Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So a ball in Camelot in honor of the guests?  That's the guy who is going to Percival, right?

That'd be sort of cool actually.

It is? I can't keep those guest stars apart. If it's in Camelot, I love it. I mean, it's still possible it's a flashback to the day Regina met Percival and ruined his life, but less likely than present day. Maybe we can get a Charming/Emma dance in reality! Also, can you imagine the hilariousness if Emma/Hook and Snowing switch partners because Charming wants to dance with Emma, and Hook ends up dancing with Snow? That would be so funny and hilarious. Now I'm sad because it won't happen. 

• Love 2

I'm more excited about the possibility of Emma and Hook in new outfits and dancing again, than I am about Regina dancing. I just hope it's not for another Regina flashback. Either way, bring on the balls and knights and other fun fairy tale happenings!

ETA: Serena, I was just thinking the same thing about the dance partners! Seeing Emma dance with her father would be sweet.

• Love 1

Aww remember when magic actually came with a price? Good times.

I'm starting to get the sense that this is exactly what we'll get to see.  Also because good people on this show are the ones who pay for the price of magic, so there's that.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the ballroom dance scenes on this show? They're all so wooden and devoid of real emotion. The only reason I kind of liked the dance Emma and Hook got to do in Season 3 is because they at least got to tease each other a little bit during the actual dancing bits. The choreography is mediocre enough to make it look like a regal ball, but I haven't been wowed by a dance routine on this show yet.

Edited by Curio

So a ball in Camelot in honor of the guests?  That's the guy who is going to Percival, right?

That'd be sort of cool actually.

I would laugh a lot if that guy winds up having a lion tattoo also.

• Love 4

My theory: I expect a few time issues. First I think Dark Swan will be a flash-forward like most here have already suggested, but I think they may take the form of dreams. Imagine being haunted by the dreams of your evil self destroying be be everything. Keep her up at night, anyway. Start to wear on her.

Second I think they may have been gone awhile from Storybrook between leaving on a Tornado and coming back. Maybe for the crew it was only a day or two, but for Storybook it was six months or whatever. Hence they built a beer garden in Granny's place and it is destroyed when they all come back.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who doesn't really care for the ballroom dance scenes on this show? They're all so wooden and devoid of real emotion. The only reason I kind of liked the dance Emma and Hook got to do in Season 3 is because they at least got to tease each other a little bit during the actual dancing bits. The choreography is mediocre enough to make it look like a regal ball, but I haven't been wowed by a dance routine on this show yet.

What were you expecting, So You Think You Can Dance?

• Love 1

I actually can't remember any other dance scene besides the Hook/Emma one, and the one of Charming dreaming about dancing with Emma. Apparently the others weren't that spectacular if I can't even remember them! Maybe the Camelot people have their own version of ballroom dancing which will make things more interesting.

tumblr_loc7i20Qxw1qcc1r9o1_500.gif

• Love 2

I have mostly liked the dance scenes because as you note here, it isn't really about the dancing.  It's about the conversation that occurs and the opportunity for close proximity.  This is typically the function dance sequences serve in romance novels; they forward the UST and give us some insight into the characters and the developing relationships.  I'm not sure I care deeply to see Regina banter with anyone during a dance sequence, though, if as I said above she dances with Percival and finds he has a lion tattoo I will find that fairly awesome and hope there is a sad trombone sounding somewhere in the background.

• Love 2
I actually can't remember any other dance scene besides the Hook/Emma one, and the one of Charming dreaming about dancing with Emma.

There was the Beauty and the Beast scene that attempted to mimic the movie -- but which was rather gross to me because we knew at that time that he was lying to her.

I liked the royal ball Hook and Emma went to. I didn't pay much attention to the choreography because I was distracted by how happy they both looked. For once he lost the sad eyes.

When/how did we learn that Percival was going to have something to do with Regina? Or is that pure speculation?

(edited)

What were you expecting, So You Think You Can Dance?

