Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Why would Emma hallucinate Merida, though? She also filmed with Rumple and Merida (I think people confirmed that was the mystery female) last week, in the exact same location. Does anyone remember if we got any info on what they were wearing? Are they all already in Camelot, maybe? Did they leave Belle and Zelena behind, like when they went to Neverland? Isn't Rumple supposed to still be in a coma, I remember Emilie saying that several times? And even if he's not in a coma anymore, why would he be wearing DO clothes?

I've confused myself even more. I missed the crazy filming info we get with this show!

I have no idea why Emma would be hallucinating Merida. Maybe Merida is some sort of weird spirit guide. I don't know.

Emma was wearing prisoner garb, Rumple had EF outfit, everybody else seemed to be in their regular Storybrooke clothes.

Maybe the Dark Ones have a collective memory and Dark Emma can access a memory of Dark Rumple making a deal with Merida.  So Rumple turned Merida's mom into a bear, and in revenge, Merida stole Rumple's very special vacuum cleaner which can temporarily suck out some darkness for storage for those days when you want to lighten up.  And so Dark Emma and her family must find Merida and the very special vacuum cleaner before it's too late.  Luckily, Henry can now enter other realms of storytelling, so he can take everyone to find Merida.  

• Love 3

Could it be a vision, or parts of a vision?  I know Rumple took the sight from someone else, but since they're rewriting the Dark One rules, they could easily have decided the Dark One sees possible futures.

Maybe the Dark Ones have a collective memory and Dark Emma can access a memory of Dark Rumple making a deal with Merida. So Rumple turned Merida's mom into a bear, and in revenge, Merida stole Rumple's very special vacuum cleaner which can temporarily suck out some darkness for storage for those days when you want to lighten up. And so Dark Emma and her family must find Merida and the very special vacuum cleaner before it's too late. Luckily, Henry can now enter other realms of storytelling, so he can take everyone to find Merida.

Some people in this fandom could use that vacuum!

The filming picture that's labeled Lana, doesn't look like her to me. That looks like Joana Metrass, Guinevere. I'm hoping everyone gets sucked to wherever Emma is and Woegina the black hole can stay behind in Storybrooke and be the savior with her 2 props, Robin and Zelena.

(edited)

The fairy tale that Jennifer specifically mentioned in this interview is interesting. It makes me think that Emma may end up saving herself somehow, maybe by finding the strength and light within herself to ultimately defeat the darkness. I’d be down with that. I just hope Hook doesn’t represent the tale’s murderer, what with the hand-slicing-off, LOL.

And kudos to that interviewer for asking an interesting question that showed he'd done his research.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 2

The fairy tale that Jennifer specifically mentioned in this interview is interesting. It makes me think that Emma may end up saving herself somehow, maybe by finding the strength and light within herself to ultimately defeat the darkness. I’d be down with that. I just hope Hook doesn’t represent the tale’s murderer, what with the hand-slicing-off, LOL.

And kudos to that interviewer for asking an interesting question that showed he'd done his research.

Jen mentioned the same obscure fairytale during the cast interview on EW radio. She said she used that fairytale and her own personal stuff to figure out Emma's darkness.(I'm sorta paraphrasing Jen).

• Love 1
(edited)

I think this version of Rumple is going to be the physical reptesentation of Emma's darkness, and that's why he is wearing his DO clothes. Meanwhile, real Rumple is in a comma in Storybrooke and that's why Belle wasn't shooting yesterday.

The murderer in that story is so Rumple. Oh, and the SQ shippers are going to love this fairytale. Edited by RadioGirl27

After reading that, I really do like this Queen and Murderer idea if Rumple is the murderer in this case. I think for a long time, Emma has had these walls up because she doesn't trust in herself. If she could become a stronger savior and stronger person after all of this, it could become a cool arc, especially if they carry it through the whole season.

The set pictures coming in are interesting. It looks like Emma is in this shiny diamond type dress while everyone else -- minus Henry -- is either wearing black or white. I don't think that's a coincidence. Also, between the stone towers in the photos and Colin mentioning that Jennifer has been obsessive about Outlander on set, did anyone else get an Outlander vibe from that? Like maybe the strones somehow connect Emma to this world and another one? Totally crack theory, I know.

• Love 1

The stones are part of the Brave mythology actually.  I don't know if it's a Scottish thing since I know next to nothing about the History.

