Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Make-ups and Breakdowns

• Start Topic

Everyone please excuse my errors. My lazy ads is writing all this on my iPhone while watching Chili on Millionaire Matchmaker. Anywhooo, Todd is probably sitting back and letting other people grt in that ass. He can just sit back and watch AND hope she finally gets it. Come on, can she be that clueless? Her mother emotionally blackmails her. He has tried and...crickets. This is just not a good situation and they now have Todd's daughter living there. Did they do a real couple's counselling before the wedding? Ok, wait, let me add that if I were Todd I would not have married her after that absurd prenup anyway but I digress.

That is supposed to be ass not "ads." Chubby thumb. :D

• Love 1

Yeah. Why the hell is the sex better with Nene out of the picture? I legitimately don't understand how that works. I mean I love my besties with all my heart but our friendship has no effect on my sex life. Cynthia needs to do some self reflection because as loathsome as I find Peter right now, he has every reason to find that bothersome if it is true. Smdh.

I think I may actually like Kandi less than Kenya after tonight. She's still annoying as hell (even Claudia looked alarmed at her foolishness during the cooking class) but kandi's behavior tonight was appalling.

I've never dated a NY man but even I know not to turn down some Timbs and some thug love. She had her nose in the air the whole time. Girl, bye. I'm from Atlanta too and I can honestly say walking around NYC is infinitely more interesting than walking down Peachtree St. Get over yourself and act like you give a shit about your husband's home.

RIP Miss Sharon. Bravo, y'all some hoes for airing that footage.

• Love 20

Also, I think we can all say that Cynthia is gorgeous so lets just get that out of the way, but with all her hype about the Bailey Agency and modeling, girl why you look stiff as a board when you walking? Giving a good dose of reality to the phrase "Those who can't, teach". ***sips tea***

Her walk was terrible for someone who's been in the modeling game as long as she has. She looked nervous and insecure.

As I was watching Cynthia walk like a robot down that runway, I was thinking how much of a bad critique she would have gotten from Ms. Jay Alexander from America's Next Top Model. lol    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvt8k0N2rS1TBs0UE2Ww9HIgYvyu0R0uKzRhycUqf-iHX6tGHI7w

Edited by swankie
  • Love 4

Kandi wanted a husband but Kandi does not want to be a wife.

A lot of women get to mid-30s, all their friends are gotten married and they wonder why nobody's asking them to get married. They marry the first guy that asks, gave a fabulous wedding and then........

It doesn't work because the women didn't want to be wives, they just wanted a husband.

Kandi thought she would marry a little scrub Todd, he'd be subservient because he ain't got no money, basically she'd buy him like Phaedra purchased Apollo.

Kandi is very disrespectful to Todd AND Sharon.

Kandi wants a husband but she doesn't want to be a wife. Her mother didn't want to be a wife. Not all women are cut out to be wives; it's ok. But stop disrespecting your husband because I promise you he'll be able to find another wife long before you'll ever find another husband.

• Love 19

I like single, no relationship Kandi. Can't stand married Kandi. 

"My momma is my momma and I'm gonna love my momma no matter what!! "  Kandi, you're gonna wind up old and alone. With all your money intact and your mama to comfort you.    

Edited by demarti
  • Love 12

Kandi, you're gonna wind up old and alone. With all your money intact and your mama to comfort you.

The thing is, Joyce doesn't comfort Kandi.  If you notice, she doesn't even treat Kandi very well.  Don't forget she also called Kandi short and big headed.  She doesn't bat an eye whenever Kandi is upset and crying over something she has said.  I haven't seen Joyce comfort Kandi once.  The woman has no feelings.  I think that is why Kandi is constantly trying to buy her love.  Even that doesn't work.  smdh

Edited by swankie
  • Love 20

I was getting pretty heated watching Ms. Sharon share her very valid anger at being called a prostitute and God knows what else while Kandi rolled her eyes, gritted her teeth, and raised her voice at her. Um. 'Scuse? Just because you lay down and let your mom degrade you completely does not mean anyone else has to, Kandi. For awhile, as much as I hated the Joyce-Kandi dynamic, I understood why Kandi felt the need to defend and stand by her mother. I even wondered (way back when) if Kandi would confront her mom, only off camera, and then present a united front to everyone else. Then I saw Joyce's entitlement, Joyce's abuse of her child's generosity and I realized Joyce is a parasite. She knows her daughter can be manipulated and does so, not caring who or what she ruins in the process. I absolutely agree with those that think the passing of Ms. Sharon has given Joyce even more agency than she had previously to do whatever the hell she wants. Kandi's thinking that her mom is the only one who will never leave her is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I thought this episode was a snooze other than that.

