Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Per the sneak peek:

Yay!  The Savior and Evil Queen working together, all season long!  What exactly is Hook's job coming out of that?  Belle to the library, MM to round everyone up, Hook to.... while Regina and Emma work to save the town.

That's a lot of screaming. Seems too much like the wraith. I'm glad Regina and Emma's combined magic didn't conveniently kill the beast with the power of their True Hate. Belle going to the library... how unexpected. Even the characters know this is getting too routine.

The beast looks huge on top of the clock tower, then it seems to shrink when it flies by.

Edited by KingOfHearts

How about we drop the word "Queen" while we're at it, too. Since, you know...you're not a queen anymore, Regina.

What exactly is Hook's job coming out of that?  Belle to the library, MM to round everyone up, Hook to...

Looks like he's following Belle to the library.

Edit: This is why the good guys needed to develop magical weapons over the break. They look pathetically useless and unprepared in situations like this. Do they actually think they can rely on Emma and Regina saving their asses with their magic the rest of their lives?

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2
Hook to....

...look pretty?

(At least for those who find him pretty.)

Even the extras are serving up the ham and cheese, with all that screaming. You'd think Storybrookers would be pretty Zen about this crap by now.

• Love 2

Technically, they shouldn't be able to just get rid of it since it's supposed to be some kind of a God of darkness.

In the Disney universe, he's actually Satan himself.

You can't bring someone back into the hat? How convenient.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Or they would find a way to move out of town. Once you cross the town line you can't come back? Yes, please.

Although I do like the implication that Hook and Belle were working together to get things out of the hat.

• Love 2

Edit: This is why the good guys needed to develop magical weapons over the break. They look pathetically useless and unprepared in situations like this. Do they actually think they can rely on Emma and Regina saving their asses with their magic the rest of their lives?

And that's why it makes no sense to send Emma and Regina together in a road trip who know for how long leaving everybody else in Storybrooke with Rumple. Well, other than fanservice.

About the new sneak peek, the only thing midly interesting is Emma calling Snow Mary Margaret and not mom. The rest, meh.

Hook to....

...look pretty?

Well, at least he excels at it.

Edited by RadioGirl27

"...could it be....SATANNNNN?" (in my best SNL church lady voice!)

I like it, whatever it is! Loved it in Fantasia as well. Better than the flying monkeys.

Overall...Ho hum, sadly. And I really mean that. The sadly part. I wanted them to, I dunno, do something amazing. Or semi-amazing. Nothing yet that has been officially shown has done anything but promote a very blase' relationship between Emma and Regina and is making them look UN-extraordinary. And for the love of all things edgy and remotely smoldering...let Hook get scruffy again and give him back his coat, damn it. Shoving him into a library corner with the ever mediocre Belle is not going to keep me interested. They have already made the strong women weaker, and that is going to make the supportive men positively submissive.

Please give us some substance....FAST.

• Love 4
And that's why it makes no sense to send Emma and Regina together in a road trip

They're going on the road trip to find Lily because she's the only one who can complete the Power of 3.  It will all set us free once that's done.

• Love 1

That sneak peek was... blah. Does every season or half-season have to start with people running away from monsters? Apparently, no one but Belle can do book research. Hook is probably going to be tasked with babysitting duties again. Snow is not holding on to baby Snowflake at least.

They telegraphed upcoming tension between Emma and Snow with that "Mary Margaret", didn't they? 

• Love 2

And for the love of all things edgy and remotely smoldering...let Hook get scruffy again and give him back his coat, damn it. Shoving him into a library corner with the ever mediocre Belle is not going to keep me interested.

I agree, but it does sound like Hook and Belle were the ones who released the beast from the hat in the first place so that sounds kind of cool and dangerous. But yea, I miss the big leather coat and heavy eyeliner sometimes.

seat42f has some more mystery quotes from the episode.