Heh. No, but I do expect to remember them.

I actually can't remember any other dance scene besides the Hook/Emma one, and the one of Charming dreaming about dancing with Emma. Apparently the others weren't that spectacular if I can't even remember them!

Apparently I'm not the only one with this problem! I'd much rather see a natural, more modern slow dance between the main couples on this show versus a clunky regal dance.

When/how did we learn that Percival was going to have something to do with Regina? Or is that pure speculation?

It's just speculation.

Edited by Curio

There was the Beauty and the Beast scene that attempted to mimic the movie -- but which was rather gross to me because we knew at that time that he was lying to her.

Thanks. I'm not sure why I erased that from my mind. Maybe because it didn't hold up to the animated movie version. Not that it's really fair to compare the two.

I just went on google to see if there were any other dance scenes I missed, and this amazing video was one of the first results. I want a musical episode of OUAT now more than ever. LOL

It's mainly the conversations.  Hook and Emma, while the dancing wasn't anything to write about, that scene was good because they both got to see another side of each other.  All of a sudden the super old pirate can waltz and she looked like she was born to that (which technically she was).  Snow and Cinderella dancing together was very cute.  I didn't really care for Rumbelle's dance because it was just hard for me to go all "aww" because he was lying to her.

• Love 2

A dance, really? If it is in "present" time and not for a flashback (a Regina's flashback? Groundbreaking), I doubt the Storybrooke characters are going to enjoy it, except maybe Regina and Robin. I wouldn't put pass A&E to have a dance just so OQ can have a dancing scene like CS did in Season 3.

• Love 1

I liked all the dance scenes because they were moments where two characters connected. Snow/Ella friendship, CS, Emma and Charming, etc. I didn't like the Rumbelle dance because their costumes were effin' ugly. The ballgown overwhelmed Emilie. It was clearly designed to be similar to the movie, not to flatter her.

Lana and the actor playing Percival are in a picture together with the choreographer. We assume they're practicing together.

(edited)

A dance, really? If it is in "present" time and not for a flashback (a Regina's flashback? Groundbreaking), I doubt the Storybrooke characters are going to enjoy it, except maybe Regina and Robin. I wouldn't put pass A&E to have a dance just so OQ can have a dancing scene like CS did in Season 3.

OQ fans have been begging Adam on Twitter for an OQ dance scene b/c every other couple has had one.

If they're filming dialogue scenes in Steveston this week (and a fairly long day), that implies to me that it's more with the Dark Swan/future SB/whatever, since I doubt the crew is back from Camelot already. That makes me think even more we'll be seeing three different time periods this season: past Camelot in flashbacks, "present-day" continuation with our crew from the dagger scene, plus future/possible Dark Swan.

I like the idea of the scene of Emma destroying the beer garden to be a flashforward/vision/premonition. That way A&E can "play" with their new toy without actually destroying Emma.

That would certainly be my preference! But since A&E don't remotely care about what they do destroying characters, I doubt they'd worry about it enough to write it that way. Unless they simply think a time shift would be "cool," and Emma not being destroyed is simply a happy by-product.

Edited by Souris

I just had the BEST idea. IF they decided to do as my crazy theory and make the time they spent in Camelot be like 10 years in Storybrook Time and they decide to leave baby snarming with Granny or someone they can age him up and Snow and Charming can come back to a 10 year old with abandonment issues. The worst part is if they did that I wouldn't be even a little bit surprised. 

• Love 1

Alas, Watt, baby Snowflake is in Camelot with the rest. There are BTS pics of Snow carrying him.

The fact they brought Snowflake and Roland with them tells me the writers intend on Team Storybrooke to stay a while. They're not going to go trekking through the woods hours on in. From the filming it appears they'll be staying in King Arthur's castle, maybe.