• Love 9

Girl, bye. I'm from Atlanta too and I can honestly say walking around NYC is infinitely more interesting than walking down Peachtree St.

I totally agree!! Don't get me wrong, I love Atlanta (it's the largest city near me), the shopping, restaurants, etc. But to be in NYC, and in the Bronx with someone who grew up there? OMG, there's nothing better than having them show you around the neighborhood. Kandi is an idiot. A short, big-headed idiot.

• Love 19

So unpleasant to watch the Todd, Sharon, and Kandi scene.  Kandi is truly messed up.  Watching Sharon so heated and upset, dousing her meal with salt, I was, like, ouch ouch ouch.  Kandi's a fool.  Todd was fooling himself too when he married her.  It'll be MJ, Kandi, and Riley united forever and that's about it. 

drivethroo--Perfectly stated. 

The editors really made a point of showing how Cynthia is simply not a runway model.  Her style of walking is both super dated and without any kind of energy.  Lifeless statue.

I don't blame Peter at all for wanting distance from Nene.  Too bad we're not being told even a fraction of what went on between the two women.  I would wager that Nene has been repeatedly disrespectful to the not very bright Cynthia over the course of a few years now, in front of both their husbands and certainly behind the Bailey-Thomas' backs.  Peter mentioned the several nasty things she's gotten up to.  I tend to believe him.  Nene really is all shade, all the time. 

• Love 3

My take on this episode.

First, I have to say that I believe Bravo is not trying to give Kenya a redemption arc as most think but trying to rewind, reset and regenerate the dynamic that made the Atlanta franchise work.  It used to be about the lives of the HWives as well as their casual interactions with the others, like hanging out with the HWives in the neighborhood.  However, the introduction of Kenya and the very forced trips and events have just ruined it all.  Kenya's antics at the reunion and the PP brawl probably made Bravo realize they turned the rachet up way too high.  Now they are trying to put the feuds to rest and hope that the franchise gets back to what we all liked about it.

Now for my critique...

Cynthia - Claudia was both right and wrong about Cynthia being like a battered wife.  I also believe Cynthia shows BWS but not because of Nene.  I believe Nene was her support and the real abuser is Peter.  I studied domestic abuse in college and there are several stages of abuse that happen before it reaches critical mass.  Usually, the first thing that happens is the spouse belittling and commenting negatively about their mate's appearance.  Peter did that with his negative comments on Cynthia's weight and her petruding stomach due to the fibroids.  Next are threats of leaving the spouse or that he/she is not doing what is necessary to stay married.  Peter does this on the regular with threats of leaving her because she gained weight, deminishing the fact that she was suffering from fibroids, complaining that she isn't performing her wifely duties, etc.  The next thing an abusive spouse will do is isolate their mate from friends and family.  Peter already tried to remove her mother and sister from her life but that didn't work.  However, his new target is the very strong woman that could influence Cynthia and make her realize the douchbag she's married to; Nene.  Nene calling him out would also cause Cynthia to start looking at him in a different light.  So Nene had to go.  It was so obvious that Peter was in Cynthia's head from the getgo and her obvious self-consciousness was so evident at fashion week which  I believe a direct result of Peter belittling her figure when she had the fibroids and his total inattentiveness after the surgery.  It will now be up to her mother and sister to "rescue" her.  I also feel she is a little frightened of Peter by the way she flinched when he got angry when she was talking about their "momma drama" to Kandi and Todd

Kandi- It is very exhausting seeing her reaction to what her mother has done and her apparent disinterest in stopping her mother from hurting her friends and other family members.  I too don't give this marriage a snowball's chance in the neither regions of hell of lasting more than a year or two.  She, like someone else here said, just wanted a husband, she did not want a marriage.  She hasn't changed her name, she doesn't seem to care what her mother says to or about her husband and his family, she don't seem at all interested in him at all other than as a sex toy and attack dog.  She is more like her mother than even she would admit to.  The way she treated Ms Sharon was all kinds of wrong and she has to know this will bite her in the ass now that Sharon has passed.  Todd is not going to take more abuse from any of her family.

