Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Not wanting kids is a main reason for a relationship to disintegrate. Tom thought he would convince her to have children, but she didn't seem too eager to me.

I agree with you that during the first few years of new relationship bliss, Ariana asserted herself. Or tried to portray herself as The Cool Girl. She supposedly had no plans to ever marry or parent children. Sandoval was thrilled with his new sex partner and thought she complemented his image. Marriage and children would raise his brand. Or at least claiming to want to start a family with Ariana would raise his brand.

But after the honeymoon stage wore off, Sandoval, of course, began to feel restless and unappreciated. Ariana meanwhile was beginning to feel more comfortable and less guarded. It might be okay to consider a future that involved parenting. 

Sandoval procrastinated with regard to fertilizing Ariana’s frozen ova. It’s actually such a fortuitous outcome. 

• Like 5

I just watched season 1, episode 1 where Sandy and Kristen were actively cheating on each other even though we didn't know it yet.  And he said that he saw him and Kristen in 5 years married, with a couple of kids 😂

• Mind Blown 3
  • LOL 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, princelina said:

I just watched season 1, episode 1 where Sandy and Kristen were actively cheating on each other even though we didn't know it yet.  And he said that he saw him and Kristen in 5 years married, with a couple of kids 😂

But then he got angry because she cheated with Jax who was in their friend group! Bro, and girl code!

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

But then he got angry because she cheated with Jax who was in their friend group! Bro, and girl code!

Except that I always felt he was angrier with Jax than with her.  Just like James was angrier with him than Raquel.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Except that I always felt he was angrier with Jax than with her.  Just like James was angrier with him than Raquel.

The guys value their friendships with guys more than the relationships with their significant others.

• Like 10

Season 2 Episode 4 is on, Ariana moved to SUR from Villa Bianca, and she is flirting with Tom. Jax said that he saw Ariana and Tom having sex!

• Like 1
19 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The guys value their friendships with guys more than the relationships with their significant others.

And Stassi was also angrier with Kristen than with Jax.  I think this is because they confuse serial "banging" with a relationship.  Some of them outgrew it.  I think that's the reason Katie finally left Schwartz - she was the one he "banged" (once in a while) but his relationship was with Sandy.

• Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, princelina said:

And Stassi was also angrier with Kristen than with Jax.  I think this is because they confuse serial "banging" with a relationship.  Some of them outgrew it.  I think that's the reason Katie finally left Schwartz - she was the one he "banged" (once in a while) but his relationship was with Sandy.

Stassi and Jax had been broken up for a while when Kristin slept with him. He was free to have sex with whoever he wanted. You don’t owe your ex anything after a breakup. Kristen broke girl code by sleeping with Stassi’s ex, though Stassi reacted as though Kristen had slept with Jax while they were still together so a lot of people forget that fact that they weren’t. It was still wrong but not as wrong as sleeping with a friend’s current partner. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 minutes ago, glowbug said:

Stassi and Jax had been broken up for a while when Kristin slept with him. He was free to have sex with whoever he wanted. You don’t owe your ex anything after a breakup. Kristen broke girl code by sleeping with Stassi’s ex, though Stassi reacted as though Kristen had slept with Jax while they were still together so a lot of people forget that fact that they weren’t. It was still wrong but not as wrong as sleeping with a friend’s current partner. 

All true but Stassi said at the time something like "I know Jax is a dirtball; I expect better from my friends" 😄

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Bravo Announces the Return of "Vanderpump Rules" Alums Kristen Doute, Jax Taylor and Brittany Cartwright in New Spinoff Series "The Valley" Premiering in Spring 2024

· Bravo has officially announced the new series "The Valley," premiering Spring 2024, following a group of close friends as they trade bottle service in West Hollywood for baby bottles in the Valley all while they navigate bustling businesses, rocky relationships and feisty friendships.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, UniqBlue69 said:

I think they should have just brought Kristen back to Vanderpump Rules. It was unfortunate that she wasn’t a cast member last season when Scandoval broke. She’s the only one of the former cast members I would want to see back on the show and the one that makes the most sense given her current friendship with Ariana (and Scheana, Katie, and Lala) and her past history with Tom Sandoval. I don’t have any desire to see Jax, Brittany, and especially Stassi back. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Christ, could Jax and Brittany be any bigger fame whores than they already are? I haven't missed either of them since they were yeeted from VPR. I hope their new show tanks harder than the Titanic.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

