Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E15: Finale: The Last Girl Standing (1) / America's Next Top Model Is… (2)

I ended up liking Adam, too, and I wish him well. I wish he would stop drinking SO much, though. I mean, he's what, 26 now? Brain cells stop regenerating at his age, so he needs to stop killing them.

To say nothing of what is called "a beer gut" in men. Guys his age can stay slim and cut, but give him a couple of years and he's going to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy if he keeps pounding the beers.

No way could Adam win since he only had his "I gave up grad school" story line. I think Tyra took him to the end so she could get a more diverse group to apply for S22. Stocky short guys will now apply because if Adam could do it, they can too!

I agree Keith only had one look and face in all his photos.

Thought it was hee-larious that Tyra made sure Will would get the makeup that would force him to model sans shirt. Way to get in everyone's phobias, Tyra.

I was wondering the same thing about his pro football career. Even with only playing a year in Philly and less than that for my Giants, he was placed on injured reserve and got an injury settlement. Yet he still couldn't bother to at least get his beloved mom out of the projects? Selfish.

Wow, I didn't realize Keith played for those major teams. Just signing a contract with NFL would have gotten Keith's mom a great house in the 'burbs, all paid for. Who wants to bet that Mom won't see any of ANTM's $100,000 either. (Well, more like $50,000 after taxes.)

• Love 4

Will is still the most beautiful human I've ever seen. Staring at his face has been the highlight of my Friday night.

Amen.

There has never been an Asian or a gay winner of ANTM. Tyra had the opportunity to pick either one in the finale. Instead, she went for the safe black dude. If this was really a competition about modeling, I would say let the best model win regardless of race or sexual orientation, but Keith doesn't have any more or less talent than Will or Adam. Tyra is known for picking random winners anyway, so why not make a statement and go against the grain by picking Adam or Will? I'm disappointed in you, Tyra!

On another note...I LOLed when Keith got misty-eyed at panel, and Tyra excitedly said something like, "Keith, I could be wrong, but... it looks like you're about to start CRYING!"  YESSSS! YESSSS! Let the tears flow, my darling, so Vampire Tyra can consume your sadness!

I have to say, I did enjoy the runway show. It was way over-the-top crazy, and I liked the fashion. It was nice to see Allison and Jourdan again. They look great.  Also, the commercial shoot was HILARIOUS. I think they could have edited out Keith's sob story repeated 100x over and kept the show at 1 hour instead of 2.

• Love 1

Holy crap, I haven't seen this show in a few "cycles" and I seriously didn't even recognize it.  Who the fuck is this Kelly troll?  A fashion PR maven?  WTF does that even mean?  I guess Tyra only wants ugly dumpy nasty women next to her?  Lord knows she chased away Janice, Twiggy, and Paulina.  Nobody should be subjected to Kelly on their tv screen.  She's unattractive inside and out, and doesn't really seem to have anything of substance to add.

Gods, even Nigel is gone?

To say nothing of what is called "a beer gut" in men. Guys his age can stay slim and cut, but give him a couple of years and he's going to look like the Pillsbury Dough Boy if he keeps pounding the beers.

Unfortunately, I'm living proof that this is true.  <sob>

• Love 3

They need to ditch the stupid social media vote. It's pointless and the average person on the street does not know a thing about what makes a good picture.

They need to go back to the expert judges. Actual models and people in the industry.

Social media is what got Keith the win.

The whole 'social media' is an illusion created by Tyra. Nobody gives a damn about it and nobody really cares what a bunch of weirdos on Instagram and Twittuh think about a pic. The fact BryanBoy was around for only 10 minutes attests to this fact. Now if they'll only get rid of Kelly and Yu Tsai...

Keith won because he is male, black, and...there. Tyra wanted a man and there haven't been that many African American winners of ANTM so why not have him be the first guy on top of it!