I guess that whole Queen and the Murderer sort of solidifies what I think Rumple might try to do.  If they're delving into the Dark One and the dagger's mythology, I wonder if they would say that a Dark One who is stabbed by the dagger doesn't have to die and can be saved.

I know we haven't met Merlin yet and that he could turn out to be an interesting character, but I'm kind of having the impression (right now) that he might be completely useless.

So Emma appears to have two different outfits. Prisoner outfit here and then the white, gown-like one. I think she may have had two different outfits during yesterday's filming? I've seen pics of Jen with Colin and Josh wearing the white one, but the pic of her wearing the prisoner one also came out yesterday. It's confusing.

I think there might be a time jump during the episode.  One thing I don't get is why anyone would go realm jumping in their Storybrooke clothes.  Unless it's really a dream sequence by Emma which again, why would her peeps arrive in their Storybrooke attires when Hook made such a big deal about Emma changing into something more EF than what she was wearing when they time traveled.

(edited)

But if it's a dream, why would Emma dream about Merida? Maybe she love Scottish folklore or Brave is her favourite Disney movie. Ok, I'm joking here, but my point is that if Emma is dreaming about her family and friends, there is no reason for Merida to be there. Well, except the "new toy!!!" that A&E love so much.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Does anyone have a good link to a website that talks about the Queen and the Murderer? I've never heard of that fairy tale before and Google is being surprisingly useless right now.

Also, I really hope this scene with everyone (minus Belle and Zelena) is a dream sequence, because it would be so anti-climatic for everyone to quickly find Emma within the very first episode. Although, with this show's history, that's probably exactly what will happen. They build up all this suspense and mystery about Emma disappearing, and then bam! she's found within 40 minutes of storytelling.

I don't necessarily want there to be a never-ending search party for Emma, but maybe stretching it out until episode 2 or 3 would make a reunion more impactful.

(edited)

I think there might be a time jump during the episode.  One thing I don't get is why anyone would go realm jumping in their Storybrooke clothes.  Unless it's really a dream sequence by Emma which again, why would her peeps arrive in their Storybrooke attires when Hook made such a big deal about Emma changing into something more EF than what she was wearing when they time traveled.

Hook insisted on having Emma change clothes for a reason, though.  She was an anachronism who had traveled more than 30 years back in time, and every second that she stood out made her more of a threat to the integrity of the time stream if anyone should encounter her -- no one from our world had ever traveled to the Enchanted Forest before (except for Isaac, and even he changed outfits in order to fit in better). Had Emma not changed, she would have run the risk of muddying up the time stream even further than she eventually did.  It's the same reason that she and Hook persuaded Rumple to use a glamour spell to disguise them before they crashed David and Abigail's engagement party.  Hook had lived through era before, but he was unknown to the Enchanted Forest then; Emma hadn't even lived in that era and was most definitely unknown, even to her own future parents.

Because realm-jumping to present-day Storybrooke would not put the time stream at risk, there would be no need for anyone to change clothes upon arriving there.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
(edited)

I had a thought. Could this be some sort of "possible world"? And they're making Emma the evil witch from Brave? (I have a fuzzy memory of her.) So this is showing what Emma could be at her worst.

Edited by Souris

Also, I really hope this scene with everyone (minus Belle and Zelena) is a dream sequence, because it would be so anti-climatic for everyone to quickly find Emma within the very first episode. Although, with this show's history, that's probably exactly what will happen. They build up all this suspense and mystery about Emma disappearing, and then bam! she's found within 40 minutes of storytelling.

Exactly.  By the end of "New York City Serenade", Emma was back in Storybrooke and she had her memory back.  By the end of "Darkness on the Edge of Town", Rumple was back in Storybrooke and had his magic back.  Anti-climatic is what they do.

That link doesn't seem to work, but here is a picture of Camelot, and here is a super weird picture of Granny's in the middle of the woods.

The location is in Central Park

okay, maybe A&E really meant it when they said Camelot is a parallel universe.  The Granny's in the middle of the woods...Emma can still have her grilled cheese, onion rings and hot cocoa.

Also, the pic of Camelot looks a hell of a lot like what they had on Merlin and I actually wondered if Merlin being so young isn't because Merlin on that show was so young.

(edited)

I wonder if the filming they're supposed to do at Granny's on Friday that's supposed to last all day through the following night will be an effect heavy scene of Granny's being "transported" into Camelot?

