Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Agree. Is Belle's secret that she's been secretly using the Dagger to give commands to Rumple? That would be interesting, in a creepy way. Did she already know about the switch? 

I have trouble seeing Rumple honestly saying "I trusted you" to anyone but Belle, at this point.  I know I'm pretty hard on Belle, usually, but could trusting, milquetoast, never-doubts-Rumple actually have done something to him? (And yes, if she was secretly ordering him around with the dagger, that would be interesting in a creepy way.)

Edited by Mari
  • Love 1

Looks like Belle finds out about the dagger sooner than later? Cool. So the inevitable disaster that is awaiting Rumple in the later episodes won't include that detail. I'm beginning to think more and more that something happens to belle when rumple's plan backfires.

I wonder in what episode everyone will learn about the Rumple-DQ connection.?

I fixed the link, Rumsy. Sorry about that, I originally linked to a news article I was reading. Multitasking is not working for me today.

Thanks, InsetWordHere! Very intriguing, indeed...

• Love 1

Belle would be about a thousand times more interesting to me if she's been ordering around Rumple.

That could (or at least should) end up being very, very dark.  I don't know that they'd allow Belle to get that obviously dark.

I feel like Lily will be back in some shape or form. There has to be some reason why they showed us the Star on her wrist. Anyone have any ideas what it means.

I thought when they cast Lily it was for a "recurring" role. 

Isn't the star in the same place Emma has a buttercup tattooed?

• Love 3

Is it possible that something bad happened to Lily? The way Emma was talking at the end made it sound like she did try to look up Lily but she was too late. Perhaps she got the flower in tribute. I forget, did Emma have the tattoo in Tallahassee?

ETA CTV promo

Edited by InsertWordHere
  • Love 2

OMG Belle controlling Rumple yess <33 Belle just got interesting. CTV promos are way less dramatic than ABC.

Why is Anna with Belle though? Seeing as Anna is already back in Arendelle in the fairybacks.

• Love 1

Thanks to youtube I was able to skip the weekly Cult teachings by A&E and get the tolerable scenes. It's weird that the note says Emma will be the sister. Shouldn't it be daughter? Or is she the reincarnation of DQ's/Elsa's mom's sister? Wouldn't that be a hoot.

I just love EM as the DQ. Her being so proud of Elsa breaking free of her chains was oddly touching. That makes me think there's more than just getting a magical family. She has a bigger goal in mind.

As for the Lily thing I think she's back for all the teen Emma flashbacks but I don't know if she'll be a fairytale character too. The star thing I thought was a shout out to Harry Potter just like they said in the show, even if it wasn't 3 stars. Or is it an easter egg thing with Tiger Lily and the 2nd star to the right stuff. I can't tell if it's just that or if they really have plans of making her Tiger Lily. Seems the Neverland boat has set sailed a long time ago.

So Belle's going to use the dagger on her own and Rumple will act offended with the "I trusted you line? " Good times. I don't think she finds out the truth yet. They were still acting all loving from ep. 9 filming right?

• Love 1

Now I get it. Belle's been using the dagger to get Rumpel to become the most perfect lover for her. She gives it directives that are suited exactly to what's most pleasurable to her. That she's having the best. sex. ever. and doesn't want to make him sleep on the proverbial couch is the reason she doesn't seem to care when Rumpel won't help Emma in the ice cave and makes gross remarks about her death that obliquely refer to the wife he murdered. 

So, thinking about how this blackmail thing can come out without making Killian look like an ass or Emma OOC.

What if Belle finds out about part of this. She finds out about the blackmail and part of the hat story. 
She goes to Emma tells her that Gold is using Killian’s insecurities to force him to work for him. Tells Emma that Gold has a hat that can collect people’s magic but isn’t aware it steals away the people.

Emma is afraid her magic will hurt someone so goes to Gold to give up her magic. Killian shows up to prevent her. She tells him it’s ok, she knows what Gold has been doing, Killian tells the rest of the hat story. Stuff goes down between Gold and Emma. Not sure where they are going from there though.

This would strengthen Emma and Killian’s relationship since Emma has to take a bit of a leap of faith here. It would make Belle look like less of a tool.

I still think at some point the SQ will steal away Killian or harm him, but that is a whole other part of the story.

• Love 1
Now I get it. Belle's been using the dagger to get Rumpel to become the most perfect lover for her. She gives it directives that are suited exactly to what's most pleasurable to her. That she's having the best. sex. ever. and doesn't want to make him sleep on the proverbial couch is the reason she doesn't seem to care when Rumpel won't help Emma in the ice cave and makes gross remarks about her death that obliquely refer to the wife he murdered.

Well, she was locked up for 30 years....I'd be more surprised if she wasn't using it to catch up on a lifetime of bone-melting sex. And it would solve the "what do they talk about" question.

In any case, I think any wife, given a tool for complete control over their spouses, would use it. A way to guarantee socks never get left on the floor, that the garbage gets taken out, and that the gutters get cleared out - all without complaint? Sign me up. :-)

• Love 1

It can't be random that the girl's name is Lilith, can it? That is a biblical/mythological reference. And the star thing has to mean something

I don't know much about the bible but the search for the name turns up interesting stuff.  Lilith earlier class of demons in Mesopotamian culture and in Hebrew translates into night creature, night monster...if that's the case, it doesn't really bode well.

