Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
cooksdelight

Winner Edit vs. Loser Edit: Discuss Amongst Yourselves

16 minutes ago, NutMeg said:

If anyone is getting some kind of hero edit, sitting on top of rocks and gazing in the distance, it's people on EoE. There were some shots in last week's episode that felt very reminiscent of the kind of on-top-of-a-mountain shots winners used to have during a number of seasons. It may have been either Chris or Eric. (I had just gotten out of hospital after fracturing bones and was in that state where watching was a welcome and fun distraction but when the pain was also distracting from the watching, hope that makes senses.)

Yeah, the EoE people are getting the hero/winner edit with their confessionals moreso than the actual people in the game. I don't know if that's because one of the EoE come back and win or it's just they have time to do with them since it's all they have to talk about. Getting back in the game.

• Like 1

I'd say Joe, Aubry, and Eric strike me as winners if one comes from EOE.  Joe's spiel about losing is pretty much the same he had the last two times he lost, but we didn't get the single tear down his cheek the last times (he just cried in his Ponderosa videos).  I also think they are probably more likable than Reem, and I don't feel like Chris has gotten much of an edit to justify a win.  

• Like 1

Eric hasn't got much more of an edit that Chris imo, but last week's 'I might quit but no my daughters must see me persevere' or whatever felt like the possible beginning of a come back and win story.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's kind of why I'm leaning towards him being more of a winner than Chris.  Just because of that quote.  I don't think Chris or Reem have had anything like the other 3 have.  

David is the only one still in the game I feel is getting a good edit.  Kelley kind of has the negative edit turned underdog arc going for her.  At this point those two would be my picks in the game.  With Julia now out on EOE, we'll see this week what we get from her and the others. 

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 7:07 AM, peachmangosteen said:

The only thing I feel sure of is that Kelley will not win. She was getting too bad of an edit for too long imo.

I don't feel sure of this.  I don't know what's going on with Kelley's edit, but it doesn't feel like total no-go to me.  Aurora does.  Julie does.  Even Joe does -- if we didn't know Joe from past seasons, I think all of us would be like "Joe who?" by now, he's not even doing anything on THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION, he's a big nothing and always has been this season.  Really only Aubry seems possible to me, of those on THE EDGE.  But I feel like Kelley is still in this.

Not that I think she's got it on lock or anything.  Her edit is super weird.  I feel like (until this week) it's never been about What Kelley Is Doing, which is definitely a bad sign; it's like she's an object in the field and not a person making moves.  But I still think she was never in any danger in the early game and that was all an editing concoction, and so I wonder what else is phony baloney this season.  I certainly don't think her edit was too negative to win -- negative is not anywhere near as damning as invisible.

I feel like Kelley, David, Rick, and Victoria are the only people with edits.  Maybe Lauren.  Ron might have but I just can't see it happening.  On the other hand Wardog seems like a game possibility but not an edit possibility, really.

But like I say I'm always wrong, so don't listen to me.

• Like 1

In the beginning it really felt to me like they were trying to make us all hate Kelley. All the eyeroll shots, the shots of her being miserable, never really showing her be positive, never showing her be any kind of force in the votes, etc. They seem to be veering now though, so we might be in for a 'come from behind' type victory for her. I don't really think so though.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2019 at 11:14 PM, KimberStormer said:

I feel like Kelley, David, Rick, and Victoria are the only people with edits.  Maybe Lauren. 

This. After last season, I learned no matter what the game is telling you, we have to like the winner, feel a connection to the winner, even if the winner seems impossible based on the game. And they completely ignored Kama to the point of parody in the early edit (with the exception of Aubry and Joe -- neither of whom have gotten big Edge of Extinction edits), meaning I have to believe the winner is on Manu/Lesu.

I agree Victoria is playing a good, solid game, but I feel no connection to her personally. I know nothing about her, and I don't feel I'm meant to sympathize with her. She's like the Kara Kay of this season so far.

• Like 2

I'd argue Wardog is playing the best game, but his edit doesn't really support a winner.  Gavin was pretty invisible pre-merge, and only really became visible with the Eric vote, but still doesn't seem to be getting much of an edit of any kind.  I also wonder if Victoria peaked, because she isn't getting much either.  Julie probably can't decide on her own whether she wants to win or not, Ron is too unlikable to win, Lauren hasn't done much in the game other than being tied to the Lesu 3, and I don't think Aurora has gotten much in terms of edit or has enough allies to make it to the end.  I guess of those left in the game, though, I'd say she and Rick would stand the best chance.

I'm sure my opinion will change next week.  Again.  I think Rick has been an ass some weeks, but this week he was likable.  It's not like it was hard to accomplish though.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Like 2

I can see a winner in Rick, even though I really don't like him. The thing is, he was voted out, and I don't want to see someone win that way. Oh well, if he wins, I would guess he would deserve it in a season based on this stupid twist.

• Like 1

Yea, I think Rick is getting the most winner-y edit. Victoria is probably the only other person I could see winning. I mean, I could see David/Kelley/Aubry winning, but I don't see any of them making it back into the game tbh. Maybe Aubry, which is why Aubry is probably #3 on my picks to win.

• Like 1

To me, Edge of Extinction has been providing editing clues about the winner. It has been like a player in and of itself, and its post-merge edit has gone down considerably. I wonder if that says a lot about who was there pre-merge, and why it was important.

Edge of Extinction is going to be like those Edgic (ha ha) "second person POV," where they add up all the good/bad confessionals about another person. And the only reason the Edge of Extinction showed up last night was for an advantage for another player. If it becomes nothing but an advantage-haven to help current players, I think we can rule out anyone currently on Edge of Extinction as a winner themselves.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3