It feels like for every new spoiler that comes out our main speculation is "Maybe it's a dream sequence" because it's all so damn crazy.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 2

Or maybe Granny's Diner alone gets moved to Camelot. It's the only fast food establishment in all the magical realms. And Emma needs her grilled cheese and onion rings to keep the Darkness at bay.

• Love 4

Well, I guess Arthur and Merlin get to try Granny's lunch special now. Seriously, I thought the spoilers coming in would help clarify what's going on, but things are just so much more confusing.

Or maybe Granny's Diner alone gets moved to Camelot. It's the only fast food establishment in all the magical realms. And Emma needs her grilled cheese and onion rings to keep the Darkness at bay.

Well, if you had the powers of the Dark One and you were somehow trapped in Camelot, wouldn't you bring your favorite restaurant over when you had a craving for onion rings?

That could explain the Storybrooke clothes on people -- they weren't setting out to go to some other realm where they knew they'd look out of place. They got accidentally transported while they were having lunch.

• Love 3

Well, Emma did want to open a franchise. It's just smart business to start with somewhere where it'd be unique!

Or maybe Snowing do this. Didn't A&E say somewhere that they would do something drastic? Maybe they find a spell that can lead them to Emma (after finding out that they can't simply summon her with the dagger because new dagger rules), get warned there will be consequences, they are all IDC get me my daughter back!, they go to Granny's to start the spell, and it transports them AND all the things near them to where Emma is. It would explain why they have SB clothes while Emma doesn't. Maybe she's been there for a while, hanging with Merida?

I can't explain DO Rumple, though.

• Love 4

Or maybe Granny's Diner alone gets moved to Camelot.

Or maybe Snowing do this. Didn't A&E say somewhere that they would do something drastic?

Snow and Charming take drastic measures and go to Zelena in her cell while they're still in Storybrooke. They need Zelena to use her magic to create a tornado that can cross realms (which would actually be a continuity callback to Season 3), but in order to do her magic, they have to take off the magic cuff. Because Snowing are idiots, they believe Zelena when she says she promises she'll be a good girl and not abuse her one shot to help everyone, and a tornado transports everyone in Granny's (and the entire Granny's building) to where Emma is. Zelena then runs away and is off the leash in Camelot while everyone else runs into prisoner-garb-Emma.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can't explain DO Rumple, though.

As I said before, I think he is not really Rumple, but a physical representation of the Darkness, a part of Emma's subconscious that only she can see.

Or maybe everything is just a dream. Or they are shooting a promo.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

As I said before, I think he is not really Rumple, but a physical representation of the Darkness, a part of Emma's subconscious that only she can see.

Yeah, that's likely. They'll need someone to exposition the DO mythology a bit. I think real!Rumple and Belle get left behind in SB.

I know it was just a photo of the actors walking to the set, but I kind of like the idea of a Captain Charming Cobra adventure. Henry's more tolerable away from Regina, and he could use some male role models. Who better than his grandfather and step-grandfather/possible future stepfather? He might learn to be useful and get a reality check.

• Love 4
(edited)

here is a super weird picture of Granny's in the middle of the woods.

I don't think we're in Kansas any more, Dorothy. That's what it looks like.

Well, if you had the powers of the Dark One and you were somehow trapped in Camelot, wouldn't you bring your favorite restaurant over when you had a craving for onion rings?

Maybe the combination of Savior and Dark One magic allows her to do things you couldn't normally do, like hurl buildings in from other realms. Or perhaps Emma already had this extraordinary power (see: watching Ariel and Eric in the mirror) and the Dark One curse just channels it.

Snow and Charming take drastic measures and go to Zelena in her cell while they're still in Storybrooke. They need Zelena to use her magic to create a tornado that can cross realms (which would actually be a continuity callback to Season 3), but in order to do her magic, they have to take off the magic cuff. Because Snowing are idiots, they believe Zelena when she says she promises she'll be a good girl and not abuse her one shot to help everyone, and a tornado transports everyone in Granny's (and the entire Granny's building) to where Emma is. Zelena then runs away and is off the leash in Camelot while everyone else runs into prisoner-garb-Emma.

That would actually be pretty hilarious. I could see this happening. Very Once-ish. The only way to free Zelena is by the heroes doing something stupid like that, so you just know it's inevitable.

I'm a little excited that this season isn't just "bad person with eccentric fashion sense comes to Storybrooke, time to react". It does seem like they're breaking the mold a bit, which I've waited a long time for. 

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

Granny is going to be so pissed off.

