Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Didn't one of the photos the other day show hook with a cut on his face? I think he's supposed to look disheveled

Those photos were pretty far away & kind of blurry, so I think that was just shadow/his hair.

Wouldn't babies 3 mths old still need a bit of head support depending on how fast or slow they're growing?

I don't know. I was just trying to figure out if the fact that they're still carrying the baby cradled in the crook of the arm is any indication that there hasn't been a time jump. That's why I was wondering. Even if you don't carry them on the hip, at some point the kid is too big to carry in the crook of the arm, and the kid will want to be vertical. They get squirmy being held like that, the arms and legs start flailing and the head comes up because they want to see. I just don't know what age that starts (because I only borrow children briefly and then give them back -- I don't start spending enough time with them to observe developmental stages until they're in preschool). I would say that if Snow's still able to hold Snowflake like that, I doubt that more than a month could have passed, but they might cheat a bit for shooting ease and keep the kid at an age where he can mostly be played by a doll until they absolutely have to make him older.

• Love 1

Wouldn't babies 3 mths old still need a bit of head support depending on how fast or slow they're growing?

No, by three months the baby's neck muscles can support the head. I often nursed my babies as I was walking around while shopping or so they were used to being carried cradled in my arms even at 12 months. Once past the newborn stage, how a baby is carried has more to do with the baby's temperament, how sleepy he is and what he is used to than his age.

Because after Emma became the Dark One, they all needed to drink. A lot.

Maybe Granny is trying to expand her business? Or maybe that's why the old Granny's is somewhere else. Zelena got pissed, tornadoed it away and Regina rebuilt Granny's with magic and a beer garden. Other than that, no frigging clue.

• Love 2

If Emma were in Storybrooke for a little bit before going to the EF, maybe she magic'd it into a beer garden to amuse herself. Or maybe it's not meant to be Granny's, but is just acting as a stand in for a different location.

• Love 1

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore?

I know it's supposed to be Storybrooke, but what if it isn't? The signage is very medieval looking, like something you'd find in those fairs complete with jousting and everything.

• Love 1

I wonder if they'll be leaving the "Granny's" sign on the "Any Given Sundae" building.

They had 3 new signs on buildings last year that they didn't use but they used it in the short they did for Comic Con when they introduced those 3 characters.

Shouldn't it be Ye Olde Beer Garden?.

Odd bit of trivia--the ye is actually a the. The y is similar in appearance to a rune that was used to represent the "th" called the thorn, and it somehow morphed in popular culture to ye. :)

I think snarktastic's theory makes a lot of sense; somehow the two switched places.

But, who did the switching, and why? And why was Zelena apparently out of her cell and frolicking at Granny's?

• Love 1

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I think the production crew just needed an existing building to create a Camelot Beer Garden set, and since the production crew already has a good relationship with the Granny's building place, they're just disguising that building as a beer garden for now. I doubt it's going to be a permanent fixture in Storybrooke. You can tell in one of the photos that they're kind of hiding the word "Storybrooke" with some barrels, so they're banking on the camera guys to keep any Granny's looking areas off camera and just filming the Camelot set pieces. By the time we see the episode, we'll probably be the only ones who could pinpoint and say the beer garden they're in is actually Granny's set incognito.

• Love 2

But I think the Storybrooke sign and Granny's sign on that wall aren't permanent and are part of the production when they take over Steveston so that wouldn't make alot of sense to have them put up the sign and then try and block it. Plus, if they just needed a place, they could build the beer garden anywhere and not disrupt the diner's actual business. I like the theory that there may have been some sort of magic swap between Camelot and Storybrooke.

Good news is that they're filming today so hopefully we'll get some answers!

But I think the Storybrooke sign and Granny's sign on that wall aren't permanent and are part of the production when they take over Steveston so that wouldn't make alot of sense to have them put up the sign and then try and block it.

Unless they need to film actual Granny's shots later. If they have to do both a beer garden scene and a Granny's scene, it might be easier for them to set up the normal Granny signs first, and then temporarily cover it up with the Camelot beer garden. So in the morning, they shoot the beer garden scenes, and then later in the afternoon or night, they tear down the Camelot pieces and shoot a normal Granny's scene before the tornado rips it away.

• Love 1

JMo has mentioned that Dark Emma will be free and selfish. Now she's talking about her sensuality & lack of responsibility. She's not going to let Hook out of the bedroom.