QUOTE:  “It’s time the villains got their happy endings.”
QUOTE:  “Your life is crap.”
QUOTE:  “You were blinded by love.”
QUOTE:  “You have a mark in the hero column.”
QUOTE:  “I know it sounds crazy.”
QUOTE:  “I will never go back to where I started.”
QUOTE:  “This is not our first monster bash.”
QUOTE: “Love is a weapon as dangerous and persuasive as magic.”
QUOTE:  “I’ve conquered realms in less time.”
QUOTE:  “Aren’t you tired of feeling ordinary?”
QUOTE:  “Rumpelstiltskin got the best of us.”
QUOTE:  “A cripple, a coward with the real ability to die.”
QUOTE:  “Beware of lurking pirates.”
QUOTE:  “I’m leaving with my prize.”

The ones in bold we already know from the sneak peaks.

seat42f has some more mystery quotes from the episode.

The ones in bold we already know from the sneak peaks.

I think it's easy to know who said what and to whom with some of these.

I don't see "when the stars in the sky align with the stars in the hat" anywhere though.  Also, does that mean we won't be getting a script tease from Adam?  Because how disappointing!

Hey, since the spell was designed to release the fairies only, does that mean Chernabog is also a fairy?

Or, perhaps, Chernabog is the Black Fairy. (Come on writers, don't screw this up! It's your one shot at actually introducing a big bad for Season 5 with some gravitas and continuity already built into the show! Ah, who am I kidding? It'll be destroyed by the end of the episode.)

• Love 1
Or, perhaps, Chernabog is the Black Fairy.

I've been thinking much of the same to be honest.  Did I read somewhere that this thing is supposed to reveal something about Emma?  In which case the thing will be coming back before the episode is over.  And we know about the dark fairy dust which came up again and the black fairy wand.  It would be interesting if they did that.

ETA - Snow does mention about how maybe chernabog is some kind of a fairy.  So knowing how this show plays fast and loose...

Edited by YaddaYadda

Did I read somewhere that this thing is supposed to reveal something about Emma?

Yeah one of the sites that saw the first 2 episodes kind of spoiled it already. Chernabog is looking for the darkest heart aka Emma's heart.

Per the sneak peek:

Yay!  The Savior and Evil Queen working together, all season long!  What exactly is Hook's job coming out of that?  Belle to the library, MM to round everyone up, Hook to.... while Regina and Emma work to save the town.

To me, it looked like Hook followed Belle to the library, which kind of makes me happy, even though I'd rather see him kicking some ass next to Emma. But I guess that role has been taken up by Regina.

I kind of love that Hook is still calling Regina "the Evil Queen", and it pisses her off.

Unfortunately, none of the sneak peeks have me that interested in the season premiere. :(

• Love 3

3 out of 4 peeks have Emma working with Regina, listening to Regina, trying to buddy up to Regina.  For some reason, from the peeks, I feel like JMo plays Emma completely differently in these scenes.  Typically, she always seems so in control and in charge, and then with Regina she assumes this sort of proto-Henry role.  Ugh, that bugs me more than anything.  I could handle the 'friendship' if Emma was being Emma and not this pleasebemyfriend incarnation of Emma.

• Love 8

Typically, she always seems so in control and in charge, and then with Regina she assumes this sort of proto-Henry role.  Ugh, that bugs me more than anything.  I could handle the 'friendship' if Emma was being Emma and not this pleasebemyfriend incarnation of Emma.

Yeah--she does seem like a little girl anxious to please the mean teacher. Emma is so unlike herself around Regina most of the time now. 

• Love 1

I totally agree about Emma seeming different around Regina. I found the whole exchange in the mayor's office to be very stilted and awkward (almost like she's trying to hard to make it feel light and banter-y). It's hard to tell if that's a conscious choice by JMo, or if she's just as uncomfortable with the whole thing as us.

Looks to me like the Emma/Snow and Emma/Hook relationships will take a back seat to Emma/Regina this half - esp. with Robin out of the picture. As a fan of the Charmings and CaptainSwan I can say that I'm not looking forward to this season at all. This show is definitely dropping off my must see list to maybe I'll check it out based on what I read about each episode...