Edited by BathKol

Tyra had it out for Lenox since that one week, and has had a hard-on for Keith since the beginning so this wasn't a big surprise. 

I totally agree.  She made it quite obvious that she had a thing for Keith.  I actually thought Adam was going to win because it was pretty clear that they all thought he was consistently improving while the other two were up and down throughout the season.  When Keith won, I was just like. "Oh yeah...she has a thing for him."

• Love 1

I wonder what kind of dancing Will does because if he is as pro as he claims he should be rangy or pretty muscular. Male ballet dancers are no joke - you can't do doubles and triple sauts and assemblés with scrawny chicken legs and a gut.

Will is a dance instructor, not a professional dancer. Most instructors have trained as dancers themselves but "teach instead of do." He's already shown us he can kick over his head, pirouette, plus walk in 6-in. heels, something none of the other contestants could do, male or female. They showed a picture of him with his wee girl students in the finale last night. I wouldn't hesitate to have him teach my little girl (or boy) if I had one. He doesn't need to be all ripped and cut to teach since he is not dancing professionally himself, unlike teachers Maks, Val, Louie et. al. from DWTS. Heck, even retired pro dancers can get soft and marshmallow-y once they are able to eat food instead of smoke cigarettes to pass the time. Plus this show demonstrated he does know how to use himself in photos.

I also noticed that Will was the only contestant all season long who actually SMILED at panel and was at ease talking and chatting up the others. That shows a huge level of sophistication, something all the others lacked. Or, at least Tyra's editing did not allow us to see it. Will was given a great edit. I think everyone on the show knows he is special, he just wasn't "right" to win this season.

Does anyone know why Tyra's runway models are not allowed to smile or look at anyone or anywhere, just "smize" straight ahead? I've seen other runway shows and those models are interesting and draw my eye to them just by them showing a personality. Tyra's kids are never allowed to smile in their photos, either. What's up with that? Does a model always have to look mean, threatening or unhappy?

From the start, Tyra clearly wanted to bang Keith... I mean, crown him the winner.

Isn't Keith the one who owns Tyra's "Manaconda"? Just sayin'. Edited by OnceSane
added quote boxes
  • Love 1

Geez can we get the bullshit coronation of Keith over with already?

I will barf if he mentions getting out of the projects as his motivation one more time.  If he was in the NFL, didn't that help with his family's financial situation? Or was his career too short to make a lot of money?

OMG!  I can SO do without the sob stories.  I have to assume that the producers make these people talk about their problems.  If they're doing it on their own...I just can't.  Also, I totally agree about being confused as to why his family is in the PJs.  I looked up the minimum salaries in the NFL and I also see that he received an injury settlement.  His earnings from the NFL have to be more than what he will win from ANTM and he wasn't able to or chose not to save them with that money.  So........I don't understand.

• Love 3

I can't believe no one saw Kelly drool over Keith week after week. Giving him high scores that were not deserved. I do believe they all slanted it so a guy would win...but for crying out loud don't make it sooooo obvious. I believe cover girl backed out knowing in advance a guy would win, how would his beauty shot look for mascara? I don't have a problem with Tyra having a make up line, it seems a natural evolution for her. Next cycle I do not want to see Kelly at all.It was a joke watching her drool over a young guy in such an unbecoming manner...she is old enough to know how to carry herself and way too old for Keith. He gets the money and the last laugh.

• Love 1

OMG!  I can SO do without the sob stories.  I have to assume that the producers make these people talk about their problems.  If they're doing it on their own...I just can't.

It's so we, the viewers, get all emotionally attached to the down-and-out person. My best friend got on a competition reality show. She and her husband were furious when she came in second. Yes, she was the one who SHOULD have won, technically, but she is WASP, well-off financially, and had no "problems" in her perfect life. The winner was pulling himself up by his boot straps, trying to make a go of life as a minority from the wrong side of the tracks and was gay on top of it all. That's just the way reality shows are.

