Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E05: Friend Or Faux

• Start Topic

For me, the rift between Nene and Cynthia started in Savannah when she said something about Cynthia's daughter twerking at the mall. That really upset Cynthia, and it was uncalled for by Nene. I really wished it had been mentioned during this conversation.

Okay, thank you. Because that's what I thought as well. I thought Nene was so rude to Cynthia about that entire thing, and then when Cynthia was clearly very upset, Nene just wanted to brush it off like it weren't no thang. To me, that was when it became clear that Nene was not a real friend. She would rather let her friend be hurt than show some humility and admit she was wrong. I'm not saying Cynthia is a perfect angel, but I think that trip really shed a lot of light on the friendship, and I'm guessing that everything that happened after that was because of the underlying tension between them. 

This show is about to lose me, especially if these women continue to be awful.

That's the crux of it right there. At this point, I don't really like anyone! I've never liked Porsha or Kenya. Nene was my original favorite, but despite her tagline, she is nasty, nasty, nasty. Cynthia I liked at one point, but I feel like she's fake and trying too hard and I just can't muster up any more sympathy for her. Last year I was enjoying Kandi and Phaedra, because I felt like they had a genuine friendship and Phaedra cracked me up. But Kandi's cowtowing to her mom and daughter, at the expense sometimes of her relationship with Todd, is really beginning to piss me off. And Phaedra's piety is wearing thin. So yea. I just don't like any of these women right now and that makes it all kind of boring. I guess I'll just root for the Prince and the President. 

• Love 12

Kenya: "ooooohhhhh hahahahahaha you hahahahahaha have a hahahahahaha cat hahahahahaha" ... Whack job.

The double entendres when Kenya & Claudia are together are really starting to wear thin on me. "Oh do you want to pet my pussy?" No. It's not as cute or funny as you two think it is, either.

• Love 14

I don't think the show needs to be dark dark drama all the time so I'm fine with Claudia's furniture shopping, cats and Solo cups in the living room.

Nene shouldn't have said anything about Cynthia's daughter or mothering skills and Cynthia should've shut her down on the spot.  Say what you want about me, but don't call my daughter a potential ho especially when a) your son is aimless & shoplifting from Walmart b) your son is rumored to have kids here, kids there but nary a marriage license in sight and c) my daughter has done nothing to warrant being called a potential ho.  Don't go there.

Kenya apologizing to Phaedra should have nothing to do with whether Phaedra apologizes to her.  In fact, it would make Kenya look better if she apologized to Phaedra while Phaedra appears to still be carrying a bone.  You apologize because it's the right thing to do and because you feel it in your heart.  Don't give me a fake apology; I'd rather you not apologize at all.

MJ's boyfriend SHOULD reimburse Kandi for all the damage but it would upset Mama Joyce if Kandi demanded he reimburse Kandi and Joyce probably directed him to rip out all of the fixtures anyway.  That's why MJ wants the house to be in her name: so she can rip it up and do as she pleases without hearing Kandi complain about the condition of the house.  I heard Kandi's name is on this house but don't worry, Kandi: Mama Joyce & her boyfriend will tear up this house too.

Kandi's aunts need a reality show.  They could just go to different restaurants in Atlanta having a good time, talking about life.  I'd watch that: The Old Lady Gang.

I wonder when they are going to transition Porsha out?

BRUH at Peter sitting down with Cynthia, Mallorie and their mom like one of the girls.  SMH!

• Love 6

Kenya: "ooooohhhhh hahahahahaha you hahahahahaha have a hahahahahaha cat hahahahahaha" ... Whack job.

The double entendres when Kenya & Claudia are together are really starting to wear thin on me. "Oh do you want to pet my pussy?" No. It's not as cute or funny as you two think it is, either.

Calling them "double entendre" is a stretch; it's more like a single entendre.
  • Love 3

IIRC Nene never said anything about Cynthia's mother skills, she said that if it was her daughter she wouldn't give her blessing for her to date,let alone do it in her house. She mentioned how she had seen young girls at the mall tweerking and what not but if memory fails me she never mention that Noelle was one of those girls.

It might have come across as harsh but Nene told this to Cynthia to her face and Cynthia instead of standing strong in her decision just felt apart. If you have conviction in your decision you just have to clarify why and not even that, all Cynthia had to really said was, "Thanks for your concern but when it comes to my daughter I know what I am doing, I got this", instead she ran away to cry and pout about how she loves her daughter (which was never in question) and how she wants her daughter to trust her (which is a good point but didn't need the tears)

IMO Cynthia was already hyper sensitive because as she said herself Noelle's father didn't aprove of this situation , kind of makes me wonder if there has been a little rift between them due to this because I don't remember seeing Noelle's father at all after this. I wonder if we will see him at all this season or if there will be more talks about Noelle's dating. Itwouldn't surprise me if Leon put a stop to that and forbid for this to be a story line being that we never heard about it anymore.

• Love 8

I wonder when they are going to transition Porsha out?

Porsha goes on the two cast vacations so I don't think she will be transitioned out, probably just fewer scenes featuring her. Edited by Chrissytd

Not to beat another dead horse, but I think the struggle Claudia is describing is primarily an internal conflict, which is why she reacts with hyper-sensitivity to any comments.  With the exception, of course, of those who are just flat out prejudiced--no being overly sensitive there.  It could be an interesting conversation but, unfortunately, none of the gals on this show has the patience or the smarts to discuss any of this with her and I'm sure that the producers don't really care either. Having an Italian mama who can't bring herself to tell you that she loves you is just flat out strange. That would mess me up. 

I'm beginning to think that Joyce may despise Kandi.  I simply can't imagine treating my child in such a way--ever.  Honestly, the single best thing Kandi can do to ensure her so-called brand (eye roll) continues to thrive is to keep her nasty, nasty mother off camera.  If they are a joint package in terms of finances, I would certainly never drop any money on anything Kandi is selling.  The state of that house and her mother having kept it a secret from her at the same time as she was insulting her future son-in-law and his parents while continuing to accept houses from her whacked out daughter is the single most shocking event I've seen on any of these shows.  To include suicides, arrests, imprisonments, you name it.  That is some serious crazy disrespect going on there. Makes me wonder if Joyce, aside from being a harpy, is dealing with some kind of hidden drug problem.