Kenya and Claudia.  I actually beginning to like Claudia but Kenya is still a very hot mess and still don't seem to know how to act appropriately in any situation.   I still don't believe she and Claudia are actually friends.  There is no chemistry at all there.  They act more like co-workers thrown together than friends.

I missed Porsha.  I really like her insight on the other HWives.  She is usually dead on about their personalities and what is really going on.

Nene, I felt, was immensely hurt by Cynthia and after seeing that they indeed patched up their differences and then to watch Peter tear it apart was just horrible.  I believe the editing monkeys wanted us to see just who was really behind the breakup of Cynthia and Nene's friendship.   I also believe that is why Nene is just so over this show and just may not be back next season.

I like that Phaedra is getting on with her life and it is business as usual with her career.   I loved seeing the old Phaedra doing what she does best and not letting it be all about Apollo. 

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 13

Cynthia and Peter have an interesting dynamic,My husband and I are allowed to have our individial friends, if we connect with other couples and we do couples dates that is great but if not that is not a big deal. He has his friends (some of them, one in particular I can't stand) and I have mine, some of them I am sure he is not very fond of, but never would I put an ultimatum on him to terminate any of his friendships.

Peter is in fact and always has been very involved in Cynthia's circle of friends, he likes to be in the middle of the eyestorm and likes to put his two cents in everything. I would like to believe that he behaves like this because of the show and under normal circunstances he would let Cynthia be and fix her real problems but I doubt it. The bottom line is that Peter inserted himself in the women's isues, he wasn't even subtle about it, he was as usual very opinionated and when Nene told him he was acting like a bitch he was offended. Nene says she has apologized and Cynthia and Peter have not denied it , aparently they accepted her apology and keep on palling around until the show aired and then gauging the viewers' reaction Peter changed his mind and forced Cynthia to change hers.

Whatever makes you happy makes me happy- that is what I keep remembering looking at Cynthia being so happy and giggly after making up with Nene, she was glowing, if Peter was not the selfish bastard he is, he would have been happy for his wife. Even if he never could be friends with Nene again, he should have been happy for his wife and stay on the sidelines like other husbands. Peter literally took the nail out of his pocket and popped Cynthia's ballon forcing her to choose, of course Cynthia is going to choose her husband. Peter won't be happy until he has alienated everybody around Cynthia. He is a con artist and a broke business man who depends exclusively on his wife for financial support so he is not about to lose that for anybody.

I feel sad for Cynthia and then I feel mad, why oh why a woman as beautiful as Cynthia couldn't find herself a guy who will be her rock and will treasure her like a queen? instead she had to find this POS who is broke and can't even earn any money to help her with house expenses? Other women like Kim Zolciak with her sordid past was able to find herself a decent guy, why can't Cynthia?

• Love 10

If Sharon had called Mama Joyce a whore, there would have been no forgiveness. Ever. Kandi needs other people to start refusing to be in the room with Mama Joyce. As much as Kandi is responsible for putting up with her mother's crap, everyone else takes it too. If Kandi started getting cut off from everyone her mother abuses, she might wise up.

• Love 11

Wow. I don't think I have ever seen Nene cry before. And I'm of the opinion that Moose can't act her way out of a paper bag, so that had to have been some genuine emotion there. From her and Cynthia. A lot of shit on these shows is fake, but I do think that friendship is real and at the core they are both hurting over the breakup. I think they both made mistakes and then let other shit (pride, outside opinions) get in the way of simply squashing it. I do think Cynthia is correct, in that there was a real lack of respect coming from Nene's side, so unless she takes a huge slice of humble pie - and Cynthia gets a real backbone, not the pretense of a backbone egged on by Peter and random people on the internet - I don't know if there's much hope of a lasting reconciliation. But I can't fault anyone for trying. 

But apparently Peter can. Damn, what's wrong with him? He just hated the fact that his wife was happy and it had nothing to do with him. Why in the seven hells is he so threatened by Nene? His issues with her have to be more than the "bitch" comment. Look, I think Nene has been off the chain nasty since she started having a career outside the show. But Peter can lose me with his great offense at Nene doing "foul shit". Pot meet kettle. Peter was downright awful to Cynthia when she had her fibroids, even making plans to go cheat on her outside of the country. He treats her like a sex object, who isn't good enough for him unless her body is banging and she's giving it up on the regular. So he's no better than Nene, as far as his treatment of Cynthia goes. And you'd think he'd welcome someone else walking all over his wife, so it takes the spotlight off of him. 