• Love 1

Looking at the title for episode 2.  "The Price" must be what the price is for either summoning Emma or using the dagger.  Didn't Ginny and Josh say the dagger rules have been changed?  I suspect it will also mirror whatever is going on inside of Emma with her taking on the darkness--the price for taking on the darkness.

I wonder if Hook actually does summon Emma in episode 1 or if it can only be Snow and Charming since they essentially help send her on this path?  Perhaps Emma does appear but hides out until she destroys the beer garden.  I wonder if the beer garden is destroyed before or after their trip to Camelot in Granny's.  It does seem like they may be playing with several timelines.  Oh Joy!

• Love 1
(edited)

I hope they actually build a set for that instead of CGI 24/7.

You...you do realize what show you're talking about, right? It's the one where the lead character still lives with her parents because they can't bother to build another apartment set.

On a slightly different note, I hope that Emma actually gets some quality time bonding with baby Snowflake in Camelot. We've seen Emma's motherly side come out with Henry as a grown child, but I'd really like to see her interact more with the baby. I just hope there isn't a repeat of Snow being afraid to let Emma hold (ugh, I hate typing it out) Neal... because she's afraid of her magic again.

Edited by Curio
On a slightly different note, I hope that Emma actually gets some quality time bonding with baby Snowflake in Camelot.

Let me throw the question back to you, Curio.  You know what show we're talking about, right?  Emma will pick up Snowflake, drop him on his head because she's clumsy, Snow will freak out on her, Emma will go full on Dark Swan.

• Love 1
(edited)

Emma will pick up Snowflake, drop him on his head because she's clumsy, Snow will freak out on her, Emma will go full on Dark Swan.

We could make a meme like the one with Ironman vs Captain America: Civil War. You know, like the gifs on tumblr where they make up a silly/funny reason why Ironman and the Captain have a falling out. Here are a few:

Once the Nevengers reach Camelot and find Emma, Regina starts berating Emma for being stupid. Emma gets mad and goes full on Dark Swan.

Emma tries to seduce Hook. He can't bring himself to sleep with the Dark One. Dark Swan. 

Henry will tell Regina again that this is his fault, and that he should never have brought Emma to Storybrooke. Dark Swan...

I'm terrible at making gifs. Otherwise I would try my hand at this. Maybe someone talented can attempt this?

Edited by Rumsy4

Let me throw the question back to you, Curio.  You know what show we're talking about, right?  Emma will pick up Snowflake, drop him on his head because she's clumsy, Snow will freak out on her, Emma will go full on Dark Swan.

Touché. (Also, sad because there's a 87% chance this could actually happen.)

We could make a meme like the one with Ironman vs Captain America: Civil War. You know, like the gifs on tumblr where they make up a silly/funny reason why Ironman and the Captain have a falling out

Emma sacrifices herself to save her family and the town... Dark Swan.

• Love 3

Granny's is out of onion rings... Dark Swan.

Grumpy interrupts a make out sesh with Hook... Dark Swan.

Neal pees on her leather jacket... Dark Swan.

I think a flash forward makes sense, either that or Emma can see into the future. If Rumple had the ability as a seer (I question that since I don't remember him using that power recently), then maybe Emma now has that power.

• Love 2

I think a flash forward makes sense, either that or Emma can see into the future. If Rumple had the ability as a seer (I question that since I don't remember him using that power recently), then maybe Emma now has that power.

That's a good point. They haven't really made much use of that supposed power, but it could always be presented as rather murky as to whether it's actual precognitive visions or Emma's fears preying on her mind.

Looked at some of the last photos from filming and I have to say our little show really has the most beautiful cast on tv. I like looking at everyone.

Also, they seem to have a lot of fun together.

(edited)

I was thinking some more about the Rumple sightings in Camelot. Maybe this is a manifestation of Emma's struggle with the Light and Dark residing within her. She keeps mentally disconnecting the Dark Part and sees it a Rumple because she has trouble reconciling the fact that she is the Dark One now. And maybe, as Emma gives in more and more to Darkness, she will stop mentally dissociating the Dark Entity from herself, and accept it as part of herself.