As best I can remember, Joyce called Sharon a prostitute AND said that Todd's father was a pimp -- It was a double dose of insult.  There is simply NO way I would ever marry a partner who allowed that kind of talk to continue without a major throw down even if that was clearly the desired effect. For me, a total deal breaker. 

Cynthia looks terrible this season.  Whatever she is doing to her face is making her look like a balloon getting ready to burst.  The blonde hair thing is so old and tired too.  Cynthia looks at her best to me when she's sporting a natural Afro.  The day-glo blue eyeshadow in her talking heads does her no favours either. 

Kenya-Phaedra -- Enough already, don't care.  Nene-Cynthia, ditto.  

What is fascinating is to see Apollo behaving as though he's getting ready for another tour of duty in the military instead of heading for prison.  I can't imagine what kind of desperation would have seized Phaedra to want to get with him to begin with.  He's dumb as a box of rocks and beyond the body builder thing has a face that does nothing for me.  Stupid is just not a good look. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 6

Last night, Kandi said that she "just wanted to keep the peace." Obviously, this is why last week she made Todd be the henchman and why she allows Joyce to continue to stomp all over her. She wants to keep the peace for everyone else EXCEPT herself. When she realizes that she deserves peace in her own life is when she will finally tell that nasty hosebeast of a mother to kick rocks!  Unfortunately, I think with Miss Sharon's death, this is only going to make her worse when it comes to Joyce. She is going to continue to give, give, give, give, give. Just like she said the week prior, her mother is never satisfied. Well, gee, that's because she knows that you're going to keep giving her whatever she wants. So, she'll continue to find things she's not happy with! Duh!

I forget which poster said that with NeNe what you see is what you get. I absolutely believe that. Even though she's brash and yells over people, I do believe that she was hurt by Cynthia. And I do believe Cynthia was hurt by her. She was cordial and spoke when she came in, she even complimented Cynthia when Kandi tried to get that dialogue going. I really wish they would have stopped at "what happened between us concerns nobody else at this table."  If Cynthia had an issue in Savannah but let it go and then let things fester and grow and pile on until folks took to social media to voice their disgust when NeNe said Peter was acting like a bitch (I mean, they continued to be friends, going away from New Year's, etc.) then that's all on her.  That's the thing about forgiveness. If you make the choice to forgive someone for a wrong they have done, you let it go and move forward. But Cynthia obviously didn't and now we have this situation.

Edited by lovetowrite73
  • Love 3

If Cynthia commented on Bryson & his shoplifting & babymaking, or made a general comment to Nene about men getting girls pregnant, shoplifting, not working, being aimless, parents giving grown folks cars etc. Nene would feel that Cynthia was lowkey making a comment about Nene's mothering skills. 

Nene was making a lowkey commentary about Cynthia's mothering skills.  If Nene had just said "I personally wouldn't do it, but you have to do what's best for your daughter" Cynthia wouldn't have had a problem with it.  But Nene decided to be extra going on about girls twerking in the mall etc which was a shot at Cynthia, basically saying if you let Noelle date she's going to end up being a fast tailed girl.

Cynthia should've checked Nene on the spot but it really doesn't matter if Cynthia confronted Nene on the spot or weeks later because Nene doesn't do well with any kind of criticism.  Nene charged up in Peter's face and he CALMLY told Nene how he felt and she got butthurt over that, hyping Gregg & his belly up to charge at Peter weeks later.

Best thing is to not comment to another woman on how she's raising her child.  Even if you're right....it NEVER ends well. 

• Love 20

PTV I fucking temporarily hate you for having to make me requote and retype this entire thing.   ::fixes collar:: it's hard enough to remember my brilliance the first time. 

Nene is just an irritating slab of shit. 

I've been contempgiggling the idea that shit is measured, and in slabs yet, all morning.

The WWHL interview between Nene and Andy, when she slammed Cynthia, was filmed after the reunion was filmed. Cynthia had already slammed Nene on camera at the reunion. 

Kenya did not apologize to Phaedra, I have never heard her say "I am sorry I did/said _______" to Phaedra. What I heard Kenya say is "I apologize but you started it by saying, alcoholic/bipolar/ect" which is not an apology IMO. They all seem to do this "justification" routine/dance when they get called out for their own bad behavior, Kenya is no exception to that.

Kandi would have to sue her mother, not just the bf. The bf acted/did what Joyce told him to do. Kandi will never sue Joyce even though she should.

Wirewrap, I'm throwing every bit of salt in my fist at you for forcing me to acknowledge that not only did Kenya apologize to Phaedra and not only did she do it twice, but the second time came after realizing that Phaedra was not willing to apologize to her.  She said:  okay well, I just want to go on record as saying that I'm sorry for everything I did and or said to you to (this is where my memory and/or hearing quits) but yeah girl, we gotta give a heffa credit where it's due, even if reluctant, Kenya won the bigger woman contest here.   Phaedra could've prevented herself from showing her whole ass by simply saying I'm truly sorry for ever having invested any faith and belief in the lie that "someone told on you".   Phaedra lost the opportunity to have a bigger woman draw right there.  Disappointing. 

Who is on the bus to hell with me for thinking that sweet, sweet Sharon was the wrong mother taken too soon?

*honk honk*   The sign up sheet has me bringing m&m trail mix and vitamin water.   Who's got next?

Although both of my parents are black, I'm the same complexion (and maybe even a shade lighter) as Claudia, grew up in the south and yet, I've NEVER had problems related to my skin color like she has.  I had friends with dark skin as well as lighter and in all my years I've never had a problem related to my skin color.  What did she do, go around announcing that her mother is white?  To be honest, if she hadn't announced that her mother was white, I never would have guessed it.  The same goes for Apollo.  They just look like light skinned black people to me because they don't have hair like white people.  I don't know what kind of crowds she hung out with to have such problems, but it's pretty horrible that she did.

