Type keyword(s) to search

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

🟡 Yellow Light: Community Check-In This sub-forum is currently under a Yellow Light status. While we celebrate the vibrant discussions happening here, there is room for improvement to meet our community standards for respectful and inclusive dialogue. Here's our focus:

- Improvement Period: We have until 4/6/24 to elevate the quality of our conversations. Without this improvement, the Topic (and potentially forum) will be audited at a deeper level, red lit, and potentially scheduled to close. 

- Guidance: Let’s highlight what’s working and improve on what’s not. Constructive, respectful dialogue that values all voices is our goal. Please use the tags in this document to demonstrate the changes happening of more intentional community conversations.  

-Assistance: Unsure about how to contribute in a healthy way? Check out our DEI Resources for tips and best practices. Use tags: #RespectfulDebate, #kindness, #globalcitizenship to highlight areas you are seeing improvement in the overall culture of this Forum!

- Your Contribution: Your voice matters. Help us steer these discussions back on track and aim for a Green Light. Together, we can ensure this forum is a welcoming space for all. Your insights and respectful participation are key to our success!

• Start Topic

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/howie-mandel-defends-sandoval-interview-claps-back-at-andy-cohen/

Apologies if this has already been posted. I quickly checked but didn’t see it. 

An Andy and Howie feud. I liked this: 

The Canada native added that he doesn’t “condone cheating” but he’s “worried” about Sandoval’s well-being. “I was in the room with him. He was visibly shaken, visibly damaged at this point,” Mandel claimed. “He’s a human being and I have empathy for every human being, I really do. He’s going through a real tough time, maybe he deserves to go through a tough time, but I really do feel for him. I feel for Ariana [Madix], I feel for Raquel, I feel for anybody who is involved in this.”

The Jackhole title is richly deserved. Sandoval clearly played Mandel.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
On 4/10/2023 at 4:14 PM, Marley said:

New rumour is Brock messed around with Raquel while she was staying with him and Scheana before the whole Scandoval rumour came out. Who knows how true this is and obv hope it’s not true but honestly wouldn’t surprise me at all.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ladies, hide your men. Jezus…Rachel’s going full scorched-earth with her castmates.

I can totally see Broke hooking up with Rachel. I give that marriage about as long as Shay’s, only this time a kid is involved…another kid. ☹️

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 4/11/2023 at 10:46 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

I don’t see where Ariana threatens suicide. I see only that she tells Sandoval that if he breaks up with her, he is ending her life. 

I just watched the podcast…all 1:19 of it! In addition to what was quoted about the breakup “effectively ending her life,” Sandoval followed that with “Threatening (beeeeep)” and it was obvious they were beeping out the word suicide. 

That being said, Sandoval did come off more self-deprecating, accountable, and reflective than the few quotes that made the headlines would lead one to believe. Every time he said anything directly about Ariana, he couched it hard with I know what I did is inexcusable, yadda-yadda. He said that before the affair started they were BOTH very depressed, so not just pointing out her mental health, but his own, too. He likes to go out and drink and distract himself when he’s depressed (he was 4 days sober as of the podcast taping, and that was a big deal to him), whereas Ariana takes to her bed when depressed. They basically lived separate lives, traveling apart, etc. But Sandoval said many times that “their brand” as a couple was very important to him. From the first time he kissed Raquel, which was 2 days after the girls’ Vegas trip and Schwartz’s boys’ night that Rachel crashed, Sandoval went into therapy. Their kiss happened before the kiss with Schwartz, and Sandy told Schwartz after they returned from Scheana’s wedding after confirming that Schwartz had no interest in Raquel, and they just kissed because everyone was making such a big fucking deal about it. Now that we’re seeing how everyone is already freaking the hell out over one peck with Schwartz, I can kind of see why after something developed with Sandoval he didn’t want to put himself through that—yet he obviously made it worse on himself by delaying the inevitable and lying about it for so long! Anyway, that’s just my opinion, so back to the podcast… After going to individual therapy for a couple of months and trying to not let anything else happen with Raquel, as things heated up beyond the kiss with Raquel, Sandy brought Ariana to couple’s therapy. He spent a few months “planting the seed” of breaking up and hypotheticals if they broke up. What Sandy didn’t expect was that Ariana would actually take the skills in couples therapy and work hard to improve their relationship! He admits that she became the Ariana he would have wanted all along, but he was already checked out. But then he felt like he couldn’t leave because she was trying hard, so that dragged things out even longer. But at the end, he broke up with her on Valentine’s Day but didn’t announce it because they had a Mixology book event. But she knew they were broken up because he went away without her to MIAMI of all places(!!! Lol) and basically didn’t even tell her he was going, and she didn’t try to check on him. But at his concert where it all went down right after he got back, she kissed him in front of the crowd because she knew he wouldn’t resist (because of their brand), and when his phone fell out of his pocket, she looked through it to see what he was up to in Miami, and was surprised by the Raquel photos. Because even though people had told her they thought something was going on between them, and Tom told her if they stayed together he wouldn’t be able to stay faithful, Tom never admitted that he was actually cheating with Raquel. It sounded like he was just very passive about the whole thing, like eventually she’s going to catch on that I’m talking about us being distant, I’m talking about how we could break up, but then every time Ariana would get all upset about that thought and say she’ll quit the show or hurt herself whatever so he’d back down. He should have just told her the truth a half a year ago, and it would have been like any other break-up on the show. He turned it into a whole media circus because he was so worried about the brand they built. How’s your personal brand working for ya now, Tom?