I was hoping Bravo would shelf this dud. Is it going to be buried on Peacock? Yes, please! Vanderpump Rules lost viewers when the cast members started settling down, buying houses in the suburbs (The Valley), etc.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

“Now married for more than four years, the couple [Jax and Britany] is often the voice of reason and the glue that holds the group together.” If Jax is “the voice of reason,” I can’t even imagine what trainwrecks the rest of these people are! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 11
  • Love 2
On 1/10/2024 at 7:29 AM, RoseAllDay said:

For some reason I keep remembering the scene in the virtual reunion when Lala mocked Tom and Ariana —  I think over the frozen eggs — about going before a judge and saying, “But we feeeeel married!” That may have been prophetic, depending on how this turns out. 

It’s probably irrelevant, but it’s what I’ve been flashing on.

I remember this too. Lala is a bitch who always fancies herself an expert on anything but she had a point. Of course Arianna turned it into righteous indignation that people were dismissive of her relationship because they weren’t married. I honestly don’t think that’s what was happing. If it was, I felt like it came more from the guys than the girls. I thought the girls were just trying to point out that “feeling married” isn’t the same legally as “being married.” And of she wants to do the whole we feel married thing, she needs to take steps to get similar legal protection as she would if they actually got married. I’ve seen this happen with custody, that because a couple wasn’t married when they split up they don’t get a formal custody agreement (which a divorce would force) and then one person often finds out they don’t have the protections they thought they did and they need to go to court and get a legal agreement filed. I thought that was all the girls were saying. Well, that and that they all thought Tom had cheated on Arianna many, many times. I’m pretty sure they were saying that too. But you can’t tell Arianna anything she doesn’t want to hear. She’ll just start yelling about how disrespectful you are.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 1/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, FozzyBear said:

But you can’t tell Arianna anything she doesn’t want to hear. She’ll just start yelling about how disrespectful you are.

So true. I don't know how this "affair/cheating" thing made it so phenomenal that we are getting it shoved down our throats for. yet again, another season.

And i am really annoyed with Ariana and the promo ads with her stupid "valley girl" speak 

Ariana: He has never taken responsibility for what he "Did-UH." She sounds like a complete moron.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Jst2Wld said:

So true. I don't know how this "affair/cheating" thing made it so phenomenal that we are getting it shoved down our throats for. yet again, another season.

Because it happened at the end of what seemed to be not only the season, but the series finale!  And at least appeared real and organic, the way much of this show does when compared to the HW franchises (see RHofSLC for an example 😂). And people were just SOOOO outraged on her behalf - go back a year and look at the posts 😄.  You know these producers have to make hay out of that! But in the end they are just people on our tvs - I can hold a grudge that long in real life and so can Ariana, but viewers are over it and a year is too long to maintain that grudge.  Especially for someone who was never that much of a fan favorite to begin with - sorry, Ariana!  

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 1/18/2024 at 3:29 PM, UniqBlue69 said:

Bravo has officially announced the new series "The Valley," premiering Spring 2024, following a group of close friends as they trade bottle service in West Hollywood for baby bottles in the Valley all while they navigate bustling businesses, rocky relationships and feisty friendships.

Hence the fight over who gets to keep the house and who has to leave. They both know the cameras will be rolling and the opportunity to be on TWO natural phenomenon shows! Watching old episodes, Tom and Ariana deserved and deserve each other. They’re both assholes and have been for a long time. 

Just now, hottesthw said:

Hence the fight over who gets to keep the house and who has to leave. They both know the cameras will be rolling right down the street along with the opportunity to be on TWO natural phenomenon shows! Watching old episodes, Tom and Ariana deserved and deserve each other. They’re both assholes and have been for a long time. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Well, this news is disappointing. I do not want to see small, screaming children on any adult reality show. Please leave the kids out of it. They are annoying AF. 