= everything I thought initially.  But she wouldn'tve had to announce it, she said her father left her and her brother to be raised alone by their mother.   I don't know this from personal experience but I imagine that if you're a different race from your custodial parent, a large portion of your days 1975 are filled with having to hear/respond to ignorant shit.    Hell, today.   I see this as less of a comment that her race itself was an issue than people pointing out and/or chiding her about the noticeable differences between she and her mother when they were together.   I used to work with a gentleman who is black, his wife is white and their children look black and white, respectively (his son is cocoa faced with brown with brown eyes and brown hair) and his daughter is cream faced with blue eyes and blondish hair.    Whenever he was with his daughter on the subway (this is nyc, in 1999-2000) he said people (white people) would either outright glare at him or ask him who she was to him.   Black people knew who she was because they looked exactly alike.

The ONE small smidgen of hope I have for Kandi waking up is the fact that she was willing to call out Joyce's hypocrisy on camera.

JMO but I think this was accidental.  It looked to me like Kandi was seeing the destruction (for the first time) at the same time we were seeing it so her reaction was genuine and non-conscious of the camera crew.

When it comes to her mom, you can knock Kandi over with a feather. She's so weak for that old hag. I've seen Kandi rage out against people on this show but she won't say shit to her mom. A woman who has called her husband's mother a whore and threatened to beat her best friend's ass with a shoe. Kandi gets zero respect from me..

Ya'll?  can we please just build us a bridge and get right over it about Kandi and Joyce?  This is the same woman who dragged her husband into a business meeting to avoid talking to her 3 person staff about their tasks.     It's her disconnect between Joyce's action and consequence I don't get.  She says she's "tired" of hearing Todd talk about how her mama does blah blah blah.  Buuuuut, um girl, you don't really get that Todd is reacting to some latest fucked up thing?   She might be beyond therapy, counseling requires a moment or the willingness to approach a moment of realization.

I don't think that will do it. If there's anyone who can figure out how to stick around and haunt someone all their life, it's MJ.

This.  Because evil always dies last.   

• Love 10

The talk about Cynthia's parenting brings me back to NeNe's blog after that episode aired and to me it seemed like shade was definitely thrown. I understand how Cynthia feels and her way of dealing is internalizing a lot of things, which doesn't work well when dealing with a personality like NeNe's who shoots from the gut (hate it or love it). I can't remember how the talk of their friendship came up on the last reunion. Was it prompted by Andy?

PTV I fucking temporarily hate you for having to make me requote and retype this entire thing.   ::fixes collar:: it's hard enough to remember my brilliance the first time.

The url to this episode's thread changed again this week once the recap was posted. Grrr.

Edited by quetzal

I really hate Cynthia.

I don't even care if what Nene did/said started it or was wrong.  Cynthia is one of those people who keeps her mouth shut when shit goes down and then when she gets pissed off all of the sudden she finds her mouth.  She never said boo to Nene when any of this stuff happened.  Yet now all of the sudden she has all these insults to throw around.  Look, Nene is like a bull in a china shop, we all know it.  But she's Nene.  She doesn't make any apologies for who she is.  Cynthia accepted that about her until something happened that Cynthia felt crossed a line.  And rather than "being a woman" and having the conversation about it, she let it fester until she was so pissed off she blew at her for something else.  I have no time for people who can't say when something upsets them WHEN it happens but want to discuss it 6 months later when you've seemingly done something else to upset them.  That's bullshit.  And sorry to say Cynthia, it's also being a shitty friend.  

Cynthia also has yet to own her shit in this whole debacle with Nene.  Not once did anything that came out of her mouth take responsibility for anything she did.  "I couldn't have the conversation with Nene because SHE doesn't do that."  "I couldn't say anything at the time because ya know....she's Nene."

BULLSHIT!

You didn't say anything at the time because you are a spineless whiny asshole.  For someone who spouted off this entire show about how she knows how to treat people and be a friend she sure didn't know how to sit down and present to Nene the things that had upset her.  

Cynthia is the kind of person I stay away from.  Always the victim, can't own her shit and is the one other people see as the innocent one because the person she's sparring with is more of a big personality then she is.  

I see right through her crap.  She can get off my TV any day now.  Bitch.

• Love 15

Cynthia is the kind of person I stay away from.  Always the victim, can't own her shit and is the one other people see as the innocent one because the person she's sparring with is more of a big personality then she is.  

I see right through her crap.  She can get off my TV any day now.  Bitch.

I concur. In my personal life I also stay away from people ike Cynthia or Kenya, I am civilized and will say hello and bye but that is it.

Nene is in your face, loud and abrassive but she will be like that in your face, not act all sweet and innocent while staying you in the back behind cameras, like you said, with Nene you get what you get, if you like it you stay, if you don't you move on and that is it. I do have friends like Nene and once they realize that yu are also pretty straight forward with her as she is with you and that you don't shy away from giving and receiving criticism, it is great. Of course I would never sign for reality TV so there is that.

Kenya or Cynthia on the other hand are the ones who are sweet and nice to your face, have the proper behavior in front of you and then later during their solos or talking heads, they kill you just when you are not around to defend yourself. Then reunion time comes around and they show their real colors when you don't even remember anymore why there is a problem to begin with. A day late and a dollar short.

The basic difference to me is that I perceived Nene to be very flawed but real, this is who she is in real life, good, bad or horrible, this is she. Kenya and Cynthia seemed to be playing a role that they think or expect will resonate with the viewers, they pander to the viewers and change their behaviors according to what they think will please the viewers but this is not who they really are, this is just who they are pretending to be.

I know the standards in reality TV are basically non-existant and very low but IMO I rather have the real you (even if ugly) than the fake you (even if perfect).  I don't ask for too much, just show me yur real face. I can take it.

• Love 7

ZaldamoWilder, I meant Kandi's talking head where she pointed out how Joyce had so much to say about Todd while her own boyfriend was being shady and messing up her home.

Oh ok girl,l I gotcha.  I'm sorry, now I can't even tell if your comment is related to what I wanted to say lol, probably not, but I was talking about the scene where she gets a first look at all that mayhem. 