• Like 5
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/howie-mandel-defends-sandoval-interview-claps-back-at-andy-cohen/

Apologies if this has already been posted. I quickly checked but didn’t see it. 

An Andy and Howie feud. I liked this: 

The Jackhole title is richly deserved. Sandoval clearly played Mandel.

As I said above, I just watched the entire podcast. It was obvious that Howie didn’t “do his homework.” He had no idea about any of the cast of characters on this show. However, his daughter was cohost. She is apparently a big Bravo fan, and she was the one actually asking all of the questions. Howie just kept recapping like, let me get this straight, you were checked out of a relationship and moved on, what’s the big deal? In fact, as Tom was being honest and completely answering Howie’s daughter’s questions, he just kept interrupting to be like, why is this news? I don’t get it. I just came out of that assuming Howie for sure had a wife or two that he cheated on with the next wife. I don’t know how many times he’s been married, but it was very much an attitude of just, that’s show business, baby. But the daughter knew what was up. She was really leading the interview. If she weren’t there, I really don’t think Howie would have asked any questions at all. It was more like he just chimed in to let us know he was there and remind us that this was actually his podcast.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/10/2023 at 4:14 PM, Marley said:

New rumour is Brock messed around with Raquel while she was staying with him and Scheana before the whole Scandoval rumour came out. Who knows how true this is and obv hope it’s not true but honestly wouldn’t surprise me at all.

2 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Ladies, hide your men. Jezus…Rachel’s going full scorched-earth with her castmates.

I can totally see Broke hooking up with Rachel. I give that marriage about as long as Shay’s, only this time a kid is involved…another kid. ☹️

While I could totally see Brock hooking up with Rachel, I can also totally see Scheana and Brock leaking this so-called story to give them a little attention boost.  Scheana needs to be relevant, even in the throes of someone else's life drama.

I agree with the premise that Brock and Scheana's marriage will be over before everyone has paid off their credit card bills for attending that destination wedding.  Scheana and LaLa can be happy neighbors in Palm Springs, raising their girls together as single Moms (that is - until they have a fight, which will inevitably happen).

• Like 4
  • Fire 2
  • LOL 1

I think Sandoval's team leaked it since it came out around the same time as his "big" interview.

It has a "See, I'm not so bad, we all cheated with her" vibe.

Which is an extremely stupid strategy, more evidence against Sandoval.....

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I think Sandoval's team leaked it since it came out around the same time as his "big" interview.

It has a "See, I'm not so bad, we all cheated with her" vibe.

Which is an extremely stupid strategy, more evidence against Sandoval.....

Seriously - Tom Sandoval has a "team"??  He really is a legend in his own mind.  

What does this guy make in income and what is his net worth afte paying everyone?  