Star = Pentagram???

And Belle has a secret and she tries to control the Dark One?  I have an inkling that she's been waiting for Rumple to come clean about Anna.  And I see that Robin is back next week with his crossbow.  Gag me with a spatula.

I'm actually of the belief that the preview is misleading that that Rumple is actually talking to Henry, that he found out that Henry lied to get the job at his shop. He didn't sound hurt enough for it to be Belle. 

• Love 1

I can't imagine that Lily won't turn out to be someone.  Everyone turns out to be someone on this show.  And that birthmark was too weird a detail to not be random.

I was about to say that Nicole Munoz is on Defiance, so she probably couldn't do a major arc, but if we see her again she'll most like to be different age, so that really doesn't matter.

Why is Anna with Belle though? Seeing as Anna is already back in Arendelle in the fairybacks.

Maybe anna had to go on another mission? maybe she's rescuing Kristoff, whose name she conveniently forgot when she ordered Rumple to never hurt them again.

• Love 1

It's weird that the note says Emma will be the sister. Shouldn't it be daughter? Or is she the reincarnation of DQ's/Elsa's mom's sister? Wouldn't that be a hoot.

DQ wants them to be the next Weird Sisters. Or possibly Charmed...the Power of Three and all.

Some more leaked spoilers from the Teen Emma/DQ shoot the other day

Last week we saw them film a scene with the girl who plays young Emma, Abby Ross and Elizabeth Mitchell. It looked like it was supposed to be 1993 (sign on a bench).

They were filming a scene were Elizabeth was trying to convince Abby that she has powers. The girl was confused and at some point we heard something like “What, like Harry Potter?” and then Elizabeth pulled Abby onto the street where a car approached them. Saying that she should use her powers to stop the car, to use her instinct. Abby screams that she should let her go and pulls herself away.

After that they have another conversation which we couldn’t hear properly, but then Abby runs away. Elizabeth runs after her but she can’t keep up. She walks around screaming “Emma!” a few times, and then gives up.

That's the second Harry Potter reference in the Emma flashbacks. It must be 1998 and not 1983 since the Emma/Lily one last night occured in 1998 (and Harry Potter wasn't published until June of 1997 - even then, Emma and Lily were early adapters for Harry Potter in the US).

It is interesting that the DQ tries to get Elsa to control her fear to control her magic, but she uses scary events to bring out Emma's magic. Perhaps it's easier at the beginning to tap into fear reactions, but to really control the magic, you have to control the emotion.

Since Regina doesn't want to help Emma to learn her powers and Regina is by all presented evidence much eviler than the DQ, maybe Emma should get her magical tutoring from the DQ who wants to help her anyway. Really, how much did the DQ differ from Regina in her training methods? Both of them collapsed a bridge under Emma. At least DQ helped to free a slave this week. One could argue that the icicles of doom the other  week were to get Emma to use her powers and she did. Hans totally deserved what he got considering he was in the process of threatening to kill somebody to coherse another into a urn so he could take over the kingdom. Marian is the only innocent victim - she is always unlucky that way. Regina still has a much higher death toll. I think off-kilter  DQ is a better option than batsh!t crazy Regina.

• Love 3

I'm starting to wonder if it was a coincidence that we saw the Neal picture.  If the timeline people have actually worked out is right, it could be that DQ was Emma's last foster home and that shortly after running away, she found Neal.  Of course that blurs the line between the jump from child-actress young Emma to JMo young Emma and highlights some of the squickiness of that relationship.  

• Love 1

timeline people have actually worked out is right, it could be that DQ was Emma's last foster home and that shortly after running away, she found Neal.  Of course that blurs the line between the jump from child-actress young Emma to JMo young Emma and highlights some of the squickiness of that relationship.

I don't remember anymore but the screen for Tallahassee explicity said 2001 right? So that's 3 years and I do think the DQ was the last foster home. Remember how August said he lost track of Emma for 2 or 3 years to Neal? Presumably that's when the system lost track of her.

I see that Robin is back next week with his crossbow.  Gag me with a spatula.

No no, we like that he's back. He could take up propping duties so that other characters could be free from the soul sucker.

Emma's memories were wiped out.

I think it was as soon as she left DQ as a kid. Because otherwise she would've remembered the magic shenanigans that went down when Henry came to fetch her.

• Love 1

About Belle and the dagger, they shooted a scene with Belle, Elsa, Emma and Hook talking at the Sheriff station. It was around the time JMo posted the pic of Colin in the cell, so it can be for episode 6.

Maybe Belle discovers the fake dagger, goes to talk to Emma and then Hook has to explain her what he knows and she arrests him for being a lier and a bad boyfriend.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Or is it an easter egg thing with Tiger Lily and the 2nd star to the right stuff. I can't tell if it's just that or if they really have plans of making her Tiger Lily. Seems the Neverland boat has set sailed a long time ago.

