Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I like all the Frozen people so yeah. Maybe they're adding in extra Arendelle flashbacks so that Anna/Kristoff/Elsa can spend some time together instead of splitting them up and throwing them in with the regular folks. That should be the main selling point. I also wonder if the original 9 episodes slated for it has now been extended to all 11. That would be the smart move.

Here's hoping that this also means more Frozen in the rest of the episodes, made in the editing room. I'm looking at you ep. 5.

And I'm really looking forward to the DQ/Elsa/Emma showdown.

• Love 3

Jane Espenson has retwitted this:

RTing myself re extra ep: RT Such a fun day at work at #OnceUponATime today. You guys are gonna love what we're putting together!

This was supposed to be about episode 9, the one that she wrote. So maybe they are moving part of that episode to 8B.

I don't know, it's so random to add an episode in the middle of the season. I don't know if I'm happy or worried. If it means more Frozen, more Emma and Hook, and more Snowing, then good. If it means more Regina and Robin (Adam has confirmed he will be in episode 8) and more Henry, then, no thank you.

• Love 7
I don't know, it's so random to add an episode in the middle of the season. I don't know if I'm happy or worried. If it means more Frozen, more Emma and Hook, and more Snowing, then good. If it means more Regina and Robin (Adam has confirmed he will be in episode 8) and more Henry, then, no thank you.

Because this show never does anything good without effing it up 2 seconds later, I'm gonna stomp my enthusiasm way the hell out by going with they just decided they needed to add more time to Woegina's plot lines. The part two of 4x08 is gonna be 42 minutes of Not!Evil Queen and her parrot Iago Henry.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1

Put me in the more worried than excited camp.  I just wish I understood more about the logistics about this.  How long as this been in the works?  I could see them easily having an episode and a half.  All that means is that they ended up with a lot of good stuff and they decided not to cut it.

But for a full double it either means: the network told them to film a double all along, with the potential that it would have to be cut, which means filler.

Or they got the go ahead to fill two hours with only an hour and a half of material, which also means filler. 

And is our spoiler timeline now confused with 4x08 filming occurring out of sequence?

Well I wouldn't put anything past A&E. They could very well be like, since the network told us more Frozen and we can't cut corners for them, we'll just add in an extra hour for our real love and passion.

However I think it's clear A&E isn't running this show alone for 4A. ABC is giving up that extra hour for Frozen. This might explain some of the Saturday filming we heard about with Blackbeard? Anna and/or Kristoff was locked in a chest and buried at sea and maybe Blackbeard had the chest?

• Love 2

I know they film exta and stuff gets cut but we're talking an extra hour. Some planning had to go into that ahead of time. The actors have to be on board with the extra time too right?

Stanley Park filming - CLOSED set

Isn't that when Anna comes out of the trunk that was in the water? The trunk that has is opened by the key that was in the picture of the 4x05 script cover that Adam tweated? Then Anna and Kristoff are in Storybrooke.

And based on the spoilers from yesterday, could it be possible that the DQ is holding Hook hostage inside her shop for some reason?

But wouldn't the ending scene be of them going into the shop to save Hook and whoever else was being held hostage in the shop once the DQ had been defeated? They are all celebrating in the street and they don't bother to rescue the hostages? The fact that a lot of the characters are hapily celebrating a big victory and hugging makes me think they either aren't worried about the people who aren't in the scene because they think they are safe or they don't care about those people. I'd be worried that any hostages in the ice cream shop were frozen and needed more rescue - remember that backroom?

IDK. I think the fact that Hook isn't there either means that the Charmings are done with his lying, Rumple-partnering self or he is in the hat and nobody noticed yet. Much like how he was kidnapped and stuffed in the trunk of the car and even though people were being turned into monkeys left-right-and-center, nobody was concerned that he didn't show up for a meeting. Was Belle at the great snowball fight showdown? Maybe she is in the hat too.  It would be fun to see Hook learn to respect Belle and work with her plus figuring a way out of the hat world would give them both something to do.