Thanks Bravo for your subpar new spinoff series.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 11/5/2023 at 4:33 AM, Sweet-tea said:

Not sure where to post this. I've been slogging through the seasons as I just started watching this show about a month ago. I'm almost finished with S4. I want to get to the Scandoval stuff but not sure I have the stomach to go through every season. However, I'm one of those people who read magazines from beginning to end. 😛

Can anyone recommend seasons to skip until I get to 10?

All of them? Seriously, I stopped watching several seasons back and just went through those seasons after the Scandoval hit. Not sure which season it was, but I initially stopped watching when Jax and Brittany were getting married since I can't stand either of them. I still say Crazy Kristen was the best season ever.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 3
46 minutes ago, chlban said:

All of them? Seriously, I stopped watching several seasons back and just went through those seasons after scandival hit. Not sure which season it was, but I initially stopped watching when Jax and Brittany were getting married since I can't stand either of them. I still say Crazy Kristen was the best season ever.

I skipped at least 3 seasons and went to S10. Agree about Jax and Brittany. I also had no interest in watching another wedding.  

• Like 5
On 1/8/2024 at 2:40 PM, heatherchandler said:

I remember even on the show -people warning her that she would not be able to extricate herself from the house if Tom defaulted, or whatever may be… she rolled her eyes at them, acted like she was so much smarter.  Bottom line, she went into buying a house with a non-relative with her eyes open.  

He sucks - but her emotional well-being doesn’t trump his financial well-being.  

Any lawyers here know of you can force someone to sell property they don’t want to sell?  I’m curious if she has a case.

Of course she does. This happens in Divorces all the time. You either sell or one party buys the other out.  The courts are not going to say "sorry you have to wait for your equity from the house until the other party feels like moving out."  The Financial well being of a reality TV man-boy doesn't Trump the financial well being of anyone else. He will get his money, hopefully minus the money that went into Tom Tom. If I were her I would have hired an attorney immediately.  If he wants the house they can get a professional appraisal and buy her out 

• Like 6
(edited)
On 1/18/2024 at 1:37 PM, glowbug said:

I think they should have just brought Kristen back to Vanderpump Rules. It was unfortunate that she wasn’t a cast member last season when Scandoval broke. She’s the only one of the former cast members I would want to see back on the show and the one that makes the most sense given her current friendship with Ariana (and Scheana, Katie, and Lala) and her past history with Tom Sandoval. I don’t have any desire to see Jax, Brittany, and especially Stassi back. 

Totally agree, although I got to where I didn't mind Stassi so much. But, I have no interest in watching the Baby stuff. Would have liked Kristen to come back to VP since I will not be able to stomach watching Jax and  Brittany.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, chlban said:

Of course she does. This happens in Divorces all the time. You either sell or one party buys the other out.  The courts are not going to say "sorry you have to wait for your equity from the house until the other party feels like moving out."  The Financial well being of a reality TV man-boy doesn't Trump the financial well being of anyone else. He will get his money, hopefully minus the money that went into Tom Tom. If I were her I would have hired an attorney immediately.  If he wants the house they can get a professional appraisal and buy her out 

In California, neither person has a greater right to sell the home than the other. As I understand, the sale of the home must either be agreed to in writing by both or be court mandated, or they partition the home.  If one party will lose money, it may not end up being forced.  Like if he would have to write a check for what he owes after it’s sold, he cannot be forced to do that.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

In California, neither person has a greater right to sell the home than the other. As I understand, the sale of the home must either be agreed to in writing by both or be court mandated, or they partition the home.  If one party will lose money, it may not end up being forced.  Like if he would have to write a check for what he owes after it’s sold, he cannot be forced to do that.  