Hopefully, Ariana and Sandoval didn't mix incomes and savings, as I think she's a little smarter and wiser in all things.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I just watched a small clip of Tom Sandoval with Howie from AGT and I'm so fed up with him saying he's tried many times to break up with Ariana and they live separate lives. If that were truly the case, Ariana's brother would know, as well as Lala and sheana, etc. He didn't want to leave, but he didn't want to stop his affair either. If he lied convincingly about Miami girl, he lied about trying to break up Valentines day.

5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

As I said above, I just watched the entire podcast. It was obvious that Howie didn’t “do his homework.” He had no idea about any of the cast of characters on this show. However, his daughter was cohost. She is apparently a big Bravo fan, and she was the one actually asking all of the questions. Howie just kept recapping like, let me get this straight, you were checked out of a relationship and moved on, what’s the big deal?...

Thanks for your post. I just saw a bit and felt Tom wasn't pushed enough but Howie is not good at confronting others.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

But at his concert where it all went down right after he got back, she kissed him in front of the crowd because she knew he wouldn’t resist (because of their brand), and when his phone fell out of his pocket, she looked through it to see what he was up to in Miami, and was surprised by the Raquel photos. Because even though people had told her they thought something was going on between them, and Tom told her if they stayed together he wouldn’t be able to stay faithful, Tom never admitted that he was actually cheating with Raquel.

Tom is such a narcissist and unable to see when he's being delusional. Ibbelieve he thinks all of the above, but he'd be wrong. And using mental health and self destruction against Ariana because of confessional from years ago...? If he wanted out, the pandemic was a perfect excuse, not the nonsense he's spouting. As for sex/cheating.. I bet Ariana is more upset that he chose a friend of hers, rather than the sex 

6 hours ago, RoseAllDay said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

If they do break up, it'll be Brock's doing. Sheana strikes me as a mom who'd fight to keep her family together.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 4/8/2023 at 8:13 AM, Gharlane said:

I corrected this for you. ;-

You corrected it for me, too. For years I wrote about communication, using interpersonal and intrapersonal skills as I thought intra was within my own thoughts and inter was with others.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I just watched the podcast…all 1:19 of it! In addition to what was quoted about the breakup “effectively ending her life,” Sandoval followed that with “Threatening (beeeeep)” and it was obvious they were beeping out the word suicide. 

That being said, Sandoval did come off more self-deprecating, accountable, and reflective than the few quotes that made the headlines would lead one to believe. Every time he said anything directly about Ariana, he couched it hard with I know what I did is inexcusable, yadda-yadda. He said that before the affair started they were BOTH very depressed, so not just pointing out her mental health, but his own, too. He likes to go out and drink and distract himself when he’s depressed (he was 4 days sober as of the podcast taping, and that was a big deal to him), whereas Ariana takes to her bed when depressed. They basically lived separate lives, traveling apart, etc. But Sandoval said many times that “their brand” as a couple was very important to him. From the first time he kissed Raquel, which was 2 days after the girls’ Vegas trip and Schwartz’s boys’ night that Rachel crashed, Sandoval went into therapy. Their kiss happened before the kiss with Schwartz, and Sandy told Schwartz after they returned from Scheana’s wedding after confirming that Schwartz had no interest in Raquel, and they just kissed because everyone was making such a big fucking deal about it. Now that we’re seeing how everyone is already freaking the hell out over one peck with Schwartz, I can kind of see why after something developed with Sandoval he didn’t want to put himself through that—yet he obviously made it worse on himself by delaying the inevitable and lying about it for so long! Anyway, that’s just my opinion, so back to the podcast… After going to individual therapy for a couple of months and trying to not let anything else happen with Raquel, as things heated up beyond the kiss with Raquel, Sandy brought Ariana to couple’s therapy. He spent a few months “planting the seed” of breaking up and hypotheticals if they broke up. What Sandy didn’t expect was that Ariana would actually take the skills in couples therapy and work hard to improve their relationship! He admits that she became the Ariana he would have wanted all along, but he was already checked out. But then he felt like he couldn’t leave because she was trying hard, so that dragged things out even longer. But at the end, he broke up with her on Valentine’s Day but didn’t announce it because they had a Mixology book event. But she knew they were broken up because he went away without her to MIAMI of all places(!!! Lol) and basically didn’t even tell her he was going, and she didn’t try to check on him. But at his concert where it all went down right after he got back, she kissed him in front of the crowd because she knew he wouldn’t resist (because of their brand), and when his phone fell out of his pocket, she looked through it to see what he was up to in Miami, and was surprised by the Raquel photos. Because even though people had told her they thought something was going on between them, and Tom told her if they stayed together he wouldn’t be able to stay faithful, Tom never admitted that he was actually cheating with Raquel. It sounded like he was just very passive about the whole thing, like eventually she’s going to catch on that I’m talking about us being distant, I’m talking about how we could break up, but then every time Ariana would get all upset about that thought and say she’ll quit the show or hurt herself whatever so he’d back down. He should have just told her the truth a half a year ago, and it would have been like any other break-up on the show. He turned it into a whole media circus because he was so worried about the brand they built. How’s your personal brand working for ya now, Tom?