Edited by Kktjones
  • Love 3

So there's a giant beast on the loose that hasn't even been hurt by the magical blast sent its way, so Emma and Regina going off on their own is actually reasonable.  They both wield magic.  And I think Emma is a lot more comfortable knowing that her boyfriend whom she almost lost twice (3 times if we count the drowning) is somewhere safe.  Much as I love Hook, he is absolutely useless in a magical fight, he is completely out of his depth.  So him doing book research with Belle and trying to figure out what that flying thing is...best course of action while Emma and Regina try

to figure things out on their end.

Emma around Regina is always walking on eggshells which is absolutely annoying.  She always seems worried that she's going to say something or do something but when it comes to the whole magic thing, Regina has been at it for a lot longer than Emma has, so her looking to Regina?  Normal.  She's still learning though she seems to be doing pretty well on her own.  But she's looking to her elder (literally).  And it doesn't help that Lana has the bitchy delivery down path and I think that acting choice or how she is directed needs to change.  

I really hate it when I have to defend the show!  

Also, releasing the fairies but not the old man?  Or do they need Rumple to be there to do that since he's the one who put them in there?  Because there's an old man still trapped in the hat and unless Blue comes out and says how it was magnificent in there and she wished she never came out, then they need to release the old man.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 5

I'm guessing Hook delivers the retch-inducing “You were blinded by love"line to Belle?

Retch-inducing in that it's the honest truth? Belle was VERY blinded by love for a long time.

I get that you're one of those Rumbeller that holds Hook to an inprobably high double-standard, but come now, there isn't really a better phrase to describe Belle's behavior in the past other than "blinded by love". 4x06 confirmed she saw signs of duplicity in Rumple and suspected deep down that he was lying about the dagger to her, but she ignored all that because she wanted to believe Rumple was some great husband she didn't deserve.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 3

Color me surprised that Regina didn't have the white magic fighting off Chernabog.

But her True Love, Robin, is not by her side anymore. Her White Magic only manifests when he is around (when Robin held her heart in the Barn, and when she was saving a bunch of people (that included Robin) from Elsa's Snow Monster). Apparently parental True Love is not enough for Regina's Light Magic.

I totally agree about Emma seeming different around Regina. I found the whole exchange in the mayor's office to be very stilted and awkward (almost like she's trying to hard to make it feel light and banter-y). 

Yeah--Emma is trying too hard to please Regina. In 3B, It's almost cringe-inducing. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1
Looks to me like the Emma/Snow and Emma/Hook relationships will take a back seat to Emma/Regina this half - esp. with Robin out of the picture.

Great. Now I'm cheering for Robin to return. I'll put up with that mook if it means Emma can have some scenes with people that she can be herself around.

QUOTE:  “Beware of lurking pirates.”  I could hear Grannie saying that.

As I am a kind of occasional viewer (even if I'm following you guys in this forum!) I know that I'll have them wrong, but it was fun to try!

QUOTE:  “It’s time the villains got their happy endings.” -- Rumple
QUOTE:  “Your life is crap.” -- Rumple to Cruella
QUOTE:  “You were blinded by love.” -- Snow to Belle
QUOTE:  “You have a mark in the hero column.” -- Emma to Hook
QUOTE:  “I know it sounds crazy.” -- Emma
QUOTE:  “I will never go back to where I started.” -- Regina
QUOTE:  “This is not our first monster bash.” -- Hook
QUOTE: “Love is a weapon as dangerous and persuasive as magic.” -- Snow to Belle
QUOTE:  “I’ve conquered realms in less time.” -- Regina
QUOTE:  “Aren’t you tired of feeling ordinary?” -- Rumple
QUOTE:  “Rumpelstiltskin got the best of us.” -- Snow / David / QoD
QUOTE:  “A cripple, a coward with the real ability to die.” -- Hook
QUOTE:  “Beware of lurking pirates.” -- David to Emma
QUOTE:  “I’m leaving with my prize.” -- Hook (although if he's talking about Emma, I foresee the antiHook starting shouting...) (methinks he says it ironically and winking to David!)

Edited to change layout, I like YaddaYadda's one!