• Love 2

However I think it's clear A&E isn't running this show alone for 4A. ABC is giving up that extra hour for Frozen. This might explain some of the Saturday filming we heard about with Blackbeard? Anna and/or Kristoff was locked in a chest and buried at sea and maybe Blackbeard had the chest?

I agree. The extra hour is to milk Frozen for all its worth before the half-season arc ends. And excellent theory about Blackbeard!

• Love 2

Because of all the Frozen characters taking on much of the fairyback workload this season, the extra hour may have been more feasible for the actors.

I don't know if Hook not being around for a single scene is necessarily significant. You could argue it may be because they want him and Emma to have a more significant reunion (after whatever happened) and so they're keeping it seperately ala the finale outside granny's. Not saying that's the case, just... there could be so many reasons for his absence in one scene.

• Love 2

But wouldn't the ending scene be of them going into the shop to save Hook and whoever else was being held hostage in the shop once the DQ had been defeated? They are all celebrating in the street and they don't bother to rescue the hostages? The fact that a lot of the characters are hapily celebrating a big victory and hugging makes me think they either aren't worried about the people who aren't in the scene because they think they are safe or they don't care about those people. I'd be worried that any hostages in the ice cream shop were frozen and needed more rescue - remember that backroom?

IDK. I think the fact that Hook isn't there either means that the Charmings are done with his lying, Rumple-partnering self or he is in the hat and nobody noticed yet. Much like how he was kidnapped and stuffed in the trunk of the car and even though people were being turned into monkeys left-right-and-center, nobody was concerned that he didn't show up for a meeting. Was Belle at the great snowball fight showdown? Maybe she is in the hat too.  It would be fun to see Hook learn to respect Belle and work with her plus figuring a way out of the hat world would give them both something to do.

Yeah, they are all ridiculously happy, so I don't think that if Hook (and Kristoff, he is also missing and we know he is already in Storybrooke) are in any trouble, Emma and the others know about it. Maybe there's a scene where Emma realizes Hook is not there, and they all go to find him.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

Ack, I'm singing in a concert the night of the two-parter. I suppose it's appropriate, considering I was singing in a concert the night of the series premiere. That time it was "The Armed Man." This time it's Vivaldi's "Gloria," so the subject matter is a lot lighter. I wonder what the choir director would say if I suddenly have a "conflict" that night. It's not as though there's a shortage of sopranos, and I'm not a soloist (that I know of, yet). There's not even a second soprano part, so I'm totally extraneous.

Other people may be sneaking peeks at football scores on their smartphones. I may be trying to see if new spoilers pop up. Will the extra hour be more Frozen or extra Regina? I guess if it's extra Regina, then I'll be able to catch up pretty quickly after the concert, thanks to my trusty FF button.

• Love 2

A few details about the upcoming episode and deleted scenes from TVLine:

As Parrilla sees it, “What’s so beautiful about Regina and Emma, especially at the end of this episode, is that Emma comes clean and says, ‘I don’t really have anybody else who understands this magic inside of me. You’re the only one I can relate to. And I need you.’

Psst...Emma...you can talk to Elsa. She at least apologized for almost killing you and is now really nice to you. Or maybe Blue. She's as shady as they come, but she's never tried to kill you. Heck, chat it up with Red. She's got some magical stuff going on that she didn't always know how to deal with. Maybe skip the relationship with the person who keeps blaming and abusing you after having tried to kill you several times. Just an idea.

As for Regina getting married man dating advice from Snow....shudder.

• Love 9

Basically everything about that article is disgusting.

And hasn't JMo and everyone else been saying that Emma and Elsa bond because of them having similar magic?

Edited by Serena
  • Love 8

As Parrilla sees it, “What’s so beautiful about Regina and Emma, especially at the end of this episode, is that Emma comes clean and says, ‘I don’t really have anybody else who understands this magic inside of me. You’re the only one I can relate to. And I need you.’