• Love 1

I enjoyed reading the article and I really enjoy how Jen analyzes her character.  And this is how I'm hoping it will go, get to see her struggle.  If she doesn't give a shit about stuff, that's plenty fine.  I look at it as a break from her duties of Savior and her sacrificing shit over and over again.  It's like all those times I/we said Emma should grab her son and her boyfriend and leave Storybrooke especially after the whole 3B disaster where her parents decided that they needed to get her because they needed her and the way that came off.

I'm glad they're not turning her into an outright villain right away.  I was really worried about that.

I wonder if her not having a care of why she becomes evil is what they mean by her being the worst. Hook, Regina and Rumple all had reasons for why they acted the way they did. They all felt like life wasn't fair or whatever ever but maybe Emma's reasons are just she don't give a fuck which is weird since she's one of the main characters who should be pissed at the world and yet still grew up to be a good person.

JMo has mentioned that Dark Emma will be free and selfish. Now she's talking about her sensuality & lack of responsibility. She's not going to let Hook out of the bedroom.

LOL..poor man! So is he going to operate on the fact that Emma is currently "under the influence" and resist....or not?

(edited)

LOL..poor man! So is he going to operate on the fact that Emma is currently "under the influence" and resist....or not?

After my initial "HA HA!" about Emma keeping Hook in the bedroom, I remembered what show this is. Since we've dared to not forget that Regina raped Graham & kept him as a sex slave, I'm afraid they'll have Emma do the same thing if Hook tries to resist. You know, just to prove that Emma is as bad as/worse than Regina.

I'm sorry to have that thought, but it's TS, TW. And if they really wanna keep baiting SQ shippers, they could have sensual Emma flirt with Regina.

So ... yeah. Is that Beer Garden open yet? I hope they have stronger stuff. I'm gonna need it.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

The dark swan thing is reminding me of superman's red kryptonite, ... interesting...

I remember how horny and hot Tom Welling use to look when Clark was on Red K. Unfortunately Clark was also the biggest douche to ever douche it up so I see the same for Emma if she doesn't get her way. I hope it's more along the lines of that then them making her a petulant child.

• Love 1
If she doesn't give a shit about stuff, that's plenty fine.  I look at it as a break from her duties of Savior and her sacrificing shit over and over again.

This actually works for me, and I can even relate. I'm not anywhere near Savior level, but I'm generally the good girl type, the one with an overexpressed responsibility gene, so that I not only feel compelled to do the things I'm actually responsible for but also things that need to be done that no one else is taking responsibility for. I also really try to think of others, so I'll give up things I want if I recognize that someone else might want them. And sometimes that's so very tiring when no one ever reciprocates, when you're always the one giving up and no one recognizes that it would make a lot more sense for someone else to be doing something. It would be incredibly liberating at times to be able to lose the over-vigilant conscience and not have to worry about it at all, to be able to do what I want and let the rest of the world take care of itself. That's where I could see Emma going, where for once she can just saw "oh, screw it" and do what she wants without worrying about anyone else's happy ending or having to save the day. There's the possibility for a slippery slope there, if she starts with just not putting herself out to help someone (like Regina) get what they're really responsible for getting for themselves, and gradually works into genuinely not caring, and then into being willing to let others be hurt.

High on my wish list would be her telling Regina to find her own damn happiness and quit blaming others or expecting others to do things for her.

But I'd like Hook to stay good and not be tempted, for them to do a bit of role reversal, where he inspires her to want to be better the way she inspired him, and where he's one person she can't bring herself to hurt, no matter how far she goes. They could even mirror the bit with Snow and Charming, where to stop her from going dark he let her hurt him, and then the caring about hurting him snapped her out of it.

• Love 5
(edited)

There are strings of lights in the beer garden, so I don't think it was transported from Camelot. Unless someone modernized it after it came over from Camelot. I actually think it looks a bit Nordic or Arendelle-ish.

After my initial "HA HA!" about Emma keeping Hook in the bedroom, I remembered what show this is. Since we've dared to not forget that Regina raped Graham & kept him as a sex slave, I'm afraid they'll have Emma do the same thing if Hook tries to resist. You know, just to prove that Emma is as bad as/worse than Regina.

I'm sorry to have that thought, but it's TS, TW. And if they really wanna keep baiting SQ shippers, they could have sensual Emma flirt with Regina.