Edited by Alex
  • Love 1

I'll play too...

QUOTE:  “It’s time the villains got their happy endings.” -- Rumple
QUOTE:  “Your life is crap.” -- Emma, hopefully sarcastically
QUOTE:  “You were blinded by love.”  -- Let's give our shady fairy a line, so Blue
QUOTE:  “You have a mark in the hero column.”  -- Emma to Regina but I'm gonna go with Hook to Belle instead
QUOTE:  “I know it sounds crazy.” -- Regina
QUOTE:  “I will never go back to where I started.” -- Rumple
QUOTE:  “This is not our first monster bash.” -- Hook
QUOTE: “Love is a weapon as dangerous and persuasive as magic.” -- Belle (because she does wax on about love a lot)
QUOTE:  “I’ve conquered realms in less time.” --Regina
QUOTE:  “Aren’t you tired of feeling ordinary?” -- No clue but I'll go with Belle
QUOTE:  “Rumpelstiltskin got the best of us.” -- Hook (he's the only one who consistently calls him Rumple or the obvious Crocodile)
QUOTE:  “A cripple, a coward with the real ability to die.” -- Ursula (at the town line)
QUOTE:  “Beware of lurking pirates.” -- Hook about himself
QUOTE:  “I’m leaving with my prize.” -- Rumple

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I'll play. What do we win? Virtual Rum?

QUOTE:  “It’s time the villains got their happy endings.” -- Rumple
QUOTE:  “Your life is crap.” -- Regina (she loves running down people while claiming she is the one that is hard done by) probably to Emma
QUOTE:  “You were blinded by love.”  -- Snow to Belle
QUOTE:  “You have a mark in the hero column.”  -- Grammar seems a little formal/old-fashioned, so Hook to Belle
QUOTE:  “I know it sounds crazy.” -- Charming
QUOTE:  “I will never go back to where I started.” -- Rumple
QUOTE:  “This is not our first monster bash.” -- Hook
QUOTE: “Love is a weapon as dangerous and persuasive as magic.” -- Belle (IIRC this is in a conversation between Belle and Hook)
QUOTE:  “I’ve conquered realms in less time.” --Regina
QUOTE:  “Aren’t you tired of feeling ordinary?” -- Rumple to Cruella
QUOTE:  “Rumpelstiltskin got the best of us.” -- Ursula to the other QoD (probably in the EF - Rumps going to screw them over as usual)
QUOTE:  “A cripple, a coward with the real ability to die.” --  Cruella about Rump (seems like how they zing each other)
QUOTE:  “Beware of lurking pirates.” -- Grannie
QUOTE:  “I’m leaving with my prize.” -- Emma to Regina?

• Love 1

My favorite part of the sneak peek was the dude running behind Emma and Regina after their magic blasts. He was booking hard lol. Other takeaways: the cgi is still severely lacking, the screaming was way too loud, I've missed looking at Hook ' s face, and JMo must have been freezing when they filmed that because her coat is big.

• Love 2

blinded by love". 4x06 confirmed she saw signs of duplicity in Rumple and suspected deep down that he was lying about the dagger to her, but she ignored all that because she wanted to believe Rumple was some great husband she didn't deserve.

But was she "blinded by love" or blinded by delusions of self-importance? Belle's finale speech indicated that she wanted to save Rump and she thought that she had. It's all part of her "I want to be a hero" complex. I don't think she believed Rump changed so much as she wanted to believe that she had changed Rump. Belle's the type that would never go for a Charming cause he's normal and doesn't need saving. You know the ones that seeks out the bad boys just so they can feel special about "saving" them?

Let's hope this thing with Will does better things for her character and not drag Will down the deep pit of Rumbelle instead.

• Love 4

So... if Emma does turn to the Dark Side for a bit, as all the spoilers seem to indicate, what color would her magic be? Purple (rumple), green (Zelena), and red (Regina) are taken. Would Emma's Dark Magic manifest as black? Indigo? Blue and Black (;-))? 

Quoting isn't working on my phone. From the article:

"If there's anyone on the show who's kind of gotten the short end of the stick, it's Regina. She did horrible, horrible things but she has continually done the right thing."

