Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I thought SUR closed soon after the finally of last season.

Someone tells me that Pump is closed too, but I think I heard about that here at some point...

If Yelp is to be believed, SUR is still open.  Villa Blanca closed and apparently PUMP closed because they lost their lease or something. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Gharlane said:

I thought SUR closed soon after the finally of last season.

Someone tells me that Pump is closed too, but I think I heard about that here at some point...

SUR didn't close. Pump closed in July, but Lisa Vanderpump moved some decorations, equipment, etc. to SUR, and I think she is going to operate it from there. Villa Blanca closed permanently in 2020. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Not sure where to post this. I've been slogging through the seasons as I just started watching this show about a month ago. I'm almost finished with S4. I want to get to the Scandoval stuff but not sure I have the stomach to go through every season. However, I'm one of those people who read magazines from beginning to end. 😛

Can anyone recommend seasons to skip until I get to 10?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

Not sure where to post this. I've been slogging through the seasons as I just started watching this show about a month ago. I'm almost finished with S4. I want to get to the Scandoval stuff but not sure I have the stomach to go through every season. However, I'm one of those people who read magazines from beginning to end. 😛

Hahaha.

Okay. If you really want to minimize your Vanderpump Rules episode viewing, skip to Season IX. 

But Seasons V - VIII include a lot of moments that explain why Scandoval happened. So you might want to view them later.

Good luck and have fun!

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I'm not sure you can skip any. If there was no Scandoval I'd say skip Season 9 but there's a lot to analyse re Tom and Rachel's behaviour. Season 6 is excellent so you shouldn't skip that, no Scandoval Easter eggs but  there's some stuff showing Tom's crap personality. Season 5 is pretty good, that's when we meet Rachel and also see the first seeds of Tom not liking the woman he's with to thrive. You can probably skip Season 8 but you have to watch the last episode so you can see fuckface Jax's last stand. Season 7 was pretty dull, it was the start of 2 years of Jax and Brittany wedding crap. Watch the episode when Lala goes crazy at a brunch and screams at Billie, Rachel, James and Tom but skip the rest. So that's my answer. Skip 7 and 8 and suffer through the tedium of 9. Enjoy 5 and 6 and then strap on for Season 10.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Marley said:

The early seasons are the best seasons why would you wanna skip lol. The season I don’t like tho is season 8 with the lame ass new ppl.

Agreed!  You can watch them quickly if you FF through anything with Max, Dayna and the gruesome Brett.  (Although watch the scene at Kristen's t-shirt party where Brett tries to shame Scheana for "sexually harassing" him and she tells him she was acting but if he's that lame he doesn't need to be in her music video.  I love that scene 😄)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I wasn't sure where to post this but at BravoCon this weekend the new trailer for VPR was released and the premier date will be Jan 15th!!  There's a bunch of stuff on social media from their panels and interviews if you want to check it out there.

VPR S11

Ooooh, you are so kind to post this.

Ariana accuses Sandoval of trying to kill her other dog?!?

Do you happen to know what Vanity Fair covered regarding Rachel in the Bravo “Expose”?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Do you happen to know what Vanity Fair covered regarding Rachel in the Bravo “Expose”?

The square root of fuck all.

Actually, that's not entirely correct. It rehashed what Bethenny and Rachel talked about on her podcast. But was there new information? No.

Edited by FancyRhubarb
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, FancyRhubarb said:

The square root of fuck all.

Actually, that's not entirely correct. It rehashed what Bethenny and Rachel talked about on her podcast. But was there new information? No.

So everyone thinks the VF article had Frankel’s fingerprints all over it. I usually think VF is a fairly decent tabloid. How did Frankel persuade VF to print stale stories that have been everywhere?

• LOL 1

I honestly don't know. They only people they got on the record were Bethenny, Leah McSweeney and Eboni Williams from New York. It featured bad behavior from Ramona Singer but we already knew she was a Trump loving racist so it wasn't anything new (although I am enjoying her finally experiencing consequences for her behavior, however brief it may be). There was nothing on the numerous sexual assaults, some of which they air without realizing what they are because Bravo execs are morons. It was mostly a few people on background saying they are encouraged to drink and Bethenny pumping herself up as the Sun King of Reality TV. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, FancyRhubarb said:

I honestly don't know. They only people they got on the record were Bethenny, Leah McSweeney and Eboni Williams from New York. It featured bad behavior from Ramona Singer but we already knew she was a Trump loving racist so it wasn't anything new (although I am enjoying her finally experiencing consequences for her behavior, however brief it may be). There was nothing on the numerous sexual assaults, some of which they air without realizing what they are because Bravo execs are morons. It was mostly a few people on background saying they are encouraged to drink and Bethenny pumping herself up as the Sun King of Reality TV. 

Replying in the Frankel/New York thread.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, FancyRhubarb said:

Like the recent attempted rapes on Below Deck Down Under, Gary King's of Below Deck Sailing Yacht sexual misconduct, and Brandi Glanville inappropriately touching Caroline Manzo on Ultimate Girls Trip Morocco. I would like to see those mentioned. 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

Like the recent attempted rapes on Below Deck Down Under, Gary King's of Below Deck Sailing Yacht sexual misconduct, and Brandi Glanville inappropriately touching Caroline Manzo on Ultimate Girls Trip Morocco. I would like to see those mentioned. 

Or the actual rape of Gary on Below Deck SY that aired because they didn't realize that a paralytic drunk man saying "no" and the woman saying "don't worry, I've already put it in" was, you know, rape. 

Alas, they weren't mentioned and they won't be. So I'm Fighting The Power by trolling Bravo social media with pictures of Andy and Ramona post firing and reminding them that they filmed and aired a sexual assault and didn't realize it. 

