Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

The suspense of dullard spoilers and say-nothing interviews will soon be over and we can get our (un) stable fix of fun, frustration and fantasy!

Other than the amusing comment about Dornan being a huge star (as fond as I am of Jamie~one leading role in a half-assed movie adaptation of a wretchedly researched, crap faux-erotica reworked fan-fic book that dragged Harlequin Romance divas one step forward into a newer, ever so slightly more sophisticated but still clueless level of bodice ripper nirvana does not make one a huge star!), we got squat new info about anything!

But...Sunday looms close by and all the complaining and frustration will draw us once more into the fantasy fray of liars and villains and crazies, oh my! We cannot resist, and THAT is what A&E count on :)

• Love 1

Bad To Good?: In their exploration of heroes and villains, Kitsis explained: “For us, what we really want to explore is if you’ve done a bad thing can you come back from it, can you become the person you want to be even if you didn’t start out that way, and vice versa? What makes a hero and what makes a villain is a point of view? That, to us, was really interesting as opposed to just black and white, like I’m good you’re bad and I’m a villain and I’m coming here to do villain stuff.”

It would be interesting if they actually explored these themes rather than just making Regina give sadface and then saying she's redeemed. You know, like if she felt an ounce of remorse over Graham's death that would be great. But oh, Emma doesn't know about that so it doesn't count.

Got to love how Regina is in a category of her own.  Those two should NEVER be allowed to do press because I get the impression that they have no clue what they're talking about and what the show is about even though it's their brain child.  Regina is evil, but not really, Rumple has used his powers for good, Emma is the Savior and she's going to learn the world is not black and white....yeah, Emma who grew up being thrown from one place to the other, the girl who got knocked up at the age of 17 and did jail time, the girl who is a grey character.  It's not like she went homicidal on anyone after she found out how everyone tried to manipulate her life and existence and she's trying to make friends with the resident psycho, so it's not like she sees the world as good or bad.

These effin' writers!

Emma doesn't know about [Graham] that so it doesn't count.

You know, they need to stop dropping Jamie Dornan's name left and right and a possible Graham return.  I don't even know why they keep doing that.  Let's say someone knocks him on the head and he decides to give A&E a call and be like I would love to do a cameo, is that going to resolve anything regarding the way he died?  If Graham was to come to Emma in a dream and be like before you decide to become friends with Regina, you should know what she did to me and then he goes away, I'd be all for it.  But it's not going to happen.  Instead, it will be something like, dear Regina, you weren't really raping me, the sex was fab and you killing me was just really a crime of passion where you did not want to lose me to someone else.  I forgive you, go on with your awesome self now.  

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

wait- spoilers indicate they are going to hunt down august since he came to town with the typewriter.  Isn't he about ten years old now, give or take a year or two?

and, oh goodie, a curveball for regina.  because she needs more things to whine about...

He changed before the Pan curse and Snow curse so I'm assuming there is some hand wave that makes him old again. I don't think he's met Hook yet so that could be interesting. But if he's in town, why haven't we seen him since everyone returned?

As for Jamie, I have a feeling the mentions are just click bait. He's in a huge movie now! Women want to google him! Oh look, Once is returning.

I'm still not sure what to do with these Regina spoilers. I rewatched Breaking Glass today and the Regina/Emma stuff just seems a bit off. I don't mind them trying to be friends, but it seems rushed. I'm hoping these articles about Regina are saying these things because of her character development that we aren't aware of yet.

I'll play too...