I looked up the minimum salaries in the NFL and I also see that he received an injury settlement.  His earnings from the NFL have to be more than what he will win from ANTM and he wasn't able to or chose not to save them with that money.  So........I don't understand.

I know. There is something WAY wrong with Keith's sob story. Or with Keith himself that he left mom in the pjs.

I don't have a problem with Tyra having a make up line, it seems a natural evolution for her.

I would actually buy some of that sh ... I mean, make up.

Next cycle I do not want to see Kelly at all.It was a joke watching her drool over a young guy in such an unbecoming manner...she is old enough to know how to carry herself and way too old for Keith.

But Kelly is told every week by Tyra how important she is. Why wouldn't Keith want to hook up with Her Highness?

I did wonder why Tyra kept making cracks at Miss J at panel. Like what J was wearing was worse than the dreck Tyra had on her body and head? Miss J looked so unhappy. I wonder if he had to come back because of some contract goofup and he wasn't getting paid or something.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

OMG!  I can SO do without the sob stories.  I have to assume that the producers make these people talk about their problems.  If they're doing it on their own...I just can't.  Also, I totally agree about being confused as to why his family is in the PJs.  I looked up the minimum salaries in the NFL and I also see that he received an injury settlement.  His earnings from the NFL have to be more than what he will win from ANTM and he wasn't able to or chose not to save them with that money.  So........I don't understand.

It's like some of these contestants think that they're entitled to win because they've had a difficult or relatively difficult life or something-- puhleeaze just spare me the violins.  Yeah, I don't know what happened to all Keith's football money-- bad investments? Pissed it all away?  I guess Keith's an ok winner-- he's handsome and he has a great body, but he's also kind of boring and wooden.  Who knows if he'll get much work-- Tyra's endorsement seems to be like the fashion kiss of death. 

Edited by Gianthambeast

I thought that was one of the best finales on ANTM I have seen in a while.  I really liked how they bought back every single contestant back even Ivy the first eliminated model!  It was nice to see everyone come to Korea and walk down the runway show well ( even that Marijuana brat lol). Adam was definitely the most improved out of all models this season, but I dont think he wanted it as badly as the other contestants, and like Will said with Adams constant drinking on the show he just wasnt someone that represented a top model in a very positive way. I for one am glad that Lennox did not win, she was in the bottom 4 times in a row and I still think she should have left before Shei just my opinion, Lennox just didnt have the full package to win this show in my opinion, sure she took some amazing photos but she was not very good at the challenges, constantly complained about what she couldnt do, and she has the same model look that we have seen again and again in top model.  I was pulling for Keith or Will to win because I felt they were the most consistent, but in the end I think the right model won.  I think Will is an awesome model but I think Will got really nervous in the finale, I didnt like Wills run way walk and it took him a while to get comfortable modeling without his shirt on. Keith had the best runway walk clearly, and I enjoyed his commercial the best, and the fact that he was able to put up with Yu Si or whatever that guys name is....  Keith putting up with Yu Si and not snapping on him took a lot of patience and self control, I for one would have lost it on Yu Si a long time ago.  So congrats to Keith I think he earned it fair and square especially after looking at all of his photos throughout the season not to mention he did do the best on the go sees challenge as well.  I dont know how I feel about the social media scores.  Its like on one hand I like the fact the public has some say in who gets to stay because I dont always agree with the judges decisions but in all fairness the judges are right there with the contestants on the spot and they truly know who has the best potential and who should stay and who should go. Im not fashion expert or anything, but Keith earned that win fair and square to me.

Will is a dance instructor, not a professional dancer. Most instructors have trained as dancers themselves but "teach instead of do." He's already shown us he can kick over his head, pirouette, plus walk in 6-in. heels, something none of the other contestants could do, male or female. They showed a picture of him with his wee girl students in the finale last night. I wouldn't hesitate to have him teach my little girl (or boy) if I had one. He doesn't need to be all ripped and cut to teach since he is not dancing professionally himself, unlike teachers Maks, Val, Louie et. al. from DWTS. Heck, even retired pro dancers can get soft and marshmallow-y once they are able to eat food instead of smoke cigarettes to pass the time. Plus this show demonstrated he does know how to use himself in photos.