Ah, The Brand. He’s obsessed and delusional.

So what if Arianna threatened to quit the show? That’s got nothing to do with not breaking up officially and clearly. Except that this would make him a user. He viewed himself & Arianna as a power couple? Please get real! Tom get over yourself!

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
9 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Seriously - Tom Sandoval has a "team"??  He really is a legend in his own mind.  

What does this guy make in income and what is his net worth afte paying everyone?  

Hopefully, Ariana and Sandoval didn't mix incomes and savings, as I think she's a little smarter and wiser in all things.

Ariana and Sandoval own a house together, and they took an equity loan to finance the lounge. So, some of their finances are comingled. 

Sandoval calls it a brand because they wrote a cocktail book together, and I'm sure they have endorsements together. And, yes, he thinks he is too important.

I think Sandoval would probably continue having an affair and staying with Ariana for some time. It's possible he was thinking of the "brand".

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

I’ve been thinking back to the (I think) Season 8 reunion. The last one with Jax in any case. Everyone was defending Sandoval and telling Jax he’s such a good friend and Jax should appreciate him. Jax just keeps saying “it’s all for show.” Jax was an asshole then and he’s an asshole now, but was he wrong? I think he might have been the only one who really got Sandoval. 

• Like 8
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Sandoval calls it a brand because they wrote a cocktail book together, and I'm sure they have endorsements together. And, yes, he thinks he is too important.

I think Sandoval would probably continue having an affair and staying with Ariana for some time. It's possible he was thinking of the "brand".

I thought "the brand" Sandoval referred to was he and the other Tom.

• LOL 3
10 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Ariana and Sandoval own a house together, and they took an equity loan to finance the lounge. So, some of their finances are comingled. 

31 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Nowadays “brand” does not equal “company.” Any type of influencer is all about their “personal brand.” What is it about you as a person that makes you stand out from the crowd and make people interested in your life and/or aspire to be like you? Tom’s “extraness” and his relationships with both Schwartz and Ariana are a huge part of what makes people interested in following his life. Despite the deception and cheating, he and Ariana were portrayed as having a very cool and supportive relationship and seemingly the only “aspirational” relationship here amongst a group of trainwrecks. Before listening to his interview I couldn’t understand why he didn’t just break up with her—they didn’t have kids, others on the show broke up around the same time, etc. And now I kind of get his reasons—not that I AGREE with them—but in his headspace it’s not just ending a relationship but shattering a decade of this brand they built together. Who is Tom in this world of reality TV without Ariana? And I think that’s why his primary concern was not letting her walk away from the show if they broke up. He didn’t want to ruin her career, too. But in retrospect this was the best thing for HER “brand”—getting movie offers, Dancing with the Stars, and lots of supportive media and social media attention.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Nowadays “brand” does not equal “company.” Any type of influencer is all about their “personal brand.” What is it about you as a person that makes you stand out from the crowd and make people interested in your life and/or aspire to be like you? Tom’s “extraness” and his relationships with both Schwartz and Ariana are a huge part of what makes people interested in following his life. Despite the deception and cheating, he and Ariana were portrayed as having a very cool and supportive relationship and seemingly the only “aspirational” relationship here amongst a group of trainwrecks. Before listening to his interview I couldn’t understand why he didn’t just break up with her—they didn’t have kids, others on the show broke up around the same time, etc. And now I kind of get his reasons—not that I AGREE with them—but in his headspace it’s not just ending a relationship but shattering a decade of this brand they built together. Who is Tom in this world of reality TV without Ariana? And I think that’s why his primary concern was not letting her walk away from the show if they broke up. He didn’t want to ruin her career, too. But in retrospect this was the best thing for HER “brand”—getting movie offers, Dancing with the Stars, and lots of supportive media and social media attention.