QUOTE:  “It’s time the villains got their happy endings.” -- Rumple

QUOTE:  “Your life is crap.” -- Emma, hopefully sarcastically

QUOTE:  “You were blinded by love.”  -- Let's give our shady fairy a line, so Blue

QUOTE:  “You have a mark in the hero column.”  -- Emma to Regina but I'm gonna go with Hook to Belle instead

QUOTE:  “I know it sounds crazy.” -- Regina

QUOTE:  “I will never go back to where I started.” -- Rumple

QUOTE:  “This is not our first monster bash.” -- Hook

QUOTE: “Love is a weapon as dangerous and persuasive as magic.” -- Belle (because she does wax on about love a lot)

QUOTE:  “I’ve conquered realms in less time.” --Regina

QUOTE:  “Aren’t you tired of feeling ordinary?” -- No clue but I'll go with Belle

QUOTE:  “Rumpelstiltskin got the best of us.” -- Hook (he's the only one who consistently calls him Rumple or the obvious Crocodile)

QUOTE:  “A cripple, a coward with the real ability to die.” -- Ursula (at the town line)

QUOTE:  “Beware of lurking pirates.” -- Hook about himself

QUOTE:  “I’m leaving with my prize.” -- Rumple

Not because I wanna quote myself, but I'm going to change one of my guesses.

QUOTE:  “Beware of lurking pirates.” -- I'm changing this one from Hook to Will Scarlet instead.

ETA - Only "interesting" thing from Lana's interview on GMA (those seem to be such a waste of time)

Right now, she thinks it’s with a man, or with her son, or like, having that life, but I think it goes a little deeper than that.

Sort of interesting.

Edited by YaddaYadda

So... if Emma does turn to the Dark Side for a bit, as all the spoilers seem to indicate, what color would her magic be? Purple (rumple), green (Zelena), and red (Regina) are taken. Would Emma's Dark Magic manifest as black? Indigo? Blue and Black (;-))? 

White and gold (oh, wait -- that's something else!).

• Love 7

TV Line has an interview with Lana Parilla. If you dislike Regina, probably don't read it.

Nothing particularly spoilery that we don't know. She says Regina goes to speak to Gepetto and Pinocchio about the author. Confirms 4.18 is the Cruella centric. 

ETA: From EW:

I need something on Robin and Regina before Once Upon a Time’s return. — Max
When the show returns, Regina and Robin haven’t spoken since he left town. Suffice it to say, the Queens of Darkness coming to Storybrooke will test Regina’s resolve. “Regina has really shown a lot of decline this year by not killing Marian and doing the right thing,” executive producer Edward Kitsis says. “There’s a lot of her that feels like, ‘Why am I continually doing good things when I’m not getting good results?’ As far as Regina and Robin Hood goes, that and what happens is one of our favorite parts of the second half.”

Edited by retrograde

“There’s a lot of her that feels like, ‘Why am I continually doing good things when I’m not getting good results?"

And that right there sums up how authentic a redemption it is.

Good people don't act good just because it gets them (us) good results.

• Love 9
Good people don't act good just because it gets them (us) good results.

And they don't act like one thing not going the way they want it (and not even all that bad -- it's not like Regina's the one who was cursed and has to be exiled from everything familiar) counts as not getting good results. Good people are happy because they're happy in their circumstances and focus more on helping others than on themselves.

I also kind of have a problem with any person who murdered her own father in order to get the power to destroy an entire society over a mistake made by a child ever feeling like she "deserves" a happy ending merely because she stopped killing people a year ago. If she was truly redeemed, she'd feel the need to do some kind of penance and would be pleasantly surprised at any happiness that came her way.

• Love 3

If she was truly redeemed, she'd feel the need to do some kind of penance and would be pleasantly surprised at any happiness that came her way.

If she were truly regretful from everything she did, she would never feel she could do enough penance to deserve a moment of happiness.  (Where are those damn Buffy gypsies when we need them?  Would have loved Regina to revert to full on soulless evil when she boned Robin in her father's tomb.)

• Love 2

I think that interview with TVLine was the last straw for me (and I haven't even read all of it). It pretty much confirms that Regina is the one who would save Emma from going dark. At this point I just hope they kill off Hook and free Colin, so he can find a better job and I can stop watching.

From that TVLine interview:

TVLINE | Are there any new kernels of information about Regina that we will learn through flashbacks?
In Episode 14 there’s a really great flashback with Regina and Mal, about how they met and first became friends. And we have something else coming up, down the road. In Episode 20, we have a surprise that you’ll see in a flashback.

I fear that surprise so much.

That surprise really sounds like Lily is Regina's daughter...