I meant to say something about Nene/Cynthia.   I think Nene believes that she owes Cynthia nothing, including an apology when slight by slight everything was squashed.  Nene believes that reacting immediately and being quick at the mouth is what you need to do or doesn't count.   That off the cuff it has no value unless you have a comeback in 5 seconds thing is, I'm sorry to say it, a real urban mindset.  Kinda like the grown version of playing the dozens.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling anybody who thinks that any names, I have a sassy mouth myself.  I'm saying that it's a natural evolutionary result of maturity to deliberately consider a response before issuing it.    I don't think Cynthia's reactions to anything are mitigated by the fact that they're late.  Late is what happens when you take the time to process what just happened.   Now it really doesn't help when dealing with a personality like Nene's but I still think they're valid.  Cynthia's point is that the dissolution of their friendship is overall about the theme/pattern of disrespect that Nene has shown Cynthia in her little remarks and side comments.  Individually the things themselves may be squashable but what Nene doesn't understand is that a great deal of it is shit you just don't say out loud about someone you consider close enough to be your sister.  You might say it to your sister but you don't open it up to judgment for everybody else and offhandedly humiliate her the way Nene isn't even aware she'd done.     So Nene's walking around like why you still trippin off something we settled?  When they never settled it because Cynthia either avoided or isn't articulate enough to say your personality doesn't contain the sort of limits that are necessary to maintain a respectful friendship.   

• Love 13

Preach ghoulina!  I sign on to EVERYTHING you said!  I too am sick and tired of being sick and tired with these women.  B-O-R-I-N-G as hell.  What ELSE in on Sundays at 7pm?  Think I'm gonna have to channel surf next week.  And I USED to LOVE this bunch of ho-wives. No More.

Edited by goofygirl
  • Love 2

I meant to say something about Nene/Cynthia.   I think Nene believes that she owes Cynthia nothing, including an apology when slight by slight everything was squashed.  Nene believes that reacting immediately and being quick at the mouth is what you need to do or doesn't count.   That off the cuff it has no value unless you have a comeback in 5 seconds thing is, I'm sorry to say it, a real urban mindset.  Kinda like the grown version of playing the dozens.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling anybody who thinks that any names, I have a sassy mouth myself.  I'm saying that it's a natural evolutionary result of maturity to deliberately consider a response before issuing it.    I don't think Cynthia's reactions to anything are mitigated by the fact that they're late.  Late is what happens when you take the time to process what just happened.   Now it really doesn't help when dealing with a personality like Nene's but I still think they're valid.  Cynthia's point is that the dissolution of their friendship is overall about the theme/pattern of disrespect that Nene has shown Cynthia in her little remarks and side comments.  Individually the things themselves may be squashable but what Nene doesn't understand is that a great deal of it is shit you just don't say out loud about someone you consider close enough to be your sister.  You might say it to your sister but you don't open it up to judgment for everybody else and offhandedly humiliate her the way Nene isn't even aware she'd done.     So Nene's walking around like why you still trippin off something we settled?  When they never settled it because Cynthia either avoided or isn't articulate enough to say your personality doesn't contain the sort of limits that are necessary to maintain a respectful friendship.   

Nene is not a mind reader.  If Cynthia had an issue with her for saying something at the time, then she should have opened her mouth and said it.  Instead she sat quiet.  Sure, what Nene said was out of line, but Cynthia never said a word....she didn't even blink.  And when you're friends with someone, it can be assumed that said friend should be able to see the underlying cause of a statement and give you the benefit of the doubt.  So when Cynthia didn't pipe up and tell her that whatever she said was offensive to her, how was Nene supposed to know that it was?  I would have just assumed that whatever I said wasn't that big of a deal and gone about my day.  Which is seemingly what Nene did.

So I'm sorry but I disagree.  If you don't say anything at the time, don't expect someone to just know that what you've said is offensive to them.

And late?  Maybe.  But not 6 months to a year after the fact.  Maybe a couple days after you've processed it.  After 6 months you've lost the right to say anything or make that person answer for it when you didn't say anything to begin with.  Which would also have been the time to pipe up to Nene that sometimes Cynthia feels like she isn't heard in their friendship.  I've had that discussion with people, it is possible to have it without a huge argument. Cynthia assumed Nene would lose her mind over it.  Which, fine, fair assumption.  But then don't throw out the insult that Nene couldn't "Be a woman and have the conversation"....uh....you couldn't either, hun.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 10

Well, I think a lot of it has to do with seeing the show. It's one thing to think something is squashed in the moment, but then you see the THs and realize this person was saying extra shit about you, and you get pissed off all over again.

• Love 8

Nene is not a mind reader.  If Cynthia had an issue with her for saying something at the time, then she should have opened her mouth and said it.  Instead she sat quiet.  Sure, what Nene said was out of line, but Cynthia never said a word....she didn't even blink.  And when you're friends with someone, it can be assumed that said friend should be able to see the underlying cause of a statement and give you the benefit of the doubt.  So when Cynthia didn't pipe up and tell her that whatever she said was offensive to her, how was Nene supposed to know that it was?  I would have just assumed that whatever I said wasn't that big of a deal and gone about my day.  Which is seemingly what Nene did.

So I'm sorry but I disagree.  If you don't say anything at the time, don't expect someone to just know that what you've said is offensive to them.

And late?  Maybe.  But not 6 months to a year after the fact.  Maybe a couple days after you've processed it.  After 6 months you've lost the right to say anything or make that person answer for it when you didn't say anything to begin with.  Which would also have been the time to pipe up to Nene that sometimes Cynthia feels like she isn't heard in their friendship.  I've had that discussion with people, it is possible to have it without a huge argument. Cynthia assumed Nene would lose her mind over it.  Which, fine, fair assumption.  But then don't throw out the insult that Nene couldn't "Be a woman and have the conversation"....uh....you couldn't either, hun.

Listen. Yes.

I got in a fight with my friend Friday Night. Resolved it an hour later, and then 24 hours after that I got an email saying we can't be friends anymore.

THAT(Even though I think it's bullshit lol) is how you have a situation, think it over, and decide that it's untenable.    Had my friend tried to tell me 6 months after the fact that we can't be friends because of that I would have called her every crazy name in the book.

You cannot expect anybody to be a mind reader. You cannot expect your friend to know your limits and your guidelines if you've never given them any and Cynthia certainly has not given Nene  any guidelines for their friendship.  Cynthia just weeps with a sad face and hope people will understand what her issue is.