That's why we were shocked when we heard of Ariana and Sandoval breaking up. They seemed to be in a stable relationship which was loving in the beginning if one watches early seasons. Not at the end- Sandoval appeared to be manic, screaming "Raquel, Raquel, Raquel" in the last episode (and I'm sure that's one small example).

They had a brand, and I don't doubt Schwartz is part of it, as well, but the other Tom is not going to leave the show and dump him. Ariana and Sandoval had business ventures together. That's why he was reluctant in ending the relationship although he claimed he was in love with Raquel. I wonder if Ariana's sudden interest again in the sandwich shop was influenced by him because both soon to be single women (Ariana and Katie) would have their own business. The lounge would be the Toms' business. It seems that Sandoval was hoping that both of them would agree to end the relationship (including the therapist sessions where he was discussing breaking up), so he could appear better, but it didn't work this way, it was explosive.

Also, both Sandoval and Schwartz probably wanted their soon to be exes to be on the show because it is a job, that's why Schwartz was filming so much with Katie although they separated in March of 2022.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

So, to be clear, I am not defending Tom or Raquel, but watching these retuns off and on over the past couple if weeks I am curious. Kristen cheated on Sandoval with one of her very best friends (at that time) boyfriend, Jax. Jax and Tom were supposedly good friends as well. Tom cheated with Ariana when he was with Kristen and we all now know he definitely cheated on Ariana early on with Miami girl. So why the reaction to this. Yes, Tom and Ariana had a longstanding relationship but so did Tom and Kristen. Did Jax get a pass because everyone already knew he was a sleaze. Because, honestly, I have long seen Sandoval as the Narcisstic sleaze he is, although he knew how to behave better th basically fooled us allan Jax in public-which could just indicate he's a Sociopath. Or is the reaction because Ariana has always been so smug that she convinced us they had the perfect relationship? Or is it that we just feel duped that Dumb Raquel just fooled us all? Just really curious, I don't claim to know. But, considering the history of many of these chuckleheads, The rage at Tom and Raquel may seem just a bit hypocritical. Thoughts? 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, chlban said:

So, to be clear, I am not defending Tom or Raquel, but watching these retuns off and on over the past couple if weeks I am curious. Kristen cheated on Sandoval with one of her very best friends (at that time) boyfriend, Jax. Jax and Tom were supposedly good friends as well. Tom cheated with Ariana when he was with Kristen and we all now know he definitely cheated on Ariana early on with Miami girl. So why the reaction to this. Yes, Tom and Ariana had a longstanding relationship but so did Tom and Kristen. Did Jax get a pass because everyone already knew he was a sleaze. Because, honestly, I have long seen Sandoval as the Narcisstic sleaze he is, although he knew how to behave better th basically fooled us allan Jax in public-which could just indicate he's a Sociopath. Or is the reaction because Ariana has always been so smug that she convinced us they had the perfect relationship? Or is it that we just feel duped that Dumb Raquel just fooled us all? Just really curious, I don't claim to know. But, considering the history of many of these chuckleheads, The rage at Tom and Raquel may seem just a bit hypocritical. Thoughts? 

Did he cheat on Ariana with Miami girl? I don't recall that.

I think it's because we thought of Raquel as a kind, if extremely dim, person, and Ariana (who wasn't friends with Kristen) a kind, if sometimes smug person, who opened her home and heart to Raquel when she was dealing with the heartbreak of her broken engagement to James. Sleeping with Tom, who we all know is a sleazy, ego maniac, was a massively stupid and cruel offense against girl code.