Err the only reason why I asked was because his talking how "I'm a professional...I do this for a living" in the beginning of the cycle confused me a bit on his physique. I don't really remember much about him being an instructor (it was only mentioned once). I was in a pre professional ballet program for a half year so I've seen how powerful a man dancing eight to ten hours a day can be; I guess I just assumed he must/would be taking daily class. Shrugs.

Edited by BathKol

Good for Keith! He has the right look and build, and had the right sob story that reality TV loves! Adam will be fine. He got a redemption arc, and "most improved", while Will got a coming out story that melted some hearts somewhere where they don't have gay people. And Lenox actually won as well if you consider the fact that, again, males and females don't compete in the industry, so she was the best girl. And Tyra wins because she gets a cosmetics line, commercials for said line where the "talent" doesn't need to get paid, and another season! It's all winners tonight!

Completely agree with this. It ended the way I expected and was pretty anticlimatic.

I think what I hate is that it's pushed at us so hard. Almost everybody in the top 6 (?) had a sob story but the way they kept going in with Keith's pretty much told me he was going to win. That said, they missed something, I think: Isn't Keith's mom gay? I seem to remember him saying something like that after Denzel made another homophobic comment.

Truth is, I could stare at all three of these boys all day long. Will in his commercial was hot as hell. I really wanted him to win but I would have been okay with any of them. I think they'll all do well as models.

Also, I just have to say that my 8-year-old niece is the reason why I know who 2NE1 is. *blush*

Edited by ExMathMajor
  • Love 1

Damn, I wanted Will to take it! He had the most ethereally beautiful face in the competition...and i'm including the women in that assessment as well. It's too bad that his height is such a liability. I don't see why he can't do beauty shots, though. Keith is very good looking, but there is something rather dull about him and I can't really pinpoint it. Must be the woodenness. There's not enough "life" there. I didn't care about Lennox and her smashed nose.

I have to say, I really disagree with Alex's recap of this season. I am a gay man and I cringe at the idea that the winner should be the gay guy because, progress. Yes, this show is bullshit but in terms of modeling, Will is too tall and soft. Will isn't a better model because he's the progressive choice, just like Obama or Clinton would not be better presidents because they're not white males. And personally, I got tired of Will weeping all season.

Also, enough with the Adam bashing. Adam was nothing but pleasant and sweet all season, and he addressed his past with regret, saying it cost him dearly. He seemed to have nothing but genuine affection for Will. It's not like Adam curb stomped some gay guys in college. Drop the character assassination, he did nothing to deserve it on this show.

I like your post, I agree with you all on points!

I'm not sure if it was entirely editing (likely) or being in the house with a bunch of illiterate gnomes (a combination), but Will was OK - I'm not ready to knock down doors for him or cheer the loudest in a crowd. I understand him and Denzel were not going to share a banana split and talk over a cup of espresso but you know, you're going to run into people like Denzel who are even worse than he is - and I'm not talking about his strange babble gabble straight guy whatever. Fashion and modeling is a short lived career full of fake, egotistical people. I know, I have to deal with them. You have to have a strong sense of self to exist in a world which questions yourself every five seconds. I think Will needs to do a little more soul searching - it's good for you, and makes you a stronger person. His parents are really cute tho. :-)

Adam is sweet, but he's going to die of liver failure if he keeps up with the drankin'. Everybody assumed he'd be a screaming jack from the promos but he seems...gentle. He has a soft look in his eyes which you don't see often in 20-something year old guys.