It could be something as simple as they try to summon Emma with the Dagger, and they end up summoning themselves to Camelot where Emma is.  They did say something about new rules.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1

From the set reports, it sounds like nearly everyone (except Bex) were shooting scenes in the woods today. So are the characters really that stupid to leave Zelena alone in Storybrooke? (Hypothetical question—yes, they are that stupid.)

• Love 1
(edited)

From the Spoiler thread:

Set report from today:

Colin is being a massive dork. Walking from set to holding, he hides behing a tree and peeks around and waves. And disappears behind the tree again.

Why does he remind me of a cartoon character? This is like Roadrunner behavior. I think that picture with Kermit helped. LOL! Edited by OnceUponAJen

So right now Belle is with the group, no Rumple. He really may have been an hallucination. But the fact that people like Belle and Robin (he has a SON) are there must mean it's a spell gone awry, they can't all mean to go.

• Love 1

But the fact that people like Belle and Robin (he has a SON) are there must mean it's a spell gone awry, they can't all mean to go.

You underestimate the stupid parenting on this show, but that's probably it. That does give them a goal to get back home in addition to #FindMerlin and #SaveEmma. With Zelena back there, some tension would be in the midst of the cast. Beside Zelena and Rumple, who's left in Storybrooke that wasn't condemned to Offscreenville?

• Love 1

I'd think some of these characters have had their fill of being pulled from one world to the other.  Season 3, back to the EF, season 4, stuck in an alternate universe in the EF, season 5, back to the EF.

I'm assuming some people are at Granny's when whatever happens happens?  I can't imagine all of SB being transported to the EF for one thing.  And seriously, Gold and Zelena being on their own in Storybrooke cannot bode well for anyone upon everyone's return.  Those two have (sort of but not really) kissed and made up.

Speaking of those two...Rumple blames Zelena for Neal's death.  And she's now pregnant.  Are we gonna have an eye for an eye type of situation?  (I'm not saying baby murder or anything like that btw)

Or perhaps Emma already had this extraordinary power (see: watching Ariel and Eric in the mirror) and the Dark One curse just channels it.

For all we know, she could have done it all along and it never occurred to her to try. She's still getting used to the idea of having magic powers, and using them isn't instinctive yet. It's also not really part of her nature to just rearrange the universe to suit her whims. When she was in the Enchanted Forest during Team Princess, she didn't find out until just before they got home that she had any power at all, so there's no way of knowing if she could have zapped them back at any time just by clicking her heels and thinking of home. Traveling between worlds is supposed to be difficult, so she didn't think to try zapping them home from Neverland. She didn't believe she could get them back when she was sent back through time. She might zap a cup of cocoa across the room to amuse Hook, but she's the kind of person more likely to get up and go get onion rings when she wants them, not zap the restaurant to her. She uses her powers to help other people, not to get things for herself or make things easier for herself.

But with her usual restraints down, she might explore her powers more and be more willing to use them to get things she wants. She's not by nature a selfish person, but if the dark influence allows her to indulge a little selfishness, she might find out what she can do.

That's more the sort of thing I'd be interested in seeing from Dark Emma -- not outright evil, but maybe indulging herself, being more selfish than normal (which is to say, about on the level of normal people, but with the power to actually do something about it). And she might do things out of love that are high-handed or that come across as cruel. One of the reasons Bae wanted to get rid of the Dark One from his father was that he was going overboard in protecting him in ways that hurt others. So maybe Dark Emma might not be cruel to Hook and her family, but she might make decisions for them without consulting them or might hurt others in order to supposedly help them, and seeing her do that would be painful to them.

• Love 2

Well episode 1 sounds like a bit of a hot mess.  So they pick up right where they left off season 4 and then everyone is transported to the EF/Camelot by something and that includes buildings.  I guess the rules don't apply to Henry anymore since he is sent there along with everyone?

Emma is in a prisoner's outfit.  All of this is very confusing.  I'm guessing the long ass day of filming at Stevetson is before they are transported back to the EF?  It almost sounds like a curse too.

Maybe they were transported by something like baby Zelena's Oz tornado?  That could move specific people and/or locations that ordinarily wouldn't make it to the Enchanted Forest.

I can't imagine they can sustain the "Storybrooke in the Enchanted Forest" thing for very long--it has to be prohibitively expensive.  

It wouldn't have to be all of Storybrooke if Granny's Diner is acting as Dorothy's house in the Wizard of Oz. Given the mound of dirt in front of it, it looks more like it came via twister or magical movement. 

• Love 1