And she dared to go mad over and continuing to express outrage over the James/Lala hookup and calling Lala names, all the while doing this? I don't think it was cool at all for James and Lala to hookup but don't really care because they were not friends and It was still very early in the relationship--not that it makes it okay.

Kristen and Stassi were so fucking toxic that nobody cared if they got hurt or hurt each other.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ZettaK said:

Screenshot_20230414_022032_Instagram.jpg

I doubt he'll get fired.  You need a good villain for everyone to rally against.  Nobody would have anything to talk about 🤷‍♀️

58 minutes ago, chlban said:

Well, to be honest, a girl has to be at least a little crazy to get involved with any of these guys and going from James to Sandoval? I am pretty sure this is a sympathy play, but this level of hate must be hard to handle.

All true plus everybody deserves to be mentally secure, stable.

Have you guys heard about this new show on Peacock for Jax & Brittany?  I watched this week's ep., it's pretty good.  Nothing earth shattering and you can tell they're playing nice for the cameras but yeah I'll continue to watch.👍

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

Did he cheat on Ariana with Miami girl? I don't recall that.

I think it's because we thought of Raquel as a kind, if extremely dim, person, and Ariana (who wasn't friends with Kristen) a kind, if sometimes smug person, who opened her home and heart to Raquel when she was dealing with the heartbreak of her broken engagement to James. Sleeping with Tom, who we all know is a sleazy, ego maniac, was a massively stupid and cruel offense against girl code.

And she dared to go mad over and continuing to express outrage over the James/Lala hookup and calling Lala names, all the while doing this? I don't think it was cool at all for James and Lala to hookup but don't really care because they were not friends and It was still very early in the relationship--not that it makes it okay.

Kristen and Stassi were so fucking toxic that nobody cared if they got hurt or hurt each other.

I think that Sandoval vehemently denied sleeping with Miami Girl....at first.  When Kristen was on her own Sandoval revenge crazy train, she somehow convinced Miami Girl to come to SUR and confront him.  Sandoval ran away from the confrontation (and his bartender shift) like a frightened child.  Kristen was standing by, gleefully waiting with open arms, for Ariana to break up with Sandoval and he would come running to her.  Didn't happen.

My opinion is that he totally slept with her, but I don't remember if he ever finally admitted it, but Jax confirmed it and I think Scwartz basically admitted it, too - by not denying it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, politichick said:

2 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I know we are snarky, but doesn't this normally happen after a scandal, and some PR advice?

Is it wrong of me to actually feel just a teeny, tiny bit sad for Rachel?  

I feel like she wanted fame and celebrity so badly (given all the backstory on how she finagled and wrangled her way onto the show), that she let it all consume her and now, this happens.

Clearly, her thirst for fame caused Rachel to make A LOT of poor decisions, starting with hooking up with James and ending with being one of the most hated reality celebs ever.  

It's a shame.  I hope her parents work with her, and get her as far out of Los Angeles as possible, for the rest of her life.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

I'm scratching my head about this.  First, do we believe this is an inpatient facility or is she in some sort of an outpatient/intensive outpatient program?  My vote is on the latter--I don't think you can check yourself into an inpatient facility like it is a stay at a Hilton.  

Second, so what?  She is some sort of program.  I'm glad she is getting the help she thinks she needs but it does not change my opinion of her.  

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Gharlane said:

1 hour ago, albarino said:

I'm scratching my head about this.  First, do we believe this is an inpatient facility or is she in some sort of an outpatient/intensive outpatient program?  My vote is on the latter--I don't think you can check yourself into an inpatient facility like it is a stay at a Hilton.  

Second, so what?  She is some sort of program.  I'm glad she is getting the help she thinks she needs but it does not change my opinion of her.  

So several comments pertaining to that article are claiming that she’s actually at Miraval luxury spa. I checked it out and it is not a mental institution.

If this is correct, major sympathy play…

I doubt she has the capability to be insightful, and remorseful. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
6 hours ago, chlban said:

For years, Rachel played this faux character of criticizing cheating, criticizing James & Lala, and being someone with integrity who expected some moral behavior. 
Now she’s cut loose and letting us know who she really is.

Again, this is not a quick one night stand or minor hookup. It’s a long affair behind a close friend’s back, repeatedly at her friend’s home. No one else has reached this level of duplicity.