Be a normal person, have a drink, and hash out your issues with your so called friend.

• Love 3

Girl I'm not batting for the late and shut in, it isn't my style either.  I don't think Nene had to be a mind reader to have understood that whenever her friend reacted, her words were offensive.  I also don't think it was months later, the sitdown dinner about Nene calling Peter a bitch was days later and Nene's hairsplitting between I didn't call him a bitch, I said he was acting like one was some typical responsibility deflecting bullshit. 

Cynthia's punk ass reaction to what Nene said about lil girls twerking in the mall was immediate.  When it became clear to Nene that she'd hurt her friend's feelings by what she'd said, she went up to Cynthia's room and smooth played off (dismissed really) the fact that she'd hurt her friend's feelings.   It doesn't have a thing to do with time sensitivity, Nene wants the right to dismiss her wrong doing on the basis that Cynthia didn't speak up in time?  Huh?  How does that negate the original offense?  Since when is there a statute of limitations on not acknowledging that you hurt somebody? Nene's only prism is whether or not she would be hurt by the words or actions not whether or not her friend was.   For the record I hate that Cynthia takes a while to build up her steam but I hate even more the assertion that she's not entitled to her feelings because Nene no longer considers them valid. 

Listen. Yes.

I got in a fight with my friend Friday Night. Resolved it an hour later, and then 24 hours after that I got an email saying we can't be friends anymore.

THAT(Even though I think it's bullshit lol) is how you have a situation, think it over, and decide that it's untenable.    Had my friend tried to tell me 6 months after the fact that we can't be friends because of that I would have called her every crazy name in the book.

You cannot expect anybody to be a mind reader. You cannot expect your friend to know your limits and your guidelines if you've never given them any and Cynthia certainly has not given Nene  any guidelines for their friendship.  Cynthia just weeps with a sad face and hope people will understand what her issue is.

Be a normal person, have a drink, and hash out your issues with your so called friend.

Oh shit.  LOL.  I'm not laughing at your story, I'm giggling at its similarity to my own life.  Look. I AGREE with ya'll.  I no longer talk to my friend of 42 years (did ya'll hear me say 42?) because my kid, her Goddaughter, didn't say thank you for her birthday gift and she texted me three months later asking if she liked it.   And then I smooth went off.    So, trust, I GET IT, but I also think that the time thing does not supersede the original feelings.  

eta:  we stopped talking because I can't work around passive aggression.  the lateness I could've gotten over.  lol.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder

Because Cynthia is far more subdued than Nene, well pretty much everyone in the free world is more subdued than Nene, I think her feelings get discounted.  Just because some one apologizes doesn't automatically reset the friendship back to where it was originally.  Kudos to the person apologizing and gracefully accepting an apology deserves equal praise.  What I saw in Cynthia is she just wore thin being Nene's friend.   Nene demands this blind loyalty and Cynthia had had enough.  All the talking head insults and direct insults to others have a way of eroding a friendship.  Cynthia tried for a game event and Nene stomped off throwing a water bottle. 

I think Cynthia was more than willing to be friendly with Nene and Nene came at her with an all or nothing ultimatum and said-"I will never be friends with her again."  o what is Cynthia suppose to do?  According to Nene there is no fixing it.  After watching Kim and Nene last night on WWHL-it was apparent there was never a return to the previous level of friendship these two once enjoyed-just making nice to each other for the cameras.  I think a lot has to do with the numerous insults Nene hurled the way of Kim and Kroy.  Kim may be able to forgive on her own behalf but Kroy owed Nene absolutely nothing.  To me both Cynthia and Kim have put their husbands feelings over Nene's.  Nene can't handle it.

• Love 8

I also understand that something so trivial can completely break up a friendship.  For me it was my friend borrowing money to help pay her rent.  However she appeared to forget to repay.  I am more like Nene in that situation, I told her right off that I needed her to return the money and since it was 3 months after I have given her ample time to remit.   She was pissed that i would dare asker because she saw it as a gift and not a loan.  She did pay it back but she was angry for a long time. We didn't speak for a couple of decades until my mother passed and she came to the funeral.  However, I feel if I had just let it go or that she finally remitted and we were still social with other.   Then 6 months later and in front of others she's not even close to, I go off about how she took too long to pay me back, I would be all kinds of wrong.   This is what Nene is angry about.  She realized she went too far calling Peter a B and they sat down for lunch to apologize and her apology was accepted by Cynthia and Peter.  They hugged and went on with their friendship.  They traveled together, spent the holidays together and eveything moved on until the reunion where Cynthia blindsided Nene with the whole mess.

As for Nene's feelings about 13 year olds dating.  She clearly stated that she would not let her son date at that age and she felt she could not approve of dating at 13.  What sent Nene out of the shoppe that day was not that but Cynthia trying to pry some tea about the Kenya Charity Ball fiasco.  Nene did not want to talk about it and when Cynthia pressed, Nene left.  When it was brought up in Savannah about the dating issue, Nene pretty much said exactly what she said then.  She did not point out Noel at all but as a mother raising a boy, her concern is going to be fast tailed girls trying to get his attention.  That is what she said.  She wasn't actually questioning Cynthia's parenting skills, just giving her opinion to the group as a whole.  Cynthia chose to take that personally and run weeping from the room.   Which in my opinion, was a nerve being hit by some other confrontation (possibly with Noel's father) that fueled that reaction.

I also understand that something so trivial can completely break up a friendship.  For me it was my friend borrowing money to help pay her rent.  However she appeared to forget to repay.  I am more like Nene in that situation, I told her right off that I needed her to return the money and since it was 3 months after I have given her ample time to remit.   She was pissed that i would dare asker because she saw it as a gift and not a loan.  She did pay it back but she was angry for a long time. We didn't speak for a couple of decades until my mother passed and she came to the funeral.  However, I feel if I had just let it go or that she finally remitted and we were still social with other.   Then 6 months later and in front of others she's not even close to, I go off about how she took too long to pay me back, I would be all kinds of wrong.   This is what Nene is angry about.  She realized she went too far calling Peter a B and they sat down for lunch to apologize and her apology was accepted by Cynthia and Peter.  They hugged and went on with their friendship.  They traveled together, spent the holidays together and eveything moved on until the reunion where Cynthia blindsided Nene with the whole mess.