• Love 3

Well, if Adam didn't win, he still got top 3, which means I can totally try out for next season as my drag king persona and can probably get pretty far.  If you see a really short guy with a weird accent and a much more realistic fake beard than Denzel's, that will be me.

• Love 4

Isn't Keith's mom gay? I seem to remember him saying something like that after Denzel made another homophobic comment.

Also, I just have to say that my 8-year-old niece is the reason why I know who 2NE1 is. *blush*

Yeah, his moms are lesbian or whatever. I still think he was assembled in a laboratory cause he's so robotic and weird. His voice creeps me out. HE creeps me out. Weirdo.

Your niece is awesome. :-) I haven't kept up with 2NE1 since they released their first single...

• Love 1

Well, if Adam didn't win, he still got top 3, which means I can totally try out for next season as my drag king persona and can probably get pretty far. If you see a really short guy with a weird accent and a much more realistic fake beard than Denzel's, that will be me.

Don't forget to come up with a really sad, Charles Dickens-esque sob story about how your single momma raised 14 adopted children in a converted warehouse while you mined coal nuggets in a local factory.

• Love 6

Social media is what got Keith the win. Without that I think Will had the win.

Actually, social media would have given the win to Will. He had the highest social media score, Keith was second, and Adam third. Keith had higher scores from the judges and the challenges, and that is technically why he won.

For all that the social media aspect of this show has been maligned - and I've generally felt the same way myself - when I look at the scores that get given out to the models all season, social media has generally seemed to be more on the mark than the judges. Of course, a lot of that is because Tyra keeps giving out scores to her favorites that are designed to offset poor scores from the other judges and from social media.

I don't think Keith's win really had to do with Tyra, though. I suspect, just as I suspected last season with Jourdan, that Guess picks the winner. I didn't like Jourdan, but she was the most modelesque - especially for Guess - of last season's crop. This season, of course Guess wanted the ex-NFLer, the only one who's any kind of name.

In regards to Keith's finances, 78% of NFL players go bankrupt within 2 years of retirement. Primarily, because they never had any real money until they hit the NFL and so they know nothing about how to manage it. Very much like how 70% of lottery winners go bankrupt.

Edited by Black Knight

I think the biggest disappointment in not winning ANTM is the cash. The others can still pick up contracts and modeling gigs. But $50,000 cash (remember, taxes will take about half) in the pocket is nice. Still, each of these people were getting a weekly paycheck on top of free room and board, so it's not like the rest came away with nothing. My friend who was on an obscure reality show on Animal Planet, not exactly a network powerhouse, got $800 a week, plus all expenses paid for everything else: food, travel, whatever. Since most of the ANTM kids don't really have jobs, I'd say it's a nice perk to just be on the show. Plus they become D-list reality stars!

Best part of the finale was seeing Allison who looked gorgeous and nice to know she is so successful. Jourdan looked great too even though I didn't like her during her cycle. Keith's win was so predictable but I think they made the right decision since he is the only one with the right height and build for modeling. Loved the runway show but 2NE1 was horrendous! Their song was just noise to me and they all looked like Asian Pussycat Doll impersonators.

Edited by OnceSane
removed slut-shaming language

I don't recall seeing a worse top 3 in all the seasons that I've watched of ANTM.  I don't even care who wins now, because none of them deserve it.

And Chantelle... still delusional and bitchy, I see. 

What a crap finale.

• Love 2

I think Tyra suddenly dumped the social media vote after the Guess shoot because it showed Lennox as going through to the finale.  And tat wouldn't make Her Majesty happy, since she seems to really hate Lennox.

• Love 2

Kelly's original critique of Keith's AIDS shot: "It doesn't even make sense for you to be smiling in that picture."

Kelly's critique of the same shot at the finale: "This photo was one of my favorites of you..."

LOL Show, never change. In other news, I was genuinely shocked that Adam lost because it seemed like the review of past photo shoots started from when Adam began to take halfway decent photos. I should have known it would be Keith! Tyra's obsessed with his manaconda and I was spoiled on his modeling career before cycle 21 started. Will will be fine without this competition, although I don't expect him to do runway, ever. He's a beautiful man. 