Really show? Really? There aren't (polite) words to describe what I think about this. It's so ridiculous and wrong on so many levels. Well, I guess the SQ fans would enjoy the episode. I'm totally skiping it.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1

There was a slightly different promo earlier on ABC where Regina is yelling "you ruined my life" and it was pretty obvious it was directed at Emma. 

The main issue is that Elsa is actually leaving and she and Emma will have no way of communicating after that.  But the whole Regina ass kissing is just so much ugh!

• Love 5

This isn't even going to make any sense, is it? Emma is inherently magical like Elsa, Regina is not. She required the spell book to regain magical skills in 2.02, while Emma touched her shoulder and powered the hat. Regina could simply choose to leave Storybrooke and not have magic. My guess is that's not the case for Emma. Regina has a choice, Emma does not. Emma saying that she needs Regina is sick and wrong and ignores all of the other magic users in town. The ones that haven't tried to kill Emma multiple times. What about Tinkerbell or Shady? After the way Regina's treated Emma recently and really her entire life, having Emma fight to prove her friendship is just all kinds of wrong and upsetting to me.

• Love 10

After the way Regina's treated Emma recently and really her entire life, having Emma fight to prove her friendship is just all kinds of wrong and upsetting to me.

She shouldn't have anything to prove to Regina.  If someone doesn't wanna talk to you or be your friend, then fuck 'em.  And since Regina is such a hero now, maybe she should remember that saving a life when you have the chance to do so is sort of important 'cuz you know, it's a life!

• Love 5

Basically everything about that article is disgusting.

And hasn't JMo and everyone else been saying that Emma and Elsa bond because of them having similar magic?

Really show? Really? There aren't (polite) words to describe what I think about this. It's so ridiculous and wrong on so many levels. Well, I guess the SQ fans would enjoy the episode. I'm totally skiping it.

It's been going so well so far, but 405 is gonna make us want to punch someone, isn't it?

She shouldn't have anything to prove to Regina.  If someone doesn't wanna talk to you or be your friend, then fuck 'em.  And since Regina is such a hero now, maybe she should remember that saving a life when you have the chance to do so is sort of important 'cuz you know, it's a life!

Y'all are my people!

Seriously, I am so cranky about them making an Emma ep into a REGINA ep. And yet another whitewashing of Regina's actions ep, to boot. It was as I feared, but I hoped my fears were misplaced -- though with this show, they generally aren't.

• Love 3
It's been going so well so far, but 405 is gonna make us want to punch someone, isn't it?

It's time to put the good china away before Sunday's episode because there is going to be some table flipping going on.

If anybody should be proving themselves to the other, it shouldn't be Emma to Regina. Hopefully, ABC is taking care of the editing and that conversation gets left on the cutting room floor too.

• Love 5

The saddest thing is I really want to enjoy a Emma episode but it seem it will be too much for me to handle ,

I do not care for Regina anymore and just I do not find this frienship believable for a second so I'm torn between Watch the episode or just Watch some clip after.

• Love 4

That article really is disgusting. I don't even want to comment on the details. The first Emma episode in forever, and I'm not looking forward to it. I bet it will turn out that young Emma ruined someone life in her childhood as well.

• Love 3

As Parrilla sees it, “What’s so beautiful

Basically what she means is what's so beautiful is that St. Victim Leech gets to suck the soul out of another character and get another asskisser while she still gets to play the self-righteous victim.

A&E is probably cackling in their Church of Holy St. Victim, lighting candles at her altar and going, "that'll teach them to ask for an Emma episode."

ETA: They probably all saw the excitement and reaction to Emma/Elsa friendship reveal after comic-con and wanted to shoe-horn their Mary Sue in. Disney won't let them fuck with Elsa or Anna directly and this is their way around it. Look guys, the black hole is like Emma, and Emma is like Elsa which means black hole is like Elsa too! It's so obvious that's what they wanted to do all along and is desperate to make it happen while under Disney's corporate thumb.

