with my shade of blue.   But still, don't touch my babies.  They are 16 and 23 now and I still feel that same way.  Don't you dare touch them.

Edited by MissMel
*to clarify, my "we don't have brown eyes in our families" We don't. Our parents all have/had blue eyes. We are a family that includes an orphan. Couple that with my Native grandmother, that's probably how I got my brown-eyed child.
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, lovesnark said:

One room left to paint! The hardwood floors are refinished and are SO beautiful. Makes me want to have mine redone but I don't want to move out for a week - haha! Meeting with a property manager this morning to get that ball rolling. The new laminate flooring is scheduled for install next Wednesday. It's coming along :)

@BIRDEE, I'm proud of you for not throat punching that bitch!

Sad news on the sheep front. Little Jeorge died during the night. I've known from the start that he most likely had something not right going on with his digestive system. His mama sensed that when he was born, sometimes they know things we can't see. But, he had an amazing will to live and I respected that and fought with him. He was the sweetest little guy and I'm grateful to have felt the love and sweetness he shared with me. Rest easy, little friend.

Glad to read the renovations are going great and it sounds like you are almost done. Glad that nightmare is over for you.

Noooooo! Jeorge has passed??? So sad. 

I grew up in the era where it was quite normal to want to touch someone's baby or toddler. I have had to restrain myself from wanting to touch a baby's hand or lightly touch a baby or toddler's head. I have also known adults who tell kids "Come here and give her a hug." I always tell them it's okay, it's not necessary.

1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

I grew up in the era where it was quite normal to want to touch someone's baby or toddler. I have had to restrain myself from wanting to touch a baby's hand or lightly touch a baby or toddler's head. I have also known adults who tell kids "Come here and give her a hug." I always tell them it's okay, it's not necessary.

OMG, me too.  And it's the worst!  I quit regular high school on my 16th birthday, just so I could work lunch shift and go to community college, earn my diploma and college credits.  It was a $3 an hour raise!  M-F, no nights or weekends!  It was the best thing I could do at that age.

But the only condition my mother put on me was to come home for Sunday dinner.  Which I did.  

Well, there was this one Sunday dinner I showed up alone.  I was 18.  My mom did her normal 'hello' hug but went straight into "Where's Roger?"  "He's at his mom's house.  I need to tell you something. And I didn't want him to be here for it."  "What? you're pregnant?"  Yes.  I mean, I haven't slept in your house for over a year, I have a job, I pay my bills, and I'm still getting an education. It's not really like this should be a surprise.  

She flipped her shit.  "How in the hell did YOU, of all people, let someone touch you--naked at that! I mean you damn near had breakdown when my brother hugged you on your 4th birthday.  You have explicitly told my sister to never touch you. How in the hell are YOU pregnant?" 

? I mean, I don't know.  Maybe I got nekkid with the man I've been spending all my nights with?  I was the kid that called bullshit on that "give them a hug" thing.  It doesn't mean I'm not human.  

• Love 1
(edited)

I know, right?  My mom has chilled out, a lot, since then.  That baby is now 23, making 6 figures, straight up out of high school.  No debt.  But that "how the hell did YOU get pregnant?" thing, still bugs.  I did ask her if she wanted details.  I tried really hard to be respectful, because she's my mom.  But Good Gertie, she made it difficult.  

She had two children.  My sister died about 4 years ago.  My parents divorced when I was 25.  New Year Day 2000, to be exact.  It was not fun.  32 years of marriage, January 1st? goodbye.  And they wonder why I'm so weird.  I've got a couple ideas to explain that...

Edited by MissMel
words are important

I don't drink much anymore but I love Leinenkeugel's Summer Shandys. As I was finishing up at the rental yesterday, I thought a beer sounded divine, so I bought a 6 pack. Yummy!

Sheep are born with long tails and those tails are covered in wool. If left long, they accumulate poop and pee and attract flies. Flies lay their eggs and before you know it, the sheep has maggots on their tail. GROSS! That's why we band their tails when they're a few days old (you use a tool called an elastrator that opens a tiny, thick rubber band. You slide it up the tail, release the handle and you're done). Tails fall off in a couple weeks. Bottle baby Lafawnda's tail was taking it's time falling off. I turned her and her Granny out with the rest of the flock yesterday and Lafawnda was tearing around the pasture like a tornado and did the classic lamb move of leaping straight up with all four feet off the ground. Her tail fell off mid leap and I almost fell over from laughing so hard. I've decreased her to two bottles a day but am gradually increasing how many ounces she gets. I didn't have an empty pop bottle to fit the 12 ounces of milk into, so I used a shandy bottle. Here she is celebrating finally losing her tail and looking like a big girl sheep.  Pic is blurry, she really gets into her bottle and wiggles like crazy :)

Fawndyshandy.JPG

• Love 9

@lovesnark tell me more about the tail falling off, please. City girl here, although I always had dreams of living in the country. 