I wonder if Adam gave away the win because producers realized that he wasn't going to stop drinking, and later Nylon and Guess chose the winner? He's not a model, but I think his makeover really made him sexy, and his Guess shots (both of them) gave me life. Keith's edit was so bland, I just question if he was originally meant to win.

Why did Keith say that he was excited to talk to his mom on the phone, but the phone showed his sister? I also strongly agree with those who said that Keith's story about poverty is suspect as hell. Even if he's burned all his NFL money by now, while he was in the NFL, his family should not have been living in the projects. $100K before taxes won't do half the things that NFL contract money would have done for his fam. Bye! Keith's given me a bad feeling from the beginning, there's something about his personality that I find cold and a little scary. I remember saying it from the first week that Keith called Mirjana a bitch, and used his lesbian mom as an excuse to sit and listen to Denzel's bullshit but pretend that he didn't agree.

I guess I'm happy that this season is over, and Raelia is bad as hell - just wanted to throw that in. Nice cast, poor execution.

Edited by EvilApplesauce
  • Love 2

If Nylon and Guess, not to mention Next Models, chose the winner from among the final 3, the only logical choice would be Keith, since Will is too tall and Adam too short and muscular. Keith may be a robot and he may never have much of a modeling career but he is the right size for modeling. My favorite was still Will and Matthew, wish Matthew had won instead.

Edited by Mattipoo
  • Love 1

Ugh. They were all horrible walkers and so-so at taking photos. Keith's sexy face looks like an angry face, and I don't get why the judges think it's awesome.

The one bright spot for me was that Tyra didn't cut someone right before runway, the way she did to Cory last season. That was the worst thing I've ever seen her do to anyone, and, when it looked like she was going to do it again I thought, "I'm done with this show, for real, if she does that to somebody else." Glad it didn't happen.

• Love 1

Ugh. They were all horrible walkers and so-so at taking photos. Keith's sexy face looks like an angry face, and I don't get why the judges think it's awesome.

I can't tell the difference between Keith's sexy face, angry face, bored face, dreamy face, orgasm face, hungry face, pensive face, or sleepy face. He's so stiff and cold - does he have emotions? He's seriously kind of creepy.

Edited by BathKol
  • Love 6

I think Saleisha, Whitney, Naima, Krista, Old grandma Lisa, and orange Laura from the college cycle are all worse winners than Keith.

In many ways they are like the same person incarnated multiple times. But I do agree with you - Keith occupies a different domain in comparison. Saleisha, Whitney, and Laura were dull and pretty much background for most of their seasons. Laura was kind of there but she never really stood out to me so... Naima was just such a let down - everybody on panel built her up soooo much and she just...kinda drifted here and there. Lisa??? I...I have no words, but she seems pretty knowledgable on how TV works. Especially reality TV.

Yawn. Keith seems like a nice guy - they all seem like all right people, even though Adam clearly shouldn't have been in the finals, so it's not an upsetting finale or anything. Now that I think about it, I suspect they have the 3 guys in the end mostly because of logistics - most designers will have a primary colletion in either female or male, but not both (unless they're really big, and if they are they wouldn't be on top model) - so it probably is just easier to work with to have one gender in the finals. But man, it's such a yawner of an episode. They really need to get some better judges who at least seem like they know what they're talking about. Watching the judges comment on their portfolio is like watching those youtube clips they had of viewers commenting about how hot one of them are.

Oh yeah, and honestly, I always thought Keith looks more of a Taye Diggs than a Tyson. It's probably his smile. Will was really the only modelesque person of the group - Keith is good looking in a actor sort of way, and Adam is cute in a regular dude sort of way. 