As for Nene's feelings about 13 year olds dating.  She clearly stated that she would not let her son date at that age and she felt she could not approve of dating at 13.  What sent Nene out of the shoppe that day was not that but Cynthia trying to pry some tea about the Kenya Charity Ball fiasco.  Nene did not want to talk about it and when Cynthia pressed, Nene left.  When it was brought up in Savannah about the dating issue, Nene pretty much said exactly what she said then.  She did not point out Noel at all but as a mother raising a boy, her concern is going to be fast tailed girls trying to get his attention.  That is what she said.  She wasn't actually questioning Cynthia's parenting skills, just giving her opinion to the group as a whole.  Cynthia chose to take that personally and run weeping from the room.   Which in my opinion, was a nerve being hit by some other confrontation (possibly with Noel's father) that fueled that reaction.

As for Cynthia being a loyal friend, no.  She was that dog who brings AND carries a bone for person to person; keeping crap happening while sitting back and clutching her pearls at the horror of it all.  She did that perfectly with Kandi only  because Kandi so dislikes confrontation that she immediatly apologized for making Cynthia mad when Cynthia actually caused the mess.  Cynthia last season was like a stealth Kenya.  Which is why I wasn't surprised when they became besties.   I am just waiting for the friend contract to be written up.

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 2

I want to know more about MJ's boyfriend. If he is a loser, then how dare she criticize Todd! At least the guy still has a job and not living off Kandi's money like MJ predicted he would.

Todd's mom passing away is going to fuck with his head in a big way. They were super close, according to what has been said on previous episodes. Kandi said he spoke to his mom twice a day.  This will be another contributing factor to this marriage not working. How can he possibly even look at that evil  MJ, and watch how he manipulates Kandi while he is grieving over the loss of his own mom.   

• Love 4

After 5 episodes the show's not really working for me.

I don't think I'm going to watch anymore. How many seasons has it been with the exact same storylines, and what is there to care about anymore?

Kenya Moore - whore or not whore(?); Cynthia doesn't stand up for herself; Kandi doesn't stand up to her mother; Nene is an awful human being; and Apollo is shady. Even his impending prison term isn't changing the narrative!  

And like I said in my first comment, I can't understand what the hell they're saying most of the time anyway.

ETA: My post wouldn't be complete without me quoting this:

Gimme my minutes back, you boring assholes!

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 3

Seems quite a few of us have some bff positions available.    We should get together and see if we can handle that.    Don't bring any contracts, mojitos and handshakes work just fine.  ;)  

LOL, that friendship contract was some BS but it did made me laugh.

I do not do well with passive agressive, I can take in your face people all day long, but like other have said I do not read minds.

My mother says that my mind is wired like a guy, if you tell me why you are mad, we talk about it, we fix it , or not and then we more forward in the same direction or different directions but we move on. Accepting someone's apology, going in about the friendship like nothing has changed, spending holidays together and what not for six months and then you start watching the show and realize that everything has changed? uhmm I call BS on that one.

Peter has always been notorious for meddling and offering his two cents about everything that doesn't pertain to him and Nene called him out on it, based on the things that he has said about the other ladies and how nasty and disgusting he is when he talks about sexual innuendo with the other guys, do I think he was really offended when Nene told him he was acting like a Bitch? he might but in that case he shouldn't have accepted the apology or he could have kept his distance neither of which they did so I can understand how Nene perceives that as an strategy to gain the viewers approval.

• Love 2

Too bad about the "no props at the reunion" rule.  Because I suspect, given Phaedra's behavior last night, that this year's reunion prop would have been a big old inflatable mattress.  She could inflate it out of the box like Laura Petrie!

(I will say, however, that I think Phaedra looked nicer on last night's episode than she has the entire time she's been on the show)

A little part of me wants Mama Joyce to marry this guy, have her own Bravo wedding special, then for him to divorce her and make her sell the house which is now in her name, to support him in the manner to which he has become accustomed.

Edited by kassa
  • Love 11

One thing to remember about these women and their feuds.....they don't see the final edited episodes until we do, and they go to the reunion show gunning for bear. That's why I suspect Cynthia didn't discuss anything with Nene until then, and vice versa.

• Love 4

Not to beat another dead horse, but I think the struggle Claudia is describing is primarily an internal conflict, which is why she reacts with hyper-sensitivity to any comments.  With the exception, of course, of those who are just flat out prejudiced--no being overly sensitive there.  It could be an interesting conversation but, unfortunately, none of the gals on this show has the patience or the smarts to discuss any of this with her and I'm sure that the producers don't really care either. Having an Italian mama who can't bring herself to tell you that she loves you is just flat out strange. That would mess me up. 

Are there Italians who are stereotypically less expressive with their affection (don't like to hug or vocalize)? That's what I thought it was until she Claudia said her mother doesn't speak English.

• Love 1

^^ I didn't think her mom's heritage was her point.  I thought she meant it like:  her mother gave up her language and culture to marry into one that wasn't familiar to her to follow her husband, who then abandoned her, leaving her to raise these kids alone in his country.    And that maybe their *brown-ness* was something she came to resent as a daily reminder of that.  I could just as easily be reading too much into it lol but if that's close, that had to be a truly shitty scenario for all three of them.  

• Love 3

The Nene-Cynthia feud confuses me.  The reasons they give for falling out seem so silly given how close they say there were.  Reasons to take umbrage, sure, but nothing that couldn't be patched up.  So ... I wonder if much more happened that we aren't privy to or if the whole thing is made up because both of them, together and apart, have become pretty dull to watch. But then I dunno -- That looked like a real tiff last night and neither one of them can really act so I get confused all over again.  In general, I don't much care.  (I want to go back to that soul food joint and have a look at the menu!)

I do think that husbands have a right to intervene if they see their wife getting beat up on by the other ladies.  Have no problem with that.  It's up to the woman to say butt out of it if she wants to but most men I know worth a damn would step in.  I'm  perfectly capable of taking care of myself, and then some, but wouldn't be pleased to see my husband hanging back if I were getting savaged.  On the other hand, I don't think that Nene's bitch comment to Peter was anything unforgivable.  People get heated -- stuff gets said.  Gregg and Peter were also having mini-explosive fights on camera as I recall.  