Regina's problem is she doesn't care about others - only herself. To this day that's still very much the case. 95% of her life issues she brought on herself. There was no mysterious hurdle popping into existence. It's called consequences, not fate, Regina.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I think if there was any question that 4b would be centered on Regina that was answered today when they only sent Lana out to do interviews.  Everything will revolve around Regina and her relationships with the characters. 

I fully expect Regina/Emma to mirror Regina/Mal and Emma/Lily.  This will apparently be the half season of Robin and Regina finding their way back to each other and Emma and Regina becoming BFF's because they want to, not because of Henry.  Regina will realize that she's in control of her own destiny and CAN be happy with Robin.  Captain Swan on the other hand...it's too early in the series to focus on their happy ending so it'll backburnered until next fall.

Having your boyfriend of two weeks go back to his wife because his wife needs him is hardly an epic unhappy ending that's worth everyone else dropping everything to help resolve. That's just life. Even outside the fairy tale world, it would be hard to find a woman who hasn't had something on a similar level happen to her -- a relationship she thought was going to be The One that ended for some reason. It is consistent for Regina to flip out and build her entire life around the one thing that went wrong. But what I don't get is the other characters buying into it instead of saying she needs to get a grip and the writers talking about her always coming out on the short end of the stick and not being able to get the happiness she deserves because she stopped doing horrible things. Seriously, every other thing in her life is perfectly swell. She just doesn't currently have a man.

The more they talk about this, the less sense it makes.

• Love 4

Finally an article with spoilers that make me a bit excited about 4B!

'Once Upon A Time' Spring Premiere: We Answer 22 of Your Most Burning Questions!

Some good news on the CS front:

4. @niyati_92: Do Emma and Killian have a convo about everything that occurred in 4A? Or do they have any heart-to-heart convo?
They actually have both! Their biggest and most swoon-worthy conversation happens in the sheriffs' office in episode 14. Kitsis teased that Emma is "beginning to open her heart up," and it most certainly shows. And, as we've said before, Emma and Hook have coffee in Sunday's premiere. Note: By coffee, we mean the dark-colored liquid that many drink to stay awake. As for the nookie-nickname that the Captain Swan fandom has created? All we can say is stay tuned…

13. @good_plain_jane: Do we get to see any of Hook's insecurities that Adam & Eddy were talking about? Or any clue which QOD he knows?
We're definitely getting a deeper peek at the internal struggles that Hook is battling with. "We are going to realize that he has got some things going on in his head that he is concerned about," Kitsis shared. As for which Queen of Darkness Hook shares a past with? We can't tell you who it is, but we can tell you that Emma's wave of jealousy/curiosity after seeing

and Hook's first encounter back together is definitely worth-watching.

Edited by MaiLuna
  • Love 1

For the first time in ages I was reading some spoilers without being too enraged, until I read this:

9. @asinoski: Will we find out that someone is pregnant? *coughReginacough*
We're going to plead the fifth on this one.

And this:

10. @Chloe_Queen: Please any on Emma/Snow relationship? We really didn't have much in 4A. I miss seeing Emma/Snow scenes!
Well then you might not want to hold your breath for some Storybrooke "Mommy and Me" scenes in the next two episodes. We will have more Charming Family scenes than we've had in the past, but that doesn't mean that these scenes will be truth-filled ones. (Sorry, y'all...)

At least, it seems they are not going to mess with Captain Swan in the first two episodes. 

Edited by RadioGirl27

"[Rumple] is going to do his Rumple-ist to get Belle back. So you are going to see full-Rumple." To follow up on that, Horowitz confessed that at the end of episode 14, Rumple will start on a "new quest that he's really energized about."

"[belle] even invites a wonderful new friend to be her guest at the shop in episode"

"We've never seen more devastating look of despair as when Rumple first lays his eyes on Belle after all their time a part. But to see that sadness instantly transform into unfiltered rage is absolutely terrifying."