Emma sacrifices herself to save her family and the town... Dark Swan.

It's both sad and funny how literal that is...

Neal pees on her leather jacket... Dark Swan.

I was seriously alarmed for a second there. Dammit A&E! 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Hmmm...I don't know if this would better belong in the writer's thread, and it doesn't spoil anything either...If I need to move it just let me know!!

https://twitter.com/inktankgirl/status/623313997383770112

It's from the new writer Brigitte Hales. Apparently they ran into a story problem that they couldn't crack for 4 days.

Does anyone know what episode they're probably working on right now? I wonder if they ran into a continuity issue, or something else?

Again, please let me know if this belongs in the writer's thread or a different thread!!! I'll move it if need be!!

Edited by HoodlumSheep

The room finally cracked a story problem we've been chewing on for four straight days. This job hurts my brain.

The first three scripts have been written already, so it must be a story issue for episode 4, 5, or 6. (I'm guessing they'll still be in Camelot at this point.) But I can't imagine what issue would cause the writing team to bang their heads against the wall for four days straight since they clearly don't care about retconning events or making shit up on the fly. Unless they finally came to the realization that Dark Emma should probably be pissed at Regina for murdering Graham...

Poor newbie writer, I have a feeling her head is going to hurt a lot more in the future.

• Love 6

Speaking of Graham...I wonder if Emma will still have her shoe lace as Dark Swan.  I mean she had it on during the missing year when she didn't remember who she was or who he was.  It's a statement piece, I'm trying to be a hipster on the down low.

• Love 3

I bet their issue could have been prevented by being more careful about continuity for the last five years

What a concept! ;)

Speaking of Graham...I wonder if Emma will still have her shoe lace as Dark Swan. I mean she had it on during the missing year when she didn't remember who she was or who he was.

Good point. Maybe if she loses the shoelace, it'll be a subtle hint that she's losing her empathy. Keeping a token of a dear friend to remember them by means that Emma must occasionally think about Graham and the way he died every now and then, but if she ditches the shoelace, she's taking a small step to forget that person and their friendship.

No, but I'm guessing this story issue is probably just the writers trying to figure out how to make Rumple or Regina related to one of the Camelot people because we need to expand their family trees even more.

• Love 1
No, but I'm guessing this story issue is probably just the writers trying to figure out how to make Rumple or Regina related to one of the Camelot people because we need to expand their family trees even more.

I don't think they're going to give them familial connections to Camelot and if they do, I might just, I don't know, go to Ikea, buy a table, take several days to assemble it, just so I can flip it.  Or maybe I'll flip one of the tables in their showroom.  I haven't decided just yet.

Rumple already has his connections to Camelot seeing as he has taken frequent trips there for one reason or another.  Regina's connection might end up being Guinevere who is apparently not happy in her marriage (Regina/Leopold), had her lover banished from Camelot and is likely staring daggers at Arthur, trying to devise a plan to smother him in his sleep.  Regina can give her tips on that.  Find a genie who will fall hard for you and do your bidding!

Maybe Regina knew Percival back in the day?  It seems like they might be sharing a dance.  In one of those stories they put out last year, Daniel had a brother (I think his name was William), so they can go that route since Regina has to be a tortured soul 24/7.

• Love 1

Now you have me imagining Regina doing a contemporary dance where she is barefoot and rolls on the ground while flipping her hair.

Must have been choreographed by Travis.

• Love 2

Hahahahaha, SYTYCD snark!

So there will be horseback riders in Storybrooke, according to the filming notice. I wonder if there's some sort of SB/Camelot overlap happening?

(edited)

Those are a lot of locations they will be filming at too.  I'm assuming they will be different locations for different characters.  5 different locations...

Sounds sort of promising and it means I will have a very unproductive day checking in here to see what's going on.  I can't even go back to being spoiler free because I have no self-restraint.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2