One thing that worries me for Nene is that she now only seems content and capable of not acting like a bitch herself WHEN she has a gig outside of this show.  She gives off this craven vibe of having become hooked on the fame and on the chance to make a name for herself outside of Bravo.  It's kind of sad really.  She's only validated in her own mind when pulling down these second and third tier outside gigs.  We all remember how horrid she was to her Bravo cast mates when the Glee and New Normal work dried up and she was stuck with them.

It's so strange to see her acting so above it all on RH -- like she doesn't get that she's hired for these other jobs not because she's especially talented but because of the viewer base she brings with her from RHoA.  It's a double bind for her -- I do think that if she were to quit Bravo, her other opportunities would be lost so she kind of needs to stay when one can see she'd like nothing better than to be able to quit it for good. 

In the meantime, while she's stuck in this kind of weird limbo, she'll either manufacture problems with the other women just because or she'll continue to do as told.  I guess both is also a possibility.  

Looking forward to seeing Cynthia on the runway.  Her walk seems so ... lifeless though.  Something's not right there. 

Ubiquitous -- Yeah, I imagine there are plenty of Italian mothers and fathers who don't fit the usual mold.  Actually, no matter what the background not being able to tell your child, ever, that you love them is odd.  I wonder if Kenya thought to ask Claudia if speaks Italian and we didn't get to see it. Folks in this family must have figured out some way to talk to one another, I hope! What was alarming was that Claudia skirted around suggesting that she wondered if her mother was cold to her because she regretted having had a child with a black man.  That's just a really sad thing for a daughter to wonder about.  I did feel bad for her.  I'm not mixed in terms of race but I am in terms of nationality and I know just from that that it can be really confusing when growing up, especially when one of the parents is missing. She needs to hang out with Kenya's Aunt. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 1

I'm really starting to get bored of this show... I used to stay up to 1am so I could watch it live, these days I just catch up in the week. It took me until today to finally watch last week's episode and last night's episode, and neither of them have inspired me to rush to watch next week's offering. 

It just feels like the same recycled storylines and the same recycled scenes, all way too predictable and fake feeling. 

One thing I will say though is that when the Nene / Cynthia friendship ended I was firmly Team Cynthia, but having seen how they've both behaved ever since I'm starting to feel like Nene may be right about that whole situation. 

• Love 2

Cynthia has also thrown fuel on the flames by deciding she's now Kenya's BFF.  She knows Nene has issues with Kenya.  

From where I sit, the one being shady is Cynthia, not Nene.  Nene seems to have been very upfront and honest with Cynthia about 99.9% of their relationship.  Now all of the sudden Cynthia has an issue and the first thing she does is run to Nene's adversary and start telling all her secrets.

Like I said, Cynthia is not a person I would be friends with.  She's one shady bitch.

• Love 6
I want to know more about MJ's boyfriend. If he is a loser, then how dare she criticize Todd! At least the guy still has a job and not living off Kandi's money like MJ predicted he would.

Same here. When he was mentioned last night, I was all - "Who IS this lunatic, why have we not heard of him before? How long have they been together?" - etc. etc. And that's exactly what Kandi was saying - "My mom sure has a lot of nerve criticizing Todd when her man is turning my home into a squat". Problem is - she won't say it TO her mom. 

• Love 3

Same here. When he was mentioned last night, I was all - "Who IS this lunatic, why have we not heard of him before? How long have they been together?" - etc. etc. And that's exactly what Kandi was saying - "My mom sure has a lot of nerve criticizing Todd when her man is turning my home into a squat". Problem is - she won't say it TO her mom. 

For some reason I am convinced he looks exactly like MJ, just without the pageboy wig.

• Love 2

Mama Joyce - your ratchedness is coming through loud and clear.

Are there Italians who are stereotypically less expressive with their affection (don't like to hug or vocalize)? That's what I thought it was until she Claudia said her mother doesn't speak English.

I don't know of any.  I'm Italian and we are always saying love you.  It is our signature good-bye, "Love you, bye".  We mean it each and every time.

• Love 2

^^ I didn't think her mom's heritage was her point.  I thought she meant it like:  her mother gave up her language and culture to marry into one that wasn't familiar to her to follow her husband, who then abandoned her, leaving her to raise these kids alone in his country.    And that maybe their *brown-ness* was something she came to resent as a daily reminder of that.  I could just as easily be reading too much into it lol but if that's close, that had to be a truly shitty scenario for all three of them.  

I'm also wondering if the mother's family didn't approve of the marriage. If Claudia's parents divorced when she was still quite young, and the dad bailed, why didn't her mother move herself and her children back to Italy? I think the scenario you mention is entirely plausible. It would have been arguably more difficult to raise a bi-racial child thirty years ago than it would be today.

Edited by BitterApple

One thing to remember about these women and their feuds.....they don't see the final edited episodes until we do, and they go to the reunion show gunning for bear. That's why I suspect Cynthia didn't discuss anything with Nene until then, and vice versa.

I realize this wasn't the point of this quote, but the words in bold got me thinking.  This always gets me about these shows.  They get all pissed off over stuff that seems to us to be edited and hacked and cobbled into something resembling a story.  You'd think they were at least as wise to some of the tricks as we are.  Or that maybe they would find some way to do their jobs of rehashing shit a million times without really rethinking and re-experiencing everything (not that I could do that, but I'm not paid to).  It's all very weird.  

I don't fault Cynthia for waiting to speak her mind (well...I do a little if she waited until they were filming, 'cause that's just about getting airtime).  Where I fault her is that I'm not sure what her feelings actually are.  I think she got caught up in viewer chatter as much as whatever her husband may have been saying, but I don't know if that introduced the idea that she was pissed at Nene or validated feelings she'd had before, if that makes sense.  So to me she comes off as a bit of a floater, and not a great reality tv character (outside her prior role as the person who would film with everyone and stir shit, something I think Cynthia did better than Kandi has thus far).