In Back to the Future III, the undertaker keeps measuring Marty McFly  for a coffin. I think that the Storybrooke undertaker (with an appropriately punny company name) had better start measruing Will for a coffin, There are lots of leaks that Will and Belle are hanging out together, so I suspect that he is her guest at the shop and Rumple sees them - turning him into Magical Hulk-Rage Rumple. Rumple may not smash you the first time he sees you, but he will bide his time and plan.

The perceived other men in Belle's life have not faired well. Her fiance, Gaston, was turned into a rose. Her father was beaten to a pulp. The guy who tried to pick her up in Lacey form at the bar was beaten to a pulp. Whale was beaten to a pulp for presumably doing the same (or perhaps Rumple just did it proactively knowing that Whale would eventually go there).

He murdered his first wife for the sin of never loving him (and falling in love with somebody else who he also maimed in the bargain).

I'd like to thank etonline.com for helping me make a decision a long time in coming: I'm done. I've jumped off the cliff.

I read all 22 little spoiler-ettes and I hated.ever.single.one.of.them. It's sort of an equal blend of "shit I don't care about" and "shit I actively hate."

So, while it's been tremedous fun hanging out with you all, it's time to move on. 

"And she lived happily ever after...."  :-)

• Love 8

I completely and utterly understand. Even the very few of those spoilers I should have liked (the CS ones, which I know you hate), at this point I either don't trust them or expect them to be dealt with in 26 seconds while Regina is in the bathroom. I'm sure the heart-to-heart talk will be all of two sentences, if that.

Sometimes it's simply best to cut the cord. No point in sticking around for something that you don't get any pleasure from.

I've stopped watching several shows I once loved over the years, and I can say that I didn't regret that decision even once. Every single time, things ultimately progressed in a way that had me thanking my lucky stars that I'd made the decision to stop watching. Every. Single. Time. Once a show starts sucking for you, it generally doesn't stop that suck. That Titanic just keeps heading toward the iceberg.

There's always Netflix if things happen to magically right themselves.

Edited by Souris

I'd like to thank etonline.com for helping me make a decision a long time in coming: I'm done. I've jumped off the cliff.

I read all 22 little spoiler-ettes and I hated.ever.single.one.of.them. It's sort of an equal blend of "shit I don't care about" and "shit I actively hate."

So, while it's been tremedous fun hanging out with you all, it's time to move on. 

"And she lived happily ever after...."  :-)

Ditto, since around mid-S2 I have only been watching for Rumple/Robert Carlyle and Belle/Emilie de Ravin. Looks like 4a was throwing Rumple under the bus and 4b will do the same for Belle. I'm out too.

There are lots of leaks that Will and Belle are hanging out together, so I suspect that he is her guest at the shop and Rumple sees them - turning him into Magical Hulk-Rage Rumple.

I would think that the real thing that would be even more likely to send Rumple into a rage is the fact that Belle and Hook are working together. Even if they aren't romantically involved, his worst enemy being allies with his wife would be horrifying to him. Not that I expect these writers to make the association, but if Belle and Hook become friends, that means that everyone who rejected Rumple has ended up in some way with Hook. Milah left Rumple for him, Bae ended up spending centuries in Neverland with him, and now Belle and Hook are working together, and they seem friendly enough in the spoiler photos. I wouldn't imagine Rumple would care one way or another about Will unless he caught them kissing (does he even know or care that Will exists?), but he'd lose it if he saw Belle and Hook in the same room with each other.

• Love 5
As for which Queen of Darkness Hook shares a past with? We can't tell you who it is, but we can tell you that Emma's wave of jealousy/curiosity after seeing
and Hook's first encounter back together is definitely worth-watching.

Since we know Hook and Emma walked right by Ursula and Cruella without noticing them, I'm going to go with Hook knowing Mal. And if Emma gets jealous seeing them together, that might be fun. :)

Note: By coffee, we mean the dark-colored liquid that many drink to stay awake. As for the nookie-nickname that the Captain Swan fandom has created? All we can say is stay tuned…

Of course the CS fans are all excited about this, but I wonder if the writer even knows anything about this, or is just saying, 'it's not happening in the first 2 eps, so you'll have to stay tuned to see if anything happens'.