At any rate, it's fine to want to look out for your loved ones, if you feel they have toxic people in your life. But he could have been supportive, yet warning Cynthia to be cautious, instead of just shooting her down on the spot. 

Now, onto Todd and Kandi. Damn. Todd is FED. UP. When they were dining with Peter and Cynthia and the whole mom conversation was on the table, he had an anger in his eyes that I had never seen before. Like an angry hurt. He is not going to put up with this shit much longer. Kandi can't just continue to roll her eyes, and laugh, and say idiotic things like, "That's just how my mama rolls". No, calling another woman a prostitute is simply not okay. Point blank, period. I just don't get it. Kandi has all the power here. She has the money, she buys the homes and pays the bills. She needs to tell Mama Joyce that if she doesn't cut her shit out, she's going to put her up in a one-bedroom apartment. Damn. Enough is enough. 

And then when poor Sharon (RIP) was on a roll, Kandi kept leaning back in her chair and making eyes at Todd, like - "Handle your mama". Hypocrite much? I so wished Todd would have rolled his eyes, laughed, and told Kandi - "Hey, that's just how my mama rolls". It just drives me batty how obtuse Kandi is being. Her mom can waltz all over town saying and doing whatever she wants, but Todd's mama gets hot and fiesty in defense of herself, and that's so wrong? I have to agree with her that calling MJ a "bitch" is not in the same ballpark as MJ calling Sharon a prostitute. Bitch is subjective. Everyone has their own opinions, and one might think someone is a bitch when another person does not. But a prostitute is a prostitute. There's no way of getting around that. What an incredibly heinous and ignorant thing to say. Frankly, I'm surprised MJ hasn't gotten her ass beaten on the regular, walking around with that mouth of hers. 

• Love 18

I think Ms Sharon was most poignant when she busted Kandi on her lying about Joyce not saying anything about her initially.  It seems Sharon and Todd only learned about the prostitution and whore comments on tv. Her question about how Kandi thought she was going to start off her marriage lying was spot on.  I totally did not buy Kandis excuse saying that she does not keep up with everything her mother says about everybody.

Girl thank you for reminding me to get re-mad.  This shit here was a downright embarrassing display on Kandi's part.  Her response to her Sharon catching her in the lie?  Turn all the way up to 11, do a combination cabbage patch handclap and speak to some random spot on the ceiling tambout:  yeah ok I lied, I lied.  A nearly 40 year old grown ass woman responding by getting loud, defensive, physically animated and even more wrong.   When one of her last moments with her mother in law could've been made of contrition and humility.   Not bougie, not boughetto, just ghetto.  She deserves to live with that preserved on tape for life.  Bitch.

shoutout to whoever commented on Ms. Sharon saltshaking a salad.  I think there was chicken on it but nonetheless, knowing her subsequent condition, in hindsight that makes me really sad also. 

I'm never typing MJ again.  EVER.  I'll get banned if I type what I really want to call her. 

I have to watch this again.  I missed the Derek toe shot. 

Announcergirl ~ Regarding your #1 ~ I'm ashamed to admit, I don't know what you are talking about.  Help a gf out. 

LOL!!!  Lablover I'm adding to MrsSmartypants description.   Smarty if I may?  Timbs is short for Timberland brand boots.  They're all weather, heavy duty construction shoes worn, typically, by tradesman types.  The kinda guy who builds shit.   Rugged, outdoor, sweat of his brow, strong hands, made of muscular stock kinda dudes.  Is it getting warm in here?    Because Timbs have become synonymous with that image, they're also a pretty popular look with men who physically see themselves this way, regardless of what they do for a living.   Rappers, street dudes, basically any guy who think he's sexy, lol, likes this look.   The weird self fulling part is they actually do make a regular ole dude sexier.   So Todd's offer to give Kandi some while keeping his timbs on, "thug love" as it were, connotes not only the need for traction (girl think about why he'd need traction lol) but also urgency - because if his timbs are still on, so are his jeans.  As manly a shoe as this is, they're lace ups lol.

I'm sure there are women in Atlanta with feet like Derek's.   Why the fuck can't he find a shoe that fits?   p.s. can it really be a thing to wear stiletto silver lame choos first thing in the morning with JOGGING pants?   Speak up ATL I know it ain't that damn serious. 