I was in the mortgage industry for 45 years, my ex husband was a Realtor.  If Arianna is insisting on an outright sale, the best the court will do is give Tom the option to buy her out, or they will be ordered to sell and split assets/liabilities. I cannot imagine that they haven't already discussed both options. The court will not order them to keep the house in joint ownership. Tom is a bigger idiot than I thought if he wants this to go to court so Lawyers can make money.  Since the law on this is so cut and dried, and one meeting with an attorney would clarify it, I am wondering if this is just another story line. As has been mentioned, most viewers are pretty much over Scandoval. Ariana has gotten gigs she never would have gotten and has moved on. I am sure Tom and Tom are still living happily ever after, so they will need some new drama to keep people interested. Otherwise Aiana comes off like Taylor did for anyone that watches Southern Charm. A bitter, angry ex girlfriend, especially long after the split,  is just annoying and very unlikeable.  My guess is Tom is refusing to sell, or buy her out, is a new chance for a storyline. Or maybe he has offered to buy her out and she is demanding some ridiculous amount. Either way, it's a possible story line.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, chlban said:

Would have liked Kristen to come back to VP

My opinion of Kristen did a complete 180 when she showed up to comfort Ariana.  I could care less about what her ultimate goal was, she was a great help to her.  Yes, bring her back.  It looks like her getting booted from the show (for aiding an abetting what I believe was a stunt that was instigated by Stassi) may have given her a needed wake-up behavior call.  I don't really want to see Stassi - I've never liked her and the nasty way she treated people (although for all her wailing over it, Scheana seems to have inserted herself into the mean girl role quite well), and I don't need to watch her try to make herself the show queen once again. 

And under NO circumstances do I need to see the embodiment of lying and destuction that is Jax Taylor or his cornpone partner in crime.   

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 1/25/2024 at 3:38 PM, Jst2Wld said:

Well, this news is disappointing. I do not want to see small, screaming children on any adult reality show. Please leave the kids out of it. They are annoying AF. 

Thanks Bravo for your subpar new spinoff series.

So Jax, the Corpone and Kristin are back in the fold....Boy, there is just not going to be any forgiveness for Stassi, is there?*  Unless she was offered the show and turned it down (which I totally cannot see happening, since she's a bigger attention whore than either Jax or the Cornpone.  

*Not that there should be.  But that creep Jax also slandered Faith as well.  

• Like 3
(edited)
On 1/29/2024 at 11:38 AM, Carolina Girl said:

So Jax, the Corpone and Kristin are back in the fold....Boy, there is just not going to be any forgiveness for Stassi, is there?*  Unless she was offered the show and turned it down (which I totally cannot see happening, since she's a bigger attention whore than either Jax or the Cornpone.  

*Not that there should be.  But that creep Jax also slandered Faith as well.  

Stassi doesn’t live in the Valley and she appears to be doing (disappointingly) fine financially so I can see her turning it down anyway. She probably feels she’s above it all now. If you need another example of the fact that there’s no karma in this world it’s that Stassi didn’t fall flat on her face.

(For the record, I know there are plenty of examples of karma not existing and some even more illustrative than Stassi but her landing on her feet is another one.)

Edited by glowbug
  • Like 4
On 1/29/2024 at 11:37 AM, chlban said:

My guess is Tom is refusing to sell, or buy her out, is a new chance for a storyline. Or maybe he has offered to buy her out and she is demanding some ridiculous amount. Either way, it's a possible story line.

Can you believe this site closed down the day before VDR started?  😂

Here's what was said on that point:

Ariana: Tom wants to buy me out and live here

Katie:  Great!  You can buy someplace better

Ariana:  Why should I have to move if he doesn't?  No way

So she's apparently teaching Tom a lesson of some sort 🙄

• Like 5

I was catatonic, not able to post here.

I listened to Nick Viall’s podcast.

Sandoval lied at least twice.

But he claims that he offered to buy Ariana out, substantially over the market value. (I want to know where he supposedly found the money for this offer.)

He claims that Ariana is being petty. She supposedly needs to move on with her life. He claims that he paid for the gym and other improvements to the house.

He claims that Ariana spoke to him so condescendingly that it destroyed his self-esteem. 

Nick did not let him off the hook.

3 minutes ago, princelina said:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

He claims that he paid for the gym and other improvements to the house.

Did he say who paid for that fugly life-sized sequin painting of the two of them on their second floor?  That person should lose the house as punishment! 😄

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Did he say who paid for that fugly life-sized sequin painting of the two of them on their second floor?  That person should lose the house as punishment! 😄

I think I read somewhere that it's actually made out of Legos! 

• Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 3
13 hours ago, princelina said:

It is obvious what Ariana is doing. Instead of selling the house, or letting him buy her out, she is staying at the house for a year now to "show" him because he loves the house and wants to keep it. She said it openly. In the meantime they avoid each other and communicate via third parties. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I thought I read (not sure if it is true) that Tom does not have the money to buy her out--he wants to make payments and her name would stay on the house until she is fully paid.  If that is true, then I don't blame her for saying no.  And he kept saying a million over what they paid, but he never said what the market value of the house now was.  That interview did him no favors, and I can't understand why anyone would date him

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

Who knows?  But this just goes to show why Ariana will lose her sympathy status sooner rather than later.  "He can't afford to buy me out and I'm not taking less" gets  you sympathy and understanding.  "I'm staying because he loves this house and I don't want him to have it, haha" does not.

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
(edited)

Ariana, from what she said on the most recent episode, doesn’t want him to have the house even if he did have the money to buy her out. If he had the money and offered her a fair price it would be better for her to just sell to him. It would be petty for her not to unless she wants to buy him out, but she hasn’t indicated that she wants that. That said, I doubt he offered her a fair price or that he has the money to buy her out, and if he doesn’t he should be forced to sell. That episode was also filmed a while back. I think it’s likely her stance has changed. I find it hard to believe she would waste money on taking him to court to force a sale just to keep him from getting the house. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Why was I under the impression that Tom had taken out a home equity loan or something to help finance the Schwartz and Sandy's money pit?  

That's what I remember too, along with Arianna thinking she wasn't liable for the HEL or HELOC if he defaulted. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

I thought I read (not sure if it is true) that Tom does not have the money to buy her out--he wants to make payments and her name would stay on the house until she is fully paid.  If that is true, then I don't blame her for saying no.  And he kept saying a million over what they paid, but he never said what the market value of the house now was.  That interview did him no favors, and I can't understand why anyone would date him

He might not have cash, but there is still equity in the house because even if they borrowed for S & S, the value of the house appreciated a lot since then. He could also borrow more money because he owns businesses, has income from VR, and other shows, and he has endorsements, etc. 

Edited by ZettaK
58 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

She is forcing a sale now by suing him (I posted a link recently) because she doesn't want him to keep the house. He would like half of the house (her portion) to be sold.

Ariana Madix Is Suing Tom Sandoval Over Their Shared L.A. Home

I found this part interesting:

As unconventional as the situation was, Madix said she had less anxiety living in the house post-breakup than she did when they were romantically involved and she worried about where he was late at night.

🤔

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

🤔

She never admitted this until now.

She also said she locks her bedroom door, so Sandoval can't get in. Is she implying he is dangerous, or that he would want to have sex with her?

• LOL 1
12 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

🤔

Oh, I can totally relate to this. Ariana knew when she committed to Sandoval that he had a history of cheating. But she wanted to believe that he wouldn’t cheat on her (once they became exclusive). She wanted to project a cool girl image. And she didn’t want to default to that paranoid/suspicious mindset, the way she did with boyfriends in her past. So she ignored or chose not to address a lot of red flags. But she can’t just shrug off the stress and anxiety that this strategy produced. 

That must have been much more stressful than her current living situation.

• Like 4

All I really wanna know is what is happening with Mya the dog. She seems so sweet.

Tom and Ariana are both idiots. He cheated and was trash but this happens lots and ppl get bought out all the time. Just get it done.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, RoseAllDay said:

Article should be available as a one-time read

It asked for my subscriber info so I wasn’t able to read it other than the headline. 
The most hated man in America…well that’s a stretch, but…

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

It asked for my subscriber info so I wasn’t able to read it other than the headline. 
The most hated man in America…well that’s a stretch, but…

Hmm. Let me see if there is an alternative….

EDIT — Try these…I got these through the “gift” feature. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/20/magazine/tom-sandoval-vanderpump.html?unlocked_article_code=1.W00.OEQk.aI8SlIPLTTfi&smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare&sgrp=c-cb

OR…

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/20/magazine/tom-sandoval-vanderpump.html?unlocked_article_code=1.W00.OEQk.aI8SlIPLTTfi&smid=url-share

Edited by RoseAllDay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Useful 2