18. @ouat_csfan_: Can we get a quote between Hook and someone?

"Love is a weapon." -- Hook to Belle.

Woo, I was right about something! :)

8. @CapitainSwan__: I heard that Hook and Belle became good friends. Can you tell us anything more about their friendship?

We can tell you that we adore this friendship more than a basket full of newborn kittens. Seeing Hook comfort Belle in a moment of sadness -- and vice-versa -- will warm your heart. Plus, the fact that they are combining their brilliant minds to solve a puzzling case, makes us wish they had their own spin-off procedural called CSI: Storybrooke.

Finally some spoilers I'm actually excited about! Of course they all involve Hook... no big surprise there.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 2

I can't think of anyone with Belle who would send Rumple into a rage any more than Hook. After all, Belle befriending his mortal enemy would the biggest FFFFFFFFF UUUUUUUUU suuuuck iiiiiittttt! she could send to him.

Also, I don't really want to think of Belle and Will in any sort of romantic context. Where is Anastasia?

episode 14, Rumple will start on a "new quest that he's really energized about."

Is this quest the "turn Emma to the dark side?" thing? I'd be down with that if I got Imp!Rump and Emma scenes. He must guess that Chernabog wants Emma's evil heart for some reason and he too will go after it. If the quest is Get Belle Back, pass.

Hook knowing Mal. And if Emma gets jealous seeing them together, that might be fun. :)

Only if Mal is her mom!

but where are the other interviews

Both Ginny and Josh are scheduled to be on some morning talk show next week.  Since that episode is probably their centric and reveal the big dark secret, it makes sense for them to do it then.

Yeah. Why are people assuming this? I don't get it.

I'm not assuming it, but I can see the logic behind the theory simply because TS, TW. 

They deliberately cast a young Lily actress that looks like Parilla, and brought her in during one of the few episodes we've seen of Emma's childhood.  They had Emma reject her--and framed the story as if that was a very wrong thing for Emma to have done so. 

Then, we've had so many stories of the wrong, evil, dark, wrong, horrible, evil, dark thing that Snow and Charming did, that will impact Emma and how she sees herself.  Plus, 4B is going to be Regina-centric, and we're going to learn how she's (once again) a victim.

Combining all those things into a worst case scenario?  Snow and Charming made a deal or a mistake that resulted in Regina's beloved child being taken away and Emma was horrible enough that she didn't see the bond she and Regina's beloved child were supposed to have and rejected her, thereby ruining Lily's life.

If it weren't TS, TW, I'd think it was ridiculous, but, well. . .

Edited by Mari

Yeah. Why are people assuming this? I don't get it.

Because she is intended to look like her, act like her, and parallel her with her relationship to Emma. Some fans apparently want Regina to be preggers, so a flashback would suffice. Then there's the fact it's weird that Regina is going with Emma on a road trip to see her, so importantly that they'll leave Storybrooke defenseless magic-wise to do so. Plus this is Once and it's something we all know they'd pull.

There is nothing on the show itself to support this, however. It would be a retcon. I find it doubtful that Regina would give her away and never mention her again, what with her obsession with children. Like others have said, TSTW.

Also, I don't really want to think of Belle and Will in any sort of romantic context. Where is Anastasia?

Amen. That is one question I want answered in 4B, but we all know Will's just there for "comic relief".

Aw, bye Amerilla! I'll miss your snark!

Only if Mal is her mom!

Could totally see this happening. And frankly I kind of do want it to happen. It would probably have to do with magical impregnation, but yeah.

Edited by KingOfHearts
Probably because all POC are related.

On this show, everybody is related. James is probably the dad so Lily is the cousin that Evil Emma rejected (it's  those Evil White Genes in action)

BTW I am always up for James flashbacks. Of course, Lily should be much older than Emma because James was long dead, but A&E never let timelines stand in their way. Lily and Emma can be the same age because of MAGIC!