• Love 11
She had her nose in the air the whole time. Girl, bye. I'm from Atlanta too and I can honestly say walking around NYC is infinitely more interesting than walking down Peachtree St. Get over yourself and act like you give a shit about your husband's home.

What was it she said when they stopped for pizza? It sounded something like, "This is the ONE thing y'all do right". I agree. She seemed very stuck-up the entire time. Nothing wrong with ATL, but it's not the be all-end all of the United States of America. Damn. I'd hate to see her travelling outside of the US. 

P.S. AgingGoth, I agree 100% with your assessment of Peter and Cynthia. Spot on. 

• Love 6

And then when poor Sharon (RIP) was on a roll, Kandi kept leaning back in her chair and making eyes at Todd, like - "Handle your mama". Hypocrite much? I so wished Todd would have rolled his eyes, laughed, and told Kandi - "Hey, that's just how my mama rolls". It just drives me batty how obtuse Kandi is being. Her mom can waltz all over town saying and doing whatever she wants, but Todd's mama gets hot and fiesty in defense of herself, and that's so wrong? I have to agree with her that calling MJ a "bitch" is not in the same ballpark as MJ calling Sharon a prostitute. Bitch is subjective. Everyone has their own opinions, and one might think someone is a bitch when another person does not. But a prostitute is a prostitute. There's no way of getting around that. What an incredibly heinous and ignorant thing to say. Frankly, I'm surprised MJ hasn't gotten her ass beaten on the regular, walking around with that mouth of hers. 

When Sharon says the next time I see her I'm gonna punch her in her face and Todd says ma, you shouldn't say stuff like that - trying to get the point across that neither mom should be saying grimy shit about the other - Sharon's logic was the difference is she lied on me.  Me punching her in her face is not a lie.  I will miss that lady. 

I don't want to but I feel like I need to defend Kandi a little bit about NYC.   It's dynamic and fabulous and vibrant and yeah you can't run out of things to do if you tried, but stepping over pee and various other substances on a subway stairwell really isn't impressive.  

Copa, I was trying to do one of your numbers straining to see if they were in one of Manhattan's 16 or so "original" Ray's Pizzas lol.

• Love 1

Zaldamo -- Thanks for the funny words about doing one of "my numbers" on the pizza front.  I'm all about the food on these shows ... and, yeah, that looked like a whole lot of salt on Sharon's dish.  Being angry over the course of a long period of time and too much sodium are a very, very bad combination.  

The only way to have resolved the Mama wars would be to state the obvious:  That Joyce has some serious issues raging inside her that spill out onto whomever happens to be near and is not to be taken seriously.   Apparently, Joyce is also invested in wrecking her daughter's marriage -- so I go between wanting to see the woman scolded and schooled for real and, as an alternative, being completely ignored and sidelined.  I wonder if Kandi and Todd have had this conversation off camera and if Kandi is simply not willing to have it on camera.  

I also think that Kandi believes she gets to call ALL the shots since she's the one with the real dough in this situation and in the marriage.  That's not a good look.  And, really, I'm sure that Sharon was every bit as concerned for the future welfare of her son in all this.  Any sane person would recognize that this is really, really screwed up dynamic at work.  

ghoulina -- So agree on the NYC comments.  Anyone lucky enough to visit New York City -- to include the Bronx naturally -- ought to be able to enjoy and appreciate what it has to offer.  I think both Todd and Kandi were playing the whole thing up for the viewers -- it was all pretty stiff and awkward.  

• Love 4

I think we just watched the moment Kandi's marriage ends. RIP Mrs. Sharon. Kandi bogus asf.

Cynthia isn't Nene's friend because Peter doesn't want her to be friends with her. I think it's so they can have a story line.

• Love 4

Peter is one sorry man.  How is the sex better with Nene out of the picture?  It's not like Nene was in bed with them.  As I remember, Nene came to visit Cynthia after she got out of the hospital; I think Peter was furnishing his man cave or something?  

I hated how Peter talked to Cynthia; I can't stand it when men treat women like children.  Peter's not her father, hell, the dude's YOUNGER than me.  I wonder what kind of father he was, if he ever paid child support.  He seems like a sorry con man.  And Cynthia has the right to have her OWN FRIENDS.  Cynthia is an adult, Peter is not her father.  This isn't the middle ages where women were chattel; women are real people too.  Peter's an ass.

And where the heck was that "fashion show?"  It looked like somebody's living room.  The runway wasn't long and Cynthia didn't look like someone who'd been modeling for years, she looked stiff as a board.  And she walked too slow too.