Edited by Jean
  • Love 5

It's really interesting that these writers never see that maybe they should have Regina be the one who reaches out. Regardless of how I feel about the completely unbelievable reactions of everyone whose lives Regina ruined, they really need to see how ridiculously unbalanced it is that the victims are the only ones in this "relationship" as it were. While I have little desire to see the relationship at all, it would go a long way with me if for once it seemed like Regina was even remotely interested in having a relationship with them and made her own move towards expressing it.

The show got a ton of crap for Emma never seeming all that interested in Hook while he followed her around like a puppy. Now it's subjective about her body language showing the opposite of what she was saying during much of that time, but in the last episode we saw Emma be the one to ask Hook out. She demonstrated an interest in exploring a relationship with Hook all on her own. This is the kind of thing they absolutely need to have Regina do because what I've read in that article for the next episode was just more retread of Emma offering an olive branch to Regina after countless times being rejected/belittled/almost murdered by this woman who has never shown any reciprocating interest in Emma or her friendship.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 13

I can't wait for an Emma episode to be one bitchy remark after another from Regina. Thanks Adam and Eddy. Special thanks since we get so few Emma episodes.

WTF was that article and those comments from Lana?

I need to step away and take a breather.

• Love 5
As Parrilla sees it, “What’s so beautiful about Regina and Emma, especially at the end of this episode, is that Emma comes clean

Um, excuse me. Why does Emma need to "come clean" about anything? She hasn't done a damn thing wrong. OH NO, SHE SAVED MARIAN'S LIFE, HOW DARE SHE.

• Love 7

I'm trying to understand how this Emma-Regina interlude fits in with the rest of what we know.

Do we even have Emma-Regina spoilers past this episode? Everything we've seen has Emma with her family, Hook, and Elsa. Spoilers last night even show Emma and Elsa teaming up with their magic.

What is this side show suppose to accomplish? Other than anger fans and flip tables?

• Love 1

You've got to be fucking kidding me. Well, I expect for my tables to be flipped, my throw pillows to be ripped apart, and my walls to gain some "decorative" holes. In the future I'll probably be calling episode 4X05 by an alternate title: "Why El Seed Didn't Get Her Security Deposit Back."

• Love 7

I've decided that for the sake of my tables and sanity, I need to never again read an interview with Lana. She's too much in Regina's headspace and always seems to talk down Emma.

Exactly. I can't get too upset about all of this because it came from Lana. She's spent the entire season so far in the head of this character who sees things as a victim so of course that's how she's going to respond to a question about her character in relation to Emma. And we've already seen this in interviews with her so far. I'm taking it with a grain of salt since it will once again likely be something that turns out to be a 30-second scene of non-consequence.

• Love 1

For my TV's sake, I'd best go unload the pistol.

Dude, I'm gonna have to lock away the weaponry, hide the baseball bat, the tennis racket, the golf clubs, and really any objects that can be turned into projectile weapons, move the tables to other rooms and drag the treadmill into the living room, set the incline to a 10 percent grade and practice my uphill wind-sprints while I watch this episode. I can't with Regina's shit and have been fast-forwarding through her scenes all this time, but since Emma's going to be stuck with her in this episode, I'm putting the inevitable rage to good use and burning some calories. Let the rage-sprints commence!

• Love 6

What are the odds we can bribe the Hulu person who leaked "Kansas" to do it again with the "I need you, Regina" scene? I'd just like to know in advance how much liquor I'm gonna need to consume. If I need to restock my supply, it would be good to know now.

• Love 4

I can't with Regina's shit and have been fast-forwarding through her scenes all this time, but since Emma's going to be stuck with her in this episode, I'm putting the inevitable rage to good use and burning some calories. Let the rage-sprints commence!

Rage sprints are much more productive than table flipping! Maybe I'll rage-exercycle. Excellent idea!

And KAOS Agent, you can never go wrong with stocking up on copious amounts of alcohol when watching this show.