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

How old does that make Will then?  I mean Hook spent time in Neverland where he did not age, came back before the Dark Curse and was in Cora Dome for 28 years while Will was in Storybrooke.  If Will and Hook are related, that makes them contemporaries from way back when.  

Yes, I know this show is very contrived and they can pull something out of their ass in a moment's notice.

Oh no, no Hook relation please. I want to see Anastasia's being on the screen, not these secret sisters, brothers, babies...

Though I don't want any regular character to leave the show now but I think Hook is being overused and the main reason why they are keeping and making up stories for him is because they don't want to find another boyfriend for Emma. 

Edited by worryfaraway

I think they killed off her since I saw the face of Will when Robin asked him about her.

Jessy appeared at the premiere and an episode of season 4 so maybe she will have some contacts with Will later in season 5, hopefully. Haven't heard of her filming for the series recently.

Jennifer said during her twitter Q&A that 4B takes place 3 weeks after Hook and Emma's first date. I thought it was six? Maybe she's confused. She also said Emma and Hook are truly in love, and thinks they'll have a happy ending, so that makes me happy! One thing that she said which I thought was interesting was that her favorite costume that she has worn has not yet been worn. Does that mean she's seen a costume design for a future episode that she loves? Or is hoping to wear something particular? Of course my shipper mind automatically went to a wedding dress. :)

Edited by pezgirl7

"We’ve been waiting all season to find out why Will Scarlett (Michael Socha) is in town. Will we finally find out?
HOROWITZ: We’re going to see more of Will, we’re going to see more of his background and see some of his time in the past. As we know, he was one of the Merry Men, so we’ll see some of his interaction with Robin Hood.
KITSIS: We’re going to see how those two actually met. We saw them together and saw how her joined the Merry Men, but for the people who watched that Wonderland episode, you’ll see that wasn’t the very first time they met. We’re going to dive fully into why he’s there. We’re definitely going to see more of Will in this back half."

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/27/once-upon-time-bosses-tease-challenges-store-core-characters?asdf

I hope they'll keep that thing.

Will we also get to see more of Hook’s backstory?

KITSIS: We’re going to see a Hook backstory, absolutely. We’re going to see him at his most pirate-y.

Can't wait to see that! I'm assuming, and hoping, this will be pre-Milah. I hope we eventually get his childhood story too.

Jennifer said during her twitter Q&A that 4B takes place 3 months after Hook and Emma's first date. I thought it was six?

It's six weeks, not six months, according to 4x11. That still doesn't line-up though. In the sneak peek Emma says it's only been a "few weeks" since 4A. "We’re picking up a few months after the events of the winter finale." ... This timeline is so screwy.

We’re going to dive fully into why he’s there.

They better not be fooling with words here. This is a question I want answered.

All of it is going to lead to a couple of surprising revelations about Emma and a very dark secret that Snow and Charming have held onto that we didn’t realize they were keeping secret.

Thank God we're getting this in the premiere. I want this over with already.

The stuff that we’re planning to reveal comes out of stuff that we’ve already done. It’s building off the mythology we’re already created as opposed to going somewhere completely left field.

Yes A&E, your material is always built and it's never left field. You put in some much thought into the future, like that time you put flying monkeys in the book in the Pilot.

What he did to Belle is really atrocious. That is not going to be solved with a mixed tape and flowers.

Are you kidding? This is freaking Rumpbelle we're talking about. A Hallmark card would do the trick.

With that said, you mentioned Emma’s childhood friend Lily would come back at some point. Will she come into play soon?

KITSIS: I sure hope so. Why set her up, right?

Because they never setup characters without utilizing them.

KITSIS: Last year, what we realized as the theme was, “There’s no place like home,” they all realized Storybrooke is their home. There’s no grand design for everyone to find a portal and go back. What it really comes down to is, “How do we make this our home? How do we all live in a happy, utopian environment?”

This made me want to FLIP. TABLES. No they did not all choose Storybrooke was their home. Did they ask Grumpy? Granny? Was Geppetto interviewed?! Just because Emma decides Storybrooke is home doesn't mean everyone else did. "Utopian environment" my foot. Say that while they're running from Chernobog in the sneak peek. As if the writers care how the characters are adjusting to small town life. Is copping-out of potentially awesome drama an actual job around here?