Kandi is stupid.  She needs to cut the cord.  Look, you can love your mother and still tell her to shut her mouth and stay out of your business.  Joyce is a nasty, evil woman and if Kandi can't tell her mother to stay out of her business, then Todd should get the hell away from her.  When you get married, you're supposed to be on the same team with your spouse.  Kandi still wants to be on the same team with her mother.  She's pitiful.  

I always thought Kandi was common and last night she proved it.  She acted like she didn't want to be in NYC, she probably didn't want to walk anywhere, and she certainly didn't want to ride the subway.  Hey Kandi, newsflash, here in NYC even celebrities ride the subway, it's the fastest way to get around.  I can't stand Kandi.  

Kandi, you're gonna wind up old and alone. With all your money intact and your mama to comfort you.

First, Joyce could never comfort anybody, second, most women will wind up old and alone, even if they do marry because women outlive men.  I always have issues when people try to scare women with that nonsense.  I mean if you live to be eighty something, not too many men around.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4

Cynthia isn't Nene's friend because Peter doesn't want her to be friends with her. I think it's so they can have a story line.

That may be true, but i believe it is also because Peter do not want anyone to influence Cynthia but him.  He wants to make darn sure she is not clued in like Porsha was

• Love 4

Yep, I've had celebrity sightings on the subway. It really is the fastest way to get around.

The other model put Cynthia to shame. Lord. And Peter is a controlling asshole, but we knew that.

I loved Sharon (RIP) taking Kandi to task for her actions. She needs consequences for her behavior (as does Joyce - she acts the way she does because she can). I had put the limit on Kandi's marriage at two years, but I think Sharon's passing might speed up the inevitable divorce.

• Love 5
Did y'all notice Leon at the fashion show, taking photos of Cynthia?

I did! I thought - Wow, so cool of Leon to make the trip so see Cynthia walk (sleepwalk, but so be it) in a fashion show. I don't know what their relationship was like, or really why it ended, and maybe they're truly just better off as friends....but part of me wishes she would get back together with Leon. He just seems so much more kind and supportive than Peter. 

• Love 5

Mh him. I noticed alright. I noticed hard.

I'm just gonna assume there is something fundamentally screwed up about Leon because there is no other explanation for Cynthia not marrying him but choosing to marry Peter. Leon is so sexy to me. He could literally get it tomorrow if we crossed paths. On an air mattress, in the projects, with an ankle bracelet, and him wearing Derek's pumps.

LMAO!!!!!  

How would you get him outta the trunk of my car?

• Love 3

Empress1, the actual emotional divorce has started, but because they were both warned not to get married, they will hold on for at least an additional year or two publicly to prove people wrong. I think if Todd's new productons make some good money, yeah, Kandi is in trouble.

I think Cynthia was so stiff in that show because she was trying not to make that ass jiggle. Her esteem is in the gutter. The narcissist Peter is winning. YeH, intellectually she knows she is beautiful but deep down she probably wonders how she fell off, how she got here- low.

I am sure that I am alone but I don't find Leon handsome or sexy, at all. He is actually kinda ugly. taking my \_ now. O_o

• Love 2

There was this little bbq joint I used to go to when I was little named The Dixie Pig. It had a giant neon sign of a little naked pig prancing around on two hooves. Every time I see Derek J squeezing his porcine body into Ill-fitting women's clothing and shoes, all I can think of is the Dixie Pig. Derek, those shoes were not made for you. And as a woman with a wide foot, I can say with authority, those shoes were not made for me either. You wanna wear heels, find a shop that caters to drag performers that carry stylish shoes large enough for a man's foot. Or do like me and the rest of us ladies with wide feet and hop on Zappos and hunt for the most attractive shoe can find with "W" in your search criteria. Them's the brakes Hun.

And pouring a little out for Miss Sharon. You don't have to slow down on those margaritas in heaven, sugar. I feel for Todd. I'm an only child too.

ETA: Reality show cross pollination. That girl, Sandra who was modeling in what's his name's show, was on Naomi Campbell's show, The Face.

Edited by charmed1
  • Love 9

Mh him. I noticed alright. I noticed hard.

I'm just gonna assume there is something fundamentally screwed up about Leon because there is no other explanation for Cynthia not marrying him but choosing to marry Peter. Leon is so sexy to me. He could literally get it tomorrow if we crossed paths. On an air mattress, in the projects, with an ankle bracelet, and him wearing Derek's pumps.