Edited by lili45
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

I continue to be torn between what is real and what is staged. I certainly don't want anyone to truly suffer but I guess I just don't know what's scripted.

I guess I just can't quite wrap my brain around the very basic part of having a camera filming my life and having intimate conversations ( and actions)  on camera, knowing it's going to be seen by millions. The scenes with Rachel and Schwartz "making out" in full view of everyone there was cray cray enough for me, but to know that there are cameras I mean COME ON. WTF?!?!?!?

Which is why I wonder if this is all part of the act. I will say though that I think the cast (and the boss man Andy) did not anticipate this level of reaction from the viewing audience.

• Like 8
On 4/14/2023 at 10:01 AM, chlban said:

Stassi and Jax had been broken up for a bit before Kristen slept with Jax. It’s still breaking girl code because hooking up with a friend’s ex is not good either but it’s a much lesser violation. 

Edited by glowbug
  • Like 6
On 4/13/2023 at 12:40 AM, FozzyBear said:

But why wouldn’t he assume he could get away with this bullshit? This was more or less the same scam he pulled when he cheated on Kristin with Ariana, why not use it when cheating on Ariana? Just call the old girlfriend mentality unstable, say the relationship was dead, say they forced him to cheat by being a bad girlfriend. Heck he even used a lack of sex as an excuse both times. This is what he does! And I doubt this is the first time he cheated on Ariana, just the first time he got backed into a corner he couldn’t lie his way out of.

He also was trying to "make things work" (on camera at least) with Kristen - he didn't break up with her to be with his true love Ariana.  They broke up after she admitted to sleeping with Jax.  Just like he stayed with Ariana even though he and Raquel are "in love" and didn't break up with her until everyone found out and she dumped him 🙄

Edited by princelina
  • Like 8
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I think that Sandoval vehemently denied sleeping with Miami Girl....at first.  When Kristen was on her own Sandoval revenge crazy train, she somehow convinced Miami Girl to come to SUR and confront him.  Sandoval ran away from the confrontation (and his bartender shift) like a frightened child.  Kristen was standing by, gleefully waiting with open arms, for Ariana to break up with Sandoval and he would come running to her.  Didn't happen.

My opinion is that he totally slept with her, but I don't remember if he ever finally admitted it, but Jax confirmed it and I think Scwartz basically admitted it, too - by not denying it.

Bravo was airing those episodes yesterday. Sandoval left SUR when Annemarie (Miami girl) arrived with Kristen, and texted Ariana to join him. They both had shifts at the same time, and they left by taking an Uber. Kristen and Annemarie followed them outside for a few minutes until their Uber arrived. It seems to me he didn't want Ariana to be alone with Annemarie because she would give her own version of events, without Sandoval being able to contradict it. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, nexxie said:

IMO Raquel’s father could be one reason she’s so screwed up - seriously creepy from what we’ve seen on the show. Hope she gets the help she needs.

If memory serves, Raquchel's father did not approve of her relationship with DJ Muppet Baby. I kinda remember her father wanted to punch him in the face.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, chlban said:

I think it's all of the above. Sandoval seemed to be better than the rest of the guys. It's obvious from watching the previous seasons. Yes, he was narcissistic, but nothing too bad otherwise. He appeared to be committed to his relationship, as far as WE knew. Jax was a disgusting pig, and a serial cheater. I think that Sandoval is attractive (without the mustache, and especially when he was younger), so he was probably more likable because of it- it's human nature. Ariana was a little arrogant, but not normally nasty. She is attractive, so why would Sandoval cheat? Note: guys don't always cheat with more attractive, more intelligent, or even younger women. And Raquel fooled everybody, pretending she was innocent, vulnerable, and nice- even those who were her friends, or worked with her. 

I can't believe we analyze this as if it is some important story. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, Gharlane said:

If memory serves, Raquchel's father did not approve of her relationship with DJ Muppet Baby. I kinda remember her father wanted to punch him in the face.