HOROWITZ: We’re going to be seeing some new worlds and some old worlds again.

Sherwood Forest and Arendelle do not count. Why not some of the ones you already setup, like Oz, Wonderland or the Land Without Color? Those could be interesting.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

It's six weeks, not six months, according to 4x11. That still doesn't line-up though. In the sneak peek Emma says it's only been a "few weeks" since 4A. "We’re picking up a few months after the events of the winter finale." ... This timeline is so screwy.

Yes, Jen said 3 weeks, not months, sorry. I was thinking maybe the last scene from 4A was a flash forward, but that wouldn't make sense. I'm actually more happy with missing 3 weeks than 6, but it probably won't matter either way.

Will we also get to see more of Hook’s backstory?

KITSIS: We’re going to see a Hook backstory, absolutely. We’re going to see him at his most pirate-y.

Can't wait to see that! I'm assuming, and hoping, this will be pre-Milah.

I'd love a pre-Milah Hook flashback too, and I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's what we're getting in Episode 14. Along with a little Maleficent drunken pirate-y one night stand action in his backstory, possibly. Here's why I think that'll happen in Episode 14:

• Episode 14 is Maleficent's centric titled "Enter the Dragon." At first, I thought this would be entirely about Regina and Mal's friendship in the past, but I think there could be some room for a quick Hook appearance in there because...
  • ...Episode 14 was also co-written by David H. Goodman, who usually writes all of the Hook centric episodes. Actually, I'm pretty sure he's written every single one. I doubt they'd change up what he's good at mid Season 4, so I think Hook might have a prominent role in this episode. 
  • We already know Hook has a past with Mal after recognizing her in her demon/ash/monster/whatever the heck form she was inhabiting in Season 2. If they hooked up in the past or had a night of fun during his most pirate-y days, it would explain why she might have let him out of that cave pit so easily.
  • Their past hook up would also explain "Emma's wave of jealousy/curiosity after seeing [Mal?] and Hook's first encounter back together is definitely worth-watching."
  • Emma's jealousy could also lead her to the other spoiler we learned about with Hook and Emma having a heart-to-heart in that same episode. "Their biggest and most swoon-worthy conversation happens in the sheriffs' office in episode 14."
  • There's also those set pictures from the episode Adam is directing that show Ursula and Cruella going completely unnoticed by Emma and Hook on the street that supports this theory.

And that's all the Nancy Drew-ing I can handle tonight!

• Love 2

"Ariel will reportedly be back in this half of the season, but what other characters will be making an appearance?

Kitsis: We’re going to see people from Robin Hood. We’re going to see the Sheriff of Nottingham again.

Horowitz: We’ll be diving into some of the Robin Hood mythology.

Kitsis: Barbara Hershey is coming back as Cora."

Wow!

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2015/02/27/once-upon-a-time-eps-talk-queens-of-darkness-descent-on-storybrooke/

Episode 14 was also co-written by David H. Goodman, who usually writes all of the Hook centric episodes.

And he's always the one who does DVD commentaries with Colin (they make a really good team, and he manages to draw Colin out by asking great questions either about the process of filming or about how he sees his character).

I do think the Queen whose past intersects with Hook is Maleficent because he did seem to know her when he encountered her zombie form under the library. But I'd say his most piratey would be post-Neverland/pre-curse. That was when he was at his worst, when he was a drunk so driven by revenge that he did awful stuff like knock Belle around. I suppose in his Milah/pre-Milah days he was purely a pirate without the revenge (except against his former king), but it depends on how they define "piratey" -- his most evil phase or the time when he was a carefree fratboy pirate without so much baggage.

• Love 1
Kitsis: Barbara Hershey is coming back as Cora.

I take it all back. I can't wait for 4B. 

About that last sneak peek... it bothers me that Belle's only function is doing research at the library. She's good for nothing else but magically finding the answer at the end of a pivotal episode.

Edited by KingOfHearts