I could get in trouble reading this and LMBO at the front desk

• Love 2

I side-eyed Kandi last night when she said that Todd lost his hood card a long time ago. Uh, wut? Just because he's showing you around the way don't have nada to do with being hood! Staying in a nice hotel ain't got shit to do with it either! I just don't get it whatsoever. She wanted to say he's more bougie than she is (while mentioning that she was going to take off her GUISEPPE sneakers for some Timbs). BAHAHAHAHA. Whatevah.

And Jimmy Jazz, for real? I'm originally from Queens and now live outside of Baltimore. There's a Jimmy Jazz down here. It's not that damn special. I know it's not in the Bronx, but he should have gone to Flight Club. I love that place.

• Love 3

ridethemaverick--LOL!

My issue, and I won't keep it beating it like a dead horse, promise, is that I see Nene as a controlling and abusive person herself.  And I do believe it's scripted. 

Really cannot agree with this at all.  Nene may be loud and fiercely opinionated but she is not abusive.  Now if you rub her the wrong way she will bite but it is always a reaction with her and not her being the agressor.  I believe she was very loyal and supportive to Cynthia and Cynthia knew it.  That is why she wanted to be friends with Nene again.  However  Peter will be in her ear making sure no one ruins his plans to bilk Cynthia out of her money for his worthless business ventures.

Oh, and giving him money for gas

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 7

First, Joyce could never comfort anybody, second, most women will wind up old and alone, even if they do marry because women outlive men.  I always have issues when people try to scare women with that nonsense.  I mean if you live to be eighty something, not to many men around.  

I think you know what I meant by my comment. If Kandi was a decent person, she could have a long, happy relationship with Todd. She is only 38. Hell, they could be married for 40 years or more but it's not gonna happen for her with anybody as long as she treats her husband (or any husband after Todd) they way she does. She will never have a fulfilling, committed relationship with anyone and that is what I meant by ALONE.

Right now I think Todd is the smartest man in the world for not wanting to get Kandi pregnant. He is fully aware that this marriage is doomed. 

Edited by demarti
  • Love 11

So is Peter hating on Nene just because she told him to stop acting like a bitch? There has to be more to it because I remember when they were tight and always joking and flirting with each other. And really does anybody talk to their BFF 10 times a day or how ever much both Peter and Cynthia said they did?  Maybe he was getting fed up with that.  Still not enough reason for the big blow up.  I just don't trust that sleazy papa smurf at all.  

• Love 1

I don't know how I feel about the Sharon segment even being shown. I kind of think that should have been scraped. No one came out of that looking particularly good. Whoever said Sharon was really heavy handed with the salt - true that.

I thought it should have been scrapped too - if it had been a pleasant scene, ok- but not a reminder of her being called a prostitute and arguing with Kandi.

But everytime I think Bravo will take the high road, I remember Russel Armstrong.

And if Kandi keeps it up, she will end up just like her mother - bitter and alone. 

• Love 3

So is Peter hating on Nene just because she told him to stop acting like a bitch? There has to be more to it because I remember when they were tight and always joking and flirting with each other. And really does anybody talk to their BFF 10 times a day or how ever much both Peter and Cynthia said they did?  Maybe he was getting fed up with that.  Still not enough reason for the big blow up.  I just don't trust that sleazy papa smurf at all.  

Peter doesn't like Nene because he had to compete with her for Cynthia's attention, support and loyalty.  I don't get the big deal they are making about calling Peter a bitch.  I mean, he WAS acting like one.  They are acting like she said he was a child rapist or something.  She apologized, they accepted and AFAIC when that happens you don't get to keep bringing it up as the reason for why you aren't friends anymore.

Every time someone mentions it I roll my eyes and call him a bitch all over again.  

And yet another reason why I hate both him and his shady ass wife.  Nene is a big personality so she's always the one to blame for everything that went wrong in Cynthia's life.  Cynthia had no backbone - Nene's fault.  Cynthia couldn't say boo to anyone - Nene's fault.  Their sex life sucked - Nene's fault.  Cynthia and Peter had marital issues - Nene's fault.  Couldn't be because you're an insufferable dick who doesn't love his wife and she knows it?  Nope.  Nene's fault.  