James is a walking disaster imo so I had no problem with Raquel’s father on that count. But to me the man seemed obnoxious, controlling and dismissive - I recall thinking that Raquel chose a boyfriend who shared those personality traits with her father.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

But to me the man seemed obnoxious, controlling and dismissive

I can't fault him for being anti-James, either. His daughter was engaged to a verbally abusive, vicious alcoholic who most likely cheated on her repeatedly. No father would be thrilled. I didn't see enough of him to form an opinion on his personality, though. He might just be one of those people that most don't get. My dad was like that. He'd say something as a joke but with no inflection or indication that he wasn't being serious and I can't tell you how many people he offended/ pissed off. I can easily imagine him making a joke about burying my finance in the desert like Father Leviss did and expecting people to realise he was being facetious. Probably a good thing I'm not on reality TV. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
On 4/15/2023 at 12:52 AM, ZettaK said:

I think it's all of the above. Sandoval seemed to be better than the rest of the guys. It's obvious from watching the previous seasons. Yes, he was narcissistic, but nothing too bad otherwise. He appeared to be committed to his relationship, as far as WE knew. Jax was a disgusting pig, and a serial cheater. I think that Sandoval is attractive (without the mustache, and especially when he was younger), so he was probably more likable because of it- it's human nature. Ariana was a little arrogant, but not normally nasty. She is attractive, so why would Sandoval cheat? Note: guys don't always cheat with more attractive, more intelligent, or even younger women. And Raquel fooled everybody, pretending she was innocent, vulnerable, and nice- even those who were her friends, or worked with her. 

I can't believe we analyze this as if it is some important story. 

So true. That is really what prompted the question. I have never cared for Arianna, too smug, but there really aren't any women, or men, on this show I can honestly say I like. I detest Lala and always have. I just saw Raquel as dumb, in part for putting up with James, but now I wonder if it was stupidity or cunning. It got her, and kept her, on the show. Big price to pay for Fame, but now she has "scored" a bigger fish in the VP Universe, even if everyone now hates her. You are also absolutely right about the fact that men don't always leave for prettier or younger. It happened to a gorgeous, kind friend of mine. He left her for a slightly older, slightly overweight and overall plain woman. My friend was busy raising kids and working full time. Her replacement thought he hung the moon and he wanted that. Then, of course, those old enough to have lived through the saga, will remember shaking our heads in wonder when Prince Charles, married to the beautiful Diana, wanted nothing more than to be with the older, far less attractive Camilla. Twenty years later both he and Camilla seem to be  forgiven for their cheating scandal. Presumably it won't take as long for Tom and Raquel. I wonder if they will last.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

It seems Raquel is at a luxury  wellness resort (one of the Miraval locations), not a mental health facility.

https://perezhilton.com/raquel-leviss-mental-health-facility-treatment-exclusive/

I wonder whether they edited this story since you posted it, because it reads that it was rumored that she was at this luxury resort, and her rep corrected that she is at a mental health facility, and it concludes clearing up the rumor that she is getting treatment.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
7 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:

That’s a claim, but her rep denies it.  We don’t know which is the truth.  

I just looked up this Miraval Resort and it’s giving HBO’s “Nine Perfect Strangers” vibes. I think you’re probably right that she’s saying she’s there for “mindfulness” and “wellness” but it’s a far cry from being in an in-patient mental health facility!

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 4/15/2023 at 3:52 AM, ZettaK said:

I think it's all of the above. Sandoval seemed to be better than the rest of the guys. It's obvious from watching the previous seasons. Yes, he was narcissistic, but nothing too bad otherwise. He appeared to be committed to his relationship, as far as WE knew. Jax was a disgusting pig, and a serial cheater. I think that Sandoval is attractive (without the mustache, and especially when he was younger), so he was probably more likable because of it- it's human nature.

I'll admit he was always my favorite because he usually tried at least to be nice to people, and he had an energy that seemed interested in doing more with himself  than just drinking and having sex.  James and Jax amused me because they could be funny in their THs but they're pretty awful, and Schwartz could be fun with Sandy but was always kind of a loser.

• Like 8
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I wonder whether they edited this story since you posted it, because it reads that it was rumored that she was at this luxury resort, and her rep corrected that she is at a mental health facility, and it concludes clearing up the rumor that she is getting treatment.

Yes, the story was edited. It seems her reps are doing damage control.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 1