What a load of utter crap. Was she doing the right thing when she threatened to put Sidney back into the asylum? Was it the right thing to sleep with a married man? Was it the right thing to verbally abuse someone who keeps saving your butt and wants to be your friend? Of course it all is in these writers' twisted minds. I'm facepalming HARD.

There is definitely something delusional about this article.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 7

I feel like I`m taking crazy pill!

Regina has gotten the short end of the stick? Really? Its her that's had it worst? The worst things that`s happened to her lately was her boyfriend of like a weeks wife (who she killed) was brought back, and they had to break up. Oh Noes! Poor poor Regina! Truly no one has it worse than her... except Gus the mouse who was murdered, Tiny, who`s whole family and species was slaughtered, Graham, who poor Regina raped for years, then murdered, Red, who`s parents are dead, and ate her boyfriend, then disappeared off the face of the show...

I am so sick of singing this same tune every year! This is ridiculous! Media, stop feeding into Adams and Eddies delusions! 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7

The joke's on us right? I mean these guys have to be conducting some bizarre social experiment of "what's the most illogical thing we can say without being laughed out of the room" re: morality. Right???

Will Emma help Regina get happy ending in the romantic sense?
Kitsis: Absolutely. I'd be so mad if we didn't.

Yep I'd be mad too if that bitch Emma didn't help Regina-- the woman who ripped her from her family for 28 years (forcing her into so many foster homes that 6 months was her longest stay anywhere) and who tried to kill her and her parents so many times I've lost count-- her happy ending. I'm confused again, should Emma be helping because they're besties or because she ruined Regina's life? It's hard to keep track without the "friend or life-ruiner" decoder algorithm Regina supplies us with before every episode.

Kitsis: If there's anyone on the show who's kind of gotten the short end of the stick, it's Regina. She did horrible, horrible things but she has continually done the right thing. She's definitely somebody who's trying to redeem themselves. A big question that we're asking on the second half of the season is: If you do something bad, can you come back from it? Does it make you a villain or can you still be a hero? I think that is a realistic thing. Very few people are good all the time.

You've got to be effing kidding me! I can't even touch the "short end of the stick" comment because we've discussed it no less than 100 pages on this forum and know its a huge load of bs. Moving on...when has she "continually done the right thing"? Do they watch their own show? Even in this season of "All Saint Woegina, All the Time", she considered murdering Marian again, kept Sidney hostage, had an affair, treated her bff like shit. Where's the "continually done the right thing" that didn't in some way benefit Regina too? And I agree "very few people are good all the time"...but very few people slaughter villages and hold 30 year vendettas over a 10 year old's secret keeping skills.

Horowitz: The plan with the Huntsman character was always to kill him in Episode 7 of that first season. A lot of that was really establishing the stakes of the show and setting the tone for what could or couldn't happen.

Ooh I'm intrigued...tell me more about these "stakes" that you established! Was it how Regina and the Evil Queen ("can we drop the 'E' word") are two totally different people and Regina is good in Storybrooke and it's only in the book where the mean "Author" wrote her as a villain? Or was it how the resolution to his death was a 2 minute scene where Henry speculates (correctly!!!) that Regina killed him--which Emma doesn't believe-- but he seems to have lost that memory during his lobotomy? (Sometimes I wonder if we all missed the episode where Regina really did succeed in wiping his memory in season 2, thus giving us this incarnation that forgot everything he ever knew from season 1.)  To this day Emma still doesn't know and probably never will because that would get in the way of having sleepovers, hair braiding, road tripping, and gossiping about boys with her new bestie? With Operation Friendship plowing full steam, there's a better chance that 100 inches of snow in New England will melt in a freak 90 degree heat wave this weekend than ever seeing anyone on this show finding about that death that established the "stakes" in season 1. I guess it did set the tone of "no matter how important a storyline may seem, we will find a way to either completely ignore that it happened (see the infamous voicemail) or resolve it unsatisfactory (see this death, the heart storyline, the surprise! 11th hour plot device that saves the day)."