To get back on topic because this is a Vanderpump Rules Thread- Sandoval blows!. In the words of Bart Simpson, he both sucks and blows. And I will never not laugh at the denim kilt and ladies jacket he wore to BravoCon in some misguided attempt to be Harry Styles.

Edited by FancyRhubarb
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, FancyRhubarb said:

To get back on topic because this is a Vanderpump Rules Thread- Sandoval blows!. In the words of Bart Simpson, he both sucks and blows. And I will never not laugh at the denim kilt and ladies jacket he wore to BravoCon in some misguided attempt to be Harry Styles.

Ohh, is that what Sandoval was going for? :-D

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
3 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Haha he'd like to be The Bachelor! 😂

• LOL 2
On 11/16/2023 at 8:56 AM, ZettaK said:

Can it be? Ariana as the villain in the new season?

Or an attempt to jack up interest because I seriously do not see how people would ever view Sandoval favorably ever again.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Gharlane said:

Or an attempt to jack up interest because I seriously do not see how people would ever view Sandoval favorably ever again.

It's probably a storyline because the season is not interesting. 

• Like 4
On 11/21/2023 at 10:46 PM, princelina said:

I just think that Sandoval was almost always the more likable of the two, and if he's on a roll to kiss up and be liked again, while she's remaining up on her bitchy high horse, it's easy for me to see this happening.

Of them both, early on he always seemed to have more sense and direction. But gradually he morphed into some 1980s glam rock idol. That, plus his authoritative attitude when he really has no clue what’s going on — S&S really brought that out.

I don’t care for him anymore. Just seems smarmy. Change my mind, show.

(Agree that stupid Jax was more entertaining, always good for a laugh whether he intended it or not.)

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Ariana and Sandoval seem to be cordial enough in the promo. 

According to reports Ariana refused to film with him. So maybe it is about this. That Ariana was harsh with him. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
16 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

Of them both, early on he always seemed to have more sense and direction. But gradually he morphed into some 1980s glam rock idol. That, plus his authoritative attitude when he really has no clue what’s going on — S&S really brought that out.

I don’t care for him anymore. Just seems smarmy. Change my mind, show.

(Agree that stupid Jax was more entertaining, always good for a laugh whether he intended it or not.)

Yes but on the other hand, Jax was mostly mean and stupid, and I'll admit Sandy has been my favorite guy for most of this series (I'm aware it's a low bar, and my other favorite is James, so there's that 😂). He did get cockier and more attitude, but I think he knows how to be nice and charming and will be dialing it up big time this season, especially after that reunion!

• Like 4
9 hours ago, princelina said:

Yes but on the other hand, Jax was mostly mean and stupid, and I'll admit Sandy has been my favorite guy for most of this series (I'm aware it's a low bar, and my other favorite is James, so there's that 😂). He did get cockier and more attitude, but I think he knows how to be nice and charming and will be dialing it up big time this season, especially after that reunion!

Sandoval appeared to be better than the other guys until the affair.

I don't doubt he already received PR advice. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Sandoval appeared to be better than the other guys until the affair.

I don't doubt he already received PR advice. 

Oh you know it!  And unlike Jax, I think he'll be mostly capable of following it!

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 11/1/2023 at 1:53 PM, Carolina Girl said:

If Yelp is to be believed, SUR is still open.  Villa Blanca closed and apparently PUMP closed because they lost their lease or something. 

I was at Sur two months ago. I would be shocked if if they close that place anytime soon. 

Didn't Villa Blanca close a long time ago? 

When did Pump close? It was also open and quite busy when I was in LA. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 11/27/2023 at 5:22 PM, RealHousewife said:

I was at Sur two months ago. I would be shocked if if they close that place anytime soon. 

Didn't Villa Blanca close a long time ago? 

When did Pump close? It was also open and quite busy when I was in LA. 

Villa Blanca closed in 2020. Pump supposedly closed in July, but Lisa moved furniture/decor to an area in Sur (to continue the operation of the restaurant?).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Villa Blanca closed in 2020. Pump supposedly closed in July, but Lisa moved furniture/decor to an area in Sur (to continue the operation of the restaurant?).

Covid hurt Villa Blanca, right? That’s a shame. 

Maybe I confused TomTom with Pump.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Weren't they practically attached anyway?

• Like 1
On 11/7/2023 at 3:17 AM, FancyRhubarb said:

Oh, THAT'S what he was going for! Duh, I should have realized. Couldn't figure out what his angle was.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Ok let's start with calling bullshit on the girl who's "in love with a divorced couple", but kudos to the three of them for coming up with that storyline!  Then Ariana and Tom arguing about "her children" - they told us the eggs fertilization had not been done.  Also BS if they're going to try "Tom's still in love with Raquel".  But yes - I can't wait to watch! 😄

PS also at first glance Ariana's new man is about as appealing as Satchel was 🤣

Edited by princelina
  • Like 2
  • LOL 3
1 hour ago, princelina said:

Then Ariana and Tom arguing about "her children" - they told us the eggs fertilization had not been done. 

There is clearly something wrong with me because I never even thought about the eggs. I assumed she meant dogs.

LOL.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, princelina said:

Then Ariana and Tom arguing about "her children" - they told us the eggs fertilization had not been done. 

I too think it's about their dogs.

Also, oooooh Lala! What a salty, jealous bitch now that Ariana is getting all of the jobs! Suck it LFU. You weren't complaining when your Send It To Darrell merch was flying off the shelves!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, KristenR said:

There is clearly something wrong with me because I never even thought about the eggs. I assumed she meant dogs.

LOL.

You guys are right - don't tell my dog but that never occurred to me 😄

Also:  "Lala" has always been a salty jealous bitch 😊

Edited by princelina
  • Like 4