23 minutes ago, BXD said:

Um really stupid question but can someone tell me how to delete one of my posts?

Just edit your post to read "NM" for never mind. There is no ability to delete a post entirely. I wish there was. 

• Love 1

I read about the revival last night. Isn't it great? Yes! I do wonder what they will do since it was revealed in the finale that Dan had died. 

I cannot believe it has been 20 years since the finale. Damn! When I was a pre-teen in the mid 70s and I would think about where the world was 20 years prior, that was in the mid 50s. It was such a hard thing to imagine since it seemed so far in time. Now as an adult, 20 years ago doesn't seem so long ago. 

Thinking back to 1997...No cell phones. VCRs were the norm. No DVRs.  AOL was just introduced a few years prior. The internet was still a baby. 

• Love 4
On 4/26/2017 at 10:50 AM, GreatKazu said:

@lovesnark tell me more about the tail falling off, please. City girl here, although I always had dreams of living in the country. 

Just edit your post to read "NM" for never mind. There is no ability to delete a post entirely. I wish there was. 

What would you like to know? 

I neeeeeed to get this off my chest and this is the best place to do it with all of you snarky mcsnarky's.

Last week I was driving down a street and noticed this woman with a baby carriage needing to cross but there was no crosswalk. I put my foot on the break pissing off the cars behind me (because it was a random spot for someone to cross but I felt bad for the baby).

The lady waves by thanking me and I wave back trying to get a glimpse of a cute baby to discover it was a little DOGGY!!!!! ? 

Okaaaaay, whatevs. Moving on with my day.

Yesterday I was picking my son up from kindergarten and as we were leaving I saw a man pushing a stroller and his wife walking ahead of him kinda EXPECTING me to slam on my breaks because they had a stroller. Well, of course I did because I hate to see people struggle to cross a road with a baby with them.

Out pops a doggy's head. ?☹️

Is this a new friggin trend??? Walking dogs in strollers while simultaneously expecting the same courtesy as you would with a baby in the stroller???

And I'm not talking about pedestrians walking the crosswalk with a light signaled for them to proceed or a "please yield for pedestrians" as I mean people jaywalking with these strollers filled with dogs.

I HAD to get that off of my chess. 

P.S. I'm a BIG TIME animal lover and baby my two cats and love dogs but a stroller?

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 4

@Calm81, you are a much better person than I am.  I could have probably let the first dog stroller go and laugh it off.  The second one though?  Oh, hell no.  Dogs usually have four legs that work shortly after being born.  Human babies don't.  Why a stroller for dogs?  I'd like to see a cat in one.  A cat like mine, too.  I'm pretty sure a person would be covered in BandAids and Neosporin within 30 seconds.  My husband has a chihuahua that can't seem to get his brain to work all 4 legs at once so he generally ends up with only 3 going when he runs.  No stroller though.  I even have an old Doxie that is mostly grey and she seems just fine running out in the fenced in yard looking like a little flying nun about to take off, in between her 22 hour long naps.  Lol. My big dog is the youngest I'm fairly certain he'd pee himself if I tried to get him in a stroller.  I'm pretty sure he would look at me, heartbroken, wondering why I was being so mean to him all of the sudden.  

• Love 1

They actually do manufacture pet strollers, which are a bit smaller and are mesh enclosed. I have a big fat old cat who is so sweet and loves his excursions in his pet stroller. Most of the time people just assume I have a baby in there, then they're surprised to see a kitty cat. I only cross the street at crosswalks, I would never just walk across the street any old where and expect traffic to stop for us.

But as a driver, I've stopped many times to let a jaywalking mother pushing a stroller (often with other kids in tow) cross the street. Don't know why they do that, but they do.

• Love 1

The dog stroller thing is pretty common out here in Vegas. I was coming out of Target the other day and a woman walked by with two Cocker Spaniels in a double-doggy stroller that even had a cup holder for her Starbucks. On a less nauseating note, there was a guy in my area who had an elderly pit bull with mobility issues. He rigged up a wagon to his bike, and used to pedal around with the dog in the back. I'd often see him at 7-11 and the dog would just be chilling in the wagon while the owner went in to get a drink.

• Love 2