I don't blame Nene one bit for not wanting to be friends with Cynthia again.  She's the worst kind of friend.  She makes you think she's 100% supportive and loyal to you....until she's not.  And then she tells all your unflattering shit to anyone who'll listen and finds the one person who makes your blood boil and makes them her new BFF.

Fuck you, Cynthia.

• Love 12

Yes, not filming or doing talking heads, just supporting as it should be. It is sad that Cynthia and Leon didn't work. He is much beter than Peter, anybody is better than Peter.

• Love 4

I am a straight 43 year old male who probably shouldn't watch this show or frequent this forum as much as I do.  But it's all been justified after reading these comments.  The biggest thing I've come away with is now I know I need to invest in some timbs.  :)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!!!     Wins the internet.

• Love 7

I was actually clapping when Todd's mom said she was going to sue the bitch.  I believe actual cast members cannot sue each other (slander or liable - otherwise they'd be in court 24/7), but the two mom's are not actual cast members.  Mama Joyce just says whatever.  It's not disrespecting a parent if they do say something inappropriate to call them on it, especially if it's said about your MIL and on National tv.  Kandi has no backbone.  MJ basically said Todd was no good, a cheater, an opportunist, and Kandi didn't say a thing.  I still love my mama.  You can still love her, but have an adult conversation about how she cannot continue to disrespect your husband or members of his family because they are YOUR family now, too.  If you disrespect them, you are disrespecting me.  

I don't see Todd and Kandi lasting for very long.  

I don't see them lasting either.  My husband once dumped a fiancee who absolutely refused to defend him against her father's verbal attacks and insults against him and his parents.  The way he described it, she just meekly sat there with her head down, and when her father put her to the question, she could only defend him because "Well, he's elderly and when you get that age, you earn the right to say what you want."  Really?!  I'm so sick of hearing that bullshit excuse trotted out to justify rude and offensive behavior.

They say that being forewarned is being forearmed.  Todd had ample warning of how things would go down before he married Kandi.  What made him think anything would change?  It's bad enough that Kandi didn't put that wildebeest mother of hers in check when she repeatedly went in on Todd.  How in the bloody hell does she sit there and laugh off Joyce's insults of Todd's parents and then get all swole up in the chest because Sharon is--GASP!--outraged?  Every Sunday night when my husband passes through the living room, he murmurs, "Todd, bruh, you need to pack your shit and bounce!"  I wholeheartedly agree and would gladly help Todd pack.

• Love 7

I'm not sure what people expect Kandi to do to Joyce.  She has never condoned what her mother has said, but at the end of the day, Joyce is Kandi's mother and they have love for each other.  Kandi should not have to be subjected to hearing insults and threats against her mother.  She is not responsible for what Joyce says.  The unique thing about reality tv is that people get to hear what other people really think about them.  If not for reality tv, Sharon would probably never have known what Joyce said.  The only reason Kandi told Todd what Joyce said about his father is because it was said on camera.  Family members talk about other people and family members all the time.  Sharon and Todd should have cut Kandi some slack with the understanding that Kandi isn't going to throw a relationship with her mother away because she said something they don't like.  She issue is between Todd, Sharon and Joyce.  Kandi should not be placed in the middle.  She cannot control another grown woman -- especially her mother.

• Love 2

The editors really made a point of showing how Cynthia is simply not a runway model.  Her style of walking is both super dated and without any kind of energy.  Lifeless statue.

Didn't we see Cynthia walk the runway in a previous season and do well?

I think Peter is afraid Nene might talk some sense into Cynthia, bottom line. He wants total control over his wife, and her money. Nene might wreck that for him.

Agreed. I think you nailed it.

Yes, and a couple others. Isn't it considered gauche to do that?

The thing is, Joyce doesn't comfort Kandi.  If you notice, she doesn't even treat Kandi very well.  Don't forget she also called Kandi short and big headed.  She doesn't bat an eye whenever Kandi is upset and crying over something she has said.  I haven't seen Joyce comfort Kandi once.  The woman has no feelings.  I think that is why Kandi is constantly trying to buy her love.  Even that doesn't work.  smdh

Also I believe that Joyce will use Kandi's deep pockets to make sure any man in her life is happy. No way in hell is Joyce going to end up alone.  She will brag about how she can "keep a man" and make fun of Kandi for being single.  I can't help but wonder if the new house is because the boyfriend is complaining about living in a home that they ripped apart and now wants something more in line with the lifestyle Joyce "is accustomed to".

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 8