Wouldn't Hook have recognized her though?  I mean I know he keeps secrets and is generally an idiot when he is doing so. 

Hook: Tiger Lily?!?!

Emma: WTF!

bad boyfriend

So very harsh!

ETA -

That note that was translated from the preview about Emma the Savior and all of that, is it just me or does it sound like some kind of a prophecy?

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

ONCE UPON A TIME - “Family Business” - The race is on to track down the elusive Snow Queen, who was once a foster mother to a young Emma - whose memories of this event have been erased - in order to discover what her ultimate end game is for Elsa and the residents of Storybrooke, and unaware that she does not possess the real blade that controls The Dark One, Belle attempts to use it to get her reluctant husband to show her where the Snow Queen is hiding. Meanwhile, back in the past, Belle travels to Arendelle and, with Anna’s help, seeks out Grand Pabbie to help her regain her lost memories in order to discover the fate of her mother.

Holy run-on sentence, Batman! That press release is ridiculous. Especially that first conglomeration of words. I mean, sentence. It has more clauses than a Santa convention.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 7

"It was a dark and stormy night, a shot rang out..."

It's nice to see Elsa in something other than her blue dress. I like her coronation dress.

I see the DQ is wearing the dress she is wearing when she comes out of the door portal in New York.

So, we are going to get a flashback within a flashback. It's just like Inception! or not. Belle will travel to Arendelle in a Flashback so that she can see a Flashback of her mother sorting books. Good times. I hope there is a point to this and it's just not to give Belle a chance to interact with Anna. I'm not sure what Belle's mother brings to the mix. I get they want to have polyAnna meet all the Enchanted Forrest characters and inspire them, but they have to think of really good reasons for them to meet. 

If the rock trolls can put memories back, why didn't they put back Anna's memories of Elsa as a child once they had stripped out the ice damage?

• Love 1

It can't be random that the girl's name is Lilith, can it? That is a biblical/mythological reference. And the star thing has to mean something.

I was thinking more like Harry Potter and Lilly reference kind of strange.

Too many memory wipes.

I was thinking more like Harry Potter and Lilly reference kind of strange.

Do you mean because of the name Lily, as in Lily Potter? Or are you thinking the star is a mark she was left with after some sort of magical encounter, like what happened to Harry? I think it's the latter, but there were very few known magical beings who were able to travel to our world at that time. There's only DQ, Pan, and the Dragon (sounds like a band), as far as I recall. Other options would be the writer of the book, the person who told August about the dagger (I still think it was Blue despite what the showrunners have said), or possibly the Sorcerer. Or possibly those are all the same person.

• Love 2

Did the Snow Queen do away with Belle's mother too?  So now Belle too has no memories of whatever?  Seriously, show, WTF!

Belle's mother is probably the third sister in the flashbacks for 'The Snow Queen'. EVERYONE IS RELATED.

Edited by snarkastic
  • Love 1

Maybe it was "take your kids to work day" for ABC's PR department and they allowed a few of their elementary school-age kids to cobble together a press release?

Anyway this is interesting, if I'm deciphering it right:

unaware that she does not possess the real blade that controls The Dark One, Belle attempts to use it to get her reluctant husband to show her where the Snow Queen is hiding

I was wondering if she was using the fake dagger or somehow got a hold of the real one. I guess it's the fake one, so Rumple's "I TRUSTED YOU" will be doubly hilarious. I'm glad she's threatening him either way, and I do hope she wises up that the dagger is fake by the end of the episode.

Maybe they let a Frozen fan, whose in the single digit age,write it. Or some poor intern is passive-aggressively protesting the pure torture of having to summarize A&E's dreck.

I'm hoping it's the fake one too that causes the fake (or real?) outrage because.... Rumple. With DQ/Anna/Elsa in the fairybacks let's just get to the meat of the story but it seems to be more on Belle and her mom? DQ probably killed her mom cause why else would she use that dagger to get DQ's location? Sally Pressman is playing the middle sister.

Also hopefully this will give more material to Elsa and not just Anna. Georgina is so awesome but I don't think they know how to write for Elsa or want to. Her character type is too much like Emma and we see how badly they struggle there. They can only write for extroverted extremes and can't deal with the more introverted characters. A&E seem to love and specialize in over-the-top villainy or the perky sunshine cheerleader types. You can just tell they love writing for Anna a whole lot more than Elsa. Mr. Gold and DQ are the only exceptions but I'm convinced that is all Robert and Elizabeth. They should really thank their lucky stars or their casting director.  Give the guy or gal a raise.

Edited by Jean
Did Rumpelstiltskin know Emma's name before the curse was cast?

Yes. He  made a deal with Charming and Snow. He would tell them what Regina was up to (casting the curse) and they would tell them their daughter's name. Charming didn't want to make the deal, but Snow did. Rumple went on to write Emma's name a bazillion times on a piece of paper. That ink on that paper was later used by Snow, Emma, Mulan and Aurora to escape from Rumple's cell. Hearing Emma's name when she was checking into Grannie's is what broke the curse for Rumple.

Speaking of Rumple...deleted scene (Rumbelle Kiss)

Edited by kili
  • Love 1