ETA: I think Cynthia's follower nature was what Nene liked in the first place.  For all the credit you can give to Nene about being authentic, it always seems one-sided to me, and I've not seen her stay friendly with anyone who challenged her the way Cynthia may have about Kenya's bs event.  

I think Claudia and Kenya could be friends outside the show.  All their dialogue was about getting Claudia to talk about her past.  It doesn't mean Kenya didn't know about it.  She just had to pretend she didn't know so we could get the set up for the scenes we'll apparently be getting in the future with Claudia and her family.  

Edited by phoenix780
  • Love 3

I honestly don't think Phaedra owes Kenya any type of apology. So what if Apollo lied about Kenya. Kenya gave life to that lie  by her blatant disrespect of Phaedra's and Apollo's marriage. Everybody believed there was something inappropriate going on between those two. It's not like Phaedra got up one morning and said I'm gonna tell the world "Kenya is a whore", because I can. Phaedra  told Kenya more than once not to talk to Apollo out of her presence, Kenya answer to that was f--k you. If Kenya wants to apology to Phaedra and  feels she owes her an apology. Then she should apology. Doesn't mean Phaedra feels she owes Kenya an apology.

Did Kenya ever apologize to Walter?, don't think so and the lies she told about him was so much more damaging, Kenya gave everyone reason to believe she and Apollo were "screwing around" .Walter said he was not interested in her.He had never given her any reason to believe he was gay.  Her action was malicious with no basis. Not so with Phaedra... 

• Love 18

Well, I think a lot of it has to do with seeing the show. It's one thing to think something is squashed in the moment, but then you see the THs and realize this person was saying extra shit about you, and you get pissed off all over again.

That would go both ways though. Nene talked smack about Cynthia/Peter in her talking head interviews as much as Cynthia did Nene/Gregg.

Girl I'm not batting for the late and shut in, it isn't my style either.  I don't think Nene had to be a mind reader to have understood that whenever her friend reacted, her words were offensive.  I also don't think it was months later, the sitdown dinner about Nene calling Peter a bitch was days later and Nene's hairsplitting between I didn't call him a bitch, I said he was acting like one was some typical responsibility deflecting bullshit. 

Cynthia's punk ass reaction to what Nene said about lil girls twerking in the mall was immediate.  When it became clear to Nene that she'd hurt her friend's feelings by what she'd said, she went up to Cynthia's room and smooth played off (dismissed really) the fact that she'd hurt her friend's feelings.   It doesn't have a thing to do with time sensitivity, Nene wants the right to dismiss her wrong doing on the basis that Cynthia didn't speak up in time?  Huh?  How does that negate the original offense?  Since when is there a statute of limitations on not acknowledging that you hurt somebody? Nene's only prism is whether or not she would be hurt by the words or actions not whether or not her friend was.   For the record I hate that Cynthia takes a while to build up her steam but I hate even more the assertion that she's not entitled to her feelings because Nene no longer considers them valid. 

Oh shit.  LOL.  I'm not laughing at your story, I'm giggling at its similarity to my own life.  Look. I AGREE with ya'll.  I no longer talk to my friend of 42 years (did ya'll hear me say 42?) because my kid, her Goddaughter, didn't say thank you for her birthday gift and she texted me three months later asking if she liked it.   And then I smooth went off.    So, trust, I GET IT, but I also think that the time thing does not supersede the original feelings.  

eta:  we stopped talking because I can't work around passive aggression.  the lateness I could've gotten over.  lol.

In her reunion blog last year, Cynthia did say that viewer reaction, to the Peter/Bitch comment, influenced her decision to end the friendship. I suspect that it was Peter's reaction to viewer comments more than Cynthia's own reaction to the same comment. She was fine until the viewers pointed out that Nene was wrong and was disrespectful to Peter throughout the season and I do see Peter getting his panties in a bunch and pushing Cynthia to chose between them. I see Peter keeping tabs on viewer reaction for the sole purpose of their job security.

I  think Peter saw the writing on the wall, that Kenya was the more popular HW and that Nene would be leaving the show sooner rather than later and Cynthia needed to switch teams to keep her Bravo job. IMO, this switch from Nene to Kenya was all because Cynthia and Peter are desperate to keep their Bravo paycheck coming in. It is their only reliable source of income, BO is not bringing in the money and I do not believe that Cynthia's modeling agency is bringing in enough to keep itself and BO afloat at the same time. Peter is willing and eager to do anything to secure her paycheck to keep him in the lifestyle he feels entitled to.

• Love 4

I agree with everyone wondering WTH is Cynthia thinking, her hair and makeup choices this season are shudder inducing. She is a beautiful woman, not that you can tell lately.

I really have no favorites on this show, it's hard to watch a show where there is no one with any redeeming qualities.

I know some like Phaedra but I actually think I dislike her the most. Saying you are a lady, southern belle and godly woman does not make you perfect. She refuses to own up to anything in her marriage drama, the Kenya brawling. Just pretending you never do any wrong does not make it true.

Many of the other women are loud, crass, lie, act shady but at least that is more real than Phaedra walking around constantly like her shit doesn't stink. Okay tirade over!

• Love 3

At this point I'm starting to think it was a huge mistake to demote Porsha and upgrade Claudia to full time. Since during filming the producers thought Claudia would be part time, I'm guessing they didn't really film much of her private life aside from the drama she was apart of (and these constant scenes with Kenya...yawn). So with that footage added in and Porsha's private life aside from drama edited out we're getting a hastily edited and uneven final product. Why didn't they just have 7 full time HWs? An ensemble feel would have made these inconsistencies less noticeable.

Where the hell is the other FOTH Demetria by the way? I read on Twitter that she was actually at Cynthia's Ebony party at Bar One but was edited out as to make Claudia seem more like a  full time Wife.

I wish they hadn't demoted Porsha.  I like her.  She's funny.  She has a very friendly and outgoing personality.  She likes to laugh.  I like that in a person and it's fun to watch also.  She had me cracking up in her talking heads during that meeting with Cynthia.  I like when Porsha and Nene film scenes together.  They seem to genuinely like each other and have fun with each other.  They do a lot of joking and laughing when together.  All Cynthia and Kenya do is constantly bitch about the other housewives that they have problems with......ALL THE TIME!!  Booooring.     

• Love 5