Kitsis: And Regina seems to have an inability to be happy.

::Claps:: We finally agree on something! But we are doing a whole arc on Regina's happy ending because...

• Love 7

The joke's on us right? I mean these guys have to be conducting some bizarre social experiment of "what's the most illogical thing we can say without being laughed out of the room" re: morality. Right???

Yep I'd be mad too if that bitch Emma didn't help Regina-- the woman who ripped her from her family for 28 years (forcing her into so many foster homes that 6 months was her longest stay anywhere) and who tried to kill her and her parents so many times I've lost count-- her happy ending. I'm confused again, should Emma be helping because they're besties or because she ruined Regina's life? It's hard to keep track without the "friend or life-ruiner" decoder algorithm Regina supplies us with before every episode.

You've got to be effing kidding me! I can't even touch the "short end of the stick" comment because we've discussed it no less than 100 pages on this forum and know its a huge load of bs. Moving on...when has she "continually done the right thing"? Do they watch their own show? Even in this season of "All Saint Woegina, All the Time", she considered murdering Marian again, kept Sidney hostage, had an affair, treated her bff like shit. Where's the "continually done the right thing" that didn't in some way benefit Regina too? And I agree "very few people are good all the time"...but very few people slaughter villages and hold 30 year vendettas over a 10 year old's secret keeping skills.

Ooh I'm intrigued...tell me more about these "stakes" that you established! Was it how Regina and the Evil Queen ("can we drop the 'E' word") are two totally different people and Regina is good in Storybrooke and it's only in the book where the mean "Author" wrote her as a villain? Or was it how the resolution to his death was a 2 minute scene where Henry speculates (correctly!!!) that Regina killed him--which Emma doesn't believe-- but he seems to have lost that memory during his lobotomy? (Sometimes I wonder if we all missed the episode where Regina really did succeed in wiping his memory in season 2, thus giving us this incarnation that forgot everything he ever knew from season 1.)  To this day Emma still doesn't know and probably never will because that would get in the way of having sleepovers, hair braiding, road tripping, and gossiping about boys with her new bestie? With Operation Friendship plowing full steam, there's a better chance that 100 inches of snow in New England will melt in a freak 90 degree heat wave this weekend than ever seeing anyone on this show finding about that death that established the "stakes" in season 1. I guess it did set the tone of "no matter how important a storyline may seem, we will find a way to either completely ignore that it happened (see the infamous voicemail) or resolve it unsatisfactory (see this death, the heart storyline, the surprise! 11th hour plot device that saves the day)."

::Claps:: We finally agree on something! But we are doing a whole arc on Regina's happy ending because...

I don't think she is only evil in the EF because she put a hit on David's cursed wife Katherine, in order to frame Mary Margaret for murder (before the curse broke) - in Storybrooke.

Right after the curse was broken, she tried to strangle David with magical wallpaper vines until Henry broke in - in Storybrooke.

She wiped Henry's brain as she schemed to destroy EVERYONE in Storybrook and take him with her to the EF - in Storybrooke.

She kept Belle captive for 28 years - in Storybrooke (pre-curse).

Post curse - she kept Sidney Glass in the asylum until she needed him again and then she trapped in the mirror - in Storybrooke.

I think Regina is mentally ill and incapable of really loving anyone.  What she was so angry with her mother for doing to her, she was essentially doing to Henry - using magic to keep him by trying to destroy his memories and make him think he loved her.  I don't understand where the writers are going with this character.

She did horrible, horrible things but she has continually done the right thing.

This makes no sense whatsoever. These are two contradictory statements. They need to add something like "in the past year" between the "did horrible, horrible things" and "has continually done the right thing."

And does a year and maybe a month or two of mostly trying to do the right thing (while still keeping a man imprisoned for her own crime, plus generally being nasty and bitchy to people and blaming them for her problems) really make up for about 45 years of evil?

I'm hoping this was all misstated/misinterpreted and I actually like the episode because with statements like this of the philosophy behind the series, I'm not sure I can keep watching in good conscience.