Edited by belindasmiles

I haven't seen the episodes yet because I had more important things to fill the DVR with but this is kind of a disappointing result. On the one hand, what else was going to happen? Lennox is too bland and Will and Adam aren't credible models even if I do like them both. But Keith? Tyra's been pushing him from the beginning. Which means I could have saved all these weeks of my life! There's something supremely unsatisfying about this result.

Finally got round to watching. So Lenox does teh best on the Tyra commercial but it turns out that that whole thing is irrelevant and they're only judged based on the guess photos which Tyra obvoiusly chose a "hoocie" one for Lenox.  Maybe Tyra should take a Harvard course on how to rig less obviously. I skipped the second episode because the winner was predictable.

Regarding the NFL money-family in projects thing mentioned above, when that part aired I found it odd how like slow and a little insincere Keith sounded while saying that. He didn't specifically say his mom so my thinking is that he has family in one bedroom projects but not like his mom, or other immediate family. Probably like cousins or something.

• Love 2
I don't think Keith's win really had to do with Tyra, though. I suspect, just as I suspected last season with Jourdan, that Guess picks the winner. I didn't like Jourdan, but she was the most modelesque - especially for Guess - of last season's crop. This season, of course Guess wanted the ex-NFLer, the only one who's any kind of name.

Don't know if I buy that since Guess' IG apparently said they liked Lenox of the four...  Of course, maybe this was before the final three was revealed?

Kelly's original critique of Keith's AIDS shot: "It doesn't even make sense for you to be smiling in that picture."

Kelly's critique of the same shot at the finale: "This photo was one of my favorites of you..."

LOL Show, never change...

The show/judges have pulled this stuff before to justify the win of the person chosen so this doesn't surprise me at all.

Oh yeah, and honestly, I always thought Keith looks more of a Taye Diggs than a Tyson. It's probably his smile.

I can see both actually.  But I'm still meh.  I wish Keith luck.  After all, he's not the most egregious winner they've ever had it's just that it was so telegraphed from day one that's annoying.

Edited by milkyaqua
Oh, and did you know that Keith's father passed away and that he's doing this to help his poor mother?

I may be remembering this wrong... but I thought Keith was raised by two moms. I think it came up when Denzel was complaining about losing to a man wearing heels. 

Anyway, I knew Keith would be crowned the winner when Tyra gave him best picture for the jumping shot at the airport. Should have been Will's win (IMHO).  But, Keith seems like a nice enough guy. I wish him well! I hope Will goes to NY and tries to become a print model. He's too beautiful not to share it with the world. 

• Love 1

(Rolls eyes)

That's all I got. Though, I believe Tyra when she was talking about how she went crazy on kimchi.

Just because you keep saying Keith has versatility doesn't make it true. He's just so boring.

Oh, Tyra. I was rooting for you!

What versatility?  When the judges were reviewing his portfolio, he had the same exact face in every shot.

• Love 2

What versatility? When the judges were reviewing his portfolio, he had the same exact face in every shot.

His versatility extends to how far his left eyeball can rotate in its socket in a photo.

• Love 1
Whomever did her product design such as the compact colors and lipstick tubes did a tacky job. Looks like drug store quality. I can't vouchsafe for her products as NARS and Smashbox have already done multi use beauty sticks and probably do them better. Lipstick is kind of old now and you can get away with stained balms for more natural color.

IDK. I'm happy for Tyra and she seems like a relatively versatile woman who has the ability to exist in a market where self-pimping sexuality becomes the norm. Maybe she's getting ready to close the door on ANTM finally? I've been a begrudging fan since its early days and now that C.22 is in casting...it has been over 12 years since this show was considered fresh, divergent, and exciting. It's bad but I hope she ends it before it gets worse.

Edited by BathKol
Even if he's burned all his NFL money by now, while he was in the NFL, his family should not have been living in the projects.