Both of those are actually two of my biggest fears with Emma becoming dark. I know, in the end, she'll be brought back from the darkness, so it's just worrying about the collateral damage. As much as I'd like to see some development on the Hook/Emma intimacy front, I don't want them to be together when Emma is full on evil. And if Emma flirts with any woman, it'll just be confirmation for the SQ shippers that she is indeed bi or gay. On any other show, it wouldn't be a big deal if she were bi, or just enjoyed flirting, but because of this fandom, it would just cause more drama. And I feel like it's such a TV trope that when a woman becomes evil, that she also becomes overly sexualized. I'm fully expecting to see the progression of Emma's evilness be in direct correlation with how much cleavage is showing.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 5

Nah, no matter how many interviews I read about the Dark Swan and how excited Jennifer seems to be, I hate it. I just hope this doesn't last all season and that the damage to the character and her relationships is not to big, but I'm not holding my breath.

And I find the fact that many fans, and even some cast members, want for Hook and Emma to have sex while she is the Dark One worrying. Because, even if it is consensual, Emma would not really be herself. And I don't even want to think about the other option. Either way, it would be really damaging for CS.

• Love 2
(edited)

You know instead of hurling Granny's away and plopping it down in Canterlot, excuse me -- Camelot, couldn't they just use that portal to Arendelle?

The EW spoiler room seems to indicate that Dark Emma might be the witch from Brave, as some have speculated.

Edited by KingOfHearts
As much as I'd like to see some development on the Hook/Emma intimacy front, I don't want them to be together when Emma is full on evil.

It's good thing she's not going full on evil right away then.  Her being selfish or hard headed and not wanting to do what she would normally do doesn't make her evil. It's almost like she'll be living her teenage years right now where she gets to rebel against her parents, ignore whatever responsibilities she might have and make out and do other things with her boyfriend whenever she has the chance.  

I never really rebelled when I was a teenager but my brother was a whole other story and the stuff he did put strain on my parents and their marriage which reminds me of what Josh has been saying about the relationship between Snow and David where there's going to be some ups and downs in their marriage.

We there will be a moment where Emma will go off the rails and we know she's going to struggle at first and I wonder if something will trigger her to step over that line from rebellious, doesn't give a rat's ass, possibly oversexed teenager to full on delinquent.  

• Love 1

And I find the fact that many fans, and even some cast members, want for Hook and Emma to have sex while she is the Dark One worrying. Because, even if it is consensual, Emma would not really be herself. And I don't even want to think about the other option. Either way, it would be really damaging for CS.

Honestly, I would like to see Hook struggle with the temptation. I think that would be realistic, and since he's been on the villainous side of things before, it would be interesting to see how his growth in prior seasons and his devotion to Emma would come to the forefront in such a struggle.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't like it, either. I'm put off by HOW prevalent the "Ohh, DarkSwan/Hook sex! Squee!!" is.

If they'd had sex before now, it would at least be a bit less troubling. It's just more of the show's problematic issues with sex. No sex while Emma is good, but as soon as she gets darkness, then they have sex. So it's basically equating sex with darkness, and I don't care for that presentation.

They simply don't do healthy presentations of sex on this show. It's either not shown, or it's nonconsensual/tinged with adultery. Hell of a family show there!

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't know what's up with Sheriff Sneezy wearing Emma's clothes, but it is cracking me up.

It definitely seems like there's some kind of curve ball thrown on the very first episode we don't see coming. Sure does appear to be a time jump. Maybe after whatever-we're-calling-the-team-that-goes-to-Camelot leaves, Granny's has been replaced with Beer Garden and Sneezy has taken up the sheriff job in their absence.

Camelot Crusaders?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

Dark Emma might be the witch from Brave

But haven't they been emphasizing the "completely brand new villain" thing?

appear to be a time jump

The "pick up where we left off" stuff is actually the flashbacks and all out Dark Emma is current time? Yeah that's right up their alley. Or they could do what Lost did with Desmond with all those flash-whatever he had. He could go forward, back to the past, sideways etc. They weren't linear. So that could be what they meant by Camelot is parallel, past, current, future or whatever was the exact quote. And Merlin is totally "Jacob."

(edited)

Is it possible at all that Emma comes back to Storybrooke and that they all leave together?

Emma introduces Merida, so what if that Stonehenge type of decor that someone took a picture of is a portal?  It still doesn't really explain Granny's being in the EF though the whole tornado theory could make sense.  