I wonder if they filmed so much with 4.08 that they realized they'd have huge trouble cutting it to time. I can't imagine they had a full 42 minutes of overage, though, so I wonder if they'll film more to fill. That really kind of screws up trying to figure out what eps they've been filming when since then.

Josh posted a pic of David's truck and Jared from filming, tonight I presume. Wonder what David and Henry are up to?

Edited by Souris

I wonder if they filmed so much with 4.08 that they realized they'd have huge trouble cutting it to time. I can't imagine they had a full 42 minutes of overage, though, so I wonder if they'll film more to fill. That really kind of screws up trying to figure out what eps they've been filming when since then.

Based on this exchange:

‏@Betsypaige24 

@JaneEspenson Hi Jane!  Was 408 always supposed to be 2 hours or did it just work out that way w/all the material? Thanks!

‏@JaneEspenson

@Betsypaige24 Neither. The order was extended, so not part of original plan, but more purposeful than just working out that way.

It sounds like ABC ordered the extra ep (they ordered an extra one for a lot of their shows at the same time), and I would guess the Once folk replied "You know, we have a bunch of stuff from 4.08 we don't want to cut..." and ABC was like "More Frozen? Uh, hells yes." But I agree it's unlikely they had a full second hour of stuff, so... what else are they going to throw in there? And will it run smoothly as one episode or just feel bloated? 3.21/22 does not feel bloated to me, but they wrote it to be a full two hours from the start.

Yeah, I'm definitely more worried about the extra episode than happy.

All I have to say is if Emma is so damn understanding of Regina, there better be a whole lot of understanding towards Hook.

I was thinking the exact same thing, even if I'm sure it's not going to happen. You can say the same thing about the rest of the Charmings. It would be something like this: "Oh Hook, you are a monster for keeping secrets from us" but "Oh Regina, thank you for destroying our lifes and for trying to kill us multiple times. You are amazing and we love you".

• Love 4

I've been thinking that maybe Anna is the one to open Belle's eyes to Rumple heart of darkness. Weren't Anna and Belle suppose to know each other? If Rumple helped urn Elsa and Anna, then maybe Belle will have to face that her husband is not just a lying lair who lies but sadistic psychopath.

If Rumple helped urn Elsa and Anna, then maybe Belle will have to face that her husband is not just a lying lair who lies but sadistic psychopath.

She's had lots of evidence already. She'd probably dismiss that as something he did when he was full imp.

• Love 4

We know shit hits the fan for Rumple in 409/410, so I doubt Belle realizes anything in 406. I seems kind of random to put a Belle episode between an Emma one and a DQ one. I hope it fits and it's not like that Red episode in 2A which totally stopped the momentum of the story.

• Love 3
If Rumple helped urn Elsa and Anna, then maybe Belle will have to face that her husband is not just a lying lair who lies but sadistic psychopath.

She has her Lacey memories. Surely she remembers he's a sadistic psychopath. Dr. Whale is a bit of hound dog, but surely she doesn't think he deserved to be beaten half to death by her good-hearted husband. Of course, she is the one who fell in love with him while he was flailing Robin Hood and trying to kill him for the sin of theft while trying to save his wife. She'll probably just think that if he had more love in his life,  he might not have done that to Elsa and Anna.

While Belle will sometimes intervene to help Rumple make the better chance, she seems to only get upset with people when they harm her. Of course, on this show, consistency isn't necessary. She can quickly forgive Rumple for lying to her, trying to kill Regina with a wraith and causing two of the nicest people in town to be sucked into a portal  - provided he buys her a hamburger. But, that doesn't mean the next time she encounters his treachery she won't suddenly have a completely different reaction if the plot demands it.

Anna must have found a successful way to hide the hat all these years. Urning Elsa wouldn't save her from the hat because all you have to do is pour out the contents of the urn and the person is quickly back ready to go in the hat. It is possible that Elsa got urned in some kind of battle (perhaps Anna was trying to suck Rumple into the urn, but it only works on Ice Queens) and Rumple thought it was a convenient place to keep her until he got the hat and needed to suck her power.

• Love 1