I doubt he ever earned much in the way of NFL money. He never played a regular season game. Seems he spent most of his time on the practice squad or injured. I'm not sure about the Eagles where he doesn't have any internet trace at all but I found his salary for the Giants. It was a one year $405K deal, but I don't think he saw much of that (not guaranteed?) as he was injured and apparently reached some sort of settlement for a pay-out. 

This was such a boring episode. I was rooting for Will, but was happy enough for Keith. Anyone but Adam! Dude does not look like a model. 

I found his salary for the Giants. It was a one year $405K deal, but I don't think he saw much of that (not guaranteed?) as he was injured and apparently reached some sort of settlement for a pay-out.

That's almost one-half million dollars in one year! What the frak? Even after taxes takes half, that's one-quarter million dollars. And I expect that's approximately what he got in the injury settlement, at least one-quarter mil. Isn't THAT enough to get mom out of the projects? Regular people are living on $20,000 (or less) a year and making it work without having to live in the ghetto.

Either Keith's sob story is a total lie or he's a selfish jackass who took all his NFL money and jacked it away on himself. There's no excuse. Plus he's saying the $50,000 (after taxes) he's getting from ANTM will save his family from the projects. So where the heck was he and his NFL money before that?

Please. Just thinking about that makes me ill. I wasn't an Adam fan but I would rather have had him win and say he was using his win money to finish grad school and become a mathematician at some university.

Like I posted earlier, I know someone who was tackled/injured on his way to the field at his very first NFL practice, never even got in one practice much less one game,  and was set for life with his settlement. His name is not Keith.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

That's almost one-half million dollars in one year! What the frak? Even after taxes takes half, that's one-quarter million dollars. And I expect that's approximately what he got in the injury settlement, at least one-quarter mil. Isn't THAT enough to get mom out of the projects? Regular people are living on $20,000 (or less) a year and making it work without having to live in the ghetto.

Either Keith's sob story is a total lie or he's a selfish jackass who took all his NFL money and jacked it away on himself. There's no excuse. Plus he's saying the $50,000 (after taxes) he's getting from ANTM will save his family from the projects. So where the heck was he and his NFL money before that?

Please. Just thinking about that makes me ill. I wasn't an Adam fan but I would rather have had him win and say he was using his win money to finish grad school and become a mathematician at some university.

Like I posted earlier, I know someone who was tackled/injured on his way to the field at his very first NFL practice, never even got in one practice much less one game, and was set for life with his settlement. His name is not Keith.

Unfortunately, they either spend the money on frivolous, useless things or get caught up in legal trouble with the team because they do something stupid, like not reading the contract, and lose it all.

The only big money sport I understand is horse racing. I am vaguely aware of basketball and tennis because my mom and grandfather are big fans and if I can't wheedle them into watching the Breeder's Cup or local meets I have to sit up and stare at that. Football is a weird world to me.

Edited by BathKol

Other than American Idol none of these recent competition shows have produced a true superstar, I could be wrong though.

I would add "Top Chef" as another exception....

I wanted Will to win, so I was fully expecting Keith to win.  That's just the way ANTM always seems to go.

Seeing Shei again in the finale made me chuckle -- when she was eliminated, Tyra made her promise to keep her hair in that ridiculous Cruella de Ville style.  However, pictures of Shei since then show that she's clearly gone back to having dark(ish) hair.

• Love 1

Seeing Shei again in the finale made me chuckle -- when she was eliminated, Tyra made her promise to keep her hair in that ridiculous Cruella de Ville style.  However, pictures of Shei since then show that she's clearly gone back to having dark(ish) hair.

That reminds me, the girl Tyra said had the alien face, I've forgotten her name, but her Tyover (heh) was to become bleached blond, had bangs at the final runway walk. It was a big improvement. I think much of Tyra's makeovers are to just make freakish personas for the show. She let that guy last cycle keep his mountain man long hair that looked filthy and greasy every shoot, but she shaved Adam's head when he could have rocked his long locks. Go figure.

• Love 1