Sneezy being Sheriff is plain weird, although I'm thinking that with Emma gone and David being somewhat distraught over what happened to her would likely neglect his duties as everyone is trying to figure out a way to find her/get to her.

So now, I could absolutely see Rumple's Dark One form being a manifestation of Emma's subconscious or conscience or whatever where she needs to get away from that and go back to the people she knows will be able to help her or at least anchor her while she's struggling.  I'm guessing her line about needing the darkness to be out of her comes into play here.

Edited by YaddaYadda
And I find the fact that many fans, and even some cast members, want for Hook and Emma to have sex while she is the Dark One worrying. Because, even if it is consensual, Emma would not really be herself. And I don't even want to think about the other option.

Yeah, I'm not overly keen on the darkness=sexy thing. It's such a cliche on TV, where if there's a dark version of a character, especially a woman, she's a vamp. It might have made some sense if Emma were some kind of virginal good girl type who wasn't having sex with Hook because of some kind of moral constraint, so that without the rules she's free to go for it. But Emma's already had a kid, she was sexually active as a teenager, and she has a relationship history full of one-night stands, including apparently at least one with a married man. It's not as though she has to turn evil to lower her boundaries in that area. There doesn't even seem to be any real issue behind them not having slept together. They just seem to be taking their time and enjoying each phase of the relationship. We haven't seen one or the other of them pushing for more, we haven't seen them tempted but holding back for some reason.

Plus, as I said above, I don't like the idea of him being turned on by her being bad. He might be tempted, but he fell in love with her because she was good. She was in a way serving as his moral compass until he got his own realigned. I'd really prefer it not to be a case of her being all over him once she's evil. And then there's the consent issue. He's already being called Captain Rapist. What would happen if he slept with her when she wasn't really herself? She could be the one to drag him back to her lair, tie him down and have her wicked way with him, and he'd be called a rapist because with the Dark One in control, Emma couldn't really give consent -- and they wouldn't entirely be wrong if he has any opportunity whatsoever to resist, since the real Emma wouldn't want it to happen under those circumstances.

• Love 7

I think it's an unnecessary headache. Not looking forward to those debates. I can see it now "Emma is possessed by the DO, she couldn't consent, he's raping her.", "Hook is only sleeping with her now because he's afraid she'll go batshit if she thinks he's rejecting her, SHE's raping HIM", "Does this mean that all Rumbelle sex up until now was rape?!"

• Love 9
(edited)

It's not just simply "Regina has the dagger". Zelena has Robin (his heart) and is making Regina give up the dagger in exchange.

EDIT:

"ZELENA WAS HURTING ROBIN AND REGINA RISKED THE TOWN TO SAVE HIM" x but Zelena fails

Edited by Serena
(edited)

Regina has the dagger.

Now reports say Zelena has a black wand. Not sure if they're different things or there's some confusion over whether it's a wand/dagger.

Another report: Zelena is holding a black wand and apparentely she has Robin's heart and wants to trade it for the dagger

It's not just simply "Regina has the dagger". Zelena has Robin (his heart) and is making Regina give up the dagger in exchange.

EDIT:

"ZELENA WAS HURTING ROBIN AND REGINA RISKED THE TOWN TO SAVE HIM" x but Zelena fails

How nice of Regina to undo what Emma was trying to do.  Zelena should've just crushed that heart.

ETA - how is Zelena out of her cell? And how is she able to take a heart if she has the anti-magic cuff on?

Also, is this how they discover that the "laws" of the dagger are now different?

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)

Of course Regina has the dagger, probably Snow herself gave it to her. I don't understand why a big part of the fandom think the Charmings are going to give it to Hook/let him keep it. Headcanons are nice, but it's pretty obvious (as we have seen in the actual show) that they trust Regina way more than they trust Hook.

Oh, but the SQ shippers are going to "love" it if Regina trades the dagger (Emma) for Robin. Only to see their reaction I hope it happens.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Regina has a wand, not the dagger. She gives the wand to Zelena in exchange for Robin, Zelena does something, it backfires on her, Regina grabs the wand again, Charming goes to grab Zelena to contain her.

(edited)

So now people are talking about the dagger again? Keep in mind the "dagger" could still be the wand, but:

Zelena uses the dagger to take the cuff off!!!

Also Josh 100% said the word “twister” which in my mind explains how Granny’s ended up in the enchanted forest!

EDIT: other reports that it's the dagger and has been all along.

Edited by Serena